Speaker 1: Appreciation.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Chris, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Do you say anger?
Speaker 4: I say passion on the flobber Gaster scale, my.
Speaker 2: Lord, dear testing again, Christian O'Connell show on Gold four point three.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jack Barlow's your morning question. Hey hey, hey, hey hey, you're right in there. What's going on with the news? You're okay?
Speaker 3: A bit of a comedy of erarors this morning.
Speaker 6: Boys.
Speaker 4: It started when I turned up and someone was in my car space, which is just not know us. And then our news boss went down. But anyway, we got there.
Speaker 5: In the end, you got to explain what news Sorry when you say these terms that you obviously live and breathe every day and if it's okay, but even I'm like, what is news boss?
Speaker 3: News Boss is basically our soog.
Speaker 5: New Nickelodeon show.
Speaker 4: It's what we ride all out and prep all our news on, and it decided it wouldn't wear.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not your fault, you know. I got told by Christian before we started Mercury is in retro grap heavy retrograph.
Speaker 5: But Patsy will know this, yep, And so it's.
Speaker 1: Not your fault. Just communications are more difficult during the next two days.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 3: So funny, because yes, it's at its full force this.
Speaker 1: Morning, bloody mercury.
Speaker 5: Over the weekend, what happened went to solstice for the Southern Hemispace summer summer stalls. Weren't you aware of that? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the shortest day and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're now moving towards minute by minutes towards the summer, which is great. When I start that, Wow, summer started. Look it out there. It's a beautiful day today, Patsy. How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, it wasn't so great. I've done myself a mischief.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, I've hurt my back badly.
Speaker 4: Yes, forty somethings and twister don't mix. We had the big sleepover Friday nights.
Speaker 5: Not at our age. There needs to be like a middle aged version of They should have a sort of like six different decade relevant versions. I don't mean like like an eighties theme one, I said, giving the decade you're living at the moment, so obviously you got the young person's game when you have limitless flexibility in your body. But every decade twenty thirties, but now in the fourties, Patsy, they need a special version for us where we get maybe something your hand or hang on to with the handles. There's got wheels on you know, you see them in the gym, don't they give it one of those? And stretching out of that list, you're strapped to your feet like roller skates and all your hands to be able to move to the red disc and the blue disc. But otherwise that's a chiropractice dream.
Speaker 3: Moved a disc or right off hurt.
Speaker 5: My backpack, really hurt it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's absolutely killing me.
Speaker 1: And what were you reaching for? Right hand grain, left foot bloo?
Speaker 4: I was going for left and right different. I don't know what I was doing, but it just went twang and I went.
Speaker 5: Yeah, obviously this is just you're playing in the bedroom with the love God. Yeah, body wasn't around.
Speaker 3: Saturday night occurrence.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Good Morning Christian o'connells Show on Gold one I four point three from Mercedes Benz Mornington. So Paul Patsy genuinely has actually hurt her back playing Twister over the week and the classic which you cool that you can't call it board game because it's not really board It's like probably the cheapest game.
Speaker 1: Plained away with all the board games that doesn't.
Speaker 5: It lives with the board games. Is it a boxy board type thing? It lives with them, But it's not really a board game. But probably the cheapest to make boardish game there is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's no pieces in there and no cards that they have to print.
Speaker 5: I mean year by year. The prophets must have gone up at the Twister factory because the means of making that cheap sort of thing. It's more or less the thing you lay down when you're painting. It's only half a gram.
Speaker 1: Plastic drop sheets it is. It's one of those Oh but you've also got the spinner together. Spinner and ours used to when.
Speaker 5: I always went up and down. It's like a cheap compass.
Speaker 1: It goes spinner as hard as you would go, you know, three degrees. Yeah, it wouldn't even get a full rotation.
Speaker 5: So I was saying, how they really should for it was a game that I used to play with the kids when they were obviously younger, but it always used to be over Christmas after a couple of drinks. You play with your readies as well and play that Anyway, I wondered if there's anyone else this morning who was up and about who has injured themselves over the weekend. Something has happened to you, a little mishap over the weekend, and you're also injured like Patsy. So on Friday you're fine. The weekend happens. Obviously, this is going down one of your Bombers players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean he's not injured, he's he's just tested for COVID.
Speaker 5: What a shame, just when the foot he came back. I actually think what happened really is the Bombers saw how powerful as d's were, so throw oh. I don't want to take on the mighty ds. Have you've seen them now with Gorney Petraga, I'm going to go and get the old COVID tested. We forfeit the next two weeks to hide from the power the majesty of the new d's, the twenty twenty d's.
Speaker 1: That's what's one point when? Yeah last week, yeah.
Speaker 5: Hot, take hetake Christian O'Connell show podcast on God one A four point three, come on, I have you well? S wrning six twenty five late? What's up now for you? Email? Sort of dropped into me of the weekend. We call these latesla party. No topic that we've ever kicked up on the show, it's ever left completely dead. You can email us whenever you want that suits you. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Twenty five to seven, Christian O'Connell Show on Gold one oh four point three. So looking at my phone earlier, and because there's something I was supposed to have ordered and booked yesterday, but yeah, I think I forgot and that the hard rubbish, no, not that, No, something that was actually genuinely important, which my wife was like, do you need to write this down? And I go, no, no, no, no, it's up top. It's gonna happen. I guess that's like when you go into a restaurant and they don't have that notepad out, they don't write your order down. That stresses me out, and I go, you don't want to write this down? And now I've got it all. Then ten minutes later they come back and go checking, sorry, did you want No? No, no, I said I didn't want.
Speaker 1: You said you were deadly allergic to peanuts, didn't you okay, unlucky. I checked you've.
Speaker 5: Got the Death by Peanuts. Anyway, I was looking on my phone about the I just saw the top text here and what it says. I think sometimes when you look at the text that you send, because we send so many message, whether it's on WhatsApp or on SMS, sometimes when you just read it back, you're reders how strange they are. It's like an inbox, isn't it. I mean, I've got tons of me. I'm terrible. I don't even bother delete anything. It's just one giant, ongoing mega inbox there. What's the top text? What does it say? Whether you sent it or you've received it? Jat what's the time right now?
Speaker 1: My one is from my dad last night. He says, oh wow, yes, I remember Kerry. Haven't seen her for thirty five years or more. And this is actually kind of cool. I sent him a screenshot of somebody on Instagram who reached out to me, and all they said was my uncle was best mates with your dad.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 5: That's to all the Instagram first communication with this.
Speaker 1: You never talked before I put up I put up a picture of my newspaper yesterday, and he had nothing to do with this. This person's response, My uncle was best mates with your dad. I said, oh great, who's that Wayne Pine from Hardelberg sadly passed away. Now, yeah, my dad's best friend when he was growing up is this guy Wayne Pine? Sadly he died in a car accident twenty five years ago. And so I said, yeah, of course my dad talks about Wayne all the time. He goes, yeah, my mum, Kerry has photos of your dad and mum when they were younger. So I took a screenshot of this and I.
Speaker 5: Sent it to myself. This key for a message on Instagram about whether or not you should own your newspaper because it was rolled up.
Speaker 1: How you flattened the newspaper.
Speaker 5: Prompted someone to talk about some ball guy who, yeah, isn't here anymore. Mine is Patsy, what's yours?
Speaker 4: Mine is from mine to the love God. Last night, just after eleven pm, please come and rub my back?
Speaker 5: What isn't it? Someone?
Speaker 1: It's to Matt, None of that.
Speaker 5: Someone likes to play the patient. Someone the doctor's calling knock three times to get that Stevus go about I told you before keep that sex life of yours off air.
Speaker 3: Okay, none of that.
Speaker 5: Mine, says the I just read it to you. Okay, this is sent to somebody, but you didn't answer him. Do you own a Rolls Royce. This is Russell Brand. Russell Brand's doing this podcast that he's doing for a couple of mile months now. It's brilliant. It's called under the Skin. And over the weekend he had an extraordinary guest on I would say probably the wisest man of the world, and that is Eckart Toll. One amazing guest. Yeah, Russell's got his phone. Russell would have his phone number, right, Russell genuinely has his phone number. He told me a couple of years ago when he first got it, he rang Eckart Toll moaning about some problem he was having with a girlfriend. I mean, you don't waste Eckart Toll's number on such small stuff like that. He's working out everything to do with the world, not Russell Brand's problems. There's underpants. But anyway, He's done this two hour interview with their cart Toll over the weekend and it's it's extraordinary, it's amazing. You know, Russell aircut tole you know famously the big book he wrote it was called The Power of Now, about being in the moment and the universe and life and there's so much going on there, but he makes it in a very successful way. He's got this lovely lightness term and this little gig leave. He's, like, I think, one of Oprah Winfrey's most frequent guests on there see you can find her all his chats all free online on YouTube. Anyway, him and Russell Brand Russell does it's an extraordinary interview with him where Russell doesn't actually say a lot. He lets their cart told you all the talking, and it's an amazing interview. It's two hours, right, and honestly it is life changing. I was just saying to Jack, I keep rewinding it. I'm only halfway through it. I'm only about fifty seven minutes into it. I keep rewinding it and going back to the start because there's so much stuff in there that's so interesting and really genuinely makes you think about life and thought and everything. And anyway, I was just texting Russell saying, this is a great chat. You should do a couple of separate podcasts, just going through it, playing some bits back and talking about like your own director's commentary anyway. Fifteen minutes at the start of it, Eckart sort of says, how someone like Russell brand I've obviously built a lot of his identity is ego around his beautiful looks, right, And Eckart said, that's not my story. I don't look like you. I feel like you. I would. I built it around being an intelligent, learned man, you know. And he goes, and I guess someone like you might be about wealth and all these external things, thinking this is who I am. I drive a Rolls Royce and it goes. I don't know why I picked a Rolls Royce, but that's the kind of car I imagine someone like you might have. Russell. Russell says nothing and it moves on, which is why I test Russell, go and go. You didn't answer, Eckle, Right, do you have a Rolls Royce? Anyway? What's the first text that's at the top of your phone this morning, whether you've sent it or received it. You can just call us up if you want to read it out, or you can just forward it onto us. Okay, no explanation, just send it over to us. Oh four seven five O three one O four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three. For the record, Russell still hasn't answered me.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast ten to seven.
Speaker 5: The Monday morning. By the way, how to get on with the painting over the weekend? On Friday show, you were telling us about a painting to paint a feature wall. I do And the reason why asked this is because you know you you, you and your wife Banky. You like to do the board games, the jigsaws at the weekend, but you can be slow on the turnaround for some I'm talking to you more than your wife on DIY project saying there was the hat the wall hat hat wrap that took what five weeks?
Speaker 1: Five weeks? The toilet's seat in the en suite is still off the toilet, Yeah, we always have to use then to No, we don't. We just both have to share the other one.
Speaker 5: Rather than actually sort it out.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do this one. I actually don't know how to do. No, it's not just a scraw on problem. There's something broken with it.
Speaker 5: Buy a new one, because then you just need that that that screw that's got is the other one. I mean, yeah, yeah, plastic is plus is and what it is? What is that? Is it a wing nut? I don't know, because there's gold a wing nut because there two little things there is also like wings as well. All right, anyway, how do you get on with painting the feature wall painting? We got the priming done. Preparation is everything with painting. It's gonna sound like we haven't done much, but we've taped all the sides.
Speaker 1: We got the little corner painted, the corner of someone called the show. Someone called the show about we found out at Bunnings.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: We've put the drop sheet down, we've put newspaper down, we've cleaned it.
Speaker 5: So what I'm hearing is you've done everything apart from actually paint the wall.
Speaker 1: And we painted the primer on, but the primary can just bang on and then obviously sometime this week the wall color the mustard.
Speaker 5: Just up and just hanging hanging around there becomes that thing you don't even want to look at. You'll be adjusting your seats. You don't see that thing, so it's not there, going Hello, when are you going to come and actually finish this job? All right? Some of the text messages we're asking you this morning. Haven't look at the top of your phone that text messages at the top there. Whatever it is, whether you've received it or sent it, just forwarded it onto us. No explanation. Let's go to this one. Okay, I finished. Didn't think you wanted to hear poop noises? Is that someone texting someone else within the house going shut the door?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or stay at the other end of the house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you guys put music on or anything while you go to the toilet?
Speaker 5: No, because I'm not married to the Queen.
Speaker 1: I do I put it? Yeah, I put the like that.
Speaker 5: That's me just says I'm doing a real big number two. I need to put some of chatica on. No, No, it just seems angry. No. I always lay down what they call the fireman's blanket, though, what's it now? That is where if you're going for a sit down one at number two, you'll just layer off at the bottom there a couple of toilet I've want to catch the soft of the soft of the landing. Why it's called the fireman's blanket. The firemen in like nineteen fifties movies to they all get the corners of a blanket and ask someone to jump. So think you put down the fireman's blanket. That way, it's all silent. It's going to you don't need the music. Everyone has their way firemon's blanket, right, I give up three supermarkets later? No luck. That's someone who's been sent on some kind of mission to get some very particular thing from a supermarket, the golden ring or the golden slipping off. He's done the rule of three and then he's just given up.
Speaker 1: I would never go to even a second supermarket if it's I wouldn't even go to another aisle if it's not in thea.
Speaker 5: This guy's conciducts before it. I can see his name's Grant Grant this. And the thing you do is you just go to one. You tell them you went to the in the car park and just read the paper. This is ra bloody hell. Four down, Okay, grab a coffee. This go on here, I'll have San Danielle and.
Speaker 1: See what's San Danielle.
Speaker 5: I believe it's a cure type of meat check San daniel I think is like a type of very nice top of the range. Is that right? It's coming up with an artwork in have you put San Daniel. Yeah, I put Daniel Danielle the A N I E L E. It's yeah, there you go, very nice hold down low adjacent to the entry gate.
Speaker 3: That's for a package package or what.
Speaker 5: Do you call where the secret keys or educate or the key safe? I would guess. Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on God one oh four point three for Mercedes Benz Mornington. I was just a boring jack about a trip. I went to a audio high five shop at the weekend. Was I a bit excitable? Then it's Christmas.
Speaker 1: It is Christmas and birthdays old come at once. He's talking about, you know, he wants to set up the vinyl room in his house.
Speaker 5: Being installed next Monday. This was my birthday present in April, and over the weekend I went to this vinyl place and you know, and he had one of these little kind of demo, small little theater rooms. We had like the speakers and the amp and the vinyl and all this. And he came to the house last week and he said, I've got got the idea of what the room will need. I'll set some stuff up. You come and have a look. Sat today because also we've got a load of violin there. Pick what vinyl you want to hit, or bring some if you want to. I sadly brought my own vinyl along, so I wanted to hear that's cool, had a board hiding in a bag. My wife went, what how old are you? Young music fan? What's wrong with that? He wants to bring his own music? What if he put some crappy album in and I go, I get more annoyed about the sound of that, some inferior album, and I don't think about the Stones all a led zep, which is what I turned up with, then Miles Davis some kind of blue as well, just to hear jazz and rock and roll. So when I get there and I don't know if I imagine this right, because my wife wanted to come along.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well the guy, I mean, he's thinking, he's thinking.
Speaker 5: He had an argument in the cars when we go in. You know, just you know, Steve and I are going to have to talk a lot about you know, the high m frequency and stuff like that. It's audio talk. And she was I said, I know you're wired about the look of the room, but ultimately that has to come second place. To the sound. It's got to sound like Keith Richards is in the room.
Speaker 1: And what all Steve is thinking is because he would he would have seen you, seeing how excitable you are. And this guy is a blank check.
Speaker 5: Scratch check, but definitely blank. He's walking commission now and then when they're gone, oh there's a there's a woman with him that bicking. No, my wife position commission is not having this. The guys scratching down from the whiteboard that we could take the year off. He's a DJ as well. But he's got his hang. I know it's all looking good. He's turn he brought his own final back on guys, Back on guys is all good. So wife comes on. She's got a load of questions about the colors and the mix and match the floorboards of this color, Chris, didn't you think that's through room's whole thing? You know? Steve's upset. I'm upset.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know if I imagine all this. However, God, it was so exciting. So it's been installed next week or all today. The amp jack, you know, and then the turntable and they're going to be what do you call speakers on stands? It doesn't get soaked up by the couch awesome?
Speaker 1: And did they have to The first guy who came around and quoted you was going to like cut into the floor and run cables out of the floor and through the walls and stuff. Do they have to do any carpenter work?
Speaker 5: Sometimes? I actually wonder how my wife puts up with me. I was like, yeah, if that's what it takes, the floors up. Floors are overrated. That's what have glaston in here. Dig the house up. I don't care if it lowers the house price? Do I sign off on that? Now? He we won't We go with that one obviously. All right, So this point in the show on a Monday, we go around the team and tell you about what happened to us with the song that sums up our weekends? Would do it? Next?
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: On God Just the Christian O'Connell Show is fourteen minutes past seven. Over the weekend that felt like it was a vinyl theme weekend. I mentioned this the other week, how I've got this two portable little vinyl players for my two teenage daughters. Yeah, all they play Now there's nothing coming off Sonos, it's all vinyl. It's wonderful sound to seeing these different vinyl songs. There's something about the crackle and the warmth on vinyl, and even I see them when they get like we did as young music fans. They get it out of the sleeve and you hold it the edges, you place it down the needle and then it drops in that groove and then you're transport. It's a portal to a different world and the music and that it's an incredible thing. Anyway, I've decided in a couple of weeks time. It's going to take quite a bit of planning. And I can tell ahead of music. Is this going to explode when he hears we say this. He's got me calm down. This morning, Jason, we can talk about it. It will take a couple of weeks. All right, we'll build this slowly. My friend, hold my hand. I'll take you to a promised land together. What about this? I have a dream the vinyl only show. We play eighties and nineties, right, that stuffs vinyl. We grew up. That's what it should be heard in every single song. There's no song that comes from the hard drive like all radio stations are one, every single one all over the world. It's all off hard drives. Now we go back to the day's of Finyl. Every single song we play six to nine is nothing but Vinyl love It. Yeah, yeah, great, Okay, all right, Patsy, what's the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 4: This definitely undoubtedly has to be mine this week. So I was moaning coming out at six o'clock about my back. I have done a very big mischief to my back. We had this big sleepover Friday night. The eight year old's bff came over for the first big sleepover.
Speaker 5: Oh cool.
Speaker 4: They had so much fun, giggling and carrying on and not a lot of sleep.
Speaker 5: And then what time they turn in one?
Speaker 3: Oh, it must have been after one. I'm sure it was, but I bet it wasn't.
Speaker 5: I bet it was like nine o'clock. You know there used to go around to a friend's house. There's no TV in a corner that family, where's your TV? Why are we going to bed at nine? As well?
Speaker 3: No, they camped out in front of the big TV.
Speaker 4: They had a really lovely time and build cubbies and made slime and painted nails and.
Speaker 1: Did all those I remember anytime you slept over at your friend's house when you were finally exhausted and you were going to sleep, you goy, he's still away.
Speaker 5: That's the best bit of the sleepovers when the lights go out. Why you always be giggling, wouldn't you at that time? And I don't know why. It was like the happiest you probably ever going to be is that that bit where the light goes out and you're giggling, and then it doesn't really it's not really right until one of the parents goes that's enough now, Okay, enough giggling. Sleep fun.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Saturday, we were figuring out what to do, and we bake some cakes and played some board games and.
Speaker 5: Stick on the old Golden Girls.
Speaker 4: No, didn't put the Golden Girls on, but they both wanted to play twister, and I thought, oh, okay, twenty something Pat's thought that she could play twister with the two girls.
Speaker 3: But forty year old Pats no no, who used.
Speaker 5: To be a highland dancer, You're.
Speaker 3: Like a high level many decades ago Christian.
Speaker 4: But I thought that I could do it. And you know, I wanted to be the cool mom. I didn't want to be that mum that just like, oh no, it was so cool.
Speaker 5: She played twist over and a Highland jig around the games. She's a little bit odd, but god, yeah she's cool.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I really regret it because the old sciatica has reignited.
Speaker 5: Are you poor thing? You with that much pain?
Speaker 3: I'm really in pain. It hurts to sit down. I've got a hot water bottle.
Speaker 5: Was it mid game?
Speaker 3: It was mid game, and I think I did give out a scream and all well.
Speaker 5: Because the worst one was when it wasn't just when you're spread out, but you know, the different sort of the four corners is when you've got to do that one where you go up anunda and down to the road. Even now it's that yoga you're doing that.
Speaker 4: I had to twist around to my left and I just feed it straight away.
Speaker 5: No, might I have done something to a disc with that couch?
Speaker 4: Well, something major? Anyway, So I had to sit there for a bit and the girls are saying.
Speaker 5: Not a knee?
Speaker 1: Do they keep playing? Did they finish the game? I don't care.
Speaker 3: Did you move off the mattress of the thing.
Speaker 5: It's a new game, now push the money.
Speaker 4: It took me a while to catch my breath, and I just set the rest of the game out.
Speaker 3: It's pretty sad.
Speaker 5: So have you got to go and see a chiropractor this week?
Speaker 4: I can't get into my physio. I've got a U butte physio. I can't get into Kate till Wednesday, but I reckon.
Speaker 5: I shout out to Kate by the way. Yeah, none of those random names that Peras just brings in. But you're going to send Jack out. If Jack is quite essential to the show, You're going to send him out into the darkness down to get your coffee, because no, no, he is needed. He's an essential web. I know you think that all of us around you're like the sun and we're just like small planets. That's like planets, one of the big ones.
Speaker 3: And how it happened?
Speaker 5: Will you totally he's dead?
Speaker 4: He said, can I get you a cup of tea? And I said I'd love a coffee because I just used coffee.
Speaker 6: Say a question.
Speaker 5: He just meant to quick down there at the hot water town.
Speaker 3: He thought, I meant to go and fetch an espresso.
Speaker 1: Come on, Christian, because every day you make Jamie the video guy, Yeah, from.
Speaker 5: We Lose Whole our productivity because old do you want it? We're after We're going to kick on a break now after this, then we ask Jack what's the song that sums up his week? And if there is anybody buy who can drop in a coffee, perhaps they'll be break.
Speaker 2: Christian Iconnell Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 5: Show Podcast eight on Gold Christian O'Connell Show, Jack post, what is the song that sums up your weekend?
Speaker 1: We have started home newspaper deliveries every weekend.
Speaker 5: Now no meaning to do that.
Speaker 1: We were finding we were going out to get it on the weekends. Anyway, Bianca loves all the lift outs. I like doing the crossword and then from time to time we'll.
Speaker 5: Sometime Saturday reading the paper together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is my song that sums up my weekend?
Speaker 5: Newsday seven eyes is there doing the newspaper together doing the crossword.
Speaker 1: It feels very grown up to go out of the get my rolled up newspaper in the back.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 5: You now made it? And are you doing that Saturday and Sunday?
Speaker 1: Saturday Sunday. The only problem is the roll up, like when you go to the supermarket and get it or the local shop you get it flat. It comes all.
Speaker 5: Rolled up traditional way as well, paper is there's a flat that's the paper, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: But the delivery comes all rolled up. So even after you peel off all the plastic, it's still got that an umbrella shape. It's like an umbrella. So and it bugs me to open it and read it like that. So I've got this method where I put it on the floor when I first open it, and now turn a stool upside down, and I put the stool on top.
Speaker 5: Of the printing press.
Speaker 1: And over time you've got to leave it for half an hour an hour and it will flatten out the newspaper and then you're all good.
Speaker 5: I know the Queen years ago, someone it was their job years ago. This is obviously a couple days ago, would iron her newspapers in the morning, say with the Queen mother as well, I.
Speaker 1: Can only imagine how flat they.
Speaker 5: Have they scrunched up times of London.
Speaker 1: Because this gets it. The stool gets it pretty flat, but definitely not as flat like the Queen has it. I put it on Instagram yesterday asking if anyone else flattens their paper anyway, because.
Speaker 5: That's what Instagram is built for. Isn't it You know you're not going to TikTok with that one a funny dance about it or something with a scrunched up paper.
Speaker 1: People say people have different methods. Like somebody wrote in and said that they they do iron it. They put it in a pillowcase and iron it flat. I got three or four responses though, of people saying they put it in their microwave, and we'll have And if you fold a newspaper in half and put it in your microwave, apparently comes out flat really because it hates it. Yeah, Now I didn't have it. I don't even have a microwave, so I couldn't try it.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have a microwave.
Speaker 5: I no, hipsters don't.
Speaker 6: It's serious.
Speaker 5: Hipsters don't. Now it makes his own gen and some sort of it's got like a denim loom out of the back as well, but they won't have modern technology and.
Speaker 1: That you know, Wow, Yeah, isn't it bad for your food?
Speaker 5: And microwaves taste grape? Really quick?
Speaker 1: Could you put a newspaper in there? I thought that that sounds dangerous to me, like it might catch fire.
Speaker 5: That's how long you put it in for me, don't stick it in for an hour for sure. Have you actually used a microwave?
Speaker 1: I remember them from when we were kids and making like a hot miler or something. But I haven't used a microwave in ten years.
Speaker 5: I think when you started go funny campaigning for old Post. Get it all right, microwave.
Speaker 1: I don't even have the bench top space if I needed one. My question is it doesn't sound safe and does anybody do it?
Speaker 5: I guarantee people be thing right now who will put it in microwave to flatten out the newspaper. If that's you, give us a call or we'll have other ways to flatten out that scrunched up newspaper. If you, if you have yours delivered, you will have some way to strain out Christian Connel show on Gold misshurd Lyric's coming up after eight o'clock. Right now, though, Jack Post, this is a game change over the weekend. You have entered adulthood.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm getting the newspaper delivered on a Saturday and Sunday morning. I guess over the next few weeks, I got to teach my dog to go and fetch it out from the front lawn and bring it in. That's the next step. But someone message, how's this? Someone messaged me on Instagram when I put up the photo of my rolled up newspaper and trying to flatten it, said, in Sydney they've started doing flat deliveries. They put it in a little plastic briefcase and they still fling it over the fence.
Speaker 5: But it comes the hoyperlinn live whilst here a Victoria was smearing COVID and we've got up scrunched up newspapers. That's how they do it in Sydney. Okay, all right, let's go to the lines. Now we've got Ronda on the line. I was so earlier, how years ago? If you've seen the TV show The Crown, which is a brilliant show on Netflix. Always most episodes, Patsy begins with the Queen reading the newspaper with her marmalade on toast, and I said that someone's job to iron the newspaper for it, she can't have a scrunched up copy of the Times of London, Ronda, good morning, good morning tell us.
Speaker 7: Traditionally, the ironing of the newspaper was to set the ink and prevent the ink, getting onto the handes, having the handes.
Speaker 1: Wow. So then they would do not just do the front of the paper in the back, they would do each individual page.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, definitely, how's it good?
Speaker 1: Doesn't she do? They skip parts? You think that she's not. They know she doesn't read the real estate section, and you can skip that.
Speaker 5: Well, she doesn't need to con Ronda, how do you know? This?
Speaker 7: Just something I've seen on TV documentary or something or other some stage, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Sometimes those bits of information that aren't relevant to our every day like we get launched in the back of your brain of it. Ronda? Thank you very much, cool mate, and you have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Buy it's gonna Amanda. Good morning, Amanda, Good morning. Now, Amanda. Are you the person who was kind enough to help Jack out on Instagram yesterday?
Speaker 8: I was? I am indeed, Yes.
Speaker 5: This is Radio three point zero, so you do it rivals Instagram, on air, online, on air.
Speaker 1: Bang, Amana, we're crazy that you're listening to the show this morning. But you are the person who sent the You even sent me a photo journal of how you unroll your newspaper folded in half, put it in the microwave. For thirty seconds, then it comes out flat.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's exactly what I do. I was very skeptical when I first tried it. I thought that there's no way this is ever going to work. But it does.
Speaker 5: How long do you put it in for? Because this sounds like a game changer, and I guarantee that we people listen right now who want to do this. So you put it in the microwave, and Jack was saying, you fold the newspaper in half.
Speaker 9: Correct, yes, and then you put it in for about thirty seconds. If it's a bit sicker, you can put it in for maybe forty. But it comes out warm and it actually threatens the kinks out of the paper so you can read it.
Speaker 5: This is why microwaves are great as well. They work in the thirty second window, which is how I like to live my life fast and furies to do it mile at a time. I'm more thirty seconds, so I can kind of Okay, So you just put it on the first setting, count thirty seconds, and you come out and it's pretty flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you would feel nice on your fingers I imagine as well.
Speaker 5: Yep, real game changer. All right, Amanda, thank you very much cool. Thanks how open Jack out yesterday's problem? Thank you bye? All right? What else do you know to be tried and tested like Amanda and the microwave basically ironing off your newspaper and tested? What else do you know works? Life hacks that are you've definitely tried and tested, not that you've heard about that you can say one hundred percent. I've tried this, I've tested it. It works. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast seven fifty two on Gold Christian O'Connell Show took him out tried and tested and little short hacks that you've learned. Yesterday I was cooking dinner and made a homemade speak of bonnaise I have been sort of simmering away for a couple of hours or kind of marinate it, and I thought, at a pastor I do it with because the weather's changing a bit. I do it with some nice wholesome kind of food, like a jacket potato, you know, where you put it all in there, mount some cheese on top. Anyway, I was just, you know, these days you type anything to Google. I thought, you know, I know how to cook a jack potatoes shove in the oven. But I wonder if there is a hack that makes it extra crispy the skin on the outside and really really soft in the middle, other than obviously tons of buttering there. So anyway, I found this little hack and it game change for your jacket spuds. You you rub olive over the whole jack of potato and then you put salt on top of that and you put them in it kind of I don't know what else, whether there's a carolization process, but it really christ enough so when you come when you get them out, like an hour and a half later, they taste extra sweash. All right. Tried and tested, Donna, what's it for you?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 5: Hellok, Donna, tried and tested what works for you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Keeping those your wig wipes in the fridge after you've opened them, it keeps them moist for a lot longer so they don't dry out.
Speaker 5: That's a very good idea. Yeah, that's because we've got these wet wipes that we did have. We're not wet wipes, and it's kind of industrial detel ones. When we we've still got them here, just line around. They get dry out really quickly if.
Speaker 1: You don't seal them one hundred percent with that little sticker that comes with it. Then they dry out.
Speaker 5: Really, it's like an airlock on a spaceship. You die like that. They're screaming in there right now. We're trying out in here, Donna. Thank you very much. Cool, have a good week.
Speaker 7: Advice.
Speaker 5: I once years and years ago, when it's when the kids were like's not I want that to improvide what we've run out. There's no lou role in a public convenience to use wet wipes instead of lou roll. And I wish I could do it every day.
Speaker 3: Well, you can get the toyst.
Speaker 5: I could live like that every day. I don't think it's very good for the environe.
Speaker 1: No, it's bad. Someone says, yeah, you can't flush.
Speaker 5: On your backside. Thanks anyway, unnecessary detail maybe, Melinda. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Melinda. Tried and tested. What do you know works?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got a life hack that you won't forget. I have tried coca cola in the toilet to get rid of line scale. Oh yeah, yes, it sounds odd. I've seen it. I had seen it on Facebook once. We lived on a property up in Queensland for a while and we had to use bore water as our toilet toilet flushing water, and the scale would build up like no tomorrow, and I got sick of putting some of the other chemicals in it. I couldn't buy the product that I normally buy. Had seen this on Facebook, and I thought, you know what, I'll give it a go. So I you pour it in, you let it sits for I think it was on average about half an hour, depending on how bad the line scale is. And Jed give it a good scrub with the toilet brush, and away it goes.
Speaker 5: Who knew? Who knew? And then a lot of people can't clean stuff with cans of coca or cocoata because it's I can't put it as soda. There isn't it.
Speaker 8: Well, that's that's exactly right. But considering that that's the effect it had on my toilet hens, I don't drink it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. The amount of hacks that people use coca cola.
Speaker 5: For, meaning pans, you've got star stains, what's it stains? Always it referred to as stubborn stains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shouldn't. You probably then shouldn't have it inside your body if it's that powerful.
Speaker 5: On stains, Melinda, thank you very much. You cool have a nice week. We'll do.
Speaker 2: Thank you mate.
Speaker 5: By the Christian Common Show Time Morning Question o'clor show on Gold Okay, Part two now, Part two of Monday's mishard Lyrics. It's just another misheard Monday Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. This is where we go through the misshards you've been emailing in to me. Thank you very much, it's just Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AUF you'r misheard lyrics up. First when we go to we go to Craig Christians. Listen to Iris by the Googo Dolls last week, which I loved on your Thursday isolated vocal, and I heard a misheard lyric. Even after knowing it's the correctler, I still can't hear this again. The lyric is and sooner or later it's over. I just don't want to miss you tonight, hurt you stow miss or is it? And sooner or later it's over. I just don't want to miss you, Renee, So I just stow miss this my head right, it's so obviously Renee. How was it ever tonight? And yet a minute ago, I would have argued, your face, it's tonight, but it's now, Renee, and sooner or later it's over. I just don't want to miss you. Renee hurt, I do miss I can't hear tonight now it's Renee. That is a brilliant one, Craig, thank you very much. We also talking about this guy last week, Paul Simon. This is graceland.
Speaker 6: As if I'd never know where she rushed her.
Speaker 5: Here, as if I had never noticed the way she brushed her hair from her forehead. You're already ahead of this, Patsy. It screams, it, doesn't it? So it should be as if I'd never noticed the way she brushed her hair from her forehead, or is it? According to Adrian, as if I had never noticed the she brushed her hair and farted, as if.
Speaker 6: I'd never know where she brushed her here.
Speaker 1: Before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's there and still that. It's as if I'd never noticed the way she brushed her hair and farted.
Speaker 6: As if I'd never know where she brushed your here.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Kerry. Do you remember this song I Wish I was a punk rocker by Sandy Tom Jama Crocker This is a kind of one hit wonder we used to have to play every flipping day on the show for a year. Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair. Whatever, Sandy Tom, oh Jaba Crocker, I'm about to change it again forever. Oh I wish I was a prawn cracker with flowers in my hair. Oh Jaba Crocker, can't come money into.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Famer, prong cracker.
Speaker 5: Oh I wish I was a prawn cracker with flowers in my hair.
Speaker 1: All of Famer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a truly gay Hall of Framer who we have to thank Kerry for that.
Speaker 6: Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: You're in, and you also get a limited edition Hall of Famer mug as well. World Don't carry. We go to Ben Now, who's fourteen, listens to Showy Morning's school run changes by David Bowie. Strange fascination, fascinating.
Speaker 6: Me, strange fast.
Speaker 5: And young men. Thinks it's actually strange. Vaccinations are filling me topical strange. Then your young ears you hear that, right, that's a great one, Ben, Strange, vaccinations are filling me strange man. And last we go to benh and go to his younger sister. Now, Hannah, she's also went to one. Hannah is eleven. Good morning, Hannah, Hannah is loves some movie star is born. Look what I found by Lady Gaga. This chi wah was burn.
Speaker 3: Had on over the floor.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm trying to persuade me to watch that movie again of the weekend. And I love that movie, but it's one off.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's an eleven year old movie.
Speaker 5: One of my chihuahas blowing to pieces all over the floor. That's our eleven year old friend, Hannah. One of my chihah was blown to pieces all over the floor.
Speaker 3: And chihuah was bored had on over the floor.
Speaker 5: That is astonishing. Second Hall of Famer, Hall of But now I'm thinking I can't have Hannah the younger sister in the Hall of Fame with that or older brother Ben, Ben, you can come on into Kills Hall of Favor. Bye, Hannah, let's go back to you. One one of my chihuahas blowing to pieces heart all over the floor and Chia was bot I've gotta be honest and already sad movie. It's now even Sannah. Did they get cut from the cinematic release and old pet Schawawa got blown to Piecestle over the floor, Chilah was Buida Floor Ben and Hannah Gold plus plus great standards killsas Hall of Favor in the Hall of Famous, brilliant misheard limits this week. Thank you very much everyone. Email yours Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 8: Christian Christian O'Connell, Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Good morning, Christian O'Connell's showing goal twenty to nine.
Speaker 5: All right today is that word time waster? We turned to the world of geeks. At some point the abusive derogatory term of nerd became far kind of a geek, isn't now it's a It's a good thing to say you're a geek, I would say in certainly as in my life, I'm a kind of geek of like music, or I would say the UFC and I don't know if you can use the UFC and geek together. Actually, ah, you two fine nude Producer Rio was giving us this extra bit of information. Celebrities that have been outed as dungeons and dragons plays. I don't think you can out them. I don't think that's the right word these days.
Speaker 1: Vin Diesel, Oh, that is surprise.
Speaker 5: I didn't see that. You know, when we do, who's calling Christian led On this year? We should definitely get try and get Vin Diesel. Someone to get Vin Diesel show. I only ask him if it's true he's a Dungeons and Dragons player. Robin Williams. I think that's past tense Rea. By the way, if you do what research doing there? All right, So today geek movies, Today's National Hike with a Geek Day.
Speaker 1: Comes around so soon?
Speaker 5: Can you believe it's to our months since we were last there. So we're looking for your geek movies. Okay, I've got geek movies, Bill and Get Bill Gates and Ted's excellent adventure, Different movie, Gold Snow One, the Seven Dorks, Gold Jimmy years ago. Right, if you wore glasses, I don't know if this was just in the eighties, it wasn't the nineties, sadly, and as someone who wears glasses now for reading, you would simply refer to as four eyes different time. Okay, four eyes and a funeral dude, where's my mom's car? Ah? That is funny, dude, where's my mom's car? The Girl with the Dungeons and dragons, tattoo, gold and pulp function F four?
Speaker 1: What is function for?
Speaker 5: You know it's on the keyboard, isn't It's like the function key F for pulp Funktion F four, Jackie boy, what have you got then? For geek movies?
Speaker 1: Nerd on a wire?
Speaker 5: Oh, I had that crossed it off and I think it was good enough anyway. I guess what's not good enough for me? It's a silver for jack Look look, no, no, no, I put a cross through.
Speaker 1: That's good that the hills have four eyes.
Speaker 5: Four eyes are in their gold.
Speaker 1: Mister Dweves, you know, mister Deeds.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, classic samn movie. Yeah, we own a rider.
Speaker 1: And then you know the geek.
Speaker 5: Sure, mister, mister bronze price.
Speaker 1: And then I've got geeky Friday.
Speaker 5: These are not you, these are not mercury is in retrograde? All right? What have you got? The gek movie is the best geek movie we get from one of you? You get two hundred dollars eBay voucher oh four seventy five O three one O four three.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shoe Podcast.
Speaker 5: He producer Brad. Can we have a chat after today's show about a team member, Just have a word with them to keep up the vibe in the studio during the songs. Patsy has just come in and no world have an eye. Jack and I are talking about show with the business and strategy and stuff. This she's just has been chuntering on cleaning the cake, the wire to her headphones.
Speaker 3: Well, what's all about being whether to.
Speaker 5: Go out restaurant? Oh the dirt on this.
Speaker 1: Have a look at the gunk on this, Have a look at the gun on this?
Speaker 5: So much chat? Do you have to clean your guitar?
Speaker 3: You need to clean those? Look at the earphones on yours.
Speaker 6: Well, I tell you.
Speaker 5: Why we do it right now. Let me tell you why I won't do it right now? Doing this pressing that talking here, I capture the ship. You know, I'm going to keep the old course. Just start doing some cleaning. And I'm doing my shoelaces and give them a good old clean, and take my belt buckle off and borlish to bring my knives into mostes, sharpening them all right, Today's that word time waster is geek movies best one. It's a two hundred dollars eBay Voucher Geek Movies Home Alone again there put your name on their three six. So dude, where's my retainer? Yeh?
Speaker 1: Shoot, throw it in the nine In.
Speaker 5: The second half of that, I blame you patchy okay, dude. That's Mike and Chinong gee Ken at Bernie's gee Ken at Bernie's Silver. Well A Kerrie, I know who you hacked last summer Silver plus Joe, well done, missus Doubt, Firewall Joyce, well done. The Italian Steve Jobs. That's really funny andvoir that's very good. The Lenovo notebook. Oh type of laptop isn't Yeah, very very smart. That's from Kay McGovern in Heidelberg, Dude Wear's my quantum Physics dissertation Gold, Chris Saving Private Zucker Book Bronze. Dude Wear's my twenty eight sided dice.
Speaker 1: It only goes up to twenty oh.
Speaker 5: Silver Peter the Shawshank Revision Silver four Eyes Gum four Eyes Gum Gold plus Mike and in Sunbury, well done, Harry Potter and the Chamber of the Lost USBs Silver, Raiders of the Lost Hawks, Silver, Hard Driving, Miss Days Gold plus Delimid's Tone they have all been outstanding to their your geek movies. Jack, We've got to give one a two hundred dollars ebo voucher. Who's getting it?
Speaker 1: I really like the Italian Steve Jon.
Speaker 5: Very very good. Okay, you get the two hundred dollars ebo voucher eBay plus a month now on thirty days of deals, all with free express delivery. Title of today's show is Fireman's Blanket. We are back tomorrow morning. Thanks listening, Christian, Hello, good morning
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast