Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell here, Good morning, jack Post morning guys. Happy Friday, Patsy. Hello, have we all got weekends to look forward to? My wife is currently in the air with our eighteen year old daughter. They're off to see her sister in Dubai. I'm the next glory seven days. I was doing that thing last night when I'm like, god, she was like, you're going to be okay, you know do you you know? Are you're going to be get lonely? I'll be okay, I'll be all right. She goes, try not to do with breachs every day, and I forget that. I'm going to try not to cook a single item over the next seven days. It's the fairest Butty left in charge of the house, So that's my weekend. I'm going to go and see you didn't go and see it at the end. I'm going to go and see Wicked on Someday.
Speaker 3: With book tickets for tomorrow. You probably want to book it because it's.
Speaker 1: Book I've booked it Sunday afternoon. I cannot wait to see it. Apparently, Yeah, Jackie boy, what are you up to. This weekend is a.
Speaker 4: On a hike this weekend, twelve girls into the Grampians. So I've got Brdy on my own.
Speaker 1: For what she going to do.
Speaker 4: So it looks like a long I say, this weekend not as RESTful as yours question, but like, uh, something not to endure. I love hanging out with him, but it's a long.
Speaker 1: It's alone.
Speaker 2: It's not just that you've got to be You've got to be watching the whole time, and then you've.
Speaker 4: Got to have activity after activity, So you've got to.
Speaker 2: Have stuff planned to wear them out and wo when I used to have weekends where it was just me, I deliberately front loaded. So the morning you wear them out, the afternoon they're knackerd Yeah SI having a dog.
Speaker 1: You've got to You've got.
Speaker 2: To get them out there earning and wear them out. Then they're just quite happy, sort of appliing to sit on the couch and have little doze with you.
Speaker 4: Banker said, do you have any activities planned for him? That's the best way to get through. Well, he's got swimming on Saturday morning that goes for half an hour, and then after that we're kind of got a free book so.
Speaker 1: You've got anything. What are you taking him to? Any mazes? A maze amazed?
Speaker 4: Too young for a mouth?
Speaker 1: The Adventure with Dad were trapped.
Speaker 4: Frime Time Supermarket is amazing.
Speaker 2: Get him out there and I think there's one in Ashcombe, and then there's one the Enchanted Gardens, which is really good.
Speaker 1: Half a seat because then he.
Speaker 2: Can do the it's going to be a lovely hot weekend.
Speaker 3: Take him to the my Christmas windows they've got Steve, take him there.
Speaker 4: I hate lining up at things.
Speaker 1: It's one of these celebrity celebrity. They don't like it.
Speaker 2: Go to the zoo.
Speaker 3: What about the zoo? Beautiful weather for the.
Speaker 4: Zoo, king hotly wandering around like that.
Speaker 1: Know, you want the shade of a.
Speaker 4: Base, that's I went to Hillsvill once on a really hot day and all the animals just hide in the shade.
Speaker 1: Right. So have you already got nothing bad?
Speaker 4: That's all I've got?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you need more than that. What about the cinema fore young kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good because all the moment Yeah, although he doesn't really at home, can't make it through a full movie. He's got about half.
Speaker 2: An hour and the before he get Yeah, you watch some movie. Now, there's nothing under two hours and he's too young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe I can ask him if we could pay for like a quarter of the movie and only stay for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: What about you go on Hiatt? You can go to the I think it's the Botanical Gardens and you can go out on the you can go up punching.
Speaker 4: We haven't been the Fairfield boat House before and he hated that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be honest, right, okay, he being on the water. Otherwise we'll say, why don't you hire kayaks?
Speaker 4: No, he hated being on the water. I've got it.
Speaker 3: Go to Science Works.
Speaker 4: We have been meaning to go to science Science Works is a great shower.
Speaker 1: Also very hot this weekend. They're conditioning in those museums.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: I think it might be Science Work?
Speaker 2: Science Works. It's a great shower. And what are you go up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Patsy were going out for dinner tonight with a member of the team actually going forward to you.
Speaker 1: You can't name them, boy, you're keeping it behind our.
Speaker 3: Back, going for local Mexican strange.
Speaker 2: Voice and you going with Caitlyn. Yeah, you're going to get smashed. You met, No, of course not she's a heavy drinker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every time you go to that Mexican restaurant, you get that oversized margarita.
Speaker 1: Jacket's a genuine fresh goal.
Speaker 3: Someone to share it with this, Oh lovely.
Speaker 2: All right, we come back then we'll get into this week's Double thumbs Up when we go around the team to about the things we're into this week.
Speaker 1: Gold one I four point three book, Christian Connell Show Podcast Friday Morning.
Speaker 2: So Christian O'Connell Show, We're going to Double thumbs Up now. This is where we talk about the things that we've enjoyed this week. Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 3: I have seen Countdown fifty years on on ABC I view. It is the fifty year can you believe? Half a century anniversary of Countdown? ABC sat down yesterday with the Love God and watched it. It's a ninety minute special and it just no, no, no, it's just count.
Speaker 1: Down to the end of the Countdown to death. No could be one of the youngest people watching it. It's many very old people we've passed away and the TV is still long. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You this was so iconic, this show and when we were growing up in the seventies and eighties. This is all we had, like was music. This is what formed our youth.
Speaker 4: That's the way my folks talk about Countdown. That was your entry into music and anything else. And every band who came through here went to.
Speaker 3: Massive rolling Stones like anyone who was anyone. And don't discount the role that Molly played in all of this. When Michael Jackson came out for the first time to Australia, he wouldn't speak to anyone else but Molly on Countdown. So you will love it. It is part of your childhood. And I didn't realize how much it formed part of like the video music scene as well. You know that ACDC long Way to the Top and they're on the back of the truck. That was all like Countdown instigated the show and it just formed the way of the video music clips.
Speaker 1: So you just don't get shows on that anymore.
Speaker 3: It was just it was raw and it was.
Speaker 2: The only way you saw famous people was on TV and shows aren't they.
Speaker 3: And up close in personal And it was funny when it first started. It was in black and white and apparently they looked back to find these tapes, but the ABC had taped over them. They'd reuse the real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know there's a famous bit of Austraight and TV of the first I forget his name, but the first guy who speaks and welcomes people to Australian TV in the fifties. That is actually fake because they taped over the original one and then they got him to recreate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know that. The other thing this week, I do.
Speaker 4: Want to give a show.
Speaker 2: Do you remember back in the down TV where they would have people like in the UK, we used to have people announcing on TV what's.
Speaker 1: What the next show was welcome to tell?
Speaker 2: We used to have a guy used to come on in a shortain time say good night and then the TV off put the country to bait.
Speaker 1: We used to get the.
Speaker 3: Test pattern and then the national anthem would play like midnight or something.
Speaker 1: We can't relate to that crazy.
Speaker 3: On this like you know, streaming where there's something always available. The other thing I do want to give a shout out to my podcast Rage Against the Menopause on the iHeart form if you haven't caught it yet. I'm actually hitting the road next year and we're going.
Speaker 1: To You're going to go and do live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to do like a.
Speaker 4: Live I didn't know that that's amazing place. I don't know that that's so cool.
Speaker 1: You'll be brilliant, You'll be you'll be amazing live.
Speaker 3: It's just about people sharing their lived experiences and just and talking about it and stigma.
Speaker 1: So I'm really excited when say that first half of next year. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the first one is Bohemian Summer twenty twenty five, which is at Bland. It's just sort of out of backus Marsh. It's this massive women's festival and they have a huge amount of all sorts of things, you know, women that are into crystals, reiki, all that sort of stuff. And I'm the keynote speaker there.
Speaker 4: So why I'm congratulations, thank you cool.
Speaker 3: If you go to me on Instagram, I've got actually a special discount code. You do have to pay for tickets, you have to book tickets, but there's a discount code.
Speaker 1: So what's a discount code?
Speaker 3: Pats one something like that. Yes, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know have the top because you've got all the fingers. It's something like that.
Speaker 4: Know what what are you telling the code now? Than go onto your Instagram.
Speaker 1: Search for you.
Speaker 3: And but If you go to human you will find what my discount code is. If you're not following me, you're very new to this.
Speaker 2: You know you need to you need to join Live National to make it easier, and you need to use a coop and code.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is that you meant to know that to me? Here one take my money. I don't know how to process it. No, it's it's it's what you got there. Nanny gets your old phone out. She's got a phone out. Now your own stories.
Speaker 3: Look, go to my that's that's a bit aggressive. Look go to my instagram.
Speaker 1: That's it. Radio voice back on.
Speaker 2: We've got a glimpse there behind the curtain of the real Wizard of Oz Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's mummy's home voice. Go to my Instagram. You will see the discount code.
Speaker 1: Good luck, good luck Bertie. All right, we take a break. We're back here on Gold one oh four point three, The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Friday morning. We're midway through doing double Thumbs Up. We talk about the things we're into at the moment. Jack, what have you enjoyed?
Speaker 4: I got two things this week. I got to see an early screening of Better Man, which is the Robbie Williams movie, comes out Boxing day here in Australia. It is a biopic like none other and you can see it from the trailer because he is a monkey not a human. Ridiculous premise. And when I first heard it, remember we'd laught like Robbe Williams is going to make this biopick about himself, but he's a monkey instead of a human, who was like, this is the stupidest thing ever. It is the best biopic I have ever seen.
Speaker 1: What a great praise.
Speaker 4: And I really love Rocketman. I love but him in Rhapsody. This is so so good I couldn't I got home last week?
Speaker 1: Makes it good?
Speaker 2: Is it the fact that Robbie's not in it, so you're not thinking about an act of trying to play him.
Speaker 4: That's right. So it's not somebody imitating a rock starck. It's Robbie's voice the whole way through. And the monkey thing is like five minutes into it you accept he's a monkey. So I for the rest of this I know that monkey is Robbie Williams.
Speaker 1: And about his life.
Speaker 2: So going from take that to then going so story and it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Also he is. It's such a vulnerable story as well, so he's narrating it and he's the voice of the monkey of Robbie Williams. But he is not shy about all the hard and sometimes really disgusting and terrible things he did in his life. But man, it is such a great story and such and they've done the music so well better. Man, it's going to be huge.
Speaker 1: Wow. I can't wait to see it. Yeah, it's going to be on the show. And a cup of his time as well. A couple of things to me.
Speaker 2: One, thank you very much Patsy for giving me a heads up last week about the Alvis documentary on Netflix. Watched it in one sitting last weekend. This is Elvis Presley Return. It's the Fall and Rise of the King. It is brilliant, all about the making of the Comeback Special, the six Saint Comeback Special. Brilliant documentary with great talking heads. I absolutely loved it, really good. I'm going to recommend the show. I'll be stunned if any of you watch it, but you should. It's called Murder Mindfully. This is ten out of ten brilliant funny show. It is a German comedy with subtitles. Like I said, hardly any of you are gonna watch it, but it is extremely who knew German commedy.
Speaker 4: I've heard that phrase before.
Speaker 1: I've never said the words. I couldn't believe.
Speaker 2: My wife came in when way through and me watching the first episode, because I thought I just watched it alone.
Speaker 1: It's a tough sell. She goes, are you watching something in German? It's a German comedy. Oh my god, it is brilliant, really really funny idea. What is very good.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix is called Murder Mindfully, trust me, you'll get into it. And it is very very good. And I don't know, you guys a lot of times now and it's got subtitles on right, But most of the TV now I find out because my kids watch everything with close captions, and so yeah, I'm always I always have subtitles on there, because actually there's so many TV shows where there's so much mumbling.
Speaker 1: Whether you're like what did you say?
Speaker 2: And then another great movie I saw over the weekend. It's on Amazon Prime. It's an hour and a half, perfect length for a comedy movie. It is called My Old Ass, very very funny. Aubrey Plaza is the star of it. It's so good. That is ten out of ten for me. Very funny movie, just an hour and a half. My old ass. That is on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast