Speaker 1: Have you ever thought about your partner and if they were a piece of clothing, what would they be?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've thought about my partner heaps, but I've never thought they were a piece of clothing.
Speaker 1: Now, I know you think I'm crazy, but this is off the back of Logan Yuri's book How Not to Die Alone. Now if you've never heard of Logan Uri, she is an amazing author and a relationship expert. She's actually the relationship expert for Hinge. We have interviewed her on lifelun Cut podcasts, the podcast that Laura and I do.
Speaker 3: She's brilliant, she is amazing.
Speaker 2: She has a bit of an odd theory though, which I can't one hundred percent get my head around.
Speaker 1: She asks the question so when she does one on ones with a person, she says, to them, if your partner were a piece of clothing in your closet, something that you wear, what would they be? And the answer is supposed to be indicative of like your true deep feelings of them. And what I mean by that is some people might say when they think really deeply, oh, you know, they used to be like this big, beautiful, favorite woolen jumper, but now it's like it's been in a dryer too long and it's just itchy and scratches me all the time. And then they break down, and what that means in terms of okay, cool, the relationship has changed to a point that they're annoying.
Speaker 2: This really screams to me that we need to label things too much. There's too many labels. We've gone too far. Everything needs needs a terminology, everything needs to be psychoanalyzed. Yeah, I've never thought of my husband, prior to us talking about this of being a piece of clothing. I think it is really interesting.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great thought starter and a great conversation starter for your partners. So like, go home tonight or right now and ask your partner this question.
Speaker 3: I asked Ben this.
Speaker 1: We all everyone in the room when I ask their partners this, And I said to Ben.
Speaker 3: Don't overthink it.
Speaker 1: If I were a piece of clothing in your wardrobe, what would I be? And without missing a beat, he said, you would be my sneakers, sneakers.
Speaker 3: And my immediate thought was like, why are you trying to run away from me? No, I was like, why are you trying to walk all over me? Like I didn't you know. I was like, sneakers is weird? And I said, why would aver you sneakers?
Speaker 1: And he said, well, because you know, I have a sneaker fetish.
Speaker 3: He loves his sneakers.
Speaker 1: He's got a hunt pairs of shoes, he loves them, and he takes such good care of them.
Speaker 3: He said, you'd always be with me.
Speaker 1: I would always look after you because you're my favorite piece of clothing. So we got there in the end, and I thought that that was really wholesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I was going to describe Mat.
Speaker 2: I'd call him a linen shirt, specifically linen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's also because.
Speaker 2: He's always wearing linen shirts, so that that's what I think of as well. But also like breezy and like you know, like so comfortable and like great all seasons.
Speaker 1: I would say Ben would be a bodysuit because I want him close to me.
Speaker 3: No, okay, Producer Grays, you have no because we all heard what you said prior to him.
Speaker 2: That was, yeah, yeah, you know why you want him to be a bodysuit, right, What about you, Producer Grays, what would your partner be?
Speaker 4: I asked my wife what I would be, and she said, I would be a cute, sexy, little halt neck top and why I'm strappy, a bit unhinged, ready to fall apart. Looks really cute but isn't the most functional for all weather, but you love it anyway.
Speaker 3: I think that i'd.
Speaker 1: Actually such a brilliant, well thought answer, and it's just enough of a compliment. Sandwich like you're a little unhinged, like maybe you're gonna fall down a flash boob, but maybe you're.
Speaker 2: Not, like who knows, or have mental breakdown, who knows.
Speaker 3: There's so many of these.
Speaker 2: If you did think of a piece of clothing, or you asked your partner and they did call you a piece of clothing, go on to the pickup. We'll link the article so then you can figure it out. But there's things like, for example, statement belt, the person who adds flare and definition to otherwise ordinary situations. Blazer polish when needed, but can be thrown over, jeans for brunch.
Speaker 3: The reliable grown up who somehow.
Speaker 2: Manages to pay bills on timefe all knows how to have fun.
Speaker 3: This one the.
Speaker 1: Knockoff Gucci handbag looks impressive from a distance but falls apart under scrutiny like we will have been there.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised no one's describing me as that