Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for sharing how your week is going so far in our six word week dropped cookie and coffee on trousers. This guy as Tommy. He's also on the train on his way to work. There's no changing options. You're arriving pre stained at work. There's nothing worse. You feel like you have to tell everyone. Yeah, and I've spilt this on the way in. Oh sorry, George, that's a tough way to start the day. Page has got a great noy one eleven days until puppy arrives. That is exciting. Grandson, said Nan before saying.
Speaker 4: Mum, this comes from the mum, Michelle.
Speaker 3: After all you did over nine months, cranky kids, pregnant wife help me. That's from alistern sos and Meghan's got code brown evacuation during swimming lesson. Oh no, sorry, I still I used to dream of that happening when I was taking the kids swimming, which I used to do every single weekend because it was funny.
Speaker 4: One of the kids had done a floater in the pool, the cobraw.
Speaker 3: I used to laugh at that much a boo in the pool.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you would see it like yours.
Speaker 3: Bobbing out, and the more people panics are splashed around, the more it would.
Speaker 4: Like come like a wave. Poisun army going to all. This is a great one.
Speaker 3: He didn't put your name on this, but what an amazing day for you today today, last chemo treatment.
Speaker 4: I hope everything's all right.
Speaker 3: David has completed his tram driver training ding ding, and yes those are all six words.
Speaker 4: Well done, boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I don't know about this one, boyfriend over tonight. Guess the rest.
Speaker 4: I don't think we need I do think we need to be doing that.
Speaker 3: Let's move on now too. Does your name have anything to do with your job? Which is called nominative determinism. We had some great ones.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago I went to high school.
Speaker 1: We had two music teachers.
Speaker 5: The first one was called Miss Screech and the second one was called mister Blow. I was in construction one name's Dreaming Hill. When I was having my children. My doctor gynocologist was doctor Holsmorer, the man responsible for the by laws for dogs. His name was Harold Slaughter.
Speaker 2: Luckey Smith is a lost.
Speaker 4: The gynocologist was put through by Jack.
Speaker 3: I just want to say all right, so some of the ones that we've got an email.
Speaker 4: This is the thing.
Speaker 3: It's called nominative to terminism, where it believes that the theory is then your name can influence the job. You go and choose Christian my husband and of a sexteen many years ago, performed by Doctor Love.
Speaker 4: That his real name, Christian.
Speaker 3: There is an andro andro chronologist at Kribeinie called Dr Lipshitz.
Speaker 4: Perhaps he loves this related joy show is so serious. It's going to get a laugh.
Speaker 3: That literally finally, finally some loss you with the furough.
Speaker 4: Brows we've had since six today. Oh, Dr Lipshits keep even bigger.
Speaker 3: Laugh that in the Coke Brown. This is probably her favorite hour we've done on the show. Christ This guy is a dean. So he's a dean at university. He's called dean.
Speaker 4: He's Dan Dean.
Speaker 3: Ah, he's a university. They call me dean Dean. This is from David Dean. The dean is so much Dean Dean.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast What's your Name Again?
Speaker 3: Because we do do a double tap when we hear some of these names that are really related to their jobs. One of our favorites since we've been doing this. Katie Kitchens, who does actually sell kitchens?
Speaker 4: Do you have a job to sound just like your name?
Speaker 6: Like a weather man whose name is Rained or Regarden a Korda lest Bush.
Speaker 4: It's called nominative determinedism. It's your job just like your name.
Speaker 7: What's your naming? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: Is your name related to your job?
Speaker 3: But it is called nominative to terminism, Lenidas.
Speaker 4: Great name, Christian. I've actually got two for you.
Speaker 3: First one, I worked for a very large hotel chain in Australia in the account's department high up June Billings, June Billings. And the second, listen we've heard from who also got referred to a cardiac specialist, Dr Sparks, And what you heard about Dr Sparks.
Speaker 4: I think it's just here at the hospital at the network. This is from Luke Christian. I was in the Army.
Speaker 3: I worked under a major, major, sergeant sergeant and a mate of mine was private battle.
Speaker 4: Those are amazing. All right, let's see what you've got Cheryl.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Oh good morning guys.
Speaker 1: Love your show.
Speaker 4: Bless your Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for listening and now being part of it. So is it your name.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's my daughter and a husband. They have a he salon in New Zealand and the last name is Brush.
Speaker 3: That is incredible. I'm going to take it. Is the salon just called brush.
Speaker 1: Or no, no, the sell honors called Scarlet here, but this surname is Brush.
Speaker 4: God got it first time, madam. But thank you much? Is that great? They should called it brush by name, brush by nature. You can have it. You're welcome, New Zealand. Lovely to be on the phone, isn't it all right? Cheryl, thanks for calling.
Speaker 5: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, guys, and you Heather, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Heather.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 4: And you're on your way to work? You off out for a walk. It sounds like you're outside.
Speaker 8: No, I'm on my way to work in the city. I've just pulled over so i can have a quick chat. I've been yeah, listening to this and I've been wanting to call him for a couple of weeks. But in Perith I used to have a JP called Dr Paynes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: I think there's a a dentist here in Melbourne call dot Tor Paine as well. And is it p A I N or was he p A y n E.
Speaker 5: P A y n e?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's still dot to pain, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 4: It is all right, Heather, you finally made it. You called the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Yay, yay, Well don't I'm gonna send You're not prize, Heather, right, thank you very much for pulling over and calling us.
Speaker 8: Awesome, thank you. You have a good day.
Speaker 3: Guys you I'm not sure about this one, but let's hear this one all right.
Speaker 2: So, Peter, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Peter. So are you really Peter Chippy?
Speaker 2: I really am Peter Chippy from a long line of carpenters too.
Speaker 4: All chippies. The chippy name.
Speaker 2: Chippy yep, grandfather, father, grandfather, great grandfather.
Speaker 4: Amazing, all chippy chippies.
Speaker 2: Old chippy nippies.
Speaker 4: This so and spell it for us, Peter c I joy double p y Wow. Is this gonna work?
Speaker 5: If you're a carpenter or you worked at McDonald's, you've got range with that surname.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed, that is incredible. And what is the name of your business? Are you just a chippies?
Speaker 2: I am just a chippy. I just worked for a guy. People working for you, there would be like too much paperwork. While I was waiting, I also remembered where I used to work. There was a doctor there, doctor death.
Speaker 3: We'll believe chippy is en.
Speaker 4: You don't need to make another one up. Okay, there's not. There's not a logical doctor death. You wouldn't be allowed to practice.
Speaker 3: They say, change your name. Imagine beside manner. Listen, we're gonna we've got the X ray results. Not to death is going to come and tell you spoil.
Speaker 2: He pronounced that the Peter thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 4: Lovely to chat to your mate at all.
Speaker 3: Bye A four one for one O four three. Does your name have anything to do with your job? Dotr diarth Well, Christian O'Connell's show podcast, we're doing a nominative determinism Big Name. What it means is it's the theory that your job can influence your name can influence what job you end up choosing. Christian, there is a rectal surgeon at my work at the hospital, Dr. But there is a gynecologist in Ferntree.
Speaker 4: Cully called.
Speaker 3: I just read it out, Okay, I'm just a messenger here. I'm just reading this out. Dr Jack Fiddler. I don't believe that. I don't believe there's a I don't believe there's a Dr Fiddler.
Speaker 4: You know to change it, wouldn't you? Yeah, I think you really would. All Right, So let's say some call. Let's say some more call.
Speaker 6: So gl good morning, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: All right, Gel, what have you got then? What's the name to do with the job?
Speaker 8: Okay, this is my father in law's optometrist, which I didn't actually believe at the time, is called doctor c.
Speaker 4: Wright, doctor c Right.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 4: That is incredible, perfect.
Speaker 3: That's out there with Katie Kitchen and Peter Chippy the Chippy. It's perfect, isn't it. Of course he's going to be an optometrist. It's called Peter c Right. That's an amazing one. Gal, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 4: Have a good day. We got here, Adam.
Speaker 3: That's it cut off before we can say goodbye properly, Jack, Adiam, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Go there you're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good Adam. And what's your one for us?
Speaker 6: My name is Adam Rock, and I've got a concrete company.
Speaker 4: Adam Rock, And what is the name of your concrete company.
Speaker 6: It's called made of Concrete, mister Rock. Well, you know, look, I get a lot of funny comments, and especially from ty Miles. It tends to be from that that side of the people. So yeah, it's interesting at times.
Speaker 3: I want to know more, but we don't want to know more, okay, good self discipline, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Always good, isn't it? Live on radio?
Speaker 6: Thank you, Adam Rock, Thank you, guys, thank you boy.
Speaker 4: That side of the people, the people.
Speaker 3: Let's refer to Patsy now the news and let's now hear the news from that's.
Speaker 4: The face of the people. Weird. Yeah, yeah, that Patsy.
Speaker 3: You named it all right, Debbie, let's carry on, Debbie, good morning, Hi.
Speaker 5: Good morning. How are you Christian over the place?
Speaker 3: And Debbie, is it your name that's got something to do with your job?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 8: No, not me.
Speaker 5: It was my old dentist as a child, whose name was doctor Borah. You can imagine definitely, as you can imagine that it's one of the reasons why I hate going to the dentist.
Speaker 4: Absolutely lovely Tebbi, thank you very much. She cool mate, have a good day.
Speaker 5: No worries you too, So Jane.
Speaker 7: Goodnoying question, James, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I can loud and clear?
Speaker 7: Hello, Yes, So this is my son's woodwork teacher, mister Wood.
Speaker 4: How can you be?
Speaker 3: How can you command a load of unruly kids if your name is mister Wood?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he does a pretty good job. Actually, I think I think he's a fairly firm. But he's a very very lovely man as well.
Speaker 4: Lovely.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Jimmy, Thanks James, thanksgiving mess call. So no mucking around at the back there. I think that was mister Wood. I think that actually was.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, great teacher, inspirational and.
Speaker 3: I am giggling? Am I giggling on this radio show? It's not that on the head. Okay, that's your lovely guy called in. If you know anyone who's this lovely? Actually nothing funny. Just just just keep it down today. Okay, it's fine, It all down, listeners, No one wrap on this show?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Dave?
Speaker 5: Good morning everyone?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good. We needed to save the feature, Dave. Dave, Oh yeah, if you go.
Speaker 7: Dave saved many years ago.
Speaker 2: I was in the aim of Reserve and I always knew we're gonna have problems when we went out boys, because we had a major war.
Speaker 3: Major war never even heard of the sounds like a marvel sort of lame named Paddy, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Watch out for a major war.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually really nice because I love you, Dave, Thank you very much. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.