Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three Gold.
Speaker 2: Will the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: What goes on in this hour stays in this hour, Even the boss doesn't listen. Ladies, gentlemen, Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Rector Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, it's four minu's past six. Welcome to the Lemsip Hour. I am powered this morning on lemsips Jack Post, Jack Post, Where do I even begin? Jack Post? Let me get no, nineteen minutes ago. I don't feel very well not coming in today?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, sir?
Speaker 4: Nineteen minutes ago. If we worked in an accountancy firm. Yeah, you can do the old. Not coming in with nineteen minutes notice, not when it's the big show.
Speaker 6: Feels weird, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: What we have?
Speaker 5: His call up we go. I don't fancy today with nineteen minutes. Notice. Maybe if it's Carl and Jackie. Oh they're used to that.
Speaker 6: Sun In needs defends he looks so ill.
Speaker 4: Yesterday he came to a free team lunch well enough to have five courses.
Speaker 6: Including Eminem's what was it roddy Ford or something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then won't do the show.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I'd rather he doesn't spread his gym he did.
Speaker 4: To be fair, he did not look very well. Well, let me just ask you this question, Patsy, would he let Haymish and Andy down at nineteen minutes? Notice, I don't believe he would exactly he did sense he did that thing.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Texture in case I woke you up, you know, in the middle of the night. I'd rather know in the middle of night so I could call someone to come in and help out. People are like stubbsy ages ago beg Me said of Jack Post, isn't ever on? He'd love to come and do the show. Crawford said, as Jack, isn't it because it's.
Speaker 6: Too late now everyone's asleep.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he sent me an email to share with you all. He actually did type this out. I mean, if you were, if you can put some rubbish like this together, get out of the bed and do the show. Official statement from Jack Post, Hello, Christian, pats and team.
Speaker 5: I'm not well, very sick, shivering, coughing, very sick. But don't forget.
Speaker 4: He came to a free lunch yesterday, five courses at a buffet.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: I have no choice, but to take the show this morning, very sick. Yeah, we covered that in the earlier sentence. If I don't, I will not get the required rest I need and could be sick for many days and miss many shows.
Speaker 5: Rather than what's up with him? What's he got? What is that the plague?
Speaker 4: A house can have one nail missing, but if it has several nails missing, it could fall down. No sense, Christians you read this, please correct my many errors as I typed this in my lyrics state at five am, very.
Speaker 5: Sick yep, cover with that Jeffy sick out, and he.
Speaker 4: Sent me another one at five point thirty four, obviously feeling guilty. I want to make sure I pull my weight for every show, so please use my idea that you keep turning down three fingers or four you say, cartoon character and the cold house to guess where that cartoon character's got three fingers or four? I said to Jack, it'd be a cold day in hell before I ever do that.
Speaker 5: Goa.
Speaker 6: We do not need that game, dear, okay, s I reckon.
Speaker 4: He could have done, but they send Jack's not well because he had a five courser lunch yesterday, so he's unwell because of the five courses and get this right. We drove for our team lunch yesterday. Jack said he gave me a lift. He wasn't feeling very well, and I said, look, why did he go home? But you know what he's like, if it's free, he's there, he's there, you know. And so I had to get a lift in that mankey old ute of his that he's been using for the Renner.
Speaker 5: When I mean, manky okay.
Speaker 4: This thing the passenger door to get me and wouldn't open. I had to put one foot on the side of it. You know, I'm trying to take delivery of a bay or so to get this he it was like a cool workout to get the passenger do it. There was like rubbish all over it and to move that dust it down. We pull up to the Langham where they were hosting us with this lovely lunch yesterday at their amazing restaurant Melbourne, which was beautiful, Thank you very much to Andre and the team and looked after us there yesterday. So anyway, I got a chat we are you going to park it? And he goes, I'm going to get Valet Parker.
Speaker 5: He didn't we put up right?
Speaker 4: He hands his key to a guy and it's Audi BMW Mercedes Benz mankey knaked you right. The guy looks at us and I'm trying to walk ahead so that to create some distance with me and Jack. And the guy goes, oh, okay, that's your that's your car there. Yeah, points to go like, really, that's that's your car. A Jackson a smart jacket. So am I you know, we're dressed up to go, yeah, for our lunch. And the guy looked at Jack was like, okay, well maybe he must be your boss.
Speaker 5: You have lunch and then then your mend the toilets here.
Speaker 6: No one called a laborer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so when Jack left early, the lady came over to me with the bill for his valet parking of twenty bucks.
Speaker 6: He didn't vote on the way out, No.
Speaker 4: Just walked out of there, just breeze out there like a Jack Post does. So then calls in sick and then calls in six. So he's a no show and he owns this show twenty.
Speaker 5: Dollars as well.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're going to be right because we've got the best radio family in the world. You'll be there for us this morning, coming up next and I take you through what's happening on this morning show, and there's been another change of plan as regard to smart Pups because the money keeps coming in. Could we by the end of the day's show have paid for two dogs?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it has been and is still being, as you're about to find out, an extraordinary week. What you've managed to do is is nothing short of a miracle. And that is the only way I can disc if you don't know what's been going on this week, because I know what it's like radio shows. We're in the background, and I know we would like to think you're hanging on her every word, but you're just not. We're background noise and occasionally we might say something that just piques your interest and you lean in and maybe connect with the show or call up the show.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 4: But this week's something really different, more than the radio show has been going on. So on Tuesday I read out an email that I had a couple of weeks ago from a grand no ordinary ground. This is a super grand right here in Melbourne called Janette. She's been trying to raise money. She's got to raise twenty thousand dollars for her grandson, Reagan. Reagan is three and a half years old and he's got autism and in a year and a half he's going to be going to little school and to cope with the stress of that they didn't the best thing that he can get is something called a smart pup. It's an assistance dog. You might have seen these before they train these dogs up. We found a lot about what they can do. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: It takes about twelve months to eighteen months to train these.
Speaker 4: Dogs up from puppies to dogs. What they can do to help special needs children is incredible. But obviously it's a voluntary organization, no government funding, and so families have to raise the twenty thousand dollars to cover the cost. Jeanette I think was up to about four or five hundred dollars. She emailed me, not asking for the money in any way. She just wanted some Fleetwood Mac tickets that she could sell off. This super gran had been doing part time uber work. She's a granny. Okay, part time Uber work that her daughter didn't even know about. Because her daughter's a single mom. Trying to do the best she can to get by in the circumstances. She was trying to do what a mom would do for your daughter and her grandson.
Speaker 5: But she's a.
Speaker 4: Super gram doing part time uber work and sausage sizzles at the weekend. And I was suddenly adding up the sums. If you're going to raise the twenty thousand dollars, you have to do it in twelve months, because I guess the organization need to know whether or not you're going to get the money together.
Speaker 5: And they can't keep but open ended. They're going to make plans.
Speaker 4: And so she had ten and a half months together on thinking, I reckon by my calculations, Matt's point, that's a million and a half sausages.
Speaker 5: She's got a shift.
Speaker 4: She's only going to do it now. She's doing it twenty four to seven. So we called her up on Tuesday and I said, look, I've got your email. I've been thinking about what we can do. We're going to give you half the money. We're going to give you ten thousand dollars. And this woman, honestly, she just collapsed. We just we she didn't even to say anything. We knew what it meant to her, and so we said, look, we've got ten thousand dollars, and I really hope that our listeners can help us raise the extra ten thousand dollars. Now, at the time, this was Tuesday, I thought that we'd still be begging you for money. Not so within about sixteen hours you raise the extra ten thousand dollars so much so I think it was by twenty past eight the next show, I was able to call Jeanette and her response. If you missed it, this is her response, Jeanette, this is amazing when the highlights.
Speaker 5: Of my career we've only got about Oh that's the wrong bit.
Speaker 7: I'm never normally.
Speaker 8: Lost the words Christian, but.
Speaker 9: I just cannot believe.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, the generosity of people today obsor.
Speaker 4: So when she talks about the generosity right. So many stories came out of this. One of the most incredible ones there was a guy called Dell who's homeless living in a truck, and he apologized, it can only give five dollars. Five dollars is just as much as five thousand, five hundred homeless in a truck. But you wanted to do something which was which was more than about him then there was the Bub family. The Bub family sent us an email they'd also been trying to get together twenty thousand dollars to raise money for their daughter to get a smart pump, but they couldn't get the money together. So get this, they transferred over six hundred and eighteen dollars of their money that they'd raised.
Speaker 5: To our fund. How incredible is that?
Speaker 4: And so yesterday when we thought this, this couldn't get any more raising, this week we've raised the money. Reagan, the little three and a half year old, he's getting the pup. A guy called Patrick after Wednesday's breakfast show just walks into the radio station, a stranger in high vis vest, work boots. He's a carpenter. He can't hang around. He's not really one for small too. And he hands me a knacked old envelope, a beating up envelope with twenty sorry, ten thousand dollars in there. Ten thousand dollars in there, just a stranger. He doesn't want to hang around, doesn't want to come on the show. He even called yesterday off Fair to apologize, saying it's not very good with people. And I said yesterday he's great with people. He gave ten thousand dollars. He went back to work. Ten thousand dollars is a huge amount money to him and his wife. He has a job, he's a carpenter. I keep calling him a miracle man, right. Someone actually emailed me yesterday quoting some Bible scriptures and said, there's comparisons with Joseph in the Bible.
Speaker 5: You think about it.
Speaker 4: He had a trade, Joseph, Well, there's trading, and that's why Mary fell for him, you know, those strong hands.
Speaker 5: He had a trade.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's wide that his son's miracle work, and if it didn't payoff, he'd still have to fall back on a trade. So he donated ten thousand dollars that he got from basically mining gold his hobby from the last thirty years. Has went and sold it and gave us to ten thousand dollars. Now, we told them, look, we've got enough money for the puppy, Reagan super grand they get in the money that put the puppy's going to happen. And he said, doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Let's give it. Let's pay it forward now to the next dog.
Speaker 4: So here's where we are. Here's pay it forward money. And you've still been chipping in. Here's what I'd like to do. We're going to speak to above family in an hour's time. I'd love to see if we could raise to twenty thousand to pay for their puppy. They were the family that kindly said you can have our money. It didn't work out for us, which is such an amazing selfless act. At the moment, there's your generosity and miracle worker Patrick. Someone actually put on Facebook comments yesterday the hero and Fliro, which I really really like. You've raised an extra thirteen thousand, two hundred and eighty two dollars.
Speaker 6: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's on top of the ten ground that was already raised and our ten as well. So thirteen thousand, two hundred and eighty two. By my rough maths, we are six thousand, eight hundred dollars away from paying for the second smart Now. The only way this can happen is if you keep the story going. So if you do want to pay for another puppy, so by the end of this week, wouldn't it be amazing if we've all together come together and supported each other and we have paid for not one, but two of these smart pups. If you do want to help out five dollars one dollar. It all really helps. Head to the website. It's a little easy donate buttony click through there and do it at all for you Gold one I four to three dot com dot au. Gold one O four three dot com dot au. We are six eight hundred dollars. I know how many people listen to the show. I thinks about five at the moment, or six. If you all donate, there's quite a lot more money to go. Head to our website goldwei four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three talk about the kids. Pats and I were just talking about this.
Speaker 4: So the kids are gonna be protesting today about primate change.
Speaker 5: I did, this is brilliant.
Speaker 4: We live in a democracy and they are the living, breathing spirit of what happens next. And also they are the living, breathing, coughing spirit of what they're going to have to deal with when we depart this mortal coil. So, whether or not you agree, and I know it's a big topic about climate change, whether or not you agree with climate change, I think it's great that kids are getting off their backsides and using the voice.
Speaker 5: That is a privilege to have a.
Speaker 4: Voice, and a certain place in the world where adults aren't allowed to voice. And I think there's no more shiny example of a democracy than what children are allowed to do. I think it's great that there are so many how many people expecting kids to protest today?
Speaker 6: Oh, tens of thousands. They're saying that's global. I think there's something like nineteen countries across the world taking part.
Speaker 4: And also if I was a kid, right, even if you weren't, you know, pro climate change, you're going to hang on a minute, so I get out of school for a day?
Speaker 5: In fact, is that where Jack is to say?
Speaker 10: Good to say?
Speaker 4: Do you think he's down there with a placard right now outside of the schoolgates?
Speaker 5: Get a bit confused?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On.
Speaker 4: This day, Mystery on this day, all right, this aling Friday, March to fifteenth, got the Grand Prix weekend six sleeps to go into the return of Footy, nottell mentions to what happened on this day in history In forty four BC, Julius Caesar murdered. I mean, you think about the politicians these days are scumbags.
Speaker 5: This is where it all started. In Rome.
Speaker 4: Julius Caesar, the dictator for life of the Roman Empire, murdered by his own senators. They actually circled round him and just started stabbing him, concluding his own protege Brutus, which gave phrase to the praise two brutus.
Speaker 5: You too, my son.
Speaker 4: However, the thing I want to talk about today is on this day in history, Master fifteenth, one of the greatest movies ever opened. I'm gonna play you the last final scene that in fact, it is the last second and a half of the movie.
Speaker 5: You've got to guess what it is.
Speaker 4: I reckon there's a feature you know that the last second of a song, right because you know there's been going for years.
Speaker 5: It beat the intro? What about beat the outro?
Speaker 4: We just played the end of a song or the end of a movie, right at the end of a movie. There's workshop it right now, this is the last scene of one of the greatest movies ever made.
Speaker 5: I could see it. I know this movie so well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, if you know this movie, and you should know this movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you reckon? That's too hard?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so, as I know, right, the people listen to the show, they're super smart, a lot of very smart listeners, smarter than all right. So it's one of the greatest movies ever made. Have a listened to this. I also pay attention to the kind of music. I couldn't edit out the music in the scene. I wanted to, but I couldn't. It's a door closing. It tell you another clue. It's a door closing on a former world.
Speaker 6: Oh no, still can't guess it?
Speaker 4: All right, give us a call. Nine four one oh four three. One of the greatest movies ever made. This is the last scene in it. What's the movie? That's a hell of a lot more interesting than a secret?
Speaker 5: Sound right? Nine one oh four three, Give us a call. I take your guesses.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: On this.
Speaker 4: Day, Mystery, on this day, all right, on this day in Mystery Today, one of the greatest movies all time. Reilstone Cold Classic Open. I'm playing a bit of the movie. Is the right at the end of the movie. It is the last second and a half. It's the final scene. A door closes on one world, the door opens on another. It's the scene. What do you think it is? One of the great movie's ever made? Nine four one four one o four three. Let's take some guesses, Johnny boy, good morning?
Speaker 5: What in Christian bread day?
Speaker 4: Thank you so much?
Speaker 5: All right, John, Thank you very much. John. What do you think the movie is? Mate?
Speaker 7: I think that when Red stram to door and says to the lady Franky, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Speaker 4: Very powerful acting there as well, so a one man theater you are, John, that's no mean feat this time of money, is it?
Speaker 5: Mate? Well done? John?
Speaker 4: Is not the right answer. But for the hey, listen for the power acting. I'm going to give you a mug anyway.
Speaker 5: All right, thanks very much, all right, have an nicey can mate?
Speaker 4: Awesoeers bye bye now. Matt, good morning, good morning, Matt's Oh good mate. I hope you've had a good week as well. Welcome to the show, Matt.
Speaker 5: What do you reckon it is?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 5: This the final scene in one of the greatest movies ever made.
Speaker 11: I thought it was some pulpiticin posse when they're leaving them.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a great movie, isn't it. Pulp fiction is one of the greatest movies ever made. It's not pulp fiction. Sorry, Matt, you all right, have a good weekend, NISWK good morning.
Speaker 5: Good I go I'm good. Are you well? Yeah, I'm well. Thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm a long time listener. I love your work mate. It's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you very much. And what do you think the movie is then? Is it? It's one of the greatest movies ever made.
Speaker 11: I think it's the Matrix when you go in to meet the architect.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, of course, great.
Speaker 4: Guess great movies, weren't they do When they came out, everyone talking about the significance and the red and the blue peel and what it meant about life and neo great great movies. It's not that though, nizbel. We're send your prize anyway, reminding you it's a great movie. I must see that again. Thank you very much, Thank you very much. Cheerz all right, it's get a point Cook and John, Good morning, John, morning John. What do you reckon the movie is? Let me play the final second again here.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: The Godfather Part one.
Speaker 5: Masis to say that.
Speaker 2: Because that's silly movie. I've owned as a door closed. That's a great movie.
Speaker 5: This was going to be the next clue.
Speaker 4: If he didn't get any right answers.
Speaker 5: Just that, I reckon he would have got it. Yeah, you're quite right.
Speaker 4: It's what a movie, right, It's one of the greatest movies ever made. The Godfather second one is great as well, isn't that?
Speaker 2: I have told you at least once a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, it's I love it. Both.
Speaker 4: The first two movies are great, aren't they. I Mean, look at the Castprando made the movie, of course, but then he got James Cahn, Robert Duval, Diane Keaton, the young gorgeous al Pacino as well.
Speaker 5: And you're right, do you remember that. You'll know the scene very well.
Speaker 4: Then it's as he closes the door on his wife, he leaves that wife behind. He's there and now now he's the don, isn't He's there with his his all his henchmen are there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it's like because every shot in the movie is like has meaning as Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've got this book.
Speaker 4: It's called The Secret Meaning of the Godfather, and it goes through all the main scenes and the significance of them. It's a big, old, heavy, heavy book, but it's a great read.
Speaker 5: It's really really good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know what for years in radio when whenever radio people get people go missing a lot in radio, they go on holiday. They don't come back like Jackpost dangerous game taking a show off, whenever we used to call it going for freedom. You remember when they take freedom out in that boat, let's go out.
Speaker 5: It's always going to sidekick kicksel producers to scare them. Let's go. Let's go for a little boat ride, hey, Fredo, And they go no, No, I don't want to go out them. I don't want to go out.
Speaker 7: I'm all right.
Speaker 4: I'll stay in the mill and you're come in. We're going for a little ride. Let's go for a little boat ride. All right, John, we'll send your prize. Very well done, mate, to toughest one we've ever done.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a prize. Thanks, all right, mate, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Get directions speed in safety alerts with a netman, GPS, netman, dot com, dot A or find us on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Netman Australia from staycations to vacations with gold.
Speaker 10: One oh four point three is holiday.
Speaker 5: For a song.
Speaker 4: Time for this mornings, Holiday for a song. What you gotta do is listen out this morning for the song I'm about to play and you could be winning a trip. Today's destination is a romantic getaway for two prestige retreats Cleveland Winery in Lancefielle. Two nights in the Superior Room, breakfast and dinner daily, three course indulgent dinner at.
Speaker 5: The carriage house. For a restaurant get you you have to.
Speaker 4: A beautiful Macedonian Rangers Sallo to Goodinski water out there, check out hanging Rock.
Speaker 5: And this is a song.
Speaker 4: When you hear this again today between now and five for the second time, that's your chance to call in and win today's holiday for song. Thanks and that man the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: That's your winning song this morning on holiday for a song. Next chance here here quie, what's a break free on this station? Gone one and four point three Between now and five o'clock you can be winning today's destination. You're off to a beautiful winery for the weekend. All right, seven minutes past seven Friday morning.
Speaker 5: What a week.
Speaker 4: Incredible scenes this week on all the things that you've managed to do, the raising of thousands in just a couple of shows. So not one, but one and a half smart pups at the moment, And this is what we're going to try and do today. So Jeanette, we spoke to a super grand Jenette on Tuesday show. She'd been trying to raise money, trying to raise twenty thousand dollars to get a smart pup.
Speaker 5: This is an assistance dog.
Speaker 4: These dogs are trained to help children with various special needs, and her three year old grandson has autism. But there's no way that we're going to get that twenty thousand together alone. So we chipped in with ten thousand, and you stumped up within about sixteen hours the other ten thousand, and then the only reason why I'm at this point today is due to your generosity and the super generosity of a man called Patrick, a stranger but no more stranger to us, wandered in from the streets with an envelope full of ten thousand dollars that he'd sold some of his gold.
Speaker 5: Been collecting panhandling out on them hills. Start. I'm taking off for the hills this weekend. I'm tearing off the Balarat kids. Grab a pan.
Speaker 4: We're going panhandling ten thousand dollars in the streams.
Speaker 5: My good a city is this?
Speaker 4: Forget the Grand Prix. I'm going gold hunting. But anyway, this is his money. This guy's a carpenter. He's just a humble guy. Do you want to come on the show. I had to beg him to get a photo taken just on my own, my own records, to prove that he actually existed. Isn't some kind of modern Jesus just wandering in from the street giving us ten thousand dollars. We said to him, look, you can keep your money because we've got the money. We've raised the money for the smart Pup for a little three and a half year old Reagan. He went, no, no, maybe this can be go towards the next smart Pup for a family that really need it. And so that's what we've done. We're calling it Patrick's pay it Forward. And you've been chipping into that. And right now I can tell you, at ten past seven Friday morning, you've raised an additional thirteen thousand, two hundred and eighty two dollars. It's amazing. I mean, we live in tough times. People are tough, but people and chipping in five dollars. That homeless guy Delle living the back of his truck who gave me five dollars is just as important as Patrick, one of you calling the hero in Fleurro this high visibility jacket that you wanted in. He seriously couldn't wait to get out of here, mainly because Jack is a bit odd. He couldn't wait to get out of it. He had to go back to the site. He's to Carmen. He's got a proper job. Ten thousand bucks is such a huge amount of money, so what I'd love to do there was one of the amazing stories that came out of all the donations that were coming in or Wednesday show was from a family called the bubb family and they were listened to this. Then they tried to get one of these smart pumps for their eleven year old daughter, Isabella, and they got They couldn't get all the money together the money they had raised six hundred and eighteen dollars. They asked to be transferred to our fund that we were raising for Reagan.
Speaker 5: How selfless is that?
Speaker 4: That every right to feel a bit frustrated and maybe a bit angry that they weren't getting the puppy, but they didn't. They did something really really selfless, and so I I think the best thing we can do with the money that you're all raising at the moment this thirteen and two hundred and eighty two, can we get them the puppy for Isabella?
Speaker 5: And Wayne is on the line right now from the family, Wayne bub good.
Speaker 2: Morning, how's good morning? There you go, I'm.
Speaker 4: Good listen, Wayne, thank you so much, first of all for doing something really special and selfless and transferring over your money that you tried to raise for your daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty buying away. Why everybody's generosity soon fantastic to listen to little Reagan get to get his puppy. It's just yet blaying me away. Its blowing our whole family lated and my daughter is Abella. As soon as I said that I'd heard about Reagan on the radio, that the first thing she said was that she wanted to go out. That's six, I'm straight into over to Reagan so he could o Reagan. Sorry, so he could get his puppy.
Speaker 5: So it was you.
Speaker 4: It was your daughter, your eleven year old daugh Isabella, who was going to hopefully get the babbitt.
Speaker 5: She was our idea. Yeah, well, great kid.
Speaker 2: You got Yeah, she's a little little dynamite. Yeah, she's a gorgeous kid.
Speaker 4: And so what we're hoping to do is we really like the money that we're raising. At the moment, this additional thirteen two hundred and eighty two. We've spoken to smart pups. You never know, we might be to get twenty thousand together. It's about an extra six eight we need. And if one thing has become true this week, miracles can happen.
Speaker 5: You never know.
Speaker 4: We would love if we can get that twenty thousand. Tell us we'd love to get Isabella and you guys, the smart pup that you try to get.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's it's going to be amazing, so fantastic. Yeah, well, I'm sort of blowing away a lot of words to be honest. Goodness, yep.
Speaker 4: So that that is my new mission today is a better than you guys the puppy but to thirteen two hundred and eighty two. So we've got a little while to go yet, but who knows anything could happen? Tell us about isabetter, then what would the puppy mean to her? So people can just understand why these puppies, these dogs, these amazing dogs, what they do for young people who just need a bit of extra help.
Speaker 2: It's well, that was day to day life is needles. Start their day off with needles and end the day with needles. Yeah, it's horrible, you know. And she used to have a favor of needles, but she's overcome that the hard way, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: So she is she is she diabetic? Can I ask?
Speaker 2: She's a type one diabetic, so she's insolent dependent. She uses two types of influence. She has a short acting insuluent which is for her meals, and then she has a long acting influence which sort of helps her over the day. So help hypers and a high boat hypos hypos where they're getting alow when they get all shaky.
Speaker 4: And yeah, they can have like seizures, is that right, and epilepsic can bring on with the they crash.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, yep, they can go into what's called the diabetic camer and stuff like that. So we're up every night at two thirty. I get up religiously and test her and make sure she's okay down to the night so she hasn't gone into a hypo.
Speaker 4: You guys, see, you have to have like a twenty four hour vigilance to sort of just to keep keep her alive, keep her safe.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, Yeah, it's yeah, it's not nice, it's not fun. But with a dog, the dog senses hypos and hypairs.
Speaker 4: And I said, they scent something the pheromones way before, way before they can alert. They start barking. They're trained to do this. It was as incredible, isn't it. And they can start barking and then you know that something's about to happen. You can take action way before it starts to get a lot more severe.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, Yes, that's that's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well listen, Paint.
Speaker 4: I know we've put you on the spot here and this is totally out the blue, and it has been. I keep saying this word extraordinary, but what is an extraordinary week? I said this too, word, Janette. I don't want to make any sort of false promises, but I really really hope we can get you and amazing to hear about your daughter as well Isabel that the smart Poppas were about six eight hundred dollars off. I really hope we can get that extra money.
Speaker 2: That's that's amazing and good on, good on the paper, good on your listeners. Yeah, I'm good on you guys. Goes are amazing. I'm listening to you guys every morning and on the way to work and always get the work and I try to try to get onto God, but I work on work sites and know I'm listening to Triple J and stuff that I usually sneak the blays everything.
Speaker 5: Bit of a gear change between us and Triple J.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 4: All right, well listen, well speak again later on this morning show. But Wayne, we've got a mission. We're going to try and do what we're going to help you guys out.
Speaker 2: Ah, you guys rock, Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you very much Wayne for now. So that's why you just heard what the mom and dad are doing, what any of us would do in a situation like that. And that girl I said when we were talking about Reagan, when we talk about these conditions that people have, you know, Reagan's autistic and we're talking about you know, have been you know, all the Boblems with being a Type one diabetic that people aren't their conditions. But I just wanted us to all realize what these puppies mean to someone. And you know you heard him there. He's got a job, he's got to go and do. They're getting up a half two in the morning. They're just trying to survive and get through life and care for their beautiful eleven year old daughter. A puppy would make a huge difference in Isabella's life and their life as well. So that's it what we can do. Who knows, you've already done a hell of a lot this week. Can we just do a bit more? Six thousand, eight hundred dollars all there is between us again, Isabella and Wayne. They're the puppy Gold one o four three dot com dot Au. That's the website to go to tonight. Five dollars is amazing. If that's all you can give, that is amazing. Thank you very much, Gold one oh four three dot com dot Au. Can we do it?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Do you know I was feeling it sorry for myself today. I'm on Lemsips doing the show Jack's off sick. He only let me know at nineteen minutes. Notice the flaky kit. I just texted Hamish Nandy going, what's this sick record?
Speaker 5: Like? Can I check you've a pull a stunt like this?
Speaker 4: Hamish Blaks just text about, going, I'm stunned is taking you this long to realize his preferred option life is always to be lying down in bed.
Speaker 5: But then when I just heard.
Speaker 4: From Wayne bub there and talking about his beautiful eleven year old daughter Isabella, and to beginning of the day and ending the day with needles, and suddenly everything's in perspective and submit amazing is really happening of many amazing things this week.
Speaker 5: You are You are now up to fifteen and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's on top of all the other thousand you've raised for Reagan's smart pup. Fifteen and a half thousand dollars. Only four and a half to go. Four and a half to go, and we can get Isabella, eleven year old Isabella. We can get her the smart pup that they tried to get. Four and a half thousand dollars left to go. I know we can do this by ten o'clock this morning. The place to go to chip in five dollars, ten dollars. That's that's just amazing. If that's all you can give, it's not all you can give. You are giving. That is amazing. Gold one I four three dot com dot au Gold one I four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 5: Caroen Line's on the line.
Speaker 11: Come on to counting, Hi, Christian, Hey you going.
Speaker 5: I'm good. So I understand you have a smart pup.
Speaker 11: We do, we do? We have miss Kelse for my daughter Alana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and tell us about miss Kelsey. What can she do for your daughter Alana?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: What can she do? At the moment. She's just an amazing little girl. She's not quite true. And we've had Kelsey since May twenty eighteen, and she's actually come to us as a seizure alert and assistance dog for Alana. And yeah, she's really changed Alana's life. To be honest, we're very fortunate that Alana's siezures are very well with medications, multiple medications. But Kelsey is trained to basically alert us up to twenty minutes before Alana has a seizures.
Speaker 5: Incredible.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's just amazing. So she'll get quite unsettled and agitated. And the idea is that you know, as Alana does that to show you know, signs of SEZs and that medication is not kicking into help, we'll be able to then get Kelsey to learn those signs in Atlanta and to actually bark and alert to us that you know, there is a seizure going to happen.
Speaker 4: This is what which is why the is a bit is trying to get it, you know, so that you know, obviously we've done with Mum and Dad are keeping up mid after in the morning, staying up two individuals like that, that's just exhausting that can't carry on. So you know, I understand what the dogs make such a big life, not just in the child's life, but you know for you guys as well, Mom and dad and all your family as well. So so amazing. Well you just you just heard us talking about smart pumps and you happen to be listening.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I love that calling.
Speaker 12: I just thought calling you know, I'm on my way to work, but I just you know, the moment, but I thought for someone to hear, you know, actually what happens and that real day to day, you know, it's just a companion for Alana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really appreciate your calling in it will it will help people understand what we're trying to do. All right, have a great day, so I love to an honor as well. Okay, thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we were talking and that's the and I were looking at the smart pub's website. She showed me a picture of a dog and this dog had its front to pause crossed and she goes to me, NI should do that. Niece's my German shepherd. I went, yeah, yeah, sometimes means they're happy, you know, like some sort of you know sometimes you see those Western movies and they used to have like an Indian tracker with them, didn't they They could just touch the ground and go. Many men come on.
Speaker 5: Hossback wise words with facts.
Speaker 4: So how do you know that a dog crossing its paws means they're happy or does it just mean it's comfortable position for them to rest their little snout in?
Speaker 6: No, Well, our breeder, because of course we've had Maremma dogs Murma sheep dogs, and our breeder always told us they're prone to cross their paws, and we asked that when we got our first pup. We said, why do they cross their paws like that? Is that inherent with that breed? And he said, most dogs who are content and happy will cross their paws like that.
Speaker 5: But how do they know?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But don't even question that, you know, you just go right, okay, you know we all just listen life, I've got things. Do you know that I just assume to be true? But you don't ever question it. You don't how do I know? It's not like the dog.
Speaker 5: It's not like someone said, dog, what are you doing that for?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 4: I don't know I'm doing it, but I am happy right now. So I didn't know I did it. But yeah, that's that's why I do. So we all have these things that we believe to be true. Patsy believes to be true that if your dogs cross their paws, therefore they are happy. What do you believe to be true? All right, that's what I want to know this morning. What do you believe to be true? What do you swear is true? But actually you don't know for a fact it's true, but you think it's true. Therefore we live in the world now, but what we believe are facts. But all right, so what do you think is true? Nine four one four one o four three. We've all got stuff like this nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: There's no Jack post on today's show. If you want to know what happened. Jack and I had a fistfight yesterday. Seriously, I earned him my bad mouth and Pats and I said, hey, and we got into it, and I don't know when he's coming back. He needs to cool his head down. But if you'd heard what he was saying, Pats is this, I hate f and this on this language and you know, smiles and like, yeah, okay, but yeah, all right, I get that, but listen, come on, So we got into it, and I will not. I defended you on a patch. Yeah yeah, he's uh. He needs said you have a good long thinking, and I said, don't come back until you're ready to apologize. So that's why Jack isn't on today's show. We did also have a team lunch yesterday, so Jack is off sick. The boss just said to me, Sue the boss said, show me your phone. You're exaggerated, aren't you. I showed the phone up with the message I got nineteen minutes before showtime from Jack, go.
Speaker 5: I can't be in. I can't give you one hundred percent and I came here. I don't want to bother you during the night. Won't be in nineteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Notice five forty one am, you never turn a TV show on right and only one of the presenters is there well, and the other one just let me know. I was just coming walking out from makeup. But we did go to a team lunch yesterday the Langham and despite the illness and no show today, he managed to have five trips to the buffet.
Speaker 6: And what was it?
Speaker 5: Was it an eminem none?
Speaker 4: He he asked a guy to make him a armbred with Eminem's. That's when I said to him, go on, mate, you're not well. Something's not right anyway. Jack's not very well today.
Speaker 5: Fever phasically. I stay in bed. One of you.
Speaker 4: Ben in Coburg said, did he try and do a poop pick up? After yesterday? He revealed on the show he hasn't done a dog poop pick up in his back garden in six months, did he try and do one? Yesterday was over came by the fuse. So anyway, this morning, I want to know what do you believe to be true? Patsy actually just told me yesterday, as if it was a dog fact that if a dog has crossed its pause okay, it crosses over his little pause, isn't it sort of head resting on the cross paws, it means the dog is happy.
Speaker 5: I want to believe that as well.
Speaker 4: But perats just said it without even questioning, like, oh, someone told me this once.
Speaker 5: It was like it was fact. The dog. Yeah, all right, Graham's on the line. Good morning, Graham.
Speaker 10: How are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not too about Graham. I hope you had a good week. Welcome to the show. And what do you think is true?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't believe this, but apparently, according to child care nurses, babies don't see in color until they're six months old.
Speaker 5: No, I think that's true as well.
Speaker 6: I think it is.
Speaker 10: Well, well, hang on, because my daughter just had a child, just had her first child. She's four months old. I asked her and she didn't even respond, So there's there's the proof.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she doesn't have to share the secrets. Okay, she's only hearing you in mono. She's on hearing.
Speaker 5: They don't even hearing stereo until those six months old.
Speaker 10: But I would like to know here they knew here, they found out, how did they find out? How do they do their research?
Speaker 4: But it's true, but I think that they they're smart people with us. They must have analyzed how the the eye develops, just like the rest of the body grows and develops as well.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's if you're interested, and.
Speaker 4: Some skyhooks as well. All Right, all right, Graham, thank you very much. Having nice week in great show. All right, that's want to have a nice week The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: We need to speak to someone. We need to get them back on. Let's get Wayne bub back on. We spoke to him half an hour ago. They were the family were trying to get a smart pup. Couldn't raise the twenty thousand dollars, so gave us the six hundred odd dollars they were they had managed to raise for their torture Isabella, for us, for Reagan trying to get him the smart pup to help him out.
Speaker 5: Hey, Wayne, Yes, Christen Way no no.
Speaker 4: I said I'd be hopefully speaking to you before the end of the show to tell you, hopefully some good news, and I do want to make you false promises. I have an update about how much money people have been raised.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: So when I think when we spoke, it was around fourteen thousand, and that was about our quarterbars seven.
Speaker 5: It's now five to eight.
Speaker 4: The total at the moment is twenty two thousand, six hundred and forty four. Isabella, Isabella is getting the puppy. You can get the puppy.
Speaker 2: That is so fantastic. Isabella's here, She's so staked.
Speaker 5: Oh can I can I speak to her?
Speaker 2: Della here? You want to take away?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Is this Isabella Isabella. It is the highlight to speak to you. One amazing woman. You are one amazing girl. You are that you was your idea. Dad told me earlier to donate the six hundred dollars that you guys managed to raise to a little three year old Reagan.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, and you know what make you will start to realize this right, But when you do something nice sometimes in life it comes back to you and people do something nice back to you. And so people have been so moved by your big heart that they've wanted to give money to you. So now they've they've got you over twenty two thousand dollars. And that means you can have your puppy and there's enough there to get them a big bed and a load of food as well.
Speaker 5: Yay. Yeah, isn't that great news? Yeah? Yes, you can have your puppy now. Yay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now have you still got to go to school today?
Speaker 3: I don't know it.
Speaker 11: Then saw the shick, right, okay.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry to hear that. Well, hopefully this cheers you up a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so listen, I'll let you go.
Speaker 4: No, it's busy in the morning and dad's probably trying to get out the door and getting stressed about getting to work. But I just wanted to say thank you for being so kind to a little three and a half year old Reagan this week. That's pretty amazing thing to do, Isabella, and that means you're pretty amazing girl as well.
Speaker 5: But great news is you're getting a puppy two kay, Yeah, And I.
Speaker 4: Mean so many people have been listening this morning. They've all donated, they've all been moved, they all want to help you out.
Speaker 5: They're all like your special friends.
Speaker 4: Now yay, yeah, yeah, you're the most you know what, you're the most popular eleven year old in all of Australia. All right, so listen, Isabelle. I hopefully we'll speak to you again soon, but we just want to give you the great news. But you can get the puppy you really really deserve you.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: It's my pleasure. Thank you is a better, absolute joy, a real pleasure. All right, Isabella, We'll let you go.
Speaker 5: All right, take care, superstar.
Speaker 4: Wow, can you believe that? It isn't it is? It isn't eight o'clock in the morning, and you've raised the money. I think that makes it around thirty three thousand dollars you've raised since really the start of Wednesday's breakfast show. That is just a catchphrase of this week. Extraordinary. I just can't believe it. I generally I don't even know what to say, which is rare for me. But I don't know what to say other than two words thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Do you have a phrase here where you say you legends a lot? But that is the only way I can describe what you've done this week. So in a minute, we'll crack on with the show. You got Brian Adams tickets? Last chance to win your Brian Adams tickets. Guess only one who I think you can get involved in about the Grand Prix this weekend. Pass He's just mentioned the sports news in so they do their practices today. The whole world watching Melbourne this weekend. It's amazing my first Grand Prix here. I can't believe that that you go around Albert park And when I first moved here in May last year, the guy was talking about the amazing sporting candy you have you we have the Grand Prix here. I went, all right, so where is that out of town as it? He goes, No, we're on it now. We're going around Albert Parker.
Speaker 5: I was like, what likes drive? Got a crazy what is here right in town? Go around this? Can't wait to it to see it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Before that's well, say thank you. And we really have to say thank you because this week has been unbelievable and something really really special. So began on Tuesday after long weekend, when we spoke to Jeannette the super Gram trying to raise twenty thousand dollars to get a very special dog, a smart pup for a little grand boy, Lovely Reagan, who's two and a half.
Speaker 5: He's got autism.
Speaker 4: The dog will make a big difference in his life and his mum's life as well. Was to stay up all night trying to keep him calm so it doesn't have any mountdowns or tantrums. But they were a long while off. They were never going to get the twenty thousand dollars together. We said we will pay ten thousand half of it and then ask if you could see if we could together raise the extra ten thousand. You did within sixteen hours, then something that would have been amazing.
Speaker 5: Then there's an extra bit of the story that I'll always refer to.
Speaker 4: This story what happened when a stranger walked into a radio station. A stranger a hero, the hero in Flurro, one of you's called him in high visibility vest work. Boots Carpenter no time for small talk with me, doesn't want to come on the show this week. This is a hard working guy gave us ten thousand dollars in cash to pay it forward, to pay for the next smart pup for whoever that might be, to benefit.
Speaker 5: From them a child in need.
Speaker 4: How amazing is that ten thousand dollars to this guy, he's not like a hedge fund manager. It's a huge amount of money. He had to go back to work to a building site. Ten thousand dollars. He got the last thirty years of finding gold out on their heels. So we then thought, well, we're honor Patrick. That's this hero's name. We're honor his pay it for. We call it Patrick's paying Forward. Can we keep this going?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: I remember two amazing stories from this week. Obviously there's Patrick. Then there's Dell Dale's a homeless guy living out of his truck. He donated five dollars. That five dollars is just as much as the ten thousand to me, that's incredible. And so there was another amazing family with it in this week, Wayne and Isabella, the bub family. They try to get a smart pup for Isabella, who's eleven, and she begins, as you just heard from a dad about an hour ago told us. We put on the spot and said we're now raising money for you guys. Isabella heard what we were doing on Tuesday's breakfast show. They tried to raise money to get Isabella at a smart pump. She is bringing it down here. All these medical terms this week, type one insulin independent. Isabella is way more than that. So it means that every morning and every evening she begins and ends the day with needles, as her dad told us. And there mom and Dad have to do ships throughout the night, half to in the morning, checking that she's okay, not going into a seizure. They got six hundred dollars towards the twenty thousand dollars and they couldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Isabella, here's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Isabella decides, ask mom and dad if they can give the six hundred dollars they raised to Reagan to pay for his puppy. If that doesn't melt your heart, then I don't know what will this week. There's nothing more amazing and beautiful than that this week.
Speaker 5: And so we.
Speaker 4: Began the show this morning saying, look, we've got twelve thousand dollars. Can we can we pay for another puppy? Can you help us out here? And then the moment I saw what happened, the moment we heard from Wayne and he told us about beautiful Isabella. You crashed a website. Literally hundreds of thousands were coming in. I think it's up to now twenty three, twenty four thousand. We've paid for another puppy, so that's not wrong. You have paid for another puppy, So thank you very much. It's an amazing It's been an amazing ride this week, so it is to be part of it and to see what you've managed to do. It always struck me since moving here last year just how supportive Australians are to each other. It's actually quite humbling when I hear the news clips and what's happening in the houses of Parliament right now as a UK appears to be falling on a part on the verge of civil war, and also what's been happening this week when we've seen the worst of humanity Melbourne, just to be reminded to the big hearts that are around us and just the joy it is to help people out and to be more than just ourselves. Now the homeless guy in his truck given five dollars, Patrick giving ten thousand dollars a stranger, even when we said we don't need this money and still said, no, you can do it. We pay for the next puppy. So thank you very very much. Can't set enough this week, but thank you Melbourn, what big hearts you have. You should take real joy and pride in what you've managed to do this week, and think about Isabella and think about little Reagan as well. That's an amazing thing that you've helped to do. So thank you very very much. If you're in a rough spoy life right now, go on to the website, heads to gold one four three Gold one four three dot com dot au. See the messages that he's been leaving up there. Just seeing those won't cost you anything. You don't need to give any money. We've got everything now head there. It will make you feel something and make you feel better about life and the good that is in the world. Goldwei four three dot com dot Au. So thank you very very very much. It's been extraordinary, absolutely extraordinary. We're gonna play some ads right now. I'm gonna have a cup of tea, so we'll getting quite emotional and we're gonna come back. We're gonna give you some Brian Adams tickets and have some fun with a Prix this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All Eyes On album this weekend Albert Part the Grand Prix. I can't believe how he's right in the middle of It's Albert Park. Yeah, I mean the noise people must have been to hear it without even seeing it right for miles you can since.
Speaker 6: They changed the motives. Remember they changed the motors a couple of years ago, so it's nowhing near as noisy as it used to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's I can't believe because there are because there are a couple of Grand Prix around the world, like the Monaco one as well, they're right in the middle. But the one going around Albert Park is spectacular, Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: So here's I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: However, many years I've been driving around London, that's stress roll I've driven in Italy that's even more stressful than I came to Melbourne. Right, the most friendly city I've ever lived in, truly is until you're getting cars. What happens to you in cars? I don't think you even know you've become psychos. I'm not letting anyone out screw you. I'm in a car. I'm nice on the street. If you fall over and you're thinking you need out, then you're my brother in a car, screw you. So I'm thinking, if it's the Melbourne Grand Prix, let's really turn it into the Melbourne Grand Prix. So I think Daniel Ricardo is a hero in a car? Is he? What's he like at doing a hook turn? Okay, let's let's make this say truly Melbourne Grand Prix. Okay, I still do you know what, perhaps nine months have been living and driving here, I've still not doing a hook turn. Oh really, I'll go out my way to another five k, find another way to come back around.
Speaker 5: Still yet to do a hook turn terrifies me.
Speaker 6: Well, it's getting worse. I know there's a pattern coming into effect. What Peter Road, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've looked, and.
Speaker 4: There's a nightmare just trying to get from that's unless you make all the Grand Prix drivers do is go down Punt Road and try and take a right onto tree.
Speaker 6: It's hell, you won't be able to turn right. You've got to instead have to go pass the intersection and then you kind of do like a U turn and back up.
Speaker 5: The traffic there every single morning is a nightmare.
Speaker 4: It's bad at five am getting into Richmond to the radio show Goodness Stones, what it's like at seven am?
Speaker 6: They reckon it's going to improve traffic flow though they've done heaps of studies and they're promising it.
Speaker 4: Is it good a Peter and that they've taken the what's the piece for pain? Yes, all right, so let's turn into a Melbourne Grand Prix, a real Melbourne Grand Prix for what it's really like to drive around here. I mean it's on a Sunday, the Grand Prix. What they should do is, suddenly the last five laps, let the old mammals on. Mammals are the nightmare. They're all out there baside middle aged men in lycra mammals them. They should have to do five laps. Suddenly, bring on the mammals. All the guys crammed into likra, the big old beer guts and breasts wabbling. They should have to try and get when they all ride like three abreast, and they should try and casually go round them. They've got to go prom filming this I'm filming it to put you on YouTube.
Speaker 5: If you can go within like a kilometer of them filming you out and report you to brick Breath.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they should bring on the cyclist as well. What else if it was going to be a Melbourne Grand Prix? What else should be there on Sunday? Let us know the best idea we get you on the next half an hour. I'll give you a pair of tickets to go and see Brian Adams next week nine four one four, one.
Speaker 1: Oh four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Grand Prix weekend, the Melbourne Grand Prix on Sunday, Albert Park.
Speaker 5: Let's make it a true Melbourne driving experienced Grand Prix.
Speaker 4: What should we add? I'm sunny, I'm sorry, I don't care. If Daniel Ricardo is this in right now, I will not respect you as a driver and should trying to do.
Speaker 5: A hook tone? Then then I'll really see it. Is he really that good?
Speaker 4: Well, so you know, when you're driving through Melbourne, you get the traffic lights, ares the guy that comes out in that kind of passive aggressive way off in a squeegey the wind screen or steady roses. They need traffic lights. They should have to just not the rest of us obey traffic lights. And then that thing that people do when this is the light's changing, you go, Can I get.
Speaker 5: Away with it? I don't obviously, but I've seen other people do that.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then so let's turn it into a real Melbourne Grand Prix. What do we need to have? Linda, good morning, Good morning pets and Christian. How are you going? Yeah, we're good, Thank you very much. You've had a good week. What should we do? What do they need at the Melbourne Grand Prix?
Speaker 11: They need divers trend and then and then had the tramp start. Yeah, don't have to predetrians. So the pore you one actually have to stop prians contract.
Speaker 5: Quite right, the little like former queue there won't.
Speaker 4: They'll be in pole position trying to get the tram to move on the little flicky sign to go back up.
Speaker 5: Some pensioner or something old. He gets off and staggers off. Oh I forgot my wallet.
Speaker 4: Hang on, I go back on and Linda, very good, thank you very much, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Peter. Come morning, Peter, glen Iris.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian, here are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Peter?
Speaker 9: You well, yes, I'm well. Thank you excellent Peter.
Speaker 5: This is good news. Now, Peter, what do you think the Melbourne Grand Prix really needs?
Speaker 9: You might remember a few weeks ago a huge sign filled in on the freeway. Yes, so we could have perhaps a few random signs fall on the capture and the race, just to make it interesting.
Speaker 5: An obstacle course, yeah, great idea. Maybe some trap doors around Albert Park as well.
Speaker 4: You know, suddenly those sinkholes that open up those potholes that you get around Melbourne as well.
Speaker 5: Genius idea, Peter. That would liven it up, wouldn't.
Speaker 9: It certainly would make it interesting. Do you believe the race was a bit slow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. Trap doors and falling objects. Brilliant. All right, Peter, thank you very much for that one. Great, well, thank you, Christian. All right, Denise, Hi here youre going. I'm good, Denise. I hope you well. Welcome to the show. What do you reckon it needs?
Speaker 8: Ah, I've got the best one ever. They need to have the mums in the ford only take the children to school and pick them up, let them off in the middle and then just keep on driving. You're going to either be able to overtake them or they're going to go slow as so you lack of the drawing right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You have set that.
Speaker 4: They're terrible, aren't they. And they they're on their phones as they're driving around. You've got a tiny little kid in the bat in sort of a great big tractor.
Speaker 8: And they just stop, let's get it out of.
Speaker 5: The car and check their Instagram then move on when it's good for them.
Speaker 8: Yes, they have to be able to read their mind and your own.
Speaker 4: All right, Denise, thank you very much for that one. Have a great weekend, mate, Thank you, Brad. Good morning guys, morning Brad, welcome to the show. What do you think it needs this weekend? The Grand Prix for a real Melbourne Grand Prix.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to draw through the Burnley Tunnel to take.
Speaker 4: Over exactly got you got to get the right change correct change only on there.
Speaker 12: And random when you go.
Speaker 7: You just got driving a line, just put a cross on.
Speaker 4: It, trying to work out which which which lane is the quickest one and that one gets That's a great idea, Brad, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 5: Ah and the calls coming these are brilliant nine four one four.
Speaker 1: One o four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: We're talking this weekend's Grand Prix, the Melbourne Grand Prix. How do we give it a proper Melbourne drive and experience? What does it need? I'm saying until they do a hook turn, I don't take Daniel Riccardo or Lewis Hamilton's series.
Speaker 5: I don't respect them as drivers. Just nine months of living in this city I managed to pluck up the courage to.
Speaker 4: Do on.
Speaker 5: Linda.
Speaker 4: According earlier, trams are going to overtake trams as they're letting the oldies off.
Speaker 5: Peter, remember the.
Speaker 4: Sign a couple of weeks ago, Look at the guy, Lady wasn't hurt. Signs randomly falling and also trapdoors, Denise, mum's in the four wheel drives brad Only tunnel.
Speaker 5: You've got a pain. So then they shut one of the lanes as well that you were queueing in.
Speaker 4: Some of the text messages coming in the first half of the race goes under the Montague Street Bridge. The second half that's too detour around it because a truck has hit it.
Speaker 5: How often is that tell you current?
Speaker 4: Some truck driver doesn't realize he's in a truck and HiT's.
Speaker 5: A bridge with the pals hit this signs everywhere as well go low line bridge. Bang. That's a great one. He didn't put your name on that. I love that.
Speaker 4: Lollipop ladies and roadkill do they go together? Then, lonipop ladies? Anyone's doing the roadkill?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Grand Prix, old people and membodity schools trying to cross the road.
Speaker 5: Slow these it. Stephen Gelong, good morning, good morning everyone.
Speaker 9: Here are we going?
Speaker 5: We're good Stevie boy, and I hope you're well. Welcome to the show. Thank you, Steve. What do you reckon then?
Speaker 4: What does it need for a true Melbourne Grand Prix got the perfect plan.
Speaker 10: I want a couple of railway crossings with boom gates.
Speaker 7: Now, but I've got it all worked out.
Speaker 10: If you time the boom gates correctly, Daniel Ricardo might actually have a chance.
Speaker 4: You'll be high. They will hear you that, they'll draft you in for the team this weekend. All right, Steve, that's a great one. Thank you very much, mate, have a nice weekend.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate too, Greg.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, and gang.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Greg, welcome to the show. What do you think should happen this weekend for the Grand Prix?
Speaker 7: Well, Melbourne being the home of coffee. Instead of pit stops, we should have coffee stops for getting a short black. They should get along metiado we saw or whatever and obviously drive around and not strilling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, they've got to do five laps.
Speaker 2: Drinks.
Speaker 4: Hold on, yeah, five laps without spinning it. That's a penalty.
Speaker 7: Fantastic, they get penalty if they just get short black. They're more complicated the coffee.
Speaker 5: All right, Greg, that's at great one to thank you very much. These are really funny. Maria, good morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah you called me. I'm not asking you or something, you know, trying to sell it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, what Yes, they have to.
Speaker 8: Go out to multi level car park.
Speaker 5: I did come up with.
Speaker 11: The coffee drive through as well, and then and the line bridging.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Attitude they need to be they need to be included that they're fantastic ideas.
Speaker 5: That great.
Speaker 4: Well, that's great. Maria's called in and put the old stamp on all of this. Thanks Maria for officially giving it the old Maria thumbs up.
Speaker 5: This is tough. Who are we going to give away the Brian Adams tickets too?
Speaker 6: Oh well, they're all good, aren't They haven't got a heap of tickets.
Speaker 4: No patch, that's sorry. Brian Amas didn't give me a hundred tickets to give away. Have you worked in radio very long? What to give away a thousand tickets today? Because Patsy's fling like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I'll never think.
Speaker 4: During this Patsy's know how workout which one of you is going to get the Brian Adams tickets. But these have all been outstanding, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, we're in the Brian Adams tickets for the best way to turn the Melbourne Grand Prix into a real Melbourne Trial experience, goes to Tom. I could have given them to any of them. They're all really funny. His great text about the first half of the Melbourne Grand Prix goes under the Montague Street Bridge. The second half has a detour around it because a truck has hit it. Thank you very much for that. Also, some other ones had come in.
Speaker 5: We're moving on now.
Speaker 4: But speed humps, of course, grant is speed humps around Albert Parker for the Grand Prix, especially those little half ones, you know the ones where they're not right across the road and you just sort of go around them.
Speaker 5: Buses Christian replacing.
Speaker 4: The F one cars between corners two and four Neville outen Point Cook very good and taxi drivers suddenly on the track. No, you want an uber driver. You know some confused Chinese gentlemen going the wrong way around the track. The cars have gone avoid him as he comes up it reading his sat nad confused in a prius and then start doing one of those eight point turns you see them doing in your outgo.
Speaker 5: Where's he going? Now?
Speaker 4: All right, today's that work time waster. Staying with the theme of cars, car celebrities. Can you convert a k? Can you convert a celebrity into a car?
Speaker 5: Mertal Jeep?
Speaker 4: It's good Susie quad Show, Hi, Susie Quat Show.
Speaker 5: Is this on Susie Quat Show? And my last one?
Speaker 4: Because I know how much you love a holding commodore in this country? Favorite car holding Demi Moore, Hold Demi Moore, Sarah holding Demi Moore holding Demi Moore once more. Still nothing, Oh chist Jack back, He's not coming back. Sow Radio works. You take one day off and see you bye, thank you. All right, So marking in the place of Jack will be I don't know whether a fairer marker, or because Jack's actually quite hard or tougher is producer becks I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Be tough today. Really, I think I think he's way too hard. He gives some people nothing if he doesn't understand them, which is most of them.
Speaker 12: I think he half listens to be honest and just says whatever comes to his heir.
Speaker 5: Of course he is.
Speaker 4: He's listened to his favorite moments of his other show, Hamish and Andy with one headphone and me with the other. All right, then send us yours. Tommy just moved the camera minute. I forgot what the text number is. That's better Oh four seven five only been in nine months oh four seven five, O three one O four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three producing doing the marketing today in ten minutes time. After these songs, car celebrities, do your best.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: How does it feel?
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 6: I'm getting used to it. I'll move my over now you just look at suit me.
Speaker 5: It's just not happier, do I It looks I tell you what it looks? Right? Does it? My headphones sounds right?
Speaker 4: Pats has Finally, after three hours and fifteen minutes of the vacant Jack post chair, mosied in to that chair.
Speaker 5: Cuckoo in the nest out of the cake. Oh it is amazing, free woman.
Speaker 4: And this is how radio works. You go away for a day, Jack pone. She chuck a little sicky with nineteen minutes. Notice suddenly it's the universe of life. Nature abhors a vacuum. Patsy's there and it looks right.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Feels great. Never felt better.
Speaker 4: And look your skin's glowing normally still sort of manky in that, but smack it or somebody.
Speaker 5: You look great.
Speaker 4: Ye never want to say anything, but now one's right there. Second chair, that's it, Fifi.
Speaker 5: Jones, where's mama's sadies, Let's not start that again, all right? Then? Marking today guest marker we have today is she's tough, She roars the show. Yes, you're gonna be mark Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Let's go all right there, Yes she is. And that Maca's microphone actually McDonald's microphone would better. You can actually understand what they say. Okay, So with the Grand Prix this weekend, today's that word time where it stuck? Cart celebrities Uh a Doskoda Fanning Mmm bronze.
Speaker 6: Oh she's quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's quicker than Jack who takes quite a while that sort of pin wheel for him to get the old update.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Freddy Klueger silver plus, Terry Hatchbacker Mmmm gold Yeah, I would have given that gold.
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 4: Nick and Bruns with well done, Minnie Vance Joy, Mark and Frankston normally Mark you always signed off Frankston South have you moved?
Speaker 5: What's going on there?
Speaker 4: Jane Honda simple basic, Anita and Baswater well done, Minnie Bradley Cooper Mmmm silver Yeah I think it's it's it's clever enough. Janet and Packingham Sorry, Harrison Ford Focus, that's funny. Gold plus in Beccasfield, Uh, Camery Diaz gold plus brilliant and shirt word down that and finally this morning, Chuck Morris.
Speaker 11: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: Don't don't well down everyone, Why don't produce a back psach the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: You were tran fan back in the day. Love them me too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, great band, really really good band, still doing stuff now and a couple of years ago I did a thing with them and John Taylor, still one of the most beautiful men in the.
Speaker 5: World, really aged well. So I actually took my breath awhile, oh really it was not the sun.
Speaker 4: I had to look away. They've still got the cheap bones and that sort of chiseled and look.
Speaker 5: John Tay work or not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: What really? Oh, that's just that's just it God's perfection, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What I love about this show is you will email me and contact us about anything ideal. However, this one takes the biscuit. I don't know if that's not Australian phrase, another one of my strange Pommy phrases.
Speaker 5: Take the biscuit. Guy called Shane Christian.
Speaker 4: Can you find out if the Snug Irish Pub is open Sunday for Saint Patrick's Day? No answer on the phone or email, and I can't be asked going there before Sunday? What I mean, what is this like the Information Center of Melbourne all of a sudden, I don't know. Does anyone maybe there's a new Friday thing in this? Just small questions you need answered. Does anyone know it's the Snug Irish pub open? If you're an Irish pub and you're not open Saint Patrick's Day, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: I could guess spoiler that if it's an Irish pub, it will be open on the biggest drinking day of the year for us Irish. So yes, the Snug, I'm guessing. But if anyone could let me know, is the Snug Irish frum? I went to an amazing Irish pub last Friday evening. I met Bob Murphy took me there. Yeah, the dead drunken poet right just opposite Vic Market. An amazing pub, really really good one. Right, we need to give you an update. Just four shows this week you have raised over thirty five thousand dollars. We start today's show at six o'clock through and half hours ago it was around twelve thousand and this is the additional money thanks to Patrick the Pay It Forward Patrick's Pay It Forward fund to pay for another puppy. So if you don't know what we've been doing. There was a little boy, three and a half ye old boy called Reagan and Jeanette. His grand emailed me just wanted some gig tickets to try an auction offers. They had to raise twenty thousand dollars to get a smart put for him. This is an assistance put, especially trained puppies to help children who've got special needs. And he's his mum. Marian really needs some help. But they were never going to get the money together twenty thousand and ten months. So we said we're paid ten thousand, and then we thought if you could, is there any way you could help us out somehow or together to raise the extra ten thousand. You did that within sixteen hours. Then stranger walks into radio station with ten thousand dollars in catch.
Speaker 5: It is our friend Patrick.
Speaker 4: The carpenter, a hard working carpenter, turn out work boots and a high vis vest. Didn't hang around how to get back to the work site to carry on. When another day's work ten thousand dollars huge up money to him, he gave it to us and said this can go towards the next puppy. So have all the amazing people who donated to Reagan's puppy. There's an amazing story about the Bub family. The Bub family raised six hundred dollars trying to get a puppy for their eleven year old daughter, Isabella, who is Type one insulin dependent. They have to get up at half two in the morning doing ship's mama dad to check this. She's okay and doesn't go into it insulin induced coma, So they could only get six hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Isabella the little girl she hears Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: Show, and asked if the money that they had raised, the six hundred dollars for her puppy that she won't be getting, could go towards Reagan. How selfless is that? Doesn't that make you think about all the choices we make in life? Just her, she's diabetic, as her dad said earlier than this morning to us, and it moved all of us. She begins every day, ends every day with needles dis injecttion to stay alive. But she said, it's not about me. How about that little boy, Reagan? Can he have our six hundred dollars? So it felt right. You wanted this, We wanted it. We called the Bubb family today and said we're going to try and get you the puppy for Isabella, and you did. You've raised twenty four thousand dollars. Twenty four one hundred and seventy. The money keeps coming in. I keep saying, thank you. It's it's all I can. It's all I've got to say, really, because I generally meet it on the behalf of the Reagan's family, Isabella's family. Thank you. I lovering the messages. If you go to gold one four to three dot com do au. You don't need to give any money. Read the messages of what people and why they're giving. It will melt your heart. Kevin calms, My donation is small, Listen. I keep saying this, no small donations. Every donation is a big donation.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm not donating because I'm part of the Bub family. This is Jaden Bub and the little girl is my sister. But to give the opportunity to the next person in line. Everyone deserves a little easier in life when something they with, something that can help.
Speaker 5: Cheers Gold. You legend.
Speaker 4: You're the legend Jaden and Bubb and your family. Toby Rickman, I'm eleven. I've saved up a bit my pocket money to give you something. I'm up at six in the morning to catch the bus. Heard it mentioned on your show this morning. I thought it was a good time to do it. Good luck collecting the money for the doggie. Thank you very much. Toby Rickman, another eleven year old here with someone else who's donating their week's pocket money. Thank you very much. Neil and Jackie Chapman. Thank you missed out and donating initially to Reagan. Glad you have the opportunity to help out to another child. Isabella story touched me personally as my mum is on a similar regime of incident and has many high pots in her life. I know how fantastic that early warning would be with Isabella and Rebecca Edwards. Karma life is swings aroundabouts. You give, you get hopefully, and the ossy spirit of matship stays alive. The Aussie spirit of matship has been amazing this week.
Speaker 5: Been in full forth all right everyone, Thank you very much. Great work.
Speaker 4: Check out the messages Gold one I four to three dot com, do au, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three Okay, well that's it for us. What a week you have had.
Speaker 4: It has been a stunning week something that we will always remember the last four shows. Just in four shows, you paid for not one, but two smart pups that will change the lives of two young children here in Melbourne, Lord three and a half year old Reagan with autism and lovely Isabella who's insolent dependent. It will change their lives and their families. Love You've raised some like over thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Incredible, Yeah, in three shows. So we can't thank you enough.
Speaker 4: And the title of today's show is simply two words, thank you, because that's all I can say at the moment. It has been We've met so many people now as the show goes along and we start to meet so many of you who become part of our extended radio family. It's a very odd, dysfunctional radio family, but like all families, you know, Patrick Dell, Isabella Reagan and all the lovely people who've left these amazing messages on our page him out over the weekend, we'll put them up on our Facebook page as well. You have a lovely weekend, so you celebrating your own wedding an aversion.
Speaker 6: Going out for dinner tomorrow in Florentino's, which is our favorite restaurant. Books looking for you, going upstairs into the mural room.
Speaker 4: I've been downstairs. Have you been downstairs? Had a beautiful meal there. They showed me upstairs afterwards. It was like a game show. It's what you could have won, but we were downstairs. That was amazing.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful, gorgeous. Put all the meals on the wall.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like it's been like that since the thirties. Really think his great grandfather.
Speaker 5: It's just the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a beautiful room, isn't it. Oh, have a lovely time next week on the show. Then big, big, big week for us. It's the return of footy. Next week on the show, we'll be unveiling our brand new AFL correspondent, very excited about this and making his debut on the show, Ricky Gervaise live from London.
Speaker 5: That's all next week, but for now, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold four point three