Speaker 1: The christ Jan O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Noldurn's Gold one oh four point three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchman, this is the Chris Johan o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, Bats, you are the best news reader I've ever worked with. Thank you, No, simisy, you really listen to Patsy's news? Got the voice? Yeah, comm on you do. Jack and I were just obviously we're getting ready for the show and that, but we were both on our headphones on we were listening to your news. We feel like we're up today. We know what happened that Tennis ashes out my favorite bit of the six o'clock bulletin. Do you know what it is? It's the finance stuff.
Speaker 3: I like the finance. You're a money man.
Speaker 2: You know it's not for me. But I'm kind of think, you know, I guess because I have in my mind the kind of person listens to this part of the show is naked in bed, exhausted, and suddenly they go, oh do you do that about the dal jokes? And also what time are you giving away? Those Phil Collins tickets as well. They're both interested in the stock markets around the world and they want to win Phil Collins tickets. We tick both boxes on this show. I love the fact that you do the financial stuff because I even cast an ear over it, and I don't really understand the world markets whatsoever. It's not my job to, but I do always go interesting about what's happening with the down Jones. Do you know what I just read on Dow Jones is none of one of the most policing words to say, like Roland Garrosh Dow Jones drop into a conversation and it gives you an air of intelligence.
Speaker 4: Should all three of us put a little bit of money into the down Jones.
Speaker 2: So that we can at least celebrate or mourn together when it goes. We then invested with a six o'clock finance update. But it's not there at seven, eight or nine? Is it past there at eight? Why is it at seven or nine?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you right, I just read.
Speaker 2: So what financial people they don't care about what's going on with the down Jones seven.
Speaker 3: Were eating breakfast and having coffee points.
Speaker 2: They just their button bring out or something or They're sat in front of a load of monitors with all the stock markets sound in so right now in Africa and hour's time, Pats, He's going to update us. Then we can get all this online right now, sir, don't touch it.
Speaker 3: Wake the girl.
Speaker 2: Those stocks can't be trusted.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: On today's show them back for twenty nineteen Facebook Marketplace. The prices right got loads of various strange chat for Jack and Pats are trying to guess how much people are asking for it. Also, we need to talk about Mary flipping condo. Honestly has ruined my life, but I think is making everybody that works in op shops in Melbourne. They must be having the best New year ever with just bags and bags and bags and stuff as people are decluttering and working out what brings them spark of jay. So we've got to get into Mary Flipping Condo. Later on this morning. My dad went to the tennis yesterday, was there at the quarter finals during the day. We've got a full report of how we got on with that. And also we have a brand new song from the New Singing sensation that we debuted world premiere on the show yesterday. For your Phil Connins tickets and the Field Connors tickets this week aren't any kind of normal Field Connors tickets. These are tickets that can be upgraded this week to front row and a backstage tour as well. You'd be the envy of friends. But Filipino Conins is back. Shanon is back with a brand new Filipino version of a classic phild Connins song. Today's one is a beautiful, beautiful cover version. Start's Waiting for You at seven thirty this morning. Now, before that, this time yesterday on the show, we were just talking about who listens and only listens to this first hour of the show. As Jack and I were saying yesterday, it's actually our favorite hour of the show. Now we can only say this to you now we start saying this after seven when the other lot turn up, they're gonna get upset if we say, listen our most relaxed and favorite part of the show. And it's a bit lucy Goosey is six to seven. The Boss hasn't woken up yet. You know, she had another big night yesterday gambling, so she doesn't really get out of bed till about all eight or nine o'clock, so she doesn't hear six till seven. But there are people that we started to speak to quite a few yesterday that only ever hear this part of the show. Now, some of you end up listening for longer, which we love the fact. That's great, thank you very much for that. But some of you only ever tune in early doors from six to seven. If we're talking to you, and that is you right now, please give us a call, Jack, who is it? We've spoke to you yesterday. We had some great calls yesterday.
Speaker 4: We had Kathy who is the arborist. Her and her husband the.
Speaker 2: What They are married and they work together and they maintain trees for the council.
Speaker 4: And she promised that we could use her cherry picker if we need it for anything on the show.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound right when you said that a lady has offered us to use her cherry picker for any day. And then was the lady that works in horse quarantine.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, she sees all the race horses coming or also a lot of donkeys.
Speaker 2: We didn't know. We found something you out yesterday that there is a big market for donkey imports in Melbourne. About an hour and a half into yesterday, Shaft to talker to this lady and I was just speculating, where are all these donkeys that are being brought into Melbourne? Where do we see them? I don't see any donkeys around. And a guy just texted the show simply saying, not good morning Christian or anything like that, but there's a donkey and lang lang one single donki. That's it, one single donkey. So anyway, if you only listen to the early part of the show, give us a call. You might be on your way to work. You might be on your way home from work. You might just be lying in bed trying to muster up the energy to get out and go to work today. Give us a call. Nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian oh' connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So this morning we want to get to know you better. If you only ever hear this part of the show. Some people don't even rock up to even do this part of their own breakfast show. That's not that rare. I'll get there at seven o'clock when they're a bit more better dressed and better behavior. I don't really want to don't talk to that six hound rebel was. We love doing this part of the show and we want to get to know you better if you only ever hear this part of the show. So, if that's you, give us a call this morning so we can say hi. Nine four one four one four three. All right, let's take some calls this morning, say hello, Nicole, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, how are you all?
Speaker 2: We're good this morning? The car and I hope you're well? And what are you up to? And this time of the show.
Speaker 6: Well, I get in the car just as you guys generally come on, and I only get to listen for about thirty five minutes as I drive to work.
Speaker 2: So what do you do for living? Why don't you are you're not allowed to listen to the radio? Thank?
Speaker 6: I work for the text office.
Speaker 2: No radios, no radios, no humor, no music. Craig is, So is it just like a really silent office? What's the noise in the office? What do you do? Ah?
Speaker 6: I actually work as an EA that's generally around us on the floors. There's lots of orditing areas and that. So they're all accountants and all that sort of thing, head down, bum up.
Speaker 4: Really so mean, I don't I don't think I've ever been into an office or walk through an office that has no music playing in the background.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, nothing at all, not even in the elevators.
Speaker 2: Now is that hard or do you do they think that they that you guys need that to focus and concentrate looking at all those numbers on screens, And well, I have a I.
Speaker 6: Take the work a set of little ear plugs and put in if everyone else has gone around and realized.
Speaker 4: To stick those in.
Speaker 2: See, So what were you listened to? We listened to a podcast or.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just generally some music that's on the phar on my phone because you just can't get very good reception anyway in there, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's not like a company policy you can't listen to any music, just going to crunch the numbers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's quite.
Speaker 2: Can you do me a favor? Can you go and find the department then look after my tax accounts there and let them know I generally do run a gardening business. Okay, I just I just drop in here, do a couple of links. But I am a self employed gardener, Okay, just so everyone understands it's a legit business.
Speaker 6: Noble a chat.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, that's it. Yeah, she's found my file. Now, okay Gardener first, DJ second, Okay, all right, Nicole, thanks for giving us a call. We have a good day crunching those numbers.
Speaker 6: You do buy all right?
Speaker 2: Do you know Pats has never paid tax in her life? Hugger Off told me the day, never paid never paid tax in her life. She said to me other day. She's got some sort of back door sort of arrangement stuff that all the money gets paid into an account and Papa new gives you sure account.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a regular pool.
Speaker 2: Gavin, Good morning, big g Welcome to the show. What are you up to this time of the show there, buddy, Yeah, and what do you do? You sund like you're in a saw mill.
Speaker 7: I'll work in the I've got a look to restaurants, safes and all that.
Speaker 2: Now, you see, if you're a milkman, then you're starting. You guys work horrendous hours. You work during the night.
Speaker 7: Yes, I start like about twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: In the morning, twelve thirteen. Oh god, that's horrendous. So what do you sp try and sleep during the day. How are you doing at the moment it's so hot?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's called air conditioning.
Speaker 2: What you're sleeping in the back of the milk float or something cutting up to the milk to keep cool.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I've done that.
Speaker 2: And have you got a milk float or is it like a van a truck for millions of truck yep? And if you got gold on are we number one in your presetsir? Thank you very much? This guy was that guy out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks Gavin, have a good Day's hy grandpa? Actually he was in a milkman back in the day of when you drove around to every house and we put the glass milk.
Speaker 2: The day you have like the open cart. It's called a milk float in the UK.
Speaker 4: It was honestly when he first st he had a horse and cut Yeah really that's amazing horse. This is in the Hartleburg Preston area. The horse would clopped down the street, he would jump out and go and put the milk on.
Speaker 2: And that it used to be delivered and everyone got the milk delivered. Now they don't really do that anymore, but you still always be on your doorstep. And remember there was like a big campaign to look out for old people. You'd always have to look go past their house. If you saw the milk bottles hadn't been collected from their front doorstop, that was like an early indication that they weren't very well. And you go and knock on the door and just checked that they were alive.
Speaker 4: Whose idea wasn't to put just milk back in the shops.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a shame, isn't it, because you used to know everyone knew their local we used to call the milkies, but you knew who that was. It was like a real character in the neighborhood. When they would come around. Then they did like orange juice. Do you think it's when it started to become like lactose free milk. And now in a place the other day and I asked for my normal Ponsi chai latte and then they said what kind of milk do you want? And I went, oh, you know, normal milk, and they looked at me like I wanted to die. They went Rmond, not chying, not sorry, sorry, not normal and normal? Jeez, you know this guy, oh death wish out the front there. I dust off the full cream. No one someone medding.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we started this yesterday on this day in mystery, we take you to this exact date at some point in history, got to work out what thing happened yesterday. Jack was in charge of it. This morning. It goes to on this day, mystery, on this day.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's me today, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Patsy, what have you got for us today?
Speaker 5: Then January the January twenty third, my mom's birthday as well.
Speaker 2: And you two lovely ladies going up for lunch today? Perhaps what are you can do with mom?
Speaker 3: Well we might not be.
Speaker 2: T ba.
Speaker 5: Audrey was up all night sick last night.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, don't try that old Yes, she's on sick little pet. Oh that's what we can't the sick kid coming on too.
Speaker 3: Can't wait till school goes back?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I think?
Speaker 3: My kids exhausted?
Speaker 2: When did they get I don't think my kids are ever going back. I just since we permanently got them off.
Speaker 3: Mine's on a sabbatical.
Speaker 2: When does Autie go backb yeah, same a week after next. I just presumed it was next.
Speaker 3: Week, Like she's at university already all right, So.
Speaker 2: It's just the thing in history that when they go up two hundred years ago, our children broke up.
Speaker 5: I would have read this headline on the show If We're Around on this day back in eighty six, that James Brown and Elvis were the first ever artists to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it started.
Speaker 2: That late, and it's right that it was Elvis to be one of the first women inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Where is the rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Does it actually exist in the US?
Speaker 5: It's the US rock and Roll an actual like the League of Justice building?
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 2: Is it somewhere you can go and visit?
Speaker 4: That's a good question, Like is that an actual hall with posters on that?
Speaker 3: It's sony and better than.
Speaker 2: Posters of blue tack sticking them up enduring pins on the back of a door. It's a picture of Elvis and Chuck Berry.
Speaker 5: Also, the toy that's been enjoyed by generations if Kids was invented on this day back in fifty seven, the Frisbee.
Speaker 2: I wonder what was it? Originally? Was that the original name. What was it?
Speaker 3: No, it was originally called the Pluto platter.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, Marty mcfi invented the frisbee and back.
Speaker 2: That was the hollba fas fake facts.
Speaker 5: But boys, it's this day in history that really strikes a chord with us. After it's it made its stay boot back in nineteen eighty three, have a listen.
Speaker 8: In eighteen seventy two, crack Commander it was sent to prison by a military Chris springs me.
Speaker 2: So much joyed.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Was just stopping it there on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't get too much away.
Speaker 4: It's kind of all I didn't. I mean, I didn't even watch the TV show, but I know what that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you heathen, you didn't watch it.
Speaker 4: By the time I came along, I wasn't on TV anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't have forget he's younger than us. That's just hearing that intro is like the soundtrack of my childhood. That made me so happy. I that was my favorite TV show as a kid. Absolutely, So it's the A Team, Yeah, yes, it is right. Okay, So what we want this morning is for people to call in. Can anyone actually recite without going to the Internet. That intro had one of the greatest TV intros ever. I reckon I can get the first couple of words. In nineteen seventy four, a Crack commando unit were.
Speaker 4: You know what, I should be able to do it because hamish and use that as the introo just to love it.
Speaker 5: Actually seventy two you should remember that's.
Speaker 2: How nineteen seventy two a Crack Commando unit were something like not banished to the LA underground.
Speaker 4: To prison where we need to go to someone calling right now?
Speaker 2: Then? All right, calling right now? Don't jump on Google, don't cheat. Is there any one that can have a better go. I've only got the first couple of lines of it. I first got the words of it to the A team intro. Can you do that? Nine four one four one oh four three give us a call? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing on this day in Mystery Study Yesterday where we take you back to a day in history. You've got to work out what happened.
Speaker 1: On this.
Speaker 2: Day, mystery on this day. So each day one of us is in charge of this feature today, it's falling to the Great Pats and perhaps has told us about a amazing one of the best eighties TV shows ever and also had one of the greatest theme tunes ever. Perhaps the TV show that debuted on this day in.
Speaker 3: History is the eighteen What a show?
Speaker 2: Did you like your Pats?
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: To me it was when that used to be at five twenty on a Saturday, Wow and it was the highlight of my weekend. I would then get out my BMX bike afterwards and make out I was involved with the A team, just cycle around the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Which character were you?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 2: Always houlding Mad Murdock with my one because he was crazy.
Speaker 3: That is what you're like.
Speaker 2: Actually, I used to absolutely love the show. It's a huge show.
Speaker 5: Was Chris my husband had a bj BJ barracas doll.
Speaker 2: I think it's called b a bracers b don't know what hey listen whatever? Need bedroom? What are you here in there? Chris with my BJ bracas doll?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 5: Sorry, he's still got it. It's next to the blow up doll. But the first episode after the US Super Bowl? Did you know that it had an audience of around a quarter of the American total audience that night. It was a big twenty six percent of the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great, Okay, So I was saying it had the greatest had the greatest theme tune that intro. What I can membory is in nineteen seventy four Crack Commando seventy two, seventy two Crack Commando Unit was for crimes they didn't commit. If you can find no, if you if you can find them, and you can anyway, we're asking someone who can recite the intro to the A Team, Gary and Rose by the Reckons. He can do it. Good morning, Gary, Good morning? All right? Gary, so big fan of the A Team, right, very much? So who was your favorite character?
Speaker 10: I'd have to say, Hannibal.
Speaker 2: What about bj Sorry Hannibal the leader with the cigar. I was just to do it because they never charged any of their clients, because they're all people that needed help, and they were like a modern day Robin Hood's but with guns and that big old gmc van. But they I don't know where they got like living expense they make their money. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're on Social Security right now.
Speaker 2: Who was the guy who was always tracking them? Down, was it, Colonel Decker, Yeah, yeah, that's it all right, give it, give it a go, then the intro. Can you do it, Gary, I can go.
Speaker 10: Nineteen seventy two, a crack Commander unit was sent to prison by the military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escape from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today is still wanted by the government. They survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the eighteen.
Speaker 2: Oh really, you know, as a kid, just hearing phrases like soldiers of fortune crime they didn't commit.
Speaker 4: I still don't know what a lot of that means. Wait, so they escaped from prison to go cris they did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were. There were good vigilantes, people who were in desperate need, which would somehow it always they were in disguise when you would go to meet the eighteen. They were always in disguise every four episodes. When you look back at it now, it's a very different time. I was the eighties. It was Hannibal dressed up as usually an oriental gentleman.
Speaker 3: I'm not changing.
Speaker 2: It was what they did to the eyes were very different time very ignorant times they were, but otherwise they were good guys. In nineteen stenty.
Speaker 8: Two, Cracks was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escape from a maximum security stacade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the eighties.
Speaker 4: Show did you ever see the episode where they escaped from prison?
Speaker 2: No, they never showed that one. No. I'm on Wikipedia right now and I've got some of the episode titles because it ran for years. Say it with bullets season four? We all know about the Maltese fulcan with Humphrey Bogot. What about the Maltese cow? That episode called the Maltese Cow? Like I said, it was the eighties. What about this one episode seventeen of season three, only church in Town? But of course you know what's gonna be known for that baj Toddle.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three on today's show More last chance Phil Collins tickets. You could be going backstage on a tour before Phil goes on stage with me. You can win that this week and front row tickets as well. Another brilliant song from Filipino Collins coming up just start to eight. I got this morning. We've also got Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 4: Sorry, just the way you worded the backstage tour, he made it sound like you were going on stage with Phil Collins, did I Yeah, because you got the backstage tour before Phil Collins goes on stage with me.
Speaker 2: The backstage who is with you? The only person going on that stage before p Diddy is Huggy. Yeah. You see how I didn't realize hugg he'd been off for a couple of weeks as well. Yeah, he told me he'd just been sat on a beach.
Speaker 4: Boy, he looks like it's amazing.
Speaker 2: All right then? And also, yeah, we've got Facebook marketplace. The price is right, the first one of twenty nineteen. I'll give you anup date how my dad got on yesterday. My dad's over visiting Australia for the first time his life. He's had an amazing three weeks. Yesterday I sent him off to the tennis called a final. He's there all day with his girlfriend and I'll share you with show you some of his thoughts of the day. I need to talk about this TV fad, and I'm sure there'll be some of you who have suffered with this thing as well. Netflix show, Big, Netflix Show sweeping the world. You know, when a TV show breaks, and it's not just about the TV show, it ripples out to this kind of fat and even if people haven't seen the TV show, they're talking about it. They're going, yeah, we need to do this. We're talking about decluttering. There's a TV show on Netflix where a lady called Marie Kondo Okay, and what she does is she goes around, she Japanese lady, and she goes around to his American home. So they've got a lot of stuff like we all have that accumulate over the years, and she urged them to get all the clothes dump them in a big pile. She then gets on her hands and knees, prays to the clothes and thanks them for everything that they've done. And then she urges people to pick up each item, your underpants, your socks, your T shirt, and go does this bring you joy? Just give you a spark of joy in her own words.
Speaker 11: Two, the item that spark joy for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my wife, this is a bullseye for her. This is like catnip. So Chris, Chris, Oh, we're organized. So last week I was up to midnight midnight like a grumpy teenager with a mountain of clothes. I'm going to share on Facebook, on Instagram as well our show pages. You'll see it.
Speaker 4: You've seen that, Sayanta's sleigh with all the toys in the back.
Speaker 2: Bet in mind. I thought I had decluttered to get rid of stuff to move out to Australia, but I didn't wantze a lot of stuff. So five bin bags I had to take down to Vinie's on Hampton Street. Listen, if you're anywhere near base, I'd get yourself down to Vinnie's on Hampshire Street. That op shop. I took five binbags. There's some Primo, top range Pommey clothing. Now I'm talking all Saints Levi jeans. I'm a hoarder. There was I got it, have ten pairs of jeans them. We're about fifteen years old. I'm never going to be that waist size ever again. I'm not getting my kids can't even fit into some of the jeans used to get into. Why didn't you do this before you got the shipping container. I don't want to hear that from from you. I heard that my wife at like midnight last week.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually blaming Sarah for it infiltrating our home, because she meant you came over for lunch the other day and she mentioned it. And now all of a sudden, I get home this week and.
Speaker 2: Read all this stuff. Women to each other, Come on, they do they go? Have you heard about this is decluttering? Spiritually? I feel lighter. I'm lighter because I haven't got my pants anymore. I've got rid of them down the open.
Speaker 3: You know what it is?
Speaker 5: You blokes can never find anything, can't find a thing, so you have to clean everything out.
Speaker 2: Didn't rubbish at all Wednesday day that I've ever came to naked, I couldn't never have t shirts. I can find stuff. It might take me a bit of time, probably I will find stuff. What I don't like to do is throw stuff away. I am one those hoarders. If she came around to mine, she would fall to her hands and knees going got so much chunk so if you had to do it as.
Speaker 4: Well, Yeah, we did yesterday. I got home the whole wardrobes. We did the kitchen as well. Does she did the kitchen on the show. I've never even seen the program, but we're thrown out things from the kitchen that don't bring us joy.
Speaker 2: The clothes I don't want, chin doesn't bring your joy? What did you have? The holy sauce? The whole bringing kale? I find no joy anyway.
Speaker 4: I'll look at a T shirt and go, well, it doesn't necessarily bring you joy, but I need a T shirt to wear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you haven't been through all your socks, so when I just need to wear songs and I mean, mister brand New, nothing more joyful about socks. But I don't even. And then she was like, Maurice says, you should never have more than ten books. I've got hundreds of books. They're everything to me. And so I said, we're not even. I actually said this monthing. I snapped at this point, which is what about the books? I went, I will leave this house before those books.
Speaker 5: I did every single cupboard over the Christmas break of our house, every single cupboard. She's been in the house twenty years, so you can imagine the crap.
Speaker 2: So how much stuff did you have to give to the shop And we went to.
Speaker 3: The tip three times?
Speaker 2: Why did you take it to tip?
Speaker 3: Well, the stuff that had holes that was busted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that BJ Dole or whatever, that's BJ bracka style and.
Speaker 3: The shop about three times. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I've seen driving home, I passed the Salvo style.
Speaker 2: You're in Clover this month with all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Came on any hour of the day. The people bring in big garbage bags out of their cars and taking them.
Speaker 2: Hot today, make a journey. If you want some new clothes, go to Vinnie's op shop, Hampton Street. Five bags of my palmy clothing in their people probably wandering around in my All Saints T shirts that I've gotten rid of already. There's a couple of great boxing ones and you have seen ones and I'm not your economygregga T shirt two of those. Yeah yeah yeah, loads and loads of stuff. So I wander this morning. If there's anyone people must be listening to this who work in op shops, Maybe they're not aware of this Netflix show, because thankful for those volunteers that run those op shops, right yea they did great work. However, let's be honest. Sometimes you go in there, you see the op shop people. How can I say this, Well, they're not going to call if you insult them. Where was the insult? I said, bless them for their voluntary work and what they do. However, I'm not sure all of them have Netflix. Ah No, they're saying they might not have Netflix. They might not be aware of this TV show. That just what I'm saying. Wow, all right, So maybe they're wondering why they're getting all these clothes all of a sudden. They they never had a January like this.
Speaker 4: It would be interesting to know if they've noticed the influx. Is is this the biggest year?
Speaker 2: That go to be twenty nineteen? Right? If you're working an op shop you're in Clover, give us a call. If you do work in one, you've noticed the uptake and people bring in stuff nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian Oh Conwell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So talking this big fad that sweeping the world at the moment of decluttering of the back of this new Netflix TV show with a Japanese mindfulness expert called Marie condo, and she urges you to go through every item in your wardrobe, in your kitchen, just basically every item you own in your house and just ask yourself.
Speaker 11: The item that spark joy for you.
Speaker 2: And everything else gets thrown out. Yeah, Ben, I mean we should go through the radio show, you know, think about some of the news and sports stuff like that.
Speaker 11: The item that spark joy.
Speaker 2: Financial news at.
Speaker 4: Forty minutes away, actually from the next five.
Speaker 2: Get ready dal Jones update at eight, not at seven, is at six, back at eight six, and that's when we did the financial stuff. All right, We've got Catherine on the line. Good morning, Catherine morning.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good sir. You have you been caught up in this decluttering with Marie Condo?
Speaker 7: Well, i'd I live in Mornington, which is op shop central. We've got at least ten that I know of. But I read about this woman in the Sunday Herald Sun and actually two of our op shops here in Mornington were showcased. Is being bursting at the scene because everyone has heard about this woman and everyone is cluttering, decluttering their home. So yes, the op shops are well aware of this woman.
Speaker 2: This is amazing sensation. With Catherine. You know there are op shops and then when you say Mornington op shops that is going to be kitted out with like ourmoney suits, beautiful Armione dresses.
Speaker 9: Then you got it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stick on a led Zep album now and drive out to Mornington and just go going buy my wife a load of new clothes through a Mornington opshop.
Speaker 7: Might I'll show you around, I'll be you two a.
Speaker 2: Farm, yes exactly. You could buy a load of new season's outfits for the birdcage later on this year for the rae. Couldn't you that? All right? Captain? Thanks a lot, you cool.
Speaker 1: Have a good day mate, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for us to bring this back for a brand new year. It is a This feature does actually bring me several sparks of joy. Yeah it does. Is where we have a big old trull. You do as well on a Facebook marketplace. I want to be aware that Facebook marketplace a cheaper, shoddier, tatty arrival to eBay. I guess it's huge. You'll be stunned some of the stuff that people are selling on there. But it's always the item description and the money they're asking for these beautiful items that obviously don't bring them sparks of joy anymore, and they're getting rid of them. And I test each other. I test chack abats each week. They've gotta go up against each other' guessing how much it is.
Speaker 9: It's the Facebook Marketplace price, right, Patrina Jones, chume on.
Speaker 2: Post, Come on, j.
Speaker 9: Here's your host, Christian Oh cut off fuck of joy?
Speaker 2: All right? Then? Uh, hang on a minute, No, no, is that the boss of the abs? Wow? What's happened there? It's played again everyone.
Speaker 9: It's the Facebook Marketplace price is right, Patrina Jones, he's still down, check post, come on out.
Speaker 2: He's family down and here's.
Speaker 9: Your host, Christian Oh.
Speaker 2: Cut of whatever. We've already played it all right then? Okay, first lights of the new year, come someone, Eagle. I listener In Scotland we have Tim ayres A senter this one it christ and I listen to this show on podcast all the way in Bonnie, Scotland got a round new item for the game for twenty nineteen. It's here in Australia, folks, okay, full sized coffin funny lined inside. Get this bit, then great for a coffee table or blanket box. Jeez, that's what you want at the end of your bed for the kids, or you know, I just go to a blanket box. A coffin solid bune, quite heavy, has some minor dents as shown in pictures, can be easily fixed. How much do you reckon? Then someone wants for a coffin?
Speaker 3: It sounds like it's size full size.
Speaker 2: Who want to put their feet up on her coffee table? You know, coffee table? You're looking at that? You get a children't you think of death? Sadness?
Speaker 3: Be a good prop for Halloween out the front of the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but cheetes, wouldn't you?
Speaker 12: All right, Jack, you go fixed three hundred and fifty dollars five hundred. She knows her tat six hundred dollars. Okay, six hundred dollars for the coffin. All right, Patsy's got an early win. Let's gover this one.
Speaker 2: Then it's a mannequin here in Victoria, make me an offer has no head and no right hand, comes with whole outfits, but no, and they put here a typo here no numb as in numb as you don't feel pain. Chuckles or whatever they are called.
Speaker 3: You could shove it in the cross.
Speaker 2: Do they mean nun chucks numb chucks? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Why would a Manican have nunchucks?
Speaker 2: And it's not like a like a martial arts sort of demonstration wrestling thing. It's a it's a mannequin like if you get in a store, in the shop with you been.
Speaker 3: In the shop of sexy Land. Let's face it.
Speaker 2: But they're certainly not called numb chuckles. Bend in mind. People can typle this out, have a look at it. It gives it the facility to edit it before you click post numb chuckles. So what's what's the menequin wearing. I'll just be honest with you.
Speaker 5: It's wear a fishnet, neglighoe yeptotia. Oh jeez, that Rick's got it out of the dumpster. I'm going to say one hundred and fifty. Now does the Menican have legs or is it on a pole?
Speaker 2: It's got legs, it's got no right arm and no head.
Speaker 4: Forty bucks Jack wins one dollar, one dollar, one point three two carrots, princess cut diamond ring. Is he your forte pat yep handmade eighteen carrot white gold diamond ring. Here's the kicker willing to swap, willing to swap four So it's a you know, a cut diamond ring.
Speaker 2: Willing to swap for a white van? What another line here, I'm willing to book money on top? They really want a white van.
Speaker 3: It's spread.
Speaker 2: I've never this is.
Speaker 4: A that's why we have money, so that you can sell things, get money and use that money to buy the things you want.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing old timey marketplace? Has you think he's been to a car showroom and you're going to need to leave it a too? Was it for this white van? How about this? And he gets the old box out with the ringing this is for you, sir. It's the salesman willing to swap for a white van.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, two thousand.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, what's a white fan go for? I'll go fifteen hundred, three thousand and one hundred. Patsy gets this one. Okay, we're back with the second part. At the moment, it's two one to pats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What's about to play? Part two? On Facebook Marketplace. The price is right, It's.
Speaker 9: The Facebook Marketplace price right, Katrina Jones, come on, Joe lady check, come on, good to be here and your host Christian Oh, all right, howse works?
Speaker 2: Then you can look out for items if you want to play a long and be part of this. But basically, we have a trawl through Facebook Marketplace find weird unusual stuff that people are selling. I read it out Jack and Bats. You play long as the urge and I guess how much are people asking for the really interesting stuff? Sometimes though, isn't just a weird stuff that people are selling, it's how they describe it this. I'm gonna be careful how I use my words here. There could be young people that since the show right now, cake Tin? Yeah, what's rude about a cake Tin? Well? What about Kate Tin? Says here? Kate Tin Hen's Night? I know I can know exact what is the Hen's night obsession with this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I honestly pats like every Hens Night is the same, isn't it.
Speaker 5: You can't tell me a bus party isn't well, tell you any things about a Bucks party.
Speaker 2: I'm not making a cake for everyone of a Yeah that works okay, but this is a cake tin for Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But you'll go and look at it off?
Speaker 2: Well, when what am I going? And looking at them? Driving around establishments?
Speaker 3: Don't Isn't that what you likes to do?
Speaker 2: No cake tin? End's night? Selling for a friend? Sure, okay, selling for a friend. That says here that special cake. It's a mold for meeting too, veg pick up Campbelltown or can meet Wednesday morning? Well you're going to meet someone in a cart bar? Have you got the No, that's the other one, isn't it as long as rich I've forgotten now? Is that both of them? What a cake it? Sorry? I can only measure it against you, and I said they got a big cab. They could be sensible. Question, but into making cupcakes? No, you can't make cupcakes and that unless you chop it up, can you? If you've got a cake of a man appendage, it's the Eiffel Tower and the boulders. I've never heard that. It's alright. How do you look at someone in the eye when you say this? Understand? Who wants to chop into that and eat a slice?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: I think three dollars fifty fifty buck fifty bucks? Are you kidding me? You'd pay fifty dollars?
Speaker 3: But that's what I reckon?
Speaker 2: There are for a winky cake tin? Sorry ten dollars? Ten dollars? Alright, let's move on now. Thie lucky love bird charm amulets, all right? And also something like this which brings you so much luck? Of course you want to get rid of a lucky charm, don't you who? I've had too much luck for twenty eighteen. I want to spread the joy with my thie lucky love bird charm amulets.
Speaker 4: What is a charm emulet? Like a necklace? Without a necklace? Do you want to let me describe what I'm looking at? Manky old tap?
Speaker 2: Who would hawk this? One word? Can's item is sacred and genuine, son? Why are you're hawking it on? Here? Has been chanted them blessed by monks in Thailand, right, some hippie and BALLEI protects you from evil spirits, attracts wealth? Well come you want this attracts wealth, luck and kindness. The birds are made from holy wood, or they put here another type of Hollywood. Steve Gutenberg made these rare magic oil inside the amulets got everything going bait. Yeah, yeah, absolutely. I bet you've got a charm amulet as well, and the cakes in front.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm going to inde your cards. Let's see, that's all. I'm going to say. Thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: But but hang on a minute.
Speaker 4: It guys been chanted. That's it attracts wealth. So yeah, so you're getting your money back.
Speaker 2: Oh several fifty backs, sixty dollars yet still win. Okay, one last it to him today. You know there's a classic statue by Michaelangelo David. Yes, yeah, a classic sort of sculptured man. This one's for sale. Concrete statue David by Michaelanchho, currently been in Grandma's backyard for many years. Oh, Nana, have a good old look at that she went. The cake tin in great condition. I bet she's buffered up many a day. Stop it, Nana, he's clean. Move that sponge away from David's life size as well. That's the way Nana likes it's life. Yeah, out there in the evening, isn't she wraps around this statue cleaning it off.
Speaker 4: The one they want to sell it. They probably just found it, Nana. How long's has been going on the statue's laying down again. I'm having a look at a closer look at the photo here. It looks like part of him is dropped off.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, well, you didn't it ever have arms?
Speaker 2: Did he know? That's it's the third on then that's I don't know what Nana's downe where she has been? He's dropped off is crumbled erosion. I guess it can happen as you get older. He's quite a few years obviously, David my Michaelentier? How much is this going for? How much is Nana one?
Speaker 3: It's life size?
Speaker 4: It is sixty six two poor, a bit of claster in the cake tin and they make him a new How much is this going for serious Spires only?
Speaker 2: I love it when they say that serious spires only.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty is my offer?
Speaker 4: Okay, four hundred five thousand dollars live thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know who won that one. If you've got any stuff for next week, then have a look on Facebook Marketplace. Email me Christian at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Heavy Day, This week on a show on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. Phil Collins tickets not this weekend, next weekend. He's finally here Amy Phil Collins not dead yet. Live second and final show Saturday, February second at Amy Park. Tickets are on sale. There are some tickets left through ticket Tech. We've got Mason tickets. Every day this week. You win the tickets, you get to go. However, you also get the chance on Friday one of the winners gets one of their pairs of tickets. Sound effect for being upgraded. We all know it in radio. Not to be confused, or you know that's neither of them. That's a cross if you mix one with the other. But anyway you get them up graded, you are front row. You can literally put your feet up on the stage. PHILPS told me he doesn't mind. So Christian, your winners put the feet up on stage, kick off the thongs. I don't mind. You know you're in Australia. Fine, where do you go with that? And you're still get a backstage tour with me and New Edition. She's wheedled her way on it by illegally going behind the scenes and asking the boss. My wife as well is going to be tagging along too, and there's a rumor that I might be coming to might as well. What's the when you see that little line of it's on a school trip? Is that when then we did is it a crocodile? And they do the walking bus? Yes, that the walking busy holding hairs, We go Tory maund I Phil, all right. The way we are giving them away this week is by Filipino Collins. We've managed to find a there are a lot of Filipinos living here in Melbourne and multicultural city. I'm proud of it. One of the multiculture people were living and working in the city. But Sharon has got an amazing singing voice, this beautiful Filipino singing voice, and she this week has transformed herself beautifully. I'm sure I Phil heard this. Even he would agree they bring something new to his beautiful songs. She is Filipino Collins. She sings in her native language and you've got to guess what the song is.
Speaker 3: Here was yesterday's song Deino Buggy Muggin Taiga Lama subbing.
Speaker 1: You Tipas Bibi guy Yang, Madelina, Puggy Big Goma momm.
Speaker 5: A.
Speaker 2: Lot of it rolls off the tongue better than Field's original version. That's right. I think it'd be really nice. If you know, sometimes people like Bruce springs Nut they get someone up from the crowd, they always know all the lyrics will be great. If it was Sharon and he does a line in English, she does the next line in Filipino. Beautiful multicultural film. All right, here is today's song. Haven't listen? What's the song?
Speaker 13: Gentlemen, please welcome to the stage Filipinos.
Speaker 2: These we are all recorded yesterday at the Australian Open in breaking. We manatually get showered on to the court there and we recorded them yesterday exclusively for Gold one oh four point three. All right here it is again, Don.
Speaker 14: Bardy, no.
Speaker 1: Beautiful bang.
Speaker 2: All right lines are open now nine four one four one O four three. Guess the Phil Connor song from Filipino Collins the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Amazing scenes. Then you know we're talking about Phil Collins coming over. You got the Red Dot Chili Peppers coming over this year, and then Fleetwood Mac You're coming here. We have to go, but not just Fleetwood, Mac with Stevie Nix and Mick with Neil Finn as well, which had been critical. I'm trying to think about what competition. Phil Collins has given the show more than any other artist. I mean, when he finally does those two shows, we need to have an on air funeral. How many features do you think we've done given away half the stadium. I think we've done eight. I was counting them yesterday, right, produce brand, I think we've done eight separate features to deal with Phil Collins. He's given the show. We need to call the studio or studio the Phil Connins wing. He has given us so much.
Speaker 4: By the way, how's your interview looking with him?
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of last year. You're announcing that you have the only one on one. Here's today's song for guess the song with Filipino Collins, showing the Filipino sings of Phil Collins. I told you not to bring it up on the show.
Speaker 13: Ladies, Please welcome to the stage Filipinos.
Speaker 2: What is this morning song? From Sharon Filipino Collins? Not too many wrong guesses? Okay, I'd be stunned if you smart listeners had any wrong guesses. Kim, good morning, good morning. How are you Kim? I'm well? Are you well this morning? Kim?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: Very well, thank you?
Speaker 2: Just on my way to work, all right now, Kim? Are you big Phil Connors fan?
Speaker 7: I love Phil Collins? Yes, and I've been to you guys yesterday and today and was hoping to get on the radio to win them tickets.
Speaker 2: You've made it through. And are you winning these for yourself? Or are you're gonna take somebody with you? What's the deal?
Speaker 7: I'm hoping to take one of my older daughters with me.
Speaker 2: She big Phil Connors fan? Or is that just your favorite kid?
Speaker 7: Well, it's gonna be hard. I'm gonna have to pull it out of her hat. I think which one to take?
Speaker 2: All right? So what do you think the song is from this morning's Filipino Collins?
Speaker 7: I think it's in the air tonight.
Speaker 2: Kim, Well done, Phil Collins, you won your Phil Cotton's tickets.
Speaker 10: I'm teresting.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Akim, Well done, and listen. Be listening again Friday, and indeed tomorrow and all shows, but be listening in Friday. Your tickets could be upgraded to front row tickets. And a backstays talk with me.
Speaker 7: Oh how exciting.
Speaker 14: I hope I'll.
Speaker 2: Okay, well listen, well done, all right, hopefully see you at the gig as well. We're going to be going along as well. All right, well done, kem, thank you so much. That's all right, Well speak to your Friday and one last time players out then this is this morning's Filipino Collins. Thanks. You know a big thing now, all these collaborations, aren't they? You know Ed Sheeran and DJ Khalid. Phil Connins needs to move in that world. He's not dead yet. He needs to have a collab with Sharon our friend here. Okay, what don't everyone another one tomorrow morning?
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: How easy do you think it would be asking for a friend to stalk Phil Collins to get an interview, Just asking for a friend, Well, we'd have to know where he's staying. The friend would have to know where he's staying. Yeah, yeah, we could get listeners to this friend. He does a little radio show. He could get listeners to look out for field they're scene checking in somewhere. He's a very recognizable you know guy, isn't he?
Speaker 4: And then what counters an interview for your friend? Say, is one question one answer an interview?
Speaker 2: Could you have an interview? An interview can be what a great way to do a modern interview with someone, like a legend of that. Maybe just the other side of a door, he might be going, who is it? Who's out there? Hey? Just quickly for security come, don't mean you any harm, feel but just just three quick questions or yelled through a letterbox. What was it like? Yes, yeah, yeah, you know as we're driving along anyway next week we are paying your bills fifty thousand dollars coome on into you just emailed me in the last ten minutes saying how does it work? I've got a huge credit card bill. What do we need to do to I need to email you the bill. Lots of you are emailing me your bills. Thank you. It's lovely to know that you're as lousy as me as running credit cards. But that is not the way you enter you enter online Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au got together with tintacar. It is over fifty thousand dollars. It's a lot of money, which means it's great news for you. It means lots of you get bills paid off. I think is a much better way to do a radio competition. Rather th these radio stations that say you might win one hundred thousand bucks or some of that. I'd rather give away lots of money to lots of you. Fifty thousand dollars spread out around loads of you. It means lots and lots of you whether to have your credit card, bills, school fees, school informs, whatever you got going on. Please go to the website because you never know it might be you. And fifty thousand dollars to burn through is a lot of money. Gold one if four to three dot com dot au got together with tintacart to do this. Please do not drive naked this summer.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Shure Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is a sad story. This is a sad story. When I heard about this, I was grateful that we have microphones to share your story, and I wouldn't be too surprised the next couple of years we see this turn into movie. Oscar nominations just been announced. Starts as a happy story, like all stories.
Speaker 4: I was running a simple errand yesterday and came across a Krispy Kreme drive through brand new, so like a whole takeaway store.
Speaker 2: But for just for donuts and sod. You get the hot coffee on the donut. I didn't. I just got donut.
Speaker 4: So I've run the errand I had to pick up some grout cleaner for the tiles.
Speaker 2: Living the dream YEP. We work in show bits.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've thought I've done a good duty for the household.
Speaker 2: I deserve a little trade. Absolutely, It's a gift for you, isn't it.
Speaker 4: And because I like to share my life experiences with my partner, the one I love, I send a photo of the Krispy Kreme to be and said, look, this good boy deserves a treat YEP. And she said, oh could I Is there one for me too? Sadly, sorry, I already bought it.
Speaker 2: I just bought one.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what, I'll bring this one home and then you can have a bit of it too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so kind.
Speaker 4: So I get home and I put the donut on the table, and then I go out to see Learna the dog. Because at the moment we have to brush her every day. She is generating her own weight in hair per day, terrible, and sheds it all over the house. So I'm brushed at the moment, brushing her every day when I get home. That takes two minutes. And I come back inside and Banka, Yes, has eaten the whole Crispy Kreme donut.
Speaker 2: All of it, all of it. But she knew that you only had wine. I said, what did you do?
Speaker 4: She said, I had the donut. She said, but you, but that was I only I only had one. She said, I didn't know, but you did know because I sent you the text and says a good boy deserves a tree.
Speaker 3: Should have brought two.
Speaker 2: Well, she knew he only had one.
Speaker 3: Patch Too bad, you should have brought two.
Speaker 2: That's what you get in cold blood. She ate that donut knowing it. She was, well, and what are you doing?
Speaker 4: You're out there combing the dog home in away in the hot sun.
Speaker 2: If anything, you deserve two donuts, one for doing the grouting errand and then cleaning the old hairy dog.
Speaker 4: Only to come back inside and see her licking the last bit of sugar off her fingers like a psychopath. Yeah, it's been sixteen hours since that moment, and I haven't really you would have noticed for me this morning.
Speaker 2: Not the same sun. Some scars run deep.
Speaker 4: The Krispy cream driver is not near our house. It is not easy to go replace the dough.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard for you to ever enjoy a donut again without fearing it's going to be stolen from your grasp. I think you're actually going to have Trauman flashbacks. I hadn't thought of this. This is a clear cutcase to me in Cold Blood a relationship crime, and these kind of relationship crimes they happen in loving relations to they wear Suddenly killers do this too. It's a fine line between a wife and a killer. Sometimes they've got that wiring in there and so and then suddenly they can go a one. You know that you have these instances of a relationship crime this, You know your story, Jack, probably not the only story like this. I imagine there's people listening right now, men or women. Probably more men. I think it's more women that do this in Cold Heart because of how they are. They've got some story about something like this, and now that's sad relationship crime and we're happy to use the platform with this good this this radio show, we've been given to share your relationship crime stories today. Maybe you're like Jack Post, you've had a It's not just that this happened once with a dairy milk fru nutbar that I was looking for to tucking into Jack and I treat. I did the weekly shop, did it all by myself. Chrissy boy deserves a treat. It loved all the shopping in by my south Okay, put it all away, and all I thought was, at the end of this is my tree I'm looking forward to is my dairy milk fruit nutbar. Put it in the fridge because I like a nice bit of ice sculpt chocol What am I doing? I'm salivating someone's gone. I'm looking forward like chocolate and breaking it down for your christy boy. And then uh, I go to the toilet to you know, clean my hands, get freshen up. I wanted to save with this chocolate bar. My wife has had half of it. I just actually I have an epic meltdown. Not that tennis pleryer the other day, just like a Todd line, Why would you do that? You still got two little nuggets? So much went I was looking board to having all of them. What did our wedding veils mean? When did it say? When did I say? I do to saying you can just take chocolate from behind mind the person I married? Nah, that's all right, so uh nine four one four nine four one four one four three for your sad stories about relationship crimes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, My friend, our lovely listeners are one hundred percent saying you should have bought a six pack of donuts, not just go through a drive through and get one loan donut. I know, but six pack seems like too much. No, that's plenty. Yeah, oh no, I reckon, you always need at least two? Do you go with the fussy ones? All the bits on top? I just want the plane jam in the middle. That's it. I've never had anything except that original glaze. Don't need anything else. Christian, my boyfriend informed me that he bought us both a Turkish to lights. When I went to eat mine five minutes later, it turns out he couldn't help us ate both. That's a step to it now. About twenty four hours ago on the show, I was saying that that incentive, you know, to go online at god one four three dot com dot au register your bills. You paid. I'm paying them off starting next Tuesday, after long weekend thanks to tinta car. Don't drive around this summer naked, get your car tinted. But she's gonna get it a hotter this weekend. What forty one on Friday. You'd be grateful if you do that. The boss said, if we get a thousand people from nine am to five o'clock yesterday brand new, one thousand, we would go online with their bills, then I could take you two lovely people out for lunch. Twelve hundred and fifty people did it yesterday, incredible by five o'clock. Incredible. Thank you for that. The great thing is she happened us out. You happen that. You happen yourself out by maybe getting your bill paid off. We're going to be doing it for about four or five weeks, so a lot of money. Fifty thousand bucks a lot of money now in this country. Just you know, I'm still new here. I've still got my pea plates on. A bet is an agreement, I bet is a bet. It's not different in Australia.
Speaker 4: Is it, especially because when she made it, she thought it was impossible to read why she.
Speaker 2: Said, it's no way we're going to to keep telling me. It's very quiet. People don't A lot of people don't go back, you know, they're still on holidays and all this. I haven't heard anything. Nothing. So you've got the phone number. It's in there.
Speaker 4: I mean I can I can see her from where I am, but she's talking. She's got somebody in her meeting room.
Speaker 2: Well, we need to call right now and have this out on air, okay, using the power of the radio show. Okay, so have you got have you got the number? Yeah, all right, let's call it up. So this is Sue the boss. This is her. Do you think she leaves? I've never seen her get the desk phone. I'm watching her. Is she going for it? She's ignoring it, she's avoiding our calls. That is some cold. Oh god, Monday, you were happy we were.
Speaker 11: Back on air.
Speaker 14: I I was literally in the middle of a meeting and I looked down and I went, oh, no, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want. I'll tell you what. Isn't it great news that we got twelve hundred and fifty people to go on line with their bells. Well done, goals.
Speaker 14: Hang on a minute, No, no, no, no, I thought that last night you were not you were not winning it.
Speaker 2: This what twelve hundred and fifty people we've heard you've changed your rule. It's a thousand people. But from nine to five yesterday brand new people agreed.
Speaker 14: Well, I'll have a talk about this after the show.
Speaker 2: To know what what? How do you see it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I see it that we can talk after the show.
Speaker 2: I see it that I'm on air right now. I know, but at times have a quick meet and catch up. She never laughs. That's a great sign that the only time twenty nineteen are we.
Speaker 4: Getting wrong information through I mean Hawkeye for us are showing up balls coming.
Speaker 2: In in in in, it's on the law.
Speaker 14: What will get you off the phone the quickest?
Speaker 2: Well, agreeing that we I won the bet, I've got a thousand brand new people to go online. They we've got all their information now, which is great news. So you said I could then take Jack and Pats to lunch.
Speaker 14: Okay, if and there's an asterisk on this, if it is one hundred percent verifying, you are off to lunch.
Speaker 2: Who verifies? The only thing is producer brand told us and to see the size of his glasses. You know how he is. If I've got this wrong, this is awful. Room for error is about fifty percent. Okay, so can you log on now your mega computer? There? Susan?
Speaker 14: Is it takes it takes ages? Can you come you play an ad or something like that?
Speaker 2: Come on, stick it to the man. You can log in there a couple of little clicks. You'll get the numbers.
Speaker 14: Yes, but it's the slowest system in the world, you know that. Hang on all I'm looking, I'm looking, I'm looking.
Speaker 2: We talk about what we feel like for lunch. Where do you guys want to go? Well, it would be really nice to go. Someone told me about a great state restaurant here in Richmond called Vlados.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a classic restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that nice? I've never been there.
Speaker 3: What about Donovan's.
Speaker 14: Oh I'm just going to say yes, Yes, you can go to love.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, Bye bye, the Button, The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, today's that work time waste. We're talking earlier about this Netflix TV show where it's has started this huge de cluttering movement or getting rid of stuff in your homes, clothes and your kitchen cabinets. That doesn't bring you a spark of joy. The TV show what is it actually called, Mary Marie Condo ruins your life. I haven't seen it. This is the Lady Yourself. It's an amazing TV show about the benefits of decluttering. And I've had to go through this and I found it as someone who is as mess as a teenage. It was hell for me, so like it's some kind of addict now as hell for me going clean up. To take five bin bags to the Vinnie's opshot on Hampton Street, Best side. If you want to head out there, there's some nice clothes and they're waiting for you.
Speaker 11: This is her item that spark joy for you.
Speaker 2: Nice way to think about your presets too. I mean there's no way you're looking at smooth thinking that sparks joys. Just say ye, take the Vinnie's. Here's preset number two. I've got loads of those. I don't want anyone's own room anyway. It's not all to do with tidying up. So today's at work time waster is tidy up A song? How are yours looking b plus Yeah, I think plus tops. Okay, let's go to the Beatles and you've got to throw your love away. Yep, like I said, Plus, Papa's got a brand new bin bag. I like that. Live and let tidy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 2: And this you know what I told you? There was one I've got which is either really bad or reasonably good. But if I don't hit this ramp at one hundred percent based, all right, we remember the handsome song? What about mop?
Speaker 13: Oh good?
Speaker 2: All right, Jack? What have you got?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 2: Tidy up? A song Wipe me up before you go go that sounds really rude. Another it's actually really ann wake me up before you go go, which was quite a naughty song. Anyway, you've actually made it ruder, naughty Jack, post another one wipes the dust. That's good. Hit me with your best mop, very good mop.
Speaker 4: And no scrubs becomes yes scrubs, yes.
Speaker 2: Gold gold, that's the first one. All right, best in class? All right? What have you got for us? Send us to your then tidy a per song on oh four seven five O three one O four three oh four seven five o three one oh four three. This is not too quick Jack's told me now that I'm reading at the text number two quickly oh four seven five O three one oh four three text in your tidy EPI song.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, all right.
Speaker 2: Today's show. Then, when we're talking about this new Netflix show with Marie Condo about tidying up and decluttering, we've all been through this with all d cluttered and so to. They want you to tidy up a song? You ready to mark? Really, dude, whar's my mop? No messing straight in with the it's not even a song title but an honorable man, it's not even honorable. I'm home that every show this year we never have an unbroken roll. Well whatever we're doing okay from the outwork time way. So someone chucks in a dude, where's my whether we're not even Scott, thank you very much. That Meanwhile, that's the tidying up a song. You've lost that scrubbing feeling, you lost that loving feeling. That's Nick and Brunswick. I don't like Monday. I don't like Monday's bin day. That's good, Gold, very good. Do you know what's taking the bins in yesterday because Monday night got to put them out. Tuesday's bin day for us. Do you think famous people have to do that put their bins out to the indoor. They do. They have staff that would do that for no.
Speaker 3: I reckon, they do it.
Speaker 2: They've got a bing guy.
Speaker 3: I reckon.
Speaker 2: What was someone who that's not the their only job?
Speaker 4: Maybe does he have to be on a full time payroll for something he doesn't Chris Hemsworth is wing.
Speaker 2: Let us take the mins out. Come on, man, okay, let's go back to these tidy episod Born to Scrub to the Born to Run, Bronze plus and Aaron and Werribee. Uh, Tidy Dancer, that's great, that's very good, very smart Aaron, well done, Candle in the wind Dex that's bad, not bad, Ye plus N and Croydon North nice to hear fear me again, mop it like it's hot. Pas, that's really good. Duke's in Croydon very very good. Uh, Papa, don't bleach. They're back for twenty nineteen. Leam and Glenn Huntley, well done. Uh Sweet dreams as in three Yeah, gold Jar well done. Joe on my training with Mop the pilot. I don't know the song silver so yeah gathered Comedian, Oh yeah, if you gather yeah, silver not so dirty deets silver plus Breton, well done. Can't dust this mc hammer my favorite one. Dust this. You got to say it quick. Mike in Geelong, Well done, Geelong has falled him like a cleaner. Is that like a virgin? Like a cleaner? Clean for the very first time. Creeping, sweep child of mine, Sweep a man in Rosebud, great work, well done. Smoke on the dumpster instead of smoke on the.
Speaker 3: Water, Bronze boom, sweep the room.
Speaker 2: Will Smith Gold, We'll leave it there. Well done, Scott, thank.
Speaker 1: You very much for those everyone the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I said my dad. You know, he's over visiting for first time ever. He's had an amazing almost three weeks. He heads home tomorrow. I'm actually going to be very tearful say goodbye to it would be Yeah. Even though I'm almost forty six this year, your parents still drive you nuts at times. I say the store, your mum and dad, that's it. And he's heading off two miles and miles away. My dad will do this though. The moment he gets emotional, we will get that text he and get the hell out of there. So no goodbye. Well, it would be to be very to be a firm handshake. So yesterday I sent to the quarter finals at the tennis right and his girlfriend and great games yesterday. Yeah he was so he was there all day long, okay from like I think he got the eleven o'clock. Yeah, and he got back about seven o'clock. So he had a full day there, right. And he came back and I said, Dad, how was it? You know you've been to a Grand Slam in the Australian Open. You know you're rod Laver as well. First words were north South sun amazing? How they do it? Sorry, first words right, first words north south sun amazing? How they do it? And what do you mean sunny goes these Australian designers. Wimbledon doesn't have this, okay. And he told me that if you're sat in the north or south stands at the rod Laver you're not in direct sunlight. Do you remember he's obsessed with I said, I bought these chickets not cheap. This is your Christmas present. Okay, and already said, lot, will I be in direct sunlight? He was in the south bit of it. Okay, no direct sunlight, he said, son, if you ever want to go there, don't go east or west. Okay. But why is he praising the architects. He just got lucky with the spot. He's crazy.
Speaker 5: They're oppressed with weather once they reached a certain age.
Speaker 2: So anyway, since he got here and he's realized, I don't know why didn't it occurred to him that might be warm here in Australia, He's bought some kind of strange umpires straw hat. So he obviously yesterday he got stopped seven tires by other people at the open asking him like are the toilets.
Speaker 3: Here American hat?
Speaker 2: And because my dad is very very polite, he would never say I'm not that christ. He worked how and he pays attention. He was actually directing, because if you start doing that, other people start to queue up, wondering, like wandering around, and that guy knows where to sit. He's got the north sid His only complaint was and hopefully the good people at the Ustralian Open can change sun nets. Got the days they didn't serve any pins oh, this is only grumble. Is that a Wimbledon thing? Because I know you love the strawberry crane. It's a summary kind of drink.
Speaker 3: It's lovely, isn't it very?
Speaker 2: And in wimbled and they have like the old deers and that they turn out to wimbleden for the day they get trying to I don't watch any tennis. It sults up against trees, switched out of their little old people nonsense right in the afternoon. So he couldn't find any of his beloved pop to have that. That was but he had an amazing day yet amazing time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: First one of twenty nineteen. You're smarter than Google. This is where we urge all of you to play along. We try and find the answer to hopefully interesting questions, but without going on our phones, without consulting Google. Because now information is immediate. We don't need to know anything. Now we don't hold any knowledge, do we No, it's all outsourced to our phones. So let's go back to a world before that's if we can work out some questions at the moment. One of the questions We're going to try and work out without Google's help. And I have stayed off Google now for a day or two and I've been itching to go on is do people spontaneously combust?
Speaker 4: We started looking at it yea, and we started the computer. But you know what, this is perfect from no Google.
Speaker 2: So we want to know tomorrow morning does this actually happen? And how? And there's room for a couple more questions. So if you want to set a question that you'd love to know the answer to on tomorrow's Breakfast show for you're smarter than Google, email me today Christian at GOLDWEO four three dot com dot au if we use it on tomorrow's show. We've got tickets, pairs of tickets to go and see School of Rock, which is an amazing musical. We've all been to see it, haven't we. Actually it's brilliantastic. Took my kids, mother and a couple weeks to go and absolutely love that. So you can win a pair of those if your ticket gets on here tomorrow. Christian at GOLDWEO four three dot com dot Au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three That is it for us. Do you know my dad is on his way right now. He's ville sanctuary.
Speaker 3: Oh, he'll have a great day.
Speaker 2: This is last day trip. My wife has taken my dad out there. Nice.
Speaker 4: Although we didn't wait for you to finish the radio show.
Speaker 2: This is how my dad operates. My dad makes up at four a m. Just gets up early every single day, no reason to no reason to do whatsoever. And he was asking the kids could they get up early today? Also, get this, my dad commuted. We were talking about musicals and stuff. When we're talking about bats Lehman's musical Romeo and Juliet, so good. It was my dad went to the kids another great musical. He's trying to watch his West Side Story story. When does anyone watched that in the last two hundred years? West Side Story anyway. See if you see a strange looking gentlemen out of the sanctuary today with a big old hat, it's the information guy. Just to make sure he's not in the east or west sunlight or heat will melt. Title of today's show comes from Pats earlier. It is bj Barakast. We're back tomorrow morning. Thanks listening. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three