Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: It is twenty twenty three and what I am predicting will be in is more complex conversations about dating. But you know what, I want to see some trial and error in the arena. I feel like too many people who aren't actively dating chatting about dating. You're clogging up digital landscape with your opinions based on a fantasy. You're taking your dating series from twenty fifteen and bring it into the conversation.
Speaker 3: And we don't need that.
Speaker 1: If you haven't been on.
Speaker 2: A date in the last three months, I need you to opt out of the conversation respectfully.
Speaker 3: It's a ticketed event.
Speaker 1: There's a list, and you're not on it. You're not on it. Please.
Speaker 2: LIU is confusing the approach when we're talking dating trends and trends cycles.
Speaker 1: I need to know that you've actually been on a date, not just theorizing from outsidele up, you don't know.
Speaker 3: What it sounds like in here.
Speaker 1: You go away.
Speaker 2: I've had enough, But yeah, enjoy Flex and Frims, Flex and Freme never miss a beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah are you no? Yeah, I'm like a bit off of myself. When was the last time you ran on like November. Yeah, I just want to get.
Speaker 3: Near it in person.
Speaker 1: I love getting near it in person. It's a different vibe.
Speaker 2: You know, we're taking vibe out of the vocabulary. Let's say what we mean meeting people in person? Getting near it in person requires a certain level of mutual commitment. You can feel if the energy is mutual. You can feel if the intention is mutual, and you are as committed to the bit, as committed to the person as you are to the time, like everything has to happened in that time, not at all, And something about line just feels so like timeless in a bad way. Sands time like doesn't matter if I talk to you today or tomorrow the next day, because time doesn't exist in.
Speaker 1: This digital hellhole. Get off it.
Speaker 2: We're all getting near it in person. But I will say, do you like to keep a breast of dating app updates?
Speaker 1: Not that they ever.
Speaker 2: Launch in Australia, but you just never know what might happen. There's this new one that dropped called Tame Tame like impalor without the implor. It's a good name. Obsessed Tame.
Speaker 1: Are you on Tame? Are you on Tindo? You on hinge? It fits I'd prefer to be two syllables, but it's not a hearing one of them. Okay.
Speaker 2: Their unique selling factor is that you can only talk to one person at a time, and that neither of you will be able to browse other profiles during your conversation, So you actually have to give the person you're speaking to the benefit of the doubt of full chance and truly see that interaction through the whole way before you're allowed to even consider talking to somebody else.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, is it in Australia?
Speaker 1: I don't know, waves. I doubt it. I doubt it off the dome? Are you down?
Speaker 3: Like? Yeah, I try that for sure.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I love a novelty dating app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just needs the users though, I don't want to see a familiar face, not even familiar. But you know, when you like log back on the app after you've had your thirty five situationships, why are you still there, Richard?
Speaker 1: Have you never logged off? Anyway?
Speaker 2: You also can't swipe on Tame. Instead, they've got this like customized questionnaire thing where people answer questions and based on their answer, you can select them to talk to, So you're kind of choosing someone based on like any old app, based on what they say, not what they look like. The app only shows people who are actively using it as well. Cool, so if you haven't used your profile in the last seven days, then it's over. I love this, So yeah, you can only see people who are actively using the app. And I did hear on TikTok and I didn't fact check it that bumble and Tinder will only show you profiles to people who've been on in the last thirty days. So if you see someone that you're like, I'm pretty sure they have a boyfriend, or.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they have a girlfriend, or I'm.
Speaker 2: Pretty sure yeah, well, they've had to have used the app in the last month to have their profile come up, so we might have to get a represent representative to like let us know if that's legit, but surely it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't like how that's setting up.
Speaker 2: I know because did I tell you I saw this guy I was friends with in high school, the boy group, not at the same school. I saw his profile come up and I was like, oh, TBT, but I don't do that thing where you match your friends for ha haas it's just.
Speaker 1: A bit don't do that anymore. But I was like, this is so interesting.
Speaker 2: Let me go on talking on Facebook to see, like what's poppin'. When in his Facebook, the most recent post from yesterday engage and posts babe, and his most recent photo on the dating app was from the holiday. He just went on with his fields.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not looking good, brother.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty three is the year of minding one's business. I'm just not a vigilante like that.
Speaker 1: I just it's not my business. I saw what I saw. I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Also, you can't ghost on this app, so they say, if you're no longer interested in talking to someone, you have to leave the conversation to gain access to new profiles, and you have to fill in this questionnaire that gives the person you're speaking to the reason why you don't want to speak to them anymore.
Speaker 1: How do I say? How do I say? So?
Speaker 2: I understand that this app is encouraging a level of intentionality that is necessary in dating, but my worry is that it's so extremely on the other end of the spectrum to what people are doing now that it's almost too much of a culture shock that people will be like performing intentionality for gags like I'm gonn this is so call I got to talk to one person when talking and then not realizing like what they're actually on the app to do.
Speaker 1: I think that's the issue with most apps. Actually, people get stuck.
Speaker 2: Into like the performance of using the app, like oh I gotta I gotta change my pictures.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think swindling could still occur on this app. If I was someone who wanted to swindle people, I'll be like, oh, I don't use this that much because you know class see them again, say let's add me on snap Classic. So that's what's gonna happen. But I would definitely go on it. Come to Australia, sweetie, Yeah, and I would join.
Speaker 1: We just need in Okay, sorry, another burth is coming here.
Speaker 3: Do they need influencer dating apps? Don't look at me like that you thought you have a dating an influencer. No, been on a date with an influencer?
Speaker 2: No? I feel like I date we did like musicians, Yeah Classic, so like influencer by proxy. We need more in person events. First of all, Sydney in particular, and I'm thinking about you are the states I am. I don't know your history, so let's talk Sydney. We need more venues.
Speaker 3: Number one, it's not every day a club, nighttime venues.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: The Abercrombie opened up, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah I heard about this, but now I'm hearing everything's ticketed.
Speaker 1: I just want to pop up somewhere, pop up somewhere light.
Speaker 3: Talking about Abercromby because my friend was like, let's say on Saturday, the one with a twenty four hour license.
Speaker 1: Yes, so sick.
Speaker 2: But like, if everything's ticketed, that means like I just want the kind of the grazing location with people just like pop and pop out the freeders, the home street radios. Yes, pop in and pop about that where people just congregate. That's what I'm looking for, because that's the energy you need to.
Speaker 1: Get near it. Iral.
Speaker 2: We're not getting neared at ticketed events because I'm there to work, and by work I.
Speaker 1: Mean enjoy someone to get my money's worth. Okay. We also need to bring back loitering. Yes, outside of the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, go loiterer at the local pub, Go loiter at the local park, go loiter at the local give me something super market.
Speaker 3: It's like throwing you a little sim Yeah, chake the sim around the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: But also just get people that need to get used to you like grazing near them.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You graze outside the local bakery A couple a couple of days were cruising.
Speaker 3: You're a regular cruising doll. Well, this is exciting, excited for the Abercrombie. I am going to check it out maybe this weekend. Yeah, give us the review you're gonna go. I think it's a drinker's venue. Twenty four hour moment.
Speaker 4: Keeter Flex and Froomes Flex and Firms.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've heard, but we are actually taking over the island. It's a venue in the middle of Sydney Harbor. We're taking it over on February third.
Speaker 1: The price has gone up everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in conjunction with Specs Savers. It's called Always Sonny. Pray for good weather please for all of us. Anyway you can enter to come and we are about to call a woman called Amanda last name not hugging kiss for the Simpsons fans in the audience, and we're gonna let her know that she has won VIP tickets.
Speaker 1: Hit it dj.
Speaker 2: Ah. That's what I love to hear. A millennial who knows how to pick up the phone properly. It's hello Amanda speaking, not hey, Hi, Amanda. Guess who it is?
Speaker 4: Did we ever wonder how to pick up the sorry?
Speaker 2: Look, we've spoken to a few eighteen year old and it's been green. It's been a raw hey, a raw hello. And I'm not here to son daughter school anyone. But it gets to a point where we have to be educating the generations that come before after us.
Speaker 1: Yes, future generation, Amanda.
Speaker 4: Maga series, serious question.
Speaker 1: Do you know who it is?
Speaker 4: I a it is more fanfare on your healf, but I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Amanda was so excited because we know that you applied to come on to are Island, not Love Island, not Friends on Island, but the island in Sydney Harbor, and you're coming with VIP.
Speaker 4: Tickets water time.
Speaker 1: And this is what I like, a very.
Speaker 3: Tempid response, but that of course includes sunset sessions with drinks. Listen, Amanda, this is so exciting. Could you please tell us what has been your favorite show? Myment Inflicts and Friends. Please hear me.
Speaker 2: That is a big wine, babes. I wouldn't even know how to answer that one.
Speaker 4: I mean obviously everything, but I think I'm a big fan of it. My other ass fan.
Speaker 2: Now a little a little Bertie told me Bertie's Brook, a producer, that you are doing some solo travel or you want to?
Speaker 4: So I actually it was kind of I've traveled for it before. But I actually bought a ticket to a music festival which was purely intending, purely intending to go solo. And I was like hyping myself up, like yeah, I could do this. I've traveled the world like solo, Like I could do this, And I actually backtracked and I'm like, I'm making my sister come well, I think I just I don't know. I was like, is this something that people do, Like, is are there things that are not solo dates? Or is it just purely personal standards? Like I'm happy to eat by myself, so I'm happy to go to the movies by myself. But like a music festival, I think I just like like the line definitely yeah. I was like no, no, no, no, I don't know if I could do this.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what's the music festival?
Speaker 4: GM? And it's like a reggae festival down a Woollongong.
Speaker 1: True, this is do you know what I would.
Speaker 2: I think it's easier to travel alone than to go to a music festival alone because music castle is a lot of downtime. It's a lot of idle walking to stage to stage to stage, standard age. But I'm glad you've recruited your sister power in numbers. You never know when you might need that.
Speaker 4: Exactly. And originally it was going to be I mean, they had at potus it then you. Originally it was going to be in Sydney, so I was like, I'll just drive, you know, stand at the back situation.
Speaker 1: But then they.
Speaker 4: Announced it was down a Wollongong, which requires to travel, and then I like that's when I like, I was like, oh no, there's an added layer of you know, travel accommodation, not knowing the city here, And I was like, no, no, no, I'm not that brave.
Speaker 2: You've done the right thing, babe. Listen, We've got to go unfortunately, but we will see you in T minus a couple of days, give or take. We will continue this conversation. Then we have plenty to share and need to put a face to a name. So see you when we see you.
Speaker 4: See you when I see you. Thanks for the core girl, Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Bye, got another beautiful person coming to our show.
Speaker 1: Love Phone Etiquette.
Speaker 2: I think I don't want to say it, but I would love to bring etiquette back. I don't know, just like a twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Three version me as I shovel chocolate in my mouth, this doesn't count.
Speaker 2: We need to like reimagine what etiquette is in twenty twenty three. Tro Troe Troe, all right, we listened to Flex and Rooms, Flex and.
Speaker 1: Rooms, they're the best. Twenty twenty three is the year of many things, the.
Speaker 3: Traveling Sugar Free Sunk and kinder Bueno bars into my gob as we.
Speaker 1: Record exactly that, and also the year of the breakup anthem, not the breakup because as you know, Flex and Frooms will be with child by twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Are you on the pipeline as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm joining. So we have to start selling some wild oats roots. I don't know, I don't know. Boys.
Speaker 2: Miley Cyrus just dropped a new breakup anthem. Also there's one by Shakira. I'm an advocate for more songs on Australian radio stations that aren't in English, all in favor of say See See see.
Speaker 1: Me or migos.
Speaker 3: I watched that the other day on YouTube, the Shakira one.
Speaker 1: The raw emotion literally in it new level. It's so hectic.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing a lot of discourse, and you know, I used to be a big perpetrator of online discourse and then I dropped off because it just takes way too much emotional and mental energy and I'm too sensitive. Could be a facilitator, Yeah, I want to. I might ring aback who knows, who knows, who knows it? But I was thinking about break up anthems as a whole and how the internet is divided. One half of saying this is really empowering that these women are able to number one, be the own almost like, don't hold the pen to their own narratives right, and tell the story in the way that they want to and profit off it. Yes, girl bosses, get your coins, nine figure babes all twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: But then the other half is like, this.
Speaker 2: Is embarrassing because not only have you gone through something really debilitating, you're letting everybody see how poorly you've been treated and creating this environment where it's like, well, these women of fame, class or whatever are also getting treated poorly. Who said that babes, TikTok is a wild place? A wild place. But I also think people just say stuff like for every primary conversation, there is a counter conversation. Now show Yeah, so we are the problem. Welcome to the community, babes.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon? Though?
Speaker 2: Yay?
Speaker 1: Your name breakup anthems, big yay.
Speaker 3: I haven't even been to a break up in a long time. And the Miley one's hitting different right, everyone's like, I wonder if people go out and buy flowers, like flower makers are just shaking their boots with excitement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should get on it quick before the trend dies. I do think though, I'm sick of sadness in music. I love sad songs. I love heartbreak songs. I just think we just need to like switch it up a little bit. Can I get like six back to back songs that are happy?
Speaker 3: Case in the Sunshine Band, the Beg's do you.
Speaker 2: Have any hip hop ones that you'd like to share? Happy by Pharrell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just let's pick it up. Everyone, Let's pick it up.
Speaker 2: Let's get the energy going, happy, love, good, positive. See how it fits and if it doesn't work out for people. We can go back to what we're doing now.
Speaker 3: Facts Okay, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune in Kate Out on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.