Speaker 1: So Matt, my beautiful partner, he has a new parenting technique which I don't think I agree with. And now, look, I agree with a lot of the things that he does. I think we're very much on the same page when it comes to how we raise our girls. But this is something that I don't really and can't get behind. So Matt has said recently that if the best way to kind of show a kid that they shouldn't do or behave in the way that they're behaving is to do it back to them. So if they're pushing their sister, just give them a little push. If they're being mean or they're like whatever it is that they're doing, obviously don't push them hard. It's not what I'm saying, guys. But if they're doing something that's mean on repetition, doing that behavior back to them shows them that it's not nice because the kids will then experience it themselves and then they'll you know, consider maybe they shouldn't or they should kind of, you know, change their behavior.
Speaker 2: Yeadicine, Yeah, old, how does that feel?
Speaker 1: Not nice? Is it? Yeah? Exactly right. So this played out recently in our household. Mollie May was sitting Molly May's for she was sitting on Matt's lap and they were like playing a game, and then she farted on him and then started laughing and ran away. And now look, I I mean it was disgusting. She shouldn't fart on a dad. She thought it was very funny, like she intentionally did, like oh yeah, yeah, like she'd stored it up. And then it was like no, no, not even remotely. She like aimed and fired straight out of dad. Half an hour passes and Mally and I are having a cuddle on the couch and Matt walks over and he farted on our four year old.
Speaker 2: Oh no, can you did put his body where it passed?
Speaker 1: He very close to her, and he farted on her legs ye, and then he ran away laughing, and she started crying. And now looks from the standard laughing, I don't think this is funny, Okay, I think it's terrible, because yes, he's disgusting, and I'm sure someone's going to be like.
Speaker 2: That's not fair.
Speaker 1: You can't do that to children, and somebody saved them. But look, on one hand, yes, I think it was a very effective way of teaching her that.
Speaker 2: It's not nice.
Speaker 1: To fart on people. But on the other hand, I don't think that this can be the benchmark for how we parent our children.
Speaker 2: I'm not opposed to like teaching a kid like you know that doesn't feel nice, doesn't like if they pull someone's hair, give them a little tug it doesn't hurt, like.
Speaker 1: I'm not opposed to that.
Speaker 2: But the thing I find funny here, Laura, is your opinion on this, right, So you're really against matt coming and farting, and you're like, you can't do that. It's disgusting fight on a four year old. Do you remember on the show Laura talking about what she thinks about faring.
Speaker 1: Back to me, Yeah, I can smell the hypocrisy or did you just let one out? Because probably both a couple of hypocrasy or is fluffy off the chain?
Speaker 2: You know a couple of weeks on the show Ago, Laura, you said this, don't fight on them because I know you and Matting before you and your husband Mammy Jay, Laura, you are farting machines. They walk around the house. It's a game who can and they have it tallyes. They fight on each other, They on each other. He's okay, I don't fight on he backed.
Speaker 1: Up into you. Sometimes he will like reverse into me and pretend like because he does this as like a nice affectionate thing as well. He gets my arms and he wraps my arms around him, will have a cuddle. But every so often he'll do it and he'll actually just fin in my lap because he's revulsed. It's discussed. So what do you think the kids are going to do if they see their parents thinking it's funny to fight on each other. I think they were setting a very bad example. But I stand by this. Farts are funny. They are funny. It is funny. You should not do it on your child. Okay. This is just opening up a can of worms that I don't think we need in our household.
Speaker 2: This is teaching me so much about parenting. It's it just flip flop based on what's funny.
Speaker 1: You just pick and choose. This is how you should behave except for if it's funny, and then that's fine.
Speaker 2: Okay. At the end of the day, Matt needs to stop fighting on his kids.
Speaker 1: Matt needs to stop fighting on everyone. I completely agree. Okay. And if you're listening to this and you come from child services, the kids are. I swear they're fine.