Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex morning, and good morning the freshly Moved in Rio.
Speaker 4: Thank you, good morning.
Speaker 1: How is the move over the weekends? I mean we're we move next week. It is moving? Is stressful?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 6: The Thursday night packing up all our stuff for Friday's big move was probably the most stressful. Friday though the move went pretty well. We talked about On Friday. I had some gay removalists come. They were a gay removalist company, and you know what, they did an incredible job.
Speaker 1: They were so so many guys were their rios. So what you got is it a two to three man operation? How does it work?
Speaker 5: Because I still haven't hired a removal company yet, I'm in the market.
Speaker 6: Yes, hey, two men, that's all we needed and a V They were very friendly. They were very they're very fast walkers. Gay men are probably the fastest walkers known to men.
Speaker 5: What let's put that to the test.
Speaker 1: I'd go up against any gay guy and I reckon I could beat them over one hundred.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, because they've got that hip movement, that hip straight I.
Speaker 1: Think I don't think you're happing gay causes. I think you're setting it back about thirty years. They've got that hip movement. That's how gays used to look on old sitcoms where they come sasheing in Hell.
Speaker 5: I've just moved in next door.
Speaker 1: My name's Gay Terry. I'm a hairdresser.
Speaker 5: My partner works on the airlines.
Speaker 1: Is it Tronie Donny.
Speaker 6: If you ever get overtaken on the street on the footpath, I bet you it's a gay man.
Speaker 4: Zoom right past you.
Speaker 1: Sore already going in early with extreme opinions this week.
Speaker 6: Naturally, that lends themselves to being great removalists.
Speaker 7: No breakages, no, no breakages, very friendly, very few.
Speaker 6: They helped us as we're unpacking, like, oh, that might look nice there, that'll go there.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 5: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They had some tips about the feng shway in where we should put the mirror and that kind of thing, which we didn't know about.
Speaker 5: So sorry, but where were you going to put the mirror?
Speaker 6: Actually had the mirror right in the hallway on the side and.
Speaker 1: What they say, put it above the bed. See that hip action in full flood right that way.
Speaker 5: It looks like there's four people in this bed.
Speaker 6: So glad to come back from that and.
Speaker 5: Don't feel the knee too. You know, I'm worried about where this could go.
Speaker 6: They were lovely Queer move their cord. Can't recommend them.
Speaker 5: You've given them a review?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't yet, but those online.
Speaker 5: Reviews really matted to businesses that make a big difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, they were brilliant. They called Queer Move.
Speaker 6: I think they're based in the North, but they do all over Melbourne and they were just they made it.
Speaker 1: And also you call them there there within a couple of seconds because of course that hit movement movement and they're quicker than cheatas.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 5: Now on Friday show.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I mean we must have had to rub his tummy about eighteen times old Daytime TV Alex Karen, you would have thought he was he was turning thirteen. It was Alex's birthday Friday, and didn't we have to know about it? He told us face to face on Thursday. He emailed us all I'm not making any of this up. He emailed us all Thursday night in a chain email, saying, tomorrow's my birthday. Your wife, Bonnie, I've just found out, texted Rio.
Speaker 4: Yes, just to make sure she says she's loving just.
Speaker 1: This means And obviously once poor little Alex, everyone forgot. And so next year, let's make a point to just ignore it, to see what happens. That can happen, That can happen now it's going to happen next year. I just want to be there to see what happens as we aggressively ignore it. Text of the Bonnie Bank going is it one off thing time? Alex?
Speaker 5: How was it in all systs?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 5: What did you do? What did you do? Did kids spoil you?
Speaker 1: They did?
Speaker 8: I didn't actually done that, by the way, texted rehabit anyway, How.
Speaker 5: Did you get old of his number? And make sure you got to read it back to me? Please?
Speaker 1: It was a wonderful, wonderful day.
Speaker 8: I had the best cake I think I have ever had in my life. It came from South Melbourne Market. It was this multi layered, most incredible mudcake. It had like tin tans on the top. It had like chocolate coated almonds. It was just this monstrosity of a cake and it was so unbelievably good.
Speaker 5: Oh, they sound so decadent. A proper cake. It great word decadent.
Speaker 1: And it was birthday cake should be definitely.
Speaker 5: And so and you know what.
Speaker 8: One of the highlights was we were going to do lunch Bonnie and I and we're going to go to this Vietnamese place in Albert Park. And she was like, I can't come, I'm too snowed under with work. I was like, you know what, I'm just going to go by myself. So I sat there on the street, on the street, on the street.
Speaker 5: But it was kind of lovely.
Speaker 4: I was on my own.
Speaker 5: I could enjoy my meal.
Speaker 8: There were no interruptions, which is a rare thing for parents.
Speaker 1: Anyone else seen this is a sad scene. Signed a little tiny, because we in these places always tiny one corridor, aren't They just sat there going And you definitely texted all everyone at work say I'm here at this restaurant and one between one and.
Speaker 5: Four, and no one responded. Is it a table for all your friends?
Speaker 1: And tables for one to stand out in the street. And it was one of those places that doesn't serve wine. I was hoping to get a glass, do.
Speaker 5: You know what, I just have a solo actually to go with that.
Speaker 1: Fun the birthday far but it.
Speaker 4: Was lovely and then the kids.
Speaker 8: I picked the kids up from school and we had a of the a dinner at a local pub, and just to be around family. It's been a big year for us. It started started out well, very interesting start of the year, and it's it's ending.
Speaker 1: Quite a way being fucked.
Speaker 5: Yes, I hope if I ever get fired, they go how interesting? I try to be positive.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. We're going to pay the mortgage now and put the kiss through university.
Speaker 5: This is a conundrum.
Speaker 8: This is we're going to pick up our lives and move them south to Melbourne. But look, it's ending a lot better than it's started. As all I'll say so, it was just a wonderful time for family and and and that's that's what it's all about. Just have them around me on my special day forty five.
Speaker 5: Getting on, how do you how did you feel been in the mid forties? Interesting?
Speaker 1: I'll say that again.
Speaker 5: Interesting they don't.
Speaker 1: They're not as fun anymore, I'll be honest.
Speaker 8: Well they are, but they sort of get a bit. I guess I don't know dated that this of like, oh, I know the birthday, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Riding on these flipping birthdays.
Speaker 8: But I'm right in the mid forties now, like right in there, forty five. And we went to a rippon Lay estate on Saturday. That's nice, which was really lovely. But I thought, geez, we're getting old, don't we are we we were the younger.
Speaker 1: Day starts changing. Suddenly you feel DNA. He starts opening up. That's been activated. Now in your mid forties, where you suddenly appreciate a stately home. Suddenly Downton Abbey is mild poorn. Oh my god, is Lord Cranley going to get those breeches off. We're just wandering around. This is state admiring the architecture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're officially middle aged.
Speaker 1: Would you appreciate when you actually look up for your phone and you start looking at sort of columns and the way a woman's a woman. You start looking up for a woman and the way that she's arranged, And I say to myself, how interesting.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: It's the first day of winter in the Motherland.
Speaker 1: But I'm looking at the weather today and I don't know whether I'm in England Australia.
Speaker 4: Top of fifteen. Come on, what summer here?
Speaker 1: Summer horder Melbourne? Come on, Patsy, what's the forecast for this week? Mate?
Speaker 5: Is it like this?
Speaker 9: We are going to get sun. In fact, we're going to get a top of twenty eight on Wednesday. It'll be short lived and we go back to grosscars. So we just get one day, just one day of spring.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's use it, YC team. Let's just show outside used to get really hot and obviously in England that was like pushing up nineteen degrees and twenty degrees. We were allowed to go and do the lesson outside.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we used to do that in the summer. It's too hot, no air conditioning, everyone under the tree?
Speaker 1: Well yeah yeah no please, we'd be going please there, it's too hot in here, and he'd be like tapping the thermometer the mercury, going okay, it is almost twenty one, and then we go tearing out to go and sit under a tree and have some boring lesson. There you gained again something, So Alex AFLW Grand Final you were there, Oh Mack, you were watching it.
Speaker 5: Awesome grand Final.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable, the first team to go back to back in the competition's history. Isn't it was an incredible game. My heart is full. And the reason I say that is because where these women have come from, how hard they've had to work to get their names and this game up in lights for the aflw and just talking to some of the veterans, like w Lee, the only woman in the Australian Football Hall of Fame, what she's had to go through, one of the real pioneers, and just the smile on her face. She was beaming because she was just looking out onto this ground, seeing what this game has become, seeing how popular it is now.
Speaker 1: It was all sold out, wasn't it.
Speaker 8: It was sold out twelve and a half thousand people at Icon Park and the rain stayed away, which was really lovely, and the feeling was just so much respect and pride and joy and happiness. And I love that my girls they watched it all at home on TV. I love that my girls now normalize going and playing at the highest level in any sport and many sports like you got cricket, AFL football with the Matilda's as well, so really really great weekend and a really fantastic night for the for the mighty North Melbourn Kangaroos.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about streaks and sport right there. I'm beaten in two seasons.
Speaker 8: Yeah, twenty seven games straight.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, unbelievable.
Speaker 8: They was looking a bit shaky against the demons and the prelim last weekend, but they came through so really really good effort. It's it's not easy doing that.
Speaker 5: So they beat the d's. I'm imagine it was the men's team.
Speaker 4: Well they probably could have beaten.
Speaker 1: They were to have a word with the d's.
Speaker 8: You know, it was funny. My daughter orders, she goes, daddy, why do the king? Why do the kangaroos women always win but the boys don't?
Speaker 1: Where'd you even begin with that one?
Speaker 5: That's like a ted talk? Yeah, and it's a great question.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw pictures of Clarko in the crowds. Obviously he was trying to work out way and meets the ones in the middle, moved all forward on all good intel. This how interesting now, Caitlin, I know you were watching as well.
Speaker 5: Did you enjoy the game? Just some friends around?
Speaker 9: Yes, I had all the girls around.
Speaker 11: We always have a party for the afl W Grand Finnel great. Yeah, and so we had six of our girlfriends over. We had some chicken euros.
Speaker 1: Chardi party or too early for the Chardi still with the weather, you're not migrated to shady yet.
Speaker 11: Well, we actually we had our Christmas party on the Friday night and I had a few too many there, surprised me.
Speaker 1: I mean I took that as rest. One of my daughters actually once said to me, Caitlin likes to drink a lot. I do love, she said, just based on her Instagram account, there's not a photo right with you, not an empty glass holding a bottle.
Speaker 11: Actually, I only noticed that the last post I put on my Instagram.
Speaker 9: Every single photo I had.
Speaker 11: Had a wine in my hand, and.
Speaker 5: It's like his an Instagram account for a wine influencer.
Speaker 9: I would love to be so happy to.
Speaker 1: Be a wine influencer, an official one. It'd be just nice to make it official.
Speaker 11: So yes, I actually still did have some chiras on Saturday night and had all the girls around, and we were chatting around the table because we had some hot chips there, and they said you cannot have hot chips without sauce, and I said still no, absolutely you can.
Speaker 4: No, I agree with you. Sauce it makes them more soggy and sloppy.
Speaker 5: Anywhoy, No, no, the sauce is the star.
Speaker 11: This was the biggest discussion we had all night. It went I swear to God for an hour.
Speaker 1: I claimed that must have been.
Speaker 4: If you couple, then I missed that party. Wow, yeah, the debate party.
Speaker 1: Round the table. They're watching that grand phone as well. That's what i'nger who watches it round table? Unless you're on Fox Sports, like doing the panel of you at half time? Hey gows, why don't we take it up a not Let's move the kitchen table in front of the young TV.
Speaker 5: Imagine that we're.
Speaker 1: On Fox Sports for first, let's getting some hard talk. Can we get into a hard talk about chips, hot chips, sauce or they're just boring without the sauce?
Speaker 11: No, no, no, But when you have KC chips on McDonald's chips, do you have it with sauce?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 3: Rex, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: When I have Maca's chips, I'll always make sure I get the little thing that's an open yes otherwise, so we'll just trying to saltin songs.
Speaker 4: No, it's this simplicity of the salt. That's all you need.
Speaker 5: You're sort of ruining it where you isn't a sauce.
Speaker 9: Oil is and that's what it's cooked.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we all know that well known condiment where we go in wrestaurants.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, can you with some oil just if you've got any w D fourty in the kitchen?
Speaker 1: But my chips, I know I couldn't anything worse. The sauce is the start. When you are brown sauce, red sauce, Yes.
Speaker 9: The best absolutely not not required.
Speaker 1: No, because the way that everyone you know has its hot chips is you you grab a hand from that pincer movements the universe way. No one doesn't do it like that, and then you you dunk it into the ketchup and so then as you're shoveling in your piehole, the first thing the mouth meets and gets excited by is that, oh is the Tommy sauce is a ketchup lead with power of the ketchup. And then you go, yeah, chips, you can come on in.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what we are leaving out though the power of chicken salt.
Speaker 1: That's a good point that it's I never had it before until I moved here. It's not a thing in the UK. Yeah, it's essential when you cover to here it stamps some chicken salt. Yeah, where do you stand on the sauce debate, Alex, I.
Speaker 4: Can go without.
Speaker 8: I don't mind if I've got chicken sauce.
Speaker 1: I'm happy.
Speaker 4: It's a classy man, sophisticated.
Speaker 5: As you shout out. Friday is a simple man.
Speaker 8: I'm taking you this long to realize that.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: On hot chips, I just presume it's sauce. Producer Caitlin is saying, no sauce. The sauce is the dish. The sauce is the staff Christian out of the pulp fiction debate. Mayonnaise and hot chipsy and mayonnaise is great on hot chips. Even butter sauce on chips. In my time in the UK is chips and curry sauce. It's the best. Yeah, I miss that. If anyone knows we can get hold of that in Melbourne. Please, salt of vinegar with hand cut chips is all you need. No sauce. That's obviously someone who's in prison right now. Also, hand cut chips is cutting your chips robots. Hey, I taking over the jobs and the guys that cut the chips and the factory and cut them.
Speaker 5: Christian, if it needs sauce, it's to taste good.
Speaker 1: It's not very nice. No, come on, who is Lauren? Chips and vinegar? And if I'm a plate, you've got to use a fork. That's some Lauren. And where you well, well you've got forks there now really opening up there that silicon value. You've got.
Speaker 5: Sauce.
Speaker 1: If it's there, I'll have it. It's not a requirement. Strong words from Nathan Gravy. On the other hand, Christian, Yes, and you know, I mean thinking about launching. You know, you've got all these sort of high energy drinks. I'll be thinking about launching my own one. But it's more of a low energy one. And basically we'd just be gravy. You can drink it throughout the day if you're just filling a bit too frantic just to ease off with the energy and a caffeination, it's just a kind of grave.
Speaker 4: If you're really full and stodgy and.
Speaker 1: With it, yeah, that's it, and you fire up about three in the our to me. Yeah, yeah, you just want to doze off at your desk. Dear mister o Connor, Please, we don't meet for manatees. It can be in debate. Hot poternito chips. Must have source, some sort of source is an absolute requirement. Happy Monday, kinme regards Aaron. All right, time now for the Monday game, which is I give the team a word, first person to sing me back a song with that word in it. Are you ready? Players, let's do it? Let's ready? Player one?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 5: Ready, Player two? Ready?
Speaker 1: Player three?
Speaker 5: Yes, you've never done this before? Was checked. I was actually impressed.
Speaker 10: I love the pating you she was.
Speaker 4: Player one thought.
Speaker 1: And an old heard a gap and he went for number two. Rio you snooze, you lose. You have made on my gravy juice of you. It's not a breakfast thing.
Speaker 5: That's the brutal world at breakfast radio.
Speaker 1: You got to claim it. Ye, seize the fl that's the pat story comes out next year. All right, Player one, two and three already, yes, yes, okay, I give you the word.
Speaker 5: You sing the song back to me?
Speaker 12: Home three Home Malabama.
Speaker 1: Pot Keys is on it today. Well donklocky, Uh Soul.
Speaker 4: I don't want another pretty face.
Speaker 6: I don't want just any what oh if you put it in me way, if you play the song while I'm singing, I'm not going to sound good.
Speaker 1: But now it's better actually, because actually the game isn't you singing? Can we get to the actual song to better?
Speaker 5: I thought that someone might go with Hey, Soul's sister.
Speaker 4: Train Max Boks twenty. Well, my mister mister on the radio.
Speaker 1: Who's that creed? He always sounds like you're trying to force out a poo locked up.
Speaker 9: Needs I need you tonight?
Speaker 5: What it sounded like a season ending of Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: In excess?
Speaker 5: Oh my y, it was like it was a karaoke Penny Wise, Patsy Wise, I need you to.
Speaker 9: Watching you shine, Shining, shining?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: How it sounds like we've stuck between two radio stations.
Speaker 4: Hell was that song?
Speaker 1: Well? No, there was Rhianna. Yeah, you haven't got that one from ANX. I'm not sure what Patsy was doing.
Speaker 4: I know it was huge.
Speaker 9: We've been through down this road before.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, pats Yes, yeah, you're right, you're right. It's a well known song. Yes, and other word that Patsy just shut me down.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: We've been through this. We've been down this road before.
Speaker 4: Beat.
Speaker 1: Danced.
Speaker 10: I want to get in heat somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now it's forty five, a little bit slower with some of these clips now peaked. Turdy didn't he hot keys up all night. Were crying into his pillow is Oscopias Street pillow.
Speaker 5: Very upset. He slipped on the third place, Heaven.
Speaker 9: Heaven must be there. Oh, it's just got to be there.
Speaker 1: I thought you would have gone with I mean belly a day. This place doesn't crank out. Heaven is a place on earth. Heaven is a song on Gold you will hear every five hours banger, lock you on hot keys, and none of went for that one. He's f one fan. He's always tired on a Monday. If you notice hockeys star.
Speaker 4: Twinkle twin Banger, I'm played on Gold enough.
Speaker 1: Maybe at nighttime this station four mums and dance just from like it's seven to eight, should go for nursery.
Speaker 4: Run bangers.
Speaker 1: Would be huge Mums and dance, sing and all over Australia.
Speaker 5: True, this much is spanned out. They used to call these slowies.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a no no slowies were that moment of school disco where it's your chance to dance. It's somebody special, Yeah, it's some of the and the d J would go, it's normally one of the teachers. I think it's our biology teacher somehow appropriate would go and now three slow songs back to back, and then women and young young women and young men would all sort of go that a canyon would open up. The biggest gap in the world was that canyon. All the all the boys would be on one side of the sports hall, the girls on the other one, crossing that bridge, crossing that void. Those were the that's the hero's journey. The hero's really walking over there to either be rejected or to get a dance. That's the stuff of life there, guys.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll be honest. There's my idea. This was a mistake.
Speaker 1: This is not firing up anyone, even though I was starting to just zone out from my own radio show.
Speaker 5: This is not a morning song.
Speaker 1: If you if you just tuned in, you either think horror you've actually listened to smooth, or someone's died and hopees and prayers are with the family. Now here's Spandau Ballet and true. You know what we need after seven o'clock news. We need a Monday banger. Okay, we need we need b Emmy, we need big Monday energy. Text in right now. We've got to balance that out. Okay, we've got to cleanse the show. We've got to clear out the system. I need a big banger to come hard out of the seven o'clock after the news, the sport because it loves a bit with those two and then I got a rerun it back up. So text in now, big Monday song four seven five, three, one oh four three.
Speaker 5: Now, this is exciting. We're into the last ten.
Speaker 1: Shows of the year with you guys, and we have big prizes every single day thanks to Ian s and higher where every day this week big prizes and next week I'm Grady kitchen, bathroom and laundry before the festive season, big prizes every single day.
Speaker 5: As I just need to check the satellite.
Speaker 1: We're doing this after seven o'clock, but I just need to check the satellite technology right now that actually is in position to go live to the North Pole where your friend, our friend, Santa's Bogan brother Barry Klaus should be there, Barry. Hello, Hello, Well you're down you're down a mine shaft or something, or down a lift. Good a Christian, I can the Saturnye kind of working, kind of working. And it's been a year.
Speaker 10: It's been way too long, Christian.
Speaker 6: We've been working our bloody butts off over here at the grotto.
Speaker 10: We've got time for you though.
Speaker 6: We're having a smokeo and I got plenty of great stuff.
Speaker 1: To give away now, a lot of listeners. Last year we're worried that it was stolen stuff. This is all the git. You've got the warranties, you know. Obviously you're working at Rob's main warehouse, which is uh we didn't think they's through a bit for some reason, is now relocated to the North Pole.
Speaker 6: Well that's just cost savings for you, Christian, you.
Speaker 10: Know what's life.
Speaker 1: Well that's because in s won't be beaten on price. How do they make those savings? They outsourced that house the North Pole.
Speaker 10: Sheep lavor out of here at them and.
Speaker 1: Then they get the elves to drive over, don't they the old ice road truckers.
Speaker 10: Yes, exactly exactly. You got it. You've got our business model down pack.
Speaker 6: But yes, no stolen goods or genuine higher fridges, wine fridges, white goods ready to go.
Speaker 1: Great, And what are we giving away after seven o'clot this morning?
Speaker 5: What have you got off the racks?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 6: This one is a big teammate higher six hundred and one liters black quad door fridge value up to three thousand, four hundred Aussie dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow, were yeah, because as concerned you were going to go back to Tye Bark.
Speaker 5: We had a few problems last time, didn't we.
Speaker 6: Yes, the conversion rate is actually better, so.
Speaker 10: We're doing it all in Aussie dollars.
Speaker 1: This is good any mate, Thank you very much? Barring greens.
Speaker 5: Did I hear right? The satellite just cut out there? Did you say it had two doors?
Speaker 10: Christian? Double that war doors?
Speaker 1: Four doors?
Speaker 6: You got quady top left, top, right, bottom, bottom right?
Speaker 7: God?
Speaker 1: What is this a game show? All right? This is amazing? Wow wee? So what you've got double doors for the freezer?
Speaker 6: Yes, you've got two freezer doors, so you could have one for say, snacks, frozen pizzas, ritzoles, et cetera. Are the ones your vodka?
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, you're right, you're solving problems here actually because often I don't know when to put my vodka, which I've never dropped from, and I'm or my my frozen wristles.
Speaker 10: You got to keep him separate.
Speaker 1: That's why you're right, You're right, you're right. Come for the coody, but stay for the wristoles. I always say, all right, we're giving it way in five minutes time you finish off that Smoco Barry.
Speaker 5: Clause and we're hook back up in five there, mate.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, all.
Speaker 1: Right, every single day this week and next week as well. We're into last ten shows of the year, ten shows of Christmas, and every single show over the next two weeks thanks to ens and higher, huge big prices. As every morning we go live via satellite three D technology to the North Pole and our friend there now working for Robert Eanes Barry Klaus, Let's play his song.
Speaker 7: Fair Recourses come in a town. Fair recourses come.
Speaker 6: In to test making a list of struppers with gifts like washers.
Speaker 7: And dries and a bloody beef fridge. Fair reclauses come in a town. Stop it at the pub of the Crown. Barry Courses coming to tes.
Speaker 1: The satellite which starts in the last year. You don't need a lot of those in radio production these days. The old classic, good old belch. All right, the satellite is in position. We can go live to the North Pole there where Barry yours is Santa's Bogan brother. Barry, you there.
Speaker 10: Get a cover? How are how good? That song? That's a bloody ripper.
Speaker 5: That is a great one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so how was your weekend?
Speaker 10: What were you up to or had a bit of a big one?
Speaker 6: We had the Ears Christmas party over the weekend, so you know, Rob puts on a hell of a bash.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he goes hard, doesn't he goes? Certainly, those those white teeth don't look so white anymore.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Sheer has lips, they called him, don't they.
Speaker 6: That's his nickname around the office.
Speaker 1: And he puts a wig on, doesn't he?
Speaker 10: Yes, he does.
Speaker 5: He does that big old mullet wig on and gives it the big one. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he comes with warrick capital as he still he goes.
Speaker 1: And what do we get now? This fridge? Tell us about it again, the big fridge that we're giving away today, Barry.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a beauty Christian. It's the higher six hundred and one Leader black cord Or fridge that's valued up to three thousand.
Speaker 10: Three hundred and ninety nine buccaroos.
Speaker 1: Wow, we four doors to quaddy and six hundred and one liters.
Speaker 6: Yeah, six hundred and one. Last year we were into the five hundreds. This year we boosted it up six hundred.
Speaker 5: Well we've really gone higher.
Speaker 10: Oh, very very good.
Speaker 5: Thank you. And you've got this fridge, haven't you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've got this one at home. It is a ripper obviously, it's more.
Speaker 6: Of a sort of an entertaining fridge. I've got big on the old vegetables.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So no veggies, no so, no lebonese cucumbers.
Speaker 6: No, no cucumbers, no capsics, no stone fruits.
Speaker 1: That's in there, you know, because there's a six hundred and one liter.
Speaker 5: What's in there?
Speaker 6: There's so much based Top left, I've got four x's. Bottom right, I've got so top right, I've got bundy rum. And then obviously, like I said before, bottom left, freezer, rissolesure right. And then when i've got you know, a special someone coming over.
Speaker 10: I've got some vodka cold. They love it when it's cold. D over some ice, a bit of a tonic line.
Speaker 1: What oh wow?
Speaker 5: We like chanting to Gordon Ramsey of the Fridge World.
Speaker 1: Okay, chef's case, all right, so Corning, now give me the quady. Why do you need a beautiful big you want to upgrade? Maybe we've only got a two door or sadly like me, a three door. Imagine a new you for twenty six with a four door fridge. That's right, A quad life is calling you. Score lines are open now. The quady line is open now. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Barry, you are going to stay there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I got fifteen more minutes for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, then what you're doing?
Speaker 10: I gotta get back to work.
Speaker 5: Oh of course he cracks that whipped in the old rock.
Speaker 10: He does, he does, He's back on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, So he's not flashing those teeth like that. They're more like Snarley, aren't they? Go with it? You elves.
Speaker 3: I've heard him the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So many calls on Friday. I didn't know so many of you have been extras. So if you've been an extra in anything, please share your story with us.
Speaker 5: Four seven five three one oh four three right now.
Speaker 1: Then in the last ten shows of the year, Big Price is thanks to Ians and higher. I'll grade to your kitchen, Batham and Launchry before the festive season. Welcome to the ten Days of ian esmus Let's play the anthem fare.
Speaker 7: Reclauses come in at down Fair. Recauses come in to.
Speaker 6: Test making a list of truckers with gifts.
Speaker 7: Like washers and rise at a bloody beeg fridge. Reclauses come in at tesn stop it at the pub on the Crown.
Speaker 4: Barry Coaus is coming.
Speaker 1: To test.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: The satellite is stall links up high in the sky. The Starling kids ready ill or Musk is supervising it all. Barry Clause are you there? The North Pole then made how the hell are you? I'm still good Christian? How did Santa's brother Barry can Ossie accent well Shane in Sydney. Actually, Barry and are working on a screenplay right now. We are in talks with Marvel about the whole Barry Class multi first so hopefully on your screens next year. It's going to be big year for the show next year.
Speaker 10: I thought they had a very strict NDA on that Christian I've.
Speaker 1: Said too much. I've set too much. Lucky I didn't mention the musical. Oh I said too much as well. But Kate Sobrano is going to be Barry Claus's girlfriend. But anyway, we're still a lots of sort of a lot of irons and fire at the moment, Barry, what are we giving away this morning?
Speaker 6: We've got a beautiful higher six hundred and one leader black cord door fridge valued up to three three hundred and ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 1: Has he got two adjustable temperature areas within the fridge and freezer?
Speaker 10: You better does.
Speaker 6: It's even got purer ice touched by fridge air or odors absolute ice technology.
Speaker 1: Now the fridge I've got the moment is just single zone air.
Speaker 5: What's this? Baby?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 6: You must be living in nineteen sixty five, Christian, Yeah, I must be.
Speaker 10: This says multi zone air.
Speaker 6: Watch here so it evenly circulates cool air to every corner of a fridge top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right.
Speaker 1: And next you'll be telling me it's got filtered water and ice, both available through the door.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, you don't even have to open the door. You just go to the fridge. Bang, water, bang, ice easy.
Speaker 1: Wow, wait, this is huge. All right, let's let's give this baby away. First up, let's go to Christian. Good morning, Christian, Welcome to the show. Good morning Christian. Good morning, Barry.
Speaker 10: Clause, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 12: I was really really excited to hear all of the amazing features this fridge has. Let me tell you about my fridge currently, it's fifty liter Ancho Eski. What my bagle decided wet. My partner and I moved into our new rental over the weekend.
Speaker 1: My ble 's the cord.
Speaker 12: What the fridge, oh no, is now defrosted? And what we could salvage we got from Kmart, the lovely people.
Speaker 3: That came out.
Speaker 12: We were able to purchase a little Ancho fifty leader cooler for one hundred and twenty dollars. That is what's keeping my fridge my stuff cool this morning.
Speaker 1: That is a nightment of that naughty little beagle.
Speaker 12: Yes, Luna is well, yes, well she got to eat some of the dew frosted meat.
Speaker 5: That's why she did. It was the big plan. And I know you're a dog. Love what you've got on rock Villers, haven't you, Barry?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got six pitbulls actually, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: They're all and they're all called Pittball, aren't they after mister Worldwide?
Speaker 5: Yeah, your favorite artist.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they love little board caps on as well.
Speaker 1: And oh great, mister White, they'll come running. It's a lovely ship, all right. Christians staying there, it might be you. Let's got to Sean now, who is in need of an upgrade to his fridge. Sean, good morning, how are we? We're good?
Speaker 5: You're live to the North Pole as well with Barry claws.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yes, good morning barring hope. It's nice and cold up there, keeping everything crisp because my fridge just doesn't.
Speaker 10: Oh what happens to your fridge? Sewn?
Speaker 13: Oh look god, mine's not from the North Pole. Mind. Actually must be from Ireland, because what actually happens is nothing freezes in the freezer and everything freezes in my crystal.
Speaker 10: Oh no that's not enough, Sean.
Speaker 13: Yeah, in my biker it's just room temperature.
Speaker 4: I no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: We cannot have this. And you've got a family there. You need a decent fridge over Christmas if you've got a family, Yes.
Speaker 13: Yes, I've got my wife and I've got my youngest son with us twenty odd years old. Eating is out of house and home, so the size of the fridge is very crucial. We definitely I make rissoles all week, every week, come home.
Speaker 5: And they're all gone.
Speaker 1: Rissole Life Friends, Rissole Life, Sean, you are the winner.
Speaker 13: Our beautiful sensational guys. You've made my made my year.
Speaker 1: Listen. I really hope that isn't true. And actually twenty twenty five has given you more, but the emotions are higher right now. Absolutely, thank you, second one and yes you've won six hundred and one liter quad door fridge. Happy Christmas.
Speaker 13: Yes, thank you, thank you. It used to be a chef, so it'll be put to great great good news.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, but you do a mean Rissole Sean. You're the family of a lovely Christmas. Congratulations mate, Thank you crew, all the best for Christmas as well. Didn't fancy playing any of the winners music under that Marry and Bats, Sorry about that, Bart Barry. What are we giving away tomorrow?
Speaker 10: What are we giving away tomorrow? That is a brilliant question with you, But you just told me that I've got.
Speaker 1: So you had a piece of paper in front of you, Parry, I'm I mean obviously got one of our team. Caten's at the North part with you right now. She flew out there last night.
Speaker 6: They've gone the environmentally safe option with the double sided paper and it always gets me.
Speaker 10: But we do have a higher ten kular gram dark front.
Speaker 6: Load washing machine valued up to one and ninety nine Aussie dollars.
Speaker 10: Christian call it what it is.
Speaker 1: It's a two Q.
Speaker 10: It's a two k.
Speaker 1: That's right, go once, going twice going tomorrow morning as once more this show takes you higher.
Speaker 5: It was three one oh thanks to.
Speaker 10: Barry.
Speaker 1: I can't afford any more with the starlink. Muskie's rates are very high. We catch up with you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 10: It's tomorrow, old mate.
Speaker 1: See say hi to all the pitbulls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that for the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: So last week, I mean the team woman over the Sydney and we filmed a TV advert that's going to be on next year in January when the show goes national.
Speaker 5: So we're going into.
Speaker 1: Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and we can't wait. Happens January the nineteenth, and there were a lot of extras at times it was like a sort of zombie movie, like an episode of The Walking Dead, And I was actually, what kind of vibe we're going for? You know, because sometimes you have the TV on, don't you You drift off when the adverts are on, suddenly going to see us slot and on one of myth like is this an Australia Is this an Australian version of the Walking Debt? However, when they see that Australian's love banner, I did not know about the banner in that script.
Speaker 4: That was a low budget banner.
Speaker 1: You don't say people work really hard.
Speaker 5: One of the extras got fired, did you know that?
Speaker 1: Because he didn't have a strong enough risks to hold that cheap ass banner up.
Speaker 5: That that old guy that was his only I think it was his only acting gig of the year. He got booted off.
Speaker 1: One of the directors with stronger, younger wrists to do the important work of holding a banner. I'm like, couldn't they just type this out in post production the name of the show in all of the details. We need a banner. Anyway, So we were working a lot of extras. So on Friday we had so many stories we ran out of time? Have you ever been an extra? Thirteen fifty five twenty two we spoke to Glenda was an extra in Nightmares and Dreamscapes two of You, and that she got stuck in Lifted with a great actor William Hurt. You might see him in broadcast News and loads of other movies. Michelle was an extra in Jenny Craig commercial. I forgot about that. Darren one instantly Call of the Week. What a Alaraican he should be in a Hall of Fame. Was an extra in a VB commercial. It was next to a model with a banner. Tell the banners win. Punching above you weight so good? Or as a k put it here, punching below your weight. I've never heard that phrase, mate, punching below your weight?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, it's the topic of tomorrow's phone in punching. What's punching below.
Speaker 5: That mean?
Speaker 1: Does that mean you were some moo moo someone who's not good looking?
Speaker 5: Is that my wife?
Speaker 1: She introduces me, christ punching way below my life. I just realized now what that means. Happy Christmas kid, Eric Christian. About twenty years ago, I was an extra in Charlotte's Web they filmed here in Melbourne in an extended sequence at a fairground. I was eleven years old and all the food popcorn, candy, apples, corn dogs, was completely real.
Speaker 5: They paid me one thousand dollars to take two weeks off school.
Speaker 1: I mean you would have done it for free, two weeks out of school to pick out at a carnival. Best job I ever had? Let's do that as a finding topic this week. Best job you ever had?
Speaker 5: Josie.
Speaker 1: I was an extra in Neighbors for many years. I walked by, I was in the cafe, I went to weddings, I was in the parking lots of different scenes Neighbors, and then I got too old and they stopped.
Speaker 5: Wow that show is that is showbiz? Poor old man.
Speaker 1: He couldn't pick up that banner. You're done, Grundad, get out now. Lockie, who is our audio architect on the show, has been an extra, Locky, what were you an extra?
Speaker 5: What were you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Speaking of our best jobs I've ever had, apart from this.
Speaker 1: One, well saved, well saved a bunch of below your weight while you're getting this job.
Speaker 14: No, I got to in twenty twelve. I did have to look up the film because it was we didn't really know where it was, but we got six hundred bucks for the day to pretty much go down the water slide.
Speaker 1: That sounds a bit shifty. What you what you can't remember the movie?
Speaker 4: Mental?
Speaker 14: We're looking up now, Mental?
Speaker 1: Mental. There you go, Tony Collette, Oh, Tony collect Well you're going down the side with Tony Collett.
Speaker 14: No, she wasn't there on the day, but we got to do that thing that every lifeguard hates, is to back the water up. And so you wait, you build a build and build to make it more dramatic. And yeah, for six hundred bucks, we just wished down the slot. Great gig, Yeah, great geek and for about two seconds of screen time.
Speaker 1: All right, give us a call now then lines are open now thirteen fifty five twenty two at any moment on the show where we when we hear a great story, there's one thousand dollars up for grabs for our instant caller of the week.
Speaker 5: We'll take your stories next.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show Go On podcast.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been an extra?
Speaker 1: If you have, we'd have to hear your stories. Chris Man extra in far Lap. Oh he's done. Some animal handling work in country practice. Obviously, if there's an animal scene, man is who you call? Chris Mann, Alexandra. Not many recognize my efforts. My hands were used to hold whoppers in TV commercials.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Chris, I'm.
Speaker 1: Blessed with small, soft hands and short fingers, enabling the burger sizes to appear bigger.
Speaker 5: For marketing. Wow, Alexandra, that's so funny.
Speaker 6: You always say, Christian that you think you have beautiful hands and that you would make a great hand model.
Speaker 1: I think it would actually, Yeah, I still believe that that's hopefully ahead for me in my next few years. First and national show, but then the big thing. Wished to be an Australia's premiere next big hand model, Christian. I wasn't an extra, but it was a co star in a TV advert for my father in law's business. It was for Optivizer, an alternative to the big neck bucket for dogs you got smaller ones. It feels like a sort of a Cramer.
Speaker 5: I do in.
Speaker 1: Nathan.
Speaker 5: That's great, all right, stay some cools here?
Speaker 1: Who we got here?
Speaker 5: Christine? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good? I hope you had a lovely weekend. So tell us about your extra work.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was an extra in a show called Lebrier. It was filmed a few years ago here in Melbourne and so exciting. You know, four days running up and down this street doing about fifteen k's and running screaming in between part cars, like like, you know, we were scared because we were told where the sinkhole was. And then when the trailer came out, I was telling everyone, go, oh, you're going to watch a show. It's going to be really cool. You're go into a sinkhole and you're going to another dimension. And the shorts were actually on this sink hole that we were running from. So I'm like, I'm sure I'm going to be in the opening scenes. And they killed me off. You got cut yep, I was in in the sinkhole and you don't even see me. All you can see is the back of the person that I was running back.
Speaker 1: What sinkhole tonight.
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to just cut in that scene that's still there somewhere and entry and chuck chuck it into three seconds randomly of our TV advert for the show.
Speaker 5: Wait did that woman just fall down? A sin whether they film this in Sydney.
Speaker 4: In two dimensional radio show.
Speaker 1: Do you mean when we go into Adelaide. Yeah, they can be a little bit strange at locals there. Christine, great story, very well told. You have a lovely week. Thank you, and we are in December. We may not speak again before Christmas. Have a happy Christmas.
Speaker 2: You two very Christmas guys.
Speaker 1: Is it two hourly starts? Say?
Speaker 4: That's so weird.
Speaker 1: I came halfway through it and I was like, I think you're going too soon. Maybe next week.
Speaker 6: Because they said a person and where you have to say Merry Christmas to every caller for the next.
Speaker 5: Two I'm going to circle back down the eighth and next Monday I'll start with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that was just a little test of waters and it felt weird, all right, Josh, good morning, Josh morning.
Speaker 5: Christian Team.
Speaker 1: How are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are really good? Josh, So you've been an extra Yes.
Speaker 1: I had been a number of times that. One of the most probably enjoyable one was in Jack Irish in season three where Old A Detectives.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, it's a good show. It was there, great show and did you did you have lines?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, I was just meant to be in the background. Mute detective, a witness.
Speaker 5: I suppose Jack irish and go we should fire that guy just says nothing, lazy detective.
Speaker 1: That's right. Typical is this here for admin? He's just a more of a note taker really, you know, he's on the WhatsApp group. He just sort of just puts his findings.
Speaker 5: Up there.
Speaker 4: With a gun.
Speaker 1: A great listener, the listening detective exactly. So you're soon that you were also in Fisk as well. That's right, Yes, great show that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was that was probably the first, the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really fun, really fun.
Speaker 3: Big guy, a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: And Josh, thank you very much for giving us a call. Worries have a great time, guys, thank you very Christmas.
Speaker 1: I think he was holding on for it. Now he's hanging out going it's a bit ruding it the other guy who've got one nothing, I'm going to speak to him full Christmas.
Speaker 2: Kate, Morning Morning Team.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 5: We're very good, Happy Christmas. Kate.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know what I've do it over the place, guys.
Speaker 5: Alrighty Kate, tell us about Kate the extra yeap.
Speaker 15: So I was doing work experience for the small country town TV station, and that day we're filming an ad for online. Not online, No, we're talking early two thousand and so a phone dating ad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I remember that.
Speaker 15: Yes, yeah, the model never turned up, so they thought, oh, we'll just recruit the work experienced girl. And yeah, they didn't pay me either.
Speaker 1: So that's.
Speaker 5: Your mum and dad weren't happy with that. I'm speaking as a dad.
Speaker 4: Give us some money.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not pemping my kids out. That's not the issue here. Real of cash. I think I'm going around this or you know, the network's going You got any dodgy ads that my kids can do? Bring back?
Speaker 5: Phone dating?
Speaker 1: You remember that?
Speaker 4: So would you would you like hook up with another stranger on the phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they lot of chat.
Speaker 1: You what youth? This is before only fans, it was called only phone. Oh okay, that's a funny one. Kate, thank you very much for giving us a call. Thank you, Bye, Happy Christmas.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Time for the penultimate It's got This year has been the quickest year of my life. Everyone else think the twenty twenty five has just been ridiculously quick. Yeah, crazy flown by come with her in December. Yeah, crazy, don't feel like it's quite it's quite sort of ready for Christmas.
Speaker 5: Patsy Is she's started that in September. Action. All right, it's time for from this week's Mishard lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's just another Mishardman day, Christian O'Connell's Misshard Lyrics. Every Monday on the Christian o'connells Show, we play back all your misheard lyrics.
Speaker 5: We love doing this.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, so faithful that keep this going every single day, even over the weekend. Some hot new ones that are in today's one. I came through. I loved getting all the emails. Thank you very much. As always, when you miss here a lyric, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. So the way this works if your new listen to the show also playing the back. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you'll hear this. If we don't hear it, you'll hear this. And for the really brilliant ones, come on into the Hall of Fame now. Last week we had two Hall of Famous great ones. Adrian gave us this great one from Nick Kershaw of the song wouldn't it be good? Wouldn't it be good? To beat the Russians? Matty Cox had this from Mike Posner. I drive a sports card just to pooh.
Speaker 4: Id you have a sports card just to pool?
Speaker 1: You have to wonder why those guys do that. You know what they're making up for so you can get to the toilet. Quicker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, if you gotta go, you gotta go. Lambo's gonna get you there.
Speaker 1: Quicker. All right, let's get some brand new ones. This came in over the weekend and it caught my eye. I love this one, this one Simon the Pearl Jam classic Jeremy of course, the original line Jeremy's spoken, or is it Jeremy's bogan? Simon's email came in here today and I fired up the song that kept re whiting and playing it once more. Jeremy's bogan. That's a hall of fame? Come on in?
Speaker 5: Is that the first misheard involving the word bogan?
Speaker 4: Great question?
Speaker 1: I think I think it is, Yeah, breaking new ground. Riley's been listening to one D and the song what a feeling? The original line, but you've got stars they're in your eyes now I'm afraid Riley said quite a bit of a rude word here, and so if there are very young people on the school run right now, maybe turn the radio down for this one. Suddenly there are mums and dads trying to reach for the volunt control and the kids are going done up, done it up right, he's hearing. But you've got stars, they're in your ass. As always, I'm just a messenger here and let's hit it again. You've got stars, they're in your ass. What a compliment to say to somebody as well? Uh, Chrissy Pollard's but listening to Michael Jackson, bads, you're throwing stones to hide your hands.
Speaker 5: That line doesn't even make any sense as it is. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: It's a revelation to me. You're throwing stones to hide your hands? Or is it you're throwing spoons at your new Yes, that might be one of my favorite statu ones of the year. This is the image someone throwing spoons at their nan. Once more, you're throwing spoons at your nan. Hall of Famer for Chrissy Pollards. Now, what a great name listener has Allison Beer. Oh, Now, I think this week we should do try and form a menu of listener's surnames that you find on a menu. I'll tell you why. I got an email from a listener of the Weekend about some nonsense that won't be going on it anyway. His name Pete fries Now it was a judge Bennet was actually obviously Pete de Friese, but it was f r I E.
Speaker 5: S fries is his surname.
Speaker 1: Okay, So names that you find surnames you'd find on a because obviously Alison Beer that's on the drink section. Alison Beer. A bear quite go cold Chisel loves me like a sister loves I'm gonna ruin this song for people. Forget about Three Legged Goat loves me like a sea slugs slug. He just lets that you hang on a long time. He doesn't quite get to end it with the g once More loves me like a sea slug. What do we think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, And McKay has been listening to Justin Bieber's Sorry. You know I try, but I don't do too well with apologies.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: This song is called sorry, so yeah too bad.
Speaker 5: You know I tried, but I don't do too well with a pile of cheese.
Speaker 3: Apology.
Speaker 1: I always thought Beams was lactose intolerance. That is a great one, Mikayla.
Speaker 5: You know, I try, I try, but I don't do well with a pie of cheese.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a better song, better song, all right, then, Mikayla, come on in Hall of Famer. Those are outstanding. Thank you very much to everyone who keeps us going as always. The email addresses Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: So Patsy over the weekend. I know it was a big weekend for your family. Your daughter Ordie was in this production of Xanadu and killed at that beautiful theater there.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, it was so good. The kids were on roller skates and the head outfits. It was so so good. They did a fantastic job.
Speaker 5: So this wasn't a school production. This was a another organization.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Stage School Australia. So they're like a theater sort of school that the kids do outside of school and it is just brilliant. They have little little tiny kids right up to like eighteen nineteen year olds.
Speaker 1: And my daughters did this in the UK, and they're not particularly sporting gifted.
Speaker 9: And it's relate.
Speaker 1: And they but what they found through is it it was another way for them to get in a team and sport isn't the only way to do that. And they made so many great friends that Camorage where you getting through the nerves of it all. And the productions, I'm not just saying this as a proud dad. They were like their high end.
Speaker 9: Oh this was phenomenal, so good you.
Speaker 5: Pay money for it, wouldn't you to see that the kids worked so hard you can't believe it.
Speaker 9: Marveling at the costumes, like there was hundreds of kids and they all just looked phenomenal and just the beams on their faces. It just brings you so much joy to watch a child on stage or whether it's on the field with sports, when they've found their thing and it's just brilliant. But you know, she's at that age now where she's getting a bit funny. So they have like the red carpet and I was told, very very firmly, you get one photo, mom, one photo. So normally she'd let me be there for four or one photo. Get it right, because you get one, so you know, and it's like no kissing before, you know, good luck, nothing like that. It's like you're a bit of an embarrassment.
Speaker 1: I got some flowers once to sort of present to one of my daughters before the show, and I didn't get to hand it to them.
Speaker 5: It was just like this, this look and just look.
Speaker 1: I was met with and eyes.
Speaker 4: And that's what it was like.
Speaker 9: In the weekend, Chris had a beautiful, big bunch of pink roses for her. She came out and I said, oh, Daddy's got some roses for Oh yeah, not now, Dad, just exhausted.
Speaker 5: They just don't want you to make it weird. You know, I'm still making it weird. It was like the other day I hadn't seen my daughters.
Speaker 1: In a week and I was giving big hugs and I'm like, Okay, they don't make it weird. I'm sorry that my unconditional love is weird.
Speaker 4: That breaks a little bit more each time.
Speaker 1: I would have killed rog like that for my dad. Why do you think I get up at four am still looking for that validation taking out on the world. And so what was all his character in it was.
Speaker 5: She's anna do Yeah, she was zenad.
Speaker 9: She was in the ensemble as Zenad and it was just it was just so fantastic. So they did elos am Alive and they did Zena Do and it.
Speaker 1: Was just it was what fun And when you went how to film it all those things when they have someone doing, they have to pay like one hundred and twenty dollars to get.
Speaker 5: A copy of it with thumb drive.
Speaker 9: Even the photos like everything's you know, top price. No, you can't take photos or video anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's always a certain type of person. I won't name where they're from in the world, but they do have a nationality. There's always a certain type of parent turns up with that flipping great iPad.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it's an iPad.
Speaker 9: But she she reckons she could hear me singing back in like we're in ro poor kids. So I could hear you singing, Oh God, that's my mum.
Speaker 3: Let her in.
Speaker 1: We even told like, don't sit.
Speaker 5: In the front row, second or third row. I might be able to see you, God forbid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking proud, looking.
Speaker 9: Proud, protocols real, I tell you it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: But you must have you and Christmas have felt so proud afterwards.
Speaker 9: I bad I felt really happy because to see her happy, that's all you want is for your kid to be happy, regardless of what their vocation is. So to see her like that, it's Yeah, it's beautiful. I think it's great.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Of all Singers have got thick glasses.
Speaker 1: Proclaimers are on that Mount Rushmarant there on a Buddy Holly, like real thick, real, you know heavy.
Speaker 5: You've got those proper old Joe nineties. You know those big thick ones. Rio. Do you not think you need to upgrade?
Speaker 1: Because honestly, the way you sort of squint of that laptop, we either need to get you a prescription laptop specs savors. Why don't you do laptop a prescription on a laptop screen? Yeah, like a plus two point two that's what I need.
Speaker 4: I need you a big like sixty five inch screen or something like that for my life.
Speaker 1: No, you need to get that great big one. Do you ever see my laptop? It ways like eight kilos. It's an extra large one just so I can type on it. All right, let's do today's time waster, all right, Today's time waster. It is supposed to be the first day of summer, first summer today, first of December. We're looking for your summer movies, the best in show. We've got a double pass to go to Village Cinema's Gold Class loads of great movies out the moment for the best in show today with your summer movies. You can text in your ones four seven five three one oh four three kontiki.
Speaker 4: Air very good, Silver plas.
Speaker 1: Life Guardians of the Galaxy Gold. Actually know I meant lifeguards the Galaxy.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: Love guardians is funny of word though.
Speaker 5: Would you call them a life guardian?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: But that's why it's funny.
Speaker 5: I feel like I want to have some British ones I'd call life guardians.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, life guardian.
Speaker 5: My roses run out. It's sat in the top of the glass as well.
Speaker 1: Actually, if you don't mind, my wife.
Speaker 5: And I life guardians. Dude, where's my caravan?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 1: Oh no, he loved getting in the summers.
Speaker 5: Now get the caravan out, Fire up that caravan. That's what you all say.
Speaker 1: Put a shrimp on the barbie, then you go, yeah, let's go and get in that caravan once with about these shrimps.
Speaker 5: Now, For some of us, the summer means getting the zyrtect.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it.
Speaker 5: You know we're talking Saturday night, Hey fever.
Speaker 4: Gold, I had it. I don't know if you're over the weekend. I was straggling.
Speaker 1: Oh my yeah, yeah, don't even get me. That breaks sponsor by xotek l La sand.
Speaker 5: To dance. You've got sand. I'm you're a realm Jackson and we're going back back.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I never have it. It's free tan by me. Okay, rio, let's what have you got, my young friend?
Speaker 5: What have you got? Summer movies?
Speaker 4: Slip slop, slappy feet.
Speaker 5: Oh that's very good. Gold.
Speaker 4: I am Tan.
Speaker 5: I stole that from me.
Speaker 4: Bikini to the Future.
Speaker 5: Silver and King Thong Kong Gold, very good.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Today we're confud Summer a movie. It is supposed to be the start of summer, but it looks like the next two day it's going to be shabby weather than a brief bit of the sun on Wednesday. Anyway. Best in show Today's Summer a movie Gold Class Double Pass at Village Cinemas. Some good movies at the moment. Patsy absolutely loved Wicked for Good. Also, Glen Pound's big new movie, The Running Man is out as well. All right, Rio, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 4: I'm ready?
Speaker 5: All right? Summer movies.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just remembered it's the Ashes of Back Thursday. I just had I just had a candor alert and get ready to be disappointed Thursday. And you can tell what about sitting front of the TV all weekend? It probably all over by that John Wicket. I think it's that's also what I just saw that phrase Wicked PTSD three sun beds outside Ebbing, Missouri. Ronz coming out all the law. One's Christian, it's Indiana Jones of the Grass Crusades.
Speaker 5: I go very good. Justin the Wizard of Moss. You know all the little modis. That's some Michelle Barley and me.
Speaker 4: Oh gold, that's very good.
Speaker 5: Danny.
Speaker 1: The fault in our swimsuits Bronze Honey, No, no, we're not doing that Daylight saving Private Ryan. Yes, silver plus Pims of the Caribbean from Jenny Silver Plus, Johanny Reeve stars and Speedo's Godla.
Speaker 5: Just the image.
Speaker 1: It's powerful. Rio.
Speaker 5: Who's Today's got.
Speaker 4: To be one?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Done, James. We're back tomorrow. Have a great day, enjoy the rain.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast