Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This podcast is for women who want to take ownership of their lives, live unapologetically, and are ready to turn their biggest dreams into their reality. If you're ready to be armed with the tools that will inspire to take bold action, feel confident within yourself, and conquer your goals, then you've come to the right place. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. I'm a lawyer turned entrepreneur, co founder of Naked Harvest Supplements, and social media personality with a community of over three hundred thousand. I grew up believing I had to pursue the safe option and fit into a mold others had created for me. But then I entered my corporate law job and I realized that settling for a reality that didn't set my soul on fire was something I.
Speaker 2: Was not prepared to do.
Speaker 1: I want to more, and I have a feeling you do too. Join me and special guests weekly as we get down to the nitty gritty on all things health, mastering your mindset, creating lasting habits, thriving in your career and relationships, plus so much more, and together we'll gain the knowledge and perspective to pursue our wildest dreams and kick fear to the curb. Well what are you waiting for? Let's Rise and conquer, Hey guys, and welcome to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. Today, I decided I'm going to start a new series. I got inspired by me and Ida's Money series, and it's going to be like a boss babe series. And I know that word is super overused, I honestly just couldn't think of something different. And I don't mean a series where I just talk about business or anything like that. What I want to encompass with this is a boss babe in regards to someone who takes ownership of their lives, who lives very unapologetically, who is owning their shit, who is going out and taking the bold action and stepping into fear like this is what I mean by boss babe series. So let's get straight into it. And what I'm gonna do is I will just put a boss babe somewhere in the title anytime I do an episode that relates to this series. So this is obviously the first one, but laid it down the track. If you're looking for certain boss babe content, just search for that in the title. Okay, So I wanted to start this series off with basically chatting about giving yourself permission and taking that first bold step. So before I get into it those who don't know, I want to give a little background about where I've come from, because Georgie a couple of years ago is very different to Georgie now. So my background is I went straight from high school and I started a law degree, and during that law degree, I had my health and fitness journey, which then started my social media like my personal brand. And for so long it was just like this hobby, this thing I did in the side. It then turned into a bit of a side hustle, like I did start making small amounts of money here and there working with brands while I was at university, but mostly like it was just kind of like a side thing. And my big dream was to be a corporate lawyer, you know, city life, all that sort of thing. So I studied for six years and during that time I worked full time a lot in different law firms, and you know, did my social media stuff. And so the last couple of years towards probably like twenty sixteen to twenty eighteen, I got a clerkship with a really good law firm in the city, and I worked there, and then I got into their graduate program, and then from their graduate program I got admitted. And so for so long I had this dream that I was going to be a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I had ticked all the boxes.
Speaker 1: I finished my degree, I got admitted, I did my PLT, and then right towards the end, like literally as I got admitted and would be starting my job practicing.
Speaker 2: Law, I quit it.
Speaker 1: And so it's funny because six months before that, I just had this completely pivotal kind of change with what I wanted. Because for so long, even when I kind of was making a bit of side money from my social media things and working full time, I even had people be like, you know, you could do the social media thing full time and like do really well, and I would literally say to them, no, that's it's not what I want to do. I want to be a lawyer, like I want this so bad. And then it's like one day I just woke up and I just started to want something different. And I strongly believe that we have these desires put on our heart for a reason, Like I'm personally not religious. I did grow up at Jehovah's witness, but I'm not religious anymore. But I do believe in sort of a higher power, something bigger than me, and I like to call it the.
Speaker 2: Universe, but it can really be anything.
Speaker 1: So if you're religious, it would be God, or if you're not, universe whatever. So I strongly believe that these desires are put on our heart from the universe, from God or whatever for a reason. And I strongly believe like they didn't get it wrong, like you don't want certain things for a wrong reason. And to be honest, I tried to fight it for a very long time, and I was like, no, Georgia, you're doing lawyer, You're doing law.
Speaker 2: You just study for bloody six years. You're doing this.
Speaker 1: And I really tried to like just like turn it down, and it just got too loud, and basically I decided to go off and do my own thing. I had no plans. I literally had no plans. I had nothing to kind of go off. I didn't even really know what I wanted to do at that point. I didn't have my ebook, this podcast, Naked Harvest, nothing, and so I left this like amazing job, like on paper.
Speaker 2: If you're a law graduate, you would know.
Speaker 1: You would be like, oh my god, Georgia, this is so silly. You literally had the dream sitting there and I turned it away and I decided to do my own thing. And it's so funny because I, like I said, it wasn't clear, but I just knew deep down in my knowing, Like I just knew that it would come, and I just had to surrender, and I just had this knowing and I trusted it and I took this massive leap of faith. It's not like it happened straight away. Like the first sort of thing that came out of my personal brand was my ebook, and that wasn't until eight months later. So I want to chat about this concept of giving yourself permission to do what you want to do and really stepping into the fear and taking that big first step in the direction where you want to go, where you truly desire to be, and what feels so authentically you. It won't necessarily like make sense to anyone else, but like deep down, you know, you're like, oh my god, I'm just like I'm supposed to be doing this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I used to describe it to people like I feel like I'm in a fog and I can't see anything, Like it's fog. I can only see like one step in front of me, but I know it's leading to where I want to go. I hope that makes sense. So I want to chat about like I felt so scared during that time, and I know you guys might feel the same. Like maybe you are super scared to do what you truly want to do, or take this next step in your career or explore something different, and you're worried about well, you know what people might think, especially your loved ones, like what they might think of you. So maybe it's a career move, your dream job, you know, maybe you're worried that your parents won't accept that, or if you quit, you won't have enough money, or like all these things, Like all these doubts are coming up, and it's so normal.
Speaker 2: I've felt them all and it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't necessarily have to be anything to do with the career job. Like maybe you've realize that you're in the wrong relationship, or like just something isn't right in your life and you just have a knowing that you want something different. Hey, guys, I'm quickly interrupting this episode because I am so excited.
Speaker 2: Naked Harvest has.
Speaker 1: Just launched not one, but two new natural pre workout flavors, Juicy grape and lemon lime crush.
Speaker 2: How good does that sound. I'm personally all over the grape. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: It smells like hubba bubba and it tastes so good. If you're someone like me and you care about what you're putting in your body, and you have some fitness goals for twenty twenty, you need to get yourself some Naked Harvest natural pre workout. I'm sure you're sick of me talking about it, but this stuff literally.
Speaker 2: Transformed my workouts. It's proven.
Speaker 1: Formula has no hidden nasties, all natural ingredients, no synthetic stimulants. It will give you that natural energy boost, but without the crash, and of course it's vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Get ready to feel energized and strong. Join the NH game and feel free to use Rise and Conquer at checkout for a sneaky fifteen percent discount. Okay, let's get straight back into the episode. So I want you guys to think about knowing that you have something on your heart somethink you desire something you want to do.
Speaker 2: What would it.
Speaker 1: Feel like if you were fully supported in this decision? So just ignore the current reality and just have a think about Like, how would you feel if let's say your parents are like, yes, go travel, go be nomadic, go start that business, or you know, if you were just fully supported in this new desire, Like, how would that feel if everyone was on board? It just felt so right everyone was telling you to go for it, Like how would that feel to you? And I think a big thing to realize is what kills our dreams is this fear of judgment and it can really paralyze us. And I just want you to encourage you to imagine that you already have the permission to go off and do what you want. Take that next step, really step into who you want to be. Imagine everyone is on board. Imagine you're completely supported and everything is just lining up and it's happening for you. Because I'm telling you right now, it is it, truly is. You just need to decide. I'm a logical person. I am such a structured and logical person, and that decision looking back, like it makes no sense, But I just trusted the universe or whatever you want to call it. And I was just like, I know, deep down, I just need to follow this. I need to really align what feels good to me, because you know that feeling just like it feels right. And it's so hard to articulate and explain these things, these things, but I know you guys would know what I'm talking about. So I want to be the person who is giving you the permission. You can change your mind at any time for any reason. You don't need permission from other people, and you don't owe anyone in explanation. You just need to give yourself permission to boldly choose who you want to be, to transform and ascend into your most authentic self, whatever that looks like. Because when you do that, you really show yourself, and you show other people.
Speaker 2: You give other people that permission.
Speaker 1: So I guarantee my story of going from a lawyer studying six years, getting the job and being like right in the thick of it and making this crazy decision to go off and like can you imagine, like my parents and like my colleagues, when I'm like, hey, I'm not going to take this great opportunity and all I've worked for for six years and I have no idea what I want to do, but I just know it feels right for me. So I'm going to quit and work from home and do this weird internet social media business and just see what happens, like imagine my position and telling people that, Like, now that I look back, I'm actually so surprised I took the leap, because it's just so I'm not someone who does that. I am such a like structured logical person. But that's what I'm saying. If I can do it, you can do it. Don't ask what your parents think or your colleagues think, especially if you know it's going to be negative.
Speaker 2: Do what feels right for you.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I guarante Tea my decision and my story would show people and inspire people to go do the same. And that's what I mean by once you give your self permission and you do what you truly desire and what you want, you are showing other people that they can do the exact same. And I think that's really important because in this life it can often feel so alone and you can be like no one understands, no one gets me. But really we're not alone, and we're all going through these really sort of difficult things. And that's another thing is it's not meant.
Speaker 2: To feel easy.
Speaker 1: If you feel so uncomfortable a little bit on shore, like so fearful, you're onto something good. I guarantee you when I look back at anything and any time that I've really stepped out of my comfort zone into this like space of fear, massive shifts, massive change, and just big things have happened that have propelled me into where I need to be, and it just goes so much further. Okay, So before I leave you, guys, I want you guys to either just think about this as I'm telling you, or grab a journal. I'll get Grace to chuck these in the show notes, so you guys have them if you guys don't know, I do show notes for every single episode on my website, so it's just Georgie Stevenson dot net, n ET.
Speaker 2: And if you.
Speaker 1: Go into the podcast tab, there is a show notes tab and that's where where I put all the details of each episode. So I make sure I'll put the questions here. So I want you to really think about this. And I liked when I'm journaling, I like to set the scene. So like, I literally journaled this morning and I did some I lit a sage stick and I saged my offer and my desk and myself and I put on some really nice music on my Alexa speaker, and I made myself a coffee and I really got into this state of like surrendering, letting go and just getting really like inwards. And so like, when you're journaling and thinking about this, really set the scene.
Speaker 2: Give yourself the space.
Speaker 1: Say I don't have to do anything for half an hour. I shut my door because Tim was being noisy outside. And I really set the scene and got into it. And so I want you to think about these questions. Am I currently holding myself back in any way because I am unsure or scared of what others will think? So have a think. Journal whatever comes to mind. This is not wrong, nothing is wrong. Just write it down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I want you to think what would change in my life if I boldly stepped out into my most authentic self and did exactly what I desired? What would change? How would your life look.
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 1: I want you to think about, or write what would it feel like to give myself the permission instead of waiting or asking from others to do exactly what I want to do. What would that feel like? And when you write this, I also want you to sit in the feeling. Is it excitement, happiness, awness? How does that feel? I really want you to sit in it. And lastly, I want you to think about it all right, what would I be doing right now if I were doing exactly what my heart desires? What would I be doing? How would your life look what would your morning routine look like? What would your whole day look like? And this is important because a big thing about attracting what you truly desire and manifesting what you truly desire is getting clear on what that looks like. And so something I used to do is I used to think about these questions and write these sort of things all the time. So I talk about this a lot. For example, in the last six months of my law job, when I kind of knew I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing and I wanted something differently, I would sit on the bus and I would think about what would I be doing right now? What would my day look like if I was truly doing what my heart desires, and so I would think about what would my morning routine look like? And you know, I thought about I'd get up without an alarm because at that point I was waking up at five I think it was four thirty am, which is ridiculous, you know, Like I'd think about getting up without an alarm, having a bit of a slower morning, having my coffee, doing my journaling, doing my to do and then you know, going to gym. And then I would feel how would my day feel doing something I was so desired to do, Like how would that feel? I used to use the feelings of just like contentness and happiness, and then I thought about how would my weekends look and all that sort of th And it's super weird to say, but like what I thought about on that bus every single morning when I thought about, this is exactly how my life looks now, if not better. And so it's a couple years lady later, and I'm completely living out that, like you know, that dream or fantasy that I used to think about, and my life is so different and it just feels so right, It feels so me and I don't have to worry about what people think, and it's funny because now people are like, oh my god, of course you would make that decision. Of course you'd make that next step like you did so well, and they congratulate me. But that was so different when I made that big step. I guarantee even a lot of you, if you knew me back then, I guarantee some of you would have been thinking, what the what is Georgia doing, Like she's being crazy and erratic. But I like, now, look how my life looks and how and it's not so much how it looks, bit how it feels to me. It's just so important. Okay, I am going to love and leave you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I hope this was helpful, and I hope you're excited about the new Boss Babe series. I'm feeling so inspired and excited, Like I just I love chatting about this because all these things that I'm talking about are really what completely changed my life into exactly what I desire and how I feel now. And it's just so important for me to share this because it just has been so transformative for me. So yes, I'm going to love and leave you, and I'm hoping you're having a great day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll be back in your ears later on the week with a guess interview. And that's a wrap on another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I hope you got something valuable from it, and I want to say.
Speaker 2: A big thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: I really really do appreciate it. If you're craving more than don't worry, I've got you sorted. We have our very own Rise and Conquer Community Facebook group where hundreds of like minded women joined to share in on stories, ask advice, and everything in between. I'd love for you to join us. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast Community or find the.
Speaker 2: Link in the show notes.
Speaker 1: And if you loved listening as much as I loved recording this episode, then please subscribe and leave a review. It really helps us out. And if you think of anyone who would benefit or enjoy this episode, please share it with them. You can also find more on Instagram at risinconcor dot podcast and more from me your hosts at Georgie Stevenson. Once again, guys, thank you so much for tuning in. This is a totally independent podcast, so we really do appreciate every bit of support. Hope you guys have an amazing day or night whenever you're listening, and I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Bay by Coutay Saithing Nothing starting off