Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 2: Sweety Pie is Glad You're back, Glad We're here, Glad life is here to live. I've been hearing some truly saddening things on the internet. One in particular is talking about for years and years and years people are predicted the canoe tipping theory with climate change, the year that it just gets really, really terrible, And every year that people talk about it, audiences get more and more disillusioned because they're like, you talk about this every year, But when this first came out in the seventies, the year they predicted things to go could put twenty twenty, They're like, it rapidly declines from there, and by twenty thirty, quality of life is worse than the nineteen hundreds. I mean, it just is not great. So that's a little something to leave you weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Where from today about thinking, and I'm always just passing on thoughts.
Speaker 2: Cannot I know, I can't suffer alone. I refuse not since lockdown. But I also wanted to chat about what if ten million dollars landed in your account, would you spend it or would would you turn it in. I think this says a lot about people. It's kind of like our own little litmus test for now. Obviously kind of people you want to surround yourself with are quite clear you'll figure it out in due time.
Speaker 4: Also, he dumbed me because I listened to commercial radio. It's a listener story, quite harrowing, but relatable for some Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kita FLEXI have you heard of ozembic? I have.
Speaker 4: It is likely if you're listening to this that you've heard of ozenbic. It is a medication in the treatment of diabetes, which is.
Speaker 2: Very surprising because in pop culture it's been referred to as a weight loss drug. Yeah, fascinating and.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, yes, it does make you lose weights. So yes, we've seen ozeenpic be the source of memes. Yes, come kind of like a pop culture mainstay, just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Anybody who is looking particularly thin, people make jokes inferring that they've been taking ozenpic to assist in that weight loss.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I think in that realm, I mean half of the criticism sism of ozen pic or maybe seventy percent. Is that this popularity of the drug is meaning that it's harder for people who need.
Speaker 1: It for their health to get it.
Speaker 4: But also it's kind of like, you know, the common idea is that weight loss is often not healthy, or it's kind of like it's there is no such thing as a magical pill to make you healthier. However, I have come across an article allegedly ozembic is being tried to treat addiction and dementia. This is a story in The Guardian how scientists are hopeful that the weight loss drug Love, how they're calling it, that could have other effects, lowering cardiovascular disease and helping to treat pcos nature. So we know that it can help people lose more than ten percent of their body weight. That's been well chronicled, but now these scientists are looking at setting up clinical trials for other things. So one of the doctors at the University of Whole said that this kind of makes sense. So excessive weight has been identified as a significant significant risk factor for a range of comorbidities like fatty liver, cancer, dementia, cardiovascular diseases, So it makes sense that if you take something that makes you lose weight, you're going to be more healthy.
Speaker 2: Or just less prone to having those illnesses.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, And this month the company that produces wigov announce that the weight loss job can reduce the risk of major cardiovascular events like a stroger a heart attack by twenty percent in people who are living with obesity. But we are as fascinating, No, no, no, But this is the thing with this rate gets actually interesting because I know I would say that's pr The scientists say it's not clear if the results are down to the weight loss alone, but it could be that they are having direct effects on the blood.
Speaker 1: Vessels or the heart.
Speaker 4: Experts also, I reckon drugs like it's kind of ozeenpic. Another one called something else could make a difference to the polycystic ovary syndrome. This can affect eight to thirteen percent of women, and it's also linked to insulin resistance and the high risk of type two diabetes.
Speaker 2: This is what I was mentioning a couple of weeks ago. If we ever think there's a point where it's too much information for the average person to have, so for example, all we know about ozen pic is fringe conversations people take this, they lose weight. Maybe it's for diabetes, maybe it's not. And then we get access to this information, and so far it's saying a lot of could ifs. Maybe it could do this, maybe it could do that, maybe it could do this, and maybe it could do that. But what happens is that after we consume this article and the six thousand other pieces of things we consume in a day, that just gets diluted down to like ozepic is good for health. I'm sure it would, because that's how it's coming across. Like it's like okay, like I'm not seeing any negatives they're coming out. Also, what I think is very interesting about the way that people perceive o zembic use is that for so long pop culture, mainstream culture, health and wellness, et cetera, the rhetoric it's been fat is not good and people should do whatever it takes to slim down and change your lifestyle. So people start doing whatever it takes, and then it becomes again a character assessment. Why are you doing it that way though? Why can't you do it in a noble way, in an honorable way. Why are you getting surgery? Why don't you just sweat just exercise. You didn't say that in the criteria. You didn't say that by any means necessary. So the means have arrived. What would you do if you woke up one random day checked your account and there was ten million dollars go? If you say anything other than spend it, you're a liar.
Speaker 1: Spend it.
Speaker 2: Was there part of me that wasn't going to spend it.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna do investment options, Like.
Speaker 2: Really, the criteria is like, are you spending it? Are you not spending it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to get a one way ticket.
Speaker 2: No one asked are you spending it? Are you not spending it? Through to spending it?
Speaker 1: Babe?
Speaker 2: You spending it?
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, be serious Mickey spinning it?
Speaker 2: Well no, if he's not spending it for you spending it?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, thank you, Julie some sense?
Speaker 2: Is it ethical?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: My?
Speaker 2: Is it ethical? Who are you sharing?
Speaker 3: Sit with?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: Are delusional?
Speaker 2: Ethical? Ten million dollars landing your account?
Speaker 1: No, it's not ethical.
Speaker 2: A guy did go to jail for this. And this is what I'm concerned about. Making the grab.
Speaker 3: When ten point four million dollars landed in this Victorian mother's bank account. She says her boyfriend convinced her it was a prize from crypto dot com, but the deposit was a banking blunder that the company didn't notice for seven months. By then, Feva Managari Menovel and Jatinder Singh had spent most of it.
Speaker 2: So imagine, right, ten million dollars les landed in your account. The person you're dating at the time, well, let's say a loved one. Let's do with that. A loved one convinces you that you probably won the prize money. You know who knows where it came from. You want it. It's yours. You can't trace it back. It doesn't say where it came from. But if it landed in your account, it's meant.
Speaker 1: To be yours.
Speaker 2: So what do you do. You go on a spending spree. You pay off your friend's mortgage, You buy your daughters a couple of houses, a couple of cars. You enjoy yourself for seven months. Then the bank starts knocking hanging. We accidentally put money in your account, and unless you give it back to us, you'll be arrested. It's a criminal offense.
Speaker 1: Shut up, that's yours.
Speaker 2: I feel like when you make a banking transaction on your apps, they always warn you if you don't put in the right details and it goes to somewhere it's not meant to go. That's not on us fast. So now why are we flipping the script if you put this ten mil where it wasn't meant to go. I felt like that's just an lu take uh huh, mark as a loss.
Speaker 1: Agreed, I will never forget.
Speaker 4: In year five I play, I was a big RuneScape girly and I was always level six Emerald plate skirt.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, but is that like the lowest level.
Speaker 1: It's when you just learned how to fish.
Speaker 4: And I started talking to this guy and he was like a criminal on RuneScape and he's like, I'll get you access to an account that's level one hundred, which is like the best level. Will that's like a top level, And it was like my first taste of what it would be like to like be rich and famous. And then ever since you did it one hundred percent, I've got taken down in about ten minutes. But the rush of endorphins are like this was essentially ten million dollars in RuneScape Land I was walking around like it was being famous in the RuneScape landscape.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I can.
Speaker 4: I can understand the megalomaniac tendencies that will come out. I'll be buying a house in colining Wood's a little beach patter in Saint kay Aulder.
Speaker 2: Either way, you gotta look at for yourself.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: That's what I've learned from this story. Now, this poor person who's paid off their friends more, who's getting howded by seven years for being a bad person, I can't believe. Look at the world we live in, and you would do it too. We all do it, except Josh and Mickey. Three out of every five people would do it. Watch your back.
Speaker 1: Flex and frilms on kedus.
Speaker 2: If you were hoping that Justin Bieber would beat the allegations of not wanting to be in the marriage to Hailey Bieber, you would be in core wrecked. They've been together for five whole years now, and year after year after year, he's made statements and also made no statements. Looked, I would say, overwhelmingly disinterested when papped with her. Recently, Haley was caught faking an intimate moment with Justin on her social media she recorded herself selfie mode, but wanted it to look like he was recording her and they were having a sweet moment, but an eagle eyed fan zoomed the whole way in and saw her hand holding her own iPhone. Embarrassing. Yes, but you know it is what it is. You must do what you need to do keep up appearances. Recently speaking, Justin Bieber was featured in a music video for Scissor's new single Snooze. I mean it's not a new single, it's on her recent album. And in that video she's seen just generally like flirting and can noodling and sharing cute little playful moments.
Speaker 1: Does he have a verse in the song?
Speaker 2: No, she's in the video clips. She's seen can noodling and having playful moments with about four or five different men. There's like that guy from Beef in it. Anyway, they're all hotties and she's like, it's all flirty. It looks like what couples do when no one's looking. And she's got a scene with Justin Bieber on a tractor and he looks like he wants to ravage her. They got a scene in the bedroom they're pillow fighting, The first thing the Internet said is he has a wife. The second thing the Internet said is why is he there? We get like the other people are there, they're models and like video people, but you don't have a verse in the song. You don't really have any incentive to be looking single and huddled up with Scissor of all people. And third of all, you're currently in the midst, in the midst of controversy where the Internet thinks that you don't like your wife. The Internet has seen the lengths that you go to to let the world know you're unhappy, and all you can see him to do is be cuddled up another woman. It's truly sickening, and it's very sad, and I don't understand how it can go for without somebody stepping in.
Speaker 1: I did see though.
Speaker 4: That like he reposted them and then at the very end did a thirst strapper Hayley yeah and redressing it a little bit.
Speaker 2: This man, this man literally did a full feed post after Frank Ocean's Coachella set, defending his legacy and saying Frank's amazing and you don't understand I back you one hundred percent, while the whole Internet saying Frank did a terrible job. Justin climbed out of his million dollar basement to defend him on socials with words and context, not just a random inn of solidarity. It's not enough for your wife of five years.
Speaker 1: Single image of solidarity.
Speaker 4: First's shut up. Hello, we have a listener. This is a real story sent.
Speaker 1: In by a listener of the show.
Speaker 4: The title is he dumped me because I listened to commercial radio. This was going to hit a little different for you, for all of you in the cart. But if you're listening on the podcast, which is fect some rooms where you get your podcasts, just know you're saved and you're not going to be in this position.
Speaker 1: Hi, Framinda and Flecksuni.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: I have a big pickle for the girlies.
Speaker 4: I was recently seeing a guy and it was going well anyway.
Speaker 1: I got the vibe that he was kind of giving me crumbs ape.
Speaker 4: Lulu, and I was confused because when we are together.
Speaker 1: He puts in a lot of effort. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Another classic at this point of fairy tale. Also, we should write fairy tales based on modern dating, just modern woes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, prepare the next generation. We have some key learnings.
Speaker 4: She goes on anyway, I decided to bring it up with him and ask him, am I not usual type? Because I can't see any other reason why he would keep giving me donuts?
Speaker 2: That I mean, have you not heard that giving donuts?
Speaker 1: Giving me like zeros? Like not giving me?
Speaker 2: Ah, that's creative?
Speaker 4: Learned that from yeah unnamed. I put him on the spot, but he ended up saying, and this is in quotation marks, well we have different tastes in music. When I was in the car with you, you were listening to insert commercial radio station brutal and I was so shook. I said, well, maybe we aren't right for each other.
Speaker 2: WHOA In real time?
Speaker 4: I have resolved that I won't see him again, but thought you girlies would like the story, and I wanted to know, has there ever been a situation where you've been broken up with by someone or you've broken up with someone for a reason, because this one seems pretty petty.
Speaker 2: That one is pretty petty? Is that what has come to though? I feel like broad strokes in dating hasn't been working, so maybe it's time to get really specific to the granula.
Speaker 4: It's very specific, and I think, if anything, it is an indicator of what this person values and if that's not in alignment to you. I mean, how long have you guys been seeing each other? Does he know that it was just like on your radio? Or were you like, yeah, like I love listening to this right Were you like ed Sheering is the goat? Are they like colplay number one fan? Because we've all had commercial radio just on in the background of the car.
Speaker 2: Some part of me feels like this is the reality of how people have programmed themselves to date. This is post ick culture, reducing people down to these morsels that become huge identifiers of who they are. Oh, I, you know, went to tie with someone for dinner and they didn't like coriander, and I can't date someone who's so close minded, you know. Or I went to someone's house and they only had self development books and I just can't deal with someone who only sees the world in one way. It's these stories we create around the information we have access to, and in some ways it's very helpful to be able to draw or connect dots like that, But I feel like we've lost our way a little bit.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more tune indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.