Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian not conn Show podcast.
Speaker 2: How did you get a black eye? That's where I want to hear this morning after my mum slipped off the weekend. The few glass of rose. Here, I on a garden gnome. What have verny British accident to happen as well? Sick garden nome? I think you all think that every busher person's home guard and those garden nomes and that so a Midsummer murders ninety four one four one oh four three. Robin, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Robin, So tell us how did you get your black eye?
Speaker 3: I got my black eye walking my dog?
Speaker 2: Byy What happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a golden lab, so every everyone and every animal she meets is her friend and a potential playmate.
Speaker 2: The beautiful dogs. I love labs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she is. She's so friendly, A bit too friendly in this case, because I was walking her on my left side and unbeknownst to me, on the other the road. I was literally only like one hundred meters from home, and on the other side of the road there was a dog standing there and my dog decided it was time to play. So she just decides to run in front of me, and she's on the lead. Of course, she just decides to run in front of me, and I didn't realize, and my legs got and I was hanging on to her with both hands so that she wouldn't cross the road, and my legs got caught up in the lead, and then I went and went crash off my forehead, not one, not one, but two black eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's a nightmare. What it looks it was?
Speaker 3: It was. I literally it's wondering did knock me out? Because I literally had to just sit there on the pavement for a couple of minutes before I could actually stand up again.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is it was.
Speaker 3: It was a doozy and I had a swollen nose and everything that I recognized me.
Speaker 2: Your nose puffs up and everything, get everything.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: It was a real doozy.
Speaker 2: And then you tell people, right, oh yeah yeah, the dog people go yeah, Robin, thank you very much. She called, have a good.
Speaker 3: Day, worry you too much?
Speaker 4: Ash?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Ash? What happened? How do you get the black eye?
Speaker 6: A long story short, I had COVID and I didn't want to waste my time being stuck at home, so I thought i'd paint the side of the house. Issue is, we're currently building a deck down that side of the house and it's all just joyce and bearers, so it's quite the tripping hazard. I was a bit dizzy and I just didn't leave my foot high enough and my body intermented on my cheek on one of the joys. My cheek, and I'll be quite a black art.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You know? I had COVID and I tell you what, there was no paint in the side of the house. I don't think it's part of the sort of recovery program issue by well stained ors isolate and you paint your houses. Nothing asen there any of that. Sorry, the phone playing up there, Jeremy's on the line, Jessu by Christian. Good morning Jeremy, And how did you get your black eye?
Speaker 7: Mate playing kicked the kick Well, I was out the back kipping the foot and had to sit on My mate went up to the hangar and closed line the clothes line.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh crooky, you're lucky you didn't get real real damage.
Speaker 7: Oh. I had fourteen stitchers, seven on the inside the sould for one and seven on your hair tie.
Speaker 2: More stitches than the sharing. Did you get the most morning? Did you get the mark?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: I could well do.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connor Show podcast.
Speaker 2: My mum actually gave usself a black art the weekend, tripped over and hit her eye on a garden gnome. We've now raided the hand of Marbera sound effects. So whatever story you've got about how you gave yourself a black eye, I've got five different options that would choose that I think is appropriate for whatever your story is. All right? Who we got here? Young Christopher's on the line, junior listener? Hello Christopher?
Speaker 4: Hi? When I was six or seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of years ago. And how old are you now? Christopher?
Speaker 4: I'm ten?
Speaker 2: Okay? And uh and you're getting ready for school?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: And mom and dad make you listen to the show? Do you choose to listen to us?
Speaker 4: When I first heard it, I really enjoyed it. So now whenever we go to school we listen to it.
Speaker 2: That was off cold a bit on us, but it's good to know that we're all good. Me and you? All right? So carry on? Couplees you about six or seven? And what happened.
Speaker 4: I saw a kid jump down close to the piano and walk off in school, in the drama class or my old school. Ye, and I said, hmm, I want to do that. So I was going to jump down, but I tripped on the curtains, so my head went forward, and but my body stayed the same and I hit my forehead on the piano.
Speaker 6: School.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that would have really hurt. Did you see story.
Speaker 4: I got a big hematoma and.
Speaker 6: I got two black eyes. I looked like a zombie.
Speaker 2: Yes, a little zombie zombie. Christopher, God, bet that hurt, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then the funny The funny part is I was I had to pick my sister up from.
Speaker 2: School the school drop the car from.
Speaker 4: Year five we went to the same school and said, oh, I got a hematoma. And then one of the year five says, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, good, good question. It's a very big word, isn't it hematoma?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And even the year five teacher was impressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I bet that teacher didn't even know what a hematoma was. No, you do, Oh they did that. That's good. Yeah. And Christopher, is Thursday a good day at school for you? What do you what do you look forward to on a Thursday? What have you got?
Speaker 4: I'm well, it's casual closed day today.
Speaker 2: I always used to think there's a lot of pressure with that, aren't they to get your best outfit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I go where are you going with jeans? T shirt?
Speaker 4: I'm wearing a I'm wearing a Golden State Warriors T shirt? And uh, this gets the global leaders like vote on a fundraiser to do so you bring money and I'm a global leader, so but I missed one of them meetings.
Speaker 2: You are kicking goals in life. You're nine years of age. You're a global leader. Your adult life is going to be an anti climax, no heats, no more global. You've conquered the world at nine global.
Speaker 4: It's it's not a very big deal. We just done.
Speaker 2: You're so modest.
Speaker 4: We just say, oh, which fundraiser would anybody like to do? And we vote on it and that's basically it.
Speaker 2: You sound like a very kind hearted young man. I hoe you raise some good money today.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: That's right. You have a good day. Hey, Christophy, you call the show whenever you want, got it, got it all? Good bye bye now, Danny, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, calling from Tasmonia. I've got a great little story.
Speaker 2: Hello about where about Santasi.
Speaker 5: I'm in northern Tasmona. I've been long system I.
Speaker 2: Haven't been there. I've been to Hobart and I really want to go up there, especially beautiful. I love tasman It's stunning.
Speaker 5: The wineries are amazing.
Speaker 2: You've got me. I'm leaving in and out. How did you get that?
Speaker 7: Sorry? Was that?
Speaker 2: How do you get your black eye?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: I had a retail meinswear store, and the regular customer came in and I'm served this actuluente China, And I said, what happened to mate? And he said, well, on the weekend, I went fishing, and he said, a bit of trout fishing, and you know those ball sinkers that are on the end of your fishing line. You know, the whole obviously, the whole debating. He got a snag on a rock and then he said, I just yanked it really hard and flew back and it actually went in between the bridge of his nose and the back of his eye. I went actually in behind his eye. I know.
Speaker 4: It was terrible.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he said, because he was by himself, he didn't want to pull it out because he didn't know what damage he was going.
Speaker 2: It's like something about Mary.
Speaker 4: Isn't it is? It is?
Speaker 5: So he had to drive to the emergency ward with the fishing lines and the rod in his hand.
Speaker 2: Story, how was he driving like that?
Speaker 3: I know it was.
Speaker 5: I just could not. I could not believe.
Speaker 6: I actually didn't believe it.
Speaker 5: But he showed me where he went into the emergency Vegon and I didn't do any damage. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so lucky Danny.
Speaker 5: You can imagine me now, Christian, when I go fishing on.
Speaker 2: Danny. Great story. Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 4: No worries.
Speaker 1: So Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Some amazing stories about how you gave yourself or how you got a black eye this morning. Jenny Hello, Jenny hey, Christian, thank you very much for waiting the other side of the news. So desperately want to hear your story. So how did you get your black eye?
Speaker 8: So many years ago in the eighties, we were camping up the coast one summer and we stopped a roadside camp place near the highway. So very young, having a great time, drinks flowing freely, and something hit me in the eye, didn't think too.
Speaker 5: Much of it.
Speaker 8: Woke up the next morning in the tent, but I was all swollen, bruised, black cass and I found out a few days later in my so finally meet it that some of the guys were throwing eggs at the passing trucks. I'm in the weirs of the morning and one of the eggsplanded in my eye. The trips I wore sunglasses too hard.
Speaker 5: My black eye.
Speaker 8: Moment, but with a very good camping.
Speaker 2: Trip response like I so someone threw an egg at you?
Speaker 8: Yes, and could have possibly bring my sister one of my friends.
Speaker 2: With a friendly fire. Jenny, thank you very much you called. Do you know what I love hearing stories about things that get thrown at people. I don't know what it is, It's just a funny idea. Is this someone throwing someone in the eye. Let's now actually use Jenny's story what got thrown at you? I remember about fifteen years ago the radio station i'd worked for, they asked me to come on host their sales awards. Do right, and it was like up in Scotland. So I was flowing up there and they said, hey, listen, really go for it, really take the mickey out the managers, because then their teammates would love that. So telling me that's like red rag to ball, So I like, okay, I'll really unload on the anyway doing this god awful gig. I'm really it's not going very well. They're just like talking amongst themselves. They've been drinking all day and you're just in this this room with them. There's no stage or anything. And one of the one of the ladies there, one of the team leaders, she literally had some strange suit on and it looked like she was just come straight from a production of Bugsy Malone. So I was mentioned that isn't a great hot bugsy MALONEA tonight all of her teammates go. She looks at them. They're sat around tables where they've been eating, and they've got like desserted on them. She picks up a cake. I'm not joking about it. You would have loved it. She picks up, comes at me, throws the gut out at me because she's like hammered right heckle by cake.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast