Speaker 1: Ask Uncut.
Speaker 2: So ask Uncut is something that we do on Life on Cut podcast every week and it's where we answer a listener question and I think we have the spiciest, biggest, like wildest question that we've ever received. Maddie has sent this in.
Speaker 3: Hey Britt, Laura and mittch I haven't asked uncut for you. My husband and I have been married for five years. We have a beautiful daughter and she's three. We always talked about having more kids, but life got in the way and we haven't gotten around to it yet. But I just found out that he had a proseectomy, a secret for sectomy that I didn't I didn't know about. Furious, I don't know what to do. I don't have the words, and I need to help.
Speaker 1: Oh that has to be I have chills. The ultimate betrayal ride. Like that's like there's life changing. You can't just do that without it, not even without a discussion. But you know, partner is leaning one way to have kids, So it's not even like secrecy in lying, but it's it is taking something from her that he's so precious.
Speaker 2: Well, I also think, like I think about this as a mum, and like, how would my reaction be if Mattie Jay my husband, was to do the same thing. Now, my feeling is is that it almost is a reflection of how this is how I would interpret it. It's almost a reflection of how he feels about being a dad. Like they've had one kid and he's gone and gotten a secret vasectomy because he clearly doesn't want to have any more children, which but that's okay. Yeah, But to me, that makes me think he's not enjoying being a dad. It's not if they spoke about having more kids. If they spoke about always having two and he's gone, I'm tapping out at one.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that, And I actually think it's okay to I think it's okay for him to be like, I don't want more kids. I also don't think it's a reflection that he doesn't like being a parent, like that's a big call. He might love being a parent, but no, he just wants one. That's not the problem. The problem is him, the betrayal and the secrecy in the line. And they're going to change, like, yes, you can get a you can reverse of vyseectomy. But I don't think it's always no.
Speaker 2: But I guess what I'm saying is is if they went into the conversation of marriage or whatever having the idea that they were going to have two children, Like if that was the decision.
Speaker 4: Prior and she says that they've discussed and he.
Speaker 2: Changed his mind that no, he's tapping out at one. I do think that that is a reflection of how he views parenting. Maybe maybe it's not what he expected. Maybe he doesn't feel the way he thought he would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still think that's okay. So that's not the part that bothers me, Like people change their mind all the time. That's the part, Like I think totally that's that's okay. That for me not the problem. The problem is the whole going to get the secret snap.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I I don't know if I could stay with him. I mean, how do you even make a decision because you've got this beautiful family. He's probably a great dad, but the betrayal I think would eat away Maybe if I wanted to have more children, I don't know if I'd be able to overcome this.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like, you're in a relationship, Mitch, you're a man, you have penis.
Speaker 4: I do yes, what great?
Speaker 1: What what's your opinion on this?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I'm not exactly in a relationship where I could get pregnant at any moment, and at exactly it's a matter with my boyfriend of four years.
Speaker 1: You're in a same sex relationship.
Speaker 4: Yes, we discussed it because if I want to have a kid, I still need to have a sperm. We go back an embryo. Oh, it would one hundred percent be a discussion. And I don't know if I agree. I feel like, if you if parenting wasn't for you and you were freaking out, you're not going to run off in the dark of night and just go get a vseect.
Speaker 2: To me sure, And I think like it's it's like you said at the very beginning, Brick, it's the betrayal, it's the lack of conversation, and I feel like it's a bit of entrapment for the wife in this situation. She has no options now because her options have been taken away from her, and that's not fair either.
Speaker 1: I don't think i'd divorce, but I don't I wouldn't trust my partner again, and that could be the start the little seeds that have been planted for a divorce letter in the sh because if there's no trust there anymore, that's going to fester and be a huge issue.
Speaker 2: So it's the relationships.
Speaker 1: So guys, if you guys want to sect me, talk to your partner. Don't go and do a sick don't do a secret men's club like fight club. You don't talk about it.
Speaker 4: If you want to get in touch to pick up on Instagram, send us a DM and we'll answer your question live on the air.