Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You had a little.
Speaker 3: Family of birds in Chris's office.
Speaker 4: Here hoad milk, protein powder, peanut, butter, banana, cheer seeds.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, excuse me, where's the Shakira Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Friday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show. Good morning Jack, Good morning, Good morning guys. Patsy is backing with us. She is COVID clear. Yay.
Speaker 5: You got the result about four point thirty. But listening to the quality of that intro there, I could have stayed at home and work today.
Speaker 3: It was picklear, wasn't.
Speaker 4: I found it distracting with the birds chef waking in the background at your house.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, here we are, guys, in lockdown number five. I can't believe that it all happens so quick yesday, didn't it? There was all that Oh I don't think there. Well, there's no new cases. Then was the old COVID commander up there at midday? And he was up there for ages and at no point did he say lockdown? Tell you what? He's a commanding commander isn't he. I was watching it yesterdays because I thought, I need to find out are we going to lockdown Ruby's seventeenth birthday party? Need to work out are we re arranging everything? And I tell you what, you do not want to be removalist in this city right now there. I even saw the removal list yesterday who worked the removalist, and I looked at him like, yeah, you have a word with your boys. Have a word with you boy. Even the word removalists. I've never said that in my life. Say everyone's sticking it to he's removalists and COVID commander yesterday said this about the removalists. Someone in the Q and A asked him about the removalist and he said, I've passed the file on now to my colleagues and enforcement and the wills of justice will find them. It felt like the start of a new John Wickboby in that little van and fleeing somewhere removal list.
Speaker 4: It's the oj in by Bronco driving down the highway, but it's a removal now.
Speaker 2: And then later in the afternoon he was back down with the van.
Speaker 4: I got tricked by the first twelve to fifteen press conference. I watched the whole thing and thought, okay, so we're not in lockdown. It's the absence of the word lockdown. Man, We're free. Yeah no, there was a part two. Yeah, three o'clock.
Speaker 2: How is it we all knew about the lockdown before Dan and Jews or anyone told us. Everyone was ringing each other and going, it's definitely going to be a lockdown, and went, why we got to wait till quarter to four? We already know it. We're in a lockdown. Number Fine.
Speaker 4: It seems like now every industry has the the pre word about we're going into lockdown. Like, Ah, I'm the junior assistant to the guy who stacks the shells at calls, and so it's come down to me that we're definitely going in the lockdown.
Speaker 2: And did you guys rush to do whatever you need to do that you can't do over the next five days. So my wife is frankly trying to get hold of her eyelash. Lady, we've spoken this before. That's everything time, then getting her hair done. They had to pick up one of my daughters early because my wife said, pick them up in school and they need to get their heads done as well because it's our birthday of the weekend. And then you actually go and get a sync from someone.
Speaker 4: I was in Geelong yesterday.
Speaker 2: Best song if you're really angry right now, Jack's pilgrimage to get a flipping sink will cheer you up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: And the other remarkable thing about yesterday, it's all comes out about all these exposure sites. Remless, removerless, solid word of the week, aren't. They don't even removal men, it's removal lists. I didn't know they were called that as a collective. The other thing was now that COVID, COVID knows all the right people in this town. It's got into the mcg members section once again. It's all about who you know in this city. COVID didn't even put his name down twenty five years ago. It's in the members section. That's when you know it's really made it now in Melbourne. So why do you have to go and get a sink before the boom came down at midnight and lockdown.
Speaker 4: We've been meaning to get a new kitchen sink and Bianca found a bargain for one in Geelong earlier in the week. And I said it's not worth the bargain to drive all the way to Geelong.
Speaker 2: So just just in terms of some people, know, what's what's the round trip from where you guys are to genlong.
Speaker 4: And a half each way, so three hours?
Speaker 2: Sink? Yes, I won't kind of sink about it. Was it one of those buttler sinks?
Speaker 4: No, it's what's a butler sink?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't. I remember one day my wife ringing me out work, getting me out of a meeting, when Chris, i'm I'm in a sink place. I went, okay, she went, do you think we should get a buttler sink? I went, I don't know what that is? Do we need a do we get the butler? Get both? So the only thing I know now is something good a butler sink.
Speaker 4: This is a simple white sink. But apparently white sinks are hard to come by at the moment get out. Black sinks are in. I don't know, bank is back. I didn't know black sinks are in. White things are hard to get. So Bianki said, look, I'll drive down to Jely.
Speaker 2: How did she find one in general?
Speaker 4: Well, she's been going all over went and then one guy at a Good Guy said, oh, we have what you're looking for, but it's the only ones in July. God, can they send it up. No, they won't send it over.
Speaker 2: Sinks are a beast.
Speaker 4: So I said, fine, if you want to get the bargain, you go down to Geelong. Then yesterday she wrings me from her work and said, oh, no, the lockdown. We need to go get the sink right now.
Speaker 2: And were you kind because it's still in the glow of her birthday the day before?
Speaker 6: No that.
Speaker 2: Within half an hour. As soon as I knew that.
Speaker 4: What she was saying is I can't do it, but somebody from the family unit will have to drive down to Geelong and kit you go in the road trip. I did a three hour round trip down to Good Guys at Geelong to pick up a sink.
Speaker 2: And so then what do you do with it now? Have you got to install it?
Speaker 4: That's what I So I got back and it's like, but the guy who's coming to do the sink tomorrow he won't be able to come and he's not coming till next week.
Speaker 2: Now, so there's no point actually having the sink early. It's instilled in the back of my car. Drove into it today with a shining if we all want to have a look at it. A rare white sine.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen it before?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're going to do double Thumbs Up Friday. Now this is where we go around the team, meet Jackie, Boy and pats and we tell you about the things we're into at the moment. And now it feels a bit more relevant because you might be looking for stuff to binge watching.
Speaker 4: Look at that barrel of this weekend of just Netflix and stand.
Speaker 2: It's five days in Lockdown number five. It's amazing, isn't He got two of the biggest cities in Australia. So about eleven million people in Lockdown eighteen months after all were kicked off. All right, Patsy, you're the queen of double thumbs something.
Speaker 5: You know what, Audie and I have been getting some beautiful mummy daughter time. I get it all to myself because we've discovered this show on Netflix. Win Calls the Heart, and what's it called? Win Calls the Heart. It's an odd name, isn't it? But it's beautiful. It's got like a six series season. It's shot in Canada and the shooting of it. The scenes are just beautiful, all the mounts in the snow, but it's I don't know if you'd like it because.
Speaker 2: I love mountains. How often do I come in here and go and I'll shout to the team, anyone got any mountain bases shows for me?
Speaker 4: I'll take a photo. But if you've got fishing, that's my preference.
Speaker 2: Police.
Speaker 5: But it's sort of like a mix between Little House on the Prairie, Doctor Queen, Doctor Quinn Medicine.
Speaker 2: You're right, I don't know today we are actually breaking down in this thing. There was a mumble earlier which we can all have, but then Doctor Queen Quinn Medicine woman.
Speaker 4: It's also to completely making it up like you haven't watched any TV.
Speaker 3: Just saying something that we move on lamp.
Speaker 2: My new show is Bingo Bingo, Bulls and the Schines. It reminds me of Doctor Doctor Quinn.
Speaker 5: Man and it's a bit like Anna Green Gables as well, so it.
Speaker 2: Shows is it like what it is?
Speaker 5: It's set in the American Frontier and the early nineteen hundreds in it.
Speaker 3: It is just gorgeous. It's about this little tea, this little township, and we love it.
Speaker 5: It's sitting on this teacher and she falls in love with a mountain and oh, we just love it.
Speaker 2: We're about falls in with the mountains, and the Mountains is starring this. I get the feeding bloody love a mountain.
Speaker 4: That teacher loves mountains as much as you Christian mountain lover O'Connor.
Speaker 5: Something that my husband has got into and is roping Audrey into. We were talking about it on the show earlier in the week. Is Monkey Magic?
Speaker 2: Is that Netflix that's up.
Speaker 3: On Netflix now right?
Speaker 2: Getting into that this week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we stumbled across it last weekend.
Speaker 2: And what does she make of it? Because it's nuts?
Speaker 3: She said, I don't know if I should repeat it.
Speaker 5: She said, this show is like it's a bit on drugs, Mom and Dad, it's a bit crazy.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: It is. It reminds me of Doctor Quinn Medicine mixed with Anna green Gables ven diagram. It's not Quin green Gables. That's my sweet spot. That is my sweet A show with both of my favorite things tied to Quinn and a medicine, Anna of green.
Speaker 3: Gables, Monkey Magic.
Speaker 5: Looking at it as an adult compared to like an eight or ten year old when I last watched it. It is crazy, but there's just something addictive about it. It's a great show.
Speaker 2: Everything all right, Patsy, you're gonna be okay? Do you want me to send Jack into the news next? And whined about the news next?
Speaker 3: I'll be right.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Double thumbs Up Friday. Well, we go around the team talk about the shows we're into at the moment, and if you're looking for something like is that a new version of Anna Green Gables? We've been stown at Netflix, going when are they gonna got a new version of Anna Green Gables? Patsy's there for you? All right, Jackie boy, what are you into at the moment other than going on a three hour round trip to get a sink?
Speaker 4: I've actually got the perfect binge worthy TV show for everybody, Lockdown this weekend, Bianca and I cannot get enough of it SBS on demand. It's called Couple's Therapy.
Speaker 2: Oh now I've seen Carousel.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's good. It is simply a camera inside a couple's therapy with real people. And the deal they've done is like you can get the couple's therapy for free. But there's going to be cameras in there the whole time. That is, you can't believe a black.
Speaker 2: Box sort of flight recorder or a flight recorder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you've seen and she's so good. The therapist is amazing. Don't start bickering in there as well. Oh it's everything. Yeah, everybody's problems are just aired in front of you. You can't get enough of her. Oh my god, I'm excited to go home and watch.
Speaker 2: What happens when you watch it together, though I'd be worried that we'd start bickering watching that going it's we're watching them watching us. What's going on? This is too meta.
Speaker 4: It weirdly strengthens your relationship because you both did on the youth. You'll sit on the couch and you go like, oh, whatever problems we have, at least we're not there.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I'm diving into couple.
Speaker 4: Couples therapy on SBS on demand. And this was for when people could go into cinemas. I guess you got to wait till next week. But we watched the new movie in the heights at oh Man, it's good.
Speaker 2: The nine Manuel Miranda new one.
Speaker 4: That's right. He made Hamilton. He was the lead in the Hamilton play and he actually this was a musical he wrote before Hamilton and now they've turned it into a film.
Speaker 2: In the original grip on Anna green Gables.
Speaker 3: That guy is so talented.
Speaker 4: He's and he's in the film, but he's not the main character anymore. He played the main character in the musical. But it's so so good and old Jackie boys shed a tear in there. Oh but I mean I cry in a heap of movie, so that's not so much.
Speaker 2: Double thumbs up for me. On Amazon Prime, very very funny documentary Jamie Clarkson from Top Gear and now whatever his new one is on Amazon called Still About the Cars with him and James May and Richard Hammond. He took a year out for filming, right, I wasn't going to do anything to actually run a farm. He's always lived on this farm, like four hundred acres, but he's had people that run the farm for him.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: The old guy, the farm manager, was retiring and Clarkson was at that point is life, late fifties. We thought, do you know what, I don't want to do anything for a year. I'm going to take a year out. I'm going to work on this farm and run the farm, and so he started to do it, and then Amazon heard about it and said can we film it? It was like, fine, but it's not a TV show. You can film a bit. Stay out the way. The documentary is about him trying to get it. Literally is he becomes a farmer and it sounds boring. No, it's great.
Speaker 4: It is so good, Old Man, trust Farmer.
Speaker 2: It's really good because Clarkson is very funny. It's a really really watchable show. And it's on because Clarkson is so grumpy and brintantly grumpy as well. You see what it does because something, for the first time is life. He's connecting to nature. This is one bit where he actually gets quite emotional just staring over a gate post. He starts to buy these sheep and stuff like that. It is a really good, good show if you want to feel good show right now. That's funny as well. Clarkson's farm is brilliant. The other thing that's really feel good as well. Do you sign up to any newsletters? No?
Speaker 4: I hate newsletters and I hate when they find their way into my email.
Speaker 2: You all love this one. How about a newsletter once a week for Arnold Schwartzager. Genuinely, it's really good. If you ever heard him on Tim Ferris to the Intelligence Guy. This newsletter he sends out once a week is a couple of lot of funny stories from his life and then some wisdom and it is brilliant. Honestly, sign up get Arnie's. It comes out on a Friday. For the next hour or two, I'll get some wisdom and a little video.
Speaker 4: All right, read it's really really good.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is, if you love sopranos, there's a show on Netflix. I mean, I don't know how some of you are. How are you with subtitles?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I can put up with subtitles, yep.
Speaker 2: Some people are just out the whyn't you say it? Subtitles a go Now, I can't do subtitles.
Speaker 4: I just don't eat dinner in front of the TV with subtitles because I find when I'm looking down to get a scoop, you can't read what they're saying.
Speaker 2: So anyway, if you love a soprano, there's an Italian version. It's basically the Italian Sopranos. It's really really good. It's called Subera Blood's on Rome. It is amazing And if you're a big fan of Sopranos, there's a great podcast I mentioned this about two years ago called Talking Sopranos, where Michael Imberoli and of the cast member they watch an episode, talk about it, tell you load the behind the scenes stuff, the head all of those cast members come on the episode that's out this week has got a two hour chat with Ricky Gervas about the Sopranos that is so funny and interesting. Ricky Gervas is on they talking about his love of the Sopranos. Because I didn't realize Ricky went to set quite a few times. Oh, hung out with James Gandelphini quite a bit because he's a massive fan of it, of the Sopranos.
Speaker 4: Okay, it doesn't mean that you can just come down and walk around.
Speaker 2: I think you can if you're Ricky Gervas. Anyway, the thing's called Talking Sopranos. This week's episode's got a big chat with Ricky Gervas. If you into Ricky and the Sopranos, you'll love that. That's me.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week and our eight is that of the eighties. We're into the letter H. We'll do a game called the one Second Winner, where we play one second clip of songs all to do with whatever the letter that week is from the eighties. So I've got a couple of clips here for the one second Winner, Jack versus Patsy. They are all to do with the H artist or title. The scores at the moment, Yes, Jackie boy, you're on fifteen one and thirty six, Patsy's on two point one million. How have we got into that situation? Me? All right? Are you both ready?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 2: So we're going back to the eighties artist or song title to do with the letter H. Who this?
Speaker 3: Oh, Whitney Houston? How do I know?
Speaker 4: Very good?
Speaker 2: I love Patsy. I'll give you half a million long clip, teams long clip and I went lockdown. We'll come on playing the album track. All right, what's this? They should play that as part of the citizenship test. You don't know that you can't be in Australian what's my scene? Who do you goes? And I was just clip oh, this is a short one for them, all right to deal with the letter?
Speaker 4: How many points do I get?
Speaker 3: No love that song?
Speaker 2: Jack did some keyboard there a million points for that? What a tune? All right? And they get an unnecessary long clip because I know I love this song all right, the letter H.
Speaker 3: A dredge ran hungry like a wolf, hungry like the Wow.
Speaker 2: He's running away with it this morning. So the ann A Green Gables chats are up, all right? Stone Cold classic from the eighties.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, one more time please? Yeah, it sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: Great, that's the quiz.
Speaker 3: Can you play it one more time?
Speaker 2: I can? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah?
Speaker 2: Ten million for pats is it? What a tune? Banger? All right? One last one?
Speaker 4: Okay, how many points is it worth?
Speaker 2: This is worth thirty million points. It's gettable but not a sort of instantly noble one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh that's isn't that Kenny G? What's the song? Horrendous lift music?
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 2: What Kenny G? Actually in Songbird, it's the letter H. And it's not and the song has got Songbird producers have dropped a little testicle. Minus one hundred million points for producers. They've had this for three days, all right. Then this one is a you dear listener. It's a one second clip from a movie from the eighties to do with the letter H. And this one is to do with the letter OK, it's not Guard into the Galaxy. What is this?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 2: Big movie from the eighties to do with the letter H.
Speaker 1: Wow, cal brighter, No, you're listening to the Christian o'cyl show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning lockdown buddies. We've been doing the eighties of the eighties this week and the letter this week has been the letter H. And we've been on the one second winner. This is a one second clip from a movie to do with the letter H in the eighties. Michael, you're a can You got the right answer? Yes? I do. What is it?
Speaker 11: It's Highlander from nineteen eighty two?
Speaker 2: Six? Well done, there be one. How do you notice that I didn't. I thought this would run for ages. I watched that last year during during the big lockdown that we had, and I was just sting to producer.
Speaker 10: It did not age very well at all.
Speaker 2: As well, How bad is Christopher Lambert's terrible, terrible crime against accent to a Scottish He couldn't speak English.
Speaker 9: I heard no, they.
Speaker 2: Said, look try and do a Scottish one. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: It was as bad as sean color is Scottish playing an Egyptian playing Spanish or something like that.
Speaker 2: And then when he was in the Hunt for the Red October where he's a Russian submarine commander, they said, don't even worry about doing a accent, just be Scottish. Why is a Scottish guy in a Russian submarine? Lead them? Michael will send you Brice take care of me.
Speaker 1: Oh cheers, I say, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yes, we are b in lockdown number five, not gonna be doing the sox sliding game and building up to a week. Hopefully when we come out of the five day lockdown, we'll be doing it next week. But don't worry. We've got some quality stuff today. Do you have a game lined up called floorboard or far because one of you sent me an email saying my floorboards when I walk on them sounds like a fart, And do you want me to record them and play a game with them called floorboard or Fine you offer me something like that. I'm a solid yes.
Speaker 4: And that's not because we had a whole lot of content that we were going to with the sock slide up. Now we have nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were going to play that anyway, This is lockdown proof. Okay, so that's good to go. Yesterday probably like everyone, you're all rushing around before I got to midnight and to send thee all lit at the ball before we got to midnight. Everyone's trying to rush to do what they couldn't be doing over the next couple of days. So for me in my house, it's all about our eldest daughter, Ruby turned seventeen on Saturday. I can't believe my daughter was actually seventeen. If she's seventeen, that means Jesus' seventeen.
Speaker 4: You do the man, she's always an adult.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't say that. Break my heart.
Speaker 4: One year away from a.
Speaker 2: Stopping Yeah, she keeps telling me that, yes, and I'm like, stop saying that, stop saying. So anyway, we were going to be going out tonight for dinner and she was going to be having a birthday party with her mates tomorrownight on the evening because you couldn't do it last year because obviously lockdown. And they were all like, don't need to worry about that, because obviously a couple of weeks ago we were like, lockdowns are over. Haha, Sydney, you taste some of it now, We're like, yeah, let's get back into it. We miss be in lockdown. So yesterday Frankity trying to move the restaurant book in so we could all go out with a boyfriend last night. And I thought, maybe it's a little surprised because she was really upset, or it feels a bit rushed. It's not me same, it's not my birth They said, look, this is best we can do. Okay, you still have a good day Saturday. I know it's not the birthday you wanted, but that's the way the world right now. So Patsy, I hired a limousine. Ah, you're a bes day four hours notice right bringing around limousine companies. They're all booked out, five diving companies who he is hiring limos on a Thursday night. I didn't know limo life was so popular. And also normally i'd get my wife to out on this, but I wanted to be surprised for everybody. So I was about ten to seven. I said, the uber's here, the US here, and and I saw the limo was out there chat to the driver and stuff like this. And I've never ever been in a limo in my life. So anyway, I said, the uber's here, and then they all started to come down in trips and DRAMs, my two daughters, of my wife and my daughter's boyfriend. And I said, this is all wait here, wait here, And they were like, what's going on? What's outside the door? I think they could sense from me, you know, you just want to win, and I was said, and then Ruby goes, oh, what's out there? Is it some sort of stupid gift? She it's not a puppy, is it?
Speaker 4: Said, You've already got too many animals?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. And I opened the door and we all go out there, and the girls loved it. Oh my, if you guys ever been a limo, it is so much fun you think I have? Oh? We got in the limo right, and then we drove about half hour trip to go to the restaurant. Were working in the botanical gardens and my wife loved it. The daughters loved it, and the boyfriend as well. It's great funn in there, right, We're playing music and something this. Then my wife goes, why don't we wind down the windows and wave to people in my job? Right? And it's the eve of a lockdown. They don't want to see me in the back of a limo waving at them after drinking cheap champagne.
Speaker 4: Hours after they had the worst news of the last four months.
Speaker 2: Oh good on the old English pumy on the radio. They probably think that's how I just get.
Speaker 4: To work like a dignitary royal around like at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, we're not winding down any of the windows. Imagine that snap in the papers to day, who wants to waive a People in the limousine as are angry going home on a Thursday, legging it to going y Dan Murphy.
Speaker 4: Just the Single White Club, my friend's out there and the Nepean Highway.
Speaker 2: We had a great night.
Speaker 1: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, Bautsi. But I know you love your daughter already, and I love my daughters. But when they get into teenagers and then other things happen. Boyfriends I'm talking about. This is how it should be. It is lovely, It is lovely. My daughter has been going out with this guy for two years. He's a nice guy. We go to the French restaurant. He orders him French.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's.
Speaker 2: I don't know any French steak and chip steak and chips, the steaking chips going, you're asking, you know French.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 2: Right we go back and then they go into the bedroom and slam the door. The ruler is the door has to be opened. Okay, So I go up there by the way to I dropped my wife up off at the pub because she just want to get drunk yesterday. Yeah, yeah, she's going come and have one drink. I went, no, I've got to do the show. I'll be hungover. I need it. It's really hard because the mates were in there. It was like the last singing breaking bad. We was looking through the window. They waved at me and I went to the uber driving to drive quickly. I'm not a strong willed man. There's no shot tomorrow. So we go home and I'm in charge now. They love birds of that age have seventeen. They're upstairs on the bedroom. The door gets slammed. I don't have to go going upstairs because I know, you know, they've been making out in the uba on the way home, and I could see in the rear view mirror and then the back of the tax SII all the pomfret.
Speaker 6: Or the.
Speaker 2: All the talk of French, the language of love and I'm I'm really struggling, guys. It's how it should be. And I can see it in his eyes. I know what is in that mind. It was in my mind and I'm like, I don't like this, so now I have to do the old his dad. The door needs me open, guys, and they go, it is and you can hear right.
Speaker 4: I want to come back.
Speaker 2: It is. And I'm not the smartest in the box, but I know it's Sam shut off. It is it right. I had a cup of wines and ago, I will put you off. Whatever you're gonna do it. I will stay here and talk non stop. Open the door and then you can hear this kind of movement going on. The door opens about a millimeter. Went that is not open. Open this door now, come on love bir.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: International Record Store Day which is tomorrow, Cipher, Discrepancy, Grevel Records, all these brilliant record shops you got in Melbourne. We're in lockdown. Record store days are an amazing thing, you know on the show. I Love final Jackie Boy bought this week is WiFi Proba vinyl player. All right. Now, we are obviously in the situation that none of us want to be in, and we drew our best on the show. Not we always do to give you the show that hopefully come to every morning. However, this morning, I think, right we're all feeling that, Oh god, here we are again a lot only city in the world, lockdown number five. Okay, we need to hang on to hope, everybody. We need to hang on to joy. We need good news. There is still good news in our lives. We can still find gratitude somewhere. So this morning I thought, we try and find your good news, and if we get enough good news donated by you, we can collectively make us all feel better. So you just need to lend us some good news and right now, anything which you wouldn't even open your maith to say to someone. Hey, good news. I've got a brand new bin from the council today. That's great news. Okay, that's anything. Look around the house. There must be something you can be grateful for right now. Okay, So call us up and just tell us what your good news is. Nine four one four one o four three. Jackie boy, what is your good news?
Speaker 4: The good news is Paul from Descriptioncy Records emailed me yesterday and said, I know you're looking for Shakira.
Speaker 2: You should just point out why you're looking for Shakira on viney of all the great vinyl to have.
Speaker 4: My wife's favorite artist of all time is Shakira. So when I went to the record store, is that a.
Speaker 2: Fact, that's the fact her favorite answers, she's a cold woman. It's Shakira, okay. Figure.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find any Shakira at the record store, and Paul's emailed me to say, hey, I found hard to find, but I found Shakira.
Speaker 2: She Wolf and everyone knows the best album.
Speaker 4: On vinyl on vinyl, sad news is it's ninety nine dollars to import it from the US.
Speaker 2: Oh hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it seems a little bit Shakira.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Hundred dollars for Shakira like.
Speaker 2: An early pressing of a Beetles? Is it? You know? Beetles, Sergeant Pepper or Shakira. Hips don't lie.
Speaker 4: So I haven't pulled the trigger on Shakiri yet. Don't know if I will for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if anyone has got a Shakira album kicking around the house. On final just charge him ninety. He's saying in ten bucks, Patsy, what's your good news?
Speaker 5: What's my good news? Good news that at four point thirty this morning I got the text alert to say I am negative for my COVID test, which is good. And the other good news I think I nearly backed into the bins going down the driveway. It's been day to day and luckily there was Funnily enough, the guy next door is a shift worker and he was leaving at the same time, got out of his car and moved them for me.
Speaker 3: Isn't that lovely?
Speaker 2: Honestly right? The power that you actually have for over people is the same power the don's back.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to start backing out my car. I'm not even going to look behind me yet.
Speaker 2: Hey, shift worker who's grabbing some seat, get out your bed and move my bench. Isn't that nice?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 2: He was leaving for me, naically terrified of some local gangster. I just caught Collette. I'll produce a collecte her birthday today.
Speaker 4: Yes, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Call nervously jogging with a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: Oh I know where that's going to Patsy.
Speaker 3: A little bit milky corl this time.
Speaker 2: I've never had anyone make me a cup of tea. On this team, I can make my own. I just made my own Patsy the Terror, the don My good news is Ruby's turning seventeen. My daughter was turning seventeen tomorrow. And the great news is it's because obviously now we want to make sure she's got a good day, not the day she was going to plan. So because he's her significant other, the boyfriend's coming around and he's helping me. What they'd like to do is to make a tent in the garden. I I don't want to hear any anywhere. Keep the fly sheet. I've got her to direct is the wrong word.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but I've got to construct tent. Doesn't sound that good.
Speaker 2: No, the love tent is being constructed with me and my daughter's boyfriend. Imagine that tomorrow at midday, me and him are making the makeout ten that he's then going to get in with my precious seventeen year old daughter.
Speaker 4: Can you roll out the swag next to the tent and sleep next to.
Speaker 2: Them, yes? Maybe, yeah, just let him know that you're there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Dad's out here anyway. Right, good news? What is your good news.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, lend us your good news so collectively we can all feel better this morning. We need this. We don't want to be in our fifth lockdown. We are in our fifth lockdown. Hang on to hope. Let's look for something to be grateful for. We're asking you to share your good news this morning, and anything today, anything today gets elevated from it being mildly, that's good news. I guess into that's good news. And in fact, we're going to call this feature that's good news. After you tell us your good news, Jack and I and Patsy were saying altogether, Now that's good news, Karen, good news. I've learned how to watch YouTube on my TV. All set up ready now for Lockdown five?
Speaker 4: All that good news?
Speaker 3: Are we both doing it or just Jack?
Speaker 2: Jackson in added, Oh, that's good news. We have amazing news. Five weeks ago, my husband was put into a leg cast and told I've been it for to eight to twelve months. Anyway, he's coming out of it today. That's good.
Speaker 3: That's good news.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Patters?
Speaker 3: Am I not meant to be doing this?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: You are but with him, I'll leave a gap one second. You do it together. Yeah yeah, d Simpson, we had bring your dog to workday yesterday. Just in time. Let me pitch her here at a workstation with a big old, excitable kavoodle gap. That's good news. Titer Pattery needs to get really close in there. We received a silver medal for our artisan smoked ham and bacon with a one hundred percent free range Australian pork. It's such amazing news for us. We're stoked a garden veil quality meats.
Speaker 3: That's that's good news.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for Jack's Q. Two long agoms.
Speaker 3: Let Lee, I'll lead Jack.
Speaker 4: You've got all right where we go to when we go to the callers, I've got it down path?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, let's go to Stu. Good morning, Stew, Good morning.
Speaker 10: I've got some really good news for you today.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 10: The great news is that I get to get home early today to surprise my daughter and pick her up early from daycare, which I never get to do as an interstate truck driver. In fact, usually only get to spend twenty four hours a week with her. But I get to have two and a half days with her this week and pick her up early today.
Speaker 2: That is awesome news. That was a mess, guy, but it is awesome news. Father daughters, this is lovelier.
Speaker 13: But you can't wait, I really can't wait.
Speaker 10: That's it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: How old your daughter?
Speaker 10: She's three?
Speaker 2: Three, it's such a lovely little late. Well, you two have a great time over the next couple of days together. That is great news. Good on you. Still all right?
Speaker 10: Thanks?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Kim. Hey Christina, Sorry, Kim, can I just pause your say and get ready?
Speaker 4: Okay, but don't throw in any more words, all right, So it's just that's.
Speaker 2: It's just that's good news. Yeah, Kim. Sorry, play, Yes, what we said not play, but to carry on.
Speaker 11: See positions is we've just finished our second story extension after six months. We got in just in time yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's that's good news. Have you done everyone? We can do it, yes, your city, your extension so.
Speaker 11: The kids can go upstairs and we can locked it all.
Speaker 2: It's a lockdown lockout. I'll get it. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 11: That's it. And can I give my builder app it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give it a build a shout out?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Michael from a view building group in Bayside.
Speaker 4: That's good news.
Speaker 2: Is good news, all right, Kim, thank you very much. Cool, look after yourself, Tim, Hello Christian Jack Patsy Hello Timte Tim, Tim.
Speaker 13: How my great news mate is. As I was leaving for work today, I was looked over at the snake tank and he's shaddy skin, mate.
Speaker 2: That is great. No, no, no, snakes need to shed their skin, don't they, Tim, They.
Speaker 13: Do for health, mate. Didn't mean he's healthy, he's growing. Things don't get any better for a snake.
Speaker 2: It's other than eating a goat over like a week that is the next best day.
Speaker 4: Things don't get any better for a snake's to.
Speaker 2: Be a snake when it sheds that skin's.
Speaker 4: Big old smile And why are you in such a good mood?
Speaker 2: Shed my skin?
Speaker 4: That is good, Tim?
Speaker 2: And Jim, what do you do with the old skin? Oh?
Speaker 13: My daughter collects them for some reason. Mate, he's got a shell full of them. What's he going to do with the make a belt or something one day? I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha all right, Jim, Thank you very much. You Cool. Have a great day, guys, and you Jeffrey, Hey, morning, the morning. Jeff, welcome to the show. What's your good news is, buddy?
Speaker 14: After three and a half ways have been blocked up with number two's this morning, I've never seen a woman run so fast when I said that it's coming, it's time. She had to go the toilet first, and I had the first time on the toilet, mate, and it was such a relief.
Speaker 3: Well, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is good news today.
Speaker 3: Painful it is well can be. So that's it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there was no splash, no nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we did not need that. That's good news. So what three weeks you haven't been.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's been nearly four.
Speaker 2: I have to imagine that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, every lecture has been tried, mate, enough and work and then this morning I'm telling her there was more grumble than a grumble, mate, And then I heard you. Then I thought, well, to me.
Speaker 2: That's great news to your backside and that snake. Sure, Yeah, all right, Jeff, great news.
Speaker 14: Enjoyed our kids.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you dad. Nine four one four one O four three. I did say any news today is good news. Jeff's been to the toilet for a number two. It's a wonderful day to be alive. Guysler brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'Kyle show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian My good News. And I finally worked out what was making my fridge stink. Last two weeks. Every time opened the door, horrible pong came out. Yes, and I took over the gown, found a rogue piece of old cheese behind the vegetable drawer. Have a great weekend. That is good news, all right. So we're just about again to stand by your band. We do this every Friday. You touch the song, you call us up. What is a song that you're secretly embarrassed admit you love, but when you're in your own company, you blast out the song. That's what we're looking for. All Over the last couple of weeks, we've had songs like Mambo number five, Mambo number five, you say, lockdown number five.
Speaker 6: Sing it rio, ladies and gentlemen, just lockdown number five altogether, one, two, three.
Speaker 2: Four five, Dad, say the worst, sir. Come on inside.
Speaker 4: We got board games and Netflix and home jews we won't use as soon.
Speaker 6: You know with your.
Speaker 2: Parents, No no, Dad, your cameras facing it, no, yep. The thumb, Your thumb is the thumb a little bit of baking homemade bread, a little bit of cleaning up the shed, a little bit of swearing at the news.
Speaker 12: A little bit of badly eating booze, a little bit of puzzles we destroyed, a little bit of screaming into the void. Lockdown five Here I am.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go completely there. Lockdown number five. Well downe rao back, stand by your bed.
Speaker 12: Don't be a shamed you like them just because the world don't understand.
Speaker 2: All right, stand by man, call us up now? What is the song you listen to only by yourself? What is the song you're secretly embarrassed to.
Speaker 12: Make you like?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one oh four three. I'm about to give a name now, a musical legend that most of you will not have heard, what heard of him? But he is a legend. His name is Russ Conway, a legend of the piano. When you are listening to Russ Conway, you having a good time. You don't need words. He just needs that old honky talk side saddle, probably my number one favorite Rouss Conway song. Genuinely listen to this when I'm doing the hoovering. You're having a good time. Stick the song go for walk tomorrow side saddle, get on it? Russ Conway, What yours this? Nineteen thirty timeless? My friend? There's time? Don't you know this? Do you feel good? No? Well then you're tired of life. Okay, let me try another Ross Convoy song. This is called less than One another great one. It sounds like a last one. Now weed, it's gonna slightly refill to it? Isn't that great? You can't be miserable hearing this?
Speaker 4: I think this is the soundboat the soundtrack to Steamboat Mickey, the very first Disney cartoon.
Speaker 2: All right, stand by band, what is the song you're secretly embarrassed to meet you like? Nine four one four? Why didn't they put a longer clipment? I said, put the whole song in nine four four one four three.
Speaker 1: You give us a call the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're getting into this week. Stand by your band, you call us up? What is the song that you're secretly embarrassed to admit you like? We will hear yours and we'll pick one of them to play as well. Nine four one four one oh four three stamby your band?
Speaker 12: Don't be a shamed you like them just because the world don't understand.
Speaker 2: Jack Post, What is the song this week you brought in for standby Bads?
Speaker 4: This is Burt Bacharach what the world needs now? And come at me. If you say this is a bad song.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful song. It's a classic singer as well. What neat now as well?
Speaker 11: Sweet?
Speaker 2: The perfect song for today.
Speaker 4: It's actually very fitting.
Speaker 2: That there's just too little often serious.
Speaker 4: To myself, random moments of the day, if I need to cheer myself up.
Speaker 2: Didn't need that story, thank you anyway, No, not just for some I saw him do this live few years ago and he's still brilliant live at the Raw and Abbot All. It was like a in the audience. It was like a who's who of all British singers. He was still great. That is a beautiful song. How do you know about that?
Speaker 4: I saw that for the first time in Austin Power. Yeah, a beautiful movie. Justice fitting no great Bert Baker. Bert Baker plays it live on the back of a double decker bus.
Speaker 2: I remember correctly, all right? Nine four one four one o four three. What's your song this week? With stand by your Band? Magenta?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 14: Hell are you all today?
Speaker 2: Good? Magenta? Are you well?
Speaker 9: Yes, just sitting in a testing psyche you to get tested. It's fantastic for a Friday morning. Yes, and big cues are yeah, actually quite insane this time of day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, always like we're in lockdown on sum We need to get tested.
Speaker 9: Let's go to bummings and let's go and get tested.
Speaker 2: All right, what's the song for you?
Speaker 9: I'm so embarrassed to admit that, but it's our lost kit chips, the ketchup song.
Speaker 2: What a banger from two thousand and two. Wow, I remember this. I just had a quick look on Wikipedia song seven million, seven million, seven millions for on this somewhere in the house. What a song it is?
Speaker 9: Sorry girl. The other thing is I don't know a single bit of Spanish, but I managed to make my mum and then my kids crack up every single time I start singing in the cow. Could just make my own lyrics up?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Love, great fun? All right, Magenta, take care you two have a great day everywhere, and you're getting tested as well. Gina, Hey, Christian, now are you I'm good? Gina? Okay, Gina, what's the song for you? For standby band.
Speaker 15: I've got this sound fantastic song that my mum and I danced to in a few concerts when I was about six or seven. It's got no words to it, but it's really uh, you're it's going to So I start humming it or you put it on, you'll know it straight away. Do you want me to like hum a couple of us?
Speaker 2: Do you hum it up? Like it? Okay?
Speaker 9: Do you remember that one?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never heard.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yes. Kind of a strange classic, isn't it.
Speaker 9: It's unreal.
Speaker 15: I love it and I find myself driving in the car.
Speaker 9: I'm just seeing it, just doing that.
Speaker 15: But I don't know what, but it makes you feel happy.
Speaker 4: So you know this is release. It sounds like pac Man or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it was before pac Man.
Speaker 11: This is about forty five. I reckon forty five years old.
Speaker 2: And let's just love the idea of people around Melbourne singing these various songs and they're making up lyrics a last catch up or popcorn? All right, Gina, thank you very much, have a good weekend. Thank you, Kim. What have you got for us? Kim?
Speaker 8: Good morning. It's got to be Devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 4: Now this is this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great song can.
Speaker 8: But so many people absolutely hate it. How I don't know, like my kids and I absolutely adore it.
Speaker 2: It's a story, family song.
Speaker 8: It it's a family song. That's right, Jack, exactly, that's a great it's the vessel so and we still quite it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: I can hear them like if they're out on their iron because they're like late teen cell of the late twenties, I should say. But when they I can hear them before, if it's in the car they yeah, hear them a mile away. But still love it. So great song.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for GORKI jeez, all right by now that we're going to the podcast about the story of Kim and that.
Speaker 1: Song there Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last Cool Now standby Band where you caught us up on a Fridays. That's the song of secret Embound to Meet you? Like Ben, Hi, Christian, Good morning Ben and Ben? How old are you mate?
Speaker 7: I'm eleven. I think I've been on the show before. I've been on the show before.
Speaker 2: I recognize the voice now, Ben.
Speaker 9: And how are you not bad?
Speaker 2: How are you? Yeah? We're pretty good. Too, and back to homeschooling on the computer today.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, sir. Yeah, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 2: It is the way it goes, my young friend. Yeah. And then what are you looking forward to this weekend? What you're watching?
Speaker 7: What are you into at the moment, Ben, Well, I'm just hoping that our North Melbourne footy game is going to be broadcast live so we can watch it. That's my only hope. I don't have much high hypes this weekend unfortunately, but that's that's what I want. That's what I want.
Speaker 2: Your Bombers or a Kangaroos.
Speaker 7: Fan, oh, bombas absolutely.
Speaker 2: All right. So what is the song then, Ben that you're secretly embarrassed to me?
Speaker 8: You like?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 7: It's actually Cookemo by the Beach Boys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, keep that quiet, buddy. A tough time at school, I mean, I mean, Ben, one of the greatest bands ever about that song is not their best one, is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah? But I think his brain was all fizzled up from you know stuff he talks in the The songwriter whoever he was, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: His name, but Brian Wilson. Yeah, let's have a listen to this time. Any boy, saying there, I love it. And what are your mates into? Do they know that you're a secret myra? Uh?
Speaker 7: They Well, I just like, you know, just rock and roll, you know before the probably before like twenty any like that sort of stuff. But don't they're all in too wrap, you know, like work for all of us around in today's Juice World x X extentation in one.
Speaker 4: Of the questians listening to that's me too, you know, one of the bad boys.
Speaker 2: You know, when I'm pimping and I'm rolling no g u ben, You know what, it's always a joy. You've aready cheered up everyone this morning. Whenever you want to give us a call, you just give us a call. Okay, Now, would you like a lidless Stein? Sorry, would you like a lidless Steyn?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A Stein is like a drinking vessel.
Speaker 7: Oh of course, anytime?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, anytime. This guy's party of the time. Well listen, good luck to the bombs this weekend if the game happens. Okay, all right, buddy, yeah, bye bye bye bye. Now what a smart young man. I wasn't that smart?
Speaker 1: Eleven Christian Connells Show podcasts.
Speaker 2: Alright, time for today's time waste. Start on International Monkey Day, quick, monkey fat before we get into our monkey movies. Do your parents used to say to you? Which has been up to up there? Monkey business?
Speaker 4: Mummy bunking around?
Speaker 2: Yeah, monkeying around anyway? Twenty ten. Who doesn't love a story about a monkey outbreak? You know where they escape somewhere?
Speaker 4: Where'd they get?
Speaker 2: Love it? A troop us to blow in with a lot of chips. Fifteen monkeys escape to zoo and Japan by using trees as catapults. Smart Imagine that you're just driving along and you see monkeys preparing themself through the air on a makeshift catapult. That's a great day. They lad them back with peanuts for me once. All right, So monkey movies on International Monkey Day, clockwork or tongue. Tell you what about those primates? They if one of them is injured, they never leave a man down. That's right, saving primate Ryan Gold. You know watching American Football right, American Football movie? Any given Sunday, the monkey version, any Gibbons Sunday, Chimpy Chimpy Bang Bang, silver trading feces. They enough to chuck that much around God plus high night of any school trip to the zoo is seeing them on that wheel, Chuck in the old poop, just me on that one. And Risky Monkey Business, Tom Cruise gym Yeah, all right, Jack, Monkey Movies? What have you got? Monkey movies? Grooming Miss Daisy?
Speaker 4: Sorry thinking the bugs?
Speaker 2: However, we've all got to sit in the awkward. Now are the imagery there? That poor old woman and groomed?
Speaker 4: We all love the monkey in Aladdin, little of boo much a boo.
Speaker 2: About nothing, Gold plus, well done, and we.
Speaker 4: Love the monkey and the Lion King Raffiki Rafiki Friday, very good gold Big Marmoset's House.
Speaker 2: That's very good, Silver plus, and any show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just trying to work out how I get into this. I love any movie with bugs, Bunny and Duffy Duck.
Speaker 2: Really, any any movie? How many are there?
Speaker 4: Any movie that has the BABOONI tunes?
Speaker 2: All right, you had some good ones there that is equivalent to my Risky Monkey Business, isn't it? All right? What have you got? An International Monkey Day? Listeners?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Monkey Movies. Jack, You're ready tomorrow? I am a monkey Western unforgiven gold. But I'm ben Conan. The Oranguton silver. Dude, where's my Capuchin silver? It's good. They're going through all the primate family were down there. Pete a star is Baboon silver plus. There will be Bonobo not quiet. Brynce man on the Baboon gold poo me and debris gold made us half? Tim seize? Is that weekend at baboonies the gold? That's very good. Nathan, Uh, what's e ching Gilbert eight silver delay? It was my fault Forest chimp silver. Monkeys are on an asteroid. I'm a gibbon gold. That's some matte. Oh Baboon, where art thou bronze? The Hateful Primates? So the Hateful eight? Yes silver, Yeah, Throw Marmoset from the train gold what he did last summer? Hold gibbons at the Galaxy silver plus and finally the big Laboon ski gold. That's very good. Mark all right, who's off the sea once? Tim pooh me and dupree No, come on. I've had emails yesterday people moaning about the toad one because it was the only one who you could go. We're going to send text in the word pool.
Speaker 4: We're sending him Brice, give it to Ben unforgiven unforgiven.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can win brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question Know Carls Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we head out to our weekends. I was about to say, what are you doing this weekend? I've forgotten we are in a lockdown. You've been doing puzzles.
Speaker 4: I guess so. I think we've done all the puzzles at our house though there's none more to do.
Speaker 2: Is there an art to do in a puzzle?
Speaker 4: It's patience?
Speaker 2: Oh do you know what? I bought a parcel right about two weeks ago for me and the kids to do together, A thousand piece of what we're thinking. One thousand is above my grade for them. Right, it's two unicorns by a castle, by a waterfall. There's too much going on, I reckon. We've put in about thirty pieces, Jack, it's a nightmare. The other thing that we're playing tomorrow night because it's Ruby's birthday. And I said, look, what's your favorite game to play? Role play? Ya game and that plan Ticket to Ride?
Speaker 4: Oh great game. Yeah, highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: Actually you've got it for Patsy. Didn't you have you played?
Speaker 12: I have?
Speaker 13: We love it?
Speaker 3: Jack, It's really really good, Like no I have it's out of a plastic.
Speaker 2: When you go high pitched like that, you played it opened the gifts.
Speaker 5: I will send you photos when I get back to where it's raight stage.
Speaker 2: All right, Cooler the Week thanks to Mercedes Benz Beric one of you wins one thousand dollars Everything Cool Friday. Thanks Mercedes Benz Berrick, one of Australia's most awarded Mercedes Benz retailers. Here's a few of the great calls we have this week from you guys. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, the Christian O'Connell show, Well, hello, Coller of the week. What animal has a chant to you?
Speaker 14: Going down and fill a bowl and cows with my wife to be thanks to a bakery and thought, oh you are going get a pepper pie and this seagull has swooped down and taken.
Speaker 2: Old blooming things.
Speaker 1: And six dollars fifty.
Speaker 11: I've gone back in the choose sicking you and.
Speaker 14: Place a pie and they said no.
Speaker 11: And to this day I'll never go back to my another.
Speaker 2: No you choke on that? Miss Which TV world would you like to even in warning Craig, good morning.
Speaker 13: I've always loved the show affectionately known as Monkey magic.
Speaker 14: Who doesn't want to be born on an egg on a mountain top and be irrepressive.
Speaker 2: I was obsessed with the TV show Right and it had an amazing theme tune as well, which just involved At the start of it, someone screamed, that's all I remember. I remember the show as a kid. You were like a monkey magic sist. He turns you back for one moment. What did the kids get up to? Ryan?
Speaker 11: My mom turned my back on me.
Speaker 15: When I was about three or four.
Speaker 2: I went into the cupboard and.
Speaker 14: Grabbed a cooking oil and poured it all over the tiles and made a massive slipper slidecurse a cold kitchen.
Speaker 15: Mom for ages try to clean up kitchen, but it was just very slippery.
Speaker 2: And one day and they came along and she kept slipping and I'm to replace the whole entire tiles.
Speaker 14: My dad decided to take one of those.
Speaker 15: Careful slippery signs and like I think macas or something and put it in the.
Speaker 2: Kitchensten O'Connell cole the week. There were so many great this week. Thank you very much your ways for all the calls. We're gonna pick you Ryan, Ryan, Hello, Ryan, you win one thousand dollars. You're this week's cool of the week.
Speaker 14: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, well done, buddy. One thousand dollars when he can go out and spend it, enjoy spending it. But awesome story, very well told, mate, you're our call of the week. Thanks, messes, beens, thank you.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to find that photo. I really am. I'm trying to find it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, mate. It's a very funny story. Have a lovely weekend. Take care, Ryan, well done, Thank you you guys to all right, everyone, have a good weekend, have a safe weekend. We are back Monday morning. Thanks for listening this week
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast