Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: My wife's eighty one year old Auntie is over visiting from the UK. She arrived in the early hours of Saturday morning and Sunday we found out burst her. She's eighty one. She's never had a burger before in her life. And I know it's not like she says, she's never seen the sunset and all that, but still just a common or garden, humble burger. You kind of think, how can anyone get through the whole life? They've been curious, they're everywhere you have got the burgers in the UK. Is in the UK we've had done for years and very popular, widely popular there. So I got a burger on Sunday to write this wrong and she only two mouthfuls. She didn't care for that burger. She's she's been alright, living that life for burger free. She did not care for the burger. So today we want to know what if you never had or tried nine four one four one O four three. I'm still yet to have KFC.
Speaker 3: You gotta try it.
Speaker 1: Have I known there's enough outlets for me? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, you have to try the eleven herbs and spices. That's a big secret.
Speaker 1: But what would I get from the Colonel that I don't get from any of the other places like macas or you know, Hungry Jack or Red Rooster or grilled Baddy's burgers.
Speaker 3: You can just get chicken.
Speaker 1: But they all do chicken. They do.
Speaker 3: They actually must have been annoyed when everyone else started doing chicken because.
Speaker 1: He was wrong dead by the time that Red Rooster came along, Betty books and stuff.
Speaker 3: But mac has never used to deal with chicken besides the chicken burger, and now they've got all the bites and stuff.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to do chicken now, Patsy, what if you never tried.
Speaker 3: I've never tried Hungry Jacks or Red Rooster. Never had it?
Speaker 1: What? Never had it? I thought you'd be a fan of the rooster. Never had the red shot. Only the zingy chicken rap thing that is very good. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 4: I've never had it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I've always sort of gone to just meccas OKFC. I guess well, if we're stayed in the fast food realm, I've never had a big Mac. What really never?
Speaker 1: You can't talk about the kernel getting upset right now, Ronald McDonald, he's fuming. You don't want to fall out with that clown. You've never had a big Man.
Speaker 3: I've just never got one, not even on like mccappy day or anything.
Speaker 1: Now you're missing out with burger greatness, my friend. Oh my god, that is just it's the spot that whenever you have one, they're always they're always great. Real can you believe he's never had the big mac.
Speaker 3: I want to know the reason why you've never had a big because it's like it's a choice option you're gonna make it. I always get chicken nuggets when I go to McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I like the nugs. No, No, you've got to be in this. I do understand you've got to be in a certain mood to burger up at macads.
Speaker 3: But how many times do you go to maccas like you would have been? Hundreds and hundreds and I always get Yeah, I know, but I always go to the nuggets. That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: This week, try big man. You never know, you never know, you don't know. Maybe you become who you always meant to be once you unlock a new level of greatness for Jack. Hard to believe a new level of greatness with a big mac.
Speaker 3: Alright, I'll do it if Pats goes through a roster. Alright, well big dares on the show this.
Speaker 1: Week, I lay down for a big old factor on the Christian Well, one of our listeners has never had a banana. I mean, why not drain the fin factor this week? Come on, Kim, try and banana. This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. What have you never tried? Christian? I worked at Macius for eight years. Never had a big Matt Christian My mother tried Kressy for the first time at ninety the other week, Christian only fifty four. I've never had pizza hut or red rooster? Am I missing out advertising? Yes? Of course you are. Chriss Sue's never had mac and cheese soon right?
Speaker 2: That wrong?
Speaker 1: I have to oh that is so giving. That is mac and cheese, Paul my grandparents eighteen nine eighty seven. I have never had chicken salt. Thing to worry about that? When will you getting that granny lit detail about herbs? We're going through the herb cupboard. Christian never had oregon, Oh my god, please write that today? And chicken palma. Oh this is an Australian Ann. People keep trying to make me try. They would too walking to Australia. I had to take that off with the first couple of days of being here. People keep trying to make me try, and I'm pretty sure I now refuse out of spite. Great where they live your life? Anne, you don't see enough self help people to choose. Spike got a dark side. Joe's never watched an episode of the Simpsons. Come on, what's up? You're missing out so much fun? Annie, Good morning, Good morning Christian Annie. So what have you never tried? Mate?
Speaker 2: I don't drink tea or coffee. I never had to have.
Speaker 1: And do you wand me asking how how old?
Speaker 2: How old are sixty one?
Speaker 1: You've never had teal coffee?
Speaker 2: Yes? And I from you know, like I come from a lot of milk drinkers. We always drink milk as kids, and my dad's Irish, so.
Speaker 1: They are let you cut them. They bleed tea. I know. They were pettles constantly on gallons of the stuff. When I'm a cup of tea, we did finish, not this one. So now with bin tea I'm bringing with this coming up.
Speaker 3: My eye and when you sit around with family, you'll have a cup of milk in front of you.
Speaker 2: No, well, most of my my family, my siblings are actually not tea drinkers, so they probably got their coke and I'll have whatever, the soft drink.
Speaker 4: I'll have a.
Speaker 2: Raspberry or something. And we've just never been into tea or coffee.
Speaker 1: And you never f actually giving it a go.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I've had it. I just always I love to smell, but when I've had something with you know, like a pastry with it, it's always taste too bitter. And I was just never interested. We came through the seventies, so I was starting to get by that time when I was sure tea.
Speaker 1: Was big in the seventies, it's not like a yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh what, but the you know, the times where we're sort of going into adulthood, it was starting to be frowned upon a little bit sop what we were doing.
Speaker 1: When was tea part of the probision movement?
Speaker 3: You remember those underground just say no, yeah.
Speaker 2: We're talking about coffee in Australia to.
Speaker 1: The history of coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was when Ireland you get the pressure for the tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do. Yeah, all right, and good chap. Thank you very much for the call.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Christian. Bye.
Speaker 1: It's good to look at the global picture of it all, you know, the micro and the macro. Who we got here? Kim? Hi, hello Kim? What have you never tried bananas? Ever tried a banana?
Speaker 5: No, we had. My parents didn't like bananas, so we just never had them in the house. And I won't even.
Speaker 1: Have them, don't ever bring them over that threshold. This is my house.
Speaker 5: And so when I moved in with my husband, I kind of had the band in the house as well, no bananas. That one day he brought some home and he left them on the bench, and that day the sun came in and it just turned his banana just black and it melted and it was the most disgusting thing. So I made him clean it up because I was not selling anywhere here.
Speaker 3: That happened in one day?
Speaker 1: What is this the story of Jack and the bean stalk? Some magic banana that grew black or dark in the sun.
Speaker 5: Well, like it was the afternoon sun. And it's just like the.
Speaker 1: Band, tea clubs or whatever. Tea club first, all tea club. You don't took about tea club and then is magic banana?
Speaker 2: It had half of it?
Speaker 1: I right, Kim, I have a nice life.
Speaker 4: What so good morning, good morning? Hey doing guys, We're good?
Speaker 1: So what have you never tried?
Speaker 4: So you wouldn't believe this, But I worked at Kentucky Fried from early high school all the way through to becoming a manager. Never tasted, never touched a piece of chickens.
Speaker 1: Really yep, just put you off it or just felt like vegetarian. It turns your vegetarian.
Speaker 4: Or total vegetarian.
Speaker 3: Now I'm the vegan, right, why do you go for a job at KFC if you're a vegetarian?
Speaker 4: Test test around country rural there wasn't much around, and preyed.
Speaker 1: On those country folks. He knew what he was doing, rocking up the town that big out of his it was.
Speaker 4: It was the first Kentucky Fried ever to hit more Dura and I scored this job there.
Speaker 1: It's that the gold explosion of green jobs and employment and benefits.
Speaker 4: Well they knew I wouldn't need this, so you know, yeah, yeah, actually you have the best.
Speaker 3: Type of employee.
Speaker 1: And again then Conel knew what he was doing. You any Kruz vegans. Yeah all right, Zoey, thanks to call the show.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, no problem, saw this?
Speaker 1: How about that banana? Though? Coming in that afternoon sun calling a brighter note. You're listening to The Christian o'crl Show podcast