Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Milburn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Santa's Grotto. This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, surrounded by Christmas lights and tinsel Melcolm's.
Speaker 3: Gold one oh four point three. Good morning, Friday morning. It's three minutes past six. It is our show number one hundred and twenty two and it is our last one of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Whoom.
Speaker 3: It's not good news for us, it's good news for you, dear listener. No more of us for quite a few weeks until twenty nineteen. Do you know what I found last night? Jack? First time I emailed you about possibly working to really yep? It is dated January the sixth, this year. That was it that I was asking you how you were for work and this year.
Speaker 5: Imagine how different our lives would have been. You know how my email always plays up and I always never get This.
Speaker 3: Week, I've had emails from five different accounts. It was a new Gmail one last night. They'n a top secret Hamish Nandy one the day before that.
Speaker 5: Imagine I just never got that email. And you're like, I guess he's not interested in doing anything.
Speaker 3: Next to you. Oh god, yeah, hugg you would be in that chair because he was the number two. What could have been? Hey, hey, Patsy, how are you feeling? Then, after that all ful ugly scenes yesterday towards the end of the show when you found out you've got to win that slow cooker that you were Yes.
Speaker 6: Well, I've got the shanks ready. I got two lovely, big, juicy shanks at the supermarket yesterday.
Speaker 3: You're going to package package up to send it to the listener. That's nice.
Speaker 6: I'm making Greek lamb for dinner tonight and the family is looking forward to it. And I've got a lot of love on Twitter actually as well.
Speaker 3: But I mean that's that love is the same. A lot of psychopaths get. You get these people that are serving life stretches, get all these kind of love letters. No, no, no, you're the psychopath. You know. People often write fan mail to looms, don't they. All those people serving life stretches, they get loads of fan mail.
Speaker 7: You can talk it up all you like, but that.
Speaker 3: Darmer's getting fan mail the same thing for you, Arma fan mail. It's pats I'm having a little bit of trouble seeing again. Jack at the moment because of that eye? Do you not mind the listeners? What happened at nine thirty when Old stitched out round out that she wouldn't just walk out with one of the slow cookers that were sent to the show to me.
Speaker 5: Firstly, she sent a new record of volume into a microphone.
Speaker 3: Oh broke it.
Speaker 8: And then she threw a pin in your eye.
Speaker 7: Yeah there's more where that came from.
Speaker 3: Okay threats. Yeah, stay in that unit today, Stay in your box, Patsy. So anyway, your your game that you're gonna have to play to win the slow cooker. Win Patsy's slow cook is at seven thirty this morning.
Speaker 7: All right, I do even use then, So I have to do it after for.
Speaker 3: Half an hour. It's got half an hour's worth of news. We had five thirty couple together. I don't think it's going to take that long.
Speaker 7: You're going to give me a hint what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you and I tell the listeners. At seven thirty four, Hey.
Speaker 5: Pats be honest, have you ever thought about recording one of your newsers and just replaying it a half hour later?
Speaker 7: No, Jack, I happened.
Speaker 5: Interesting she has because the same unless there's breaking news. It's kind of the same stuff in there.
Speaker 6: Really didn't know it's fresh eat It's changing, especially this time of year.
Speaker 3: With bush fires freshly baked every single day for Mama Pats's news up Coming up next, I beg Christmas Question or request Friday last one of the AAR kicking off this morning with this awesome song from Steve Earl copperhead Roll. This is Jeff wants this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three or request Friday Last Show or the year from us. All right, it's just coming on off for ten minutes past six heat. Yesterday, I don't know. What I found is I slept very easily, and sheery house will do that for you. Okay, I didn't. I didn't have any trouble going to sleep, slept very easy. However, what I found is yesterday evening I was under the misconception that the temperature might drop. No, it appeared to hang like a heavy overcoat. Yep. I found myself getting incredibly grumpy and irritable to actually, I mean really really really grumpy, and my wife just asked me to just do one small task right. The mother in law is coming tomorrow. We're going to Perth to meet her. She's they've just opened it. This direct flight from London to Australia now seventeen hours.
Speaker 8: It's the longest flight in the world.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, but it means that she's a nervous flyer. So that means that she can just get on a plane, sit on it and when she lands she is in Australia, we will be there. So we're going to be in Perth a couple of days going around Margaret River, doing a bit exploring around there and the beautiful beaches. I can't wait. Then we come back here and this week. You know what it's like, moms and daughters. It's like we are having to get ready for the queen to come. You know. It's like my mother in laways, one of those women that if you go, hey, listen, let yourself in the keys under the mat when you come in, she's mopping going the floor was disgusting, and I'll go, oh cool, thanks for that. Where's my wife for coat? Chris? I am mortified, So yes, sir, she goes, can you make up my mum's bed in the spare room now? Making your own bed is a ball a making someone else's mom my mother in law. I even said to my wife like a teenager. So even my mom my wife looked at her and went, I'm going, yeah, I'll go and do that right now. Singing didn't have It's just like kept like you know when you're over breathing and making noises to invide a soundtrack to a task, that it's just a ball ache. I was like, oh, I was just like, I'm murmuring the other word sheets, pains, heats, feeling weak and going to the light.
Speaker 7: Did you do hospital corners?
Speaker 3: I did? Yeah, I did the opposing corners and stuff like that, like you're changing your time. But it just took me about an hour to do something. She could get to take him out five minutes because I kept pausing for a breath at heat hanging in the air. I'm looking at the dog. The dog is the German shepherd dog. She's like, is this going to be a thing? How is it going to be like this? I've got like a thick coat. I can't cope with this. I'm actually thinking now we spoke yesterday that post the person that does shearing in a shed in the heat. I might take my gerant shepherdel be shit.
Speaker 6: We used to share our Marima, our first one because he was so hot.
Speaker 7: It's not a bad.
Speaker 3: Idea, yeah, but just give it a little like a rough round the neck, you know, what to do for the old ancient royal family or the Tudors, you know, like a rough round the neck. This is a brilliant song, ye know. Last Friday we were talking about the old giant cow Nickers in Perth. By the way, the kids want me to take them to.
Speaker 8: Is it a tourist attraction? Do they say where the cow is?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I've had a look at things to do on sip advice in Perth and I've looked at all that and obviously there's all these bittiful wine regioncy stunning beaches, but that cow has all the kids want to go and see. So I'm actually going to try and contact the farm today to ask if we they won't have that photo. So I am actually going to look in to see if I can track down the farmer.
Speaker 8: It's something you'll remember for the rest of.
Speaker 3: This They were like, Dad, we won it for our insta feed. We'd stars us up against Nickers the Giant Cow. Anyway, Josh in Bendigo was listening to us last week and he didn't know anything about up the Cow. And when I was saying, go and look at the photo, you need it. You know he has it as a screen safe. He can't stop looking at it every day. It's distracted him in the last seven days of work. And he wants this song for Nickers the Cow. Yeah, I'm happy to play it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're Tammy Winnett justified an ancient Josh wants that for Nickers the Cow, abow for Momoland. Producer Beck's just got me the details of where that farm is. I am going to contact the farm at Jeff Pearson to see if I can come over next week. When I swing by. It's just about nineteen minutes south. We've got a higher car. It's doable. We're driving around the air exploring it. Why wouldn't you want to go and see a mega cow? Well, my thing for my mother in law to experience, driven in the back, strapped to the roof rack or whatever. We're gonna have to chuck her in you know, and go and see a mega cow. There's something like six or eight.
Speaker 8: Can you do that thing where you put your hands over her eyes?
Speaker 5: And now open to Australia.
Speaker 3: Should have had the fair drummed into a like I did before I moved here, like all the snakes, the spiders and stuff like that, But what about a giant? Even the cows here are terrifying? All right, then here's what I want to ask right now. Then this week we've been playing a game where the chap testing your knowledge about Christmas movies have had an email from a listener and they were arguing in their office, okay, about whether die Hard is a Christmas movie. Die Hard an amazing action movie, right, and all the movies are great, but that first one with Anaan Rickman. I think he's one of the greatest movies Baddi's ever right, Alan Rickman's great in that. Do we think die Hard is a Christmas movie? Now?
Speaker 5: According to IMDb, they say it is because it's in the top one hundred Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: All yeah, And if you cast your mind back to that great Bruce Willis's movie, right, it is it's a Christmas party. The whole setting is a Christmas Party, isn't it.
Speaker 8: I actually haven't seen it. Was trying to get.
Speaker 3: Why did I send that email on January sixth? I should the EMAO should have said on January the sixth, Hey Jack, Before I even said, how do you fix the work this year? She said, have you seen any of these one thousand movies? And you got now I haven't seen them. Well, anyway, nice to catch up, Bye bye, and then find Huggy at hotmail fred Flintstone dot com.
Speaker 5: I was trying to get through that. I was trying to get through with just lying. But I don't know if it's said of the Christmas party or not.
Speaker 3: How can you have not seen it? It's such a great.
Speaker 8: Movie, you know what.
Speaker 5: I've obviously seen the bit where Alan rickmand falls off the building spoiler alert because.
Speaker 3: Spoilerer from a movie that came out in nineteen eighty eight spoiler alert, Titanic. It seems perhaps have you seen it?
Speaker 6: It's not a Christmas movie. When I think Christmas movies, I think, you know, Eggnog and Happiness.
Speaker 3: We found out the other day Philadelphia. No, but no, it's what you said at the end of the day Christmas movie starting Tom Hanks Phidelphia.
Speaker 7: I didn't say it was. The idea was you're the.
Speaker 3: One cast away. It seems happy Christmas to Wilson.
Speaker 7: No, Diehard's not in the Christmas that's something that.
Speaker 6: It's a Christmas No, it's something the whole family can sit around and watch.
Speaker 7: And I would not put ordery in front of that movie.
Speaker 3: But whether or not you stick your kid in front of it, it's not the business of this. Is it a Christmas movie? The whole setting is a Christmas party? All right? All right? Do you know how many Christmas songs feature in the movie?
Speaker 7: How many?
Speaker 5: Three good as background songs or as soundtrack? You know, like if they're at the Christmas party and it is going jingle bell rocks in the background of the scene, what background background.
Speaker 3: Are they listed on the soundtrack?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Back me up, listeners. I'm struggling at the moment. I got a guy's not seeing the movies chipping in with this. He's seen a scene from it. And someone who thinks Tom Hanks in Philadelphia is that that's a Christmas movie to make my seven year old watch nine four one four one oh four nine four one one oh four three is die Hard a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You know sometimes when school used to break and you'd have like some homework you had to do over summer, I will be setting assignments for you. Oh no, it would involve watching movies, nothing else, starting with die Hard.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's that's a good list.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a list of ten movies, okay, and one TV series that you need to watch before we reconvene.
Speaker 8: The Sopranos though, because I know that's like nine seasons long.
Speaker 3: Six and a half. Okay, all right, So asking this morning, is die Hard a Christmas movie? Patsy?
Speaker 8: You say no?
Speaker 3: I say yes because it's set entirely at Christmas, at a Christmas party, and there's a savior. John McClain, Bruce Willis is a savior.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of saviors in movies, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a savior like this coming on Christmas. Who's wise as Well's coast? Willis in a vest. We've got a Sharon's on the line.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Aaron, Good morning, Christian. How are you today?
Speaker 3: Good? And you know what, I'm glad you're calling on the last show the is so we can all we wish you a big thank you and have a great Christmas and New Year as well.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: Can I just wish all the Gold team very merry Christmas. I hope you and your family ensure your very first Christmas here in Australia.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I can't wait. We're really really looking forward to Actually, the kids are in the pool yesterday and I.
Speaker 9: Was just looking at the It wasn't a stinking hot.
Speaker 3: It was really hot than today today. He's going to get hot of us. Well, it was just it didn't drop in the evening. It just hung. That was the thing I was struggling with. Sharon.
Speaker 9: I agree with you. Christian die Hard is an action pacted Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: I always thought you're the smartest listener. We have smartest listener in Melbourne and Sharon Werriby as well.
Speaker 9: All right, Sharon, can I but can I just say Jack, you've had it a poor childhood because you want you haven't seen a lot of movies and you have to watch die Hard.
Speaker 8: It's on the list assignments.
Speaker 3: Very good, all right, Sharon, take care mate, Bye, have a good day.
Speaker 11: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Michelle. Yeah, Hi, Michelle die Hard Christmas movie Yes.
Speaker 12: Or No absolutely starts off with jingle bells and thence happily ever after.
Speaker 3: Are you right? It does opening? Seeing you quite right? Patsy, you listen to this, put it in the news shell, have a great Christmas. Thanks for calling you too, Neil.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian, Jack and Patsy so I Hard one and two of the two greatest Christmas movies the world has ever known.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Nail. The Wise One feels that we've got one of the wise men on the line rut now offering up gifts like mer and the truth.
Speaker 12: Yes, well, our Christmas tradition is it's not Christmas till you see hands group before from the nacotomy tower, and then do.
Speaker 3: You stick on Philadelphia like pats does?
Speaker 12: Actually go three? Second best Christmas one Castaways.
Speaker 3: Now nicely done. Thanks good, might have a good Christmas.
Speaker 12: Saying with you guys.
Speaker 1: Bye, Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Show, Gold one four point three All.
Speaker 3: Time Rock and Roll. That's a requested by Janine Watt, who wanted to dedicate that actually to her brother has been a rock for her this year. Sounds like an awesome brother just coming up for twenty to seven. Okay, let's play this last time this year.
Speaker 10: I'm a movie.
Speaker 8: I'm a movie. I'm a movie.
Speaker 3: I'm a movie too?
Speaker 8: What movie am I?
Speaker 3: All right? How this works? Then we ask you to give us a call and you give us a cryptic one line clue to a movie. We got ten seconds to guess what your movie is. Not a line in the movie, but a cryptic clue to the movie the plot. If we don't get in ten seconds, you could be going in the drawer to win a prize this morning, dinner for two at the Langham. You're off to the Melbourg Melbourne restaurant at the Langham. So we do it as you call us up with a cryptic clue to a movie. We got ten seconds. We're racing each other on trying to guess what the movie is on nine four one four, one oh four three. You know who does really well this game?
Speaker 8: HATTI, Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 7: What do you think?
Speaker 3: But hey, listen, it's the last one of the year. Pat's okay, this could be the warm up for you.
Speaker 7: You know, stop trying to mentally break me down.
Speaker 13: Thirty.
Speaker 7: I know exactly what you're up to.
Speaker 3: You know, get some success here it rides into more successes seventh, rather than normally when your old pippy pants comes out?
Speaker 7: Come on?
Speaker 5: Can I give you an easy one, pats, just as a test round circle of life?
Speaker 7: Oh that's some lion king that easy?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, there you go, all right? Nine four one four one O four three. Give us cool. I'm a movie. I'm a movie. What movie? Min last game of the year? Nine four one four one O four three will take you calls next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Come.
Speaker 3: On in, Jenny, Good morning, Hey Jenny, welcome to all requests. Friday, the last one of this year. What can we play for you this morning?
Speaker 11: I would love to hear Elton John's I'm Still Standing?
Speaker 3: Great song? Why do you want to hear this one?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 11: A couple of reasons. Primarily, I've in the last fifteen months, I'm undergone four or two knee replacements, and I want to show the world that I am still standing.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, Jenny, probably better than the rest of us now.
Speaker 11: Oh well, and I haven't gone through an airport gate lately, so but anyway, and the second reason was that my husband prepares out for Nelton John concerts. So YOU'SI a special to buy to us?
Speaker 3: So oh brilliant, it'd be our pleasure to play this song. I hope next year is even kinder. To you, and thanks a lot for calling the show of a great Christmas.
Speaker 11: Yes, and to you all too.
Speaker 3: Thank you Cheers Jenney.
Speaker 1: This is for you, the Varnet Woman, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three or Request Friday.
Speaker 10: I'm a movie, I'm a movie, I'm a Navy. I'm a movie too?
Speaker 8: What movie am I?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is how this game works. You come on the line and you give us a cryptic clue to a movie. Not a line from the movie, but a cryptic clue to the movie itself. We have ten seconds racing each other trying to guess what the movie is this morning. Everyone who guess one past us, you go in with a chance of winning dinner for two at the Melbourne Restaurant at the Langham. What a great prize over Christmas. This Christmas, give the gift of luxury with the Langham Gift vouchers. All right, let's get your clues first. Up this morning, Andrea, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Good morning, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Andrew, And what's your clue for us?
Speaker 14: It's that's a lazy but still managed to make Santa's crack team ad Santa.
Speaker 3: No Elf, Nope, lazy elf nope, uh at elf.
Speaker 15: TikTok TikTok.
Speaker 3: We haven't got the production loaded up, so that for now, Andrew, you get bonus smart for helping us out with the production. I love the idea of miss doing the production for us.
Speaker 8: Give us a further clue.
Speaker 14: Further clue. I fall in love with Donna.
Speaker 3: The time is really up.
Speaker 14: What's the movie Robbie the Reindeer hoofs of Fire?
Speaker 3: Not dining at the Langham?
Speaker 14: What Robbie Williams does the voice of Robbie and Reindeer. He has to go to Reindeer camp to get fit because naughty Blitzer tries to get him off the sleigh, saying that he's got a gptigation and he's not welcome anymore.
Speaker 3: This is an actual movie.
Speaker 7: It is Haven't you ever seen it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 8: Comedian Robin Williams or Robbie Williams.
Speaker 14: Williams does the voice of Robbie.
Speaker 3: What's it called?
Speaker 14: Robbie the Reindeer? Hoofs of fire? It's on every Christmas.
Speaker 3: I think you've had too much cheese and it's the heat.
Speaker 14: Oh I beg your pardon. You will see this and your kids will love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you know what? I can see it right now? It's a TV series.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, no no, it's one off. He's got He's got a couple of other like spin off Slight Legend of the Lost Tribe and Close Encounters of the herd Kind. That Robbie the Reindeer, Who's the fire? Is on every Christmas?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking on the caster, it says Robbie Williams, the singer.
Speaker 14: Mm hmm yeah. Paul white House Jr.
Speaker 3: Genius. Yeah yeah, well no, fair enough. Okay, you go through the mixed to win the dinner for two at the Langam.
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: You have a great day and you the Google says it's a TV show.
Speaker 3: I don't think something yea in the draw? Gav good morning, Gay, Hello, how are you? Good morning? I'm going very good. How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 17: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Awesome? All right, what's your clue you've got ten seconds on the clock.
Speaker 17: Okay, my clue is music is in his soul?
Speaker 3: So man, no star is born?
Speaker 7: No, it's Christmas theme right, not necessarily? O Moonraker, No.
Speaker 10: What what.
Speaker 16: Do you want to know about the movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do that and then let's put it. But what perhaps he just said, what's the movie?
Speaker 14: The movie is mister Holland's open.
Speaker 8: Yeah, music in his soul?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, moon Raker thinking Michael Jackson, moon Raker and Raker change Bond movie.
Speaker 7: You know, just googled it.
Speaker 3: Moonwalker? You're thinking, who's moonwalking? Who's famous for the iconic? It wasn't raking anything.
Speaker 7: The leaves like a cabinet this morning.
Speaker 3: Just be there and red the leaves. What has happened?
Speaker 7: The wheels have fallen off?
Speaker 3: Are we still live on air? Half? Good morning? Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 18: Here are you?
Speaker 3: I'm struggling. Gotta be honest, man, struggling today right now? I am it's not even the heat is Pats Christmas to everyone, Thank you very much, Alf, and to you as well. Now, Alf, what's your clue?
Speaker 19: Christian?
Speaker 12: O'Conor d pete.
Speaker 3: Hommie burns down under.
Speaker 8: London's burning something about balls.
Speaker 5: London is Burning, London Bridges Great Balls of Fire.
Speaker 6: No Christmas ball bulls, No Rica Christmas?
Speaker 3: Times up? What's the what's the movie?
Speaker 19: Alf Man on Fire?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man on Fire? Got it? Okay? All right, Alf you're in the mix as well. Thank you very much. One last call in this morning, Steve. Good morning, morning Dame.
Speaker 8: Here is good Steve.
Speaker 3: All over the place, Steve. I hope you're well, Steve. What's your clue for us?
Speaker 15: Riga mortis Dead's.
Speaker 8: Drop dead friend?
Speaker 3: No, it's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 5: Oh night before Christmas?
Speaker 3: Nope? No me before Christmas? Nope, no man just after Christmas?
Speaker 8: Wait, Riggs is the stiffness of a dead body? Yes, yes, okay, just don't.
Speaker 7: Think of any weekend at Bernie's Christmas special.
Speaker 3: Today? Times up, Steve, O what is it the die Hard's Good Steve? You deserve this? Okay, You're off to the Langham dinner for two at the Melbourne restaurant. Steve, enjoy having great Christmas. Enjoy your dinner. Okay, well done, thanks very much. Very Christmas. Name Moonraker from us the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. US have been in Mountain South. This is our favorite song to get up and dance too. Whoam Wake Me up? Before you go? Go? Okay on today's show. Then there's some big surprises plan this morning. One of the big surprises Jack and I are they long lunch last week. Decided that we just couldn't do you know the one the video. We'll we have it and it's always going to be there. No, but it's not going to be dropped today. For the best. It's for the best. Yeah, it's for the best. What I can say though, is what's coming up in twenty five minutes time, just after the half seven years on Patsy is going to be incendiary, explosive. Could Patrina Jones be walking out of this show with a slow cooker under her arms?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Could it be? Honest? Way to you, dear listener. That's the moment we're going to get to it at seven point thirty. We were sent some slow cookers the other day after I said I wanted one for the show, and one of the guys at Russell Hobbs Australia was going up to call the show. His wife heard us and sends us four. Patsy thought her grubby little hands could just rummage around and help herself. She needs to willow.
Speaker 7: No, he initially said, I will send you one. I believe was the wording.
Speaker 3: She sent them to the christianer Connor Breath Show. It's property of the christianer Conor Breath for show. You need to win your slow cooker at seven thirty.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'll win it. Don't you worry about that?
Speaker 3: You were in the stage.
Speaker 7: Shanks ready in the fridge, whee.
Speaker 3: Tickets ready heard it all before. What it is is a lot of chit chat, my little friend, a lot of chit chat.
Speaker 7: Mental games. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: See what happens?
Speaker 7: Hot air coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Someone's bothered already. I'm in your kitchen. I'm in your kitchen. No, I've read andre Agassi's book and he talks about he knew when he unsettled a play, and he's referred to it as being in their kitchen. Really, I'm in your kitchen. Ches. I'm having a lovely cheese toasting in your kitchen right now now. I have my feet are on the table.
Speaker 8: You know what he doesn't have though, that Russell holds sloke.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So that's coming up at seven thirty, Patsy, I really hope you get the win. Okay, now, what we're going to do then the next twenty minutes, We've got a couple of surprises for you. There are We've done a lot of stuff with you this year, the last six months. Some of the we've done has been amazed and that's down to you, So thank you so much all the support that you've shown the Breakfast Show. I do appreciate. The most common thing I hear from all of you when I meet you is I wasn't sure at first, and I totally understand that. I totally get that. Okay, But there have been a lot of ideas that we have actually rejected, and yesterday we made a note of them. Have a listen to these. These aren't made up. These are actual show ideas pitched from some from me, some from Jack, and quite a few from our dynamic duo, the producers. But anyway, here are the ones we said no to. Imagine hearing some of this on your radio show.
Speaker 10: Oh god, no, not that this one rejected by the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. What's your favorite color projected? Let's find Melbourne's worst teeth projected? Does this cartoon character have three or four fingers?
Speaker 8: Projected?
Speaker 10: Mango Carving projected what god wits? Projected? If you were a type of stationary what would you be? Projected? Christian tries free tape projected Can you bury a dead relative in your garden?
Speaker 4: Plea?
Speaker 10: We shoot down the Nova hot air balloon projected. Christian tries to enter the Fox of Him one hundred thousand dollar giveaway and gives you the money projected. Ken a teenager karate Kickjack in the head projected.
Speaker 3: What's irritating me is that kind of couldn't help but want to go at slip under the radar? Wish one sprang out to you. I still don't know to this day, but you Sid Bectless is the one that said, she said, oh my god, you're like like the five topic Tuesday idea with all the funny ideas you could put like what's your favorite color? In there? And I was like, well, we wouldn't put that in there. What this's this workshop that? Where do we go with that? I mean, you know we've done sort of crazy family members and you know, are you related to someone famous? What's your favorite color. How does that cold even go?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Cyan, thanks for calling in, Dave, have a great Christmas Calling number two Magenta, Thank you for your call.
Speaker 8: Actually, they've always been about it. Now I want to play it all right?
Speaker 3: Call in now? What's your favorite color?
Speaker 8: Are we really going to do?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be on one of the last things we do of this year. We did what's your Favorite color? Four three? What is your favorite color? Give us a call?
Speaker 1: Discou the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's our last show of the year, so we're tooking a moment to just share with you some of the actual show ideas that are pitched by me and various show members that we've said no.
Speaker 10: To, rejected rejected. Find the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. What's your favorite color?
Speaker 3: Projected?
Speaker 10: Let's find Melbourne's worst teeth? Projected? Does this cartoon character have three or four fingers? Projected? Mango carving? Projected? What God?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 10: Projected? If you were a type of stationary what would you be? Projected? Christian tries free tape? Projected? Can you bury a dead relative in your garden? Projected? We shoot down the Nova hot airverloon projected. Christian tries to enter the Fox of Him one hundred thousand dollars giveaway and gives you the money. Projected Ken a teenager karate kick Jack in the head projected.
Speaker 3: I still want to know about the funeral one. But anyway, for some reason, against our better judgment, we've decided to just see is there any traction in wash? Your favorite color? Producer Becker's of the moon. There are ten.
Speaker 8: Lines, appointingly, all lines of full.
Speaker 3: They're actually chammed with what's your favorite color? So for producer Becker's a Christmas present from us to her. Let's try this. Fiona, good morning? Hey, here you going, Fiona? What's your favorite color?
Speaker 5: Purple?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much? Good morning, Alex orange, Thank you, Alex. Let's go to Aditia.
Speaker 12: How are you going, Danna?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite color?
Speaker 8: Mate?
Speaker 19: Oh, Perrywinkle blue?
Speaker 3: Whoa Perry Winkle blue? Daryl goomerning, good morning going to Daryl. What's your favorite color?
Speaker 8: What you just throw up? Shane?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Shannee. Bye?
Speaker 11: Here are you going?
Speaker 3: Really good? What's your favorite color?
Speaker 9: Peace?
Speaker 3: Christy bye, that's the spirit. Happy Christmas, Christy what's your favorite color? I flew, do you know what I stand? Corrected? Beck, what a great phone in.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Anything could happen to the next half an hour. Genuinely got no idea what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna win, That's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been here before. Let's hope I actually genuinely hope you do win the quiz we got lined up in five minutes time for that's to try and win her slow cooker. Just like a couple of weeks ago, when you've been telling us all year on the show Big Brian Adams Fan, you and we had those Brian Adams tickets, and day by day by day by day, it just fell away.
Speaker 7: These mental games won't.
Speaker 3: Work, just merely reminding you of history. Anyway. If you wonder why we're doing this is yesterday. I just said to Pats innocently and in a very kind way, just said, hey, wouldn't it be nice to do a game where you try and win the slow cooker? A last game for this year? And ugly scenes happened live on air yesterday. Let's play this back. Pats has got one, Pats is going to try and win one tomorrow.
Speaker 6: No, Pats has got one, is going to try and wine No no, no.
Speaker 7: No no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: No no, yes no yes. Check the name on the door. Check the name on the door. It says, Christian, I can't breakfast show where tomorrow morning you will try and win your slow cooker. Yes you will, yes, you.
Speaker 8: Were sorry, she'll doing it's happening. What am I going to do? The quiz will tomorrow tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what seventh I knew this. It's part of my plan. We can get out of here now. Assaulted meye, it's my dj I Jashy threw a penalty. I don't mean throw it like it went like a foot, I mean hold it at me.
Speaker 7: It landed to from you.
Speaker 3: Well after these news headlines, then from Patsy, we will tell you what the game is going to be. Pats okay, yeah, yeah, a speech him five minutes time.
Speaker 5: Jack, Can I say it's nice that the slow cook has already got send in here and they were here yesterday. It's nice Paths that you didn't try and steal it and run away with it.
Speaker 3: It's not I'm honest, all right, we're playing five minutes time you will find out we need one of you to go up against her. In five minutes time, we'll open the lines after the News and sport and tell you what you need to do to try and win her slow cooker.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, beautiful song about very sad disaster. Disaster be for Patsy in the next ten or fifteen minutes. Been there before, haven't we? Hey? Oh friend, all right, it's got one and four. Don't know why I'm doing that, got one of four point three. It's to Christian o connor Breakfast Show. So a couple of weeks ago. Let's just take a trip down memory lane, which is why we're at this point right now. Why would I not just give her the slow cooker? You're quite right, that's the easy thing. No tell you why, because I want to give you a victory, a victory that you just couldn't get a couple of weeks ago, months and months and months banging on about what I'm Brian Adams Fanning, Oh he's coming here. Can I have some tickets? I have that as well. It's not nailed down, it's been sent into you. I'll have that.
Speaker 8: I'll sell it the market at.
Speaker 3: So we made a quiz win Patsy's Brian Adams tickets. If you missed it, let's rewind the tape. Here's what happened.
Speaker 10: But the Christian o' connall Breakfast show. This is the last show of the year and the last chance for Patrina Jones to prove that she is a true Brian Adams super fair.
Speaker 7: I love Brian Adams.
Speaker 13: We all remember when she tried to win her Brian Adams tickets in what should have been the simplest game ever identifying the real or fake Brian Adams lyrics. Day one fail, I'm going hard.
Speaker 3: Day two fail. It's over. It's the second loss in the row for Petrina Jones.
Speaker 10: Day three fail.
Speaker 3: Time TAXI going to nose dives in again. Oh the day four fails. She can't be the count. Day five fail? Can I knew? What? When?
Speaker 8: If you you?
Speaker 10: That's zero from five. Patrina, time to up your game.
Speaker 3: So this is why I'm not just giving you the slow cooker I was sent. You've got to win it in your last chance. Brian Adams quiz.
Speaker 10: It's time to play the ultimate Brian Adams supervan quiz. Can you unleash Pats's by slight grip on this pe quite easily?
Speaker 3: All right then, Patsy, you now realize how we're going to play. We're going back into the line or Brian Adams quiz. This is in your wheelhouse, Patsy. You should be getting the win this morning. All right? Yeah, come on, come on, come on, imagine that you go into ten o'clock, you walk out for here, you've got the slow cooker, you find out ready, it's a fifty to fifty chance. All right, Melbourn, give us a call. Who is a break? Brian Adams superfan. What's funnier Patsy walking out with that slow cooker? Or one of you winning it? Or would that take the Taylor to take two six and oh? Call in now? Then you'll be taking on Petrina Jones in line or Brian Adams if you know you're Brian Adams lyrics or you just a chancer. It's a fifty to fifty chance calling now nine four one four one oh four three it's you versus Pats nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: We play next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So what I'm doing here is I'm giving you Pats one last chance at a win at of Brian Adams quiz.
Speaker 7: How kind of you?
Speaker 3: I know we did. We gave you five chances and it just slipped away from you every single time. So this is your last chance. All I want to say is genuinely good luck, thank you.
Speaker 10: It's very cald It's time.
Speaker 3: To play the ultimate Brian Adams super Fan Quiz.
Speaker 10: Can you unleash Pats's by slight grip on this beautiful Russell Hobbs slow cooker?
Speaker 3: The fact it's not even Brian Adams tickets anymore. It's a slow cooker. That's all right, alright e. So here she is and in the.
Speaker 10: Gold corner with the Brian Adams concert record of nine and oh, hailing from Worthy Victoria, the Pest from the West, the Canadian rockers biggest stalker.
Speaker 3: She has the abio to prove it in.
Speaker 10: God Solution on its skin with revives, straight losses, four by total knockouts.
Speaker 20: Pats the world.
Speaker 3: Thing, Joe, But who's taking her on which one of you is taking her on?
Speaker 20: I'm in the black corner, Gabrielle from lurl back, the salesperson that never fails, will be taken. That's slow cooker home Pats to cover her Christmas meal.
Speaker 3: Gabrielle on line one.
Speaker 7: Good luck, Good luck, gav Gabrielle, thank you?
Speaker 3: Are you fitling? Gabrielle.
Speaker 11: I'm a little bit nervous, but ready for it.
Speaker 7: I'm nervous too. Or far were you again?
Speaker 3: Patsy been and timid?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 3: The mind game? The trash talking? Okay, so we know how this works. Then it's called lyon or Brian Adams. Got some real and made up Brian Adams lyrics. You've got to try and work out which is which. So I'll go, well, we're going to flip flop. It's the best of three like it was last time. Pats. Do you accept those rules? Okay? Gabrielle, are you happy?
Speaker 7: I'm happy?
Speaker 3: So Gabrielle, just have a listen. Then I'll read out the lyrics. All knowing to you is just have it all think is it a real Brian Adams lyric from one of his songs or made up one? If it isn't Brian Adams, you say Lion Adams? Okay, okay, I think it is Brian Adams. You ready, Yep, here's your first one, Gabrielle, good luck, good luck, Pats. Thanks, let's play, lock the door and close the curtain. No more lies. I'm tired of hurting.
Speaker 11: I'm going with Brin.
Speaker 3: You're going with Brian.
Speaker 12: Yep?
Speaker 3: Well done, Wow, it's start well, scores on the doors already, you ready.
Speaker 7: Pats, yep, let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, let's do that. It's stuck with me, the memory of you.
Speaker 7: To say it's a line, it's line.
Speaker 3: It's not sure about that. Yeah, it's stuck with me, the memory of you.
Speaker 7: It's line.
Speaker 3: Do you want to change your mind? One hundred percent?
Speaker 5: It stuck with memory you wow?
Speaker 3: Done? Okay, Gabrielle, another one for you. Okay, write it down. It's hard to say write your name.
Speaker 4: To.
Speaker 3: Write it down, it's hard to say, write your name to line or brother, I'm going line red. Wow. You might be nervous, but you're steaming through this. You okay, it's all on this. When Pat's get this and it's too old, loose this, you're loose again. You ready, ye. All right, let's have a look at these lyrics. Let's try and see if I can m Now I should get that one. Okay, all right, you're ready, Patsy I am. Get it wrong, you're out the game. Crashing said that.
Speaker 7: Just give me the question.
Speaker 3: Get it wrong, Crashing Worn, you're out the game. I want that feeling of feeling young again, Lyon or Brian Adams. I want that feeling, that feeling of feeling young again.
Speaker 7: That's Brian.
Speaker 3: Ladies and ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: It's lying feeling a feeling young.
Speaker 3: Again, which means we're in another extraordinary situation. Well, don't Gabrielle police Navy Dad. Six losses, six losses, fats Oh, Gabrielle, Police Navy Dad, the last Navy Dad. Plist Navidad. You have one, Patsy sol cooker put together now, show police Navvy Dad.
Speaker 6: Oh my police, Navidad, get the joinal I know where you can put that.
Speaker 10: Dad.
Speaker 3: You have eaten Patty once more. He came, oh, you know nothing about Brian Adams. You know nothing about Brian Adams, but he knows sort of about Brian Adams. She's hopeless.
Speaker 10: Have this girl?
Speaker 3: She ever even been to a show. Listen to a single song of his six Neil, how can she done it again? Patty? Scot it up? Plie?
Speaker 8: What are you going to do with those Lambshanks can give him to the dog.
Speaker 7: Chris Is just texted me and he said, don't bother coming home.
Speaker 3: Hey, Gabrielle, you're nervous. She conquered. Take some nerve doing that.
Speaker 16: Welcome to come over for anytime.
Speaker 3: Okay, Gabrielle, have a great Christmas. Thanks to take part of that.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 16: Have a great Christmas everyone.
Speaker 3: We will thank you very much for Patsy. Patty, you're a great swat. We're lucky to be doing the show. We do that. What was funny?
Speaker 7: That was embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Update the Wikipedia bages six and O Gang Christian Breakfast Show Go four point three. Hey, is Christian O'Connor the new guy here? I just want to say a few words on our last show of what has been an amazing year. Thank you for joining my gang of rebels. Many rivals wrote us off before I even started. That's okay, this shouldn't work, but it kind of is. And they hate that. That's on you. We are the radio rebels. This time last year. This was all a dream to try and start a new life here in Australia, in mighty Melbourne. We had no real idea if it could all happen, and every minute my wife and I were anxiously waiting to find out if the great Immigration Department, all this fair country would let me and my rugrats come and start a new life here. They did. That might be a mistake. This last year, the last seven months, one hundred and twenty two shows have been the most exciting, challenging, terrifying but amazing of my entire life. At times I wasn't even sure if it was working or I'd made a terrible mistake. There was no plan B. I've gone all in, sold the family home in England, I've burnt the escapeboats. The future of my wife and kids all on me. And if I can build a radio show from scratch in a city where no one has heard of me, in a country I'm not from. It's insane when you think about it, But nowhere else in the world could something like this work the way you have taken to me, given me your precious time and allowed me to grow on you like some kind of fungus that cream from the chemist warehouse just can't shift. The very fact this show even exists says so much about why Melbourne really is a very special place. I am touched and humbled by the kindness you show me and how much you enjoy being part of what we are doing here. Thank you for letting me be your mate in the morning, and you are as much as part of this show as me, Chack and Pats. I think it's something very special we've hopefully started here and that's down to you. There's a scene in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid where our heroes are cornered stuck on a cliff face, facing capture and death. They have only one choice to make the jump, with no idea if they will survive or fall. On June fourth, twenty eighteen, Monday morning, six am, I jumped off a cliff with Jack and Pats and I think you've built our wings as we crashed to the ground. Join us next year when we will ride again and storm the castle. We may not take the flag, but we will storm the castle. Watch out Bland Radio, the radio rebels are coming on all requests Friday. This Melbourne is my song to you, Thank you for being a friend.
Speaker 20: Travel down a road and back again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What a song? Ast you God, thank you for bring to Fred that is my song and all request Friday to you. I hope you don't mind me playing one of my own songs jo on that no one woul team knew about that. And even in this little thing here on our list that everyone has of who have asked for the songs, I give myself a faint name, John, but here is an oldie but a goodie to keep you all off the set. But I generally meant that as well, and also a huge thanks as well for Chack and bats four genuine The only work and compare it is to taking a jump off a cliff with me And now Paul Patsy obviously regretting that decision that she hasn't got a slow cooker. I quite liked him when he started six months ago. All right, we're going to give one of you an amazing prize right now, everything all right, So this has been happening on the station for the last couple of centuries. It seems grubby. Indeed, he started it. I'm bang it off right now. It's God one O four point three. It is the Golden Ticket, and uh, do you know what my time at one hundred and twenty two shows. The one thing that people have alway talked about the last couple of weeks, more than the money giveaways we've done this station, than the ten k is ten k that they talked about this golden ticket. And I guess it's because it's not a usual price. If you don't know what we're talking about, we call it the golden ticket for cars. It gets you into all of these shows. Haven't listened to this.
Speaker 10: Four point three? Is you access?
Speaker 3: Bill Summer to it?
Speaker 10: Brian Ferry, Banana, The Angels, Daryl Braithwait and Ross Wilson.
Speaker 3: We're in the School of Rock, Musical.
Speaker 10: Harry Potter and the Curse Child. He's winning the Musical Melbourne Relegade, Prix, Melbourne Cup, Carnival.
Speaker 8: And all one Who's gone Time three He's guys one to every being.
Speaker 3: It genuinely is to everything. Next year, every great big show, you get your Golden ticket, take who you want with you across the whole month. I reckon that's on average about what two big shows a month?
Speaker 8: You got it? It's it's a busy for whoever?
Speaker 3: Is it? So time management?
Speaker 5: To be honest, although you know what you can smartly do is give a few that you don't really care about.
Speaker 8: Why it is Christmas presents.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know the last couple of weeks the boss has been going. It's all building up to this moment. None of those are one because you don't really care about, like I said, jumping off a cliff, the ones you don't care about. Which one is that? Jack?
Speaker 8: I mean, every person's an individual.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you'll love ninety percent of those, but you'll go, you know what, I'm the cricket, not for me.
Speaker 3: You need to shovel.
Speaker 7: Yeah, don't take yourself out of that one.
Speaker 3: Jack, All right, stand by your phones after this song, we're calling one of you next and you will be winning the golden tickets.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Down in Mento. What's it here? There's this morning Santana, Ron Thomas and Smooth on gold one oh four point three. That's not made up one actually that it really is down in Mento. Ah see less after the mentor walking the dog on the beach. All right, then this is what we're giving away right now, gold.
Speaker 10: Four point threes. God is you act there? Everything, Bill co Eagle, Tyler Summer Tour, Brian Ferry, Banana r The Angel Arble, Hanson, Darryl Braithwait and Ross Wilson were a School of Rock, Musical Harry Potter and The Curse Child, M's Wedding, the Musical, Melbourne Renegades, the cord Pree, Melbourne Cup, Carnival.
Speaker 8: One four point three, these guys on the Sea cas in everything.
Speaker 3: We were trying to count the studio. I think it's about seventeen shows in twelve months. You are friend and a lot of freebies one of four point threes. If your phone goes the next couple of seconds, pick it up. It's us gold one oh four point three about to give away the golden ticket. All I know is a name. I know nothing else. So this is properly live. It's not pre recorded. It is twenty to nine. All right, let's find out if they're going to pick up.
Speaker 16: Hello, it's Mandy speaking Hello Mandy, Hello Christian who Mandy?
Speaker 3: You are the winner the Goldie ticket?
Speaker 16: Oh my, funny, Christin are actually crying your old morning, counting down the seconds and to.
Speaker 10: You call again the seconds you knew I was calling, like Santa, Oh my god, I'm actually really excited to speak to you.
Speaker 16: You make us say every day we speak to you in the office and you have no idea. You have to see the priceing this for me. Oh my goodness, I'm gonna control it.
Speaker 3: We finally go hundred twenty two shows. Hey, listen, Mandy, what lovely thing to say. Thank you so much. It's a big deal today show and it sums up the last six months and that's so I want to hear that from you. Is lovely. But listen, let's talk about you. What a prize. Seventeen shows.
Speaker 16: Next year, my partner and I leave for Conscious Christian and this is what we do all the time. My word colleague congratulate me. She's like, I'm witty. I know you're gonna read this. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, Mandy, take a moment. Let's just go through all these shows then, so next year you will be going to see Harry Potter on The Curse Child, School of Rock, Muriel's Wedding, The Angels, the Grand Prix, Brian adams Field Connins, the Tennis, the Eagles, Melbourne Cup, Carnival, Brian Fairy, Red Hot Summit, All Kylie and there's loads more as well. I'm getting my heart pants out, baby, we're in them right now. We're doing today's show, last show the year. We've got a hot band song. It's a Hot Bank special today. And Mandy, when did you get the Golden song? Whose show did you win on?
Speaker 16: I actually wanted that Huggy show, and you know what, to be totally honest, I can't even remember the song and it was a day before we start.
Speaker 3: But sometimes when you're dazzled by that kind of show, it's there's a lot of heat. It's like the sun.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: Once you experienced a Huggy.
Speaker 16: Factor related you have no idea.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad it's gone. So when it was excited for the first time in my time, I was.
Speaker 16: Scream in the last night with my partner and he's like, okay.
Speaker 3: Pardon, I think my wife should doing that. Last twenty is in marriage. So your work right now, Mandy, I haven't worked.
Speaker 16: Yes, I've had to take myself away from the radio.
Speaker 3: And what do you do give me workmates a shouts out? What do you do?
Speaker 8: Mandy?
Speaker 3: Who's who's listening right now?
Speaker 16: The company called new a transport in logy Steeks and I had the best workmates ever because they've been supporting me the whole time, trying to keep me positive. Going You're getaway, You're going away.
Speaker 3: This whole team entour supporting you. About to say you had an illness or something some you know, medical baby are going to thank but your workmates have been supporting you through this difficult and challenging time with the Golden Ticket. So tell us about yourself. Then where do you live?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 3: Do you live in Airport West?
Speaker 16: I do live in Airport West?
Speaker 3: Yes? And who's your partner? Who's going to be going? Are you taking your partnership?
Speaker 16: All the shows will be listening right now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: Who's that j MJ?
Speaker 3: Is he going to all the shows with you next year? Are you're going to Yep?
Speaker 16: Definitely?
Speaker 3: All right, Well listen, have a great Christmas. Thanks for taking part in this lovely to speak to you and lovely degree. It's such a great winner from all of us on the show. Great Christmas, and enjoy your seventeen shows with the Golden ticket next year, Mandy, thank you so much. All right, cheers Mandy, well done, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: On Day two Halve or the Twelve Days of Christmas. What an amazing bland, hon'be's champagne. This is incredible. We are giving away. One of you is going to win all of this, a three liter bottle of Louis rodeera champagne. So jerebioma. It's a huge three leaders of champagne, a one and a half liter Louis Roda vintage champagne. And because that's not enough to win this morning, one bottle of crystal. You can be in like fifty cent. Yeah, someone's winning all of that, all from Dan Murphy's in five minutes time. The great news as well, why I'm super excited about this is that Jack has to sing all the eleven last winners and we've speeded up the music. I've just heard how we sped it up. I actually almost feel bad, but not quite. He'll be seeing in five minutes time and you'll be winning in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time to give away some big prizes. Now twelve days of Christmas. I've last twelve days then given away over twelve thousand dollars worth of gifts thanks to Chapel Street Final Day. We want you to celebrate Christmas in style. It's a I've just added it up. It's almost six liters of champagne. It's a lot of booths one three litera which is a jeroboah huge. We saw it yesterday. It's sort of thing you get on the Formula one podium. Lewis Hamilton gets a three liter bottle of Louis Rodira champagne. You also get a one and a half liter bottle of vintage champagne and a bottle of Chrystalle two thousand and eight. Jack's favorite. He loves that two thousand and eight. Every morning you'll give him one of two thousand and nine crystal and he doesn't like it at all all. From Dann Murphy's. That's yours Cocktails and Christmas shopping only on Chapel Street South, the Errald Winds and Brawn. All right, So what we're gona do now is Jack's going to sing back all the last eleven winners. We sped up the music ready to go. Yes, it's Christen o'colls told.
Speaker 21: Day on the twelfth day of Christmas, Christian getting you four leady champagn yesterday. Caroline one's far Ernie in sky Is that the Cullens you were from Courding years with double Chinie from bellar at one old school vinyl and the invernem one thousand dollars bit I can in Caroline spreeze he is worth adviser in Rachel and Krema God Theater tickets Alana from them Brooks gott to have some pizza, Penny from Corfeld once dang Brydon Redney from Mendo one pre Burgas for a whole year.
Speaker 3: That's the way. Wow, Wow, that is hard. That's incredible. How are you breathing? I think he is so many big prizes, so many winners. You can add to that right now, all right, the next cross now live to Santa Yep. He's making us away from the North barle here to the Southern Hemisphere Australia with all the presents for all the good kids. And he loves to listen to the radio. Is in slave radio. But what song is it today? Soon as you recognize the song, gimme call ninety four one four one oh four three. Good luck no bingo bango bongo today.
Speaker 8: Point three?
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yes, this is the first part to missus Claws. I'll be back a little bit later.
Speaker 3: What to do? All right? Guys now? Monkey masking It? Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Stood to come to the next hour. They're more of your brilliant requests. The best of Jack post? Did really say that of the year? Not read out by me? Actually read by the sixteen year old fan of yours, Jack, who's recorded the best of the Year.
Speaker 8: I look forward to actually hearing his voice.
Speaker 3: And also coming up after nine A surprise for a producer on this show in a feature of what I can only describe as a producer versus presenter meltdown. Do you think it's a mistake doing this?
Speaker 8: It's already made.
Speaker 3: I don't have to I don't have to play it, though, yes you do. You're going to get get in trouble as well more than me.
Speaker 8: I don't think so. I think no.
Speaker 3: Because you made the list anyway, we said too much. Are you ready to sing? Jack Let's go? Okay, here it is and all the prizes so far on day twelve of the twelve Days of Christmas, thanks to Chapel Street, here's all the winners sung by Jack Post, Christen o'coddles twelve days.
Speaker 10: Of Christmas altogether.
Speaker 5: Now on the twelfth day of Christmas, Christian gave to you four ladies of champagn yesterday Caroline Wanaspa, Voucher Lanie and Sky penhasse that the Collens you were from Courting years worth a Dunling, Shanney and Peller right one old school Vinyl Andy in form one thousand dollars bit Kevin.
Speaker 8: Caroline Springs, years worth of icecream, Rachel.
Speaker 21: And Greb and God Theater tickets, Berna.
Speaker 5: And the Brooks gott Has have some pizza Penney from Calford one Special Cakes, Danny Ellen Brighton see him of aboutcher Andy from mender Wan Free Burgers for a whole Yeah.
Speaker 3: He says the best, all the hardest one world done. Check your bout, Jack Post, brilliant. Wow, you sped up for that when you're quicker than the music oh right, then, this is all we've been doing the last week. You've been listening for the song that Santsa's singing along Tim on the Enslave car Radio. Here it is this morning for the five and a half liters worth of amazing champagne. No bingo bang on bongo today four point three.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yes, this is the best part. Tell missus Claus, I'll be back a little bit later.
Speaker 3: She knows what to do. There is an end of term vibe to today's show, isn't it all right? Beck? Simbo Morris, Good morning, Beck, Good morning Christian?
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Thank you. I hope you're well this morning as well. To see if we can win you almost six liters worth of champagne.
Speaker 11: You fancy that I would need that to get through my family Christmas lunch.
Speaker 3: I love the honesty. It is a bit like that sometimes, isn't it. You know you have to nethetize yourself sometimes, don't you. You're better do that with all this vintage champagne.
Speaker 10: Whatever it takes.
Speaker 3: What do you think the song was?
Speaker 11: I think it's in the Air by Phil Collins in the Air tonight, what a song?
Speaker 3: Well, well man, you are our winner. Santa loves it.
Speaker 8: Arry Christmas here, Merry Christmas here.
Speaker 3: I love that champagne. Here I come. So you get the jerrupbo him. You are still get the leit and a half of vintage Louis Rodera champagne. And you get the bottle of Chrystyle as well. It's about five and a half liters worth of and this is one of about sort of fifteen hundred dollars or the champagne. So Beck and your family, I hope you have a great Christmas and joying.
Speaker 10: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you and you too, all right, thanks a lot back, Thank you very much. All right, thank you very much. Chapel Street Cocktails and Christmas Shopping only on Chapel Street, Southiera, Windsor and Brand.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Live from Santa's Grotto.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, surrounded by Christmas lights and tinsel.
Speaker 10: Melbourn's Gold one in four point three.
Speaker 3: This might be a bad idea we're about to do here, but let's just call this all feature here. The producer presenter fall out on this show we have a powerhouse, a gun of a producer. I don't think anyone on my team cares more about this show than producer Bet. She's a character, she's an amazing free spirit. She is a gun for us. She's gonna put a microphone on right now. Good morning, producer Bet. Microphone's broken. Just sums up this place. I don't forget we had that four mica table made. Let's bring come on in, Come on in, come on in. She can share jacks.
Speaker 5: Well, they didn't even have speakers out there yesterday, so what are the chances that the microphone out there is gonna work?
Speaker 3: Hey, beck Bet, come on, take on that mic there we go double over there. Now, that's give these producers and each mate. That's it. Huh hey, good morning, good morning. You know so I just offered to buy your breakfast. Yes, great, okay, you just get whatever you want. Thanks, you just get whatever you want. That's on me, okay, just a small way of me saying thank you for everything you've done for the show this year. I know how much it means to you.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Christian.
Speaker 3: We've been keeping a list of all the things that you hate, all the things I hate because it doesn't take much of you suddenly to fly off the hand or and go, oh my god, too much water in there. I hate that. So we've made this. Jack's been keeping a list on his laptop over the last six months of things that you hate. All right, are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Really not, don't forget all you're a gun. Get what you want for breakfast. Here. It is then a list of things that producer Becks hates.
Speaker 4: Things Producer beg hates pugs, air aplane, dentists, people covering Tracy Chapman's fast car, Scott Morrison, king, furniture, halloween physiotherapists, balloons, store board, custom people with two first names, cakes into meetings, people who put bikini shots on Instagram, people who put themselves doing yoga or Instagram, fake flowers, meats for no present, pencils at voting booths. It should be bring your own pan, the movie Snowtown vinyl that hasn't been pressed properly. Surfers, they have too much water, he said that, and when the speakers weren't working in the producers area yesterday and she couldn't hear the damn show.
Speaker 3: And of course another nagment, one as well Airport West, she said yoursels. She hated suburb as well, but it's about your star. You're a star for I staked so much, working so hard. They showed us the Christmas gar Let's start that list again fresh in the new year as well. All right, back to your request. We've got some more surprises coming up to the next hour as well as all the means that you picked Melbourne on all requests. Friday, our last hour of the year. Together, turn the radio up. This is brilliant on God one I four point three, Huey Lewis and.
Speaker 1: The News, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Well marrying in Melbourne. So that was that sommer for that Cydney Lauper. Girls just want to have fun for Mary Hopper's Crossings is coming up for twenty past nine. This part of the show on a Friday there and this is where it's really about us bowing down to the wise budder of breakfast radio. He walks amongst us on this planet. His Earth name is Jackpost and some of the we are lucky to work with him. Pats that absolutely it.
Speaker 7: Just falls from his the paws of his skin.
Speaker 3: Yes, And there's a young child, a sixteen year old boy called the Samster who listens to our podcast Open in England, and every day whenever there's someone Jack says anything, why is he pauses it? He writes it down and he sends it to me in a top ten former and I always read it on a Friday. We call it the best of Jackposts. Did he really say that? I thought was something different? This week? Last one of the year. Samsta should read out the best of the whole year. So this is Samster doing it? You ready, without further ado, here is the sumd stuck.
Speaker 22: At ten he is a like when you get a spaturel stuck in the kitchen draw.
Speaker 3: Even I'm realizing, doesn't he sound young? It sounds like the artful Todger. I mean, I know I must sound like that to some of you, but even that sounds like some play or something, you know, the young Dick vang Dyke.
Speaker 22: All right, so at ten at ten he is a like when you get a spature as stuck in the kitchen draw.
Speaker 3: How are you? It's like that? Alright? That's what's the number nine?
Speaker 8: At nine?
Speaker 22: I was about to say, what do you make in a cement mixer? I know you make cements.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he edits, he speaks No.
Speaker 22: I think this one was actually a David actual quote. At eight is a monkey an old ape? At seventh the twentieth century.
Speaker 3: That was last year. I remember that.
Speaker 22: At six yesterday, this very day, the day before today.
Speaker 3: Again another recent one, Number.
Speaker 22: Five, Christian, have you eaten many bugs?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 8: I didn't?
Speaker 22: At four Christian is like the Polywoff for radio.
Speaker 8: Breaking into the top three.
Speaker 22: Now at three, wait, lint isn't a spice? I can't take that out of my belly and put it on my pizza.
Speaker 8: I remember the context of that.
Speaker 22: At two is Walter a drink?
Speaker 3: Do you remember all that? Yes? And finally, and at number one.
Speaker 22: This week for the best thing at Jack Post said into a my phone in twenty eighteen, do you know that the smaller child humans are the same things that grow into adult humans?
Speaker 8: Your wisdom?
Speaker 22: Please take the festive break to sit under a Christmas tree and come up with more wisdom for the new year.
Speaker 3: Keep world wise. One there is a sixteen year old sensation of radio sounds to a well done Jack Post.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Danielle in Mary'sville wants that before that, Sarah Richmond, all I want to do is mate love to you, Jack, and I like that song Pats has been dribbling in are again.
Speaker 7: I don't like this never did.
Speaker 3: Do you know what be really funny when we get back one hour of All christ Friday, the first friday we're back, I'm going to get you to man the phones. If you don't like a song, let's call it the Pats Hot. You've got to get Pat's approval for your song, right, one hour of Power hand over to Pats. So I we're in the last twenty minutes before we head out for this year and we'll be back in the new year. This is gonna kind of theme tune this week Police Never Done. All right. What we'd love to do then is to say goodbye and Happy Christmas to you, so simply call up. I do have the last price, and I want to make sure that I'm literally running everything out of this show before we head out.
Speaker 8: Please in every drop out, We've.
Speaker 3: Got some gold class vouchers Village Cinema's Gold Class vouchers. So if you want to say goodbye us. Mon Bonnie, we want to say goodbye to you and have a great Christmas. That'll be our last link today, saying goodbye to you as we'll get ready to head out of here.
Speaker 5: But now, how do we know if it's genuine or if they just want the gold class tickets?
Speaker 3: Damn it? Now, why do you always do that bit of grip?
Speaker 5: I know, I know it difficult if they call up and go, oh it's Marie, I love the show.
Speaker 3: Right now, we can all see ten lines going watch this. I'm not going to give you the Village Cinema. I'm going to give that to Gavin Miller to give away from five. Oh.
Speaker 8: They're all dropping her.
Speaker 3: No, they're not listening. They hear free stuff and they're like, they go create that cat nip. All right, give us a good nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One oh four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Last song for us this year, A great song Hootie and the Blowfish let a Cry and Gold one oh four point three. Please all right, this is the last scene I'm going to hear from us for a while, because this is the last bit of the show for twenty eighteen. What a ride Ha's been in the last six months, one hundred and twenty two shows. Thank you for putting up with me, Pats.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you. You've been amazing and Jack so much fun.
Speaker 5: That's not what you said at this exact time yesday as you threw a pin off, and actually today you said there's plenty more of that came forward about throwing a pen at me.
Speaker 7: I'm going to calm there nowd my coffees.
Speaker 3: That's not ends, okay, So what we'd like to do now is say goodbye and happy Christmas to you. Thank you very very much, seriously for all the sport you saw on me and the show this year. I am looking forward to my first or stoning Christmas. I am ready for a break. However, can't wait for the shows to turn in a new year.
Speaker 8: I really can't.
Speaker 3: All right then, Richard, good morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning guys. Here you're going good.
Speaker 3: Richard, just want to say thank you very much for listening to show, and have a great Christmas. I hope we speak to you again in the new year.
Speaker 18: There's been no idea a bit that Mane. I'd just like to say to all you guys in there on the truck drawers come out on the ride every day and you guys help me start my day with a lit, a laugh and a smile. And I just like to say thank you very much for what's being a great year man.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. A kind, big hearted thing to say, Buddy, that's really that means you hear a lot of the show as well, so you are a long stuffer.
Speaker 18: Just luck you guys to say that you guys have a very happy and side Christmas in New Year and enjoy your first Christmas in Australia.
Speaker 3: Christian it's I will mate, I really will carry a special.
Speaker 18: Time of the year. And if you get a chance to get along to the Carroll the Carrols, the more music goal that is, that is a Christmas.
Speaker 19: To try and get along.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 18: I've just got one question for Jack. Jack, if you got a TV on at your house, what.
Speaker 8: Does that mean?
Speaker 18: Because because I've never seen any you had, it might be a bit of a flailers in the attic toop thing.
Speaker 12: You're all were anything.
Speaker 5: He was raised by Mormons, Richard, I actually got an image of you standing outside my house right now.
Speaker 8: Hey, no, one's home in your house.
Speaker 3: What's an advert we're saying, creams don't go on Christmas vacation. You've got a TV on anymore.
Speaker 18: I would be asking for a subscription.
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of movies to see. Richard. Actually, have a great Christmas. Fiona. Happy Christmas.
Speaker 19: Oh, happy Christmas you guys too.
Speaker 3: All right, take care we're speech in the new year.
Speaker 11: Awesome.
Speaker 17: I've been love listening to your show in the morning's getting the kids ready for school. It's truly good to have playing.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much the music. All right, cheers Fiona and I love to your families. Well, have a great Christmas. Mate, we speach a new year. Thanks bye, happy bye, Thank you very much. Carol. Good morning, Yes, good morning, Christian. How are you. I'm pretty good. Excited about my first Australian Christmas heading off to Perth and Margaret River next week. I can't wait.
Speaker 11: Oh that sounds awesome.
Speaker 16: You'll enjoy all that per scenery and a lot of our pommies in the UK. So you're still right at home.
Speaker 3: Never far away from that word. Are we still think some years before I move away from that. If ever, have a great.
Speaker 14: Christ Thank you very much for you too, and I'm here so I hope a better twenty nineteen for everybody and especially my family.
Speaker 3: Hope. That's I hope next year is kinder to you all.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much, Christian, take.
Speaker 3: Care mate, Tracy.
Speaker 17: Hi, Hi Christian? How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm bretty good, Tracy. Hope you all have a great Christmas. Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 17: Oh look, I to be honest, I started listening to you right from the very start, and I thought you were an absolute train wreck.
Speaker 3: Is this my mum?
Speaker 17: I thought you weren't going to last, But you are. You guys are the highlight of my morning.
Speaker 3: Well we've gone from zeros to heroes.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you how many days and weeks did it take, Tracy?
Speaker 3: Then you put up with him just yesterday.
Speaker 17: Well I listened for the first week, I think, then I turned you off.
Speaker 3: I love the Honestard. This this is a focus group.
Speaker 17: Now I put you back on, I think on the third week, and from then on, I look forward to you guys every morning. Like Richard, I'm on the road every day and you guys are an inspiration and you give me a great morning. You just put smiles on my face.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know what to say. That a lovely thing to say, and I appreciate the honest as well. I'm sure it was just too much and it was a seizement difference. I knew that coming here, and I thought would take longer than three weeks. And you know, I know the show isn't for everybody, but we're trying to do something different here and I really I love what we started and I can't wait to get back in the new year as well. But Tracy, thank you very much. We mean giving me a second chance. You're welcome.
Speaker 17: I have a great Christmas and a great safe New Year.
Speaker 3: All right, you know what, I want to take one last one. It's right this this guy's been here since the first couple of shows. I remember speaking to this guy one of the first quarters, Scotty in Whereby. It feels right that you'll be our last quarter this year. Thank you for all your support, mate, since the early Wobbly days train wreck. I believe someone just said, Scotty, have a great Christmas.
Speaker 19: Thank you, Maria. I absolutely love the show. I'm actually in the same place as I was when you guys did the pre show before the first show.
Speaker 3: On the Morday.
Speaker 19: I'm happy for Pacophoniel.
Speaker 7: Oh gorgeous spot.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that was great and I was fantastic meeting. I was at the movie show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna be doing another one since we get back, hopefully early February, we'll do another movie club night, So if you can.
Speaker 19: Come down, fantastic and yeah that it's been absolutely fantastic listening to you guys, and then every morning it's but it's just been fantastic. All the talking and all the different things topics and stuff we've been able to talk about has been great.
Speaker 3: Thank you very very much. That's it for us. Jack, have a great Christmas. Thanks mate, great Christmas. I will you you guys have a great Christmas. Thanks for all the loves of what you've show in the show. Can't wait to get back in the new year. Take care, we will speak to you very soon. We're out of here.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three