Speaker 1: Laura, come on in. Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody welcome.
Speaker 3: Hello, Laura.
Speaker 4: I lost sleep yesterday over a discussion that we had about planes. You were like, who yeah, you know how yesterday we were talking about who gets the arm rest? It was like one of life's big questions, right when you're in a plane, who gets the arm rests?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Especially no, it's specifically if you're in the middle sea, surely those bad boys are yours, like you get them.
Speaker 1: It's musical chairs. Whoever's arms go there first, get it until you move it.
Speaker 5: Well, I realized this was the debate that stopped the nation. But here we are, it hasn't really stopped it.
Speaker 4: It was just me, I believe it or not, found like an airplane etiquette expert. That is what they dedicate their life to. And I've got the answer for you can't be well pay and can it? So I reckon it is because I think more people are having this conversation.
Speaker 3: Than we realize.
Speaker 2: What's the answer.
Speaker 4: So if you are if it's three seats, yep, and you're in the middle, the middle person gets both armorate.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Britt.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's this is why I finish, finish happen If.
Speaker 6: It's four seats.
Speaker 4: So if it's the row like the bigger row in the middle, the people on the aisle and the window just get the one on the outside and the two people both get the outside one and they have to fight over the.
Speaker 5: Middle one and they share the middle one. This makes perfect sense to me, don't You can't have a window and the arm rest. You can't have an aisle and the arm rest, like you're just being greedy.
Speaker 4: But then the question for the two people in the middle with the like nudging because they have to share the one, but they're both in the same predicament. I think that that is a bit of like a Once it's free, you have to quickly capitalize.
Speaker 3: On and get your arm on there.
Speaker 6: Thank god we got to the bottom of that.
Speaker 5: Hey, I mean, thank god this is about to wrap up because you have glazed over.
Speaker 2: I mean to it, but I think you put a nail in that. I fly only business, so I don't have that problem. No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I wish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna leave that there just to make you uncomfortable, stip, but no, you have flown business.
Speaker 1: I've seen the alright, I'm not miss Hockling, all right, Welcome to the show. Next, we've got to pick up, put down all the big news stories that everyone is talking about this week. Britt Laura, you need to decide whether or not we continue talking about these topics. And we're tackling a big one that everyone does, the cheeky snack mid grocery shop.
Speaker 2: Collate your thoughts. Can you have a grape?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know it's going to divide the country. We're going to tackle that.
Speaker 1: Next on the pickup, let's do this is to pick up, stakehold pick up. Yeah, I'm going to reveal to britt Laura a big topic everyone in the world are discussing. It's your choice to decide whether or not we carry on the conversation or we stop talking about it forever.
Speaker 6: Stamp it out. I'm the optimist. What do we got me?
Speaker 4: Pick up?
Speaker 2: Put down? Parking meters in Australia going cashless.
Speaker 1: Is a big swing at the moment. A lot of parking meters are going cashless. It's a national rollout. No more coins only card.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna say pick it up only because I have gone cash list. Actually, I've gone everything list for so long now. All I carry around is my phone, and it's so obnoxious that I don't even know where my credit cards are in my house anymore.
Speaker 6: I just have a phone.
Speaker 4: I personally don't use cash, but I don't think we should go cash less because it affects too many people.
Speaker 6: How many people.
Speaker 4: Rely on cash, especially like I mean for the little things like the one or two dollar coins going into I don't know, like where you wash your car.
Speaker 3: Or the parking meter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't affect me because I haven't seen cash in a long time, but I don't think we need to go cash lit.
Speaker 1: I agree, you know what, I think that the kids are the next generation are going to miss out on I did it the other night.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm bringing it up.
Speaker 1: I paid for my double cheeseburger at ten pm at night, coming home with cash, and I put, you know in the McDonald's window opens and you put your hand out, and the sixteen year old McDonald's worker put her hand out.
Speaker 6: We touched.
Speaker 1: It's no, we know it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not COVID. We touched.
Speaker 1: But the human connection I have with this young girl putting the coins in her hand was gorgeous.
Speaker 5: There is a there is a much more serious side of this though, I don't mean. There's been lots of conversations recently around domestic violence in the media and I think no, but it's very important. There is I think financial abuse and having situations where women aren't able to access money and cash not being around. There's a big and greater conversation there that probably doesn't need to have him pick up and put down.
Speaker 3: But I agree, let's not go completely cash less.
Speaker 2: Off the pack of my cheeseburgers. It's a good way topic, but I don't think at the time, all right, pick up, put down. Perfume for dogs.
Speaker 3: Pick it up.
Speaker 4: I love to spray my dog Delilah with like her doggy perfume.
Speaker 6: Okay, I mean, let's not talk about the heart eating things.
Speaker 1: What do you got for Italian fashion house dog Cha and Gobana have launched a dog perfume named Fefe. It's one hundred and sixty six Australian dollars and it smells like sandal wood with creamy undertones of must It.
Speaker 4: Should be cooled down dog Cha and Gabana, this is okay, it's the stupid thing.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: Dog Chair and Gabana's funny. Thanks, So yeah, I'm glad you over these moments.
Speaker 2: Dog Chay and Gobarka.
Speaker 3: After one up me, don't you?
Speaker 6: Is your horse bigger? What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Is your horse bigger?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna put it down. I think this is where we should draw the line.
Speaker 5: One hundred and sixty six dollars for some dog spray seems really excessive, and in this economy, I'm not for it.
Speaker 4: I'm picking up the perfume for dogs, but I'm putting down the dog chain Gebarkner because that's too expensive.
Speaker 3: Just get like a freshener from down their own.
Speaker 1: Or you don't want to talk about the animal welfare consequences of this, anything you want to.
Speaker 6: Add, Laura, wait, somebody think of the animal stop.
Speaker 2: Last one, pick up, put down?
Speaker 1: Snacking on food while you're still shopping in the grocery store.
Speaker 6: What I know what Laura is gonna do.
Speaker 5: I'm going to pick this up, but I also have strong feelings about it. I'll let you go first, Mitch.
Speaker 1: The story is in the UK it is technically illegal to shop eat tonight them before you pay for it, even if you do pay for it.
Speaker 5: At the end, I think this is ridiculous. Firstly, everyone loves a little grape. You know, you take a little grape, go test the grapes. No one wants to buy a whole bunch without just having a little.
Speaker 3: Chest to test the entire where's the limit?
Speaker 6: Can you just test an apple? You know, test a banana?
Speaker 5: I do like it At Woolies, how for kids especially, they've got this little section where you can take one piece of fruit. But what we always do is like if we're walking around and I'm buying yogurts or whatever, I'll let the girls eat one, but then I'll take the empty packet and I'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: I growing up, I remember this, four of us kids, and we would get a cabanossi stick like so with.
Speaker 2: The deli you would tie that first.
Speaker 4: Mum would go to the deli and get the sticker out, so like you say, I'll have a kilo. Then they put the price on it. Yeah, so then she would unravel it and we just had a huge.
Speaker 2: Stick of meat.
Speaker 3: We should just walk around a stick of meat.
Speaker 2: You know what for shel Churry used to do.
Speaker 1: She used to get a barbecue truck, but we'd eat the skin as the treat while we would shop, and she'd just peel the skin off, and we'd sit there walking around calls with the skin dripping in.
Speaker 6: That was a bit messy.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys got great story reactions. And here I am the fool that eats the chickens skins.
Speaker 2: Screw you all.
Speaker 4: Hey, two words you never thought you'd hear in the same sentence, Rihanna and soccer. We're going to talk about a disastrous moment that she had after the break.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the next on the pickup.
Speaker 3: So Mitch and Laura.
Speaker 4: I feel like there are certain people in life that like can only have one name and you know who they are and see a photo of them, like you know, Minna Madonnay Beyond. I was going to say, for example, Mitch, you couldn't use your name. You couldn't just say Mitch, you're not there yet, thank you.
Speaker 2: We've got the clarity. Anyone else in the car thought she was angling down to Mitch.
Speaker 4: Cherry round Brittany, but you'd be like Britney Spears, Like there are people that can just have a name, and one of them is global superstar Rihanna, absolutely huge.
Speaker 3: So recently, the funniest thing went down online.
Speaker 4: She was at a Manchester City football game like a soccer game, and one of the football players there, Jack Graylish's huge the best.
Speaker 3: You guys wouldn't know that, but it is, so.
Speaker 2: She's I actually love.
Speaker 6: It because I it's my favorite.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, if you don't following soccer, you're not gonna know who The problem is.
Speaker 3: I don't know who anyone is. Yes, do you know Rihanna?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: So she's she's a set of back got and pick.
Speaker 6: Her in a light up.
Speaker 4: Rihanna's with some of the biggest players and she's just hanging out with them. And then this kid comes up and asks for a photo, and Rihanna for a second, I'm assuming thinks that's probably her, but he hands Rouanda the phone. He's got no idea who Rihanna is, and he asks Rihanna to take a photo of him with the football players, and of.
Speaker 6: Course she does so cute.
Speaker 4: But then the internet's gone wild, being like half of them is like, how didn't you know that that was Rihanna? The other half is blaming Rihanna, being like, you know what fair? She hasn't released an album in ten years, she's been out of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she has hasn't she she's kind of been out of the like I guess in the scene a little bit. But this kid's like ten years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're young, you don't know because she's she became a mum and then opened businesses and she didn't drop music anymore.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I can relate to this because I feel like, out of the three of us, I'm the one that never knows who anyone is.
Speaker 6: You say a name, I don't know who you're talking about. This happened to me. It must have been I reckon.
Speaker 5: It was probably around twenty fifteen, like it was a long time ago now, but I was in my shop at the time, and I was working in my store and this woman came in and she was buying something and from yeah, Tony Mae jewelry store. So she came in, she was buying something and she was from America. She had a really thick accent, and she was like, do you know what, Just wait, I'm gonna get my husband. And her husband came in and I was just making chit chat to this lovely couple and I was like, Oh, what are you here for? And he was like, oh, I'm here, I'm playing, I'm performing.
Speaker 6: And I was like, what do you play? And he was like, I play the guitar and I was like, good for you.
Speaker 3: It was sting or something.
Speaker 5: Well, no, this went on for a little while and he goes, he goes. I said, oh, like who do you?
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 6: What are you playing?
Speaker 5: And he goes, oh have you have you ever heard of the band Motley Crue? And I instantly assumed when he said Motley Crue, I was like, oh, like a cover's ban And I was like, God, it must be really hard to It must be really hard to make money as a musician, you know, like that's it's really challenging. His wife kind of laughed a little bit, and then this went on for a while. Anyway, brought some jewelry off they went, and at that same time, about fifteen people came running out to me and they're like, oh my god, do you know who that was?
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, is here doing a cover?
Speaker 5: Spand for Maulty Crue it was Alice Cooper, you know, you know make them.
Speaker 6: You don't know who Alice Cooper is.
Speaker 4: I I, Laura would not know who that was if he was standing now I know who it is now, but if he was in my.
Speaker 5: Store, I would not know it was Alice Cooper, the wife Alice Cooper. Okay, do you remember like scary movie where they're like, who the f is?
Speaker 6: Alice? He's like the biggest, like shock rock star.
Speaker 5: He's like, has a career that spans sixty years.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe you don't know who he.
Speaker 3: Is because he usually wears makeup as well.
Speaker 6: This is true. He does normally wear makerp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he walked in now, I'm like, you're familiar, but I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: All right, we're taking your calls. Next, what celeb did you run into that you didn't recognize? Next?
Speaker 1: On the pickup if you're just tuning in, Laura told us a story about how she had a who she thinks is an aless celebrity in her store, her jewelry store, Tony.
Speaker 5: May, and he was a pretty big celebrity, Alice Cooper. I feel like everyone from the old Degeneration who's listening now is gonna be like, yeah, Alice Cooper.
Speaker 2: Was a woman. Laura's like, she was like, is that the wife?
Speaker 1: Laura said the wife was there and it was Alice Cooper. I'm like, Alice and Cooper, what are you talking about.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe you'll know this one. This has happened to me a surprising amount of times. I was walking down a main street and I saw a woman walking towards me. He looked really familiar, and I was like, I'm pretty sure I went to school with her.
Speaker 2: He was the Budget version.
Speaker 6: And I was like, hey, babe, are you going? Nice to see you? And she looked at me like who the hell are you? And it was Natalie and Brulia.
Speaker 2: Oh I know.
Speaker 5: And I was like, thank god, Mitch, you finally know. Okay, I'm sorry that it's not like Jojo Siwa or someone.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 3: What an awkward situation? Were you torn with what to do next?
Speaker 1: Hilarious?
Speaker 6: But I was all out of faith. Then this is how I feel done.
Speaker 2: We're getting some.
Speaker 1: Calls through Jessica is called hell, Jessica, did you run into a celebrity and not know who they were?
Speaker 7: I was at Byron Bay and I was playing you know, fotball, we like throw the tennis ball with that bell crow.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and yeah it's the funnest game of our child.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so good. Yeah. I was playing with my best friend and we're laughing and having fun. We're on the beach and this like random guy comes up to us and starts chatting with us, and he's like, hey, girls, like cool game and everything, and we're like yeah, it's like we're running our own business. And he kept walking and these younger girls came up like drooling at the mouth, and we were like hi, and they were like, do you know who you were just speaking to? And we were like no, and they were like, oh, that was Matt Damon.
Speaker 3: I would have been like, mad, heads up, let's play gripball.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know ran away.
Speaker 1: It's not asking him to play grip you would.
Speaker 6: Sorry. I thought that maybe that was from a movie. Then he was in Please never say that.
Speaker 2: I m want to build a zoo.
Speaker 6: Mad Damon Space.
Speaker 2: Departed apartment.
Speaker 1: Last called Claire, Hey, honey, what happened to you when you run into a celebrity that you didn't realize was a star?
Speaker 6: By Claire Hi.
Speaker 8: It was several years ago now, back when I was a little bit more irresponsible. But I was drunk as a skunk and I ran into Shannon Nole and I was convinced that it wasn't him, and I had tried to convince him that he wasn't it either?
Speaker 2: Do you believe him?
Speaker 4: Was? He like?
Speaker 3: No, I know who I am?
Speaker 8: Yeah, very much, so close.
Speaker 4: I okay, tell me you know who Shannonoley is? Don't say you know who Alice Cooper is? Are and you don't know who Shannon.
Speaker 5: Nolan is Australian? Yeah, idle, Idle, I'm on the same page. Right, he's the guy who came second to guy Sebastian.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: And he's saying, Okay, I know.
Speaker 2: It is bad.
Speaker 1: See Laura, that's how you tell a good story with a punchline that isn't Alice Cooper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm so sorry, Mitch. Okay, I was telling a story. He'd who Alice Cooper is? You would have thought it was a good story.
Speaker 2: You tell a story. I ran into buzz Holder and everyone's like, who that's a kitch?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I can't. Maybe we just have different people that. To be honest, I'm not into Alice Cooper. I don't know anything about him, but I know him.
Speaker 2: Alice who Shannon knows?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Poor Shannon. What's he doing with himself these days?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Hopefully not hearing.
Speaker 1: That pubs running around talking to people. We're Dade, Will and Wood.
Speaker 2: You're up next. We will see you all tomorrow.