Speaker 1: All right, everybody, I have an idea for you. That's not my idea, I've stolen it, but I think it might help you if you were in a long term relationship and you've been waiting for your partner to propose. Ye, but they're dragging their feet.
Speaker 2: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, Britt, what do you do? You know, if you've got a boyfriend and they won't propose to you, like, how do you try and speed that process.
Speaker 3: Of subtly not so subtly, like leaving the hints around like pictures of rings with big circles around them and highlighted.
Speaker 2: This wonder woman.
Speaker 1: Now she's been in a relationship for seven years, which I think is a really long time. If one of you wants to get married now, her boyfriend says, yeah, in the future, but we can't do it. Yeah, you know, we don't have the money. We don't have this anyway. They're twenty nine years old.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Originally the excuses were that it was because they were still studying and they had other big things that they were working towards. Now he says it's because they just don't have quite enough money. But he recently went out and bought himself a motorbike, a very expensive motorbike, which made her realize maybe getting married is just not a prayer. Things cost money, yes they do, Yeah, but you don't have to have a big wedding. It's not necessarily about the wedding, right like every seven years. It's about the commitment, it's about the ring. So what she did is she went and she spoke to her sister, and now her sister has been married. After two years of dating, they got engaged, they've gotten married. She's off living her life and doing what she wants to do. Jealous, and her sister said, here is something that I did in my relationship and at work to treat you are going to withdraw all of your wife privileges. And what that means is instead of living together, instead of cooking and cleaning and picking up his clothes and making his life easier, all the things that you would do if you are together in a relationship, a committed, long term relationship. She was like, you have to remove the wife privileges go back to dating. So she's decided she's no longer going to sign the new lease with her partner unless he is going to propose to her. She's going to move out and she's going to go back to dating and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Wait, Laura, you're the only one in this room that's married. You're the only wife in the studio. Do you know, like, do you have wife privileges?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? What's some other wife privileges that we don't know about?
Speaker 1: Having a headache and going to sleep earlier? Okay, having seven minute missionary?
Speaker 3: No, okay, wife, I don't think that's it, because I think is what she's doing for him, not exactly. So wife privileges is more so just like when you're in a long term and committed relationship, it's all the things that you do to make your partner's life easier, the things that you would do if you were dating as well. But when you're dating, you get to go home to your own space and live in you you know, you can go back to your own apartment.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be in their space all the time. You also don't have to deal with all the things that are the undesirable parts of a relationship, like after each other. Yea. And so she's just said, well, you're quite happy to live our life like we're married, right, now you're quite happy to do everything that a married couple would do, but you don't have any of the responsibilities of being married.
Speaker 4: I think seven years is too long. Rit what do you stand on it? You need to have had the discussion or be ready to propose by It's.
Speaker 3: A pretty blanket statement to be like, seven years is too long. Who knows what's gone on in their life in seven years or other reasons behind it. But she does have to make a decision if, like, is marriage important enough to her that if she's not going to get it, she'll leave the relationship entirely. Otherwise it's an empty.
Speaker 4: Three Now, yeah, I agree, thirteen one of six five is seven years too long to wait to propose.
Speaker 2: Do you what, Laura, where do you stand on this?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think if it's what you want in your life, like for some people, marriage is important. For some people it's not. But if it's important to you and your partner knows it's important to you, then seven years of waiting for that is a really long time, especially if the excuses are we don't have enough money. I have enough money from motorbike.
Speaker 2: The phone lines look at them like a Christmas tree.
Speaker 4: Lot people are opinionated, Amanda, what do you think seven years?
Speaker 2: Is it too long?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 2: No, it's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think like a lot depends on the couple and there's a lot of factors weighing into it.
Speaker 4: But I mean they talk.
Speaker 3: About a seven year itch when you're married, but I think this is a seven year itch to get married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. All right, Sarah are you there?
Speaker 3: What do you think is seven years too long?
Speaker 4: I answer, don't think it is.
Speaker 3: You know, you're with someone that you love and it's still working.
Speaker 2: I guess No, let's go to Casey.
Speaker 3: Casey, is seven years too long? I would probably say yes, my opinion, but I mean everyone has their own opinion, but I would say yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean fair, I'm only a year into my relationship and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Taking away the white privileges last one eleanor quickly? Seven seven years too long? Not long enough for proposal.
Speaker 3: Way too long.
Speaker 2: I'd be out of there. Wow, that was animals. Well, we've got we've done the pole.
Speaker 4: Eighty two percent of calls we've been taking them in the background, eighty two percent say seven years is too long.
Speaker 1: I want to know, though, like, would you withdraw the privileges, would you? Okay, if you get to a point where you're like, marry me or propose to me, or if you're not going to, then something needs to change.
Speaker 2: I don't think it out.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I don't think an ultimatum is actually that healthy in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I would not withdraw privileges. Isn't it so you just broke up with them? No, I wouldn't. And what'd you do? Just keep believing I'd be very sad all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's a winner, Yeah,