Speaker 1: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of midges.
Speaker 2: This is very exciting because I've got my podcast husband with me and my television wife, Sophie Monke is here.
Speaker 3: Look at you cheating on me.
Speaker 2: I know right, I've been found out. How are you? Thank you for coming on?
Speaker 3: I'm good and thanks for coming on the show. You were so good on beauting the geek. People were writing to me that I should be your podcast?
Speaker 2: Why really?
Speaker 4: Oh, murrying out said.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah, sorry, they did, so we should have podcast. I did actually ask me. Jennie said, he's already taken.
Speaker 2: She did on the rooftop. In between takes, like when they were loading beauties and geeks in and out of the studio, we would run up to the rooftop have a coffee. So if it was like, oh, so what's your movements with podcasts? Is there you have any extra time in the week if I'm very busy, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll were killing two birds of one Stone today. It's a shame we couldn't get you in studio today. Sof with you know, Sydney Lockdown and everything, because I was hoping to get you to sign my physical.
Speaker 4: Copy of your single Inside Outside.
Speaker 1: I still have all the old CD that I have when I was little embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like you and my family are the only one that has a copy of that I didn't do well.
Speaker 4: I still know the words, what.
Speaker 2: Are the lyrics? Turn the beat around? I'm sorry, Mitch was a little gay boy in the country growing up in bogen Gage.
Speaker 4: You know what though?
Speaker 1: The CD single, I don't know if you remember so, but it came with like a pull out poster, and because I had a poster of Sophie Monk in a bikini on my wall, my parents were.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, maybe he's straight.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's such a camp photo of anyway.
Speaker 1: It is so camp I'll have to get you to sign it another time.
Speaker 4: But hey, I wanted to ask.
Speaker 1: That's obviously your old music back in the day, but I want to know when there's new music coming, because you posted on your Instagram late last year a little teaser of a song that you'd recorded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got it. Yeah, some time burlesque vibe.
Speaker 4: So I got a big thing say, it's very like James.
Speaker 2: Bond really adele Yeah generous now, I said, dell like a computer. Sounds like it was made on a Dell computer. Yeah, you heard me.
Speaker 1: And so the Instagram post was basically saying, Hi, guys, be honest, should I release this? I didn't see one person say anything discouraging you from releasing it, and yet we haven't seen the song yet. When you're getting new music because I love this ship.
Speaker 3: Well I delete the bad comments anyway. I did. I've shot the music video for it. We're just waiting on the final edit to release it. It's a very different sound, but it's just that's what I wear. I'm pumpfy is it? So?
Speaker 2: Is it just to like pop coming out?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna win an aria anytime. I don't never want anything in my life, So I think it's just for people if they want to listen to it. And I like the vibe. It's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this vibe.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not inside outside but like no, yeah, this is such a vibe.
Speaker 3: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: So you're so busy as well? What's coming up? TV wise? So because Bitty and the Geeks is rated filming obviously, so it's airing. Now, what do you have coming up?
Speaker 3: Yep? I love Island's coming out. Yeah that's the end. Of the year. But that's next to Lives. That's pretty much live. So I don't know much more than I'm doing it, shay, but just yeah, try and lock down in between that with the confusing lockdown that's going on.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, isn't it Where are you?
Speaker 3: You? Just?
Speaker 2: Don't you in Brisbane? Were you in Brisbane? Central Coast? I thought?
Speaker 3: Yeah, central Coast? Now yeah? But yeah, so I'm not Are you confused about the rules a bit? I'm like, so, can I go to work or not? So I'm just staying at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if it's work that can't be done from home, I think you're allowed to leave.
Speaker 4: But I mean any excuses stay home.
Speaker 2: I reckon. Yeah, it's so bad for the radio show because my radio show is still classed as essential service. So every night I'm doing my stupid games and the only calls I'm getting the nurses because they're the only ones in there cars. I'm like, Sally, what are you doing tonight? She's like, I just ventilated a nineteen year old and I'm on my way home.
Speaker 3: Oh my, look at you that, Mitch. I love how you're still going to work like a frontline worker.
Speaker 2: Not good. Oh, so far. Hey, look, we love you. I think Beauty in the Geek was so fun? And how long ago did you guys film that? Oh?
Speaker 3: How long was that, Mitch?
Speaker 2: It would have been Yeah, it would have been an eight where I think it was end of March. End of March. We shot that in the studios and we were here for hours, like in there in that booth, just recording. We went delirious by the end. We were like you can see it in some of the takes, like I just keep hitting you, like I keep grabbing your shoulder because I was physically laughing so hard. We had so much fun that.
Speaker 3: Day, didn't we It was very fun.
Speaker 1: I've heard that TV takes like a lot longer to film than people realize, So, like, is that frustrating having to do TV sheets like that?
Speaker 2: So far?
Speaker 4: It's there all day for like not much footage that actually gets you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, not when it's about you, But when you have to see, say to a movie, when you're doing a movie and you're sitting in the trailer waiting for your turn, that's hard, you know, because you're just bored. But you know it's so entertaining a show like this, It doesn't get boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dre, and you're the host, so you know, there's more of you coming up. Like I had my auntie Julie and uncle Sam like in Queensland watching and they're like, oh, well we'll go get popcorn and keep watching. After the ad break, I'm like, oh no, that's it. I'm done. I'm out. There's not much more of me. Maybe in a promo, but I was so great. So and you've got your wedding coming up to when is that that's exciting?
Speaker 3: Oh? I haven't booked it yet, we have done anything. I think we'll do low key because yeah, that's exactly right. So yeah, I think I'm just still from home. The safest way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, soph was telling me guys that she actually used the prop department from Beauty and the Geek to like set design her engagement party.
Speaker 4: I'm so smart.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at you and I can tell that your house is beautiful, so like I would get married there too.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. Oh you were lucky. It's not massive, it's just open and nice, you know. So just it's safer us to do it at home, just with him and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fiance life going good. Because you're like, you committed now, so you're in it for the long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome. I think I'm doing his heading, but I love having him around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, I remember a few years ago, back when I was still in high school. I was in the car with mum and she had star FM Orange tuned into the radio, and I heard you talking, and I was like, is that the same Sophie Monk that I listened to her music? Like inside outside, This can't be the same Sophie Monk you were filling in for Feefee Box at the time, And oh, yeah, you've done heaps of radio years after that. Is that something that you're just kind of done with radio? Or could you do that again full time?
Speaker 3: I love radio, but I love everything too. Breakfast radio is tough. I think it just it really messed with me because we had no ratings either. I remember there was a newspaper that read for people that are blued and that got higher ratings than our shots. Say, getting up early to do you know shit? Radio said that early booms you out, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it helps when you're very the filling gale and I'm the filling guy. Like, we don't get the show. We just get called up when someone has diarrhea or a baby, like, then we fill in on the show. That's us, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: I like it that way. The substitute teacher.
Speaker 2: We like, yeah, the b side Yeah.
Speaker 1: And doesn't everyone get like a big sigh of relief when they've got a sub teacher they realize that they're teacher the way and they're like, oh great, this is going to be a loose lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no, it's not rating sor it either, so there's no pressure on you to have a good shot.
Speaker 4: Now, there's one.
Speaker 1: Question that I like to ask all of our guests. You are welcome not to answer, but we have a list of things better than drugs and dick that we're working on gradually.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like something small in life that you appreciate. Some people might say, you know, a pair of slippers or what did Anche Bishops say?
Speaker 2: God bless her?
Speaker 4: Vision's just gone sober.
Speaker 1: And so he was saying that things he believes are better than drugs and dick are getting up early writing a gratitude journal.
Speaker 3: So like a nice cool polease yeah wow, might would been Jimmy Brings Jimmy.
Speaker 2: That's good. No one has said alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, delivered a cold and comes in like, you know, twenty minutes. Yep, that'd be it.
Speaker 1: I actually used Jimmy Brings for the first time not long ago, and I thought because it was like delivery service, they would jack up the prices. But it was just like going down to the bottle and getting a couple of cheap rosees.
Speaker 4: Like it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without the embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can stay in your oak boots. They do Siggi's too. Did you know you can get cigarettes with Jimmy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do know that. That was a big night when I had cigarette.
Speaker 2: I'm not a smoke of it. The one time I did Jimmy Brings, I'm like, yeah, I'll get some Malborough Reds.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 4: I was so wasted that night. I got a selfie with the guy that brought me cigarettes in the Jimmy Brings.
Speaker 2: No like Jimmy's he ye, No, I'm Stephen and I paid casually. I'm twelve, all right, So for we love you, We've kept you long enough. Great to have my two mediate partners look at me. Polyamorous is that what's called? Is it monognous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in an open co host relationship and creative relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what does Mitch and I then? Does that make us the mistresses?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're the mistresses.
Speaker 1: So we actually hate each other and they try to poison each other behind our back stuff like that.
Speaker 3: What does that make me?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jenna, what's Jenny? I like that? That's so funny.
Speaker 3: The person you have to invite to the wedding that you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always makes prolonged eye contact with you and you're like, what is going on and why.
Speaker 3: You're Kettle as a present?
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, if it's not Smeg, I don't want I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was a good present.
Speaker 4: Or I'll have to get you into the studio soon.
Speaker 3: So because we'd love to have you totally, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love to Beauty in the Geek Guys Channel nine seven thirty back seven thirty Sundays. So if you said, when it's on Monday.
Speaker 3: Sunday seven and then Monday Tuesday seven thirty, you've got to make way for a current affair on Monday tune, that's right. Yeah, we're all waiting for Tracy to get off the screen.
Speaker 2: What a strong lead in Tracy Grimshaw and it's also up on nine Now if anyone wants to get it on demand, right, yes you can. Yeah, you miss the.
Speaker 4: Episode with Cheery and Sophia together. There you go nine Now episode.
Speaker 2: Have a look. And so if you all those geeks and the beauties have followed me, it's so funny, like on Instagram.
Speaker 3: And they're like, oh, I know they love a DM, don't I love a DM?
Speaker 4: They all been really sweet.
Speaker 3: They are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It's a brilliant show. So we love you and we'll get you on soon in studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, love you guys. Thanks Love Is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: Podcast by a couple of Miches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast