Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three HQG Melbourne, Australia forcasting to.
Speaker 3: The Weld for Christian about no bad in the row?
Speaker 4: Yeah you sound like my wife Reckfast Show.
Speaker 5: My girlfriend had a poodle called Keith Smell.
Speaker 3: I've forgot that all right. Good morning, Wednesday morning. Welcome to the show Gold one O four point three. Christian O'Connor Reckfast Show. Have you well this morning? Good morning, Jack Posts, your morning, Christian, Good morning, Patria Jones.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 3: Do you know you know obviously this week I'm home alone and tell you what Pats you send me an email that they ask him what the uber each toteo was. It's only what I've been used it once at the weekend, cooking for myself.
Speaker 4: What about delivery menu log? You just spread them across all the day?
Speaker 3: You there's been only one, only one now I've been cooking for myself. Feels a bit sad when he used to cooking and it being with your family, you sit down at your big dining table, you're just there alone. The kids called me I saw sat down yesterday with a soup. I couldn't be bothered to anything more than just a lonely old soup. Sat down with a soup with saying bread to dunk in it by myself, like an old retiree, echoing around the house. The kids called and they were like, what are you doing now? And I'm just literally at the dining till by myself with a lonely old bowl of soup, and my twelve year old lowesst hit me again with the idea that she thinks I should do when I'm alone is get some cutouts made of the family and put them around the table. It would be so odd for people driving past their house they saw she is he there with blow up sort of friends and stuff like that?
Speaker 4: Do they all have their own bowl of soup?
Speaker 3: It's strange, hey, stop being on the bread. I need something to dunk into my lonely old soup here. And then, because the wonders of online banking, I saw that. They told me they were just doing it's catching it with some friends. Yesterday I suddenly start seeing a lot of activity on the credit card right, and so I freaked them out because nowadays, when you do online banking, it would let you know where it is, what time, exactly where in the world and what was purchased. So suddenly I freaked out my teenage daughter and went, do you really need those cuffed cargo pants? A minute later, what, how do you know? I've just bought them. I'm watching Dad's eye is always in the sky. You might be in London right now, but I'm online looking at the cane in this credit card getting well. I happened to catch it up with friends. Who is that Harod's Harvey Nichols, So yeah, I was watching them and sort of spend their way around London yesterday before I had about this weekend. So who have you bothered to see the cricket yesterday?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Saw a bit of it?
Speaker 3: A bit of it.
Speaker 4: You can't watch it all nice, especially when waking up this morning.
Speaker 3: But go Ausies because you won.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: Even Patsy came this morning. She never normally mentioned sports because Patsy, well, come on, you're not a big sports I like the cricket, what about all the other sports?
Speaker 5: A f I love the cricket on a hot afternoon in the summer, And.
Speaker 3: Who are the two captains of the national australiing cricket team.
Speaker 6: Aaron Finch is the skipper too, is there too?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, Aaron Finch is one. He got Player of the match a century. Who's the other one?
Speaker 3: It's your team, your country.
Speaker 5: Jack helped me out, but he wasn't this morning out to drive hung around.
Speaker 3: In the door this morning again. Sorry, you would like some sort of the older A girl from the year above me at school, she went sorry about your England cricket team losing, first time in every year you've ever mentioned sport to me.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to come to your own. I am an Australian when it comes to cricket, I can't.
Speaker 3: But she's making out she's a mega fan.
Speaker 6: No, I don't mind it. The other captain, I don't know the other one.
Speaker 4: Is Is it Steve Smith? Is he playing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But he stepped down after the Sandgate.
Speaker 4: I mean he's come back, isn't he.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's not skipper.
Speaker 3: They won't then be captain for a while yet. You got a few million years yet. I tell you what I watched about half an hour. England were a bit more. And also I'm not the world's biggest cricket fan. It is a born old game to watch if you're not a fan, it really is. So in the Inda flicked over to watched Bob Murphy's interview with Roughie Roughhead. Very good however, right I texted Bob going, why are you both in heavy sheepskin jackets? Does the budget on Foxtown not extend to heating when you're filming the show? But it was. It was a great chat with him. It's very very good. But yeah, well done to Australia. I don't want to sound bitter here, but it was more like England lost more than Australia one. Any well done? That hurt to say.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three yesterday, whilst I was watching the start of the cricket Live from Lord's, I saw on social media on Twitter as a post from a rival radio station Triple M, you know, and I follow them. I like to see what's going on and also some of their posts just they just make me feel good. They make me laugh because there's often a video of Eddie McGuire and the one that they posted yesterday was another one that made me laugh and I'm not sure it was designed to make me laugh. This was a post Eddie McGuire live from Lords. Now. Obviously, whether you're not you've been to a One Day International or cricket game, but if you're talking about it's the mcg or Lords. There is a very strict code of conduct, you know when I've been to Lords and that you know you have to dress the right way. You can't go into certain areas if you're not dressed the right way. And there's an etiquette at cricket. You know, the rules of cricket are one of the oldest rules I've written down with Wisdom's Almanaut. They date back to the eighteen hundreds. I don't think this is the right way to behave at Lord's. Imagine you were lucky enough to get a ticket to go and watch your team compete at the Cricket World Cup, and then a guy behind you pulls out a microphone and starts doing his radio show. Because that's what Eddie maguire did.
Speaker 7: Not breakless.
Speaker 9: Then the ass just like here's coloring up.
Speaker 3: They're give us look stuff.
Speaker 9: Pictures on forty eight one is on forty seven We're going beautiful to hear and the possess around the crowd to hear at the moment, enjoying themselves at Lord's poems are standing the scene, but they're standing with his a little bit of hype as well. So let's hope we continue on from here. Na story having be handy at marches.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That's in the stands as well. That's not in a commentary box. That's out with the public.
Speaker 3: I need to describe what the video shows. Eddie in the Eddy suit. I don't think he's ever not in that Eddie suit. I think he sleeps and it showers in it.
Speaker 6: It's welded to his body.
Speaker 3: It's like a superhero outfit for him, isn't it. It's that Batman he thinks he's got like in his lair. He's got loads of them, sort of pressed, all ready to go. He pulls out microphone. There's a guy in front of him who looks around, like, what the you know, it's distracting. Plus he's not doing he's got a grapig microphone. I mean, I don't know if they're searched. When you go into Lord's. He kind of smuggling recording equipment. He's got no rights to be. They're not broadcasting on Triple M. And if you're a cricket fan you're going to be watching it. You're not going to be going on to Triple m's twitter feed to find out what is the latest score at my favorite game, to see how Australia doing in the World Cup. Eddie's there pulling out his microphone. I'm not sure whether they're allowed to share other radio stage stations videos right. I shared it yesterday. The pricess thing is the guy in front of Eddie who's just trying to watch the game. It gets quiet a lot of times during quick it doesn't there's a downplay and stuff like that. It's all very quiet. There's a there's a there's a loud Australia man behind you starts just to do links for his radio show.
Speaker 10: The is U.
Speaker 9: Breakless man, the ars just like there's coloring up. They give us this stuff bigtures on't forty eight, warners on forty seven and we're going beautifully here in the posies around the crowd here at the moment, enjoying themselves at lud So. The problems are standing the scene, but the standing bill is a little bit hype as well, So let's hope we continue on from here.
Speaker 3: Nas story having to be handy at lunches. It's the way that Eddie pulls out a great big microphone as well, where I don't know if I've been sat on it hiding it from the umpires or officials, and starts to do his radio show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Yesterday, on the show, we had so many amazing calls, amazing stories off the back of five topic Tuesday where we run five phone ins at the same time. One of them we were talking about did your parents have an unusual weird job? And so we got this great call, but guy's dad blew up basically with some kind of explosives expert.
Speaker 11: So as a kid in the early nineties and the wars were before the last, my brother and I used to be able to go on to the mining sites with him and we would sit the opposite of a huge valley and then my brother and I would be able to push the button in the entire amountain so I would wipe up like a diehard movie.
Speaker 3: What an amazing thing to do with it? Now, blow up mountains.
Speaker 4: I remember making those little sparkle bums when I was a kid, and you know, that's one percent of what Jake was doing.
Speaker 3: And then we used to really get from a dodgy news agent. Was these under the counter Chinese firecrackers and they were pretty wild.
Speaker 4: I get them in Melbourne, I do you, yeah, that afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they always keep them under the counter, don't they in a little brown bag you go. So, yeah, we're still looking for did your parents have an unusual job? We've got a couple left off of the show yesterday on our Facebook page. Lorraine. My dad was literally paid to laugh. He had a very infectious laugh and was paid at a Brisbane club in the forties to laugh at the jokes of the comedians doing the show. Becky's is awesome. This is an amazing one, Becky. This is obviously from one of our listeners over in England. My dad was a structural engineer for the government. He got called up in the middle of the night when the round tower at Windsor Castle burned down and had to explain the situation to the Queen the morning after. What a job.
Speaker 6: Well, I remember when that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, it's huge cost, millions of damage and all the stuff they can't really be replaced because so old Mary said, my mum's work involves signing the Official Secrets Act. She still won't tell us to this day. Why that's great. So we're looking for yesterday. We'll be so impressed with my parents had done usually do. But it's also there was another thing in that call about blowing up the mountain was the fact that he took his kids to his office, his work, which was blowing up stuff for the mining industry. So we want to know did you go to work with your mum or dad? It probably it's not going to be as exciting as blowing up a mountain, but did you ever go to work with your mum or dad? The other thing we had was this great story yesterday back.
Speaker 12: In the old days at school in woodwork, might have sue many canoe somewhere around ten or eleven foot long.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know where he was exaggerating, whether it was ten or eleven foot long, whether it was six foot long. The fact is at school he made a canoe. All I remember making for my parents was a wooden letter opener, and my mum and dad, not the kind of people who would use a letter opener, not exactly downtown Abbey where we lived. So we want to know what did you make at school as well? What did you did you make anything?
Speaker 4: Oh, woodwork has already gone by the time I got to public school. If you missed out the joint, I think they didn't trust kids too. I'm even surprised they trusted back in the day with all the power tools.
Speaker 3: Oh, honestly, it was power tools, drills, a lathe. We had a lathe.
Speaker 4: We were only trusted with clay.
Speaker 3: That's it. When you look back, Pats, it is crazy that we were allowed to just help. The teacher would just go listen, I've got to go and check something. I'll be back in half an hour. And teenagers were in a workshop with dangerous machinery, actual machinery, drills, a lathe.
Speaker 4: I remember, we could do enough damage with like rulers and pencil cases and stuff. If we had actual equipment with like saws, it.
Speaker 3: Was the highlight of my week. We'd get each other's pencil cases right and put them through this. There was this thing that you dropped that was a circular saw, right, And again we had no protector. It's no goggles or anything. We would just get each other's pencil cases when you weren't looking at tees out there, shove it in and go and actually cut pencil case in half. I remember one of the lads who got expelled from the school is quite a violent kid, trying to get another kid's tie and put it through the lane. But it's like putting him closer into its lucky not too involved in a death. All right, So the topic's still going on then from yesterday did your parents ever take you to their job? And what did you make at school? Nine one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Just had an email come in from Pauline, listened to the show this morning, already at work on Exhibition Street, said yesterday, I've got a late to the party about walking in through the wrong door. Christian, Hi, my husband and I hired a campervan to travel around Tazzy a few years ago. I'm not sure if you noticed when you were over there with your wife recently, how many caravan parks there are there Come dusk, everyone congregates around the many caravan parks in our case it was Devenport. We settled in for the night along with several other campers. We got to meet and have a couple of drinks with All went well, so I found myself making a quick dashback from the loom in the middle of the night to our van. I was about to jump back into bed as I heard someone whispering in a very foreign language. Froze for a moment, and as I felt myself going to a moment of sheer panic, I realized I had entered the wrong van, the wrong camper van, and definitely the wrong bedroom. Now only did I flee so quickly I left my shoe, one of my shoes at the door. Yes, I sent my husband around next morning to collect it. The poor buggers must have got the fright of their lives waking. It's just a single shoe that wasn't one of theirs. Pauline, thank you very much. That all right. Let's go to the lines now, asking this morning on nine four one o four three, what did you make at school? And did you ever go to work with your muml jab dad to go to their job with them with your mum or dad nine four one four one oh four three, Gary, good morning, good morning, here you go. I'm good Gary, thanks for calling the show. So you went to work with your mum or dad?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I went to work with my dad back in the early eighties.
Speaker 7: She was a train driver. I would have been a bed of living. Drive trains all over Melbourne, pick up passengers, stop at stations, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's mainly what train drivers do. Another way, you're explaining how a train works, so the train stops these people passengers, as Gary's telling us the first time, all around Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Mate, And do you ever let you pull the lever and push the button that makes it go?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I used to sit in the driver's seat, is to stand beside me and tell me what to do.
Speaker 13: But funding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you can't get it wrong, right, It's like rails.
Speaker 3: I believe you can, can't you Garry? It's quite is it quite a complicated thing driving a train.
Speaker 7: It's just there's a dead man switch. It's just you push a button every three minutes. If you don't push that button, the train will automatically stop.
Speaker 3: We need those in a studio. Hugg He's not getting any younger. Hey, all right, Gary, thanks you cool, mate. You have a good day, you too.
Speaker 13: Bye.
Speaker 3: I think there's a new feature and people call and explain how basically things work to us. Daniel, good morning, good morning, hello mate. What did you build at school, Danny boy?
Speaker 15: Back in two evel five? I built a bar.
Speaker 4: That's pretty big.
Speaker 3: It's a decent sized bar.
Speaker 15: Was really good to make.
Speaker 3: And so what's this part of a school project? Then you had to build a bar? Did you just choose to build a bar and other kids did other stuff?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So you ten, Tom, I would work teacher.
Speaker 15: I was doing year eleven, Year twelve, would work.
Speaker 16: I wanted to make a bar, he said, no, Year eleven.
Speaker 15: Halfway through to make the bar. No, year twelve, making a bar.
Speaker 3: Goes okay, times you're right, You're ready now. The force is strong with you, young Jedi would worker and Daniel town with this mate. My would work teacher was a legend. What was your yours like? Would work teachers were light pe teachers and sport teachers, very different from the rest of the school teachers.
Speaker 11: My wood work teacher was amazing.
Speaker 16: I had a nickname Chief because he called everyone chiefs.
Speaker 11: So he called him Chief and.
Speaker 15: Came came to a shape from America, so.
Speaker 3: He was out there. Do you know what if you ever get a chance to and you see a photo of what you made, I'd love to see that one day. How you made a bar or a meter and a half bar. That's incredible, Daniel. Thanks going the show mate showing it with us.
Speaker 12: Have a good day, Thank you morning, have a goat day.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three taking calls this morning. Two ways to join us this morning. Then what did you make at school? And did you ever go to work with your mum or dad? It's not going to another world, the mysterious world that you didn't really knew what they did or what they really did when they left the house. Christian listened to a show this morning Michelle Robert memories of going to work with my mum when I was a young kid. She was a cleaner in a chocolate actually in Fitzroy. I remember lots of big shiny machines, a delicious smell throughout the factory, and been given lots of free confectiony from her boss, including Whiz Fizz. A dream come true for any kid. That's from Michelle, I.
Speaker 4: Think I lived in that building, the first apartment I lived in with Bianca. We lived in Fitzroy, and it was the Mcrobertson building which used to chocolate shot a chocolate factory.
Speaker 3: Yeah really yeah, Oh that's so coot. Michelle, please email us back. I bet it is that. There can't be loads of it well known one, right, I think?
Speaker 4: So how many chocolate factories can you have in fitz Roy?
Speaker 3: As a kid, you would have felt like you were going to one Becaus factory, wouldn't you getting that free chocolates? And I can almost it's not my memory, but I can almost it took out the smells that you remember years later on that that probably that warm chocolatey smell or something. And whiz fizz. I don't think they're allowed to call sweets that anymore now because it sound like drugs, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: No, it's still called whiz fizz, is it?
Speaker 3: It was just sugar, it was we had that in the UK. Was just sugar. I I bet I'm willing put money. Those ingredients are not the same now, all right? Then, just had this great Texas coming as well. Hi, Christian, it's Mitchell I made and ned Kelly in metalwork. No more detailers offered. Does he mean he made a metallic ned Kelly.
Speaker 4: Or he could have made his own helmet?
Speaker 3: I guess of course. Right, All right, let's take a few more calls before we finished this hour. Harry, good morning, good morning, how are you? Oh? Good mate? Please tell us what you made at school?
Speaker 13: Yes, look, we made the Canadian kaiaks. But then we made the mirror Dinghy's and that was the entire thing. We made stitch and blue method. And then our sports teacher took us down at Frankston Beach and we learned how to sail down there in the mirror Dinghy's, the little yachts that we made. It was fantastic, What an amazing thing.
Speaker 3: What a great school. So you had to make your own and sew your own sales as well.
Speaker 13: Look we're all done in a key it which we bought from a marine shop in Frankston. The mast, the whole thing. It was took a long time. It was a special sort of project that we had.
Speaker 7: How old are you, bull?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 13: How old I got yesterday?
Speaker 11: Fifty eight?
Speaker 3: Now? No, no, no, no, now. If you're at school with young kids and as a fifty eight year old dude, he's just a bit slow. He's been kept back a couple of years. Still make it a both.
Speaker 4: He's for fifty years.
Speaker 3: Bless him.
Speaker 4: He's trying to get off the mainland.
Speaker 3: He's never going to leave here.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Is that that guy in a shawl shot with Brooks.
Speaker 4: Or Tom has and castaway trying to sail over the first wave.
Speaker 13: Now at the time, look back then we were probably well we called it forms back then, but for form four i'd say form five. So that's the same as year ten, year or eleven nowadays. Gotcha fifteen sixteen?
Speaker 3: And how did it sail?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Look, that were great and we you know, you wouldn't do it nowadays. But the sports teacher who has just looked like Dennis Lily.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 13: He was in the speedboat and then we had to tip over.
Speaker 3: In the speedboat.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: That's the x Men sort of Charles Xavier Institute.
Speaker 4: So he was in a speedboat, you like, Jennis taking your sailboat behind him.
Speaker 13: No, no, we sailed out. He followed us. Oh right, he was the safety guy and he was speedboat. Thinking about it now, just go. The kids will never be allowed to do it now. But yeah, we tipped them over and made them come up right again and then off we go sailing.
Speaker 3: At the lesson. What a great experience for you. That's a fantastic story, Harry. Thanks for sharing that with us, mate, it's brilliant. Thank you.
Speaker 13: Thanks for that.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I had the joy of how to set up an online account for VIC Rhodes. You know you've got like fourteen days if you move house to it. And what is it when you have to set up like any kind of banking account or any kind of account where they give you those you have to go through that security question thing set in your security.
Speaker 4: Questions your mother's maiden name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just feels like and also I didn't realize why why do there need to be so much security? Four different security questions set and you always forget the what answer you gave? Don't know your first pet well, because is it big I can't remember did I tell him it's called biggles or was it his full name, mister biggles Worth? A third I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Well, now they give you ones that they you can only choose from a drop down. Yeah, that's it, Like what's your favorite I have? And you only have the drop down?
Speaker 3: What no one remembers? You don't store your security question? That mother's maiden name is such a dull old one. And also why why are they worried about Russian hackers getting into my vic Road's account?
Speaker 4: What are they going to do?
Speaker 3: It's not like it's a bank account where they hold money for me. I was going just to let them know that I've moved house. Ye, the only thing you go on there is to pay fines. Who is hacking to get into that Dune account? There's no joy there I couldn't understand. Then you could set your own security questions as well, then give your own answer as well, But the whole thing is to then you start to think about what security question would be the only I would know the answer to, Like why did Leanne Arnold dump me when I was thirteen? I don't want to see that question every time been prompting me. There was all too much in this smalling certain news. Then I he pats you too much. Mobile phones banned from all Victorian state schools.
Speaker 5: Ye're all primary and secondary schools from term one next year.
Speaker 3: Right now, this is pause. There are kids listening to this or work out how old they are, what year they'll be going to and we go few dodge that I could still have a phone. This is big news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: Where the first state or territory to do it, and I think it is great news. It is really And it's to crack down on cyber bullying so they can at least leave it at the school gate, and also to put their attention back on class where it should be.
Speaker 3: Listen. I know there are kids that are playing like games on their phones during lessons of teachers can't police everybody. It's unbelievable. Do you think it's going to be like for us? When we were growing up it was always about smoking? Teachers would they would just burst into a toilet and go, ah, are you smoking? Do you think it's gonna be like are you guys on Facebook?
Speaker 6: It's like the new smoking, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're behind the bike sheds, you know, crowded around looking at a funny dog video? Quick, someone are you on watch out today? Who's on ground duty? Which teacher is going to be patrolling looking for it? It's going to be and you know it's like there's always enterprise, isn't in a school, you know, market forces start to merge. There'd be some young entrepreneurs fifteen who in a cut that was tim into this band will start saying there's really old clam phones like better called soul marching around the blakery ground. What did you guys have banned from your school? In the eighties, there was a rage of fluorescent daygo socks, I mean like bright orange or bite pink, and I remember, you know Mima mats. You'd all rock up to school try and press girls wearing them, and they after a week they were banned because they thought it was not part of the school uniform. Bad boys, wah boys.
Speaker 5: We weren't allowed to have any more than two piercings, no piercings in our ears, and certainly no nose rings or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Good lord, No, what about you, Jack, You're younger than Patsy and I.
Speaker 4: We had in primary school Yo Yo's band and not the crason you think where it's dangerous and it could hit somebody in the head. It was because they bought out this new yo Yo called the Brain that had mechanics in it, so it was a superior yo yo, and it's way more expensive. And the kids like me who didn't have the brain, they felt bad for us and they didn't want other kids to feel like they're, you know, richer. So yeah, that is the kind of phrase you would use to describe someone like me who had only the Coca Cola yo yo one that you.
Speaker 3: Got me too. I was raised like that. Oh I guess in perhaps world that I was a povo as well as well. You worried, all right, lady Patrina Jones on News, All right, what do you have banned your school? Ninety four one four one oh four three. Once again that turn there with Patsy's magic No. Four one four one o four three? What was banned at your school?
Speaker 1: Give us a call the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three asking this morning. Then off the back of the news, Patsy's talking about this morning about mobile phones. I think this is great initiative, well done banning them and schools, all Victorian state schools. So what was banned at your school? Scott? Good morning mate, Good morning guys. We do and we're good I hope you're well, Scott, and I always love to talk to you on the show, Scott, was what was banned from your school?
Speaker 2: We had a couple of games are actually danced from our school from a world that was Brandy and British full Dog now Puttish Bulldog.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it was one of the many things that made it over here as well. Legendary game was this around him when you went to school, Jack, You're gone.
Speaker 4: I already had the watered down version after Pussy by the time you came along. Where you the clues in the second half of that name, I had to see cross legged on the ground. That was what the bulldogs were. So instead of running and tackling, you sat on the ground with your tentacles out and you can touch people with your tentacles.
Speaker 3: Not the same. British Bulldog used to be the highlight of the lunch break. A ferocious, genuinely dangerous game.
Speaker 6: Blood spoil but brilliant.
Speaker 3: I mean I think it. It broke people and remade them. I'm not sure in a better way, but it did. What was Brandy? Oh Jesus mean the drink that's it? Kids, No more, no more, No more. More Tini. You can still have rum Friday. We all love run Friday, but no more brandy. What was brandy?
Speaker 13: Brandy was a tennis ball?
Speaker 11: Was actually chasing the tennis ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the tennis ball. We had that as long as you were allowed to you you had to use a soft.
Speaker 3: You imagine challenging kids that now, which just sounds so sad. Well, we didn't have phones. We just had to chase the tennis ball on the ground. Hi, Scott, great call, Thank you very much. Have a good day.
Speaker 4: It's a bit more entertaining that you chase people with it and you have to hit them with the tennis was just the teacher throwing a tennis fall and go go use yourself.
Speaker 3: It wasn't my school. Jen, Good morning, Hi Christian, how are you going. I'm good Jen, Welcome to the show. What was banned at your school?
Speaker 5: Doc Martin?
Speaker 14: And any black of the shoes were sold greater than one centimeter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had that as well. They were going to go around with a ruler. We've got a two centimeter over here. That's great, Jen, Thank you very much.
Speaker 14: She cool, no worries, have great day.
Speaker 3: Nine four one four one o four three What was banned at your school?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good time for one last school before the headlines with Patsy coming up next. Anthony Morning, I'm good mate. Have you were this morning as well? What was banned from your school? Why were they banned?
Speaker 14: Our teacher was explaining things on the board and we're all, yeah, of.
Speaker 3: Course it makes sense. Now do you remember how big they were every kid over the world? Yeah, every.
Speaker 2: And and you'd have to clean it up.
Speaker 3: Where are they now? The Tamagotchis? Are they just in landfill? Are the do dolphins of the world? And blue wells who got bunned up? Holes a little blowhole because there's a tamagotchies wedged in there, you know, and like roller boots and other things that we used to have and then cast aside when you grow out of them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, we haven't.
Speaker 4: No, if anybody listening has a tamagotchi, they should bring in. We should keep it as a show pet and take turne.
Speaker 3: If anyone seriously does still have their old tamagotchi, I think you can haven't quit the I think they actually people sell them like the original iPods and stuff like that for quite a big cash. Now, all right, thank you very much. You called Anthony Headlines.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one over four point three.
Speaker 3: It's time for this. Christian connor will say, I say wow, Wow. Here it is then, the holy grail of storytelling. Make us say wow. You've got a good story. Caught us up? Nine four one four one oh four three. Can you make me Jack and Pats all say wow? The one you're really going for, the Golden Goose is old Patsy. Not an easy get the well from Pat's very very hard. You can't predict it when it comes, and it rarely comes. Jack and I a little bit easier anyway. What have you got sells your stories?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: Nine four one o four three Call us up if you've got a story you think is going to make us all say wow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This time tomorrow morning. Depending on where your morning drive takes you, you could be seeing people dragging mattresses. It's race day tomorrow. We speak to the two teams, the two competitors after eight this morning for the matree Sah right now that we're doing to make us say wow, you've got to make me Chuck and pats all say wow with your story. Let's go to lines right now, Dane, good morning.
Speaker 12: Come by Christian Bonny Krue pretty.
Speaker 3: Good off you go make us say well, yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, many years ago, Christian dad was subdividing an eighty acre block up in the back area of Seymour where he was a farmer, and he was using a chainsaw to trim down a strainer post and the chain saw slipped and it went straight through his left boot and started chewing up his tape. Now he looked down at his foot and he was the only one in the paddock, and he told me this, He said, that can't be my foot. So he jumped into the ute and undid the glove box and put his left foot in the glove box because it was a work yet he was actually working for a shire around that area.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Dane, is his foot to touch to his body that it was severed?
Speaker 12: No, no, no no, it went in between his toes. So it went straight through the very front of the of the boot and just went in between two of his toes and started chewing. So just like cutting your foot lengthways, I suppose not prospers, right, okay, Yeah, so he put it. He opened up the glove box because it was bloody where and he didn't want to get blood.
Speaker 3: And all that all over the ute gentlemen. You know, he was going to look after those utes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then he drove. He was heading back home and Mum just happened to be coming down the road with the thermos and some sandwiches for lunch. And he just said, Marjorie, I said, I think you need.
Speaker 13: To follow me to the hospital.
Speaker 12: So he drove probably about fifteen twenty k's. He drove fifteen or twenty k's.
Speaker 3: It was just amazing. Yeah, with his leg up in the glove minks like Jim Pilate's leading out and they got shined out to the old missus. Marjorie. Hey, don't know, I haven't got time to hear about the dream last night. I have one of those sandwiches. I love those beef ones. Got my foot no, not off length ways? You know when it goes all right?
Speaker 7: How is that now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 12: Unfortunately he died two years ago. He made the age of ninety. But that's all good because I spent the last two years looking after both mom and dad. Good, all good. But he got to the hospital and they couldn't help him. So they had to transport him up to shipping and they had to do some microfts.
Speaker 3: Still couldn't help him, I mean, hobbling it They going, what does that seut their hospital get in there?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that's that's a wow for me.
Speaker 3: Wow is it? Hey, Dave, we've never had a three? Well straight away, that's incredible.
Speaker 16: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Guys, should we give Dave the the prize we've got every single day this week one of these nice snow gum? Yeah, there you go. We'll give you a nice warm jacket day because that's much to you.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Brisian, Hey, I.
Speaker 3: Saw it, pleasure A great story, all right, let's see what other stories got. Never had a wow straight away? I mean that's incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think he's a nice man for looking after his parents. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 4: I still don't know if past of the food came off any point. Don't open the.
Speaker 3: Glove box there, Andrea, good morning, good morning, How are you all. We're all great Andrea, and I hope you're well. Thanks calling the show. Make us say, wow, what's your story?
Speaker 8: Okay, years ago, when I was on public transport, as you do, you check to people and get to know them. Lady I was talking to she felt pregnant at the time. I was doing IVF myself, and just before she left to have her baby, I fell pregnant. So any how, roll on the years and my daughter brings home a nice boy called Adam, and it's getting quite serious. So we get to meet the parents, introduced me to his mum. It was the very same lady that I used to travel on the train with.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 8: So seven nearly seven years later, they bought a house together and hopefully we'll get engagement soon. And yeah, so it was just because back then there was no social media, there was no mobile phone, so to speak, so you shouldn't couldn't keep in contact.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that is an incredible story. It's another triple wow. Yeah, this is incredible. I'll give you Jack's snow gum.
Speaker 4: That tomorrow's jacket.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, you can have tomorrow snowgum jacket.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, that is an amazing story. It's a lovely story. Thank you Andrew, Thank you Bye. I thought you would do your normal thing. We're vigilant against coincidences, but.
Speaker 4: I really liked that. That was had a sweetness to it.
Speaker 3: I love that. And they're dating as well. It's going to Michael now. Now, before we go to Michael, not so long ago, we did a phone in. Well was trying to prove to Jack, who is a disbeliever about ghosts, that ghosts don't exist. And I wanted to prove them that they do exist by getting some stories. And so we did a phone in for about an hour with ghost stories, and none of them were very good. They weren't. We're about to go back into the holy Grail from me on this show. Yes, I know one. Now I'm going to find that great ghost story that convinces you they exist. It could be Michael Michael, Good morning morning guys.
Speaker 2: Here is good.
Speaker 3: We're excited now about going back into the world of the ghost stories. Off you go.
Speaker 2: Well, when I was about maybe three or four years old, my mum was looking through some old photos in the land room. I've walked over and I said to Mom, I said, oh, that man in the photo.
Speaker 11: I know that man.
Speaker 2: Mom's like, no, no, I don't know him. He died many years ago. You know, that's one of your dad's uncles. And I said, oh, well, he sits on the end of my bed and talks to me. So anyway, when Dad got home from work a couple of days later, Mam has asked who's this guy exactly? They goes, oh, what that and he goes, oh, you know, Michael claims that he sits on the end of his bed and talks to him each night. And he's like, oh, okay, and the bed I'm sleeping him used to be my dad's toddle of bed sort of been my dad and my brother's, et cetera, et cetera. And they goes, oh, that's really weird because that guy was the actual man who made the bed for my dad. So he actually he was a carpenter and actually built the bed and sitting on the end of the bed and talking to me all these years later. So anyway, that's it all went a little bit pear shaped everyone. So I went, okay, we won't talk about that. And about fourteen years later a family friend saw the old bed in the shed. So I really loved the bed. He said, I'd love that you can.
Speaker 3: I have it.
Speaker 2: The old man goes, no family heir loom, but you know you can use it, but you can't have it. So he took it, restored it, and anyway, after about a week of using it.
Speaker 4: Rang up.
Speaker 2: So you know, how's the bed going? He goes, Oh, I don't get it started. He said, all she's doing, he's claiming that there's a man sitting on the end of the bed, and there's a man in a room scaring her. And he said for a week, he said, you know, we've been checking it out, sleeping in there, and he said, there's nothing happening. And he said, then we'd leave her on alone again. And then he said the next night she would wake up screaming up there's a man sitting on the end of the bed. So so, yeah, so I'm not sure it was the same man, but coincidentally it's the same bloke he made the bed.
Speaker 3: That's a quite incredible story, isn't it. You know you got the haunted bed, the haunted carpenter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a long old story, Mike, A great ghost story.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, A great ghost story. Doesn't easy. Be quick Yeah, you found that interesting, didn't you? Had? You had me?
Speaker 6: I know that man.
Speaker 3: Had what is it? Ghost Part two? See he's back as a woodwork teacher.
Speaker 6: I think that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a wow from me as well. But I'm afraid the sorry Michael, so you don't get the puffer jackets. But I love the story. I love the story, Michael. I thought it was a great story. It's a good, good story. Best when we've had so far. All right, the search is still offer that ghost. All right. We've got the news and sports coming up next, and then we're going to talk about tomorrow's big race.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the Amazing match Race is here tomorrow morning, seven a m. The world will be watching Christian O'Connell's Amazing match Race. Two teams, two teams dragging a mattress as far as they can through the streets of Melbourne. They leave this radio station tomorrow morning, seven am ahead of them. Who knows how far they're going to make it. They've got two hours, one hundred and twenty minutes dragging a queen matches, carrying, dragging however they want to do it for two hours. The two teams are very different, but they share one thing two things. One they're up for a challenge and two what I call the double F factor. Family factor. Oh yes, I get it. Both family family. Yeah, siblings, you go to my friend. We've got the twins taking on father son. Who will do better? Who's in to struggle? Who's going to fall out? Tomorrow we will find out seven a m. So yesterday both the teams made their kind of trash talk tape. Let's hear how it's sounding. Father and Son plasterers Sack and Lawrence. We reckon. We'll smash this race out of the ballpark. Get ready for it. Girls.
Speaker 17: You know you guys have the mattress experience, but we've got the father's son bond.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 4: You're ready for this match race?
Speaker 3: Love it? That's sounding great, So Father and Son. The old man Lawrence is a legend. We've had so many people contact this show saying, yeah, I know Lawrence. He's a wily fit guy. You know those guys who just work whether they've got a fever or a flu, day in, day out. A grafter lifting and carrying one hundred kilo sheets of.
Speaker 4: Plaster board, people riding on our Facebook page. Everything he says he can do, he can do. And he submitted a photo to us him carrying eighty kilograms. I guess it's like plastering powder or mix or cement mix or something. So he's a strong guy.
Speaker 3: He's a strong guy. He does this day in day out. He's got his he's a wise eighteen year old son, Zach as well. So they're a strong team. I get the feeling that the old man Lawrence could do this by himself, but we won't see what happens tomorrow. And it's two hours up against her. They've got youth, they've got strong competition. They've actually got two athletes.
Speaker 1: God twin sisters, Kelly and Peter are absolutely gonna wipe the floor with them.
Speaker 2: Classroom boys, taut wait, we're young, we're fit, we do is.
Speaker 3: For a living.
Speaker 14: We're not that impressed by clasters because we are processional mattress carriers.
Speaker 3: We're going to win. Now. They didn't add there because they're modest. But you've got one of the twins as a pacor coach and then the other one is a surf rower. I'll tell you what it's a stiff competition. You can't call it between these two because both I think we'll do well. But how well tomorrow morning. Let's catch up with them now, so we've got the twins online one Peter, good morning.
Speaker 14: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: But how's it going with you guys? You're excited twenty three hours to go?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, we're excited. I mean we're both out on the road today practicing.
Speaker 3: So training in the morning. Now one's snoozes not even snooze recalls sponsoring this their end of the year financial on now nice plug smoothly down world on me. Now listen, we're asking both of you, now, how far do you think you're going to take it? We're going to take calls in a minute. How far do you think you're going to go? Exactly kilometers? Put a number on it.
Speaker 14: I can't say exactly because the answer is ten meters further than the pastor is.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's a great answer.
Speaker 4: All right, Peter? How about where are you aiming for? What's direction you're going to go?
Speaker 14: Well, we had to think we saw it all the way down Bridge Road, Burke Street, Cambell train station. I think that's about six k's on the nomes. I think that it's hard to say. It's hard to say, but we're going to aim for that as a minimum.
Speaker 3: But I think it's good for you guys mentally to have some kind of landmark or some kind of location you can fixate on after an hour when you're tired and irritated and going, why are we doing this? Why do we just jump it here and carry on with our day? Yeah, all right, that's going to be your route. Okay, so you're saying you're going to do it ten meters further than the plasters. Stay there, Peter, let's chat to father and son team. Now we've got Zach on the line. Come on, Zach, allow Zach.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So we're going to head towards Luna Park. Oh, right, Chapel Street. It's from Chapel Street. Ye, yeah, I think that's about seven point one two six kilometers. We get here in two hours. We'll just do a few roundabouts, make on the right, on the right, take the matches on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, treat the old man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, we have to do that.
Speaker 3: You think you're going to make it from Richmond to Lunar Part tomorrow morning in two hours.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's the plan, that's the destination.
Speaker 3: And everyone's fitting. Well, that's that's legend.
Speaker 17: Family support us, people supporting us. So tomorrow we want everyone sees us on the streets supporting us, beeping us and stuff. You know, we've got to have that support.
Speaker 3: Did you just hear it from the twins? The Tins reckon? The twins reckon. They got youth on their side, the two athletes, they're fit, they do this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, you know, I reckon, They've got no chance.
Speaker 3: Really, I.
Speaker 17: Just wanted to say, like, you better be ready, twins, because we've got to give the mob and a heck of a show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get the twins onto here. This all right, this is this is amazing. Twins. You're back on, Peter, you listen to this?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I got that.
Speaker 3: What do you want to say to young Zach here.
Speaker 14: Young Zach? Oh, look, I just I don't know if they know what they're getting themselves into mattresses that it's different.
Speaker 16: We got this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well I know, I reckon. We've got a pretty good carry t passboard all day, very unloaded five times this morning, so yeah.
Speaker 3: It's all long tomorrow morning. Sorry, Peter. Last word gone, Peter.
Speaker 14: Oh no, look, I'm going to be honest. It's formidable sounding opposition. It's going to be an interesting day, but.
Speaker 17: Kel and I've got this all right, all right, Okay, I just wanted to say good luck to Peter and g Oh good man.
Speaker 3: Very nice, sack, you're a nice kid. The old man's racing. Well, all right, teams rest up today with are you early tomorrow morning? Okay, there's a pre race meeting and briefing at sixty five live on the show. We will see you early tomorrow morning. And thanks for being such great sports up for us as well. We can't wait to just hear and see what's going to happen on the streets tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Right, see the other teens by, they're both really up for this. All right, Well me, Jack and Pats are going to have a guess now what we think. We'll let you know after this song. How far do you think the winning mattress is going to go tomorrow? Give us a call nine four one four one oh four three in two hours. You both heard how they're up for this. How far do you think they could drag and carry a mattress in two hours call us with your guesses for the sweep State.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So probably you're thinking Christoph before we have an estimate of how far we think they're going to be a drag or carrier. Mattress in two hours from Richmond tomorrow morning for the Amazing matt Tracer. What kind of mattress is it?
Speaker 4: Throwing away that title now you've given it everything at the start of the week.
Speaker 3: It's the Slumberland Bromley available at snows. They got their end of year financial cinemon Slumberland Romley. It's a Queen mattress. I believe those are the mattresses they're going to be carrying and dragging tomorrow morning. Okay, Well, you had a dummy run at this with Krawf on Friday, and obviously Krawf did the bulk of the work. Well you got it.
Speaker 4: It's a two person team. Yeah, sure, but he ran you up to the mcg he set the pace I had to do fifteen.
Speaker 3: He had a mattress on his head and in his back pocket was was Jack spooning from the back.
Speaker 4: We got what is it kat from here to the mpg over.
Speaker 3: I think it was one point four.
Speaker 4: In twenty five minutes. I reckon.
Speaker 3: My guess is, but you wouldn't have been to keep that pace up, you know, not even crawfoul. You're going to get fatigue and also just a grip for two hours to grip something.
Speaker 4: My guess is under six. I'm going to go for five point nine nine kilometers.
Speaker 3: That we're actually going to. We're having a sweep state. Give us a call on nine four one O four three. Join the sweep state. Whoever is closest to the pin, whether the winning mattress is will give a prize to You can put yours on Facebook as well at O C one O four three after the show. But give us a call nine four one four one O four three. Patsy, what are you? You've been examined the weather conditions well wind, We're going to find out more tomorrow morning, mostly.
Speaker 5: Sunny, seventeen wins north to northeasterly twenty to thirty k's. I think they'll surprise you. I'm going to say six point two.
Speaker 4: K's okay, you've done what they do in prices right and has gone like a nudge over my Do.
Speaker 3: You remember Facebook prices right where?
Speaker 5: This is what she used to do with every single I always used to win.
Speaker 3: I do recall true.
Speaker 4: Actually, okay, there's that wind rate. I never know. Is that a heavy wind?
Speaker 6: No, it's not too bad.
Speaker 5: That's about average.
Speaker 3: And did you say it south southwesterly or east northerly, north to northeast. I'm choking. I don't know what the difference is. I don't know. That's good all bad? So that they can use that Mary Pop, it's up that umbrella to sort fly down bridge roads.
Speaker 6: Anyone got a tail wind?
Speaker 3: Hugey sat does sometimes when he's had to carry on a Friday. I reckon, they're going to go six point seven.
Speaker 4: K oh, you came okay. I think they'll tire out. And don't forget. We've also got that five minute break in there, which we haven't mentioned on air yet.
Speaker 3: B Yeah. Insurance, the insurance for this, we have to have them short in case they hurt anybody out in the streets of Melbourne. It's all gonna be done properly. It's a mattress, you know, anything could happen. And the insurance company apparently the only thing they've insisted on other than the head torch for the first hour because it's going to be dark and high Ve's jackets. All fair enough is a five minute stopdory fin break in the middle. So like everyone does, when Pats his news is on, everyone stops and listens. It's the news that stops the nation. So tomorrow eight they will do the same like we all do. All right, what's your guest? Nine four one four, one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, asking this morning, how far do you think they're going to get the mattress tomorrow? The winning mattress? How far do you think it's going to make it? As take some guesses now on the sweep steak mark good morning, Oh good hey, Christian, hell out, I'm good buddy. And how far do you think they go?
Speaker 16: I A got three point seven five guys, three.
Speaker 3: Point seventy five. Listen, if you heard both of them, they they're going to get it further than that.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, they're going to cross some traffic lights all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: And then you're right, I don't think about traffic lights theres going to be members of the public. I mean going around Chapel Street early in the morning. Good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, I know the kids walking to school.
Speaker 16: I beeve they get sucked behind if you're a nice table.
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, thank you very much. Mark's going for that three point seventy five. Gloria, what are you going for?
Speaker 14: Six point nine one?
Speaker 4: Okay to win?
Speaker 3: All right, brilliant Gloria, Thank you very much. Keith, good morning.
Speaker 16: Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Keith. How far do you think it's going to go?
Speaker 14: Seven point one three? K lock it in?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I'm really hoping that both teams get over seven lock it in seven point one three. I like the confidence, Keith. Good on you. Paul, Kay, oh how far is he just going to go?
Speaker 16: Now? I'm thinking he's got two hours and a brisk walk is about four or five k's I'm going at ten point five. I'll joke, fun runs and I've helped someone move a king size mattress from storage in it to their house.
Speaker 11: That was king.
Speaker 16: But if you got two guys, two plasterers, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but Paul, you're going to merge those two things? You can't just say I did a fun running I got Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: You're not a fun run with a queen mattress. All right, all right, Paul, let's not even put his one him the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we have in the studio now two very special people, but one super special guest. He's an eleven year old boy called Brady and his mum and Lee sent me an email a couple of weeks ago. She said, Brady is eleven years old and he was born with club feet as well as Ella's dan Los syndrome. He's had get this twelve operations to enable him to walk. You would think that this would make him a little bit annoyed about the hand he's been dealt. In fact, the complete opposite. Brady started fundraising. Now that's the bit where when I read what you've been up to, Brady, I wanted to get you in on the show. Your mum asked for something to do with the fundraising, but I wanted to meet you, and I wanted to let everyone know on this show who listens, just what an amazing young man you are, sir Brady. What have you done. You've been raising money for other kids in the world in poor areas who also have club feet, Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 18: So basically we've like for other people in third world countries and things like that that have the same condition as me. We raised money and like, yeah, just try and give them their treatment that they need. It's like two hundred and fifty around there for one kid to get their full treatment. I think over the five years we've raised enough for like thirty nine children.
Speaker 3: Isn't that incredible? Well done? Yeah? And what made you think of them? Because obviously in this country there's amazing medical facilities, and you've experienced that somewhere like there where did you find out about what they haven't got what we have in this country?
Speaker 18: I mean it's kind of like a thing that eventually you think of things that aren't just about you. I've obviously been lucky to be born here and have the treatment that I can, but obviously people aren't as fortunate. So in their different countries or wherever they're from. I like to help out and give them the treatment that they need.
Speaker 3: But that's incredible because some people don't always think like that. Because obviously you've been through a lot. How many operations have you had? Twelve and you're eleven years of age. Yep, so you've spent a lot of time in hospital, a lot of time recovering, and I'm guessing a lot of time in pain. So it would be understandable if you just thought about you and trying to deal with your life. But you decide you have a choice. You decide to maybe try and do something to other people who've actually got a worse situation than you. And I think that's really incredible.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I agree, modest, it's quite humble.
Speaker 3: Why I think it's an amazing thing you've done. Now, your mom asked if you're the next big event? You've got? Your annual event is in a couple of weeks, time, isn't it? Yeah? What is it? It's on July sixth, that's it now. Mam asked if we had anything on the show to help you auction off, So tell me about what happens on the day. So on the day it's your event, you host it. Yeah, I don't doubt that there's no one better to host it. It's the Brady Show. What happens with the Brady Show? Are you shooting hoops or so.
Speaker 18: Basically there's a men's and a women's game and it's against it's Bringwood Hawks versus this year it's against the Jong Supercuts.
Speaker 3: Danny Good.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think they're going to compass quite frankly, what is.
Speaker 3: It about those teams out in Geelong? It's the same in Photo as well. They're just running away with it.
Speaker 10: Never had a year where the Ringwood Hawks have lost on the gate on the event night.
Speaker 19: So we're going to pay off the other team.
Speaker 3: That's why you're setting those bands right, smart kid? Okay, so how do you you have.
Speaker 18: An auction Yeah, so we auction aft so there's like you buy like a wristband or some raffle tickets and things like that, and basically you will do a raffle for the prizes that are there that year, and there's a lot of big prizes.
Speaker 19: Every year we've gotten bigger.
Speaker 3: So what have you got this year? So far?
Speaker 19: We have a pair of Matthew dolved Over signed shoes.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool. So you do you know him?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 19: Actually I've been to like I went to a his basketball camp.
Speaker 3: I bet he was impressed to meet you.
Speaker 10: Brady was the only kid in a wheelchair. It was trouble running a lot, disince it's so he does a bit of chair basketball. So this was a camp for all these kids. So there's all these kids standing there and then Brady just.
Speaker 4: Rolls in and it was for us.
Speaker 10: It was really good because a few years ago they would have told him to sit on the sidelines and that's where he would have remained. But they were like, just join in. So like there's photos and video and there's all these kids running around playing basketball, and then there's Brady rolling through, like stealing the ball off them and that's so that's then.
Speaker 19: At the end of that camp, I think I approached him and gave him rishburn just to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you become buddies. Yeah, that's amazing. So you've got a pair of his signed shoes. Yeah, awesome to auction off. Okay, well, we've had a look around the office and you know, it's a it's a radio station, so we get all kinds of stuff. So we do actually have some stuff for you. So we have it. We actually have not one, but two surprises for you. Would you like to find out what they are? Brady? Yes?
Speaker 19: Please?
Speaker 3: All right, stay there after this then we'll come back and find out what Brady's surprises are.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four points.
Speaker 3: So with me. In his studio is an eleven year old inspirational young man called Brady. Brady has been born with club feet and he's had like countless operations twelve operations, spent about sixty two weeks of his life in plaster. But does he feel sorry for himself? No, you don't. He raises money every single year at a basketball event he hosts out at Ringwood, raising money for children who also have the same condition as him but can't afford life saving operation. I've lined up a surprise for you, Brady. On the line now live from California is Matthew Dellavedover.
Speaker 15: Hello, how are you guys going?
Speaker 3: We're going really well. We've got a superstar in the studio with us. I believe you've met him. He's an amazing young man trying to help other people out. Is called Brady Brady. This is your hero. But a surprise for you, Hi, don't Brady? Yeah?
Speaker 16: How you going mate?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 19: How are you? Yeah?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 15: Training's going well?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: How are you feeling I heard you're in hospital the other day.
Speaker 19: Yeah I was, but I'm feeling good.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're feeling good now. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Now, Matthew, I know you dizzy at the moment. Thank you for freeing out some time. We thought you'd be the best person to tell young Brady a couple of things you've got. You're currently donating for his big auction he's got coming up.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I know you've got the big charity event on the sixth of July to raise funds for Miracle Feet. And I'd like to donate a pair of tickets the Boomers USA game at Marble Stadium on Thursday the twenty second, and then also one of my partners, Sporting and Being Partners to donate an official NBA game boll So hopefully that can raise some money for you and help support you and the great job you're doing.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much doing.
Speaker 3: Is that amazing? Yeah? I should go down all right, So listen, Jan he's got you those. He's also got you another surprise.
Speaker 6: But this is not another one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this isn't for you to off. This is just for you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this one's just for you. In you know, support of you and the great work you're doing and the great example and your positive attitude. So I spoke to the promoters at TG Live and to thank you for everything you're doing. I've got four tickets for you and your family to go to the Boomers USA game on the Saturday nights. So looking forward to having you there. It's going to be great.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: If you could see his face right now, it's like it's Christmas Day in the studio right now.
Speaker 2: Christmas and you.
Speaker 14: That's great.
Speaker 3: And listen why we've got you on so big game here in Melbourne Marvel Stadium against America. How do you think it's going to get on? Because you do a big upset, you got home advantage.
Speaker 19: Let's go Australia.
Speaker 15: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: If you beat them on the Saturday night a Marvel Stadium, that's because Brady's there, You're then going to have to take him as a lucky mascot to China.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever it takes to for sure, right, I mean, what can I say?
Speaker 19: I am pretty good? Good luck charm.
Speaker 15: I know, I know I still got your your wristband on, So hopefully brings me more.
Speaker 3: Good luck. That's Goodny. Listen, I know you're busy. We really appreciate you freeing up some time. But I know when you heard it was the Superstar and the studio. Brady, you were kind enough to do this. So Matt delivand over, thank you very much for talking to us. Thanks for all the great gifts as well. You're a legend.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 15: Now, Brady, keep up the good work.
Speaker 3: He's saluting you. He's saluting you right now from Melbourne. You can see from Melbourne, Richmond to California to you Deny. All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 15: All right, have a good day.
Speaker 6: You realized that he can't because it's radio.
Speaker 19: I didn't know what to say that that was the problem.
Speaker 3: So how much is that you've got all these great things to give away at the auction, hopefully raising great money to helt more kids. And then you also four tickets to go to the Boomers game.
Speaker 10: You can't believe it because he gets saying to me, can we go on? I'm like, the tickets are too expensive?
Speaker 3: Way, Well, it's in Brady. It's a joy to meet you, a real pleasure. I think you're an amazing young man. You're doing something really really special. Well done. I hope enjoyed the Boomers game. Good luck. Let's know how much money you raise as well on the big day. Thank you it it's our pleasure. Thank you very much for coming in. Brady, well on your staff the first time.
Speaker 1: And O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Do you know I only just realized yesterday. Eoffy is short for end or financial year. I thought every time I've heard that advert it was like a thing of rhyming with office works EFE, like some oldie thing that they were trying to go.
Speaker 4: It's a medieval word for office.
Speaker 3: Yes MENI evil based fountain pens with quills and I don't know now it's oh eof fee. When did that come to you? Is that a common thing?
Speaker 4: I reckon about three or four years old.
Speaker 6: Would you say, make a bit longer? I reckon, it's annoying where.
Speaker 4: They've short where they've shortened.
Speaker 3: To the I know you love that. I love to shorten the word or chuck it at the end, but is a new one. Would you say that? Someone say yeah, I saw a TV and you got it in the end of your financial Sir would you say it's a eofi? No, no, no, right, okay, if anyone is trying to pull that off, Okay, all right, today's that work time waster? Is healthy movies? Okay, I've got fat free Willie, that's good, Kombucha, Cassidy and the Sun Dance Kid. Honey, I shrunk my waistline. Mm hmmm, dude, where's my beta carrotine? Sorry, dude, where's my beta carrotine? Is beta carotene is vitamina?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I thought you said you were sitting on six gold bullets.
Speaker 3: Am. These are bag mag mag Fight Club soda with a dash of cranberry juice for taste. Oh my god, you've got ko that's good. Pilates of the Caribbean. Pilatees of the Caribbean, come on, and the yog hurt Locker, yogurt Locker, And when Harry met salad, come on, when haw He mets salad, it's got what's up with you?
Speaker 4: Let me show you how I.
Speaker 3: Just laid it down when Harry met salad. Honey, I shunk my waistline.
Speaker 4: Fat free, Willy, do that bit of cross anthelo?
Speaker 3: Fine, dude, where's my beta carotine?
Speaker 4: Chariots of fiber.
Speaker 3: That is good. That is good, That is good.
Speaker 4: Planet of the abs.
Speaker 3: Nice, Planet of the grapes would have been better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the whole nine hours. That's a sleep based one. Getting your whole.
Speaker 3: It if you could to explain it.
Speaker 4: It's not funny kale, Bill, I've showed up from Monty Python and a holy kale.
Speaker 6: That's better.
Speaker 4: Fight and men can't jump.
Speaker 3: Now you didn't give any leave to mind. I'm deliberately holding that laughter, no lulls coming from me today. All right, Send us yours and four seven five three one oh four three healthy movies. Re mark them in ten minutes time. Here on Gold one o four point three, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Jack and I joined in the studio now by two studious young students. They've been in work experience here at the radio station all week and Jack and Awa Chaplor earlier and they impressed me so much, such such smart young men, that I thought would give them a go it. Today's at work time, wister, Good morning, Willie, I'm billy. Sorry, I'm billy, who's Willy? Thank? I just did say the name of random the last Shi did?
Speaker 4: Alright, Bill and Will?
Speaker 3: So my little time ways.
Speaker 18: I've got a healthy beauty in the beast, which is beauty and the beetroot very good.
Speaker 4: That is a silver plus somewhere. And then I've got diet hard, very very good. That's a gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done. And also, well, don't it's just your first time on the radio. It is okay, it's not even remotely intimidated.
Speaker 4: Are you nervous at all?
Speaker 3: Just cool? I'm cool? Are you? Billy? I?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 3: Where's Billy gone? That I could double at Billy and Zilly? All right, David, who are you?
Speaker 8: And Will?
Speaker 3: Harry is?
Speaker 4: At last we'll jump into the micro.
Speaker 3: Well, what have you got for it? So it's healthy movies? So they are a time. So let's see what the younger generation, of course.
Speaker 4: So I got coconut water world good, that's smart silver. I got a Corner of the Dead.
Speaker 3: Oh, then that's a gold.
Speaker 4: That's a civil plus gold. Suicide squash, suicide squashes.
Speaker 11: Very good.
Speaker 4: Squash. As a kid, that was favorite vegetable.
Speaker 3: Always a weak horrible cordio, isn't it? Squash? Hey? Listen, boys, well done, thanks for doing that, all right? Let's see what the listener said this morning. Hey guys, Megan here you can buy tamagotchi from Kmarp. I favored of that earlier should that shouldn't be in there. We were talking about Edward Spinach hands, Silver, Crouching Tiger, hidden dragon fruit.
Speaker 4: I don't know what a dragon fruit is. Bronze.
Speaker 3: It's a classic Australian fruit. The dragon fruit?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: Do we get it here?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: You guys say dragon fruit?
Speaker 3: No, we don't know it?
Speaker 4: Vietnam, I think, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, you've got a lot to learn about. Ready. You don't ever correct the guy that sits here. Okay, all right, Pete diet Hard you probably stole it from the listeners, this one talking ten things I hate about cucumber. Silver. That's my kincherlong, dude, where's my carbs? That's the better one. Toby and Northcot, well done, plus I Granola, know what you did last summer? Granola? What you did last summer? Silver plus Herbie, no candy for old men? Silver Tofu Panda, Yeah, gold on Jackie Cloudy with a chance of medicine balls. That's good gold. Robin Milton and Uncle Buck Wheat, Gold Don't Count and Rover.
Speaker 1: Don't Everyone, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey you're doing about you, Jackie boy? Today it's like Christmas Eve, Patsy's birthday tomorrow. Patsy's one of these people that goes and going, I don't want to fuss because it's my birthday, but keeps dropping in the fact that it's a birthday tomorrow, going on about it. Please, no big surprise on my birthday. You've got the dates, by the way, I like PA, so we've got everything sort of.
Speaker 5: No, I don't want to big fuss, Seriously, I don't.
Speaker 3: It's a later counsel what we've got planned. I mean, they're flying in from Vegas.
Speaker 6: Those in Vegas, what.
Speaker 3: Do they do.
Speaker 6: They're in Australia Strip Group.
Speaker 4: They're like PG strippers. Yeah, they don't go them all the way, they don't go the full monthy, but they get their kids off.
Speaker 3: So a little bit of like just one of the boys or something, a little bit just a bit of them is poking out their pants or something, and they still think.
Speaker 5: So Jamie Jurry was a member of the original so they recycled.
Speaker 3: And how can you do a PG version of that? Act?
Speaker 6: Easy? Just don't show everything, yeah.
Speaker 3: Keep your nickers on right, Okay, all right? I think my wife's been doing that for the last twenty years of our marriage.
Speaker 4: Or she could do around the country doing battle badly you wantity?
Speaker 3: Can you tell she's not in the country right now? I can say stuff like that, she's an hemisphere More Brave.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Title of today's show is Carpenter Ghost. If you missed any of today's show, can catch up with the podcast on the iHeartRadio app. Of course you can stream this fine radio station tomorrow. It's about two things. Obviously, Patsy's birthday, stop.
Speaker 6: Going on about it enough anything about it?
Speaker 3: And the amazing match racey. Who do you think is going to win?
Speaker 4: I think the twins, I reckon the old man is strong. Well he's not the old man. Sorry, he's strong, but it's an endurance challenge.
Speaker 3: All right, we will see, Okay, we'll find out tomorrow morning. Have a great day. Thanks for listening. Hik is on the way. More chance you get on the phone. Contacts list for the Phone Frenzy this Friday
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three