Speaker 1: Good day everyone, Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Now today is a big, big episode. We've got the catch up, We've got all the big entertainment news.
Speaker 2: You best believe. We've got your Florida man. We've got Taylor Swift, We've got.
Speaker 1: Kanye West has gone nuts, We've got Tom and Giselle are getting divorces.
Speaker 2: Plenty to cover here.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it's going to be a great episode and plenty of laughs along the way.
Speaker 2: And a bit of footy news at the end. Who even knows. But without further ado, you got to do the seven platforms.
Speaker 1: We've got Spotify, we got Apple, we got YouTube, we've got Twitter, we've got Instagram, we've got Facebook, and we've got TikTok like shared comment everything. Get as many people following this one as possible, because we want this thing.
Speaker 2: To go to the bood. Yes, we also cover Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: But without further ado, I will introduce my partner in crime, that is Brandon Cox.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Where on earth are you? I like to this is this is I catch up with Mason Cox. Like you guys catch up with Mason Cox. I never know where you are or what you're doing, and you're always like, oh, give me a second flying into here. I'm in the uber. I'll be two minutes and then we can start the podcast. So I try to decipher where you are off the picture in the background, but I can't quite tell. It looks like some rocks or dirt or something. So are you in a place where there's rocks or dirt.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of that. I've been Mexico, Mato. I'm practicing my Spanish now. I had Spanish in like high school, and it's really gone downhill. But I've really gotten a few different words back, you know, player, which is La Beach. I've been to the beach in Whole Box, which is a place in north of Camcoon, about two hours of a remote island, played some basketball some of the local kids and stuff. Good fun, just chilled out, really just one of those ball andies, kind of just catch the vibes, catch a bit of vitamin D, a bit of the sign, jumping the water, catch back and forth between the little daybed you got there and just jumping into the ocean and back and a real relaxation. I did the f one out in Austin last week, which was awesome, and then came back over to Mexico and then now I'm going to Houston next, then New York, and then I've headed Austin again. Then I'll be back in Dallas and then from there I'll fly to Los Angeles and I'll fly over to Australia again before I go back to Northern Territory do some charity work, and then I'll be back in Melbourne sober fifth whenever my contract tells me I.
Speaker 2: Need to be. So that's my travel plans, Brandon.
Speaker 1: So next podcast, I might be in one of those places I'm not sure which.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool. I went to Mooney Ponds yesterday. Don't hear me bragging.
Speaker 1: We speaking of ponds. I feel like Melbourne's just been one big pond as of the rest, Like, since I left, essentially this place has just been torrential downpour. You got the races on today, they're since you're getting canceled, the T twenties getting canceled. We're getting into all this in the podcast. But what is going on over there? It's just been an absolute thunderstorm since I left.
Speaker 3: It's depressing, it's so depressing, it's and it's the whole East coast even no I got a tweet saying that South Australia is going to have severe thunderstorms and hail. The whole place has just gone to sheet break. We just had two years of lockdown. Now Lenina rocks up and just screws everything. Give us a break. I'm like, I just my fingers were numb coming in here, going down. The cafes closed because the stupid Melbourne cups on and everyone's out there, you know, pretending to be happy even though they're getting rained on, and it's cold and miserable and smushy, gross mud grossness. It's it's very depressing and it's so it's it's nice and refreshing seeing you. You know you don't Tan, but I've been seeing your Instagram's playing basketball in the sun. You're on the beach. It's yeah, it's great. I love it. It's so good. It sounds so good.
Speaker 1: I've got to ask this, because you know, we're a big fan of small towns.
Speaker 2: How's Rochie doing? Is Roch all right?
Speaker 3: Rotchie's gone? Man, that's gone. That's not that doesn't exist anymore. There's no Rochie. It goes almore. A sugar Rochie Gone rip. Prayers up for Rochie a Chooka. I got yeah, mates. The whole town's divided, literally, not figuratively. Literally, they divided the town with a they built like a sand bank. And there's one side of the town that just copped the big l and their house is flooded and they're done. And then there's the other side of the town that you know, you get to say dry because this levee bank that they built. So yeah, shit's going down all across the place. It's just pouring rain. It won't stop. If it was just consistent, if it was just like rain all day, happy days inside on the couch. I mean, I got work today. I'm not you know, I'm not an AFL player. I don't just get that freaking ten weeks off a year. I got shit to do. But rain all day, be windy all day, be sunny all day. Just just pick one because I'm sick of you know, optimism, just crush it, crush my optimism, because the there's only one thing worse than like there's like having no faith or you know, glimmer of hope. It's like having that and then it just gets pulled from you and having it and then pulled from you. I'll tell you what it's. It gets me fired up. And yeah, because of the stupid Melbourne cup for breakfast. They had a sausage roll and a cup of blend forty two or what forty three or whatever number. They're up to the plain coffee that they give to workers so that they don't complain about not having caffeine in their system. That's anyway, that's my morning mate.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're having it what they call a ripper, an absolute ripper.
Speaker 3: Of a day sounds.
Speaker 2: Super depressing in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's corker, it's a scorcher here in vehicle. But no, it sounds like you're having a rough one. So I apologize that your weather is not as good as up here.
Speaker 3: One thing that I will say that does fix it is the kids can't come to my house and do that stupid trick of treating stuff that you do. I don't know what the deal is. It's somehow made its way across to here. I saw some kids sitting underneath a like a like a little cover out of the rain and hail and thunder, dressed up as you know, Shrek and a fairy and a sailor or whatever the hell they were dressed up as. But does keep them away from my door because I ain't got shipped for them. But what's the deal with with Halloween? Do they wonder they celebrated in Mexico? What's going on in Mexico? Can't can't imagine there's a lot of houses with candy in Mexico or like you want your kids roaming around? What's the deal in Mexico?
Speaker 2: Not that bad? It is celebrated here.
Speaker 1: I actually was on the uber from the airport and I think I saw the whole Katy Perry you know, sharks Shark to do. People came along and they're like, you know, from the what you would call it from the music video, and they were walking across. I assume they're celebrating out here in Mexico. But the big thing here is Dia Demertos, which is like Day of the Dad that's coming up in the next few days, where they kind of honor people that have passed away, which is a pretty cool experience in Mexico on the biggest days of the year. So that's why I'm in Mexico City at the moment.
Speaker 3: But it's Mexico a safe place because in my head, they like they knock on the door, I get the little in a little package, some little the other candy, the adult candy. Here's so no, is that not what Mexico.
Speaker 2: Mexico has been fine. Mexico has been totally fine.
Speaker 1: I've been in kind of a bit of a touristy place, remote island that was hoolebash. But now I'm in Mexico City. I've only been here for about twenty four hours. So call me back again in two weeks time. We'll be able to talk about how safe it was. But I've had family be here and they've all raped about it. They said, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: What about it?
Speaker 2: I think I'll be okay, well, what about it? It's amazing that it's good?
Speaker 3: Jeez, okay what you said the other words? What about it? Anyway, I'm leaving that in. We might get other than what the R word was, might get flagged. Maybe it was just a glitch in the audio, but the so are you going to go to the favela? Am I saying that correct? In your El Spanol vella?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The oh sorry, I didn't say love bro.
Speaker 2: Speak Spanish. Break now, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm next to the major parking stuff here, so I'll go for a run and whatnot, obviously do the footy stuff, and then go to some of the cemeteries and check out some of the dee stuff they have going on, which wild be really cool, and then headed up to Houston, LA or sorry, New York for the marathon. So, if you haven't heard, Dan Churchill's podcast was the last one that came out. I'm actually going up to watch him run the marathon and I need I need help. I need help as far as the sign. So if you can think of a funny sign to give to a marathon person, if you go back and listen to the last episode, one of the best signs he said he saw was don't trust the fart as he's running forty two kilometers, so I need something that's comedic relief like that. If anyone has the idea slip into the DMS as I say, but hopefully, hopefully I get to the marathon, I have something funny for him. And then also a bit of a costume. Who knows, maybe I'll dress up for it, but it should be good fun.
Speaker 3: For a costume. Is it offensive? Now to dress up as a Mexican like with the sombrero, the mustache and the is that offensive? Can we can we do that still? Or is that no buena?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure sure, Braindon, but I will use that as a launch into the next segment because we are going to talk about whether or not it's appropriate for me to wear Yea's Yes, that is Yeasy's Kanye West's shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if this is appropriate anymore in life.
Speaker 1: We'll get into it, but before that, we'll get into the entertainment news because there's plenty of stuff going on, but we're gonna rebrand it. It's not gonna be called entertainment news. It is the water cooler Chat now cool out further too. We're gonna jump straight into it. You gotta kick it off strong. Got to kick it off strong in that the strongest couple that ever was Homage Zelle officially no more. Yes, yes, it's true. They have admitted that they were getting a divorce. They haven't divorced yet, they're the process, but it is going to happen. Unfortunately, and the power couple for decades is officially breaking up.
Speaker 2: There's no hope for love anymore. We're done. We're done.
Speaker 1: Let's just go off the dating apps of Snowpoint, Stow Point Love snow Point, which were bump finished.
Speaker 3: So last week they let me get this straight. So last week everyone was saying that they were going to get divorced. Now they've announced it officially. Tom put out a press release, which, imagine getting divorced already sucks, and imagine that you have to put out a press release to say, yeah, world, yeah, the entire world, we are getting divorced, which is it's crazy, but saying that jacking. At least from Tom's side of things, there's a bit of regret. He's they're not doing too well.
Speaker 2: The old Bucks, the Bucks are struggling too.
Speaker 1: Man, his life's not going well. At the moment, you go from super Bowl chair everything going well, you know, like.
Speaker 2: On a high. You know, He's like, you know what, I'm going to retire. I'm retiring. Oh wait, no, I'm coming back. We're gonna one more. And then it doesn't go to as well as he probably hoped from the start. So I hope they can turn around.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if they can, but Tom has got quite a few things going on in his life right now that you feel for him. But on the other side of things, right, Giselle, now single are.
Speaker 3: We are we actually going to sit here? Are we going to sit here and say we feel sorry for Tom Brady? I feel like in his lowest depths of life, it would still shop online.
Speaker 2: All of ours would all of ours, man, you can could buy all of our life.
Speaker 1: Experiences to other Tom would just sit there just laughing at us from the top of his chair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tom Brady having a bad week. He probably only made, you know, like ten million dollars, got a few more endorsements. He's playing in the NFL as a starting quarterback. Shit life, really, it would suck.
Speaker 1: I mean Tom Brady becoming one of like the Hinge Ambassador or something like that, just dating app ambassador after the bores.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure. You know, Tom having a terrible week, He's probably struggling. There would be zero offers from women. There would be nothing lined up at his door. Paul bro I don't know. Hey, I'm pretty selfless. I'm going to dive on this one. I'll say I'll swap lives with him. There you go, Tom, I'll swap lives with you. I'll cop your terrible life at the moment, and you can swap and come down to Melbourne and make sure you bring a bloody raincoat and a boat because you're going to need.
Speaker 1: It in a snorkel if you're going north to the hometown.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but what else? What else do you go for? Is I'm sick of Tom, I'm sick of him.
Speaker 1: Sick of Tom. Well, let's go to more positive news. Now, Taylor Swifts some big news. All the Swifty fans out there. My brother is a massive Swifty fan for no reason whatsoever. He literally knows every single word to every song she's ever sang. And big news just come out on the album and she is now I think broken the record, the first person to ever have the top ten spots on the Billboard charts all her, all Taylor Swift. Can you imagine that, like literally the top ten songs in the world. Yeah, all one person. That is a banger album. You can't you can't say she is not just one of the most influential people in the world right now.
Speaker 3: It does work a little bit different though, because it's like more like the Spotify, you know time where streaming, like the album drops so everyone is listening through the entire album in one go, so like that's how the numbers get up. They might think, you know, track eight is a banger, don't come at me Swifties. I don't know what track eight is.
Speaker 2: But well they will come hord.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I don't know. But yeah, I went on the Australian Top fifty or whatever on Spotify and she had it was like what's thirteen of the top fifteen as well, so like she's got depth and yeah, so I don't know. She yeah, she goes all right, and she does have catchy songs. You know another artist that I don't think anyone would want to say that they know all the words to their songs but they do is is Nickelback. Spot No Nickelback, which is like everyone hates Nickelback, but it's like, ah, look at this for and Rev. Everyone hates Nickelback, but every time, like everyone says, like sling shit at Nickelback, and then you'll just be driving a Nickelback song will come on and it'll be you just start singing along and you're like, how do I how do I know all the lyrics? Where the hell did this come from? Like I know I reckon, I know about ten of their songs, line for line, like it's insane.
Speaker 1: So would you go to a Nickelback concert if they came back, I don't know if they're.
Speaker 3: Even from I wouldn't go to.
Speaker 1: The CONCESSI comes to that like a nineties rewind concert, you know, just all of a sudden guest appearance Nickelback.
Speaker 3: There was that. There was that viral video from back in the day of like they're up on stages and people were throwing rocks at them and then the lead singer is like, if you throw one more rock, and then a rock like drills him in the head and he's like that's it. I'm out of here. So like, I don't I don't know why people hate them because it was like, oh yeah, like Nickelback's this. You know, they're being created by a recording studio. They're fake. They're not like rock stands for or whatever, like bullshit it was, But it's like yeah, but at the same time, like every hip hop artist doesn't write their own stuff, they don't produce their own beats, like no one does in this day and age. No one produces their own like real music, Like that's when we end up calling people like, oh the genius and all of that stuff. Which, speaking of musical geniuses, we've got another one coming up. What's Kanye West been up too lately?
Speaker 2: He's a little bit brydon, He's he's been a bit active. He's busy. Yeah, he's been busy, There's no doub about that.
Speaker 1: From his White Lives Matter of shirt at Paris Fashion Show to essentially him being escorted out by Sketchers. Yes, Sketchers because now Additors or Adidas is like to say, as he cut ties with him and yeasy brand, so Sketchers, he went to their head office and they literally escorted him out of Sketches. Can you imagine Sketchers. They're going, are we cool?
Speaker 2: Like? Are we cool now?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do we that Yay wants to come to Sketchers?
Speaker 1: Are we like a thing? Does he think we're like fashionable? Like we are literally marketing to seventy and eighty year old men and women, and all of a sudden, literally like Kanye West walks in the door, we have to escort him out because we think it's a joke.
Speaker 2: At that point, I think you've.
Speaker 3: Got you've got clout as well. Off the back of that. So you're like, oh, we're too good for Kanye, Like get out of here, hit that's it, kick Rocks, Buddy West sketches. We don't just collaborate with anyone.
Speaker 1: They would be chuffed. Let's just say that they'll be chuffed. But yeah, he said some inappropriate things in There's I think a lot of people would be aware of the anti Semitic stuff that he said. Obviously not a fan of it, obviously don't agree with it. But he did lose a billion or sorry, two billion dollars in a day is what he said. Two billion dollars in a day. Can you imagine that? Because essentially everyone cut taz him. You're like Vogue, his music label, Jeff def Jam, separate with him, gap Ballinciaga.
Speaker 3: I think is how you saying, yeah, I come on.
Speaker 1: His lawyer also cut ties with them. But he just went to these crazy things. And like he's done some crazy things in the past. We all know he's for asked him and Pete Davidson. You know, he's made comments like slavery was a choice, and it's just the crazy what blows my mind. I always think back to, like, Okay, the last four years where he's really kind of lost his marbles a bit.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like, this dude.
Speaker 1: Was like literally in the Oval Office like within like four or five years ago, hanging out with the president. Now I'm going like, now he's saying these things like how insane is our world we live in? Now, this just doesn't make sense whatsoever.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to digest here because you said, fastatus, could I imagine losing two billion dollars? I couldn't imagine having, you know, fifty thousand dollars, so like losing two billion would be a fair stretch. And then yeah, well he was in the Oval Office, but you know the president was Donald Trump, so it's it's crazier things have happened. And then talking about that, talking about crazy and losing your marbles and all of that. That's that's the touching point in all of this because we as the world knows, like Kanye West has like his own mental issues and he takes medication and sometimes he doesn't take medication, but it said that he's bipolar. So as the world knows that you've got this bipolar person out there, but you're also like people are egging him on pushing him further than he's saying this stuff, and then they write articles and based stuff off that. There's a bit of like you have to be held to account for your actions and what you're saying and what you're doing. But at the same time, there's some like level of obligation to like media and like people out in the public sphere to like not egg him on or things like that. Like it's a real weird like position, like like if there was any other like bipolar person out there and you're like, ah, it's crazy bipolar guy. Like he's saying this and that, and it's like he's not on his medication and he's gone crazy. Like people would be more concerned, but like because it's Kanye, and like everyone's kind of fostered this, you know, Oh, you're a genius man, and like it's all part of his genius. And yeah, like it's it's this real like I don't know where I sit with it because it's like, yeah, he's said and done all of this like terrible stuff that you can't condone. At the same time, like people can't be egging him on.
Speaker 2: You can't start people from egging him on. There's a problem. But I think you ever, like back as a kid, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like whenever someone kind of went off the rails, they just went to rehab for like six months and then came back out and everyone was like, oh, you know, they went to rehab, and like now they're better, Like Kanye is, Like whereas Kanye's I don't know his agent or whoever it is it's giving him advice in life, Like maybe he's just got to the point where he's lost those close people that kind of direct him in that sense.
Speaker 2: And obviously his mom was definitely one of them, but you.
Speaker 1: Kind of think who is his right hand man that's saying, look, man, like pull your head in, like we all need one of those, you know, we all need one of those. And like he's definitely gone, you know, too far one way. But yeah, I mean, who knows, who knows what's going to happen, But it's going to be an interesting Oh I don't know, it's going to interesting fall out from his standpoint, And I just want to know, Like I've got a pair of Yeezies, is it actually appropriate to even wear them anymore? Like in the world, Like I feel like now I just have to throw those things out.
Speaker 2: They're expensive but not cheap.
Speaker 3: It's a good point because it's like maybe a pre impost. So it's like, did you buy them before he said bad things? Did you purchase them after? You can't be buying them after, but if you had them before, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting one. They're very comfortable shootes. I will say, I'm not sitting there. I can't really say too much, and then it sounds like I'm supporting this crazy human, but I'm sure nice people around him that were able to make the shoes.
Speaker 2: Not really him.
Speaker 3: Let me pose you another question. Can you or do you listen to Michael Jackson's music?
Speaker 1: Now we're getting into the depths. I do listen to Michael Jackson's music. I know this kind of came up. I remember this in the media too, but I do.
Speaker 2: Not often.
Speaker 1: I'm not like a, yeah, this is me digging my own hoole braid and shit, I do listen to it. I still listen to Kanye West as like old school music before he went crazy, of like the Dropout album was insane, one of the best albums to ever be written, I think, But I think because of that, it's crazy it's like, you know, because he had that fame early and everything else is kind of what we're seeing now as almost a side effect of fame to another level that none of us can really understand because none of us have really been there. He's probably one of the only people in the world that's really been through the same circumstances and become this person that he is through his life experiences. So you know, there's I think the big thing is do you I know, the biggest question in the media is do you separate the person from the art? And that's like the big question mark I think a lot of people are having, like do you can you separate the person that might be a little bit nuts or done something crazy or terrible in their past from the art they created that is everlasting. Like I'm not really sure where I fall on that, because like, yeah, I don't know what the right answer is, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it. So it's like, can you look the other way Kelly? All the stuff that he did with children, but ignition it's kind of a banger, you know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should always say those two things together, banger and ignition.
Speaker 2: I'm just clear of the word banger Bradion. Whenever you talk about these kind of items are.
Speaker 3: I'm just agreeing with what you said. You can definitely look the other way. You have no morals. That's great, that's cool. It's good that that's the way that you've justified it in your own head. That's fine.
Speaker 1: That's so, that's very kind of you, well, talking about no morals and no ethics and being able to speak your mind.
Speaker 2: Let's get to.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk has bought Twitter.
Speaker 2: He is the essentially king of Twitter.
Speaker 3: He's the chief twit man him Twitter.
Speaker 1: Actually it's quite clever, it's quite funny. But now, in all honesty, he has you know, taken over Twitter. He's look to, you know, sack a whole bunch of people in there. He's already sacked a bunch of board members and he's really just gone, you know, crazy this. I don't know what if it's good or bad or ugly or kind of where we sit on this whole thing right now, I'll be interested to know you're kind of aspect on it and whether you think it is going to be a positive or negative for someone of profile getting something that big that is such a social media platform. Or news and everything is shared so much from it, Like what do you what do you think? Do you think it's you know, it's good for the platform, and maybe have someone who's not, you know, just a typical boardroom kind of person who's got the NBA and has done XYZ and created these companies whatever it is, or someone who's been out there and just a bit of an outcast I think.
Speaker 3: And this is off the top of the dome. He's becoming. He's like a wolf in sheep's clothing. He's it's essentially a twenty twenty two version of Rupert Murdock. You know, these like super rich guys that have control over a platform that connects directly to people and passes on information good, bad, or indifferent. So it's like Rupert Murdock obviously owns half the world's news papers, channels everything, and can just tell people what to think and feel. And that's incredibly dangerous for a guy that has that much money. Is it much different to this situation with Elon, Like he can communicate directly to people, he gets to dictate what news can and can't be seen by people. It's kind of just another rich guy with a massive platform. To spread whatever information that he sees fit. So is it no doubt?
Speaker 1: And you think about even back to like whenever he did the crypto thing whenever like Dodgecore, dogecoin, whatever it was, you know, and he like tweets one thing and it just goes nuts and he makes a bunch of money off it. It's like, now he owns that platform that essentially created that spike, so can he now essentially manipulate markets like that?
Speaker 2: Like there's so many little things, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, do we do we need to involve the government whenever it becomes you know, or maybe some kind of regulation wherever it is to whenever it comes to social media sites or whether it be you know, people that share news or news platforms that you know have the ability. And then I guess the audience that Twitter has, which is worldwide, Like do we need to involve some kind of restriction and regulation around it? Or is this essentially a free speech platform?
Speaker 3: I feel like it uses those vessels as a way to kind of nique past all the regulation, so things like free speech is back and it's alive and well, and like creating around saying that you kind of I did this, so you can have like your freedom of speech back and stuff. But it's like, I feel like that's the pr side of things, like putting that out there, like you're doing it for that reason. But really it's the stuff that, like you said, it's like market manipulation and things like that that he would see massive value in because you wouldn't be spending tens of billions of dollars on a company not knowing how you're going to use it to make that money back and make it back quickly for you and your investors.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I love the way that Elon pushes the status quo of what's acceptable, what's done. You know, like not many people would say I'm just going to all of a sudden buy Twitter, which is one of the biggest companies in the world at the moment, Like that doesn't exist, whether it be oh, I'm going to put people on Mars and try to you know, populate Mars and things like that. I think people that you need to have break the mold of what's possible, and those are the people really kind of push civilization forward.
Speaker 2: And he's done that.
Speaker 1: But also it's kind of goes to the point you get to a certain part where you go as he pushed a little bit too far in the wrong direction, or maybe he's pushed something that he shouldn't have pushed. And I think this Twitter thing, I don't think it's gonna be great for him. I just can't see this being a positive pr you know, adventure for him. I think he's gonna turn just upside down and Twitter will go back to being owned by someone else and we'll buy it out from him wherever it is. But I think he's he's putting himself in front of a fire. He's not really prepared for a thing.
Speaker 3: This week. We have an absolute a Kelly banger for a Florida me. Let's try to hype it up, he said, hype it up anyway, We've got.
Speaker 2: To flog r Kelly probably. Okay, so this is making the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. So we've got a Florida team this week. And what did he do well? He won a competition by capturing twenty eight, not twenty, not ten, not five, not twenty five, twenty eight Burmese pythons. Now you're asking, how do you do this? What's this all about? What's this sir? What's this competition? What tell me more well, I will. Nineteen year old South Florida man captured twenty eight Burmese pythons during a ten day competition and capp in a couple of day. It was created to increase awareness about the threats of invasive snakes and what they can do to the ecosystem over there in Florida. He won ten thousand dollars for capturing the most snakes. But what about the longest snake? Well that went to dust and Crumb. Dusty Crumb, Dusty Crumb.
Speaker 2: That's his name, respect it, he got it? How big was a snake? Dusty Crumb?
Speaker 3: Dusty Crumb pulled in an absolute woppler. He got fifteen hundred bucks for catching an eleven foot python. That's how big fella, he says. He just roams around in the in the glades, in the in the swamp with a torch and just catches him as they're moving from A to b. That just sounds dumb as shit.
Speaker 2: Dustin't Crumb on the hunt for the biggest python?
Speaker 3: Oh, Dusty Crumb, this is I'm still stuck on that name, all right, Moving on to the next one. This one is this one's interesting. US woman unleashes thousands of bees on police officers to protest an eviction. So she wasn't being evicted. It was someone else in a different county. This lady drove twenty miles to another county because there was a group of people pro testing this eviction. Now I don't want to get down into that because that's not the story. Who knows, who cares about what? Who was getting evicted for what? Anyway, this lady rocks up. Deputy is from the Sheriff's department in Hampton County, Massachusets sits Massachusetts is that's how you say it, Massisett, Massachustee. They were going there to serve in eviction order. But here comes Rory's Rory Susan Woods, fifty year old, fifty five year old resident of Hadley, Hamden County. That's twenty miles down the road. She drove up with a trailer full of bee hives, like stacked and when they when she gets there, she jumps out and she's wearing full kit. She's ready to rock like some kind of like evil villain. She got like the well maybe vigilandi. Maybe she's the good person. I don't know, but she's wearing the full bee keeper outfit and she gets out and she's like she's attack and like starting ripping the lids off these bee hives. And there's pictures of this. That's great, we'll put them on the Instagram. So she's ripping lids off and she's like get them, and then like thousands of bees starting attacking the police officers and like she keeps trying to like knock over the bee hives and they're like half arresting her and stuff.
Speaker 1: She's essentially used a deadly weapon that is bees, giving herself and ned Kelly outfit to protect herself from the bees coming in attacking her, and used him against the police from a conviction. That is insane to think that someone goes through their heads like she's going to be a beekeeper surely and like just that's I mean, technically happen.
Speaker 2: To just stumble over. Sorry, good one.
Speaker 3: You're a big NASCAR fit.
Speaker 2: You best believe in Dale her and her jun is one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Brother, have you legitimately been to like NASCAR like event, No.
Speaker 2: I've never been to NASCAR race.
Speaker 1: Well, Texas Motor Speedway was around the corner from my house, and believe me, the people that went to those was unique to say the least were what you would call a bogan in Australia or a redneck in America.
Speaker 3: So but bare minimum you would obviously know who Ross Chastain is, right.
Speaker 2: Of course, one of the best, one of the greatest.
Speaker 3: Oss.
Speaker 2: He's been in the news this week.
Speaker 3: He has been in the news this week. He he pulled off an incredible move. It was it was like something out of a video game, but kind of literally. So he was sitting at eleven. Everyone that he was racing against slows down to take the last turn before going across the finish line. Everyone except for Ross. Ross is humming down the back straight in fifth, keeps it in fifth, foot flat to the floor, goes up to the wall that surrounds the track, grinds around the wall and kind of like sling shots around the last corner, passes six in front of him, and finishes in fifth. So he's gone from eleventh to fifth on the last corner. He was interviewed after the race and this is where he said he got his idea from.
Speaker 4: Played a lot of Dass Car two thousand and five on the GameCube with Chad growing up and you could get away with it, and I never knew if it would actually work.
Speaker 3: And I've I mean i've done.
Speaker 4: I did that when I was eight years old and I grabbed fifth gear. I asked off of two on the last lap if we needed it, and we did. I couldn't say who was leading, and I just made the choice. I grabbed fifth, geared down the back and full committed one thing. I guess, so will I basically might go to the wheel. I just hope I didn't catch the turn four access gate or something crazy, but I was willing to do it.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: So straight from the GameCube. He played GameCube Nascar on the game cube as a kid, and it worked when he played back in the day, and it worked in real life side what.
Speaker 1: An insane human can you imagine being his pit crew and he's just.
Speaker 2: Wrecked the car, absolutely totaled the car.
Speaker 1: Just literally slingshoting himself with some triple force around the back turn of the last turn. If you went from eleventh to that to what fifth man, that's a fair amount of like difference. That's actually I mean, the payday between that might actually pay for the car that he absolutely totaled. But I just love the fact that he admitted like he had no clue. He just he just winked it. He was like, you know what, done this on a game cube. I'm gonna trust some game developers out there that this actually works in real life.
Speaker 2: And he just absolutely full gun hose it into the freaking corner and just slingshots him up and he like gets behind this other guy and goes over. It was like perfect, perfect time into It was a phenomenal move. Credit to him where credits due. And it takes some guts, some absolute guts, cause you imagine if he just clicked something and he goes straight into four other cars and you just go, oh wait, awesome, you just made seriously a whole pile up wreck just because you wanted to slingshot into fifth you prick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be the freakiest part if there's a little bit of anything like sticking out, like a little rail or a safety guard or an exit, like he hits that and probably just launches into the stratosphere and it's game over for Ross. But yeah, it was nuts, like to just call ahead, well not call ahead, you don't phone them, but few comps to say hey, do we need this, and they're like, yeah, buddy, like eleventh is shit, and he's like, I'm going full send. I don't even know if they knew what his thoughts were, what his plan was, So I can't imagine that your team's like, yeah, buddy, keep it in fifth flat to the floor and just grind the rail and hit the line like it's pretty insane. But it was sick to see. It was like something straight out of Talladega Knights, like something straight out of a movie. And first or last yeah, exactly. Moving into the footy chat, there's been a lot of touchy subjects popping up lately, investigations into very significant issues across the board in the AFL, But there is one that jumps to mind, and it's around concussion and concussion protocols. And we've spoken about concussion a lot on this podcast because a teammate that you have, I don't know if you know him, Jack Innovan, had been tackled a lot higher this year, so there was some concern there. Now we know that the AFL launched a multimillion dollar study back in twenty fourteen that promised groundbreaking findings in the area of long term effects of concussion and CTE and things like that. And now you know, fast forward to twenty what are we twenty twenty two and haven't heard a lot from that investigation. Haven't heard a lot And the study finished a couple of years ago. The findings from it, it's a little murky. Maybe didn't do the best job. At the end of the day, we want to play a safety paramount number one. So have you looked into any of these findings? Have you seen the outcome of the investigation into the original study, Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: It's it's unique, and it's embarrassing, as probably the word I think that the AFO would.
Speaker 2: Probably agree on.
Speaker 1: They're not wanting this to be a media thing because I know, concussions a major, a major kind of focal point in the game of the moment, and it's going to be in the future and there's going to be a lot of questions around it given the fact there's a lot more research going into it. And I remember in twenty fourteen I came here and that was my first year, and I remember they're going, oh, we've got this groundbreaking thing we're doing, you know, this research project to understand concussions and CTE and everything around it, you know, and we're going to involve past players and you know, hoolah, hoop blah, you know, everyone applaud us. We're going to do this amazing thing. And then I kind of just never heard about it. I was like, what's going on? Like what was kind of the you know, the fallout from this? What happened? Like where do we get to? What kind of research should we get into? What do we find? You whatever it is? And you know, I've read some up on it and said it found the research. This is the people who reviewed this whole thing. They said it found the research project was underfunded and under resource and suffered from a lack of governance, stewardship, and coordination, and how it was rolled out and implemented and how it simultaneously accommodated clinical and research objectives. Now, if the reviews people are saying that about your groundbreaking experiments.
Speaker 2: That is not a good sign.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, that is a, like I said, an embarrassment that the AFL has now had to front up in front of and say, you know, we we stuffed up. They've had to apologize the past players and say essentially, you know, the review that they you know, were groundbreaking with is you know, was poorly put together, in poorly constructioned constructed, and nothing came from it. So you're starting to hear I think a lot of things in the media now from ex players coming out saying that, you know, they were asking, what's going on with the information that I've provided, have we gone to this and they were getting nothing back.
Speaker 2: And you can imagine, you.
Speaker 1: Know, if you're an ex player who's gone through this for a long time and maybe is suffering some kind of symptoms from you know, concussions that they had playing back in the day, and you want to be heard, and the IFL, you know, said that they were going to give them a platform to be heard and to be understood and everything else, and then came back and essentially just told them, you know, it just didn't work out, and they brought on a guy who's now you know, being accused of plagiarism, which is crazy enough. So it's it's a real quote unquote shit show, I would say for the IFL at the moment with everything going on, and I think at the end of the day, you just really feel for those people that were promised, you know, a bit of understanding of what's going on and you know, maybe where their future is going to lie with their mental health and their everything else that's going on in their life. Have kind of been you know, disillusioned by the IFL to to say that they're actually going to do something about it and be able to help them. So you feel for those people as that people are really kind of you know, look at this whole thing and say, you know what, like.
Speaker 2: Those are those the people we really feel sorry.
Speaker 1: For, and you know them and the families of people like poly Farmer and Fraley and Shane Talk and all them, and you know, they want to see a step forward in this whole experience, in this whole process, and then today this week's been kind of a step backwards, I would say, in the whole process.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, it could be really bad news for the AFL, and I know that that's not the primary objective of it, Like the primary objective is player safety from now and forever. But at the same time, this could end in lawsuits and get tied up in legal findings, so like I can see that it's tricky for them to be like they're caught up in Okay, we want to find out the truth and bring in preventative measures. But at the same time, we don't want to be sued into the dirt and not exist anymore. The athletes will want to find out the results, find out the science behind it, and move forward quickly. But the AFL just won't be able to move at the speed I don't think that they'll they'll want to move at and it'll just be a frustrating and you know, tricky situation for both parties. It's just gonna get messier and messier. I feel like it's just going to be one of the biggest topics in sport. We've talked about it for years, but it's and it is. It is the biggest topic in sport now. I'd like to get your take on this because that's what I see in the AFL. They've brought in preventative measures, so you get the concussion two weeks off non negotiable. There's a two action the slinging motion in a tackle, you hit their head on the ground, that's weeks. You go the bump and you hit the head. It doesn't matter if that's an accident or not. That's weeks. But then there's spectacles in our game that everyone knows and loves, in particular the specky. So right now, as it stands, you can go up, take a specy neeed someone in the back of the skull. You cauld kill a person and take a mark. There's zero repercussion, zero like fall back like you could do some serious, serious damage. In combat sports, you're not allowed to hit the back of the head let alone, you know other sports, so you're allowed to need someone in the back of the skull just to take a specky because we don't want to take that aspect of our game away. But it'll come to a crossroads in the future where it'll be like are we fully serious or are we serious for most of the things, but we let other things through because we like that spectacular in our game. Where do you see it going?
Speaker 1: I think over the years, the more we understand this, the less contact the game's going to be.
Speaker 2: We've seen it. We've seen it over the last thirty years.
Speaker 1: You know, people used to simply a punch on in the middle of the games, and that doesn't happen anymore. It's only going to keep going in that direction. I think you talk about specky's are going to be a question mark. You know, obviously center Bounces has become a focal point in the last few years and things along those lines. And I think on myself, like I'm a ruckman who wears a shin guard. It's like if I stick that shin guard going full speed into the back of someone's head, like we're going hop there's no doubt about that. Like they're for sure going to go to hospital. And like I said, it's not going to go away for the AFL anytime soon. It's going to be a talking point that's going to continue on. And unfortunately, that's something they're gonna have to deal with. And it's not really unfortunate. It's something they should have to deal with being a contact sport, and that's just part of the game of trying to understand what's going on. And yeah, the game is definitely going to change.
Speaker 2: I think it will change quite a bit in the future.
Speaker 1: And you know, we're seeing slowly things being implemented, like you said, through those and through head high tackles and singing all that kind of stuff that was probably just ignored in previous years that now are being a focal point because I know that there's leading to longer term health effects. And as a league, if you're understanding of that and you know that's a you know, a repercussion of something that is something you might be able to pre you know, to prevent, then it's your duty of care to make sure that does happen. And that's why you have the MRO, that's why you have suspensions, that's why you have things to de incentivize players from doing that. Otherwise it just be a free for all. So I think they're heading the right direction. Even even with this can cush some research and stuff, it was the right idea terrible execution, and they'd be probably understanding of that, and they probably admit to that. But I think whenever it comes to CT's concussions and everything else, this is going to be get more and more protective and more and more, you know, a headline on a weekly and monthly and yearly basis for the AFL and contact sport in general, whether it be the NFL, you know, a FL basketball, whatever it is that you know there is contact. This is going to be something that you know, maybe the world needed to come together and say, let's get the top you know, the top doctors and every country to come together and try to really figure this out and see where we can minimize it and you know, make everyone better for it.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, it's going to land on a compromise of you can't stop all contact, We'll do as much as we can to implement preventative measures moving forward, and then you're just going to have to agree as an athlete in whatever league that, Okay, I agree with the preventative measures, and that the company, the league or whatever is trying to prevent cting concussion as much as possible. Then everything on top of that going forward, I understand that I'm putting myself in risk.
Speaker 1: You talked about the differences and you know, the two two week concussion things, full support of that. I know some people might be in, you know, up in arms about finals and missing finals and that stuff, and it's like, you know, it's all about player welfare in the long term mental health, and you know where you're going to be from a health perspective once you finish football, like you've got a life to live after it.
Speaker 2: You know, it doesn't end once your football career ends.
Speaker 1: And I think whenever you're a company like the IFL, you know you have to put your employee's health as a top priority. And that's that's that's their you know, that's what they have to do. That is their responsibility. And they're going to have to continually keep updating rules and regulations and doing things to be able to try to do that to the best of their ability. And as you said, as a foet, you're gonna have to sit there and say, do I think that.
Speaker 2: They uphold a high moral standard?
Speaker 1: Remember it comes to you know, had to eye contact or you know, things that are going to cause issues down the road.
Speaker 3: There's always a sports.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: It's a very good point you make.
Speaker 2: I want to finish on something.
Speaker 1: I want to fish on, finish a good note, on a positive note, a light note. And this week, you know, I've been hanging out with a few Aussies in America and they've told me some interesting things. They're like, how do you explain as an American in Australia back home in America, how do you explain some of the Australian slangs you've got give me a rundown and maybe where you think they came from, what they mean, et cetera. Right, I'm also sling through these get a dog up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like with our stuff it could be positive or negative. It's get a big dog up. Her means stuff you. I don't know. That's that's my explanation.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got stuff you. Next one bloody oath.
Speaker 3: Mate means absolutely friend, Okay.
Speaker 2: Absolutely struth. Where does struth come from?
Speaker 3: Well, struth almost means kraaky.
Speaker 2: Where does krikee come from? Crocodile dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. No, it s truth and krikey. It just mean it's a it's like an exclamation.
Speaker 2: Okay, stone the flame and crows.
Speaker 3: That's like bloody how the bloody how? It would be like God, damn it? And then you can't say God over there? Can you just damn it? Let's just go with damn it. That crack the shits is that that self explained? You're upset. I cracked the ships before when all the stores were closed and I had to have a bloody sausage roll for breakfast, the sausage roll and a coffee.
Speaker 1: Crack the ships comes from. Though, Cold as a mother in law's kiss is one of my favorite ones.
Speaker 3: Well, that just means it's it's cold, but it's more, it's more like through actions. Like I wouldn't say the weather's as cold as a mother mother in law's kids. I wouldn't say that. I'd say like something that's like, you know, ice cold, like someone's like heartless, colder than a lawd's kiss.
Speaker 1: All right, now, the last one, and this is the greatest one, all because I still don't understand it.
Speaker 2: We're not here to fuck to spiders. It's like we're spiders.
Speaker 3: We're here for a reason. We're not here to fuck spiders. We're here to do I don't know what you guys do back in America in the world.
Speaker 1: Is someone just sitting there going you know what? I think this is a good saying. We're not here to fuck spot as Mike.
Speaker 3: Like, it's pretty hard to fuck with spider up. Imagine it's not the easiest task, but that just means that you're there to do the job. And yeah, I don't know what you guys do in America. A bunch of spiderfucker's over there, but we're not. We're not here.
Speaker 2: There is one place to do it, to be Florida. We will end there.
Speaker 1: It's been a lot, it's been heavier times, it's been like hard at times, but unfortunately Tom and Giselle have divorced or going to in. Taylor Swift's at the top of the charts and Kanye's crazy, So nothing has changed in all honesty, but we.
Speaker 2: Have had a bit of fun with it.
Speaker 1: The Cooler chat, the Florida Man, as always is always one of the best, the men who caught what was his name, Dustin, Dusty Crumb, Dusty Crumb with eleven Foot Python. There's been plenty we've covered here, but as always, I just want to say massive thank you everyone for tuning in. It's been a great podcast. We've got Spotify, Apple Music, We've got Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, chuck us a follow, like, heart, comment, share with your mates, everything else. We're trying to build this as much as possible. We get some great news coming up. I have yet to release. We have got some big news for the podcast. It is big, big news, and once that time comes around, I'm telling you and go oh, we're about to launch absolutely lounge people.
Speaker 3: When are you back? But when are you back?
Speaker 1: Get back November twentieth, and I think I'd duck off to the Northern Territory do some charity stuff up there, but I will be back December fifth because I have to my contractual agreements and be able to start training, so I will be back to Super fifth in the same ban as you. We will get back to it before then, but we might do a podcast on the twenty. It just a little catch up of the off season. But like I said, follow us on all seven platforms. Thanks again, have an amazing week ahead of you, and go pause.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know why I said that, but I'm just figuring why not.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it.