Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. So, yeah, extraordinary scenes yesterday at about what nine twenty is when? So is it is that right now?
Speaker 2: Is that official?
Speaker 1: Abouts? Here? A magnitude six five point nine? I believe just a fraction of six. Yeah, you could round it up. Yeah, the seismologists should have just rounded up, because in fact, if I was around there, I say almost seven. You know, once you get about the five, you don't really worry about It's something radio figures come out and your number one. But you know there's a little site fudge of it where they just claim it anyway, So peraraently, where was the ePIE Center because they're saying that was it Mansfield? Yeah, Mansfield which is northeast of Melbourne about what is it three and a half hours four hours away?
Speaker 3: That's your old stop.
Speaker 1: It's not far. Yeah, relatives felt the ground move yesterday. I think everyone felt something yesterday. Tom you know his girlfriend works in surgery. She's a doctor. She was in surgery. Obviously, people, because if you think about what anyone is doing in a big city like Melbourne at exactly that moment in the morning, they're doing stuff and we're in lockdown, but there's still a central service has been carried out. People are performing procedures now. There was an open heart surgery going on, and you can imagine the shake. Jack and I were in this studio just having a meeting. It was swaying puts it mildly. It made the building feel flimsy, And that's what many people said the same thing. This building is flimsy. That's what I like, because I remember just thinking, so is this it? I'll die because this building won't survive much more of this. I mean, there's barely a day goes by there's not a horrible smell of crap out there where the sewer problems. Remember like once a week the male toilets are just bunned up where they're out of order, and just walking into a reception there's often a horrible smell of an open tree. If they can't even get the toilets working, it ain't gonna survive five point nine on the rick.
Speaker 3: This does have a feeling of like one of the first buildings in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little be Now it's actually Betty. But if that's taking a count out any longer, and we're on the second floor here. I did actually think, so, wait, is this it we die? Yeah, and we didn't move a muscle. No, we're in an emergent, sitting there with your feet up there. Jack and I were stood up. I remember one point grabbing hold of the studios, like that's going to save me.
Speaker 2: This will.
Speaker 1: My biceps are pretty strong and probably stronger than probably stronger than manitude six. I thought you were going to secure the radio.
Speaker 2: Equipment, secured the station.
Speaker 1: Captain goes down with the station and I'm just dinner in that trailer. This radio station is thirty years old to my true. Yeah, I just yeah, I just read that. I didn't know anyone told any of us. Yeah. Here they're having a party on it that we're invited to.
Speaker 2: This is like my DA stream.
Speaker 1: I'm being rejected everywhere, even my own radio station. Also, this radio station would be thirties heading into Middle Ages. Meanwhile, Boris Johnson was a guy that's start discussing it at a press conference with Scomo.
Speaker 2: I was very thorry you had an earthquake, just yeah in the Mansfield that's right in Victoria, which I know, Well.
Speaker 1: Right, we need to contact number ten down in street. How does Boris Johnson, even though he's aware of the state of Victoria. Great, how does he know about Mansfield? Boris Johnson? Has he ever been to Mansfield? Has he got Are there any relatives have here? We to undercover this? What is going on?
Speaker 2: I was very thorry you had an earthquake? Just yeah, in the Mansfield that's right in Victoria, which I know well, not.
Speaker 3: Even I've been there, like I've passed her on my way to the Skifield.
Speaker 1: I know, well, yeah, not that I know of. I know. Well, how justify that? Boris The Christian O'Connell show podcast. I got an email here from Adam this simpler show right now, Hello Adam, Christian, listen to you play in excess from the Grand Final. I was there, been to four Grand Finals as a Saints fan, always a hugely disappointing day, and it has played. They were great. And as we were trudging back Laka after yet another disappointing Grand Final, I was stood in my sent Kilda kit. We looked over and I saw Kirk Pengilly from an excess walking as well. He looked over, saw me and my family. Our eyes met. I could see nothing but a sympathy in his eyes, and he sort of had been one of those that like that was ugly. That's from Adam. Just to clarify some of them. We just played this out earlier for Boris Johnson and Scomo talking about the quake.
Speaker 2: I was very sorry you had an earthquake just yet in the Mansfield that's right in Victoria, which I know well.
Speaker 1: So a lot of you have found out.
Speaker 2: I've told us.
Speaker 1: Then. The reason why Boris Johnson really does know Mansfield well is apparently quite a few of you texting him. Boris was apparently a teacher at timber Top.
Speaker 2: Oh really imagine having.
Speaker 1: Him as a teacher. It would be an amazing chaos but incredible. Every lesson would be amazing with Boris. So yesterday when with the big earthquake shook Melbourne, Jack and I I were in the studio. The show had just finished at nine o'clock, I think it was around sort of twenty past nine, nine to twenty five, and it went on for we now know went on for ten seconds. We're on the second floor. The building was already shaking, and then when it all calmed down, no one really knew what was going on. We just thought it was some building work. This building weren't going on in here, and it was only then when we realized when we were told that it had been an earthquake, and it was possibly a five point eight five point nine. But the incredible thing was loads of you were calling in. There was this instinctive need for all of us to talk about what we've just been through and compare notes. You want to talk to somebody, and so me, Jack and Pats jumped into the studio and recorded a load of calls with you guys. And I'm really glad we did because so this was live yesterday. I reckon what minutes after the earthquake magnitude six. Here were some of the calls RTT. So did you feel that quake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dann in point cook make everything in the shed was moving around, and me mate across the road, Daddy's prel water was moving a bit of foot over each side. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You were okay? Were you frightened?
Speaker 3: It did shivering me a little bit. Yeah, I've never felt an earthquake before.
Speaker 1: Stay safe, Brett. Thanks to Colling Buddy.
Speaker 3: Budd Karen tell you what it was horrible.
Speaker 1: I work in the general store, and post office at Panton Hill.
Speaker 3: The whole place started shaking. I thought a truck had hit the shot. The doors on the storage cabinet fell down, and it was just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're scared. At first, I thought what was that. Then it just kept rumbling and rumbling, and I thought, oh my god. And I ran outside and I couldn't see anything, and then I realized, I think we had an earthquake. IM glad you're okay, Karen, thanks to Corning. Take care look after yourself.
Speaker 3: Thank you by John.
Speaker 1: Did the earth move for you.
Speaker 3: In a big way?
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 3: We were sitting in the mid noddles, just waiting for our order to come through, and the car started shaking. We thought they were tricking us, just walking up and shaking the back.
Speaker 1: To get those shakes shaky. It's a new promotion, the shaky Shakes in town, and weren't.
Speaker 3: Forfee enough, so I was trying to prof others it more.
Speaker 1: John, take care, Thanks Mick.
Speaker 3: I was inside me Fair Tree and I was just making up paint because I'm doing a bit of painting there, and then I've felt like a little tremor and I looked up on the roof because they've got cross bars across the roof, and they sounded shaking like man. I thought, whoa, here we go.
Speaker 1: Were you scared?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 3: I was just dumping and I thought, while I shake him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack and I did nothing. We just stood there talking. Lenano, come in and carry me out. Where's Kevin Well?
Speaker 3: Christian Connell's Show podcast