Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Mildon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Gold the rest of the world. What goes on in this hour stays in this hour. Even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome sus a Christian O'Connell refishow.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. It's the Christian O'Connor Raakfast Show Thursday Morning Show number one hundred and fifty one for us. Good morning, pats Hey, just keeping it to the one word interactions today must come morning.
Speaker 3: Jack Collo, Mister Christian O'Connell, how are you this morning?
Speaker 1: See that's beiful, that fake cheerfulness says you feel bad about the fake phone call.
Speaker 4: I saw you on yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was not fake and I know today you're awkward about it. You're trying to go hello, mistake you never normally begin that you normally and now yareh Hi, mister Christian O'Connor, boss.
Speaker 3: I think we were two ships in the each other on the street, both of us.
Speaker 1: Let me make it down for you. Well, yesterday's show, what a show yesterday. The Peter Logan effect, that's what it's always going to go down as and got someone to say about the amazing reaction to him being on our show yesterday.
Speaker 4: So we're all feeling.
Speaker 1: That afterwards, and just all messages are coming in from listeners feeling it.
Speaker 4: And I say goodbye to Jack, and I.
Speaker 1: Even offer you a kind handshake because we're all part of that, and we went our separate ways. Now I'm walking down Lenox Street. I see Jack okay ahead of me. So not is he not offering me a lift down Lenox Street. It's a hot day yesterday, Okay, He's gonna give himself a little cheeky coffee. Doesn't not for me anything. Suddenly, out of his cargo shorts and they look like cargo shots.
Speaker 4: He pulls out a.
Speaker 1: Phone and there's a phone call I can't hear ringing you must have it on vibrate maybe and starts and just gives him the old on a big business call. Oh Spelberg, Spainee, Speinee. Can you hear me now?
Speaker 4: Speeley does that to me?
Speaker 5: Awkward?
Speaker 1: Yeah, after yesterday's show, Bang door in my face, bang, heart stamps on the floor.
Speaker 3: Can I say it from my point of view? How I saw it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I told you what happened.
Speaker 1: You I saw you coming down the hill on a conversation. Already you were already on a phone call speaking to my wife.
Speaker 3: But then you seem to be picking up speed, as if to say, I'm looking out fast and going I can't stop.
Speaker 1: I wanted to show you quickly I can walk down Lennox Street had you not said two days earlier that you were a quick walker. I wanted to approve a point that you might be told to me, but I can still cover the same distance at speed.
Speaker 4: There was a lot going on between us. I just hope that thinks are right now.
Speaker 3: Well, it's good to see you again.
Speaker 4: Right, So the Peter Logan effect.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show, we had the best guess we could ever get on this show, and it was a lovely guy called Peter Logan. Peter Logan is a stage four of cancer bow cancer, and he emailed me three weeks ago, I thinks three weeks ago today, saying that he wants to spread the word and encourage people to get tested. He didn't do it earlier, and he might not be quite as far gone as he is if he got himself tested earlier, and he wanted to use the pressure time he's got around at the moment to come in and spread that would it be okay with that? Could he just come on the show and to have a phone interview. So we surprised him, and he also said that he'd a lifelong ambition to be a to do a commercial radio show.
Speaker 4: So he invited him in yesterday and he was too good.
Speaker 1: He was great, unnatural, I mean really really, really really good. He's been doing community radio for a while and people get a bit sniffy about that, but radio is radio. They're just Judio's is talking. You know, you can either connect with people you can't. And he was outstanding yesterday. And the really big reaction is to be his last moment on the show was when he spoke about and I gave the microphone what he really wanted to share, what he's learned. And I called him yesterday evening to thank him because actually was He sent us this lovely email thanking us for inviting him on the show and giving him and his family this amazing experience yesterday. But the thanks actually is everyone who heard it, because what he had to say is a reminder, and that's the sad thing about situations like that, a reminder of what's important in life and what's precious, and it's time and love, that's it, and not to waste it and appreciate everything. And he kept saying that yesterday, and you know what, it really did feel like the Peter Logan effect. I found myself just catching some of his words when I was about to react or get frustrated or irritated that life wasn't doing exactly what I needed it to do, just to take a pause and just think, you know about how lucky we are to have our health.
Speaker 3: Yep, I did the same thing yesterday.
Speaker 5: I had.
Speaker 3: I was reading and building inspecter coming to the house to give us our final inspection, and I was worried about it all week and I was cursing in and I was saying, you know, this could go bad if you pulled something out. You know it can cost hundreds of dollars, thousands of dollars to fix something. And it was the same thing he said, just enjoy every part of life. And I had that had that moment where I was like, we did this renovation because we knew it was going to be hard, and we knew there were going to be challenges.
Speaker 1: That it sounds and it's an amazing home you've got for yourself, your first home together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is just another moment of that. So enjoy it because this is what you wanted from it.
Speaker 1: So twenty four hours ago, I started the show moaning about I was hating trying to learn golf, and I was about to counsel Yesterday the game I had nine holes with one of my friends, but I didn't. I went yesterday and I thought, I'm just going to enjoy it. I'm not while am I getting so stressed. I'm not doing this to but one point hopefully joined the PGA Tour. It's just meant to be a bit of fun, you know, just with my mates and going to learn a new thing. Yesterday than the pizza logan effect, I had my best ever round of golf.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: It was still terrible at times still, and I lost two balls, but I didn't care, and they also hit some great shots, the best I've ever done, and I was so like, this is what it is. Sometimes you just got appreciate and just have more gratitude in life. Beautiful sunny evening. It was just all that's great in the world. And I actually was so I was so overawed with the whole, the whole of yesterday.
Speaker 4: I called Peter yesterday evening about Court Bus nine.
Speaker 1: They're not chatting about an hour and he was just I think it would just hit him what he'd been part of, and he.
Speaker 4: Was over that. It was like he was.
Speaker 1: He said he was overwhelmed not just with doing the show, but also all the comments that he's had from people. And if you have a looking off Facebook page, you'll see the comments. But what you'll also see, and this says a lot about the man that is Peter Logan, is that he's replied to every single one.
Speaker 4: Of them and he was literally just stunned.
Speaker 1: We know what it's like to get Facebook comments about just some dumb ass link we've done on the show about have you ever stroked a monkey? Have we done? That's a great one. But yeah, he's applied to all of them, all these different messages. And then obviously he was seeing some come over from England as they got the podcast and they heard what he had to say as well. So if you're feeling down about your life, I can't guarantee it's going to make you change everything of your life, but have a look at some of the comments and some of the stories that people have got sadly about cancer, but also some of the heartfelt stuff from Peter and the interaction as well. Honestly, it's an amazing thing. Check out our Facebook page OC one O four three. But just want to say this, if you have been leaving messages, thank you very much, because Peter is loving that the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melvine's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about yesterday's show and this has got nothing to do with us. It's about man called Peter Logan. If you miss yesterday's show, you want to find out more about Peter Logan, have a look on our Facebook page. You can see some of the videos about what he had to say yesterday. You'll find it on Facebook OC one four three. I'm calling today's show the Peter Logan Effect and it will be tested today, by the way, because I've got luck.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Is that me?
Speaker 3: Or pass? I don't think it's me.
Speaker 5: What can you hear the cheering? It's out in the green room. I think Carl's turned up. I'm serious, is it?
Speaker 1: Could you hear well? I have fifteen sickophans what was that those show started at six?
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's rose for us.
Speaker 1: Roll on those days. For us, I say, let's not judge six fifteen. You can just rock it.
Speaker 5: It's leaking through my microphone.
Speaker 4: If you're number one or whatever, you're making that kind of coin for this place.
Speaker 1: Six fifteen is just that people cheering when you're right.
Speaker 4: We just barelyve it. Look at each other and go, did you blank me yesterday?
Speaker 3: What'd you doing in Melbourne?
Speaker 5: I don't know? Actually sure, I noticed.
Speaker 3: He broadcasts in Sydney. Usually it's great that you're up to speak on who's who? Have raped broadcast with a golden microphone. I noticed they put a golden microphone into this studio that.
Speaker 1: A photo producer bects yesterday, going God must be in tomorrow. The golden microphone has just been I need what do you think my version is it? What's the cheapest base metal tinfoil? Sometimes this thing doesn't even work on a golden microphone now, but just about wants to say, yeah, she just came to studient and I thought you should hear this as well. We're talking about the Peter Logan effect from yesterday's show. We're not talking about the Pizza Logan effect. It's actually a message which we should all be reminded of because we should try and begin it every day with it in our minds about gratitude, appreciate what we have rather than moaning about what we don't have. Beck, how was the pizza logan effect for you?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: I had some really good friends from home and we're going festival for a long time and we I wasn't going to go this year because I just had an expensive car fix, but I thought, you know what, I don't see my friends enough. We don't spend enough time together, and we're all gonna be grown up soon with kids and families. So I said, you know what, I'm going to go and have fun at this festival with my friends like we do.
Speaker 1: So you're all off, Yeah, where we go?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 3: That's lovely, that's lovely, Beck, But you do go to a music festival every second week?
Speaker 1: Hey, come on, appreciate even producer beg. So I didn't mean even producer, Bet. That didn't sound very nice. This Peter Logan effect. Will it survive? This hour of the Golden Hour?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So out at the station, we have different studios and other radio stations that are owned by the same people that own us. And obviously kiss Over in Sydney, I didn't mean to spit that word out, by the way, It was just emphasizing it in the wrong way. Kiss Over in Sydney and Carl and JACKIEO do a big show over there, and they so Carl is live from is he like from one of those awful little the brim cupboard years, some.
Speaker 4: Awful Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 1: Sell.
Speaker 4: He's not going to like.
Speaker 3: It in pat You said it was even not good enough for you when.
Speaker 4: About it.
Speaker 1: He's not going to last in them more than five or six.
Speaker 5: You can't swing a cat in there.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it would be turns up to every single radio show with five Persian cats.
Speaker 4: And I've just seen his entourage.
Speaker 1: Did you know he channls with fifteen dwarfs, all naked, all blowing bugles ahead of him as he marches down the corridors. Here Marvel decided to see, to be honest.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three earlier on this week got a phone call from a guy who was telling us about his girlfriend's boyfriend. Nineteen year old lad called Anthony and on Tuesdays about to start his first proper day as a carpenter, and the night before something awful happened. Soon broke into his work van and nicked all of his tools. That's about six thousand dollars worth of stuff. Compressors and everything else you need to be a carpenter all gone.
Speaker 4: And so this guy was calling.
Speaker 1: It was a very nice thing to do, just to say, look, is there anyone who can help out?
Speaker 4: Very quickly, loads of you called.
Speaker 1: In to help out the office and Anthony's on the line right now.
Speaker 4: Good morning Anthony, Good morning Christian. Hey listen buddy.
Speaker 1: So so many people have called us an offered to try and help you out. Any news from the police. Have they managed to find out any more information yet or is that just no hope?
Speaker 7: Na? Unfortunately, you know this stuff happens every day, you know, so many different people, so very common things. So it's done it so much I can do, of course, And I tried to have a look in my street for some cameras, but yeah, just no, like unfortunately, but yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So you heard about Hamish from Cuttin Tools who offered you five hundred dollars worth of gear. There, Fiona from lock Away, have you got a safe She's going to give you a toolbox.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, I've actually already stand there and picked it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It was incredible.
Speaker 1: And Jamie at Mooney Pond's Thomas Foods offering you three hundred dollars as well towards new tools. And got some more good news. Total Tools called us yesterday and they're offering you two thousand dollars worth of free tools there at Total Tools.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, I just I really just can't believe the generosity of some people. You know, like, may have lost all my tools, but definitely haven't lost my faith in humanity.
Speaker 8: It's just been incredible.
Speaker 1: What a lovely thing to say, mate. So you managed to still go out and work this week?
Speaker 10: Or yeah?
Speaker 8: So I had them stolen on the Tuesday morning, So this day I was meant to start this new company and I had to just rock up really and you know, let the boss know what's happened. And you know, I went out and just bought a nail bag to the day because they you know, didn't even leave me at Hamming a swing. So yeah, pretty much to do what I could do on the day and that was pretty much it.
Speaker 10: So yeah.
Speaker 7: But after hearing all, you know, all this generous donations from all these different companies only different people, it's just been crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Well I'm glad you still got your faith in people. And listen, give you company, who do you work for? Give them a plug then if they've been understanding?
Speaker 4: Mate, what's that?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 4: You can give you a.
Speaker 1: Company whoever you work for, a plug if you want.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Oh it's new trend building, new trend building. Yeah, for all your building. Need to make sure you ask for Anthony. Okay, he's just all he's got is a bag of nails. But what he can do with the burger nails?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Mate, Nice to talk to you again. I hope things that. I hope that that helps all the extra rud cash if you try and get your new tools back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been fantastic. Thank you all very much, and also just wanted to thank Tom from Ace Holige up in Brisbane for his generous donation as well.
Speaker 1: Tom in Ace Hollis we've got to thank as well. That's amazing up in Brisbane. They heard about it.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's incredible. Great all right, nice one, Anthony, good luck, buddy.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 8: On this.
Speaker 1: Day, Mystery, on this day, all right, on this day, mystery, last day today in I agreeing to March tomorrow, March madness.
Speaker 4: On the show on this day.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety eight, one of the show's favorite songs reached the number one position as Hotach.
Speaker 1: Terriblesome.
Speaker 3: Obviously it's lean theon's My Heart Will go On, but thanks to misheard mondays, we hear it as the hot dogs go on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you never heard this before, now I hear it a completely different way, much better way as well. The hot Dogs Let's go.
Speaker 3: On as hotch.
Speaker 1: You can't hear it any other way once you are aware of that, Kenny, it's brilliant ruining that song forever great us.
Speaker 3: But for today's question, we go back to two thousand and four when Dockland Studios in Melbourne opened on this day in history, which was set up by this state government on behalf of the state government to encourage international films to come to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this history is show you already became the new Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Hollywood two people usually call Melbourne. Since two thousand and four, only thirteen international films haven't been made here, so not even one a year. But the question is what was the first of the international films to be made in Melbourne? It is a Nicholas Cage film.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing batch of honor, because the Cage only makes amazing movies.
Speaker 3: And of those two of those thirty movies, two of them have been Nicholas Cage films.
Speaker 4: He obviously loves Australia. All right, give us a call. Then with the guess is which Nicholas Cage movie? I it was fine?
Speaker 1: Canon of work? Was it? Nine?
Speaker 4: One oh four three?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three coming up in ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: Then first, just I just want to get your bills paid off by me. It's the last full day. Calling somebody at seven eight one none missed out ten take two calling someone at seven eight ten one four. I think my six weeks I'd have it drilled down by now.
Speaker 3: In today's last day, So you won't have to do it again.
Speaker 1: Two calls tomorrow morning seven and eight. I'm going to miss calling up strangers, crashing into their day.
Speaker 3: And still do it. You just can't give them money.
Speaker 1: I feel sorry for us obviously hugging Gavin Minnew'm gonna to actually do some work during their show. They've been religned for a highlight every hour with a call from me. So Gavin actually owes me a couple of links. Now, I think that's the fair way to do it. All right, Let's do this on this day Mystery, on this day, every single day, I learned something new on this feature. It's the only thing that's coming in new to my brain. By the way, this future all right? So Jackson challenged of it this morning, the last day of February. Today on the Stay Mystery.
Speaker 3: February twenty eight, two thousand and four. Ducklands Studio in Melbourne was opened by the state government to encourage international productions and films to come to Melbourne and make it the new Hollywood. But what was the first international film to be shot at Ducklands?
Speaker 1: What a movie as well?
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage film is the Clue rob Him?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 9: Here a go I'm Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm good buddy.
Speaker 1: I hope you well this morning is we're only having a good week. What do you think the Nicholas Cage movie was.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm going to go with ghost Rider.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: What a movie?
Speaker 4: What a movie? Ghost Rider? Have you seen it? Rob?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well a little bit more than seen it. I was actually sort of part of the.
Speaker 1: You're part of it, yeah, because there were a lot of scenes filmed around Melbourne. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I'm a firefighter with the Metro Fibergate and when they were making the movie, they actually hired a few of our spare trucks for props.
Speaker 11: Within the movie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And they weren't allowed to touch the truck to driving around as well drive them around, so they had firefighters go down there and take the trucks to move them around for him and so forth. And I was in the well. I took him down to the path where I think it was at the showgrounds, the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds where they were filming down there. It was a tip where he was going down the big ramp and jumping over the trucks and all on fire.
Speaker 4: And we were just talking about that.
Speaker 3: The film, so well, she was giving me a by play.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible movie, ghost, Why didn't you get any oscars.
Speaker 4: I will see any movie that Nicholas.
Speaker 1: Cage is in, watching it back now.
Speaker 3: The computer graphics, you wouldn't even accept it for a computer doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You accept it for Nicholas Cage. It's an amazing actor. Thank you Nicholas. All right, rob so I said to Jack Early when he was saying, look it's Nicholas Cage. Hey, listen the matter you're aware of any of the incredible stories around this amazing actor, Nicholas Cage. And let's just from Hona says, this is amount of just has done some great movies, Moonstruck, Birdie, Wild at Heart. He's done some great movies and then sadly later on and I think next year it's Killed, Kill Chain or something that he's in. So to please share with the world, share with Melbourne some of the amazing stories and a Nicholas there's.
Speaker 3: Too many good ones. I'm just going to have ten here. Pick a number out of one and ten, pick a number out of one in ten and it's going to.
Speaker 4: Be a good, lucky number.
Speaker 3: Three teeth pulled while filming Birdie in nineteen eighty four, a film about a traumatized Vietnam ven.
Speaker 4: It's a great movie as well.
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage needed to understand real pain, so he asked for a dentist to pull his teeth out. He said he didn't want any anesthetics so he could feel it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what my daughter to have your daughter's auditioning for the role of Tallula next week in buggsynow and I might recommend it. She goes full method in the weekend as a gangster.
Speaker 3: If we're going to the dead, all right? One more? One more?
Speaker 4: You pick a number between.
Speaker 5: One number eight.
Speaker 3: Nicholas Cage is notorious for his spending, blowing huge sums of money on castle's, yachts, a jet and t rex skull.
Speaker 4: Now that's it. Two ones there.
Speaker 1: He bought a castle in bath Out in England, like for millions could buy a castle?
Speaker 4: Wait, even where.
Speaker 1: Would you buy a castle? What can a realist? Stage agents sells castles? But then the t rex cull again did you get that on Facebook?
Speaker 4: Marketplace?
Speaker 3: And then the best one is he bought a pet octopus, telling the press that he needed it to help him with his acting.
Speaker 1: In what role. That's centric Ah, that's amazing, all right. That's this morning's on the stair mystery.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three on today's show. Then you've got Eagles tickets, loads of other things as well. Also got a brand new, amazing isolated vocal back again this morning, brand new one just after eight o'clock. By right now we're into the last full day of you getting nuisance calls for me paying off your bills. So you still got time if you want to try and get a phone call from me Gold one I four to three dot com dot a, Christian O'Connell's fifty down there dollar your bills, jackpot scores and doors. How much money have we paid off of Melbourne bills?
Speaker 3: Fifty eight seven and fifty nine dollars and forty eight cents?
Speaker 1: And that email went out yesterday from the.
Speaker 4: Boss tight tend to the producers.
Speaker 1: Angry email. I've been a little bit loose with the money, Bendy boy, and I wasn't meant to be upping everybody this week. It was only last Monday, but it is done.
Speaker 4: What can you do? There's no point going backwards if.
Speaker 3: More money Monday was two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, who we've been told off? All right, then let's call up someone right now and pay off their bill, a water bill for Glenda. Let's call up Glenda live right now.
Speaker 4: See if Glenda picks up.
Speaker 12: Linda, I wake up with today.
Speaker 1: Funny, you could have the money right away. That's very good, Glenn. Good morning, welcome to the show mate.
Speaker 12: Oh, good morning, Christian, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 4: How are you? Glenda?
Speaker 1: Are you sound in a fine form this morning?
Speaker 13: I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And we called you at home? Are at what's going on?
Speaker 1: Don? Yeah?
Speaker 12: No, I'm at home, just getting ready to go to work.
Speaker 1: Well, what a superstar you are. You're looking after your mum. His mum had to move in. You're looking after money.
Speaker 12: No, No, I've moved in with mum about nine years ago. It's coming up to ten. She's ninety, she turned nineteen in October, and she hasn't had an easy go of itt well quite for quite a long time actually, with her health.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I thought.
Speaker 12: I'd yeah move in and help her, and she helps me just as much.
Speaker 10: She's a beautiful, beautiful lady.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's what I say about the olderly, the elderly, especially the nine.
Speaker 4: She was put them to work.
Speaker 1: You're going to sit there watching daytime, come them off.
Speaker 12: She followed my undies and put them away from me yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, well if I send her mind because she did the same mind as well.
Speaker 13: Probably so, Glenda.
Speaker 1: I'm going through your entry here, and was you recently installed a security camera system to keep an eye on old Mama while you're at you worry that she's stealing stuff?
Speaker 13: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Just alarms go off and you've got like an intercom system. Mama can see what you're doing. The money, isn't that. It's more to keep your cage, mom, I didn't get out.
Speaker 3: It's more to.
Speaker 12: Keep an eye on the fake tradesmen that come to the door and say they want to paint your house and clean your driveway. And I get home from school, I just work.
Speaker 1: Casually because every single one of them a Fox listener as well.
Speaker 4: I know it facts.
Speaker 12: They're just they're dreadful. So at least we can look and see you know who they might be.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see if you've got one of those things I've heard about this where you can have a little pixie who's at and.
Speaker 4: You're not even there.
Speaker 12: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this would be great.
Speaker 1: We need to do it for the studio because mount of times Huggy just comes changing and if I can have a look out sign and go, I don't need my time, I don't need my drive tarmacking, No, yeah, you got to watch him.
Speaker 10: I reckon all right.
Speaker 1: So you need a water bill paid off one hundred and twenty three dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm going to bump that up to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 12: Oh wow, thank you so much. That'll be a great help.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 1: Pay for another alarm, pay for another alarm to keep an eye old mama.
Speaker 12: Oh well, I've got a professional development day I've got to go to and I'm taking her with me, so I've had to book a night's accommodation at a B and B.
Speaker 8: That'll really help pay for that.
Speaker 12: Thank you much.
Speaker 1: Stream this live on YouTube. You're going on a road trip with your nineteen year old mum. Would you love to be a fly that will watching you two?
Speaker 4: I'd love that. What's your mom's what's your mum's name?
Speaker 12: Armond's burner.
Speaker 4: What a great oldie world he name that is as well, yes, roughly. Yeah, listen, what's he going to chuck in his held?
Speaker 1: Because it is hot at the moment, looks like it's going to be really hot one today in the next couple of days.
Speaker 4: Was it my friend at tintacar.
Speaker 1: He's he's heard about what you got going on with your mum and he wants your mum to be in the shade and he's happy to tint your house.
Speaker 14: Oh wow, yeah, oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Me absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: And if your mum, your mum's got like glasses rather than by expensive sunglasses, is tint the glasses as well, she'll be wrapped.
Speaker 15: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, it's been a joy you've hit us up this morning, Glenda, so so glad as she picks up and you wented to pay your bills.
Speaker 12: All right, thanks very much, Christian and guys I love you heaps.
Speaker 1: Listen and please do let us know so we can update the travel news when you and the mom are hitting the road. Okay, so we can warm people to pull over as you come through. All right, all right, take care and mum's all right, okay, well done, Okay.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Nice one.
Speaker 1: A little chat from Patsy there. Patsy isn't in the same studio as us contractually winter. She's in another room safer for Jack and I, you know, because of the incident.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go into it now.
Speaker 1: I beat you, yes, the last time, not the first time, not the only time, but the last time. So pats is in a here out her kind of news chamber and she when she comes in, you never know what she's going to drop on us.
Speaker 3: So casual as well, just rubbing her glasses with a tissue, typing up.
Speaker 1: Her LinkedIn thing to try and get a better job than this one. Oh you know, always editing up that demo tape. Today she just comes in and I'm playing Robbie Williams and she goes sick of this song, sick of hearing it a funerals. Okay, fac you head of music heard four point three sick of it. I've had an email ten minutes ago from a listener called Kirsty who's on the tram. Little was spelling mistakes that she sent me three apologized for that, but she just had to let me know how she's feeling about the show. She likes the show, can't stand it when wherever we play Toto's Africa, and she's she thinks I play every day. I know I can find out from music team how many times I've played it during the last four weeks. I don't think it's every day, all right, because I don't like that song either. But there's some other songs we play. They're amazing because you can't please everyone.
Speaker 4: That's music. But she's she turns it down. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Rather than turning it song turns it down and said, I will turn you back on when it's over.
Speaker 3: I said the stat I know it goes for three minutes thirty one seconds, I'll bring you back up at him.
Speaker 1: But if the father Bussy says she's sick of it at funerals, I mean, how many how many occasions is that happening?
Speaker 3: How how many funerals do you go to that you get sick of a song playing in a funeral?
Speaker 1: Don't befriend pats otherwise it means your time on Earth isn't for long.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three to.
Speaker 1: See you just had a text. Come on your phone.
Speaker 3: Biank's texted me, remind me to tell you about my nightmare attic hands.
Speaker 1: See here's the thing, right, what is it about women and they want to share the dreams and the nightmares?
Speaker 4: All right, don't remind her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you've got the highlights. Okay, yep, seeing the don't need it. I read this thing the other week in Wide magazine where very soon they reckon you'll be able to play someone. I don't know how they're going to do it, so don't in the ten years time, the dreams that you had like recorded like a video somehow from your brain to something and it will translate it into image.
Speaker 4: You had a press playing. I feel no scientists, we don't need that.
Speaker 1: It's bad enough hearing my wife talking about it, I go wait, sit down, sit down.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to play you last night's dream.
Speaker 3: Bianca pretended at least she either pretender or truly didn't know. The concept of dreams are boring to hear for other people the other day said huge assault the life.
Speaker 5: Find it fascinating because it's meanings to your dreams.
Speaker 4: To you, to you.
Speaker 1: We don't need to know about what's gone on during the night, especially what attic hands.
Speaker 4: I remember getting a text once from my wife.
Speaker 1: I was running some errands and it just said, as if I wasn't going to react to this, as soon as you come home, I need you to kill the pigeon.
Speaker 4: There was no follow up message, just that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had dead pigeon before, and Bianki has just said I'm leaving this sent me a picture of the dead pigeon, feathers everywhere, and said can you fix this and then let me know I'll come home.
Speaker 1: So when I came home, my wife opened the front door a little bit, handed me a shovel and some washing up gloves and went Chris and she was like talking to a tiny gat I can't look at it. There's a mangled pigeon in the garden some foxes of sadly, it's pretty much there. You need to deal with it. And I'm like, why, brain some cuts a lot to take a life. I'm not Liam Neeson, but I wonder in the garden and there's poor pigeon.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's just in a mess. I think I've got to put it out. It's life.
Speaker 5: Oh god, it was still alive, just about.
Speaker 4: Pats and so I raised a shovel. You know when a part of you goes look up, look up. I see my kids.
Speaker 1: And I don't know whether that's my wife told them like dad's in a bad mood. Why is he just shoveling a pigeon to death? He's really got to do something about his anger issues.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Brand new, amazing isolated vocal back again this morning after eight and one of you get some phone call from me to be bulls paid off before that.
Speaker 4: So I've got these Eagles tickets.
Speaker 1: They're here next week, one of the biggest, most successful bands in the world, supposed to be sounding amazing on this megator. They've been on as well, two nights in Melbourne next week. We got a pair of tickets diamond seating. But here's what you got to do for it. I need you to call up safe in the knowledge you will not be judged by us. This feature is actually called don't judge me. But when he confess something you do might be something you don't normally talk about for good reason, I will go first. Hi, my name is Christian O'Connell. And every night before going to bed, I like to rub just a little bit of Vix vapo rub into my feet.
Speaker 5: With socks over just like that.
Speaker 1: I believe that when I wake up my feet they feel nice and smooth when I put them into socks in the morning, makes you feel good, way to start the day. I've been doing this for years.
Speaker 3: You are not judged, Christian, Thank you, Thank you for being honest with us.
Speaker 1: Also, my mom, my mum was a nurse for forty years, and whatever was wrong with me, she'd just insists on the use of Vix vapor rub. You know, even if I was lying bleeding in the streets, she'd still go, let's get some vapor. I was on those gunshot wounds. Oh of course her eyes to wounds. Immediately bring me the vix. Whatever it was, Vix would work for it. It sting a bit, a bit sick. Just rub a little bit of Vix under your nose. You'd be a writer's ring. Jack, please Flora's yours.
Speaker 3: My name is Jack, And don't judge me. But I will reuse drinking glasses with guests at our house. Oh that's just so we can't knife it's just water and either bank and I have already drunk out of it. If a guests come, I'll fill them up a water in the same class no judgments, I thought.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, fine, fine, I do this one on behalf of my wife. I don't judge my wife, Sarah O'Connell, but she has certain mugs in the house.
Speaker 4: That she will only give to trades.
Speaker 3: To drink from. That feels like a very English thing to do.
Speaker 1: All right, Then what do you want to confess free from judgment?
Speaker 4: The best one we get.
Speaker 1: We've got a pair of Eagles tickets, go and see them next week. Nine four one four one o four three. Don't judge me, but what have you got for us? Nine four one four one O four three. I'm taking your confessions next.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So we're given away Eagles tickets again this morning and asking to confess something. Dig deep Christian o'connall's don't judge me.
Speaker 13: But.
Speaker 1: Yes, you say, you come on and don't judge me, but then you confess something. We're guaranteeing you non judgment judgment free zoneers, ok, thank you very much. The person has said that you also do the snobbish thing that my wife does and has separate mugs for trading. Okay, you're a highness. Let's go to Michelle and also get this one. Don't judge me, but last night I had an inappropriate dream about Pats. I swear to God, I'm reading that out.
Speaker 5: What did you do? Don't don't want to know?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Michelle. Good morning, Michelle.
Speaker 15: Hey, guys, how are you.
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 4: Okay, so what's your Don't judge me.
Speaker 13: But okay, don't judge me.
Speaker 7: But when I spect the dishwasher at nighttime with dirty fights, I let the dog lick them sometimes hes all food off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love that because it looks like you've opened up a special thing at dog height. My dog does as well. They thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: You'll put the big old snout in a good old lick. There's like for these delicious plate things.
Speaker 3: Why do even drink the water out of the bottom of.
Speaker 4: The nice shiny, sparky teeth though?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's of gravy plates?
Speaker 1: Yum?
Speaker 4: No judgment here, Michelle, Yeah, okay, thank you very much. Michelle.
Speaker 1: It's got a Susan. Good morning, Susan, good morning.
Speaker 16: My name is Susan, And don't judge me, but you know when you borrow crappets from the supermarket and then the next day they're a little bit moldy. I have what's a little bit smalled off and still toasted them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it depends on like, if it's like I think, less than twenty percent mold, I do the same thing. I'll scrape that off and just shove it in the toaster. The heat will do all the all the cleansing. Exactly.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 3: You know why, I know, because crumpets have the holes in them, and you don't know where the mold is. The mold could be in the bottom of the hole.
Speaker 1: But Susan, once your brain thinks I'm having that crumpet, you see the crumpet.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't then not tell yourself I'm not having this crumpet.
Speaker 12: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You want that crumpet that butter melts into it goes through those lovely little holes and trails down in though the center of it the best. Yeah, some cheese is a moldy adds to the flavor. Susan, we should actually go on shark tank and bring it a range of slightly moldy crumpies.
Speaker 8: I think we could do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hi, Susan, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Try down now. Welcome to the Showdale.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian, My names Dale.
Speaker 14: Don't judge me, but I find if my candy bars are too soft, like Mars bars things like that, I saw too cold. My apologies. I'll stick them down my pants to warm them up.
Speaker 1: Didn't see this coming, didn't we That took a turn down.
Speaker 3: There, chuckle bars that you leave in the fridge purposely.
Speaker 14: Yeah, correct, or if I pick him up from the petrol station or something like that, I'll just shove him down the pants obviously in the wrapper.
Speaker 9: Of course.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. You pleased to see me? Is that a Mars bar?
Speaker 1: And this keeps people interested in trying this? What is the optimum time to leave it down then? So they just you know, thaw out a bit just to get that slight melt on. Yeah around, tim, there's something else going on here. But we're not judging you. Okay, we're not judging you. And are you driving around when the old chocolate's in the front of your pants?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And then by the time I get to work. It's nice and stuff.
Speaker 7: They have it with my.
Speaker 3: Coffee, melty soft, like the truck's actually melted.
Speaker 14: It kind of does a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're doing I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: There's that point you're doing it too melty, but just it's got that softness there thanks to the old the pant warmer.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try I'm going to try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if I get pulled over by the booze bus?
Speaker 4: The what have you got your pants?
Speaker 1: Chocolate bar?
Speaker 4: Get out?
Speaker 1: That is a great one down. Okay, thank you very very much. Keep these coming. These are great. Don't judge me. But nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Time for this week's brand new isolated vocal. To this every single Thursday, and I be if we did this every single show. Actually, I love doing these, so you can find these yourself on YouTube.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: It's called an isolated vocal and it's just a raw isolated vocal trap from a song.
Speaker 4: What it does? So many times do we do this?
Speaker 1: You hear the original song in a very different way, even if it feels over familiar. I going on.
Speaker 4: That song again is in play to.
Speaker 1: Death on radio stations. However, when you hear it stripped back, it's just raw. There's no production or anything else or synththizers all. You hear it in a more totally different way, and it moves you in a different way as well, and you appreciate how amazing a great voice is.
Speaker 4: This is a great one.
Speaker 1: Bonnie Tyler never gets the credit right for the epic voice she had in the eighties. This song written by Jim Steiman, who wrote all of Meatloa's biggest hits, wrote this for her because she thought she had a voice that was just as good as meatloads.
Speaker 4: Having listen to this, it's got these amazing.
Speaker 1: Harmonies in it as well that are buried for some reason in the original song.
Speaker 18: Ever ever not there a pull a pod And I need you now tonight, and I need your all than ever And if you only hold me.
Speaker 19: Time, we'll be holding on forever and we'll only be made He didn't ride, because we'll never be wrong together. We can take it to the end of the line. You look, it's like you said, you want to be going at time.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do when I'm always in the dark. We'll live in a powder gag and give up bouts.
Speaker 19: I really need it tonight, but I'm gonna start to night.
Speaker 1: I was gonna start too. Once upon a time I was falling in love. Now I'm only falling apon.
Speaker 18: There's nothing I can do to Littlis.
Speaker 1: How powerful is that one? I've actually got goosebumps. I don't know what it is about that one, but that is an amazing one. Rory Dodd, when do you dig these out? Sometimes you find people that we don't even Rory Dodd is the guy's doing the lead back in harmonies of that?
Speaker 4: It sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Bonnie Tyler totally clips the heart. And also, if you ever do a karaoke and you know some songs you can do with somebody else, that's an easy one to do, Like me got a terrible voice, because you can just do the part where it's the easiest part in any karaoke song.
Speaker 4: You just have to do the turn around bright eyes.
Speaker 3: Oh you were just singing the praises of the backing vocals, and.
Speaker 4: You can do it in a lower voice. But that's a brilliant one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you find any that you really like isolated vocals, you can dig them out on YouTube. There's a load of them. Email me and we might stick it on over the next couple of weeks. Christian at gold one I four three dot com dot au. Also check out the video today on YouTube. Of that. It is ludicrous the video clip, but that's all. Yeah, the whole video is one of those only in the eighties. There's the use of the white rabbit and the turning around but not quite turning around. It must have taken them two minutes to brainstorm that. Then it went down the pub for the rest of the day. Check out the video for only in the eighties. All right, tyner cool, someone up live now, Christian O'Connor's fifty dollars your bills all right this hour then giving our bills paid off thanks to Tintacar with tinta car, you'll no longer be naked Jack the running Turtle.
Speaker 4: So far, how much money we paid off of Melbourne's.
Speaker 3: Bills and fifty nine dollars and forty eight cents plus five hundred dollars at seven am, which of course is fifty nine, three hundred and fifty nine and forty eight cents.
Speaker 4: No, not two hundred twin matts, isn't the show strong point?
Speaker 1: So no wonder the boss has sending angry emails to the team, going you're spending too much money than last week. All right, this all up, Lynn Duffy right now, hopefully she picks up and we pay off her gas Field.
Speaker 13: Morning Lynn speaking, Well, that was great.
Speaker 4: Good morning Lynn, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great and all the better for are you picking up and speaking to us?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 13: I was very excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Are you at work?
Speaker 13: No, I'm retired. So I'm having breakfast?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, lovely. What's breakfast to day?
Speaker 1: Lyn?
Speaker 13: Breakfast is toast with jam and a cup of cheap get in.
Speaker 1: I mean, everything's good in the world. A beautiful sunny morning here in Melbourne. You're having some jam on toast and a cup of tea. That's great.
Speaker 13: Life couldn't be better.
Speaker 4: No, that's great. So listen. Tell me about your husband's hair. Terry.
Speaker 13: Well, Terry decided two and a half years ago that he made this claim. One morning, I'm not going to cut my hair for a year, so I said oh great. Why why are you going to do that? And he said, because I.
Speaker 3: Can the life of the retired. Hey, you're got to find things.
Speaker 1: To fly the as fly.
Speaker 13: You've got to find something to amuse yourself. So you grow your hair. So two years a year on, the hair is still there. He fires not to cut it. It's midway down his neck. The beard's getting bushier. Two years on the hair is down to the shoulders. And now he's starting to look like a hockey.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 13: Two and a half years in we are at the stage it's just awful.
Speaker 1: So two and a half years he hasn't cut his hair. No, And how do you feel about that?
Speaker 13: I hate it's end game. I cannot wait for it to be gone.
Speaker 1: But when is he going to cut it? Because he's been looking like some sort of bagwari?
Speaker 4: Is that he wants? Is he going to start running a colt?
Speaker 13: He just yes, I think he may do that. But he just looks awful. We're talking about a man who had short back and sides. In the job he had, he had to have his hair short.
Speaker 4: I get it now. Now he's broke bad, isn't he?
Speaker 13: He has broken out? This is this is for him So he's going to do the big shave, the world's greatest shave, on the sixteenth. This is his decision because we have a friend who's got cancer. And so once he made that claim, I will, Oh, I'm on board with this, so you know, I registered him and we've got some sponsors. So yeah, it's all moving forward.
Speaker 4: Now I've heard about this for raising fast for cancer.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 13: That's it for blood cancer, right.
Speaker 1: So he's going to lose it all, two and a half years worth of hair on the head, the bed.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the beard as well, and he says you'll lose the mustache as well, which has had since the seventies if he gets a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So all right, and so is he shaving off the whole of his head, the whole of us?
Speaker 4: So when is this the sixteenth of March.
Speaker 13: Sixteenth of March.
Speaker 4: Days, come in, we will do this live on air.
Speaker 13: Okay, oh that would be fantastic.
Speaker 1: Get me some shares. I'll do it myself, you know, the old I think grade one or whatever.
Speaker 4: Bring him in, do it.
Speaker 1: Live on air.
Speaker 4: We'll help raise that money and then some.
Speaker 13: Oh he would love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we'll strip away the Bagwanie.
Speaker 4: De fleeesion.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a couple of old Christmas dinners in there.
Speaker 13: Probably God knows what's growing beneath all of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, that's incredible. All right, well we do this fantastic Now by the wah, Yeah, what's the bill on paying of forgot?
Speaker 13: One's called we're paying?
Speaker 4: Is it gas bill?
Speaker 13: We're playing your gas bill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Listen, how much is the bill?
Speaker 13: One sixty five twelve, run.
Speaker 4: Sixty five twelve? Who is it?
Speaker 1: Asked this because Bradman producer has highlighted it in black on black. If I can't see, you could have made up any amount. It's city sixteen million Christians. Ok Oh, we're going to give you five hundred dollars.
Speaker 13: Oh that'd be great.
Speaker 4: Okay, get him a hat.
Speaker 1: In the short term to hide that manky old hair. Okay, oh god.
Speaker 13: I'll put the dinner on him, they said from the Greatest Show.
Speaker 1: All right, well, listen, we will see you guys soon. But you you've been getting five hundred dollars today from us and pay your bills.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 13: Fantastic, Thanks Christian.
Speaker 1: That's right, Thanks for bringing up lovely chat to you.
Speaker 4: Have a great day. I'll leave you now to your toast and tea.
Speaker 13: Oh lovely, thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We need to give away our Eagles tickets right now. Eagles tickets. Go and see them live next week where they're in Melbourne. Christian o'connalls, don't judge me, but so we're asking to call us up and say, don't judge me, but dig deep, confess something. Judging free zone. We've had some amazing ones so far. Let's go back to lines now. We should have Shelley all the night. Come on, is Shelly?
Speaker 15: Good morning Christian? All right, my name Hi, my name is Shelly. Please don't judge me. But following an argument with my boyfriend one night, after I'd finished on the toilet, I got his toothbrush, put it in the toilet, flushed it, shook the water off, and put it back in his in the toothbrush rack.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Shelley, is that pre flush or post flush flush?
Speaker 11: Past flush?
Speaker 15: Are still using the toothbrush?
Speaker 1: See, I've heard about this. I just presumed it was an urban myth. I didn't think that women actually did this. And I've heard of them. Also, being toothbush is putting other places before you go to the toilet as well, and perhap uh.
Speaker 15: Huh, and he doesn't know, he obviously doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't judge you.
Speaker 1: That's that works, okay, thank you for confessing, Shelley.
Speaker 4: Do you feel better for confessing?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 15: As long as he doesn't find out, that's good, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Shelley, Thanks you cool. Might have a good day.
Speaker 15: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: By Marcus, Good morning, team.
Speaker 17: I'm glad. I'm not sure he's boyfriend. I'm not judging it, but oh my god, we can't judge.
Speaker 1: But we're all going toothbrush going out with someone called Shelley turn up with a brand new toothbush every single day.
Speaker 17: Anyway, one of those, Marcus. And don't judge you. But being six foot tool. When I get on a plane and we're taking off and then a seatbelt sign goes off, I put my knees into the chair in front of me so the person cannot recline.
Speaker 3: Does that work market A yeah.
Speaker 17: And they have to, they have to. They try a few times. So every time then they look around and they say, I don't know you know, but I'm not sure the seat must be broken.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I guess you need that because if that's a one of those tiny little seats whatever on Tiger Air and that you crammed in there.
Speaker 17: Yeah, when they shove the seat right back it so there's not much fadom for anything else.
Speaker 3: I always feel guilty putting reclining my seat. I try and go as as possible, so they hardly noticed that I'm giving backwards.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well I find I find if you go about a centimeter every five minutes, they don't notice.
Speaker 11: Comes you all the way back?
Speaker 4: You're right is the grandual recline.
Speaker 1: That's a good tip there, Marcus as well. All right, but it's a great one. Thank you very much. Right now, all right, keep the coming on nine four one four one o four three. We'll give away the tickets next and take a last few calls.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Sroy Your don't judge me, but Dell gets it.
Speaker 4: We heard some amazing confessions.
Speaker 1: But dal is the guy who said, don't judge me, but I put a chocolate bar down my pants just to melt it a tiny bit when it's all cold and it needs to thawing out. Puts it down in front of his pants for about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: We've all said we'll try it today results on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to walk down the street though where you've got it. You know, I'm not sure if it's quite the right look with.
Speaker 3: The putting it in that. I'm worried about it, and.
Speaker 1: I said, don't bother. It's a fun size one. That's not a good look down there.
Speaker 4: Seminole.
Speaker 1: American rock band The Eagles will turn to Melbourne rod Laver Arena two shows next week. First show, March the fifth is sold out. The second show limited seats available. That's on the Wednesday night, March the sixth. You can still get some tickets to go and see the Eagles live next Wednesday night. You get them through Ticketech. Good luck, well done.
Speaker 2: Dow the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So as we head into March tomorrow, today's the last full day. Pay your bills Tomorrow morning to be the last two at seven and am on the Breakfast Show coming up in March. Then, just to give your heads up, Ricky Gervase makes his debuyon the show, which I'm really really excited about. Big Month, or Rickie March, because After Life, his brand new comedy series drops on Netflix end of next week. It's on Netflix. You might have seen the trail and if you saw Humanity, you'll know that he's in a great, great little patch at the moment of doing some of his best ever work. Humanity is the best stand up show, in my opinion, that he's ever done. It's a fantastic one. And after Life, I've seen all the episodes.
Speaker 4: It is. It is dark, it.
Speaker 1: Is sickly funny, but I loved it and if you're a Rookie fan you will definitely love it as well. But he will be on the show in March from his bed, I'm guessing with the time difference, or in his track suit pants, having a bottle of wine. And also next week, we're trying to do this every three months, having our movie club where we have a few beers with you. It's a lovely chance to solo to you. Thanks for listening and supporting to the show and what we're trying to do here. Next Thursday night is going to be the first one of this year. We have a cinema, no idea where it is, we do have a cinema and it's going to be very excited about this and command can't I Everyone's happy when I command on. It's a great movie. So we're going to do that next week. Chance to win those tickets to be from Monday morning the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So it was exactly this time yesterday on the show that we were blessed. We had some amazing words of wisdom we just don't get enough of in our lives, and it came from Peter Logan, and we all listened. You all listened, and we've all been blown away by the comments and never known anything like it. Unprecedented just in terms of people from all over the world who heard what Peter had to say. And I just want to get him back on the show today if you missed it yesterday and wondering what I'm talking about. Peter Logan as a guy he's part of our radio family, sent me an email three weeks ago just saying it was reaching out, saying, look, I've got stage four terminal cancer. It's bowel cancer. But while I'm here, I've got something to say. I want to urge all people to get themselves tested. If I got myself tested, might not be in the city situation I'm in right now, So please do that. And also that he's been doing community radio for many years, been a very successful businessman, but always fancied doing this, coming in and doing a commercial radio show. And so we invited to come on yesterday co host the show for an hour. You never really know how it's going to go. I've invited people into the studio before, have been funny callers, and then I understand it. I do this day in, day out, and it still overwhelms me at times. And they come in, they see the microphone. Suddenly the atmosphere and the air is a bit different, and their bottoms fall out and it's like, oh God, that was it, and they hate that. They I'd never asked them. Peter came in yesterday, No, and he was he brilliant. He excelled at it. He was so good. And his last words to us, you know, when he really wants to say what he wanted to say, what he's looked what he was here to actually share with us, to remind us what's precious and what's important in life, which we often get lost in, don't we just in the noise and we're just trying to get through our lives on the day and get home. We're going to just slam that door shut and go, oh, make it through another day. To just take moment and enjoy, an appreciate and love what were what life gives us was incredible yesterday, and I just wanted to get him back on to see how he is twenty four hours on because they've felt like we made a friend yesterday. Peter, good morning, Oh my god, is that Christian?
Speaker 11: Did I win the Eagles tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, don't don't judge me, but maybe I've concocted all of this just so that I could with the Eagles. How this morning, very well, very well, still still buzzing a little bit, I must have been, but very well.
Speaker 1: And we spoke last night, and it must be incredible for you to see all the comments from all over the world from people who've exatly experienced what you're talking about, but just a lot of them who is saying they're going to dig out the kitchen, making people change their behavior.
Speaker 11: Well, I think that when when we set out to do this. Yeah, yesterday was one of the most brilliant experiences that I love, that I've ever had. I'm not going to use that word, but it was a brilliant experience yesterday. But the whole objective view was to try and a message out and try and make people change their attitude towards these types of things, you know, get rid of the stigma. It's not it's not something that's uncomfortable or dirty, if it's actually something that could save your life and change your life. And that's and that's what we set out to do. And I was so overwhelmed by the messages yesterday and I made actually made a point of applying to every single person that put them in.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. It's really nice. They would have loved that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, well, it's I think that that's important. If people take the time to post a message up, then I think that it's only right that we take the time to respond to it. So again, thank you and the team for the opportunity to be able to be able to get this message across. But it's been a pretty ectic twenty four hours. I must says a little bit of celebrity attached to it all, and I'm not really missed all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for once it's celebrity that isn't some headed, pin headed reality. You've actually got something to say. So I know you've seen a lot of the text, and I'm going to forward on. I've got so many emails to forward onto you after the day's show, which I do, but I just want to pick out one or two just to highlight what you gave us yesterday. Steve sent me this email last night. Just got back from work, Christian, I was blown away with this morning show and what Peter Logan had to say. In the light of all this inspiration, I decided to rummage around. I found the test that I was meant to have done a year ago, and I'm doing it today. What I'm going to do is I've written on the back of it Peter sent me, and I'd like to encourage everybody else to write this on the back of their kits when you send it off, so that this would blow Peter's mind and we can get maybe some count to how many people start to do this.
Speaker 4: Do you think, Peter would like that.
Speaker 1: I've in mind about going I think this is a great idea to say that. Peter Logan sent me, how about that? Is that a thing that's amazing?
Speaker 11: That's absolutely amazing. I don't think a little bit like when you invited me on the show, I don't really know what to say that. It's actually inspiring to me that people think that way. As I say, I didn't set out to do anything other than to change people's attitudes. And you know, if I can make a difference to one person, if I can save one person from having to go through what I went through, then I will have I can actually feel comfortable that I've achieved what I said out to do. But that's that's that's absolutely amazing, And thank you to Steve for the idea.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea if anyone's going to do these tests, and please put on about that Peter Logan sent me. I absolutely love that. Second thing is hearing you yesterday talk so well? Clearly just get a kick from the joy of being in front of a microphone. That's something that you know has changed my life.
Speaker 4: I love doing it. I'm very very lucky to do this.
Speaker 1: You've got something to say and seeing the reaction yesterday, and I was just a witness to it. I was no real part of it, just a witness to what you did. I honestly would love you to think about doing a weekly podcast. I know you're a busy guy and you've got things that you want to do. Just five or ten minutes, just what you've been up to, how you're feeling, all of it.
Speaker 4: I'll allert you not to filter it, all of it.
Speaker 1: I know that there's so many great podcasts out there that people take a little comfort from all kinds of different things. I think that you'd, hopefully you'd enjoy it, and I think that people would enjoy listening to that if they wanted to. But sort of springing on you right now, you don't have to do it. You've got a lot going on in your life right now. But if you were interested, I'd love to help you, talk to you more and give you all the support on this show. If you wanted to do that, we would support it and host it for you and push it out there.
Speaker 11: That would that would be brilliant. I think that's the risking that is that you're only allowed me five or ten minutes. Yeah, I'm going to have bread in the corner wine. That would that would be brilliant great. I suppose just to keep an account of the things we go that would be absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 4: But just a kind of like little diary.
Speaker 1: It is just for you to just say, you know, just like a almost like a voicemail message to everyone about how it's all going and what you've been up to. I'd like to listen to that, and I think you'd get a lot from it that we all would.
Speaker 11: Absolutely that that would be brilliant. That would absolutely be brilliant, and again provide another platform on which to be able to Yesterday was great, but yesterday was yesterday, and you guys know, we all move forward and and potentially that fails off into the into the sunset, some people will remember it all.
Speaker 1: No, no, you create this big, this big aftermark to what you said recording today's show, the Peter Logan effect.
Speaker 4: No not so we will last a very very long time.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I think that it's certainly a platform like a weekly podcast helps us to keep it fresh and as regular and and and perhaps a bit of a warts and all account of what my situation is through will help deter because for a couple of weeks every month, I'm fantastic, I'm on top.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 11: But there's a couple of weeks that every month where I'm on the medication, where it's probably not so famous and not so special. And I think that they're the sort of things that potentially could deter people from from from wanting to find in all, anyone wants to find themselves in this situation, but from ever having to do so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you used to talk about all of it made all right, Listen, we gotta go. As you know, I'm up against the ads. You've done the show with me, you know, the other time demands Peter.
Speaker 11: The eight nine hours have flattered over?
Speaker 1: All right, I catch you assume, rather take care of mate.
Speaker 2: Bye, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Today's that my time waste. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it stinks and it's my fault. Don't blame anyone else.
Speaker 4: This is my idea. It's a bad idea.
Speaker 1: What I'm looking at now is awful. However, we're gonna we're all gonna trum and pull this off. Okay, We're talking about I think I've just got a little bit too excited to day at talking about Nicholas Cage, his life, his work, his movies, everything about Nicholas Cage I love. And then I read this news story Nicholas Cage crashed the film festival that's all about Nicholas Cage. Get this. Every year after our Sabar in Austin, Texas celebrates Nicholas Cage with a day long Caged Mouth and of films, star of the one known Nicholas Cage. This year he turns up. He doesn't just go high, says a few words, and goes. He sits down and watches count them five of his own movies, back to back, five of them one nicks out the back.
Speaker 4: Five of them.
Speaker 1: Get this at the end. He then gets up on stage and does a reading, a dramatic reading of Edgar Allan Poe's The Telltale.
Speaker 4: Hearts.
Speaker 3: He's quickly becoming their favorite actor of the show.
Speaker 1: So I do. A movie journalist who've spent two days interviewing him a couple of years ago, and he's obsessed with Elvis Presley, obsessed with the King, and he wants he owns. He brought couple of Elvis's outfits at memorabilia. He wants her one of them altered. Put it on, not someone to make him up. As the King entered an Elvis singing companty and came third.
Speaker 5: Well he married Lasa Marie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that amazing? So anyway, all of this now, the excitement of stands with the stink.
Speaker 4: You look at some of the movies he does.
Speaker 1: Now it's he's done some great movies, but there's still some very very odd ones coming out. I mean Robert Denier out now there still as bad Grandpa still does some very bad choices. So today we're looking for fake Nicholas Cage movie titles. I've got dude, where's my Cage?
Speaker 13: See that's a.
Speaker 3: Good start, It's not That's what we do every day on the show.
Speaker 4: Twelve Years. Nicholas Cage, Nicholas Ice Age. Sorry, Nicholas Ice Cage, Nicholas Bird Cage.
Speaker 3: I didn't know we were just putting his name in the film.
Speaker 1: I've been struggling, Like I said, it's my fault. No one's to blame. Please tell me you've got something good here.
Speaker 3: Cage against the Machine, Nicholas Cage plays himself and he fights at Ai.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Man versus octopus.
Speaker 1: We need to get pizza. Pizza Logan back.
Speaker 3: On Beastie Boys, the bi pick. Nicholas Cage plays all three two.
Speaker 4: Down with these Come on, it's my fault.
Speaker 1: I've driven this into the ground this bit okay, Please, dear listeners, save this link. Nicholas Cage fake movie titles textuals to oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three. We are aligning on you to save this feature this morning, oh far seven five three one oh four three Fake Nicholas Cage movie titles.
Speaker 4: What have you got?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three good news. They've saved the show, as I do every single day.
Speaker 3: Can I say something quickly sorry to interest amish. Any podcast is back today, first day.
Speaker 1: Of hitting Me Australia's biggest, most successful podcast.
Speaker 4: Does not need a plug here. I need a plug on them.
Speaker 1: So I hope you're going to interrupt the Gold for the Dynamic Duo to go. Christian Connor me for the show back tomorrow at six. Pain off your Bills Eagles tickets. Sorry, carry on, Hayin.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's already recorded this today's podcast. It's already out live now, so I can't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right, yeah, I don't hang around. Let me just up my buffering rate right now and get my data right and I download.
Speaker 3: It obviously after people listened to the Christian O Colnel podcast and they've had that all done for the week, then jump onto the Hammershon and anyone from any good podcast platforms. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Sure he's in a difficult situation. He's got two paymaster, he's got us and them as well. Well.
Speaker 5: He's got to make a decision, doesn't he eventually or altimatum?
Speaker 4: I know which way to go, looking once a week.
Speaker 1: A week, it's not a decision, all right then, So today's at work time waster.
Speaker 4: We've ruined it. Hopefully you've saved it.
Speaker 1: It's a fake Nicholas Cage movie titles Citizen Cage, Great Start Gold. Ten things I hate about Nicholas. Just ten things I hate about Nicholas. He's put here Dukes in Croydon, Gold plus Willie Wonka and the Nicholas Cage Factory.
Speaker 3: These are bad gold. Three men and a Cage Silver plus Darryl.
Speaker 1: And Lena How to Leave Nicholas Cage in ten Days Gold, Journey to the Center of Nicholas Cage, Gold, Enter the Cage Silver, fifty Shades of Cage Silver plus Cloudy with a chance.
Speaker 4: Of Cage Balls.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one from Nikky, well done, Cage on a plane Gold, Cage heart instead of brave Heart, Gold forgetting Nicholas Cage. It's impossible. Silver plus the Curious Case of Cage Silver off my face, I like face off, yeah, Silver minus.
Speaker 4: Rock of Cages.
Speaker 1: That's good Gold, Coming of Cage gold and my favorite one last one this morning Alex and Lang Warren Edward Cage hands. Not such all, but a hell of a lot finding the ones.
Speaker 4: We's good, Well down everyone, Thank you very much for those.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: We have a rare visitor in the studio. It is Jason our head of music.
Speaker 4: He's sunning.
Speaker 1: I hadn't finished. It is Jason our head of music. So we sometimes have a discussion with a healthy dialogue with We don't always see eye to eye, but there's a lot of love and respect, I hope coming both ways.
Speaker 20: Jason, absolutely, Yes, I am a very big fan of the show, and I love particularly the songs you play. I think they work very well.
Speaker 4: What about the bits in between?
Speaker 1: The bits in between a fantastic all.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, this is what they do.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it takes a lot to come in here and you say you've got an idea for the show for tomorrow morning. Yeah, Well, we.
Speaker 20: Thought based on a comment you made the other day about a.
Speaker 1: Rock Sette song, we thought, what did I say about it? You said we should play a.
Speaker 20: Bunch of songs that where the artists call out their own name and they go luck set Yeah, and you talked about Jason Derulo, and we thought, wouldn't it be nice if we could come up with a list of those songs and give them to you and see if you worked out the common theme between them.
Speaker 4: But that we thought that would be too obvious.
Speaker 20: But we do like the idea of coming up with a connection between a bunch of songs that we play on the air, and you guys have got to work it out and engage the wonderful Gold FM or the goal one o four point three listeners.
Speaker 1: All right, So it's us versus you versus the listeners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 1: It's like a Nicholas Cage movie, yourself, I speaker, Thann Alien versus predator.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got a gun point at everybody's reservoir.
Speaker 1: Dogs.
Speaker 4: That's scene there, the standoff.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so we'll know what the common the common theme between the songs, yeah is obviously.
Speaker 1: But listen, I hear I'm not rude here, but I hear how you put together some of those countdowns.
Speaker 4: This will be very easy.
Speaker 1: Let me guess Australian artists I've won. Not that simple, No, not that simple to what like three four songs? Well, I think it would depend on the day. Tomorrow at nine o'clock. I think we've got a whole hour of songs that.
Speaker 4: We've got a connection.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 20: But I'll get this, but it'll be done within three songs. Well, well, let's wait and see you talk the talk. Now, let's see how you walk the walk tomorrow after nine o'clock. There's no way I won't guess it within three songs. Okay, Well, well, I'm happy to put some money on it. We'll have a cheeky twenty five dollars side bit I'm happy to put it up to fifty. Okay, make it fifty.
Speaker 1: He's actually staring down. The big dog is staring the big dog down. I now feel that a little dog that rolls over on the belly.
Speaker 3: So wait, if it gets at ten am and you haven't, won't fifty.
Speaker 4: Now three songs in. If I can't guess the connection, I will give you the money.
Speaker 3: Do you get help from callers or it's just going to be you.
Speaker 4: Just going to be men.
Speaker 1: You can help from me if the listeners guests, first of all, they can have my fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, what's the game called?
Speaker 20: I have no idea. It might be appropriately called the Missing Link with you guys involved, but.
Speaker 1: Rim shot, someone's been practicing that one from the mirror warning. Let's see how we go tomorrow at night?
Speaker 4: Yeah, missing link? It is all right, missing link? All right, thank you?
Speaker 3: See you?
Speaker 20: Then Jack go to the ATM tonight.
Speaker 4: Don't need it.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: That's it for us. We are back tomorrow morning. Last chance to get two phone calls seven and eight on pay your bills. Last chance tickets to go and see the Eagles. And then this new idea from Jason, our head of music at the radio station at the moment, called the Missing Link. So he's going to schedule a whole hour tomorrow songs. Everyone listening and us here, the three of us have got to work out what the connection is. And there's now fifty dollars on it.
Speaker 3: And you said you were getting with three songs.
Speaker 4: Is that you heard those countdowns they put together weekend?
Speaker 3: Ah, they're all Billy Joel songs. How did you get it?
Speaker 4: It's going to be that kind of stuff. You know, he's been working out the sticks and stuff and now he's in the big city.
Speaker 1: I'd probably get it within one song, by the end of the first song, okay, but pressures on me now tomorrow, isn't it. No one's going to help me. They want to see me fail. So it's called the Missing Link. That's back tomorrow as well. Toll of today's show is the Peter Logan Effect.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Sure your lovely comments about Peter on the show yesterday. If you missed it and you want to catch it again, head on to our Facebook page is probably the easiest way. There, or you can check out the podcast Have a Great Day, Calling You Next
Speaker 2: The First Time and O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three