Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This podcast is for women who want to take ownership of their lives, live unapologetically, and are ready to turn their biggest dreams into their reality.
Speaker 2: If you're ready to be.
Speaker 1: Armed with the tools that will inspire take bold action, feel confident within yourself, and conquer your goals, then you've come to the right place. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I'm a lawyer turned entrepreneur, co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and social media personality with a community of over.
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: I grew up believing I had to pursue this safe option and fit into a mold others had created for me. But then I entered my corporate law job and I realized that settling for a reality that did I didn't set my soul on fire, was something I was not prepared to do. I wanted more, and I have a feeling you do too. Join me and special guests weekly as we get down to the nitty gritty on all things health, mastering your mindset, creating lasting habits, thriving in your career and relationships, plus so much more, and together we'll gain the knowledge and perspective to pursue our wildest dreams and kick fear to the curb. Well what are you waiting for?
Speaker 2: Let's Rise and Conquer. Hey guys, and welcome to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast.
Speaker 1: Today, I've got a little solo EP for you, and we are chatting motivation. So something I often do is I put a little post in my Rise and Conquer Facebook community group, which is just our private Facebook community group. I love it so much. Basically, if you like the podcast, you're going to love the group, and we put links to the group in the show notes, so come join us if you're not already. So I put a post in there. I said, hey, girl friends, it's been a huge week. Completely forgot about my Tuesday EP, recording it tomorrow, so it is the weekend. Usually I'm a bit more organized than the episodes are, you know, like all prepped the week before, but we're doing a last minute EP. But whatever, we are getting it done. So I put it in the post and I said, hey, girl friends, last minute, do you guys have anything you want me to chat about? And there was over forty comments, so lots of people excited for a solo Epp And the sort of thread that I saw was basically this thing about feeling like they don't have motivation what to do when you want to be more disciplined when you know, kind of you're in a slump and you want to feel motivated or inspired. And also there was a bit of a thread too about yeah, having like the will power and discipline. So I'm going to talk about motivation and how to get out of a rut. And I feel like this is so timely because it's a super weird time because isso as kind of like dying down. Restrictions are getting lifted here in Queensland, and I know other states are kind of similar, and so people are like going back to normal and I'm saying like normal in air quotes, and I think it's like a bit weird because we've done this like weird thing where we have been self isolating and doing this new normal, and now restrictions are lifting and we're kind of just expected to go back to this old thing. And it's like I don't really want to go back to this old thing, and I don't know how I feel, and yeah, weird weird times, I kind of feel the same and so I did want to chat about this thing called motivation, and I, like, I said, like, I totally get this, And I think the first thing I want to say is, I think we need to recognize that we will go through seasons where we won't feel as motivated, where we won't kind of you know, have that feeling where we just bounce out of bed and want to go and do our day and it's okay, like we're not we are humans. We're not supposed to feel one hundred percent fine and one hundred percent motivated all the time. It's just not going to happen. So I think the first thing, and something I often talk about is like giving yourself kindness, especially during this time because it is a weird, weird time and when I'm feeling like this, like instead of going, oh I'm not motivated, what can I do to motivate myself and like doing all these things, I give myself a couple of days to kind of just sit in it. And it's really funny because I'm going through I wouldn't say it's something similar, but like this the week that has just been, I launched my online course and there was a lot of like, you know, tension and work building up to do the launch, and we had to do lots of things my website, and so it was like a long process. And then we did the launch. We sold out in just over twenty four hours, which I was not expecting. I did the enrollment date literally two weeks before the course started, because I thought it was gonna take us, you know, two weeks to get that amount of women in. We have over three hundred women in there, and so it was all just like this huge you know, like high high high. And then for like, well only today, I've kind of felt like normal again. But after Tuesday, I had these like three or four days where I just didn't like I was so happy and so excited, but it almost was just like this feeling of just feeling a bit like burnt out and flat, and I just felt like I had no motivation and I and I just was like, what is wrong with you, Georgia, Like, you know, you've just sold out in twenty fo hours, you should have these like really happy feelings, and I just was not feeling it. I recognize for me, it was like a bit of a burnout thing and going from such a high. But the first thing I always do is I just I let myself sit in it. And I'm not harsh on myself. I'm not sitting there going, oh, well, you know, you should get straight back into work, and you should be so happy and all these you shoulds. I don't do that. I just go, Okay, this is how I'm feeling. This is interesting. I examine how I'm feeling, and before I kind of be too proactive about it. I just kind of let myself sit in it because I think previously I had this thing where I didn't want to ever feel bad feelings, like I was almost scared of bad feelings. And as you guys know, I've been seeing a psychologist for.
Speaker 2: Maybe a year now.
Speaker 1: I don't see her every week now it's kind of gone to every three weeks, but at the start it was every week. And basically what we found out was I really suppressed my emotions because I was so scared of feeling emotions. So now you know, even if it's a bad emotion, like, I'm like, it's okay to feel this way, Like I don't have to feel happy and excited and motivated all the time. So anyway, long story short, First thing, I just want you to do is just be like give yourself grace and be like, all right, I'm not feeling motivated. I'm not feeling it. This is probably why examine it and just don't be so judging to yourself because I know it's like it's such a trap and then it's kind of like this vicious cycle. So yes, first step, sit in it. Let yourself have some days if you're kind of you know, over that part, you've felt it, you felt your feelings and you're like, all right, I am ready to get back into things. And this is kind of going to be a bit of a harsh truth, but you guys know that's what I'm here for, and I wanted to ask you guys. So if you're not feeling it, you're not feeling you know, motivated, you're not feeling motivated, you're not feeling inspired. Yeah, So the kind of half truth is you do have a responsibility over you and over your life. So by you sitting there and saying, you know, I'm not feeling motivated, I'm not feeling inspired, it's kind of on you. And like what if I told you that this is you doing this to yourself? How would that feel? And like what if I told you that you actually have a choice to feel this way, or you have a choice to, you know, pick yourself up and feel motivated and inspired. And right now you're picking to really lean into this thing of poor me, I'm unmotivated, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm not feeling it. Like I said, there is like a line of you're allowed to feel like this, but it does get to a point where what if I told you that you're actually doing this to yourself.
Speaker 2: Because like our brain, as.
Speaker 1: Amazing as it is, it is the master manipulator, and it often tries to cheat us out of living our best lives and feeling amazing because we either subconsciously think that that's what we deserve, or we think it's safer to feel the way we do, or if you're like me and you don't want to feel your feelings. So I'm gonna pop on here and I'm gonna be your motivator, and I'm gonna tell you stop wasting time. Like I said, have a bit of time. I know this is all very conflicting, but have your time. You're allowed to feel unmotivated and uninspired, but if it's been a while, stop wasting your time. You have a responsibility to yourself to be your own motivation to live your best life. Like I know that sounds lame, but we do. We only live once. And do you want to look back in your life and just be like, ah, fuck you guys know I do not usually swear, but there comes a point where it's like we can't can't be searching for external motivation and we have to do it ourselves. And you need to remember that life is here to teach us lessons so we can learn from it to evolve. And if you're constantly finding you're in this cycle of feel feeling unmotivated, feeling uninspired, and then finding some external motivational or external validation and getting this high and then going back in this circle where you feel unmotivated, it is time to learn from you your mistakes or it's time to learn and it's time to evolve. We owe this to ourselves. And like life is here to be enjoyed, to be present, to be grateful, I think the biggest thing. And kind of like I woke up this morning still not feeling myself. There's like there's a little bit of personal stuff going on which I haven't really spoken to you guys. Well, I haven't spoken to you guys about and I don't think I will and a bit of a later date when I've processed it all a bit more, which makes a lot more sense to me. But I guess, you know, it comes to a point where there's only so much time I can kind of sit in my own sadness and sit in my own emptiness, and like this morning, that's what I did. I pulled myself out and I was like, Georgia, you have so much to be grateful for. I know things aren't exactly how you want them to be. I know, you know this thing is happening and you're feeling these feelings, but at the end of the day, you have a responsibility for yourself and you can enjoy every single day. You can be present, and you can be grateful. And I think you guys know, like being grateful is the highest vibration. So something that like shifted me pretty instantly was being like, oh my god, Georgia, there's literally me speaking to myself. You're so right, there is so much to be grateful for, and I need to, you know, pull myself out at this. And it's really funny because once I just like sort of mind shifted and got my head around it. I was like, you're so right. Things aren't going exactly how I want them to go. But the underlying truth isn't that. You know, I am this feeling. I can pick a new feeling, and I can pick a new thought, and so I decided to do that.
Speaker 2: That was my decision.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement brand I co founded with my brother. Our mission at Naked Harvest is to provide you with the supplements that nourish, fuel, compliment, and optimize your day the best bit. Each of our products have been carefully formulated using only the finest ingredients mother nature has to offer. We've stripped it back so our products are naked. You only get what you need and only the good stuff. A bit more about our most popular products. Our Natural pre Workout is what you need to get the most out of your sweat sessions. It's gluten free, vegan, and has no synthetic stimulants. If you're looking for clean energy and natural mood enhancer without the crash, this is going to be your best friend. Next up is our Thrive Plant Protein range. This range is more than just protein. This protein is smooth and packed with fiber adaptations, superfood and minerals for extra tummulave increase, energy hormone balance and mental performance. I used to be that person who would make a protein smoothie then add all these extra ingredients that my body needed, but we have done that for you, so it's a complete protein and will make your body thrive. Get yourself some naked harvest today and feel the difference of all natural supplements without the crap and just the good stuff. I also have a new special discount code for you guys. Use Georgie fifty at checkout. Buy three of either the protein or the pre workouts and get the third fifty percent off. So you can either buy you know, two proteins, one pre workout and the third the pre workout would be fifty percent off, or you can buy all pre workout or all protein. It is completely up to you and pick whatever flavor you want. So again that code is Georgy fifty at checkout for fifty percent off your third.
Speaker 2: Pre workout or protein. Okay, let's get back into the show.
Speaker 1: And I think overthinking and reliving all the scenarios and letting our anxiety sort of consume us. Me I'm a super anxious person, so I totally get it, but it just keeps us so small. And this is something like it's like a coping mechanism our brain does, and it's to help us. It's to keep us safe, it's to keep us in our comfort zone. So I think sometimes we think, you know, I'm feeling unmotivated, I'm feeling uninspired. I don't want to do this thing. I don't want to move forward. When I get that feeling of motivation or whatnot, I'll take the next step and it's going to feel amazing and I'll feel on track.
Speaker 2: That is not the truth.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes we take the next step, it feels really hard, it feels it doesn't feel comfortable. And the thing is you just have to keep moving forward, even if it's tiny little steps. And I think, like the biggest thing to remember is you can't control I know, I say, you know, you can control your feelings and whatnot, But I more mean like, we can't control exactly what happens to us, Like we all know this, but we can control how to react. We can keep getting up. So, like I said, with my original scenario. If you know you've been in ISO, things are weird, you now have to go back to the new normal. You're feeling unmotivated and inspired. I know you can't control what happened in regards to self isolation and the pandemic and all that stuff, but you can control how you react to it. So are you gonna sit there and go, oh, yeah, you know this stuff happened. I'm gonna feel a bit sorry for myself. I'm just gonna plod along. I'm just not really feeling it. I'm gonna really sit in this excuse because it is in the end of the day. It's an excuse of feeling unmotivated and feeling uninspired. Or are you going to react in the other way of going, oh shit, bulls, this feels uncomfortable. I'm not really feeling it. But I'm gonna pull myself out of this. I'm gonna feel grateful and I'm going to keep moving forward because even though it doesn't feel that great right now, I know that my future self will thank me, because I think that's something we need to realize, is like the next step. It doesn't yet, like it doesn't always feel good, but if we keep going, we will look back and go, oh wow, that was a pivotal first step, and thank god I made that, and thank god I kept going because look at me now, look how I feel. So I think a big thing also is we can often have a negative thought pattern happening. So basically what that means is we have a negative feeling or thought, we think it, we then feel it, we then play into it, and then it repeats, so we get stuck in this negative cycle.
Speaker 2: So you know, the.
Speaker 1: Example is, oh, things are weird at the moment. I feel really uncomfortable. I don't know how to feel. I don't know what my new normal is. I'm feeling unmotivated. I just don't know like how to feel or what to do. That feels negative, that feels icky. I then feel like that. And then because I feel like that, I go, oh, well I am unmotivated. Well I don't know what to do. Well, I feel this way, and that's it. And then you sit in that negative pattern. So I'm saying, now you can break this negative pattern. You can break this negative cycle. And often I'll talk about this where I say, catch the thought, catch the negative feeling, and think to yourself, Is this ultimately true? Is this like set in stone? And like I said, no, because you always have an option, you can always react in a different way. So yes, it's a shitty time, it's an uncomfortable time, it's an unnormal time.
Speaker 2: You do have an.
Speaker 1: Option to sit in the negative feelings and go, yep, I'm gonna be unmotivated and I'm not gonna you know, sort of deal with this too well. Or you can go, well, that's not ultimately true. There are people who are really sort of, you know, taking this scenario by the balls, if you may, and they're really going for it, and they're using it for their advantage, and they're using it, you know, to really fuel them. That's like I have been dming a couple of girls who joined my Rise and Conker project, and I can see they are using this current scenario and being uncomfortable to fuel them. Oh girl, her words were, you know, she's like, I've catched myself so small, this feels so uncomfortable, but I owe it to myself to take this huge next step. And she even said to me, she's like, to be honest, like it doesn't feel good, but I know my future self will thank me. And so I'm really using this uncertain time to fuel me. And so you have that choice. So catch the thought, examine it, know that it's not ultimately true, and you can pick a new thought and a new feeling and you can feel into that and that, my friend is breaking that negative cycle. And also like something to remember is like sometimes you have to be your own motivation and sometimes you have to pep yourself up. So like something I did this morning, and something I'll often do is I'll put on like a meditation or you know, grab my crystals, and I like sit there and I will say to myself, I'll be like, Georgia, you are powerful. Look at what you have achieved, look at what you have done, look at what you have pulled yourself from. You are so powerful, You were so enough, you were so loved, you were so supportive.
Speaker 2: You have clear.
Speaker 1: Goals, you know what you want, you know you can go after them. And basically, you know, I won't go on and on, but I would just give myself this pep talk and be like, you know what, stop you know, and I will tell myself like stop it, stop it, choose a new thought.
Speaker 2: You can do this. Wow, that was really a bit of a riff, there Wasn't it all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna wrap this episode up just because I like these to only be about twenty minutes. But I hope that was helpful. I guess some practical stuff that really helps me when I am feeling unmotivated and a bit down is going back to my why and really getting clear on that. That's actually something that we're going to be doing the first week of the Rise and Conker Project, obviously way more extensively, but just something to start thinking about. Is like, you know, if you're feeling unmotivated because of isso whatnot? Like and you were feeling motivated pre io, like what was your why? Get clear on that, Like go back to why you want to do this thing, why you want to start, why you want to make the next step. Get clear on that because you'll often find that it's like, oh, yeah, this actually has like a bigger picture and a bigger thing than just these iky feelings right now, and you can feel into that. Also, like I said, what helps me is like tuning into our higher vibe or like just shifting my vibe. And I actually have a podcast which I'll get grace to link. The show notes about like how to shift into a high vibe, and I think I give you about ten things, but basically the biggest thing, and there's something that will always work, something that it will always work, is shifting into gratitude. So literally, right now, think of three things you're grateful for and not just like, oh, I'm grateful for my husband and dogs and food. I want you to think of things that like bring up emotion. That's the whole point because that is going to help you shift. And then I guess, like, same thing as the start is like maybe you need to rewrite your goals or go back to your goals and be like, is this what I still want anymore? Because maybe you're feeling unmotivated because I so brought up something that has changed inside of you and maybe you don't want the same things. So you're going after these things, but they you don't want them any more subconsciously, so it feels really hard. So maybe you need to go back to the drawing board. Maybe you need to make you know, a new vision board or new goals or that sort of thing. But I hope that was helpful. Like I said, guys, it is so normal to feel unmotivated and inspired. Like everyone goes through this, I'll go through this numerous, numerous times a gear. But in the end, personally, I think I have responsibility to pull myself out of this and to take those little steps, even if it doesn't necessarily feel that great right now. But yeah, I'm gonna love and leave you. Like I said, I like picked this episode because of the comments in the Rise and con Facebook group. It is literally one of my favorite places.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: I don't really use Facebook, I just don't, but I go on Facebook just to get in this group and chat to you girls and all that sort of stuff. So come and join us if you're not already in. I hope you guys have an amazing week and I will catch you in my next episode.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: And that's a wrap on another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast. I hope you got something valuable from it, and I want to say a big thank you for tuning in. I really really do appreciate it. If you're craving more than don't worry.
Speaker 2: I've got you sorted.
Speaker 1: We have our very own Rise and Conquer Community Facebook group where hundreds of like minded women joined to share in on stories, ask advice and everything in between. I'd love for you to join us. Just search Rise and Concer podcast community or find the link in the show notes. And if you loved listening as much as I loved recording this episode, then please please subscribe and leave a review. It really helps us out. And if you think of anyone who would benefit or enjoy this episode, please share it with them. You can also find more on Instagram at risinconcor dot podcast and more from me your hosts at Georgie Stevenson. Once again, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. This is a totally independent podcast, so we really do appreciate every bit of support. Hope you guys have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll talk to you soon