Speaker 1: Can you just give us a clap? Just no, you got at the point is this is not?
Speaker 2: This is not and I repeat it.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to two doting parents today. I am Ash and we have April. For those of you who don't know, April is my wife, uh and the mother of my children, believe it or not. And she's filling in for our friend Mattie Jay who is still in the jungle. This is a parenting podcast. It's all about the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 3: Is that what you say?
Speaker 1: No relatable?
Speaker 3: Relatable?
Speaker 1: Do you even listen? You definitely don't listen, do you? I know, I do, I do? I do catch you giggling away? Yeah, favorite episode.
Speaker 4: I did thoroughly enjoy the one where we did all four of us?
Speaker 1: What about whipper oh?
Speaker 4: That actually that was my favorite guest episode for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I told you that.
Speaker 1: You did tell her that. Well, let's start with last night. You and I did a live stream goggle Box style, not as an audition, with Matt's food eating challenge. Do you recall I do recall.
Speaker 4: I recall you asking me when I was mid work and I was agreeing to it without realizing what I was agreeing to.
Speaker 3: So thanks for that.
Speaker 1: I strategically I didn't even ask you. I told you and you were like mid email, yeah and you were like that fun. Yeah yeah. And then I've left for the day, yeah come back and said you ready, and you were like, fuck, what do we do it?
Speaker 4: Well? I actually had a couple of girlfriends screenshot what two doting dad's share and I was like, what's this happening? Was this?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh my gosh, what is happening? What if I agreed to?
Speaker 1: Whoops?
Speaker 3: But no, it was fine in the end. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good. It was fun to watch Matt suffer this. Maddie did alright. So first of all, Maddie did the trial at Tucker Trial with Reggie and Max. Max is the TikToker and Reggie is going blind.
Speaker 3: I think she's more than that, she's a mum.
Speaker 1: She's going blind. Thoughts on the food initially, do you know what?
Speaker 3: I feel like they've done worse things in the jungle.
Speaker 1: I saw a heap of comments on the Tiktoks like the UK it must be UK people being like UK people, the people from the UK saying oh this is way worse than the UK one. This is way worse like it was, like it was better.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think when you've got the liquid, like there was a smoothie, there was a cappuccino, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like that would be a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they used to do a lot well, I think because they used to exploit more animals.
Speaker 3: But now Robert irwins, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So first one they had was the bed bugs. Are they really bed bugs? They're huge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not bed bugs, but to be fair, they did look a little bit like oats. So I feel like if he just changed his mindset, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Actually munths do that pretty quick. The next one he had was the crapper Chino. It looks like a delicious frape of some description mickfraffe, if you, if you will, a re sponsored by McDonald's, no lambtungue and esophocus with sour milk thoughts, and we've got one here for you know that.
Speaker 4: I just wonder how they can drink that and not get sick later? Like how much is it, truthfully what they're saying. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: You call conspiracy. I like it, Matt said, and two quote Matt, it tastes like I'm eating shit, perfect good it be used to it. And then the last one was a combined meal they all ate, which was a Brecky bowl, which Man and I quite often when we do record eat a Brecky bowl from the cafe down the road. So he would have been stoked when this came out. It has horse anus, chicken heart, beef tripe, and liver.
Speaker 4: What surprised me in this one is the fact he chose the anus.
Speaker 1: He openly chose anhole.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know what was the last one? The chicken, liver, beef tripe. What, Oh, that's the one that looked like avocado. Yeah, imagine that's sliding down your gallot easier. The horse as looked a little bit like a dim sim. It did, actually, I was thinking dim.
Speaker 1: Dim sim, dim sim, dim sim, And that probably was moist enough to swallow it all.
Speaker 3: I think it was a dim sim.
Speaker 1: So would that mean that he'd poop out an asshole out of his arsehole?
Speaker 3: You could say that?
Speaker 1: Very good? I thought they did really well. They got all thirteen stars. Third, yeah, they got all thirteen stars, which surprisingly you did recall when we gave Matt a Sentry egg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was hidering how much he failed at that. I'm actually surprised.
Speaker 1: I did better than him. He ate the eel really well. But the Century egg was like a dirty pond. And they brang one out for Max last night, and they looked like they poached it.
Speaker 3: It looked like it had a coating of some sort of flavor.
Speaker 1: It didn't look like the one we had. Ours was still yours was brown. It was in the shell still such I think they might have cooked cooked it. So Jess potentially our produceder put us at risk with a raw Sentry egg. So God was still here. Anyway, I thought they did really well. They didn't considering We did call Laura and Marley midway through the challenge. Marley was still awake, Yeah, and she thought it was discussed as you would, but she was holding up compared to the first time, where she cried a lot.
Speaker 3: That's true the first time she watched him.
Speaker 1: I feel like she's sort of used to him now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably watched him every night now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enough of that. Just go and vote for Matt please. As much as I want him back, I'm enjoying these episodes where he's not here I get to look at April, which it's my lucky day, April. I do want to start with one thing with you. If I want to ask you something and what your thoughts are Oscar and Poppa's relationship. Describe it for me. How would you describe it?
Speaker 4: Popper is Oscar's slave, if anything, best friend who's a slave.
Speaker 1: Just describe what you saw this morning. For those it is school holidays. Poppa is April's dad, Frank, and he looks after Oscar on a Wednesday during a school holiday, and today's Wednesday, and he picks him up from our place.
Speaker 4: April was I was driving up back home because I dropped Macy off and I drove past Papa and Oscar and there's Oscar, window down all the way down, the breeze in his hair, with his arms behind the back of his head, just looking out the window on his way living.
Speaker 1: His absolute grapes. Yeah, he looked like he looked like royalty. He's got he is the first grandchild. He's got first grandchild syndrome where he gets everything he wants right. And parents out there will agree that their kids grandparents just spoil the shit out of them. I mean, as they should really, But like with Oscars, it's mental.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's next level what that guy gets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also Macy. Papa always just carries Macy everywhere like a trophy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like he just her feet can't touch the.
Speaker 1: Girl when we're when we're at his place, her feet do not touch the ground. He's either holding her, she's asleep on him, or she's sitting up on a kitchen bench.
Speaker 4: And he always serves her up chocolate milk in a bottle.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's a lucky gout the warm. Even Oscar though, gets the warm chocolate milk. And I look over he's eating a Lamington. Yeah, he's going for ten swims a day. He's just living his absolute best life.
Speaker 3: He's a lucky boy. They're both are very lucky.
Speaker 1: So I'm fully expecting Oscar to come back with all of his bad habits.
Speaker 3: He comes back so moody.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's never tired.
Speaker 3: No, the kid doesn't tire.
Speaker 1: He doesn't tire. So how do your parent that when he gets he's full of sugar. Yeah, he's angry. He's a roid head, that's what he is. Maybe you should take him to the gym. Yeah, probably, he needs to do something. Maybe should get like a treadmill.
Speaker 4: Treadmill just put it's like a little hamster wheel for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cute, we could always I mean, how do you reverse We have told Popper, but Popper lies.
Speaker 4: I think we're just so grateful that we have Popper to take him for a whole day, if not two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mind it. I don't really want to tell him, yeah, because then he'll.
Speaker 4: Be like, well, also, it makes Poppa's life so much easier.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to run around after him.
Speaker 1: And he's just a bad hips and stuff. So when he gets home, what we'll do, and I think what we do is we just go no screen time, get the puzzles out, see how we go with that, and hopefully goes to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree.
Speaker 1: It's the worst when he naps as well in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you know he's awake for five more hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Remember when we were living in the old house and a couple of times he get home, Popper would come and drop him off and he was asleep in the car and it's like five o'clock and you're like, God's sake, ruin the rest of the night anyway, But yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's I think it's a hard one to c don't know what to do because you want to you want to tell Poppa.
Speaker 3: Don't do this, don't do that.
Speaker 4: But then it's like you're so grateful that to take just do whatever whatever makes everyone happy at the time.
Speaker 1: Sometime, look, I'm guilty of sometimes still just doing the easy way out. I think we all are.
Speaker 4: I've seen you and you're hungover days passing out the phone.
Speaker 3: We're not so perfect parents, after all.
Speaker 1: I know I do what Yeah, when I'm a bit hung I'm like anything goes anyway. I wanted to touch on that because I thought it was really funny this morning that you witnessed Oscar in full Prince Oscar Popu, the chauf for and he. The thing is that today, like we don't see him all day until this afternoon, so I would assume that he he would he would have like a little bell An popa and he'll come home with all these new toys, or he would have eaten far too much chocolate and ice cream.
Speaker 3: And watch way too much YouTube, which we say now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just everyone listening. April and I have implemented the no YouTube rule in this house because he gets so aggressive. He turns into like a roid rager after like, what is it about YouTube? Is it just the algorithm of YouTube that just gets him riled up?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But in saying that, Macy, I don't think it affects as much, but Oscar it affects.
Speaker 1: He turns into Oscar the Grouch, like it's his alter ego after watching YouTube. So we've banded in the house except for drawing videos, which we're fine with, and they've got to be on the TV. Yeah, no single screens anymore. We've changed.
Speaker 4: Ye who would people used to say, like, gotta get rid of it, gotta get rid of it, and we're like, hello.
Speaker 1: So easy. But I've noticed his mood is better. They do sleep better, I would say, because I used to wake up going, oh whats YouTube? Like it was like now they wake up they did a puzzle this morning before doing a.
Speaker 3: Five years in.
Speaker 1: He's about to go to school where they have nothing but iPads. Now, little you had a couple of evenings out last week. I did, you did? I had the bath duties to do when you were gone, dinner, bath, bedtime, routine into bed. That seems pretty.
Speaker 3: Straightforward, you'd think so what happened.
Speaker 1: So we completed the bath routine. We've gone through, like I just said, the third the bath, and then I put them to bed. I've come out here to finally relax, and you know, they share a room, so they chatter. Whatever, it's not a really big deal. I turned the hallway light on accidentally, and I tried to turn it off, and you know what Macy's like, once I turn a light and just leave it on for some reason, in as intrusive as that light is, and I wasn't gonna argue. I was like whatever. Anyway, they hear him talking, hear him talk, and then I hear this daddy, and I was like, go to sleep, just like we're doing a live stream last night. Go to sleep, don't make me come in there, all the usual, and then Macy's like daddy, like they were scared of something. Oh no, and I was like, what the fuck. So I've walked up there and I've gone like, what is it? Like, I'm over at this stage, I've been in bed for like half an hour, still not a sleep, what is it? And they're like that on the ground. So the light has lit up over the top of a toy. Oh that's created a bigger shadow. I'll show you the toy.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've all witnessed that as a child, thinking something was massive.
Speaker 3: We still witness that as adults. You think, is that my coat?
Speaker 4: Is that the what's the boogie monster?
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out what they were trying to trying to tell me, They're pointing down, pointing down, and there was a shadow of like a dog like figure, but like an angry dog like figure, and I thought, he's not in here. He's the family dog for those I don't know. And I looked down and I was like, what is making that shadow? And it was about two foot shadow, pretty big. Oh my gosh, look at that. It's a tiny little lego. It's a centimeter in size, but it's created this shadow that scared the shit out of them. So I had to I was like, look, this is it, this is it, trying to explain like, don't be scared anyway. I then had to spend the next five to ten minutes check in the whole room for creatures. So I'm under the bed, I'm in the cupboard, I'm behind the curtains. Check the next room over, check our room, check the hallway, no other creatures. And I was like, tomazic, can I turn that light off now? And she was so happy for me to turn that light. Turn it. That's it very cute. It's very very cute. Intil it's a three foot shadow of it. Anyway, Anyway, I have something to show you because we have been trying the last couple of weeks, Laura and I we were talking about potty training for Macy, and Macy is she's potty training to wi, but she's still poops in a nappy. And it got me thinking about if we took the nappy off, because Laura's advice was get rid of the nappy, no undies. I listened, Yeah, which I think is very we haven't followed because Macy's loving her underpants. Yes, she was weaning and I know that much. And I was like, okay, well and she's going to start to pooh with no undies on what's that going to look like for us?
Speaker 4: I think that theory of no underpants is for weeeze. I think when it comes to poohs, they definitely know the dest want.
Speaker 1: To continue that. What would it look like if we went cold Turkey? And I've got to found a video. Oh I think I know what it would look like, and I'll show you the shit just really pissed me the fuck off, because why the fuck would you sit in my sht in her shoe? No, look at that thing. Surely that's a dog shit. That is not. That is not it has got human consistency.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: My fear is that if we take Laura's advice, that's gonna happen. And do you know what would be worse is if you were you didn't know, and you went and put the shoe on.
Speaker 4: This is true, but I feel like if anyone's shoes are going to get shut on in this household, it's yours mine and neatly put away every day.
Speaker 1: Put away bullshit.
Speaker 3: If I spotted, oh yeah, a shoe, I dare you?
Speaker 1: I dare you? All fine?
Speaker 4: One yeah, point proven, I have picked up your shoes before. You're not perfect once.
Speaker 3: In a blue moon.
Speaker 1: Maybe what was destminding against me? All right? She would poop in my shoes? No, she would she would poo in your slipper or something, which honestly, I only got new slippers. Now your old slippers would be.
Speaker 3: In the old slippers. I don't wear them anymore.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that my worst nightmare is to find, like, not be able to find the poop oh.
Speaker 4: It's like, there's nothing worse than stepping on dog pooh when yeah, stepping on human pool, stepping on human probably worse that squished between you to I want to imagine imagine.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not, April. I did warn our listeners that you would be on and I did ask them for some questions to ask you. We've got a couple because we could be here all day asking you questions. A lot of people want to know about your diet over that for those who don't know what we're talking about. April I went on a holiday and April got a photo with a stomach out and she had a very are the evidence six pack that no one knew about. Here's a six pack and a lot of the internet went crazy and a lot of people were saying, what is how did you do that? How did you do that? And she said, what did you say?
Speaker 4: Abs are made in the kitchen, babes? That was my exact quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what should go to ab me? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm no qualified person.
Speaker 4: I do not. I'm very balanced in the sense I will eat like a healthy.
Speaker 3: Meal, but then I'll be more than.
Speaker 4: Happy to have an ice cream after it. KFC, it's balanced. There's no strict diet.
Speaker 1: Somehow I've managed to mention McDonald's and Singer in this episode. We'll take either one anyway. We'll get into these questions. I've just got two.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that only two people asked?
Speaker 1: No? Thank you for all the listeners. That and April has ready questions and if there's anything that she feels like responding to, she will. But there was two that we thought otherwise we'd be here all day. We're going to let the people get back to their days.
Speaker 3: Enough.
Speaker 1: This one's Bree. I would love to know how she handles conversations with Ash about sharing the parenting workload plus life admin in your eyes, how do you think we handled it?
Speaker 4: Didn't come easy, but I think where our communication had to improve, and one major factor of that is getting a Google Family calendar. Yeah that is a game changer. Well for me anyway, You've.
Speaker 1: Done nothing but coach me for twelve months on how to use this fucking calendar, and I look, I've gotten better, you have, I have gotten better. The life admin revolves around that calendar in terms of the parenting workload pretty split.
Speaker 4: Well. To be honest, I don't look like that. I feel like I'm okay to do what I can do because obviously I work from home, so I have more time if you're running out of the door. I also think again, with the open communication, I don't have any issue being like Ashton, can you do this?
Speaker 3: Do you do you think I do this? Or Ashton, can you get up and do this for me?
Speaker 1: No? I think you're more passive than that.
Speaker 3: I'm kind. I'm not passive.
Speaker 1: No, you're more like it would be nice.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's your persona on me.
Speaker 3: I know that's your persona of me online, but in your life, I'm actually like, hey, could you do this?
Speaker 1: Do you exactly? I am not like I am not like that. I'm not like the person like, hi, darling, can you please help me with it? No, you're not. You don't so you're not as direct as you think you are. Oh, really pretty direct, But like there are sometimes where you're half in PLF trying to get my attention to be like I'm working over here, get up and help me without actually doing it until I'm like, do you need help and like, yeah, good up, help me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I do feel like I also feel like we've come to like an understanding like if someone's doing chores around the house, someone else can be on the kid judy, Oh yeah, refereeing sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very rarely, like I see other couples have the argument where it's like I thought you were watching them, or you know, I thought you were watching him, especially when something happened. Yes, I mean, we've got you know, so much backyard now we aren't used to. We're sort of like, all right, well, if you're out there watching them from the balcony and they're doing their thing, then it sort of gives me a queue to be like quickly tidy up what they've done in here, especially if it's around dinner time, which it usually is, and then someone you'll sit out there, I'll come back and forth and clean them up or whatever, or vice versa. Usually, like it's unspoken that like unless the place is like already clean and dinners in the oven, there's not much more I can do than sometimes I can just sit out with you and watch as well, or I will sit here or vice versa.
Speaker 4: I love how you're always sitting. You're like, i'll sit here, I'll sit there.
Speaker 3: I'll sit here.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't often sit. Shut up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I was just giving us as a couple a compliment in that we we pick up on those cues. But I do like to sit. Yeah, it's a bad thing. Yeah, I do like this. I like to lay down even better.
Speaker 4: Than I like when you're on your phone and you're like, i'm working, I'm working.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for inspiration.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's hard because that's what you are doing for work inspiration apparently.
Speaker 1: Fuck nice.
Speaker 4: But I know, I just feel like we've kind of you know, we've been at it for five years now. I feel like we do have some sort of rhythm. Yeah, I do this, you do that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it gets thrown, sometimes it gets there's always a variable. But yeah, i'd agree with you. All Right, we move on to the next one, please, Celeste, how do you tackle conversations or conflicts with your spouse when little ears are around?
Speaker 4: Oh, I feel like that happens all the time. And I'm like, Ashton, the children are here.
Speaker 1: When have you ever said that to me?
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel like if we're talking about something because you just know oscar listening is.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I think we don't often have a stern conversation with each other in front of them very often, Like I would agree, yeah, we might have more of a conversation, like I wouldn't say heated, like a more of an adult conversation when they're asleeple they're not here, or will just take little jabs at each other but they don't understand.
Speaker 4: Or when you talk through the kids, it's like Daddy didn't want to do this.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what mummies? So Mummy let you climb onto the back of the couch. Yeah, Or you do that thing where you might be distracted and the kids are doing something and that they shouldn't be doing. You haven't quite cotton on yet, but I've like walked in and cotton and I'm like bape, yeah, oh shit, sorry, Like I'll do the same thing where I'm just like doom scrolling and they're like at each other's throats. You're like yeah, sorry, yeah, sorry, sorry, so again. I've seen couples fire up at each other in front of their kids and monkey see monkey do I think the times that I have I've raised my voice about something I'm frustrated in front of everyone. I do apologize to Oscar as well.
Speaker 3: And I was going to say the same thing.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if we've ever raised our voices, we usually come back to them and say, hey, guys, sorry, mummy and daddy, we're a little bit yeah angry just before.
Speaker 3: But we're okay now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it doesn't happen very often. What's my nose getting longer? Also, like with the swearing, I never really watch what I say. Like my man, I do a little bit more, mainly because lolamal, You're like, give me ten push ups and I can't do another push up it hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, we're terrible with swearing.
Speaker 1: I reckon, But they both know what's bad.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I feel like after we swear as well, we tell them that is a word that you can only use as an adult.
Speaker 1: Or when you're alone, right, I double down on it. No, Yeah, And like Oscar is very much like nos not to say that word, and he the times he has said it, they've been under his breath and about something I'm never I'm really like, what just no, nothing, Like he knows that he shouldn't have said it. Macy, on the other hand, she thinks it's just funny because she's at the age where she's like, oh fuck. And then Oscar's like, she did it, she did it right there.
Speaker 3: I actually caught Oscar, or not caught him.
Speaker 4: He told me the other day he said Macy said the F word, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, what, what do you mean? What did she say? And he said, yeah, shut up.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's probably all right.
Speaker 1: Buddy, Like, what about when you were the other day you were trying to get him to explain what the rude finger meant? Because who Poppa Popper? Apparently the finger oh fuck.
Speaker 4: I think he showed me, just like quietly on the side and he was like.
Speaker 3: And I was like, do you know what you're doing? And he goes.
Speaker 1: He's like yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Goes, and then like obviously put it away and he's like, yeah, Poppa, No, I don't think he said who. He's like, that's the rude finger. I was like, how do you know that? And he said, Poppa showed me.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised he threw pop a rounder the bus because he's the one he won't snitch on, because he'd be like, who gave you that? He'd be like, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's more of Oscar may have just been holding that finger up and Popper's probably corrected him, saying you can't do that around going around town.
Speaker 1: Doing all he's droving around town, not our Popper. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like our kids some like we just tell them there's a time and place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when you locked us in the bathroom and we're like now, yeah, yeah, yeah, we should do that again. Yeah, we do it with me because she just thinks it's all fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like she'll be like, I don't think she'd say anything, to be honest, Yeah, I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have to do it.
Speaker 1: We'll have to try anyway. They are the two questions we had, which I think we're pretty in depth.
Speaker 4: I was going to say there was nothing juicy or spicy about those.
Speaker 1: No, No, this one. Oh, actually there's one more from an Ash as well. Would you say you're satisfied with our love with Ashes love making?
Speaker 4: Wait, it's from Ash or anonymous?
Speaker 1: I mean it's from anonymous. On a scale of one to ten, how satisfied are you with Ashes love making?
Speaker 3: We'll take this off line, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: A needs improvement. We do a segment in April here called hack or Fak that usually one of us shows the other, but in this case, I haven't seen this and you haven't seen this, Okay, So what we're looking at here is a mum who has tried to set white noise in a child's room, but accidentally played the song from Disclosure White Noise on loop for two hours on loop.
Speaker 3: It's just been going on for two hours, the.
Speaker 1: Song that's like white noise noise, and it's like disco, very good. It worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: It's funny like with white noise. We we're a white noise house and something. Matt's never had white noise in their house or anything ever, no, and it's like like why. I said to him, why and he was like, we just never. It's the best, like the lightning, the storms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they haven't noticed it well in saying that we've had the fan on and that's probably than the white noise.
Speaker 1: But I find that like I'm so accustomed and used to it now. It's just like it's part of our house. I feel like when we lose it, I'll be sad. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they don't when they say they don't want it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like, well, hang on, we've listened to the same song, same noise, yeah, every night for five and a half years so far. It'll be the end of an era. Very good. I think that's a hack. Anything that gets a kid to sleep, I'm sweet with.
Speaker 4: It's almost as good as our two meditations competing against each other.
Speaker 1: They each Oh yeah, so April and I, along with the white noise that's in our house, April and I both have sleep music. I think we just adopted it from having the white noise on because we had we lived in units for so long with Oscar, mainly that the whole house just was like you walk into a house, it's like all the time. It's just it's like an AM radio station. And then we were like, oh, you know, do some sleep music. I think for a while there we had one where we just shared it. And then you've gone more into the meditation side. Chakras, Oh god, it's and mine's more just like piano sleep music. But the thing is your meditation lasts for an hour, it's three hours, what but the talking only last for an hour?
Speaker 4: Talking probably an hour but you're out cold in like two minutes.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's sleeping next to a dead body, and you are out. And so I've got to spend the next hour listening to this woman carry on about different energy chakras. But also I find with those those people. Also I find with people who are really into that and the chakras like me, they really in depthly describe where your chakra is, Like, no one's going to if they don't, no one's going to believe them. So here's an example. They're like, so that she's like, and you're a chakra is so in your snuf just below the breast bone, in between both pectorial muscles, slightly underneath the cartilage of the humans to listen to my meditation, that's like, why don't you just say it's in your chest? Do you think that someone's gonna be like, Okay, if it's in your chest, where is it?
Speaker 4: I'm just going to disagree with you because I quite like it.
Speaker 1: It's like they're like, okay, And also how many chakras does one person have? I've listened to it so many times that they're like, and I do go to sleep that easy. It takes me forever.
Speaker 3: And I'm listening to you're welcome you as well.
Speaker 1: And at the top of your head is your twelfth chakra. Like she's just rattling off the human anatomy. Essentially, it's great.
Speaker 3: It's all mindfulness.
Speaker 1: What you're fastest, see your story is snoring. And I'm listening to someone and being like, and You're sixth chakra is at the base of your butthole and it slightly edges up towards the shaft of your penis, and I'm like, fucking hell, how many chakra energy? And they're all energy chakras and then they finish with and if you look up, there is your final chakra hovering above you like a guiding light.
Speaker 3: Definitely doesn't say that it does directly.
Speaker 1: It must be specific to mothers.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, that far?
Speaker 1: You literally have never gotten that far. It gets to a point where it's like street noise, traffic noise, nothing will wake you except for the sound of your newborn child. And I'm like, shut up, anyway, your newborn child has fifty five chakras. Let's begin, let's begin, or it's like, now start at your head and work your way down.
Speaker 4: Just so you're saying it, maybe I should, maybe you should be the chakra talker.
Speaker 3: Maybe this doesn't work out.
Speaker 1: If this doesn't work out, then that's where let's finish, April. As much as I love having you on the podcast, we need to finish. We have a list of question that we do every week. So this comes from Shannon. How has parenting impacted your social life? With everything that comes with being a busy parent? What do you do for self care or to carve out some time for yourself? So it's kind of directed to you and me, like what we do me nothing.
Speaker 4: I think the first couple years, or even just the first year at least, it's very hard to have a social life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I find that new parents and parents of kids like that are under two and their kids aren't like just i'd say under one. And also I think like when you do have your your kids at first, you find yourself doing then things because when it passes the time and two, you can palm your baby off on your mates.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I do think it's trickier at that age.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like if you're like for us, for example, when we were you know, we wanted them to have their sleeps at a certain time, and so it's trickier.
Speaker 3: That but I feel like as they're older, like.
Speaker 4: Our kids are three and five now, and we have such a good community of friends who also have three and five year olds. So our social life is just getting everyone together at a pub, at a pub or at a house and just making it work.
Speaker 3: Kids are happy, parents are happy.
Speaker 4: But then I think also we are pretty good at managing like you going out with your friends, me, you're going out with my friends, and just making sure that you get that social cup field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think like it's I feel like it doesn't need to be one hundred percent balance because blokes go out more than women like your mum usually most of the time.
Speaker 3: Interested in going out more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as well at all also depends on your personality, but like, yeah, we're pretty good, like we neither of us take the piss. But the other also where I noticed the other day when you were going out, you were like, oh, I've got two things in two nights, and it's like that's I couldn't care less, Like as long as I know what I'm up for. If you just say to me, hey, I'm actually going to go out now, I'm like, oh, well, But like yeah, I feel like if we it's important that you go and I go, and we go separately, and then we also do the things with the kids and other because then also you know, kids, they they've got friends too, they want to socialize as well, and it's much easier to wear them out when there's a bunch of them exactly. And I love how a lot of pubs and stuff now becoming way.
Speaker 3: More family friendly. What do you do for self care?
Speaker 1: Though? What do I do? Drink? Now?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 1: You know me, I it changes so often. I feel that like I I'm on a roller coaster all the time, so I don't really know what. I don't really know what helps me self care. Sometimes I'm sometimes I'm really like motivated to you know, run and stuff, and that makes me feel good. But then sometimes I like now or I don't feel like doing anything because the things, those things make me miserable, you know, running, Yeah, running, I serve that. I paddled out. I was like, I fucking hate this, But it's just my mindset at the moment, and that's it'll come back. I just need to not be so hard on my tear personally, that's just me personally. I can't have a routine because I'm just so bored. Like it's so bored. And I'm like, if you say to me, Okay, you're gonna have to wake up at five o'clock every day as part of your routurn routine, and if you wake up at five o'clock every day, at the end of the week, you get one hundred thousand dollars, I'd be like, fuck that. I'm not getting that. That might be like, oh fucking fuck that, because it's like it's just too repetitive for me. I get bored. I don't mind. Just like a nap.
Speaker 3: True, that's a bit of self care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I nap a lot at the moment. And it might be maybe I've got chronic fatigue. I don't know, maybe, but I am enjoying that. I love it so much. When I get to nap with Macy, I love that so much, so sort of like a bond. But then it's self care and wake up and she's really happy that I'm there, and I'm happy she's going to catch you.
Speaker 4: Like when I walk past the other day and you're pretty much out cold and her little arm was on your head like resting, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I love that, love that. So that's I mean, that's that's me. What about Well, what do you do for self care? Like?
Speaker 3: I think I'm pretty good with self care?
Speaker 1: Jim is your Yeah, I notice the difference between you training and not training that day days you're not like you just you've got way more of a pep in your step when you've been to the gym. Yes, and it's not whether you're cranky or you're happy, You're just way more motivated to you know, to do anything anyway. April, before we do go again, a reminder, please vote for Maddie as much as they want him back, but you can vote for him ten days, ten times a day on a ten play app. Also, we've got a couple of calendars left. All the money from those calendars goes to Rise Up, which is to support victims of domestic violence. And on that note, April, if you've enjoyed this episode, please, I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to like the episode like itave a comment? I've actually don't know. I think I did.
Speaker 4: I think your first episode I wrote a review on Apple?
Speaker 1: Yeah, was it the one that was like this sucks? Yeah, get a real job, get a real job. We're hungry. Leave a review five stars if you can otherwise join us on socials. We have the Instagram which is two Doting Dads. We have TikTok which is two Doting Dads Believe it or not. And we have Facebook group group the Facebook group which is Shocker two Dads. That's where we streamed the last challenge and if Madison and now a challenge, maybe we'll stream it again. We'll see other than that, April, would you like to say.
Speaker 3: Them thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Goodbye bye. I need you close to Sorry, Babe, I need I don't know, hang on sorry, Jess one set. Just keep talking, just talk, Just do the.
Speaker 4: Alphabet A, B, C, D E, F G H H I, J, K, lamento, P Q R S, t u V.
Speaker 1: Very good. You will find the whole time I just wanted to.
Speaker 4: Two Doting Dad's podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 1: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestraight Islander people's today