Speaker 1: My name's Tatasha Bamblet. I'm a proud First Nations woman and I'm here to acknowledge country. Te Glenn Young Ganya Niana, Kaka ya Ya beIN ah Waka Nian our gay In Nimbini, yak um Jar, dominyamiga Umaga, Ihowaka, Nile, Waman damon Immalan, Bumba bang gadaboma in and now in Waka ghana on yak rum Jar Watanadaa. Hello, beautiful friends, we gather on the lands of the Aboriginal people. We thank acknowledge and respect the Aboriginal people's land that we're gathering on today. Take pleasure in all the land and respect all that you see. She's on the Money podcast acknowledges culture, country, community and connections, bringing you the tools, knowledge and resources for you to thrive.
Speaker 2: She's on the Money.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money. Hello and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast that makes personal finance fun, especially on a Friday. Beck and I are back with another edition of Friday Drinks, where we get together to celebrate you, our incredible shites on the Money community. While Vituere's away, we'll be hearing all of your money wins and boat tips help push it your dollar further. Speaking of this week's money Dilimma is all about spending, specifically how to spend responsibly when you've grown up frugal. And as always, we'll be answering a left of center question from our community and a DM that asks whether it's okay to withdraw your investments if you've got to kill a business idea. If you've always wanted your money dilemma ends it on the show, please head to our website and record your message on the podcast page. We love hearing from you, and your dilemma might just help another listener who's going through it now. Beck I, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: And good? Hell?
Speaker 3: You could fun when it's the two of us.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I can just tell that you are raring to share a review with us.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'll say one of our favorites, because we have a couple favorites in this episode. The whole thing is our favorite. One of our favorite parts of the episode is the five star review, and the rumors are true. It is time for a five star review, and this one comes from Jenna, who says, just listen to the episode with Jess and Beck missed fe d of course, but just wanted to say what a vibe. Your genuine laughter, so contagious, perfect drive to work listen, impossible not to smile. Thank you. Side note, I started investing in chairs eas since listening to your podcast fifty dollars a week on auto invest I'm up to fifteen hundred dollars and have set the next five year investing goals, which will require me to add more money above the fifty dollars a week to hit my goals. I'm also going to chat to our accountants soon about making extra super contributions. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us all that's so nice. Thank you.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel really good because you're gonna hear a little bit of us in the next few weeks. And I've been a little bit stressed because I know that everybody comes here for the financing and the VD knowledge and you know tiny they want to learn. Yeah, understandably so, and sometimes I just think, well, I don't know what I'm offering you, but I know I'm glad you're enjoying it, and so I was.
Speaker 2: It just explained to Jess off air that it will feel like and let's all take it as though it's a school day and it's raining and you're inside watching a movie. It's like, maybe you're not learning anything today, but we're just going to be cozy and have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the substitute teacher is purely just here to fill some space. Make sure nobody kills each other exactly exactly, sc everybody, behave and we'll pop the movie on for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get crazy. Thank you so much, Yeta, it's so sweet. Thank you for sharing. Keep those reviews coming through. It's a highlight of the week. You can share reviews of She's and the Money wherever you get your podcasts. Not that it doesn't make us feel nice, but it helps other people find us too.
Speaker 3: I know you're spreading the good word, as I always like to say, reading the good word exactly right, and we really appreciate you. Now, are you ready for this week's question of the Wei?
Speaker 2: Yes please, yes please.
Speaker 3: They've been really good lately. I feel like Victoria is missing out and Jess excellent name, would like to know which fictional character would you recommend She's on the Money too.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go like a Cinderella Cinderella. Well, because I think she comes from nothing, she's got no money, and all of a sudden she's really rich because she's married a prince.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: True, It seemply makes sense to me that you'd want a little bit of financial literacy, don't rely on them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and this is like prime not that it would be intentional maybe maybe not prime financial abuse dependence situation, because she's.
Speaker 3: Like never significant women's rights and exactly exactly, so I was like, yeah, she needs it.
Speaker 2: I just, oh my god, Well I was on the same train as you, but I'm like, I didn't want to like recommend to just women. I wanted to recommend it to Squidward because I feel like he is He's I don't think he's financially literit, of course, I mean, can'try her, but mister Crabs is, and then SpongeBob is silly, and then he's in the middle. I feel like he's got the bones for it.
Speaker 3: Is mister Krabbs taking advantage of sword.
Speaker 2: I don't think. So have you spen seen SpongeBob?
Speaker 5: Not really really, that's crazy. I know, like this is Patrick, that's so you, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: No, not necessarily, I just think that in terms of like brain sponginess, that you could only really put it on.
Speaker 3: That I'm christ I say, and you know what financial literally is for everybody, even everybody giant squids exackly question you're dying to know the answer to you. We've got some really great deep answers for my friends. You can send it through in the comments on Spotify, or you can damn it to us. Whatever votes your boat, We don't mind.
Speaker 2: So should we move on to the money wins?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I've got some goodies this week for you.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: First one I've got comes from Morgan, who said, Irang Medibang Private ready to have a bit of a winge because there are always promos for new customers, but nothing ever pops up for those of us that are already existing, and they immediately have discounted my cover by ten percent for the next twelve months.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is sometimes it pays to have a wingch Exactly, well done, Morgan. Next time money went from Kimberly, who said I took a phone call from a relative on my birthday after ordering my takeaway coffee. The shop assistant overheard and told me I could pick something from the cabinet for free. She scored a free gourmet muffin and it made her day as a working mum who was on her way to work on a Sunday on her birthday. Oh my god, have you heard there, Kimberly. I hope you had a great day, and good on your fastling hard And how nice of that kill of the cafe too true, That's so sweet. I love a little community moment. Next, I've got one from Kayla who said, I've be getting so many kids clothes on Clearance, which I'm buying for next season for my girls just by purchasing the next size up. She said, I'm literally buying them for two to five dollars per item. Genius crazy as well, And kids go through clothes so quickly, yeah, like they either ruin them at daycare, so I've heard, or they just grow out of them really fast. So buying up a couple of size is just having them tucked away, especially if it's two bucks. Totally, very very clever. Then I've got one from clear who said I tore my acl and hobbled to the medical center which had after hours, and just asked for some crutches. I didn't need to see anybody because I've done it before, so sorry to hear clear, the ACL is never a fun one to do. They said, they'll give me the crutches to hire, which will be sixty dollars, but I have to see somebody first, which would be another sixty dollars for the appointment. So I said no, thank you and just hopped away. I asked a largish group chat if anybody happened to have a pair of crutches, and I got given them straight away. Great, so I saved myself one hundred and twenty dollars and I got to keep them.
Speaker 2: I mean, consider me really something lucky, maybe also ignorant, maybe, but I just didn't know you had to pay for crutches. But also like, yeah, where did.
Speaker 3: They come from? But that's it's like if you break your arm, you have to buy a sling.
Speaker 2: You have to buy a sling.
Speaker 3: So I break my arm when I was a kid, so it's been a very long time. But they would, oh, true, it's touch wood, touch wood. Whenever I do that, my boyfriend always says, sister, that's just so cute that no, so broy my arm, and they I think they temporary sling there with just a b bandage, but then the one that you can wear constantly, wash and stuff, Yeah, you have to buy. And I'm pretty sure they weren't cheap either, jeez. My reference of ficiar. He is constantly bringing home like compression things and like different wraps, and it's stuff that people have to buy, and it can get pretty pricey from what I've seen.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 3: Then I've got two money wins, both from Jessica's. There's a lot of praying around. So Jessica, Jessica up, that's what her name is on Facebook said. My client canceled their shift just as I was turning into their streets, which you'd think would be a money loss, but I still get paid for it, so I'm counting it as a money win.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the other Jessica said, I visited the Haiges chocolate factory when I was on a weekend trip to Adelaide. They had a second section which was a lot cheaper but tasted just as good. Such good value basically because the chocolate wasn't poured symmetrically. Oh just beautiful too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. It's like the odd bunch of Hayes is yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent like ones that are a little bit wonky or don't meet the standards. That's so far and we'll take it absolutely. And then last of this, I've got money in from Kaylor who said I have been looking at Ikea wardrobes as a project at home. I found exactly what I wanted with additional add ons from a seller on Facebook Marketplace, five hundred and fifty dollars out of pocket, with the total value being over two thousand, five hundred, massive savings and even more storage than I had planned and budgeted for gorgeous. I hadn't thought to look on Facebook Marketplace for wardrobe stuff, and as someone who is getting ready to do that for the new build when it's done, I will be trawling.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, you can find some good stuff on there. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to go hunting.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can I keep my you know, like sometimes it notifies you if something comes up. Can I put wardrobe whatever else you're looking for in there?
Speaker 3: I'll your yes, please, It's always fun.
Speaker 2: I love to window shops. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, the community is absolutely killing it. But you know this already because you've been reading their broke tea.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am, what good ones have you got? Okay, so this first one, I just thought i'd start off nice and light, but just I think it's interesting. You know when you get those Lebanese cucumbers and they come in like the plastic.
Speaker 3: Yes, why they am plastic?
Speaker 2: I don't know, to be honest, but I just know that I don't know how you do it, but I like slice it off and I take the whole thing off and then I just like do whatever. But I saw this thing on TikTok. This TikTok was sent me by Yana. Thank you so much, Yana. And so you get that long plastic sleeve and you don't fully cut it off, You just like fold it. You kind of twist the top and then on the side. It's really hard to explain, but you do.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Hand just realized, So that is a thick cucump.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm a handog to.
Speaker 2: Well it's not something I'm used to, but you twist the plastic wrapping. I'm anti clockwise, yeah, until almost like you know when you're like watching a movie, it's like robotic doors like kind of close all the way in into a circle. It's like that is happening at the top of the cucumber. I know it doesn't make any sense, And maybe we'll link the TikTok in.
Speaker 3: A discressions, or we'll cut these video into socials and put it maybe on one of ours. So I don't think that's making fuss.
Speaker 2: So fair if we could maybe dub something over the top, because the hand gestures don't really go with this cucumber, we can put it on TikTok and.
Speaker 3: Maybe somebody can, like preparing captions.
Speaker 2: With going captions, puts a music over the top and then just like whatever you think is happening.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: So all that to say, you can keep it fresh and maybe save that plastic and I think you've got to throw it out eventually, but it just feels like such a dreadful waiste.
Speaker 3: Yes, agree, what's next?
Speaker 2: The next one comes from Nadine. They saw this on Reddit. It looks like and it says I just ordered the same thing as I do every morning for macas a toasty and small tea. Some mornings it's seven seventy, others it's eight eighty. They asked why they are different some mornings and the lady said, it's how I ordered this morning. I ordered the toasty first and the tea yesterday, the tea than the toasty. That's how they get you and charge extra. She said. The toasty can be an add on making it cheaper. What a trick to charge extra?
Speaker 3: So surely like it doesn't matter what order they're put in.
Speaker 2: No, I think it does. And when I read it, I was like, true, because sometimes I guess if you're like ordering it anyway and there's no obligation to say, oh, hey, do you know if you got a combo a coffee and a toasty, then it's like cheaper if you And it's happened before where I've been like can I have this and then also grub fries and then also a grub a can it's like And then after I order, I realized that's literally me and me that's cheaper. And so like if you order it in a certain way and they have no obligation to say, hey, this is actually this thing, it's a little bundle, then you'd be charged more, I assume, so.
Speaker 3: Clever fun maybe I feel like you need to say, Hi, can I get a tea and toasty combo?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter what you say first, because you're like clearly saying.
Speaker 2: Totally, you know, totally you should try that with everything. I feel like maybe there was a combo somewhere and they're like, whoa, how'd you know? That's a great one? Thank you so much. My one is really dumb, and I'm scared that everyone's gonna hate me for it. But this is my because I'm new to the lash game, the beauty game, you know. It's just I'm just trying to like take care of my skin these days. And so I just my friend went and got lash perm and I was like, well, I don't really have, like I don't know however much it is, maybe like eight olds or something, and so I was like, well, instead, I went and bought a lash curler and now I curl my lashes every single day twice a day, which is maybe really bad. And that is it's almost as effective, if not like the same as a lash perm and way cheaper. Did you guys know that that's a way cheaper good?
Speaker 3: You can also get kids to do them yourself at home to your in.
Speaker 2: Lash paan true, you can. And then also I haven't tried that serum where you get like long lashes. I don't know if that's real or not. Yeah, it seems like magic. But if anyone knows of any good ones, let me know, because I'm really I'm going through a skin face beauty change transformation. Thank you things.
Speaker 3: I've got some things that can give you great thank you amazing. So that's me for this week. He's in there. Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's take a quick break, and when we come back, we'll be hearing about a money dilemma that's all about spending money.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody. Let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 4: Hi, there, have you got a money dilemma you just can't solve? The Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week, we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a listen to this this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 6: Hi, ladies, I'm just ringing with my money dilemma. I've been married to my husband for ten years and we are in a pretty comfortable money situation. We agree on almost everything, and the one thing that we don't necessarily agree on is when to spend our money because I don't feel comfortable spending our money. I grew up in a household where money was really tight. We didn't have money for luxuries, and it was always the basics. So now as an adult, when I do have money, I'm having a really hard time letting it go. I feel like a hoarder of the money, which is not always a bad thing, but I really want to understand how to let go of this childhood trauma and understand that spending your money is okay.
Speaker 3: Do you have any tips around this?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 2: That's very fair. It's so interesting a lot of people when they grow up without money and there's like a bit of a scarcity kind of mindset. The difference that creates, like in adulthood is either for me, that created like I can't hold money, and then for other people it's like I can't spend money, and boy do I wish it was it was the other way. Not to say that it's easier or anything like that, of course, but I imagine that would be really, really tricky. So I think, obviously therapy is good all the time, no matter what. I really hate when people suggest therapy to me when I come to them with like advice, because it feels like they're saying you're too much and you're crazy and you definitely need therapy, like and that's not at all what I mean. No, And that's so I just don't want that to ever feel like that's what I'm saying. I just mean in general, like it's really good to but ironically it's like you got to spend money to do that, and it's like you don't really want to. That might be a tricky thing as well. I mean it should be free, but that'sry for another time. Therapy or I think just like honestly listening to we have some episodes about mindsets and know it's more than a mindset, steeper than a mindset. It's like, I don't want to minimize it, but I think that it would be helpful if you in the meantime, or if you're not in therapy right now, or you can't afford therapy right now, didn't listen to some of those episodes about mindset, and I find reddit really helpful. I know this is probably is not very helpful, but I find Reddit really helpful when it's like I would type in the most niche specific thing and then put red at the end, and there'll be people who have been through the exact same thing, have the exact same experience, and they will talk about how they kind of got out of it, and I think, yeah, just like following other people's journeys, googling it, going on Reddit and seeing how people kind of maybe we're in the same situation and manage that a little bit. So I think it's really helpful. But yeah, as someone who unfortunately grew up on the other end of the spending spectrum, I don't think I can offer too much useful advice in terms of how to spend because for me it comes far too easy.
Speaker 3: I would like to get the other way. I'd like to I think that's a really good shout. We have a full episode on managing spending gial. It is a few years old now, but I think it's a really good episode, especially because a lot of people deal with this. I think exactly as you said, our childhood experiences play such a pivotal role in our money stories and really inform how we feel about a lot of those things as adults, so you're definitely not alone in the experience that you're having where the people are on either end of the spectrum. It is more common, I think than you would believe. So we'll link that in the show notes, along with any other episodes we think might be helpful for you. I also think, depending on how you're managing your money currently, does your budget have money allocated to specific spending. So for me personally, as you guys know, I love to break my money down into lots and lots of savers. I have like thirteen savings accounts, and within those, I have very specific allocations for spending on specific categories based on what feels comfortable to me. And that is because I would look at my spending month on month and I identified patterns and I kind of thought to myself that I'm more than happy to spend on these things, but I want to set limits. And so for me personally, I have a specific allocated budget for clothing. I have a specific allocated budget for beauty because those are things that are important to me, but I still wanted to fit them in with my overall budgeting system. Is there something like that in place for you, because I think that that would maybe free up for me personally, It frees up that guilt because I go, oh, I know that there's room in the budget, that there's plan in the budget for me to be spending this money on this specific thing, whether it's eating out, whether it's a holiday, whether it's buying a new expensive item or device that you've been really wanting. If the money is always labeled for that, does that change how you feel about it? Because for me, my savers are named what they are, so you know there's one for clothing, there's one right now, I'm saving for an earth Thredder, which is like a fancy overlocker, And so when I make side hustle money, that goes into that safe, and I know that that's what that money is for because that's how it's labeled. That's how I see it, that's how I visualize it. Maybe psychologically that would make you feel a bit better about it, because that money is always identified as being for that specific thing. Whereas if you just have a big savings account and then you go, oh, well, I want to take one thousand dollars out to buy this new air threader. Seeing that money go down can be disappointing or can feel like you're not meeting your goal, even if your goal was to save for that thing. Yeah, so look at if you haven't already, maybe like specifying or carving out some room in your existing budget for those things you're wanting to spend on. Otherwise, I totally agree therapy is a great place to work through some stuff, especially you know, if there's some things that you need to work through or you know, chat about. There's no shame in it. I think it's really positive. And even if you're not going through something tough, I think it's really nice to speak to somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like be curious about your the way like your child wood shaped you see, for anything that you could learn. Yeah, I think it's really really important for all if you can afford it.
Speaker 3: A hundred percent. Every week we tell you guys to slide into our dms and you never disappoint. This week, I've got one that comes from somebody who is quite good at investing and might have a life changing business idea on their hands. They said, over the past three years, I've invested one thousand dollars per month, So just over thirty five thousand into ETFs. I work full time in tech sales, but have dreamed of starting my own business. I have an idea that I'm confident that I can make work. But guess what it's going to cost me thirty five grand to get it off the ground. I have a separate emergency fund, so I'm not in financial trouble, but I'm not sure if I should withdraw my investments to back myself. I promise myself I would never touch my shares, So I am in quite the dilemma. Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that it might be worth it, but I'm also it's a tricky one. If it was like savings, I'd be like, hell yeah, the shares part of it all. And I understand that that's the dilemma here, but I really want to know what this business is.
Speaker 3: I'm so curious. I don't tell anybody because I could still the idea.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anyone. I think, like if you're sure, and I mean it's like hard to know, like a y, Like how sure could you be? And is it exactly thirty five thousand? That is that all we need to spend? Or is it like I'm just so curious about this whole thing. But I think that genuinely, if you only need to spend thirty both thousand dollars and you won't see that you're taking out all of your shares and then going into debt as well, then I think maybe it's worth it. Could you get a business loan? I don't know, are they like financially better? I don't know. Oh. I guess what you could do is figure out how much interest you're gaining on that thirty five thousand, and then figure out how much interest you'd be paying on a business loan.
Speaker 3: When you say how much interest you're gaining, you mean what your potential ten shore growth in your shares exact or dividend payments would be.
Speaker 2: Exactly potentially, Let's say it's like, on average ninety percent peranum, and then you're only paying like three percent. I don't know if that's the thing paranum on a business loan. I'm like, well, seems to me like maybe that's a better idea.
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not a fan angel anything, so does that sound right?
Speaker 3: I think that pulling money out of your shares is not the worst idea. You know, people sometimes have invested for the long term and then pulled some of their growth out for house deposits or for big purchases. What you're kind of referring to is basically weighing up the opportunity costs. So what would the potential growth in your shares be over time versus not only what you would lose to a loan, but what is the potential growth of this business. And it's obviously really hard to project success in a business, I think, especially in this economy as well. I don't want to be a negative nancy, but it is tough out there for businesses, especially small businesses. So if you haven't already, I would definitely be making sure you're doing some really solid market research around the product or the service or whatever it is that you're planning to offer. Have you checked that there is an appetite for it. Have you checked if there are competitors? Have you checked to see what the cost for your raw materials or overheads would be. Have you factored all of those things in, Because yes, it might take thirty five thousand dollars to get it off the ground, but generally speaking, there are also long term operational costs with running a business. Especially it sounds like if you're needing to invest in capital, I'm assuming you've probably got some product or maybe you need to invest in some equipment or something of that nature. So it's not just a matter of paying your upfront costs, but also making sure that well, if this business is not profitable, which there's a very good chance that it won't be because a lot of small businesses start off in the red, are you going to be able to sustain that or are you going to find yourself in a pickle twelve twenty four, thirty six months down the track.
Speaker 2: Great point, thank you. I think that.
Speaker 3: I mean, in an ideal world, you'd always leave your money in shares that you can always take advantage of the growth. But at the same time, depending on what your business is, there's also the opportunity for growth there, and you could look at it as a different kind of investment. I just think you would want to be really confident about what you hope to happen. I think it's really fun to have a dream and to go well, I think this business would be awesome, But just do everything that you can to make sure that you'll be in a good position, because you just never know, and as we all know, I'm very risk adverse, and just with everything happening in the world, there's a very good chance that you know, the cost of freight is going to continue to rise, the cost of material is going to continue to rise. So really run your numbers and look at those operational costs and make sure that you can sustain whatever it is you need to sustain for long enough to give it a red hot go, Because if you're going to give it a go, I want you to really be able to do the best you possibly can.
Speaker 2: At a great point, I think definitely do it either way, but I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Definitely make sure you can afford it. What did everybody else say? All Right, we got lots of responses, a bit of a mixed bag on this one. So the first question we asked was would you cash out your investments to back yourself and your business idea? Very close fifty four percent of people said yes, forty six percent of people said no. Then we said, if you were in this position, what would your non negotiables be before taking the leap? Fifty nine percent of you said you would want at least six to twelve months of an emergency fund, which I think is a great idea. Twenty seven percent of you said you would want the ability to rebuild your investments, which is also a great shout. Eleven percent of you said you would want to have full confidence in the idea, and three percent of you said nothing, I just go for it. Yeah, okay, giving big, big energy with that one. How we said, would you rather regret trying the business or regret never giving it a shot? Sixty nine percent of you said you would regret never giving it a go. Well, thirty one percent of you said you would regret trying and failing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then, as always, of course, we said what is your two cents? And it seems like the moral dilemma really struck a no with a lot of people. One person said, give it a shot, girl. If it works, thirty five grand will be recovered in no time. If not, at least you tried. Another person said, is the business plan time sensitive? If it can wait, I would save up. If it's urgent, you should back yourself. That's a good point, Yeah, something I hadn't considered personally. Someone else this is a three parter, said, as long as you don't do something stupid like I did, and try one of the businesses in a box more than ten thousand dollars down the drain as they were just a scammer. They went into liquidation and are living the high life between Bali and Dubai.
Speaker 2: I do regret that, my God.
Speaker 3: So again, just making sure you've really done your research with whatever you're doing. Have you maybe gotten some samples of things if it's a product, yes, to make sure it's viable, that sort of stuff. Somebody said the business could far out earn an investment in shares and provide a different kind of life, while somebody else on the flip side said investments are for future you to enjoy girls, lunches and trips to France think of her. Hell yeah, people are kind of sitting either side of the fence. This one. Someone was in agreement with you. They said, business loan rather than shares. They should be no touchy duchy. Somebody else said, and this is a great call, and I cant believe I didn't think of it.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 3: Look at business grants first, because there are a lot of grounds out there that are aimed specifically at helping small as your businesses get off the ground.
Speaker 2: Yes, true.
Speaker 3: See if you can do that, or can you raise capital in another way? Would you want to look at, you know, getting investors or something like that. It's not saying it's the right option, but it is an option. Somebody said find a way to test it first for cheaper, and then someone else has said go for it. You can always earn the money back. And I'm going to finish it on this one because I think it is just really nice. What's money for in life if not to chase the things we dream about for us or for our children. Hell yeah, I agree with that, which I think is a really beautiful sentiment, and I think it's true. I think you don't want to live your life with regrets.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But I just also, as a really anxious person, want you to do everything you can to give yourself the best chance of success.
Speaker 2: That's really beautiful, and I guess this is very helpful for money dilemma listener, because yeah, I think to board end, just enjoy as much as is responsible.
Speaker 3: I want to put that on a T shirt. Perfect fazy. Well, thank you so much for joining us, friends, That's all we've got time for. If you want to participate in our weekly dilemmas. Definitely join the Facebook group, follow us on Instagram. That's where we do all about research. We love hanging out with you. If you haven't already, made sure that you subscribe for notifications as well. Every time the podcast comes out. We're in your ears three days a week and we would love to see you so thank you so much for joining us, and wherever you're tuning in from, we'll catch you next week. By guys. Bye.
Speaker 4: The ad buy shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial.
Speaker 3: Advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 4: Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money. Sheper p t y lt D A b N three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFS L four five one two eight nine