Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: She hasn't got a weed wacker.
Speaker 4: Judd appetite, appetite.
Speaker 5: I needed to have a non flippant.
Speaker 1: Chronk The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three, soe and seventy eight.
Speaker 5: What a time to be alive.
Speaker 6: Guys, We're all gonna remember where we were, and we found out Larry Emda is the very best of the best of the best of the best in TV land. Stand aside Hamish Blake and Andy Lee, stand aside Sampang, there's in New King and it is Larry.
Speaker 4: How much do we read into these rumors that since Channel seven took over the hosting of the loads, it's only been Channel seven the last.
Speaker 6: Two years it has been a Channel seven person winning it on the Channel seven TV show.
Speaker 5: But Larry Mda deserves that.
Speaker 6: Good guy always, and I think he mainly got it for I'm pretty sure he hosted a show in the nineties. Maybe you remember this, Patsy The World's Worst Drivers.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say price is right, and the.
Speaker 5: Price is right.
Speaker 6: I noticed that Channel seven kept showing a lot of the old prices right because he's been serving TV.
Speaker 3: Forty years and you know what he really how old is he?
Speaker 5: Fifties?
Speaker 3: Sixties?
Speaker 5: And the Google their pets now.
Speaker 4: Fifty nine years old?
Speaker 5: He yeah, fifty nine. He looks fresh.
Speaker 3: He was reading national news at nineteen or something, but he.
Speaker 6: Was surely you can't have a boy presenting like you know. My daughters then just turned twenty. I don't want to turn on the US to see her breaking very bad. The world is ending. Can someone charge my phone for me? It needs to be charged. My phone's broken and I've lost my air pods.
Speaker 3: But big in radio before TV.
Speaker 5: Like and is it?
Speaker 6: You hope that soon and soon you can get out tread on our heads and it goes this show rage against the menopause and then out of this place. Next up logies. We thought that acros speech was something I do deserve this. You wait till she gets a LOGI wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, he's a lovely guy, Larry, and well deserved, I say.
Speaker 6: And Patsy, can we just check in? How is Chris the Werribee love God Week two the recovery?
Speaker 3: How's he going with his miniscus After the miniscus it's one of those he actually said at the weakad he lamented, I actually think I should have had a total near replacement at least.
Speaker 6: Reckon should have had a total body replacement, maybe a head replacement Old Walk Disney.
Speaker 4: Or face off John Devol just becoming human altogether.
Speaker 3: It's such an unusual spot, like because it's right at the back of the knee, which is why the league has to be straight up out. But showering is quite quite an effort because he has to he has to keep the legs straight. Cannot put any weight on it at this point.
Speaker 5: A nightmare.
Speaker 6: So I mean the waterproof wheelchairs. Basically it's like a car wash for the body.
Speaker 4: Actually give in to the car.
Speaker 3: That would be perfect. But I actually think I might need a shower chair because it's it's really quite dangerous because he has to pump on one foot with the other leg out straight into the shower. We don't have a walk through shower.
Speaker 6: It's got a little You can make a suggestion if you've got the thank you have, you got the hose that shower, get microphone out of the microphone stands.
Speaker 3: Yes we have, thankfully you know.
Speaker 5: You practice a future acre speech in there.
Speaker 6: I'm not surprised. I've got this for the second year running. I'm the Larry m There of radio.
Speaker 3: Now we do have that.
Speaker 5: Why don't you.
Speaker 6: Walk him in when it's dry, I do, and then turn the shower once he's in a seated position and then use that as if you were cleaning a door.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: But it's hard because so the frame and all like his.
Speaker 5: RoboCop like it's the metallic man.
Speaker 3: No, but the frame has to go in and all because he has to like, because it's so hard just standing on one leg and quite dangerous on a wet floor.
Speaker 5: You don't have him doing that, for sure, Crystal.
Speaker 3: I think I do eat a bath chair jacket looks like in a Veyo home, and.
Speaker 6: I think we had to take an intervention and get drive for an hour and a half. Got that mankey old Westgate to deliver a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: You No, I think he might need his nurse.
Speaker 5: Rat wouldn't give him one, please.
Speaker 3: But even that's precarious because even if he's got a chair, the leg still has to be straight. So what do I do with the leg then, because.
Speaker 5: It has to kind of a footstool a waterproof.
Speaker 3: But then I can't close the shower door, so water is going to get everywhere. Maybe I'll just wheel him out the back in the wheelchair.
Speaker 5: He needs to be sharing everything or something.
Speaker 3: Comba patient I do every other day he gets spongebar, Oh my god, wow, scratchet and then every.
Speaker 5: Seconds in the hospital longer.
Speaker 6: Not just that, it's I can think in life, it's how it's given, isn't it. You can imagine how how joyful bats must be about.
Speaker 5: Squeegy of down. You know that person of the lights.
Speaker 4: He's in the steel wall of the kitchen seat.
Speaker 6: Scrub daddy heart each bum parts.
Speaker 5: Chris's coming in, It's coming in. Let me clear up the tag nuts.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're shocking both of you.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: That is a very rare moon. You won't see one light this again until twenty thirty seven. It's a super rare blue moon.
Speaker 4: It's too foggy out there.
Speaker 6: I know it's a real piece super out there today? Is that someone that other shuduck Holmes thing I can't think of. A horse drawn carriages come at me with Shirlock and Watson on the case.
Speaker 4: Just how luck we get the rarest mood I've never heard of? And now we kind of even say it.
Speaker 6: Yes, heartbreak in Now what else you found out about the logis you put me on some sort of conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Chase, Larry have it.
Speaker 4: I don't mind episodes.
Speaker 6: You have to do the chase like three thousand a year. The poor guy he's held against as Will didn't.
Speaker 4: Even watch the logis. I would have loved for my friend Andy later to have won it.
Speaker 5: Did you vote?
Speaker 4: I didn't In the end, Oh, well, so you would have loved it so much.
Speaker 6: She didn't vote. He accused us even to get close to Andy. You even had a dinner with him, didn't you? On Friday night?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Judas, Judas.
Speaker 4: I also saw in Sydney our old friend Eliza. She used to work on the Hamish and Andy show.
Speaker 5: She was with her once. She would like to go and move to Andy Lee's plants.
Speaker 4: Yes, Friday, she helped us lift it on through the back of my youth.
Speaker 6: She was I'm good at PA, but I didn't know they can do like nursery duties with the potted plants.
Speaker 4: She was on last season of the Block with her sister living. Yes, they came second on the Block and she was invited to the logis Channel nine said yep, you'll be there that the Block is nominated. So she booked her flight up to Sydney, she bought a dress, and then last week General Miryan said, nah, we're not going to take any of the reality contestants after all, so pulled the p So she was just up in Sydney floating around because she had this, she'd booked the tickets.
Speaker 5: That's a massive show. People love that.
Speaker 4: Did the block wind you know, Patty anything?
Speaker 5: Sure? I don't know.
Speaker 6: In the news reader travel the logs in the lead news story today, I.
Speaker 3: Believe travel guards one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I believe isn't like a new sort of authority. I believe. I saw there's a situation in America right now.
Speaker 3: They got up on the stage, so they were pipped honestly some of the people they have there and then they don't have people who were actually in shows, like you know, it's a bit of here, there and everywhere.
Speaker 4: Who do you say there that you didn't think she'd be there?
Speaker 3: Not going to point anyone out in particular, Jack, you're not taking So did.
Speaker 6: You actually watch the logis? I always wondered who watches it too?
Speaker 3: I love it. I love the fashion love the red carpet.
Speaker 5: You know they probably shows still that show biz feel of it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I had to see Annie carry on the carpet. She looked gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Wow, I can't.
Speaker 6: That feels like an old fashioned kind of by gone ere yes dying out AI awards.
Speaker 5: That's what will be.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: It's the Christian O'Connell's show. Come on into Karen, listen to the show. Today's it's been thinking about the situation that Patsy has at home with her husband and where we love God had knee surgery a week and a half ago.
Speaker 5: Showering is problematic.
Speaker 6: The knee that's been operated on needs to be extended out in front of him, and.
Speaker 5: Showering is tough. And you've got a shower door, yes, correct? Have I got the set up right? Yes?
Speaker 3: You have with a lip so it's not a walk in shower unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Onning, guys, I'm talking morning guys. I'm listening to you guys this morning, nineteenth eight, twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that from any of you. Are you from the International Space Station? Captain? I'm aware what the day is.
Speaker 6: This isn't from the future. Is it twenty thirty two from Brisbane at Games listen to you guys this morning. Thank you for always dating what morning that is? Perhaps you're talking about her husband shower trouble. Have solved the problem. As I work in health and with equipment, you need to get a shower stall as not a big as not as big as a shower chair. Play shower stool, flush up against the shower all for the patient's backcrest. Have a small plastic rubbish bin upside down for the patient to rest the leg on.
Speaker 3: Yes, great idea. We've actually got an old mixing bowl that is massive, like a massive.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, what's your going on there, missus Miggins?
Speaker 6: Oh now walking at those ans at biscuits that we have before that, I'm still breaking down in my digestive tracks six years later.
Speaker 3: It's one of those big metal ones and we pop it upside like a.
Speaker 6: Big old sort of dinner lady one or an honor like a cauldron like witches would have, not a cauldron like we don't ever use our outside voice to refer to her like that at the Cauldron of News.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are using that because there's nothing else like Yeah, we didn't know what else to use, but I might have to get a shower stool.
Speaker 5: Now, I mean he's got a barstool.
Speaker 3: No, that was his suggestion. Let's get at.
Speaker 6: Doing a session and on sunset strip many students in tonight.
Speaker 4: So if he's not sitting down, what's he using the big salad ball for? Or are you trying to seat him?
Speaker 3: He's got the frame, he's got the Zimmer frame. No, he's got the Zimmer frame up against the tiles, and so he's sort of kind of backs in cleans on that, Chris.
Speaker 6: I mean he's struggling enough without hearing whole shower nudity, struggling in with a walker being soaked.
Speaker 3: And he has to rest his foot and you're.
Speaker 5: In a wet suit with an aquilong are you?
Speaker 3: But I'm getting drenched as well?
Speaker 5: Must be stagy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. It looks like in a VEO care home.
Speaker 6: So he needs a stool, needs a stool. Now, have we got any here at the station or can we get him a bar stool?
Speaker 5: Get it to him?
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Have you seen my chair in the newsroom it's ripped. I doubt we'd even have a stool here.
Speaker 4: You need a special ty shell.
Speaker 3: Slip you know with big, big nasty.
Speaker 5: Could you get one of those that came out because they do that kind of plastic that you don't.
Speaker 3: Then it's so much jump on the website and have a look.
Speaker 4: You can't sit on that lawn chair one.
Speaker 6: They have that strange hole in the middle. It's some kind of glory situation.
Speaker 2: I just said glory the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Good Morning Christian, my husband. They're the same operation as Patsy's husband Crystal where We Love God. We actually did use a plastic outdoor chair. It works a treat. I'm just worried if it's if it's one that's all plastic, it's the one with the slats, because anything wet can slip through and suddenly be slatted, and then you've got attraction problem.
Speaker 5: Past Chris is age.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden you come out of sackage.
Speaker 6: It's it's low and getting nearer the ground. Every year they go to me, if you're a man who hit one hundred, you must be dragging it around with you on the floor. It's like a cable connected to mother Earth, and.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden you pulling the chair around the house.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, Christian, Poor Chris, yep, exactly. I have one of those medical shower stools used once and sanitized in brackets at home in the garage after I broke my broke my foot and had surgery. Chris is welcome to it. Are you anywhere near Patterson Lakes?
Speaker 5: Pats? No, not really, Well, you won't have that morning. That's the end of that cold case.
Speaker 4: Literally side else She's not making.
Speaker 6: Next door to you, patsy Okay, I'm trying free after episode nine hundred, raised against give up.
Speaker 3: Plenty of time after nine maybe you can pop out and get to Chris.
Speaker 5: Don't opted out.
Speaker 3: I have time.
Speaker 5: What about this? Are you near a Bunnings?
Speaker 3: Of course I am. Everyone's near a bunny.
Speaker 6: Shower stores at Bunnings, do they? Sean has just come to the aide.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go today. Thank you, Sean. That is brilliant. She ain't going to day no, I am, of course I am. I will on the way I'm from doing everything.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, I was tasked with two things by my wife, which is a very rare unusual day if I'm being tasked with anything of something menial duties around the house. And by I mean real menial stuff around the house. It's round us to do any kind of research for a New Year. My wife and I we're going to Thailand. We're going to spend three nights. Yeah, we've been a couple of times and yearly years ago, before we had kids, we went to Bangkok and we had to stay basically didn't have a lot of money. We had to stay in a really really ropierrea. So I said, one year, let's go back to Bangkok and do it. Probably, so we're going for New Year, seen the New Year Bangkok. Then we're going to go traveling. Sarah said, could you do some research to find out where to be good to see the New Year's fireworks in a Bangkok? Apparently they're fame for it and didn't want to go. Well, we've used to live in London. They're also well known for the fireworks. Sydney's Well, I mean everywhere has fireworks in New Year. Plus, I don't want to go. We're really that age now where staying out to see a fireworks? Will we even be awake by midnight at our range or will we just fall in the seapon? A causul so Anyway, I looked into you know, we need a global currency, okay, because obviously every current country you don't know whether you're getting ripped off.
Speaker 5: So suddenly I'm looking at this. It's a buffet with a view, and I'm like, oh, we love a buffet, you know the buffet. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wait, and then I see it's it's thousands of tay bart and I'm like, well, I don't know, is that good? So I was looking at this thing for New Year's Eve right in Bangkok, and it was this is spare in mind. This is a buffet. Now, we love a buffet. Langham does the best buffet in Melbourne, right, But it's a.
Speaker 5: Buffet, okay.
Speaker 6: And then I see you get a one complimentary glass of champagne on arrival.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 6: Well this must be maybe it's on bucks or something, maybe even undred and twenty. I don't know, but it's new zeve. I can step to that. I do the currency converted, not once, not twice, but three times, because that guy they can't can't one thousand dollars Australian dollars for a buffet one glass of shit, one one glass of complimentary champagne on arrival.
Speaker 4: Is it because it's got a great view of the fireworks.
Speaker 5: And then I looked again. It said free flowing, so thought, oh that's match.
Speaker 6: So it's like unlimited drinks, but even that, and then saw no, no, it was free flowing mineral water. Next years, he looks like, at these look half empty. Let me go and get some more agua minral for you guys.
Speaker 2: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's get into this week's the Golden Year.
Speaker 6: If it become a show, we pick a year, we go back to it, we talk about what happened that year. Today it's nineteen ninety five, and then we get into a one second winner, Jack and Patsy.
Speaker 5: You guys playing.
Speaker 6: Along as well, trying to guess the songs from just a short one second clip nineteen ninety five. In a thumbnail, Jar, Patsy, that means a thumb. Now that means not too much. Nineteen ninety five, What were you up to?
Speaker 3: I was Audry's age. I'm getting a bit emotional. I was already his age.
Speaker 5: I was thirteen nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Oh ninety five. I thought we were doing eighty.
Speaker 5: Five university year older than me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was thinking eighty five. Yeah, no, I'd come to Melbourne for my first job in metro radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, and once again we're never far away from the great origin story of.
Speaker 5: Radio all right.
Speaker 6: Nineteen ninety five, in smaller news, eBay and Amazon both launched. Amazon started as a bookstore in Jeff Bezos's garage. It's an incredible story. I know when he got divorced a couple of years ago. His wife was a big part in him setting it all up as well. And I think she got twenty five percent of their stock because he sold obviously a lot of it where to become a billionaire. And she got thirty eight billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 6: I mean, what is Australia make a year? What is this country make a year? I mean, I don't know how much it makes, but thirty eight billion. Adelaide back in ninety five was hosting the Australian Grand Prix for the last time because then Melbourne took it on.
Speaker 5: O J. Simpson huge news story. O J.
Speaker 6: Simpson was found not guilty in the Trial of the Century. In movies, this great movie came out. Toy story in the first one.
Speaker 5: You got friend in Me, You Got.
Speaker 6: Briend Tom Hanks had a great year in ninety five, so he was in this with Tim Allen.
Speaker 5: Danie also did Apollo thirteen. I have you've seen that?
Speaker 6: Jack great movie, Tom Hanks, Kevin Macon, Bill Paxton, and Ed Harris. I also love another movie that came out this year, which sadly has got forty percent on Rotten Tomato. But people are idiots. This is one hundred percent. Were talking about the green Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: All back to school, smiling, already back to school.
Speaker 5: To prove to dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tight tight, I hohle.
Speaker 6: Fight, don't get in a fight.
Speaker 1: Ah, back to school, Back to school.
Speaker 5: See, we're all spining.
Speaker 4: Forty percent is actually quite high for an Adam Sadler movie. Critics always have it out for Adam, said, check any of these.
Speaker 6: I got a bad snobbers. There's snobbery arounds the Sam Man. All right, let's get into one second winner, So one second clips of big songs from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: Jackie you ready, I'm ready? Pats are you ready?
Speaker 4: You bet?
Speaker 3: Gangster's Paradise coolio.
Speaker 2: Wow waits fired?
Speaker 5: Good tune? All right, who's this from ninety five. They were huge in ninety five?
Speaker 4: Is that oasis?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: What's the story?
Speaker 6: If you had I'll give you a clue, if you had a bowl of soup, you might something else. We weren't like something else with it, a spoon.
Speaker 4: A ladle, some bread in a.
Speaker 3: Oh, just give him me it, roll with it.
Speaker 5: I'll try some soup. And you probably get this one because it's a bit closer to home and therefore easier. I mean, wow, wow too on the international stuff. But the bang obvious I think this is nineteen ninety five because it sounds like it's eighty five. All right? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: And that's where that's all?
Speaker 5: Yes? Would he what he?
Speaker 3: Should?
Speaker 1: She?
Speaker 5: Should? She? Are they?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: My?
Speaker 5: This sluggish going today? Is it?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 5: All right? Who's this from ninety five? Yeah? It was?
Speaker 3: What was the name of them? It's not Shakespeare's sister, No, Merrill Bainbridge.
Speaker 5: Who's this chicle? This stuff?
Speaker 4: That is shaggy? Mister bombastic?
Speaker 5: Yes, rejud all right, So I wish one of these? Do you want to hear next? We're playing one of them.
Speaker 6: There's not a lot of good ones there, I mean, really, you couldn't find any bigger songs from nineteen ninety five and who the head is Mel Bainbridge?
Speaker 5: She sounds like an English poet.
Speaker 3: It was huge.
Speaker 6: Now reading will be Meryll Bainbridge from her poem in the Ground.
Speaker 5: Time to go, Let's do that, Let's play that next. We can perass we can.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Guys, Exciting Times. We met him Friday.
Speaker 6: He's come back to see everyone today. Who am I talking about? Petty cash Man? Who is Petty cash Man? Where the hell were you Friday? Let me walk you back to Friday, my friends, cash Man is back on this radio station. And over the last couple of years, cash Man has been giving away a lot of money. You know, sometimes you catch up with an old friend and something's changed. My god, they look a little bit older, not quite got the flash car they used to have. Cash Man came back last week. He's had a tough couple of years and some stocks and shares haven't really come through, and he ain't given away barrelos of cash anymore.
Speaker 2: If you need cash in a flesh, have we got the Cape Crusader for you?
Speaker 5: Cold one or four point three? Cash Man? Cashman so let me take you through. When he was giving some away last week, there was this that Maja down dave another fifty for you. Fifty bucks.
Speaker 6: There used to be thousands and thousand sounds as now it's fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: Another winner. Oh cash calashtake fifty for you.
Speaker 6: You can see what's happening here, So we have our own. If that's the way it's going, we can help you out now with Petty cash.
Speaker 7: Man, his supersuits from Anko, his cash. My bill's a key real, he's the penny pinching gold coin hoarning receipt requiring petty cash Man.
Speaker 6: All right, Petty cash Man is back. On Friday, he had seventy one dollars. Seventy We asked you to call him what he wants some of the money for, not all of it, okay. Eric Lamb bought a three dollar fifty screwdriver for work and can we bothered to do the paperwork for the reimbursement cash man.
Speaker 5: Petty cash Man was there for him.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, mate, I was just calculating how much we still got under sind Heye asked for ten dollars for double A batteries. She was passionately anti trackpad needed it for her computer mouse. We gave it five dollars because we thought ten dollars to double as sounded a bit steep.
Speaker 6: Liz needed four dollars fifty for our sausage roll for lunch. She got the four dollars fifty and also had some sauce with it. Liz, thank you very much for the photo you sent. Thanks to Petty cash Man. She had a great lunch.
Speaker 4: Damien didn't send a photo of his daughter's Zinger meal, but she worked hard at school all week and he wanted fourteen dollars ninety five for a Zinger box meal.
Speaker 6: Glen for the meat Raffle on Friday night, the dandod On Work Club got five five raffle tickets that were one dollars each. Actually, we need to hear from Markelen today. Did he have the winning meat dark prize on him? Who has also got money from petty cash Man on Friday.
Speaker 4: Sarah was the last person to clean up from cash Man twelve dollars for a large popcorin popcorn this weekend at Heintz.
Speaker 6: All right, so we did have seventy one dollars seventy sorry Petty cash Man hand how much is left to give away? Right now?
Speaker 4: There is still twenty five dollars and seventy five cents left in the kiddy.
Speaker 5: Okay, what do you want some of the petty cash Man?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 6: Give us a call now nine four one four one oh four three lines are open. Now, what do you want some small amount of money for from petty cash Man? Nine four one four one oh four to three cash man. Great to see you back today.
Speaker 7: It's many money Monday.
Speaker 6: He's back nine four four one oh four to three. Lines are open now, four Petty cash Man.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 6: I know sometimes you might get the misapprehension that I'm not a real man's man, but I need you to know the weekend I was working with some top soil and I've got a little bit of mud left under my nails. Actually, that's kind of guy has got a problem with the lemon tree in the guard At the moment, I got some new top, so that should be fine.
Speaker 4: Callous is on the hands from the shovel not.
Speaker 5: Quite yet, no, but they are rough. Can they not have a smoother handle? Please?
Speaker 6: Buddings, You know I could like that nice sort of quilted toilet roll. Can they have a nice have velvet handle for it? Does it have to be that if you know what you used to sort of that sharp would like that in that handle on that I worry about splinters.
Speaker 5: When I used to shovel as well.
Speaker 4: Where you need gloves.
Speaker 5: Actually doony gloves?
Speaker 6: That is peak middle aging, isn't it when you've actually got gardening gloves or gloves to use around the house.
Speaker 5: All right, So Petty cash Man is here.
Speaker 7: His super suits from Anko, his cash. My bills are Keyarrio. He's the penny pinching gold coin horning proceed requiring petty cash Man.
Speaker 6: All right, Petty cash Man has twenty five dollars and seventy five cents.
Speaker 5: What would you like some of it for? Cash Man is ready? Hi there, How can petty cash Man help you today? On the line?
Speaker 6: Right now, Petty cash Man, we have young Jimmy. Good morning, Jimmy, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How's your weekend?
Speaker 2: Jimmy good Thanks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what was the highlight of the weekend? What was the best thing you did?
Speaker 8: Not much because I got home from school camp on Friday, so.
Speaker 5: You're pretty tired. Yeah, how was school camp?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was good. We did lost of that. It was three nights and four days.
Speaker 5: Wow, we did you miss Mum or Dad? Or was it good? Fun to get away?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 8: Fun to get away?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, all right, so young Jimmy, then you need us in cash Monday morning.
Speaker 5: How much do you need, Jimmy, Ah, five dollars for a bouncy.
Speaker 8: Ball at Rebel?
Speaker 5: What do you need the bouncy ball for?
Speaker 8: I played four square at school with my friends, but my friends went down, Miss Alley Wayne, we lost it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I would have ruined your weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well listen, Petty cash Man's got a heart. He's going to give you the money with a warning and a life lesson. But yes, you can have you can have that bouncy ball. Jimmy, thank you. That's all right. Maybe, thank you cash Man. It's not mine. Thank you, Petty cash Man.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Patty Cashman.
Speaker 5: Oh, he says quickly on the microphone. He's he says this. You're welcome, Jimmy, thank you. Wow, never ever done that before?
Speaker 6: Extraordinary times the bouncy ball did it to the great man? All right, Jimmy, enjoy the bouncing ball?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Did I just say that Jimmy enjoy the bouncing ball. All that's going on in the Melbourne radio watch right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did, Bridget, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, petty cash man.
Speaker 5: Don't spend it all A well, no, no, that one I just played.
Speaker 7: I don't mean to alarm you, but my funds are getting awfully low.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what are they now? After Jimmy's cleaned us out?
Speaker 4: We have twenty dollars and seventy five cents. How much you after, Bridget?
Speaker 6: I'll like three dollars please.
Speaker 5: Becaan, what are you going for? What are you after?
Speaker 2: My fourteen year old son eight gym sins every day at school a dollar at dim Sims, so I need to give him three today please.
Speaker 5: Yum yum yum, Bridget, the jim Sims.
Speaker 6: Are on me.
Speaker 5: Wow. Wait, this is exciting.
Speaker 7: I'm going to need to borrow the company card, Christian because I am officially broke.
Speaker 6: Well, no, we've got some money there, seventeen dollars. Come on now, easy, Felicity, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: I'm bigging guess man.
Speaker 9: My boss has given me the flu and I needed Offy's start my week.
Speaker 5: Okay, So where do you normally go to get your coffee. How much is it a five dollars fifty?
Speaker 10: But I'll play the fifty cents so and don't do this.
Speaker 5: The community is too much peace split the privates with petty caps.
Speaker 6: We're asking listeners for fifty cents, game over, don't asking for five bucks.
Speaker 4: No, we got to pay the whole there's no to be made out of. We bought Felicity almost of our own customer.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Penny cash Man would not want that. Penny cash Man, what do you say?
Speaker 7: You can spend that fifty cents however you like.
Speaker 4: Felicity will pay for the whole fee.
Speaker 6: You are five dollars fifty winner, thankscas Man.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Jubilant scenes today with PCM as he's now known as Jackie By.
Speaker 5: How much have we got there?
Speaker 4: Twelve dollars twenty five cents?
Speaker 5: Okay, it's got to go.
Speaker 2: Next, Chris, you know O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Hey, petty cash Man, I think we should go splurge out and get Christians some gloves for his delicate hands.
Speaker 5: Listen, these aren't delicates.
Speaker 6: These are the hands of a surgeon, because the surgical precision that I ride this desk and control the radio show. You can't have callous mankey trady hands. Suddenly they're like splurging over the faders. It's a very fine, precise art. Surgeons do use gloves, though, Get me some gloves then, please, because those wooden handles on the shovels have got a splinter.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend, I opened up our first aid kit. Did you know has a splinter removal thing in that?
Speaker 4: What if a little pair of tays?
Speaker 6: It's no, it's a tiny little sort of needle in a plastic sort of case and you can pluck away and to get the to prize it out.
Speaker 5: They are over all things spins. Isn't the second ancient thing you can't stall? That exists? All right? So petty cashman is here, Jack? How much he got left?
Speaker 4: He's got twelve dollars and twenty five cents?
Speaker 7: Wow, wee who's first on the scene at the vending machine? Who will give you five bucks for your bear on the bus?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 7: It's petty cash man.
Speaker 6: It's not cash man, it's petty cash man. These are the times we live in, my friends, austere times. Because you were in Sydney down the line hockey comes in before.
Speaker 5: She goes what does au Steer mean, how do you say on today's show? He's still learning words. It's lovely, all right?
Speaker 4: Did you overuse it then during the morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Trish is on the line. Good morning, Trish.
Speaker 10: Fish, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 9: How are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Now, what do you need the money for, Trish?
Speaker 9: Oh, petty cashman, petty cashman, help me please. I need a dollar fifty for a stamp. I've canceled some insurance policies and they want two separate letters in two separate envelopes to the same address. So I really desperately need dollar fifty to post the other link.
Speaker 5: Icy, Now I need just creep up a stamp as a dollar.
Speaker 9: Fifty and dollar fifty disgusting.
Speaker 4: I remember when they were forty five cents.
Speaker 5: Oh look at the times, are now dollar fifty for stamps?
Speaker 9: Please please place cash man help a girl out on the Monday morning.
Speaker 5: Your money's in the mail, Trish. I was gonna, hey, wait a minute, mister postman, but yeah, do that one as well.
Speaker 11: It's the song Hey, hey, wait a minute, what mister postman. Mister postman, Yeah, hey, mister posts man.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 6: It's better I think very less words. Friday too much, your cashman. Now, let's put them back in his box.
Speaker 7: I'm going to need to borrow the company card, Christian because I am officially bro No, yeah.
Speaker 5: You're not, but yes you can have there. You gonna have your stamp.
Speaker 6: By the way, I don't know whether it's medical assurance. She was counseling, I've got medical insurance. How to go for a physio last year and I went to paint. You know often they go, oh, and your medical insurance, provided there's there's taken off forty dollars, only twenty five you'd have to make.
Speaker 5: They'd hovered fifty cents of it. You're kidding, petty cash man.
Speaker 6: They are also in oste times my friends. Now we've got a young Alfie on the line is twelve.
Speaker 5: Good morning Alfie, Hi high.
Speaker 8: Petty cash man. My father's day stoles coming up soon. I need five dollars to buy my dad's a stubby holder and a barbecue kit.
Speaker 5: Can I please have it?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 8: Petty cash man, tell you what you get?
Speaker 5: Its valley for money.
Speaker 4: They're doing stubby holders at the school Father's day store.
Speaker 6: School Gosh, stubby holders at the Father's day store for kids. They got bort A Whiskey's there discounsel as well. Everything for the old man, haven't they. That's an interesting school I made at school today, Mummy A stubby holder.
Speaker 5: Dad's outol. We brewed our own today. Money. We're doing moon Shane, moon Shane. We're making in the yard. Petty cash Man, what do you say?
Speaker 7: Well, daddy, you'll be very happy with that stubby holder.
Speaker 4: Alfie, it's on me.
Speaker 5: Petty Cashman said yes, Alfie, thank you, Petty cash Man.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Alfie, have.
Speaker 5: A good day, Alfie, thank you very much. Just got to Lianne. Now, chack. How much money has petty Cashman got left?
Speaker 4: Five dollars and seventy five cents.
Speaker 7: I don't mean to alarm you, but my funds are getting awfully low.
Speaker 10: Wow, Leanne, Hi, Hi, petty cash Man. Oh please today please? Can I have four holes fifty for my daughter's pie? I drive all the way to Mornington from black Rock.
Speaker 5: Blamey, Why do you obviously a pretty good piet?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, she's sillyet And this place is amazing, the good food cafe, all gluten free, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 10: I need fifty because a long way the guy for a pie, great mom.
Speaker 5: Happy pie day. How much should we got? Can we do? Can we get two pies? One? Fully? God?
Speaker 4: We should give her an extra dollar thirty five for maybe petrol money to get down there.
Speaker 10: Put in I'll get a Leamington for it, because they're to die for.
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 5: This is the end times? How much? Just the Lammington.
Speaker 10: Leamington's are four seventy beautiful?
Speaker 7: Maybe you could get some tomato sauce with that extra dollar, three or four packets?
Speaker 5: Come on, I'll have to check the money box. What a shock we have more money? You get the lemon che against the pie?
Speaker 10: Beautiful, beautiful, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Kesh Man, all right, he's back worth the drive? Thank you? What's the show for now?
Speaker 6: Patty Cashman is back Friday. I can't see any production doing now.
Speaker 7: Friday means Petty cash.
Speaker 4: Man day, So be there or b square you should go on? Who's lying?
Speaker 5: Thank God you're here.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Tell us the story of what happened to you this weekend in six words textaman oh four seven five O three one O four three.
Speaker 5: Send Christian the test.
Speaker 6: Using six words or less.
Speaker 7: Tell them bunch your weekcad did you hike on go to judge to.
Speaker 6: Confess someone's coming in already this morning? Santo gon in Santo your six word weekend? Kids need me in the knackers, acony, acony will drop any man mick like me. Was out working the land with his hands. I concreted the second gate posts.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 6: That sounds like really proper hard work. Jackie boy, what's your six word weekend?
Speaker 5: What's happened?
Speaker 4: My child always wants to be naked at the moment.
Speaker 5: Was in that face running out the house.
Speaker 6: They just think this is how it's meant to be, and you almost feel like you're boring telling them, Sandy, you've got to wear clothes out.
Speaker 4: Wear clothes out there. Yeah, we changed to the pull up nappies and this over the last week.
Speaker 5: And don't you running around off that. It's like a little Japanese sumo.
Speaker 4: He's learned how to take him off and now he always wants to be naked. He was free to them, I guess, says the phrase often, but though like, no, I don't want clothes, I want to be naked. I want to be naked, same as him. Delight once he got that logo, so pretty much now all the time he spends at home, he's running around naked because we can't stop him. But this struggle is then taking him anywhere outside of the house, teaching him that we have to in society unfortunately, have to be clothed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're going to find that. You'll be around it.
Speaker 6: We had this where sometimes you'll be around at people's houses who had kids, and then you can hear them like mucking around and suddenly go and chicken them and your alsos are naked. There's a situation once when one of my girls, when she was very young, was naked with my boss's son. They were just like paying in a kitchen together and I was like, ah, what did we do?
Speaker 4: It is infectious because now Gordy's always getting naked.
Speaker 5: You should get naked too. So he's naked with him.
Speaker 4: His cousin is a year older than him, was around over the weekend and because Gordy wants to get naked, Leroy wants to get naked as well. And then they're running around in circles around the house. We're both naked, we're both naked.
Speaker 5: You need to join them get naked.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: All the six word weekends coming in great reunion with friends in Sydney.
Speaker 5: There's some Adam listened to us in camera. Good morning Adam crashed into a parked car. Oops. I hope you didn't say that to them. Oops. How do you do that? Rand had the crunchiest potato cake ever. That's Tara it. Do you like them?
Speaker 4: Crunchy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the one star of the weekend. It's still there on a Monday. Crunchy potato Okay, people on the water cool who are gonna ask you?
Speaker 5: Taran? You're ready to go very crunchy potato ca. They're all going to go, oh, where'd you go? Where was it? Do let us know? Tara and Croydon uh go dogs. Great stuff from Tony. He's up and about. It's all in block capitals as well for some reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, you beat the kangaroos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh Court Pokemon walked too much? That's from Las.
Speaker 6: We're asking you to tell us the story of your weekend and six words played with happy childlike wonder.
Speaker 5: Lovely?
Speaker 4: Is that the Pokemon else?
Speaker 5: That's somebody else?
Speaker 6: This is somebody else's weekend. Aliens, fun saved rescue dog celebrated. Did you rescue the dog from the aliens? And then you and the dog are celebrating. I need to know about Bev. I hope everything's right, BEV. Someone trying to break in, I hope everyone's all right, Bev all right. So my six word weekend is Perrington never gets any easier. I'm now in a situation where I've been a dad for a very long time, twenty years. I've got a twenty year old daughter and a seventeen and a couple of months time soon to be eighteen year old daughter.
Speaker 5: I just presumed it would start to shift and become a lot easier because of all that incredible twenty year experience. Just think about this. If you've been doing one job for twenty years, you should be very good at it by now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a veteran.
Speaker 5: Also, the weekend a learning.
Speaker 6: More confusion, more arguments, more damn it, just getting it wrong. It becomes more complicated in very very different ways. When they start to become adults. They don't want your advice anymore, and you don't quite know where you are in this new dance. Okay, it's almost like my wife and I have been fired now as full time parents, and we're struggling with that. And you're more or less now some kind of consultant. And like a consultant, you've got vastly reduced hours and they don't really need to take any of your findings or research. So at the weekend we saw my my twenty year old daughter and she lives away from home now, she's at university and she's with a boyfriend, and we said, you know what you're gonna doing over Christmas in New Year?
Speaker 5: She said, oh, well, we're thinking about going.
Speaker 6: Traveling in Cambodia. And that's why I'm afraid to say that I didn't go.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you've done lots of research because you're twenty and I see and recognize that I went Cambodia. Is it even safe? Oh my, got a third world country? What if something goes wrong? That's literally I said, And then that was the splits And I'm an adult now, I don't need your advice.
Speaker 5: And she's completely right. So yeah, they're going to perhaps they're going to Cambodia.
Speaker 6: It is a great came saying this, are you eight or nine years time going to Cambodia, they won't have an amazing time.
Speaker 4: What scares me about Cambodia, though, what.
Speaker 5: Are you scared about?
Speaker 4: Well, they have the reassurance it is a beautiful country. I've been there before. But they have a whole lot of unexploded landmine still in the country. They actually do, and so it's people's jobs to go around and still find where the lane.
Speaker 5: Tell whose job it is, it's not my twenty year old.
Speaker 6: I didn't get her this far to looking for unexploded I'm not even going to tell my wife what you told me. This is actually the least reassuring thing you've ever said to me. You're actually saying you should be really scared.
Speaker 4: I think they're all the ones in the city. They obviously got those now. But you know, if she's walking around in the pastures.
Speaker 6: And they want to go exploring, they want to go to Anger what they want to go and see the temples and explore the meet Con river.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 6: My wife and I had one those chats for an hour in the dark, you know where the light goes out, and I could tell my wife needed to talk about it a lot more.
Speaker 5: And I actually you're right, she goes Cambodia. We ever sleep in the darkness from your wife? Oh?
Speaker 6: Any wait till she hears Wait, we didn't know about the land mines, unexploded landlights. No, no, So anyway, yesterday evening I was my wife and I were talking about, you know what, how do we best be now?
Speaker 5: Now she's twenty.
Speaker 6: We've got to understand that, you know, it's it's difficult, and you're all trying to work out this sort of new territory they're in.
Speaker 5: You're in stuff like this.
Speaker 6: And I started to go on lines as to look at her, and there was a couple of very interesting articles, and then I saw they were all recommending this book. I ordered a book yesterday and it's about doing life with your adult children. It's actually called Keep your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mats Out.
Speaker 5: What I was like, I should have read this Friday before the whole Cambodia. Is it even safe? What a great title, keep your Mouth Shut and the Welcome Mate Out. That's great advice.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian, I've been idling along the corder for ninety minutes, not happy, chan Christian Cambodia is an amazing place. I've been to all the places you mentioned and they are all safe. Well listen, thank you very much. I will pass it on to wife. Can you give me a very detailed map of the exact paths you're talking of like that, and if you saw any land mines please mark that on the after Jack has literally.
Speaker 5: Aged me in one phase. What they do have there is about not reading the room. I mean unexploded land that was.
Speaker 4: I did go about eight years ago, so they probably have. I've got them.
Speaker 5: And all the tourist posters.
Speaker 6: Now it's their trading thing, isn't It's like the Nike just do it those landmines, but then it goes to Capitol's gone. That was eight years ago, not anymore.
Speaker 5: All right? Sign for this week's Misheard Lyrics.
Speaker 6: It's just another Misheard Monday, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. Every Monday on the Misheard Lyrics, we plea back your songs and if you think you're mishearing something, and we agree, you will hear this if we don't hear the misheard lyric And for the really great ones, Hall of Fame, all right, instant Hall of Famer last week for this one from John Farnham to share with Dr Chen Stephanie's actual doctor, Doctor Chen appearing in a fancy song.
Speaker 5: I love that one. That is one of my favorites.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into the brand new misheard lyrics nath Christian. It sounds like Dave Grant has a grudge against someone in Food Fighters. My hero, there goes my hero. He's ordinary's the original line? Or is Dave singing there goes my hero? Suck it Mary?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's a great one. There goes my hero, suck it Mary. That's a great one.
Speaker 6: All of word are Naith Ryan has got plans by Birds of Tokyo.
Speaker 5: You know this doesn't feel right? Or is it? You know fish don't feel right? It is there? Well done. Joel has got this on posts Malone. I had some help or is it I had some milk? These people here there is actually you heat melt. I had some milk.
Speaker 4: I got it the first time.
Speaker 5: Go again?
Speaker 6: Yeah, back, Jody's got this. Phil Collins behind the lines is written in the book. Or is it? She's an incompoop? See I'm hearing that one. Yeah, she's an incompoop. She's an incompoop.
Speaker 5: He breaks it down.
Speaker 4: She's a.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 5: It was not Sundy. She's an InCom poop.
Speaker 4: I haven't warming to it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, one more. I'll give you the benefit of doubt, Jody. I'm hearing it.
Speaker 6: You hear it, listener, text me over seven five three one o four three. You hear InCom poop in this sadly It's always been a lot of the times. Now with the Miss Hurdler, it's the last one, is the unsavory one. Brad King has got this one. You two mysterious ways, a great song. You're sliding down shibby there? Or is it you're sliding down she peede there? Maybe a young child on a slide that Bono once saw.
Speaker 5: No doubt there, there's no hell there dead, It's there, Brad.
Speaker 6: All right. If you've got any more brand new Miss h lyrics, whenever you hear them, email me directly. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Look Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Good one hear William tease Christian. I've been to Cambodia three times. A good mate lived there for three years. Another mate has just moved there. None of us have ever been blowing up? Thank you so much, thank you, this is great news. And Cale, what is amazing your talk and a boyfriend will over there Bill in Werribee.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. A little bit more reassurance than old mate here in the studio.
Speaker 4: Hey, I didn't blow up in Cambodire as well.
Speaker 5: You're right. It's such good news in the non blowing up stakes. That's lovely stuff. Alrighty, righty, righty, righty. Let's do it. Then.
Speaker 6: Last week we're talking about and giving away VIP passes to the Melbourne Royal Show and Melbourne Royals Show, the kids go crazies like catnip for Gibbs. It's all about the showbag. Why can't us middle aged people right have fun to with a bag? So we're asking for your ideas for and we aren't going to do this. By the way, if we had a midlay showbag, what should go in there? We had so many calls every day last week. Over the weekend, we put all the whittled all the various items into twenty different things and we let you vote over the weekend and we now have your votes for the middle Ay showbag.
Speaker 5: Mild countdown it's not the hot one hundred. It's the March twenty. You've had your say.
Speaker 6: You voted what middle aged items have to go into our middle aged showbag? At twenty with one percent of the votes, it's the humble shoehorn.
Speaker 4: I agree with that. I'm not using the shoehorn rutch the dog poo bags coming at number nineteen with one and a half percent of the vote.
Speaker 6: As mid ay starts to grow within you, seedlings and the matters in the garden. I was buying top soil for the first time in my life over the weekend and patting it around a lemon tree. This is my life now, and worrying about Cambodia and expode landmine.
Speaker 4: What flower seeds did you buy again? Aga panthers?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't get them. I've got some other ones that've got like a purple face.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even know which one.
Speaker 4: When they bloom this by this time next to you, when they're blooming.
Speaker 5: The gardens in bloom, Jackie boy, what's at seventeen?
Speaker 4: The toothpick and pixtures. Pixtures those little toothpick pros essentially with a brush on the end of them. At one point eight percent of.
Speaker 6: The vote, taking two point one percent of your votes for the midle aged show bag items.
Speaker 5: I Kia food bag clips from one.
Speaker 4: Clip to another at fifteen, the clothes peg at fourteen.
Speaker 6: I don't know who called him with this one. Why do you want a middle Ay shot back with nice toilet paper?
Speaker 5: No one. Listen, middle Age, you're not soining yourself out.
Speaker 4: You probably buy middle Age. You respect the difference.
Speaker 6: You do quality, touch and fil as my blood words at this age. Now what's at thirteen.
Speaker 4: At two point six percent of the vote was the lint roller.
Speaker 6: I thought they'd be hindh At twelve breaking up your Mayo fascial stuff and soft tissue release the spiky ball.
Speaker 4: And number eleven gave ascon.
Speaker 5: We're breaking into the top ten. We're into the top ten.
Speaker 6: Now, Midlay Showbag essential items at ten standing strong three point seven percent of all of your thousands and millions of votes.
Speaker 5: Bigger than the logis the garden kneeling pad. Yep.
Speaker 4: These are the items where you start to get really excited about the showbag.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: At number nine, crossword puzzle book had.
Speaker 6: A sneaky feeling it would go in exercise the brain, the mines.
Speaker 5: At eight, a pen five percent of you on voting. How can the pen be out of the ahead of the lint roller?
Speaker 6: I demand a recount, stop the votes, as Trump one says, what's at seven.
Speaker 4: Just ahead of the pen on five and a half percent of your votes?
Speaker 6: Tweezers, what's essential for every mum nan arm tie tissues? They've always got tissues ready to wipe some food from your face.
Speaker 5: Little Johnny, that's at number.
Speaker 4: Six, Top five, Now this is the big stuff, the double A and triple A batteries.
Speaker 6: Entering into the top four at four, grippy jar openers with a huge seven point six percent of your votes.
Speaker 4: And number three, I can't believe it's this high spectacle wipes.
Speaker 8: I can.
Speaker 5: You're right, everyone does, everyone does, or if you know you will, you will.
Speaker 6: All right, we're into the top two essential items in our middle aged showbag. You've had your sake at two one zero point one percent of all of orvios. Hundreds of you demand do we put this in? It is essential for us middle aged folk. Heat pack.
Speaker 5: Stick it in the microwave and heat relief is coming to you.
Speaker 4: The perfect herrying to the heat pack. At number one, you have voted this your most essential middle age item at fifteen percent of the votes. Volta and Cream get in.
Speaker 5: It's a strong double a side, isn't it? The heat pack and the Voltaire and Cream. All right, you had to say thank you very much for all your votes.
Speaker 6: This week we will start to give away these dream prizes are Midlag showbags.
Speaker 5: This is the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Podcasts already started. The underwhelming presence Father's Day takes up. It's in the supermarket yesterday getting a trolley almost walked into the small random stand by the trolleys moms don't have a stand by trolley's and the sterile white machine as well, and that's where it.
Speaker 5: Was about an option of five Father's Day cards.
Speaker 6: I was like, here we go again. And then I saw about this to my family yesterday. They were like, oh yeah, yeah, when you think about your Father's Day, what do you want to do?
Speaker 5: What do you want to do? Said? The owners shouldn't be on me on that one day? Have energy? What do you want to do with it? Do you have to do? Do you want it? And my mom said do you want to go out? So that's some stuff either table or something watch TV and not talk.
Speaker 6: You'll see it next time. Me in the supermarket this week you'll see that crappy old standards. There five random cards, the old racing car, the old tennis racket, a cricket ball, some old knaked leather share and this is who you are one.
Speaker 5: Of these three. It's the archetypes laid out for you. Tell you mother, I was going to kick it over. I'm so much more than this. I contain multitudes. All right, cool? Well we today?
Speaker 6: All well, last week it was vvip tickets to the Melbourne Royal Show. Another great price. Today the Keys Leisure censer go bowling on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that would actually be for me.
Speaker 5: Two hundred dollar.
Speaker 6: Two hundred and fifty dollar voucher includes food and breatherges have a bowling, any cheeseburger and fizzy drink on the show, compliments of the Keys Leisure Center in Preston.
Speaker 5: To book your lane, head to the Keys dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: All right today, then we're looking because new Netflix show that Patsy told us about that Christall Worby Love Gone, our husband is enjoying on Netflix.
Speaker 5: You can tell he's recovering from surgery. Probably still high on drugs. One really good shot Inside the Mind of a Dog. None of us and I have two dogs, and I love my dogs.
Speaker 6: None of us has ever been sat wondering what's going on in their heads because they are so transparent with the car keys. You put a shoe on, They're like, we're going out for a walk. I love it, Marston when we go another walk.
Speaker 4: Number two doesn't need to be a Netflix show, that's sure.
Speaker 3: Oh you're both a bit flat earthy because.
Speaker 5: It's actually very interesting.
Speaker 3: Wow, wait, very interesting?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, this is interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Dogs have sixteen different facial expressions.
Speaker 5: Dogs are constantly communicating with us. They haven't got sixteenth.
Speaker 6: Murrican tops is three. They did that head that sort of tiltless sign. That's one of them.
Speaker 5: TikTok, all right today.
Speaker 6: Then we're looking for other dog TV shows, not just Inside the Mind of a Dog to the TV show into a.
Speaker 5: Dog TV show. What are the dogs watching with those sixteen facial expressions? Not law in order? No, it's a crime. Se excuse me, crime? So dog? How I met your mother's good show is nip?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What about how I humped your mother's legs?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: Gold, I love great Australian bacof a new series is all Dogs. That's right.
Speaker 5: It's a great Australian Barkoff Silver plus.
Speaker 6: Another cop show one now Starsky and Husky Bronze Smart Dogs. What about this is topical Larry just winning the well deserved logo. Yeah, the chase, the melmur am I right of post Silver and another one now they're protecting Australia the dogs.
Speaker 5: Oh they do every day, that's right. Bought a college security.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gold, I haven't brought a coil, Jackie boy, what have you got shitsos Creek?
Speaker 5: Oh, very good.
Speaker 4: The fetch Prince of bel Air.
Speaker 5: That's also gold, who's a good boy?
Speaker 4: Swallows Universe gold as well.
Speaker 5: He's been practicing better this time for the week in front of that mirror.
Speaker 4: And the undred with Andy Lee and you would might know I had a few.
Speaker 5: No, that's not a Gold LOGI there for you or Andy.
Speaker 2: But Christian Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 6: Time Wastter Aveston show two hundred and fifty dollars to go bowling, food and drink on us at the Keys Bowling Alley impressed them to don the time waste. So we're asking you to share your dog TV shows with us turn of TV show to a dog TV show.
Speaker 5: Marcus has got How I Met Your Mongrel? Silver, Napaus.
Speaker 6: Gold, very good, Hannah third Rock Viler from the Sun, Silver, Greyhound's Anatomy, the Silver Puss, Jack Russell Reacher Bronze, gimme a bones gold hell or.
Speaker 5: No heel Oh that's very good. But Mark Brooklyn k.
Speaker 6: Nine gold that's very good too. When unpeaked the Big Band furry Bronze. That's good Big band instead of theory furry.
Speaker 4: That is actually pretty good.
Speaker 5: Silver the Dash Indians.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 5: The Dash Indians is very good. Lee Connin's well done. Home Impoundments silver, Wolf Creek.
Speaker 6: Bron Farmer wants a kelpie silver and barking bad Oh, that's song.
Speaker 5: Craig, all right, who's going bowling?
Speaker 4: Let's give it a Craig for barking bed well done.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: And I told the months of that it's gonna be heading to Spotlight getting their kids outfits a ready this week for the great thing that is book week the week can we ask you what are you getting kids already? As this week Sophie, I requested my favorite costume all time a few years ago. I want to be the dancing two man you see outside car dealerships.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm blowing in the wind there, ben over in half. Sometimes there's not enough wind.
Speaker 4: Loved book character, Yeah, well.
Speaker 6: Known fiction here, that's where those literally sa rates are in the gutter. My aunt came through with an epic costume of exactly that, using one of those concertina cat tunnels.
Speaker 5: Actually very good.
Speaker 6: My son was Dave Grohl last year from Jennie b well known childress author David roll Well.
Speaker 3: He has written a biopography.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry for book week Stephanie Christian. This week my daughter who's eight, is going in as Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. Jason. My twelve year daughter has made a grue costume. I suspect it is a pointed to officially make her friends are minions.
Speaker 5: Sarah.
Speaker 6: After forcing my son to dress up as the Mandalorian the past three years, saves money in buying a new costume each time. Is this is a this year not to go Superman?
Speaker 4: Okay? So the book book like me? Sadly, Yeah, Mandalorian. The books are out the windows. You just go as anything there.
Speaker 5: It should be straight to bookweek, a bookweek? So what are your kids going out? What have you gone as? Jack? What did you got?
Speaker 4: I went one year as the troll under the bridge from the Billy Goats graph Oh wow. Another year I was a Stingray. I'm not sure what book I was from.
Speaker 5: And he would make the outfit mumble dand or she could have doing it. She was good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'll get a photo of the sting Ray.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what about the troll? How did you do that under the bridge? Do you have like a little trid at the fork? And I did?
Speaker 4: And I had a bridge on my head going across made out of cardboard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a full Lady Gaga outfit. That is perhaps you do that?
Speaker 3: Or yeah we did that? Way stop it. I didn't Mother Hubbard one one year I remember, but I can remember very well because I turned up to school and I was a week early. It was actually the week later, and I burst into tears because no one else was dressed up.
Speaker 5: So Mum had Mother Hubbard.
Speaker 3: I think I had like a black sort of like a you know, like a like a servants sort of. I don't know why I think that all that's all Mum had in the cupboard was this black with lace, you.
Speaker 5: Know that, and like a white bonnet book.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast