Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud or the Order Kerni Whaltbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. She's on the Money. She's on the Money. Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money, the podcast that makes personal finance fun, especially on Fridays. It's our favorite day of the week because we get the team together and we get to celebrate you, our incredible She's on the Money community. Miss Jesse Ricci is here as always to share our favorite money wins from the week that was. Beck is here to share her favorite broke tips, and we're going to be helping to answer money dilemma, which this week is all about protecting yourself from scams, which is very timely as I myself almost fell victim to a scam recently and something that you slid into our teams about. We're chatting about navigating an extended unemployment break, which can be really hard and often unforeseen. So I feel like this episode is going to be really fun and very diverse, from like getting scammed to being unemployed, to talking about money wins and confessions I broke tea. I just feel like there's going to be a lot of juicy stuff in this week. But before we get there, my friends, jess Beck, how are your weeks?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: First? Please? My week's been good. What have I been doing?
Speaker 3: Not much planning for I'm throwing outdoor movie night at my house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I've seen it on TikTok on my tax treat to myself.
Speaker 3: I think I told the potty last year was I bought a projector and I was like, oh, the weather is so nice, like it would be really fun. And then I found this like vintage looking popcorn machine on Facebook marketplace for twenty dollars, I bought.
Speaker 2: A proper like it looks like one of those it's like mini but like one of the ones that the movies had. That's cool.
Speaker 3: You know how I feel about movie popcorn an investment, but yeah, I want to make it like a whole big thing, like all themed and cut. See I want to throw like a again. I feel like I've told you guys this by last year.
Speaker 2: One of my goals.
Speaker 3: You don't even like events or themes at all. I want to throw a themed dinner every month. Last year and I did not throw a single one good shirt. So I carried it over to this year.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: So I'm starting with like Dina movie night, but that is so what.
Speaker 2: Else is on the menu? We have to know? So we've got the popcorn. Well, this is what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: So I wanted to do like vintage diners feel, so I went hot dogs fries, but I'm still trying to think.
Speaker 2: Of what else.
Speaker 4: This is actually a really weird time, just because literally tomorrow I'm having a movie thing as well, but with pizza buffet ice cream, like you know how they have the jelly, the brownies, the sprinkles.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do all that. That's so fun. So maybe could like you need to get chop tops. I imagine, yes, I think a banana split, like you have to have a just feel like yeah, but like Dina vibes, like a banana split like station so you can like decorate your own. Yes, yes, yes, the station would be I don't even think that would be expensive because you'd like to get some bananas, some tuber Neapolitan ice cream, and then like some sprinkles and chips cream or the spray whipped cream. It has to be the spray definitely. Now, I don't know what your budgets looking you like, but you get a big.
Speaker 3: Red drape outside something to hang it on.
Speaker 2: Is the annoying thing? Really good idea that's cute? That was very cute. Milkshakes like spiders Friday milkshakes. You could do like, oh my gosh, could you find I'm just going to take this to the next level. Could you find on Amazon, like the old vintage milkshake glasses. I have a few.
Speaker 3: Stress Yeah, I have red and white striped straws. Yeah, I bought a little you know what what's gonna sayd like that? I promise, I promise you guys. Not the reject shop. You know we always talk about the regis such good stuff they had, Yeah, they had little like you know, the plastic baskets that they put food in a diners and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like a little red Yes, oh my gosh, yeah, I think you should.
Speaker 4: When everyone walks in, give people their ticket and then be like okay, can you line back up, and then be like and you look at it, you rip it and.
Speaker 2: Say number seven down the hall or whatever. I think you should fully be. You need a commit the whole.
Speaker 4: Day and everyone's like, oh, just like it's funny, but stuff. Now you're like no, You're gonna like yeah with your flashlight and you're gonna be looking at you know, don't be only friind make sure no one brings in their own snacks.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be very very strict. Maraschino cherries to go on top of the banana. Oh yes I did. And those wafer straws. Yeah, like the wafer I love a Corinthian. They actually only available at Christmas time. I hope you get usually, I think because I have been known to buy and eat a whole tup by myself. Also, you don't have a cost Co membership, but I know that your friend does. And I'm assuming your friend's going to be invited to the party, so you could ask to borrow it. They have many corn dogs at a cost cot, so you could like do the corn dog thing. And I feel like that's got Imagine a little corn dog and a little like tub of sauce in one of your little baskets. You you know what. I had one and it broke. It's very sad. What are you doing with a bay Marie.
Speaker 3: I led it to a friend that came back and then I put in my cupboard for months and then I it just disused or something and it just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's it. Also, could you turn it into a sleepover. Oh, that would be quite cute because you could have a sleep and then in the morning you could do like a diner breakfast, pancakes and stuff. Excited really racking up this the course of this, Yeah, one hundred percent. But like when Jess commits to a theme, Es commits to a theme, Yeah, you'd be a made So you can buy a secondhand to hats hats you need the little paper diner house. Oh my god, I'm sure you could like fold them out of some newspaper paper. Yeah, but like anyway, we'll move on. Oh yeah, it turns out just is having better week than everybody. So I'm sorry, what movie you watching that? I haven't picked the movie that Smile too. If you haven't watch Smiled one, then more Smile one.
Speaker 3: Sorry, continue to know these are but I'll put them consideration.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. How's your week being? Has it been as good as Corinthians? I don't like, I don't think there's anything as good ass and I'll bring some in soon. I'm going to find.
Speaker 4: Them, please, I'm obsessed with Corinthians and there really is like a withdrawal period after Christmas. I'm glad that they to know that they sell them b.
Speaker 3: W that anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this really not miss spreading innovation. It's very hard months. That's a podcast.
Speaker 4: It's been really good oding with a friend, but we both came from sharehouses and so we don't have any furniture literally nothing, Like we're like like buying oven trays and.
Speaker 2: Cutlery to buy.
Speaker 4: It. It does add up, but just these things and I'm like, I've never thought to buy so I'm like, where do you even get them from?
Speaker 2: Like I actually don't know where to buy an oven? Trade? Like not all camar?
Speaker 4: Do you need them to be like because I'm thinking they need to be pre rusted, but they just pre rusted.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You could probably go to an op shop and find a lot of these things. Yeah, that's why I feel like people often donate their surplus, so it's not even like, oh, this one's broken off get rid of, Like I feel like there's lots of kitchen stuff. Yeah, I shop, but then also I found that sometimes op shops are getting a bit expensive, so like they maybe they are. Yeah, like maybe have a look at the prices and stuff that came up before you go in to the op shop, because you might go, oh, four bucks for a like ove and trade, that's a really good deal, Like they must be like fifty or something in your head, like maybe you just don't know how to price it, and then they're actually like three dollars that came out or something. You would be a pretty annoyed human being. Oh my god. Totally. I'm really noticed. Even with Marketplace, I'm noticing that people are like twenty dollars for this side table, and then I like, go on k Marts, is fifty dollars a kmart for the same exact ones, you know? But anyway, so it's been vigilance. You could give it slammed, vigilate, subtle foreshadowing.
Speaker 3: I think we need to hear a bit more about this scam that you almost fell victim to.
Speaker 2: I hit the jackpot, I did, so I was telling you off air about how obviously I am a finance crime girlie, Like I love crime. I have, you know, pipe dream one day to have my own like crime podcast. Who knows if that'll ever happen, Like that's just a pipe dream. As I said, I listen to true crime everything, So like you best believe your girl knows a fair bit about like skimming devices and how to scare people, because like I fall onto that side of TikTok, and if I'm not on that side of TikTok, I'm probably watching a documentary on it. Like I don't know what is wrong with me or what type of trauma I went through to make me so obsessed with this type of content. So like in the back of my head every time I go to get cash out, I just like have this dream that maybe one day I'll like spot as skimming device or something I did. I did. I did find a skimming device and I ripped it off the ATM and I got the cops involved. It sounds very dramatic.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what like? So you went? So we went to the ATM. One of my most asked questions on Instagram when I said I found this was like, v why are you getting cash out? I was gonna say, Also, what do you buy a vape or something? Whose business is that? No? I wasn't buying a vape. Everybody who lives where I live knows that the good Fish and Chip Shop is run by Peter, who doesn't take card. He only does cash. Just kidding. Cash is King and Peter live love laugh. I will pay cash, and I will not question your business ethics because you do provide the good chippies. Like in anyone who gives you a good chippy.
Speaker 4: Do what ever they say, literally whatever they say exactly like you.
Speaker 2: Know who we love the most at the pub, the person who buys the chippies for the table. Yes, so true. So anyone with a good chippiees no question, no questions, no questions. That's why I was getting cash out. For those of you who are pervy. But I'm at the ATM, I'm in my bikini, I'm looking at the ATM suspiciously, as they always do, because I kind of want to manifest finding a scamming device because it would be peak life for me. And the plastic around the keypad looks suspicious. It was a little bit raised, and I was like, that doesn't look right, Maybe this is a crap ATM. And then I like look upside down and I'm like, oh, that light looks a little bit like not the plastic around the light didn't look fitted, and I was like, what the hell? And there was enough room in the light well air, you know, the light that shines onto the keypad. Yeah, to stick my finger probably a bad idea, could have been full of spiders. I don't think Jessica would have done it. I think she would have just been like, oh no, absolutely not. But I did. I chucked my finger in there and realized that it was like a little bit loose, like you know when you pull on something and it's like got double sided sticky tape on the other side, so you know it could quote easily come off, but you're not feeling like it's clipped in or anything. You're like getting that like resistance that's like this would come off with a little bit of force. Yeah, So I'm like, I could go to jail for like vandalizing this ATM, or I could achieve a life goal. Yes, so obviously I pulled it off. And I pulled it off, and the split second after it like actually like ripped off, I was like, oh my god, I've actually broken the ATMIC, like the panic of being like, oh, that actually worked, like I didn't mean that. And then I flipped it around and was like, I was right, it was a skimming device, but it's no attached to the plastic. Well, it just looked suspicious back And the more that I stared at it, the more I realized it was not actually like it was sticking a little bit up and like you wouldn't have noticed because it had been custom molded for this ATM machine. But anyway, pull it off and I flip it upside down to look at this piece of giant plastic that I've pulled off. There's Instagram pictures all over my Instagram of this if you want to see. I flip it over and there's two phone batteries hot glued to the back of this plastic piece. There's some wires, an SD card, and some other wires that went to a hidden camera, and I was like, what the heck. I didn't know what to do. Obviously, I ended up working out what to do, pulled it off, took a whole heap of videos of it. At the start, I wasn't even taking videos to post on social media. I was taking videos because I was like, I probably should give this to the police, and I probably should explain how I found it and why I was attempting to vandalize an ATM machine, because what are you going to do walk into the cop shop and be like, hey, policeman, So I actually found something that's helpful for you, but it was because I was vandalizing something I was trying to sell somebody. Yeah, like, but that's not what I was doing anyway. So found that got the police involved. Turns out it is obviously very serious crime. They're very interested in it because these things don't come up as often as I thought they might have. Just you were saying that one was in your area recently, which is literally like.
Speaker 3: The week before, I got posted in like a local you know, Facebook community group, someone saying they'd found one in like the main strip near me, which I think I think it was from memory, out near a supermarket. Like it wasn't out the front of a bank.
Speaker 2: It was right, No, so ours was out the front of a supermarket as well. And it was a standalone ATM, not run by one of the banks. Yeah, so like it wasn't bank affiliated. It was like one of those like quick ETM things that charge you exorbitant fees to use it, but it's in a very convenient location. Yeah, yeah, which is so interesting.
Speaker 3: It's scary because I agree, I feel like you heard a lot about them, but like I've never I've never known anybody or anyone near me or anything to find one, and then all one in me and then you find one, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, this is crazy. Yeah, because I think a lot of us, like we talk about, you know, how to protect yourself if you're traveling overseas, like we always say, don't use your bank card, like use your travel card and only transfer money to that card because skimming is so popular internationally, you just don't think it would happen on your own doorstep. And like anyway, that was really spicy and good to find. And I mean if you find something on an ATM that looks suspicious. At the end of a day, a ATM has been built to not be broken into. Like it's there, it's full of thousands of dollars. I believe on average an ATM holds about fifteen thousand dollars in rash because obviously every day people come and get fifty dollars out, one hundred dollars out, maybe like five hundred bucks to pay someone. Like, lots of money goes through an ATM on a daily basis, So like, you don't want to make it easy to break into. So if it looks like it could come off an ATM, it's usually a bit of a sign that maybe it shouldn't be there. If the lights look a little bit off, if the keypad looks a little bit off, just be vigilant. There's lots of tiktoks you can look up, have a look at. But yeah, I would be vigilant. Yeah, this is a silly question.
Speaker 4: But when you were explaining that, I was like, I wonder, I gather that they have the card details from the skimming and then do they make purchases or do they take money out somehow of that.
Speaker 2: So just a backtrack, because I just realized I hadn't explained it properly, so a skimming device could could be lots of different things. The one I found was a two part so it was the piece of plastic that I found that I pulled off the keypad that had a hidden camera in it that recorded you putting your pin code in to the machine. Okay, the other piece of plastic I was unable to remove. I could see it. I took videos of it. I showed the cops did all of that, and it has since been removed, So don't stress. But they would have quote skimmed your credit card details as you went in and went out. They like capture that magnetic information from the magnetic strip on the back of your ATM card. They then take blank ATM cards and copy over your ATM card to a blank card. They then time match the time that you put your pin code in and watch the video and go oh Beck's pink codes one, two, three, four. They take the blank version of your card to an ATM, pop it in, put your pin code in, and withdraw all your cash. Oh, which is why.
Speaker 3: And I didn't even realize I still did this until you post about it. But my mum always do and just to have it I picked up, but like having your wallet over like or your hand or something when you type in an ATM. It's literally it's like a reflex for me because it's just something my mum always in. I'm sure she probably told me to do it, but I didn't even think about it until I think you said on your stories, make sure you cover it with your hand or whatever. So just a reminder, cover your hand when you put your pin.
Speaker 2: And I mean it does stop everything. Like that's not going to stop you being completely scammed, but if it's one of these types of skimmers, they actually need those two pieces of information and you're kind of stopping them. And I think because I found one, you guys might go, oh, you just have to look like they are purpose built for the machines, purpose built to look like a piece of the machine that you wouldn't question. I think mine was lifted. I don't know if I would have seen it if it was perfectly installed, So you're not necessarily going to be able to see it. But yeah, there's a lot of things you could do, so covering your hand with your pin, making sure that you know someone can't see you put that number in, making sure you're not using a dodgy ATM. If there is the option to get cash out at the supermarket or at the bunnings, like, do that instead of getting it out at the ATM, using ATMs that are bank affiliated. So if it's like on the front of the bank, I can almost guarantee that that ATM is checked on a daily basis by the tellers at that bank for skimming devices. But the standalone ATM down at the local shops where you and I often frequent beck, no one's there to check it. It's all on its own. That's why it's usually a bigger target than the bank one which the bank staff are checking consistently. Yeah, so I think staying vigilant also never putting into your ATM the card that has your life savings on it, like having a separate bank card that you know, you keep maybe a couple of dollars on so that when you need to get cash out you just transfer it over, is gonna essentially safeguard your life savings. And it doesn't mean that you absolutely have to do these things and you know, be worried about absolutely everything, but at the end of the day, could have protected a lot of people that had their financial information skimmed the day that I found that device, and from what the cops said, they've obviously reviewed all of that, and I was like, I've been a little bit pervy, and thankfully they've been forgiving and like kept me in the loop. About two hundred people went to that ATM on the day that I found it. That's crazy, isn't that insane? Yeah? And like right as I had to like queue up to use the ATM, there was like an older guy who got his cash out and went inside. Not the wiser, stop my heart, But he didn't get scammed. He's all good. But like he like got his cash out and went inside, he did not have any clue that someone had literally just stolen his bank information. Did you find him? No, not the do. I didn't need to find him because I pulled out the skimmer and it had the SD card and all the information, and I gave it to the cops. So now there's crims. Like the criminals aren't going to get that old man's details, and like they're not going to be able to take his money out. But like had I not found that, And later that evening they had returned to the ATM taking their skimmer device, taken it home. They absolutely would have taken his cash. Y. Isn't that insane?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: It actually makes me so and that's I guess why I've been posting about it. It makes me so angry. How does anyone do that makes me feel like sickly to be in the middle of a class of living crisis, And like, you know, I dodn't want to get too deep into it, but I have not been sleeping over this, not because I'm stressed about I just can't stop thinking about it. Even the location that it was in, like, wasn't in a high net wealth suburb, Like lots of people that go to the ATM where we were are just average mums and dads. There's a lot of people in that area who are on Centerlink. There are a lot of people in that area who would be living paycheck to paycheck, and I'm just like they would have been absolutely dreamed. Like it makes me so angry, Like and I was lucky. I was just getting some fish and chips cash out.
Speaker 3: But the idea be vigilant everybody, Yes, as aware as you can. It's not to put it on people, but when there's horrible people out there, Like, we've got to do the best we can, right.
Speaker 2: And if you're suspicious on it, there's often numbers on the ATM that you can call, so you could call the company and like, see something, say something. Yeah, Like I'd prefer you to have called someone and wasted their time then finding out a Facebook group like jes did. Oh there was a skimmer on this ATM. Like if you see something, say something, even if you're just suspicious and you call the company and go, I don't know, but there's something real suss about your ATM machine at the moment. Not a professional, I'm a nurse, but if you could just check, that would be great. They're probably going to thank you because ultimately that's their responsibility and a lot of the time, if you have been scammed, the ATM company might have to pay you back. Yes, true, true. Anyway, let's move on because I can talk about scams literally, and I'm going to do a whole episode on it soon. I think it so excited. Beck is coming is coming. But before we get there, and we also dive into our money wins. Do you want a five star review from the community please? Okay, this one is from Alexis. Alexis says five star review, Thank you. Alexis Becksayed is the unsung hero of this podcast purely for human reasons. I literally just enjoyed listening to her sprinkling of personal experiences and stories, where the undertone is always valuing relationships, connection, enjoying life, bringing light to other people's lives, and resilience. She makes all of the other finance and money stuff softer and grounds it in a perspective that feels warm. I love you all, of course, though that I remember the day it was not it was only a few days ago. Just just sent me this.
Speaker 4: Because it was just like such a beautiful and I sent it to every single person I know, and I was like, I need to find Alexis.
Speaker 2: I want I want Alexis to be in my life. This like completely rolled me in the best way, Like it isn't it the best, the best thing I've but like anyone's ever said to me, And do you know what about me? Somebody has managed to put into words exactly how I feel about it totally. It's also true, so true. Oh my gosh, this is actually exactly what you do.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so mind blowingly nice, Like I feel so so warm right now.
Speaker 2: I think the five star reviews just like the beck fan clubs. So just like, if you haven't left us a five star review, or you haven't left us, like, go on to Apple and you can leave a message for the Bech fan club. I'll get us. I'll make us a T shirt, a.
Speaker 4: T shirt, just even if it's just a Lexus And and honestly, and this is what I said to friends when I sent it to them. I was like, if these are the last words I ever read, that would be fine, that would be more than enough.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: If I were to perish, or if I were to like just be lost in the bush for the rest of my life, and those are my last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect, We're calling Alexis phone. It's about to run out of boundery. Beck Is calling Alexis.
Speaker 4: Alexis is the last ones I'm calling.
Speaker 2: I thank you, Alexis. Yes, let's move into the rest of the community, your money, wins and confessions. If they got to share this week, all right.
Speaker 3: I sure? But sweet one firstly from Jordan, who said I paid off my Carlogne nine months early. Oh my god, well done, Jordan, it's actually incredible. Next, I've got money in from April, who sins you're on the same kind of vibe as asked with the op shopping, she said, money and environmental win. I've decided that I'm in at my gift basket making erar. I'm using fines from Facebook, Marketplace and the op Shop. There's heaps of unwanted Christmas presents there at the moment, that's true, and she's collecting them up and putting them aside and using these gifts. She put a really cute little photo of anyone's thread. But she's got baskets that I'm thinking maybe she's also thrusted.
Speaker 2: Those are so cute.
Speaker 3: Super cuteness, Like there's one there that's obviously for a kid, because there's book and some toys and things. There's one with maybe housewarming stuff. I just think it's such a good idea, give things a second line door. Next, I've got a money win from Alicia, who said it was her son's third birthday on the weekend and they decided to get an ice cream cake. Love Wendyes do ice cream cakes that start at eighty dollars Peter's original the classic from Woolies eighty dollars, yeah.
Speaker 2: Crazy and ice cream Like, I'm not undervaluing the energy and effort and stuff. I'm shocked for a lot of money, definitely.
Speaker 3: Well, instead, they opted for a Peter's original from Wooli's fourteen dollars gorgeous. They had to get too because the grown ups also want an ice cream cake. She said, it's not really instagram worthy, but it is a money win that Peter's ice cream cake is my baby type of cake. It's so I know there's a lot of debate Fredo or Peter's.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the Freddo's, but you got to go. I like Peter's a little bit more. You got to gog.
Speaker 3: I hope your son had a good birthday. I think that's such a good gift. Next, I've got a money win from Chelsea who said I wanted to buy a desk calendar to put in my bills and expenses to keep track of it over the year, but she ended up making one during work time on Canva using work supplies.
Speaker 2: Great, just starting not your business. Triple money win.
Speaker 3: Well done, Chelsea. And then lastly this week I have one from Sky who said money win our family of four spent three weeks in a beautiful home in another state, completely.
Speaker 2: Free of charge.
Speaker 3: Great We looked after altpackers, chickens, a dog, and a cat during our stay. Housitting is such a great way to explore new places without the cost of accommodation. The kids loved it, and the experience was far more engaging and fun when compared staying in an expensive hotel. And she put a really cute photo of her I'm assuming her daughter feeding an out packer.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's so cute. It looks like a tiny baby out package. It looks like a little farm. It looks like a dream. Sorgeous. Good a little tip for everybody. I love that so much. That was a good little wrap up, jess Beck. Yes, it is your turn. What broke tips you're bring into the table this week? Okay, So, because I've moved, I'm probably gonna have like a lot. I'm won't use them all today, but I'm gonna have a lot of broke tips coming in out of the now.
Speaker 4: This one comes from Maddie who says, and this is very interesting one and one I will be using this year. So energy companies will often offer sign up credits to new and moving customers. Every couple of months. Maddie moves companies based on whoever has the best offer at the time, and that's like.
Speaker 2: You don't have to move. You don't have to actually move.
Speaker 4: You just like just do a little shop around and see if you know, new customers get one thousand dollars off or something. I'm sure that does not exist, but.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they do, Like you get free like I saw one, so I was like, you get six months free binge access or something, which is cool if you actually do, then you don't have to pay for streaming services or something like that.
Speaker 2: Excittly only valuable if you actually needed that item, Yes, exactly, Like if you're like, oh, sign up because I would love six months of free binge access, but I've never actually used binge all night. I don't even want teaving on there. That is not a good deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: This section comes from Emma, who says I've been using the Pass app to pay for things at my local pub that I go to for dinner. You get points every time you buy something, which ends up being around ten percent back in credit to use at any of the venues in the app. We've been saving them up and now we have enough for free dinner and drinks for our family of four. They also, I know, how good is that they also give away bonus credit sometimes and they have drink specials each month. This month the beer we drink is discounted through the app, so we're saving eight dollars on each round for me and my houseband.
Speaker 2: That's such a good deal. I've never even money. And there's over two hundred venues on there around Australia. Apparently incredible, ka very nice. So that's the wrap from the community. It's wrap from the community that past that I've never heard of that I'm going to look it up now and I brake tip.
Speaker 4: I feel like it might always a little bit of common knowledge. But anyway, so you know, knowledge is not that common back.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's very true. Like sharing is important. That's so true.
Speaker 4: So recently I've been like on a real video, I think we're kind of similar, Like you know, when you're like, as you're saying with the scam thing, like it's all you're thinking about, Like right now when I'm focused on something like that is consuming my world right now.
Speaker 2: It's because adhd thing diagnosing her she has an official youth. We're not just making it up. That is so interesting.
Speaker 4: I never, I never like put the two together until it like you know, well, you just you just.
Speaker 2: Tell me enough to remind you that most of the things that you think are part of your personality are actually ADHD and it becomes quite depressing. It's called hyperfixation. Iye, a fixation like the current what is it? Tell me share currently? It's lamps and in particular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really like I'm looking for a particular a vibe and style, So lighting wise, I would I really want like a dark red or orange room. I know if you've been a pitt of pippot in Fitzroid's I had and night time, I see the moment.
Speaker 2: I yes, yeah, you can do that with like just a light globe. Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, but this is the thing is that I already had the light globes and I literally just painted them orange.
Speaker 2: And I think you have to be careful to make sure they eat resistant. Oh yeah, do you know what? I actually follow it back on Instagram. It is a very weird concept, but Beck does share everything she gets up.
Speaker 4: To a story to me and thank you for remembering. So that's one way to save money. But no, the main thing was that I have you guys sort of dentist, did it? They have those beautiful orange mushroom lamps, and they also have all these gorgeous lamps that I've always been like, oh, one day, one day, one day when I'm rich enough. I'm never rich enough, and so this time I was like, I've got a new house me or buy myself something nice beautiful. Denis did a lamp that looked exactly like what I wanted, but I didn't have one hundred fet dollars to spend what that is expensive for a lamp exactly, So I went to kmart and got like a very similar look base yeah, and just painted at orange with a three dollars acrylic paint, so it was thirteen dollars instead of hundred fifty dollars. You weren't painting the globe, you We're just painting the lamp, checking the globe. Yeah, but like we don't endorse that. But we don't endorse that because you must make sure it's heat resistant paint and something else. Just google it first, I would say.
Speaker 2: But like you did a diy to achieve the same outcome. Yes, exactly proud of you. Thank you so much. That's so exciting. Thank you.
Speaker 4: So I would recommend googling identical or like similarish kind of things if you if you know something, google reverse image search.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you take a screenshot of something and you've got the Google app on your phone, not just going to Google. I find they don't have that. But like the Google app, you can literally search by image and it will often come up with similar looking things that might be much chickier exactly exact.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, what a good tip. But I feel like you've you've got a really good round up this week back, Thank you, thank you much. An Alexis stroke. Your ego actually still high, like and like my legs are taking next week. I love this for us. Let's go to a really quick break on the flip side. I cannot wait to dive into protecting yourself from scams and also something you've slid into our DMS about. We're chatting about navigating an extended unemployment break, so guys don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody. Let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 2: Hi, there, have you got a money dilemma? You just can't solve the Sheese on the Money team is here to help. Every week, we tackle your dilemmas, both big and small, to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a short voice recording and you might just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to this week's money dilemma.
Speaker 5: High Seas on the Money. I have noticed at my work an increasing number of people, especially younger people, falling for really not very nice scams. There's been a really big influx in them, and a lot of them the bank can't get their money back for different reasons. I thought it would be awesome if you and the team could maybe have a chat about scams and what to kind of look out for, because it seems to be on the rise and these people are absolutely horrible and I want them to stop, but I can't. So we've got to get everyone all that She's on the Money guys to know what to do. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet that she thinks we'll know what to do. It is a good question. This happened like a couple of weeks ago, where people just kept someone just kept signing into my Facebook and my Outlook accounts and then stop, what yes, fifty dollars from you.
Speaker 4: I got it back eventually, but I was like, well that's it for me. I literally can't exist anymore. Tip Number one for everybody. Two factor authentication on literally everything. Almost everything these days does have it. You're banking app to all of your social media, your emails. You might go, well, how am I getting scammed from my emails? Well, have to my boyfriend. They go into your emails and then they find like if you've paid for something, they'll then contact the company or they'll find a way to reverse it. Because he had the same thing happened. He had his identity stolen.
Speaker 2: Basically, we've had something happen recently to someone we know and it has been heartbreaking to watch, like genuinely absolutely cooked, same thing happened. They somehow must have clicked a phishing email which allowed them to get into their emails and see what they were going on, and they started sending fake emails that felt like real emails because they'd reviewed the previous stuff, and they ended up transferring a lot of money to somewhere. It has now been lost to It's so sad. It's horrific.
Speaker 3: So yeah, almost every platform you can think of you can switch to factor authentication onto.
Speaker 2: These days, I think it's bare minimum two factor authentication or nothing. Yeah, it was so annoying and now it is. It is, but like, you know what's more annoying not having the money that you saved. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got an email that's like, oh, someone tried to look into you account, like if it was you, Bubba, and I like went to an outlook. You can go and it will show you every attempted log in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there was thousands, like someone in some country trying but they can't because it's like my Gmail account. Yeah, crazy, your outlook. It was my outlook. I'm like, God, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: And it's like they must have some machine or something because it's like every two minutes for two weeks straight or something and it's not working because I have the two factor on. So everyone right now poured the episode. Go turn it on for everything, even things you think you shouldn't. Your PayPal, your bank, your Instagram.
Speaker 2: Your social media. And we've all had a friend that starts posting weird cryptocurrency stories scam like and also exactly.
Speaker 4: I literally sent my best friend Live every single one of my card details in one of our chats because she was like, oh, can I use this for whatever subscription? And I was like, yeah, try this, trade this, trade this, then every single detail and then they look into my Facebook and so maybe that's how the three dollars got someone. But this is another one that I want to mention because it kind of scared me. And I might have mentioned it before, but I keep getting emails in my junk but one ended up in my regular inbox. I was like, hey, Rebecca syed date of birth. We have been watching your Internet history, Yes we have. And then so I just want everyone to know that's not real Hunter money.
Speaker 2: And and I don't know if someone emailed me and said Victoria to buy and we have your nudes, will post them or you have to pay us post them? Yeah I know, I'm like, post that's fun.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, day it looks worse on you. Yeah, Like that's probably not a very good photo. I've never taken nudes, and it's because I'm too conservative and scared that something would happen.
Speaker 3: But like, it's sad that we live in a world where we have to think consider that the front to prevent other people's evil.
Speaker 2: So in terms of resources though, so ScamWatch dot gov, dot au is a fantastic location. In twenty twenty five, scams are looking more and more believable, like they're able to you know, there are even scams that exist where they might go to your social media, collect all of your personal information, work out your partner's name, and then email both of you like it is insane. So we are always checking any financial institution, so your bank, your mortgage broker, your solicitor, anyone that is in the financial services industry, a real estate agent. They will never ever, ever ever email you asking for bank details. It does not happen in our industry. So I would never email client. I don't even care if they're settling on their house tomorrow and they're not answering their phone. I will never give a BSB an account number in writing. It just doesn't happen. We call our clients, we crosscheck it, we are I can see it on my screen, but I'd never put it into an email form because I don't know what's going to happen. I know what my ccurity looks like, but I don't know what your security looks like Beck, I'm not going to email it and then have that be scammed. I'm not going to have that be intercepted, which can happen. And a scammer put their bsb inn account number into an email that looks like it's from me. I would never email you financial information, and nobody else who's legitimate would either. So if you see that red flag, do pay attention to your Gmail notifications as well, so like at the top of your email, it might have like a little orange banner that says this looks like a phishing email. Believe them. If your bank calls you and says, hey, like, there's a weird transaction Jess, and you go, no, no, no, I was just transferring money to my friend. Usually that's because they've picked up that there's something dodgy with the bsb in account number, but they can't tell you that. They have to go, oh, did you mean to do that? Like did you triple check? Because I mean you might be friends with the scammer? Right, go back check, triple check with your friend, cancel the transaction. What's the word. Thing that can happen? You have to go and just redo the transaction. Oh sorry, bank, like I did actually have it right the first time. I'd prefer you to do that than not, like it might be a little bit more of a waste of time, But at the end of the day, scamming is definitely on the rise, and I don't know, just stop. Never give out your personal information. Nobody is ever gonna ask for that. Banks. You guys should know that your bank would never call and be like, Hi, is that Jessica, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah it is Jessica. Hi, sorry Jessica. To continue this conversation, we need your like your birth to Haiti and your account number. They're never going to call you and ask for that personal information. They might ask you, oh, hey, jess what's your You've called us. But also you know what you can do. You can say, hey, thanks so much, bank man, would love to continue this conversation. Feels very legitimate. What's your landline? I'll call you back so that you can guarantee that's not a dodgy phone number. At the end of the day, you need to be consistently checking, like as in, just check yourself, be like could this be fake? Be vigilant, always think everything's a scam. Like me, you might find your ATM is bugged and it would be a fun social media piece of content. And then if you ever feel like you have been scammed, whether you have been or not, contact your bank immediately. The sooner you can intercept that payment, the sooner that you can get on it and the bank is able to pull it back or cancel the transaction, the better because if you leave it a week because you're like, oh, I don't know, let's just see how it goes, it could be gone. It could be gone. So I think that's a laundry list. Three I would love for you just like the more the merrier.
Speaker 3: Things that I've seen. So things to be vigilant off when you get emails asking always click and look at the email because you know, when you get an email it to say from Jessica Ricky and then if you click it, it will say you got the inmitual email. It's very common for it to stay from I don't know, Bendigo Bank and then you click on it and at from XYZ two three form blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Then it has like Bendy Go Bank in the username still.
Speaker 3: And you're like, hold on, yeah, So always look at the actual email links will never come to you from tech via tech from your financial institution, Like they'll never say.
Speaker 2: I'll click this link to verify your bank details. Yeah, it looks like suspicious activity on your account. Click this link to confirm whether or not it was you. So don't like, always go directly through your banking app, go directly through your banking website. Don't click those links and then the other one. Someone DMB the other.
Speaker 3: Day and ask me about this. They're like, you do a lot of Facebook marketplace stuff. Can you tell me there's a common thing at the moment where people will ask to pay you via card or direct debit, and then they'll charge back the payment so that the payment then bounces back to them.
Speaker 2: So rude, How do you stop that?
Speaker 3: It's really hard to do, Like you, there's not a lot you can do, so like your options are only take cash, although I understand if you're selling a couch like five hundred dollars, you might not want five hundred dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: I would prefer that then having some random be able to charge back. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: The other thing is look at reviews and stuff. So even a lot of people don't realize this when you sell stuff on Facebook marketplaces, you can rate like the transaction the seller. So even just if you're buying something from someone you know and you want to check that they're not selling fake or that they're not kind of dodgy, just like click on their profile and it will usually list if they've sold stuff before, they'll have a rating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's also worth just looking at that.
Speaker 3: It's not a perfect system because selling stuff on marketplace or gum Tree or whatever is you're in it. It's a very personal. There's no system in place to really prevent that. But just again being like super hyper vigilant or a good one is PayPal transacting through PayPal, so say hey, like sorry, not happy to do direct via the bank, but PayPal has really fantastic systems in place to protect buyers and sellers, So you may have to pay a few dollars in transaction fees, but for peace of mind, I think that.
Speaker 2: That's really worth it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I love that regular people are doing this, like the I think so like I think people are selling stuff on Facebook market play or going to buy stuff on Facebook Marketplace and then being like yeah, so sorry, can I just transfer you the cash and then they're trying to charge it back. Really that is so mean, which is awful, But again, I'm so angry about that on everybody.
Speaker 3: That Yeah, it just seems like and I mean, I know that times are tough and people get desperate, but I think that the moral of the story is you do have to just kind of be a little bit suspicious and a little bit aware and do whatever you can to protect yourself. And sometimes that means taking more steps, but better that than you know, losing three hundred and fifty dollars, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, and if it's a little bit more life, I mean, I get it, but at the end of the day, it's protecting you. Yeah, that's invaluable. Should we get into the DM we should? Oh my gosh, I want to keep talking about scam. I'm not going to you can do a whole week, okay, okay, okay. I will talk to Emma off air. Emma is our producer for those of you following along at home, and we will do a deep dive into scams, the most common ones. What's going around. Oh, it's going to beat you. Ready, beg, I'm so ready? Okay, are we ready for the DM? Of the week, though, Yes, okay, here's the DM we got. Guys. My partner has been out of work for about nine months and is really struggling to find a new job, not even getting interviews, even though they've been looking in diverse fields and roles. I've held with their resume and everything's in order, and I'm stumped as to why they've been given no job offers and only one interview this whole time. I know communication is key, and I've tried several times to have conversations about it, but as it's a sensitive topic, I don't want to push it, and my partner says they'll reach out with any updates instead of me bringing it up. There've actually been very few updates. We've been together for about four and a half years and don't live together yet, and I feel like our lives are currently on pause and we're getting further away from being able to buy a house, which is a shared goal because of his unemployment. I want them to feel confident and successful, and I feel very helpless and scared at how long this has gone on. As savings don't last forever. What can I do in this situation without being too pushy? What would you guys do well, as you guys know, obviously, I was maybe redundant last year and I was with Jess at the time, and I still am, but I sugar mama, Yeah, sugar MoMA. She really was a sugar mama for a little while, and I suges we appreciate it. And I couldn't find work for ages, but I was actively looking. So I feel like there's two different things like if if if this partner is actively looking. And some time when Jess was like sticking by me and being really nice and patient, I was like almost feeling this weird, like inferiority sort of thing. I was just like, oh, I don't want you to feel that. Thank you. Well, I think that's like there's there's a part of it that like if if your partner is actively trying and really is trying to get a job and cannot because that is literally what happened to me, And it's not because I wasn't trying whatever. I sent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of couple letters and resumes and and kept changing them and you know, all these things that I was trying and then couldn't find a job. So I was like kind of at a point where I was like, I was almost like to that to just like I was like, you can you know, there's no no pressure to like hang around if you you know, I was like, and then she was like you what I know? And she was like, I'm not going to I'm not going to break up with you because you don't have a job. I happened to like you as a human band because you earn money totally, and so in this moment, it was like that was so meaningful. And so I think for your partner if and I say again, like I really want to clarify, like if they actually like really really genuinely trying to find a job, if I'm like putting myself in your partner's shoes, I'm like, the only thing I needed was that reassurance that no one was angry at me, everyone still loved me, I still was valued, and I'm still a functioning member of society. I'm not going to be like banished.
Speaker 4: From everyone's lives because I can't find a job, because that's like I can't find a job, I don't have money, I'm losing my savings. Everyone hates me, no one loves me.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Don't you're not worthy of job and you just viral.
Speaker 4: And so they could be the case that your partner's actively trying or maybe just like really really low and isn't like trying as hard as they once were. But either way, I think that the person who is you know, has lost their job and is looking definitely needs support and there's no rush really, like I understand like people have different you know, goals, and it's like, oh my god, we're so close, like we're going to buy a house at the end of this year, but really connection and love is way more important, and if you love each other, then I think just keep being patient, which I know sucks to because if you're in it, it's like I under totally understand the fear. But then on the flip side, if your partner's like just not communicating and not trying and not you know, anything, then that definitely needs a very very serious conversation. That's probably symptomatic if something bigger. Maybe they don't you know, maybe they don't actually care about this financial goal. Maybe that maybe that means that they they're not respecting you as much as they should and all these other things. So I'm like if that's the case the case. If it feels more like that, then that's definitely you definitely need to talk about your future together. In your future financially, communication is key.
Speaker 2: Shuger, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think that it's hard because your partners obviously tried to draw a boundary in saying they'll come to you with updates. But at the same time, if I was in our listener's shoes, I think that I also would probably be stressing. And I think, as you said, maybe communicating to them and saying, hey, like, I understand that you're probably under a lot of stress because you're, you know, not feeling like you're being able to get a job and validate them, and I understand that you're trying.
Speaker 2: I see that.
Speaker 3: But from my end, I also would really appreciate being kept in the loops so that I can have an understanding of what's going on because we are in this together, particularly if we're sharing goals and finances. The one piece of actionable advice I would give is that if you've been applying and applying for nine months, and you know, our listener said that he was applying across a range of industries, I would suggest that maybe he needs to be applying for lower level roles. Like if you're applying over nine months and you're still not having any luck and you're getting to the point where you're stressed about money, as hard as it is, you might just have to go I'll take what I can get totally. I'll pick up an evening shift at the pub, or I'll you know, instead of being a senior manager of marketing, I'll take a marketing manager or a marketing assistant. And it sucks, but there's no shame in just taking what you can get to keep yourself afloat.
Speaker 2: Until we keep you on track to get your goals correct.
Speaker 3: You can still interview for jobs, like you can keep applying, keep applying, keep interviewing, but it sounds like you're at the point where you just kind of or your partner just needs a job to have some money coming in to maybe fill the gap on the resume, to make sure that you guys are able to achieve your goals. And I think, as hard as it is, sometimes you do just have to take a step backwards to take a step forwards, you know, take a slightly lower role so that you can progress within that company, or take a slightly lower role so that you can work on building your skill set or study or do whatever. But nine months is a really long time and it's definitely not always the fault of the app can but it sounds like you're getting to the point where you just need to be able to do something, and that would probably be That's what I would do personally.
Speaker 2: I think that's great advice, Like that's it's just kind of like, get out there, get a job because do you know what? It obviously is much harder done than said, but being employed is going to make you more employable to your dream job as well. Yeah, oh, I've actually got a job at the moment, Like I want to step up into this or do you know what? The work ethic? I remember, and I've said this before on the podcast about you, Jess, I remember when I hired you, you'd been made redundant, were going through COVID I in order and I was like, what are you doing at the moment? And you were like, I'm working in a warehouse and I was like doing what And You're like packing boxes and I was like great, Like I adored that work ethic. That's the type of person that I want working for me, But the contrast would have been, Oh, I'm just waiting to find my perfect job. I got made redundant and I want to like it spoke volumes about your character that you were like, I'll just do anything actually to fill my time, to keep money coming in and food on the table. I was like, mad, respect, that's the type of person I want to surround myself with. And I literally didn't even take it much further. I was like, I don't think I even cared about qualifications. It was all about work ethic And I was like, that is who I want on my team. Yeah, and I think that that's really important to remember. Not because I'm like gold standard employer, but like that's how most people would see it. Like, and it's not a bad thing. I guess updating your resume. I know you've had a look at it, but like, would it be worth getting somebody external to have a look at it and tailor it? Are you using targeted cover letters?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Big one. So like you're just submitting your resume on Seek. Like because if you're just going on Seek and hitting apply, Apply, Apply, like there's no tailoring, there's no personality, Like it is hard to get a job at the moment, and tailored cover letters do stand out, and I know that a lot of people, and like, we've had this heat before. You've probably seen it, just I don't know if you've paid attention to it on TikTok beck because I don't think we've done a lot of employment stuff recently. But people when I say, oh, write a tailored cover letter, They're like, I shouldn't have to do that. My experience should speak for itself. It's like, I totally agree with you, but like I'm not the one hiring, it's other people, and I'm giving advice that hopefully puts you ahead of the curve, that puts you ahead of the other applicants. And a tailored cover letter where you've clearly done your research and you understand, you know the company and the values it brings. Like people see that and go, wow, that's a lot of effort. I love someone who puts that effort into my business. I would be optimizing your LinkedIn. Yeah, so like not always the best thing for your industry. I don't know what industry you're in, but like making sure that your LinkedIn is up to date, has all of your current stuff, your degrees, like all of those things, so that if someone is looking you up, they're getting a really clean experience of what you do, how you do it. Also cleaning up your online presence. No, it's a relevant thing.
Speaker 3: Like in this day and age, people are looking people on Facebook and Instagram and whatever to see who they might be hiring.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone in our community is going to have a presence that is negative. But like if there are things online like I don't know, you love to blast your current boss on Twitter or something, and like it's quote anonymous, but it's under your government name, and then I somehow google you and find that I don't want you working for me. That's weird. So I think that just making sure that you're dotting all your e's and crossing all your t's, and yeah, I think professional help could help. Like I know you're chewing three savings at the moment, but like sitting down and maybe talking to a career coach, maybe talking to someone who does a professional resume. Like not the worst idea in the entire world, because I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, but like, clearly something's got to change. True and maybe your partner. I don't know. I don't like getting advice from my partner. Yeah, I don't want to be told by him that, oh, yoursmey is not good enough whatever. Maybe like an external doing that would feel a little bit nice, I'm sure. So it feels can sometimes feel like, oh my god, I'm already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's anything, Like don't they are probably feeling embarrassed. Like I know that when I took a job that was not there's anything wrong with working a warehouse like it, but.
Speaker 2: It was just not work done before.
Speaker 3: But it was not like Youurine, I'd been a career girly, and I was like, wow, like I feel a little bit like I'm taking a step in that doesn't a differentiation to the direction that I want to be going, and that felt really embarrassing. And not finding a job for such a long period of time can also feel really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: So and I was literally the opposite. When I looked at you from the outside, I was like, whoa, Like that's ilite ye, So like people, I promise looking at you from my perspective, not the way that you're seeing yourself in that moment.
Speaker 3: So like reminding him that that's the case, but also there's nothing to be embarrassed about, like you've got it. Sometimes you just got to do what you gotta do and whatever that looks like, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, I use I use recruitment agencies, and I don't know if that's the thing. That's a great ideas. Use those because they're like they're kind of like out there and they're doing the work for you, and let's play. I love those places. We did ask the community. We were like, we have your two cents please. We said, if you were our community member, what would you do. Nineteen percent of you said, try and help with the job hunt, twelve percent said I'm going to give them space to figure it out, and sixty nine percent said I'm going to need to have a serious conversation about next steps. We then asked, have you or have you had a partner that has experienced extended unemployment. Thirty one percent said, yep, it was really hard it would be. Thirty one percent beck yeah, sixty five percent said no. Luckily enough. Four percent of you said I'm actually in the same boat right now. I'm so sorry. You has tough spot to save that so next we said, all right, give us your actual two cents, type out how you're feeling. Someone said, as the partner who was unemployed, please just give them space. They feel guilty enough already that's been reiterated in the way that you were saying you for feeling Beck. Yeah, and I just I totally respect that, but it's often not a reflection on news softa to reflection of the market. Someone else said, make it a fun night activity. Why not have a pizza, some drinks and do some team job searching together.
Speaker 3: Cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice. It's also just a really nice idea. Like imagine if Jess turned around and said, Beck, I don't judge you for not having a job, but do you want to get a pizza and just like deep dive one evening? True, I feel really supportive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone else said. The other thing is what are they doing while not working right now? That's a big one.
Speaker 3: Are they helping picking up slack around the house or are they playing video games in their pjs all day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I mean you did say that they weren't living together, but surely you could get a good idea of what they're doing in their sharehouse or what they're doing in their parents' house or what that looks like. Someone else said, hr here, try applying for temporary roles first, more immediately available and recruiters will actually help you. That's a great a suggest Someone else said, there is an element of who you know. Maybe attend some networking events or reach out to your network also really good, depending on what industry you Yeah. Someone said, shared financial and life goals mean you do get input into the other person's life. That's a that's and that's kind of how I feel. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was like, I understand, and you should respect somebody's boundary. But at the same time, I can also understand that if it affects you as the partner, you have a right to at least have a seat at the table for a conversation. How much you're entitled to is to be decided between the two of you, but once you are working towards things together, you're at.
Speaker 2: The same table. Yeah. Yeah, I like that idea. I haven't really thought about like what entitles you to have a opinion, but it's nice to have some I guess boundaries. Someone else said, totally get it. The job market is really hard right now. My partner applied for more than two hundred jobs last year and got two interviews. That is crell it's happening. It's so weird. That is awful. But also thank you for sharing, because I know that so many people are in this situation, and I think that the person that might have written in is like, is there something wrong. It's like, it's actually hard for so many people at the moment, and you can start to think it's you. It's not like, more often than not, it's absolutely not. Someone else said, sounds like the partner needs to apply for temporary jobs outside of his field. So similar to your advice, yess, and also similar to that advice from HR and then the last one because I won't go on and on said tell them they could like do Nightville or cleaning or uber It's or any other job to keep them away from a dog GMLM so much. Yeah, an MLM is not an option. It'll actually end up probably costing you more than what you would make, so that's not a good opportunity. Anyway, That's a great place to leave it. I love you guys. You are so funny. Have a good week. We'll see you bright early Monday morning from Money Diary. Until then, enjoy the weekend, my loves Bye, guys bye. The advice shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs. Victoria Divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money Sherper Pty Ltd ABN three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine