Speaker 1: Laura, come on, hello everybody, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Hi girls, Hi, Okay, Laura, you might be able to set all this debate for me straight up because you're the only one in the room that has been in this situation. But my sister Sherry is having a baby, her first baby, and her and her husband Jaye been fighting over with you find out the sex? And then I have been having this conversation now with my partner ban On, like would we find out the sex? And it's both the same argument, right, Like I said, I don't want to find out the sex of a baby.
Speaker 3: When it happens.
Speaker 2: My sister Sherry, who is six and a half seven months pregnant, she does not want to know, and they're in this big debate because he really wants to know. The husband and he's like, it's my baby too, I deserve to know.
Speaker 4: I think, did you find out?
Speaker 5: No, I was a surprise for both of our kids. Both kids were a surprise. Matt wanted to know both times. And I am very strongly of the fact that if it's inside my body and I don't want to know, then no one gets which maybe not everyone goes by those rules, but I'm like.
Speaker 3: You carry it.
Speaker 2: Then, well, that's the question because I went into fight for my sister Sherry with her husband, which has got nothing to do with.
Speaker 5: Me, but here inserted myself and the arguments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I said, you know what if the woman's carrying a child for nine months and then she's the one breastfeeding and she's the one that has to come out of the the JJ, surely that Trump's say anything else?
Speaker 3: Nobody what if a guy? What if a guy it's fifty baby too.
Speaker 5: You know, has two pumps in your hout the word it's also very much needed to make that situation happen. Well, yes, but he is not doing any of the creating, all the cooking. So I think that if as the person carrying it, if you want the surprise and that's like part of your birth plan, then you get to have that little surprise. You can all just wait, Laura, did you get a push price? No, he just proposed me so like he kind of like the push present was the engagement ring. But I was like, well, are you just trying to get a toofer here? But yeah, that was my that was my push President.
Speaker 3: That the best push present one could get.
Speaker 5: Everyone's don't care because I should have gotten it just before I got pregnant or afterwards, and they would have push and the push present.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad.
Speaker 6: I'm gay.
Speaker 2: Ay.
Speaker 1: Next on the show, we're talking about when you make a really bad situation that's already terrible way worse, like when you don't think something can get worse, and that it just goes and happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because one guy did the ultimate Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, if you will talk about it. Next, Welcome to the Pickup.
Speaker 2: Today, we're talking how did you make a bad situation worse? We're having a giggle about it about this man over in California who wild scenes. But if you have, if you have ever been in a situation that was not going so well and you've tried to fix it, you've made it a hundred times worse.
Speaker 4: Call up the Pickup. We want to hear about it.
Speaker 2: It can't be as bad as this man in California. So he was house sitting in his parents' house and full disclosure, grown adult, fully grown man, not a child's important.
Speaker 4: It is important.
Speaker 2: There were spiders in his parents double story house, like black widow spiders, and he doesn't like spiders. It turns out so he thought, Okay, how am I going to get rid of these spiders?
Speaker 3: The red backs, by the way, like black widows what American call red backs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not good spiders. You don't want them in your hair. So he was like, how am I going to get these spiders out? So he didn't get a bug spray, he didn't hit them with his shoe, he didn't get a swatter, he didn't crush them with whatever toilet paper. He got blow torches like flames, like fire up, real fire flames.
Speaker 5: I mean, the fact that he didn't see at all that this was going to go badly really just pertains to have a photo.
Speaker 4: This man is so stupid.
Speaker 1: It was a blow torch, like you know, one master chef, when it's a hand held blow torch.
Speaker 5: How you brown up the top of a krembler exactly perfect.
Speaker 4: He thought he could like spot blow like this.
Speaker 1: No, I get that, because it's such a direct flame. I would think that a work.
Speaker 2: So what happened was he was blowing all these spiders, were watching all these spiders, and the flames he didn't realize, were going into the cracks of the wall and the roof as he was blowing up little little flames. The flames went onto the inside of the walls, traveled multiple stories to the attic, and the whole house burned down.
Speaker 4: What an absolute idiot.
Speaker 2: He burnt down the house because he was trying to kill a spider sitting Okay, so it was in his house. So he burnt down his parents' house trying to kill a spider.
Speaker 4: Thanks for helping, Jimmy. It took twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine firemen to put it out, Like, they came immediately, and he had to fess up.
Speaker 4: He had to be like.
Speaker 2: They were like, what happens, you know, because of insurance and stuff, and he's like, well, there are spiders.
Speaker 5: The part of this, though, that is like truly horrifying, is that he wouldn't have realized straight away that the house was on fire, like the fact that it had kind of gone through the wall and it was burning on the inside of the wall.
Speaker 4: The idiot was still doing it.
Speaker 5: He was still killing them for spiders, Like this is the perfect technique.
Speaker 3: I actually think this is the excuse. This doesn't sound real.
Speaker 1: I almost think he was having some sort of sex party. Yeah, or he did, Yeah, she did something more stupid. Oh, it's tax fraud. He's like, oh, I was trying to burn down from spiders, Like.
Speaker 2: Come on, you don't get the claim insurance on that you admitted to putting an open flame into your timber walls.
Speaker 4: Like insurance aren't being like, oh, okay, we'll pay you out. I think they get nothing.
Speaker 5: I think he literally just burnt down the family home and they will get nothing from this. But I think, I mean, this is a very very extreme version, but I feel like most people have done something goodwilled, like thinking that they're helping, and then absolutely backfired. And for me, it was something pretty recent. I've got a girlfriend. She's like, not pretty recently divorced, she's got one little girl, and her car had I was like in the shop for getting repaired, and I was like, babe, don't worry, you're doing it tough. Take my car. You take my car, you bore it for as long as you need it. Nice And I gave her my car to take. I get a call from her two days later and she was like, hey, honey, I'm not sure if you're with NRMA or not. My car had broken down on the in the middle of a freeway when she was driving and taking her child somewhere and it was her and her kid just stopped in the car in the middle of the freeway with my absolute poware of like a car that's actually bad? You just broke down on the freeway recently in my car as a lemon.
Speaker 4: It is the same way.
Speaker 3: Did you offer that car?
Speaker 4: H because I didn't know.
Speaker 5: That was the first time and it ever broken down and now now I need to get rid of it. But anyone want to borrow a car, I've got one that you know.
Speaker 1: God, have you ever made a bad situation worse? Give us a call here at the pick up. We'll take your calls next. If you're just tuning in, we're talking about making terrible situations even worse. There's a guy who tried to kill a spider in his parents house. They weren't home, and he went, you know what I'm going to go. I'm gonna go to the kitchen. I'm going to get a little croke and bush blow torch, and I'm going to kill these spiders one by one. What he didn't realize was he was actually blow torching the wooden beams of the house. He said, the house on fire, burnt.
Speaker 3: To the ground.
Speaker 4: His parents' house too.
Speaker 5: He's also an idiot, Like, I'm sorry, but he's an absolute idiot. Go get a fly, squatter, or a shoe, or literally anything else what person's and brain goes, I'm going to kill that fly.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get a buttating torch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, an idiot. Well, we want to know.
Speaker 1: Call us if you've made a terrible situation even worse. I this only came to me in the songs when I was a kid. I've told the story on the show before. I was a real menace. I don't know. I was the middle child two sisters. Maybe I just had that boy cheeky energy about.
Speaker 4: Okay, it doesn't know. I feel the opposite.
Speaker 5: I feel like I can imagine that on drama school boy, but just cheeky.
Speaker 1: I was so my mom and my sisters were doing My mum made Betty Crocker like ready to bake muffins. They were cooling on the kitchen island bench. My little sisters were making the stick on nails that you get from a chemists ware house. You put the glue on your finger, put the acrylic nail down. I when they left the room, got the glue and poured it over the muffins that were cooling and like squeeze the tube in it, like squished it. Mum ate it ten minutes later and the glue like dried to the inside of a esophagus.
Speaker 4: Me does not know.
Speaker 2: This isn't how to make a bad situation worse. What you've done is like, this is like how to culle your parents.
Speaker 4: That batarship that doesn't even relate.
Speaker 3: I regretted. I was a kid. I don't remember doing what were you twenty three?
Speaker 4: It doesn't even fit the story.
Speaker 3: Six. No, Then we went to the hospital of the emergency room.
Speaker 1: Mom had to get the skin removed, and then we went back a week later to talk see how the skin was healing. And they went, Michelle, now, what are you eating? Like you're eating soft foods, as we said, she's like syper glue for my son. Yeah, And I said, no, all she eats is McDonald's. Doctor like she's addicted to McDonald's, and like doubled down and got Mum in trouble because she was on a liquid's only diere. But she's eating McDonald's eating McDonald's, So I made that terrible situation.
Speaker 5: Your mom is so nice to you considering that she's just saying she's yearlive.
Speaker 4: Michelle's amazing.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I did? I thought I was saving the day. Once it was a couple of Christmases ago, we do a Chris Kringer with all my family and like my relos and cousins and stuff.
Speaker 4: We all have to buy for one person.
Speaker 2: And we're driving a couple of hours away to where this party is and my sister says, oh my god, I forgot my present for my person. Do you have anything you can bring? Because I was just about to leave, and I was like, don't worry, I've got this. So I went to my cupboard and had some old stuff that I had actually just been sent over the years from like different brands.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they do that and they turn up to radio or the house.
Speaker 2: So I grabbed something of the Brittany didn't want for herself. It was makeup, right, and I was like, every woman likes makeup. I knew her Chris Kringer was makeup. I was a girl gift.
Speaker 4: I quickly it was a regift, but everyone loves makeup.
Speaker 2: So I wrapped it up David to her and in front of the whole family, and I said to sheriff save the day.
Speaker 4: She opens us up and I didn't know, but.
Speaker 2: The brander had sent it, had engraved my name into the makeup. So I gave my cousin Tiana something that said.
Speaker 1: So funny. Okay, Kelly's called through. Hey Kelly, when did you make a bad situation worse?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. So I was having a shower and I got out and you know, hair's wet and not looking, you know, immaculate, And I started the hair dryer and short circuited the house. This is great, This is absolutely great. So I had to walk out of the house and to go to the powerboard and turn it on, and you know, all the elderly you know, neighbors neighborhood watch, you know, we're looking at the sagginess of what is gravity?
Speaker 4: You know, so you're just in a towel.
Speaker 6: It was like, Hi, Janelle, I'm totally embarrassed. And then yeah, went back inside and.
Speaker 4: Did it work again?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Were you back to normal?
Speaker 7: Yere to sit here?
Speaker 6: It wasn't normal you have to be at that time.
Speaker 4: Don't think you made a bad situation. Wow, people saw you like half noon. You made their day better.
Speaker 3: What about have you done this, Emily made a bad situation worse.
Speaker 8: Yes, So as a as a woman, everyone has a little bit of a mustache bobby upper lip, and to get rid of it, went to bullies, got one of those little wax strips and whacked it off. Didn't quite work so well, so my genius Britin decided to do it again, except this time I didn't like the hair off. I wax. He's still off of my upper lips.
Speaker 4: You ripped your upper lip off?
Speaker 3: Was it not a wax tip in the end or street just too.
Speaker 4: Strong to hot?
Speaker 8: It was a wax strip. So every time the temperature has a drastic chains, I've got a nice little red wine on both.
Speaker 4: Oh no, now you've got a scar. You've got a scar that raise the mustache. That's the morals.
Speaker 5: Just shave it, just like get one of those derma playing things and just shave it off.
Speaker 1: Well, I think if this has taught us anything, it's that we're all idiots. Deep down, we're all silly.
Speaker 3: You know, no one doesn't discriminate long lived in stage.
Speaker 4: Agree, just don't purn your house done.
Speaker 1: I need the support of a nation, Mitch Nation, Rise up, Mitch Nights.
Speaker 3: Mitch Nation, these are my fans. Come down.
Speaker 4: Many people are gonna rise up the Mitch slaps.
Speaker 5: How many are there? Like seventeen Mitch in the Matrix? Weir walk crew, girl walkers, bitchy Mitchie. Yep.
Speaker 3: People with good hair and they're a little bit chubby and have a great face.
Speaker 2: Okay, people with not a great sense of humor, got it? Okay, continue on.
Speaker 1: I need your support because the girls are against me. You Britain, Laura, I mean a new relationship. I'm very happy it's been nine months. I call him little Saint Stephen because Stephen, my partner, is a saint. He's the sweetest, kindest, so gorgeous and beautiful.
Speaker 4: Can we just take a moment.
Speaker 5: This is the first time you've ever said his name on air, because for a while there it was situationship, and then I think you deeply offended him. Then it was the guy that the guy that you're in a relationship with, And now we can say it it's Stephen. But not only is it Stephen, you're calling him Saint Stephen. Yeah, we're going right there already a saint.
Speaker 3: He is adorable.
Speaker 1: And I told you guys, you said, how is your weekend, and I was like, yeah, it was good, and we're chilling out. I redid my wardrobe, and you're like, oh, that's cool. Yeah, we did my wardrobe. I got a whole bunch of new clothes. And then I kind of let you in on the fact that Stephen helped me heavily with the redoing of my wardrobe.
Speaker 5: No, you're missing out a point. You didn't say he helped you heavily. You said, we redid my wardrobe. We organized my wardrobe. And then as the story unfolded, what you actually meant was that Stephen did the whole thing.
Speaker 4: He did your wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Stephen redid my wardrobe because he wanted to.
Speaker 1: He's one of those people that are like, you know what, I this will gives me great joy to rearrange your wardrobe. He's got that kind of mind that he's like, I want it cleaned, I want it sorted, and then please it's a pleaser, yeah, in your relationship. And then he said, you know what, You've got a lot of nice design and stuff in here. It's too big for you. Now, why don't we sell it online? I said, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'll do it. For you. So I said, sure, I'd love if you did it for me. That's very sweet. I'll pay you for it.
Speaker 4: What are you paying him?
Speaker 3: Well, we haven't agreed on the terms, but yes he did. He didn't agree on the terms. I said, ten percent of the income.
Speaker 2: He can have ten percent of the profit that you make. He's going to earn from doing everything for you.
Speaker 1: We haven't like signed a contract. We're not like BP here talking about oil like it's easy.
Speaker 5: So I just want, I really want people before we take sides on this. Mitch, you're getting your boyfriend to sort your wardrobe, to sell your things, and then he's going to make ten percent of the profit. And then what's he going to do with that ten percent of the profit? He said, maybe we go on a nice date night together.
Speaker 2: So then you're going to make him do the work, sell it for a minimal amount, and then the middle of amount that he makes, he's going to take you to deny is going to do.
Speaker 4: Have a second.
Speaker 3: We haven't organized it.
Speaker 1: We just it's just the main issue here is you're like, you can't make your partner do things for you. You can't make your partner work for you and pay them.
Speaker 2: Can I just say the level that Saint Stephen has gone to? So I actually texted Saint Stephen because I wanted to be on his side. I just said blink twice if you need help, because I just wasn't sure if he.
Speaker 4: Was slopped in a basement somewhere.
Speaker 2: He sent me back screen shots the work that he's doing his next level. He has made complete spreadsheets of the brand, the sizing, the listing description.
Speaker 4: I've got things like as color, iconic.
Speaker 2: Hot girl walk custom blink T shirt that's Mitch's person and I love that.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I love that you put iconic.
Speaker 3: He wrote iconic.
Speaker 4: How much are you selling these things for as well?
Speaker 5: I mean anyone who wants to get some five XL shirts. Mitch's selling all his old wardrobe because you are spelt any studios.
Speaker 4: It is so.
Speaker 1: Hot on he He did this because that's what held on incomes of support.
Speaker 4: Wait, why are you to give him ten percent?
Speaker 3: You have all of.
Speaker 5: It, but now we can have all of it.
Speaker 4: Funnels back into your account.
Speaker 1: Min Rebecca, you've joined the movement? Do you pay your partner for goods and services?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: He pays me.
Speaker 4: What does he pay you for.
Speaker 8: He doesn't do this now, but a couple of years ago he had his own business and he would, yeah, just get me to help him for a couple of hours at a time. But in saying that we are a one income household, so he doesn't pay me in cash, he would just say, oh, you know, why don't.
Speaker 6: You get your nails done?
Speaker 8: Or why don't you think more like.
Speaker 4: A tax deduction dodge.
Speaker 2: Also, I think I think actual work is different, Like that's an actual physical job.
Speaker 1: Mitch is just making him do housework. And he's also called producer Grace. She said to me, no one's ever called this much for a segment. We're getting thousands. Of course, Emily, this happens to you as well in your relationship.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 7: So I pay my fiance to do work on my full drive car or like install things on the car instead of going to an actual mechanic.
Speaker 6: Is he a mechanic, No, it's Eve an electrician.
Speaker 4: So how much do you pay it?
Speaker 7: It kind of depends on what I ask him to do, Like if it's like I think I've hid him like two hundred dollars to install a snorkel on my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I do that Emily, And would you say you have a deep intimate love and connection.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, for sure, it's a richer.
Speaker 3: Level of relationship.
Speaker 4: I don't mind.
Speaker 2: I think it's amazing that you're compensating Steven for his efforts, because it sounds like he's going to do it anyway, right, So I think that's brilliant. He's getting extra cash. What I don't think is brilliant is you putting the prerequisite in there that that money has to be funneled back into you in some capacity.
Speaker 4: That's where I have the private rough.
Speaker 1: I'm taking this to the legal courts. I'm pressed to leave on that note,