Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, they bitch tits. The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off at the knees then gift.
Speaker 2: You a pair of easies.
Speaker 1: And that, my friends, is why you always always need.
Speaker 3: A buck up. You're doing a sixties day about, you know, disease, tarantino, lymphatic massestic drainage.
Speaker 2: People, it's going.
Speaker 3: On with these drainings.
Speaker 2: Squeeze myself I the other day.
Speaker 3: You squeeze your nodules.
Speaker 2: I squeeze my jaw so hard. Bruise myself because I'm trying to do what I want to tighten.
Speaker 3: Everything gaws up by bruising them.
Speaker 2: Because I've got Dutch growls. Oh yeah, that is the legacy from the dart Thank you Dutch. They've got thank you my face if you look at my face from here.
Speaker 3: Up all right, I'm looking.
Speaker 2: This part's quite Jamaican. Okay, mother, this part thin cruel lips, hang on totally Dutch. Whoa say it?
Speaker 3: Don't ever want to see it again?
Speaker 2: What have you got from the Italians.
Speaker 3: The hair, the hair, I don't know what I got.
Speaker 2: Skin's not Italian, isn't it?
Speaker 3: This glowing white skin.
Speaker 2: They're not Alabaster, They're Mahogany. Where'd you get that from?
Speaker 3: This skin is from going outside? I don't know. Maybe just the hair.
Speaker 2: Sash your people, your people, the trolls New Zealand immortalized, I believe in the Peter Jackson film What Hobbit.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're the smallest person.
Speaker 2: I tiny And she's always under a bridge.
Speaker 3: Trick trap, trick trap looking for that ring?
Speaker 2: Who wants to who wants to walk over my brudge? You?
Speaker 3: Hellokatelane Rock, Hello Nates Valvo and hello the highly esteemed Sasha French. Buckheads get a goose to the buckheads, not you two.
Speaker 2: I mean you see Valvo didn't even let you get a word in Sun't that.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm going to say something. I'm saying something. I have to turn my chair this week. The screen's broken. You're sitting over there. I can't see her, mate, it's not the voice. I can't.
Speaker 2: You can eat the swivel without derailing the whole. Only highly esteemed Sasha French and our listeners hang on her.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm waiting.
Speaker 2: You're gaslighting me?
Speaker 3: Now? Yeah? You not me?
Speaker 2: Love gas lighting?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Oh? I just adore it. I love using the term. My husband sometimes uses the term. It used to make him angry. Pretty great, used to make him angry. And I would say only a gas lader would get angry.
Speaker 3: About gas lighting. The gas lighting, gas lighting, the gas lighter. You know what I heard I found out about only last week, which I can't stop thinking about. I mentioned at the top of my show two weeks ago that you saw at the Comedy Vesel think you on three weeks ago? Whatever.
Speaker 2: Look, we're wearing matching color.
Speaker 3: We all blue blue, blue blue.
Speaker 2: She's in blue.
Speaker 3: We're all in blue. People green hat. I think you do this? What do There's people in the world that raw dog parking, so they go to things. We did it without knowing where to park.
Speaker 2: That's literally what we did.
Speaker 3: You didn't look up where to park, You don't know about the You don't at least go that street has that undercover car park. No, you're going into the city on a Saturday night and you didn't pre book on an app.
Speaker 2: We didn't pre book on an app.
Speaker 3: I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: And in fact, when we came, we're driving towards you raw.
Speaker 3: Dog in it. The traffic was so terrible they've shut down the freeway.
Speaker 2: But together we took a detour and it was It wouldn't have made sense to anybody else except us, who suddenly got all amazing race love. This absolutely brilliant, wasn't it sing?
Speaker 3: But she got through.
Speaker 2: We got through, and we got there.
Speaker 3: Early twenty three minutes on the app and it only took us seven Yeah what yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you heard?
Speaker 2: Get ready the tickets yet?
Speaker 3: Get the cooker ready? Get the cooker? Are you ready? I am calling Maps out on their bullshit. Yes, and this is and someone can message please and confirm this. You know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: What are they doing?
Speaker 3: And I have proof they are doing this. They are not taking you the quickest way. They are keeping you to main roads and keeping traffic off side streets and all the small little streets and lane ways and alleyways. I don't know why, but well you.
Speaker 2: Know we're all being funneled like sheep. All I'm telling you destination.
Speaker 3: The amount of times I get a bit cocky and I say no, I'm going to go left down this one and I do and it cuts off like six minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh I love you know what? Nothing thrills me more?
Speaker 3: You cooker?
Speaker 2: And oh just please okay, now can we talk about the collapse of building seven from septem except I mean that's got to be.
Speaker 3: Nine, So I'm onto you maps. I will cook that up. They are not taking you the quickest way, Kate, and I don't know why not that building collapse And no, hold your finger down. Are we cooking?
Speaker 2: We're off and cooking. What a cracking bucket we have. We just have to say a couple of things from the outset.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Welcome beautiful buckwheits, buck knuckles, Bucker, Rooney's hullabaloos, she dogs, he dogs.
Speaker 3: All the dogs are welcome here, all the dogs.
Speaker 2: Thank you for telling your friends.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: For sending us messages.
Speaker 3: Yes, here's a rhythm, but thank you for I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how to get them, but I can feel that they're coming.
Speaker 3: Shows you them.
Speaker 2: Listen to this. This is gorgeous from Sarah Jane.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Just a message to say thank you for this hilarious podcast. I was looking for something to listen to during early morning feedings with my baby. My mum suggested the buck up and I went back and listened to every episode Absolute God scene for three am feeding and look at her. I hope that baby's a boy, because then she can be continuing the Oedipus complex that has now.
Speaker 3: Become an integral.
Speaker 2: Pillar stone of our show.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you missed episode last week's episode, we kind of cover the gamut that boys want to root their masks.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, that's that's a bit march that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's I got it wrong?
Speaker 2: Got it right? That you're enjoyed it right?
Speaker 3: Do you get it right?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I disagree with the theory. Let's just throw that out there.
Speaker 2: You said that was Freud?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Also? Do you know what what you know? Einstein?
Speaker 3: I do know him.
Speaker 2: Okay, we all know.
Speaker 3: He ps Einstein around way later in the timeline of Earth that I thought he was y recent. Yeah, I thought it was relatively right. I thought it was so much long ago.
Speaker 2: How did you think was like the seventeen hundred, eighteen hundreds? Yeah? When was he nineteen nineteen hundreds? Yeah? And so was Freud?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Einstein? You know when people say the theory of relativity? What is it the We don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Please don't ask me to explain that.
Speaker 2: But he apparently said this to someone at a party. But you know, because I'm a cooker, you are, I don't believe that he said this. Go, so you've said, we all know Einstein, weird looking cat, big mo big mo man.
Speaker 3: Physically had a big mustache. I wasn't calling him a big moke great look. Maybe he was great look wild hair?
Speaker 2: Was he the one that was wife and had the hots for his sister in law.
Speaker 3: To be honest their wife?
Speaker 2: But he was so mean to his wife. She wasn't allowed to come into his study and had to slide his food under the.
Speaker 3: Door all the while, Like the motel, I think.
Speaker 2: He was having an affair with the wife's cousin or the wife's sister, something terribly cruel. But like all geniuses, terribly cruel, terribly cruel. Gave us so much, Yeah, it gave us so much. Anyway, he apparently let him go. You know, what goes up must come down, then you go, sweetie. He was at a party and someone asked him about his theory of relativity.
Speaker 3: Cool party, wouldn't it be imagine.
Speaker 2: Coming home and going I met this guy right, and he said, it's like you're at a party and you're talking to a beautiful woman. A minute, No, an hour feels like a minute. But put your hand on a burning hot plate, and a minute feels like ten years. When that that is the theory of relativity.
Speaker 3: How long do you think this podcast feels like to some people?
Speaker 2: Do you think he said that?
Speaker 3: Didn't he say it? Written it down?
Speaker 2: Say that?
Speaker 3: Oh that exact example is what he gave When did he die?
Speaker 2: Fifty five?
Speaker 3: Nineteen fifty five? See that's that. I really really wasn't long ago very mad man vine, you know, like my grandparents were alive at the same time as him. That's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: How hardy would he have been? I reckon, we're boring one like who would have gone, oh, I'm going to invite that mad scientist.
Speaker 3: You reckon, And every time you tell a story about someone like them, they're in a coat, a lab coat. Yes, in my.
Speaker 2: Mind straight, he would have come straight from We don't even know if he had any other clothes. We know he had a suit to accept the Nobel Prize. Because he's not turning up like Zelenski.
Speaker 3: Huh do you know I don't respect in that world. In that science was two people like questions, science, get the cooker.
Speaker 2: I love one of us, one of us, even.
Speaker 3: Fauci No, it's not fauciate. No, we're going to space. Not no. So any scientists, sorry, any any scientist that talks about crazy space facts. I always think, who's going to prove you wrong? Like, okay, mate, I always think that what I'm saying. They say this ship about a black hole being this big, and I just go, all right, yeah, taking your word for you. I'm you're going to go prove him wrong.
Speaker 2: I feel the same when people go and they found a bone from a don't get wrecked and net with two hundred.
Speaker 4: And thirty eight billion years old, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, bullshit, you don't know that.
Speaker 2: I've got a shit in my fridge that looks older than that. Like people, just at some point you can need to make up.
Speaker 5: You can just make it this jar of mayonnaise it's a billion years old.
Speaker 2: I'm so with you, though.
Speaker 3: Because the space one is just a come on. They're making it up as they go along.
Speaker 2: Why is this obsession with space? And I'm going to say all of a sudden, yes, because to my mind there's been a big gap since allegedly the walled dune. But and then nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing nothing said. Now I'm going to say, it's a space frenzy.
Speaker 3: What I don't know? People have bought I want to go up?
Speaker 2: You know what? That's like? Too many flavors.
Speaker 3: At the ice cream store anywhere? Did you like my joke in my show a few weeks ago about the rum and Raisin, Well, you know why? It's you, isn't it.
Speaker 2: No, it's not me, it's you people we like rum and Raisin. Oh my god, oh my god, it's you, in fact, both of us. Let me say, you didn't laugh at that when.
Speaker 3: Everyone else did?
Speaker 2: You know what? You know what we said to each other? Bad, bad for the We were.
Speaker 3: Fly hey buckheads. In my show the other week, I did a segment called Things that Have Never Been Said, and then I listed many things, and one of them was one scoop of the rum and raisin. Sir, huge laugh. But I said to someone, there'll be someone there. It's like I have Ramen raisin. It's you two.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean we hardly ever have it. I mean, I'm a I'm a hokey pokey sort of good okay, but it's a it's a passed on through the parents the mother. Did your mother have rum and raised? Yeah, that's why. And so I remember when I was little. Don't call me eat a purse, but I used to lick her cone. I got a chance, I would be tongue in that rum and raisin. Of course I could. I could. I couldn't get right up in it because she wanted it for herself. But I was like, when I rummen, I grow up, I'm gonna get myself too. You've got two scoops and I'm gonna lick scoops.
Speaker 3: For the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: I've down my chin.
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 2: I can't live in that well yogurt very hard to find.
Speaker 3: And raisincoops. I know why you're in an ice cream shop.
Speaker 2: No, but I like rum and raisin. That doesn't mean that.
Speaker 3: I know what. I've moved on now and said, what's your two scoop? I want to know what your two scoops are? You go to scoops?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd go natural yogurt and hokey pokey pokey. Hokey Pokey's the greatest ice cream in the free world. I don't know if it's made correctly. Now people might think I'm talking about the supermarket hokey pokey that's New Zealand style hockey pokey that's got bits of butterscotch in it. Yes, that's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the one made with honeycomb stirred into vanilla ice cream. It is Johnny never had it stunning.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring you some okay around forever.
Speaker 2: Our friend Jock makes it at his ice cream shop.
Speaker 3: You know, someone with an ice cream shop.
Speaker 2: The greatest ice cream.
Speaker 3: My god, I'll.
Speaker 2: Bring you some.
Speaker 3: You know growing up, my Zia who you met at the show the other week and none of your.
Speaker 2: Family knew she was there, means Auntie Sash used to have a lolli shop.
Speaker 3: How amazing is that? For a few years of my life, my Auntie had a lolli shop.
Speaker 2: Did you go?
Speaker 3: Of course we did in Kensington.
Speaker 2: Here in Melbourne's it like an old fashioned lolli shop.
Speaker 3: An old fashion lolly shop and that whole walls filled heaven.
Speaker 2: I know what would you get?
Speaker 3: I think you went bankrupt. Why isn't it there anymore. I'll ask you.
Speaker 2: I think all lolly shops go broke or it was a drunk friend. What's that you met her? I met her. She's very fun.
Speaker 3: She she came to your show and no one knew she was there. Yeah, she didn't even tell me she was coming.
Speaker 2: Put it to your mother. Your mother had that air like mothers always have.
Speaker 3: Something happened without her knowing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you're making it up. Yeah, you're making it up. Because she said, who's your brother aunt that was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She said you met an Ca Yeah no, and she said no. I said, yeah. Anyway, we love the Zeas and the Zeo.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to eat hokey pokey.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring you some Jock's ice cream.
Speaker 3: You're in Melbourne, right, Celebrity feud does anything make us more happy? Oh?
Speaker 2: I love it, and I know it's bread and circuses. It's all a mass distraction, as they all remove.
Speaker 3: Okay, so building seven on nine to eleven and celebrity fud. Yeah right, yeah, you know who's responsible for both of those FACI.
Speaker 2: Oh thank goodness. I thought you were going to say something else. However, So bring me a celebrity feud, and you are bringing me the greatest gift.
Speaker 3: That's so great. And the best celebrity feuds are the ones that you've been with on the ride, the whole time, the journey, from the start, when you've just been involved.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for the next installment of Blake Lively, all right, because you justin Baldoni. Because I'll tell you something. It doesn't end with us. Jane Race.
Speaker 3: And when we first started this pod, coming up to a year ago, by the way, we said to each other a promise that we will make sure when this pod finishes, we will have a publick falling out and we will go to war. There will be messages leaked, there will be voicemails leaked. Yes, I am bringing you down. You know what, what.
Speaker 2: You'll be bringing me down from below me because I will have crushed you under.
Speaker 3: Foot with your rum and Raisin.
Speaker 2: Who knows but what would be feued about?
Speaker 3: I will figure it out, and I will listen to a couple of apps. I'll find something. Give me Alton John versus Madonna, Alton John, the classic. I'm going to start with them making up because it's the fun part, and then we'll rewind a.
Speaker 2: Bit, so she just did this.
Speaker 3: So she did the most insane thing, and I love her so much. I've seen Madonna live a few times, have you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I have you interviewed Madonna? I always forget this, Yes, I always forget this. Do you know what that meant to me? As someone who Kylie and Madonna and all and Gaga and all these women that have had such an impact in my life. How weird it was the day my friend Kate sat down with the biggest pop icon of my generation.
Speaker 2: It was weird for me to you hung out with.
Speaker 3: The first thing I asked you was what was her skin like? Because it always looks so nice? And you said it was porcelain and it felt beautiful. And I will never forget about that interview. Google it's on YouTube to look it up if you want. She liked you, She really liked you.
Speaker 2: You could tell that. I couldn't tell that when I was in it, because I was a bit like you know, you were saying how you were before you walked on stage for your biggest ever show, then you went completely blank. I was like that before I walked into the interview with her, and there was such a big Pilava.
Speaker 3: And you flew over just for it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I was living in Italy, so I flew to London to do it.
Speaker 3: I've watched many Madonna interviews over the years, and she can be cold. Yeah, and she doesn't oh my god, she doesn't make people feel welcome.
Speaker 2: People in there that like she came out like can you see with that.
Speaker 3: With their dragons?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just slash slash because she could. And also it was the era where she had the eye patches.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Madame x error. But yeah, she was really into her anyway. Tell me. So Elton John goes on to hid the makeup they got. He goes on Saturday Night Live about a month ago. I forgot to do this by the last week. By the way, I did bring it in. We never bring we ran out of time.
Speaker 2: We like them seasoned. Yeah, you know what, we like our gossip like a fine wine. We cellar it for twelve to fourteen years and then we bring it.
Speaker 3: We have a hot take. We have a hot take's coming up next week, the winner of the two thousand and eight Australian Idol.
Speaker 2: And also, you know what, then we always know you know how people go. They're in the right side of history. You got to be in the right dadded history, which is such an arrogant thing to say. But we know once we've lit, we buried our treasure of celebrity in the backyard, and then when we've dug it out, we know what's the chips of four?
Speaker 3: There we go. He's doing Saturday Night Live. He's the musical guest.
Speaker 2: What's he playing on it?
Speaker 3: He's doing his new album is lost.
Speaker 2: He's playing something from it. Doesn't say an old all from the new album I don't know about.
Speaker 3: That was a duet album with Oh No, that's right, Randy Carlisle.
Speaker 2: Really good. They really yeah.
Speaker 3: I like her, tote her voice.
Speaker 2: She's a lesbian, yeah, and he's home.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 2: We who thought that's interesting?
Speaker 3: I don't that she's a lesbian. No, that's fine, but it's all fine. No, But the way that you were saying that it's interesting that he's gay, I don't find.
Speaker 2: This could be this is the view.
Speaker 3: Oh this is good. Let's plant some seeds, all right, go on? All right? That I don't even like calling you that, never need to touch you.
Speaker 2: He's very attractive.
Speaker 3: Elton John does sn now in New York. I love no matter how much money and how much fame you have, you're still obsessed with someone not liking you. She knows out and doesn't like her because of all the things he said over the years. She finds out he's on SNL. She goes to SNL and goes backstage, doesn't tell he didn't know she was coming, and goes into his change room, his green room, and confronts him. Really, he's been going for fifteen years or something, and she just went going in, runs into the green room. He just gave up as soon as as soon as she walked in, he said, apparently soon forgive me and my big mouth as soon as well. He's one hundred.
Speaker 2: But also, you know what, there's something like an old friend. You know they say old friends are golden, do they? They say that about.
Speaker 5: Some something is golden something anyway, an old friend, the way that you feel about an old.
Speaker 3: Friend similar to an old enemy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just there's something there. I have some sediment together, some bed rock.
Speaker 3: Well, she posts the picture of them two hug.
Speaker 2: She was so happy.
Speaker 3: She was thrilled, She wrote, we finally buried the hatchet. She owned it over the decades. It hurt me to know that someone I admired so much shed he's dislike of me publicly as an artist.
Speaker 2: No, she's not, really.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand it when I met him. The first thing out of his mouth was forgive me, and the wall between us fell down. Within minutes we were hugging. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this is going to start shit up again. She's got it, she's isn't she?
Speaker 3: How bad could he have gotten? Two thousand and two, she does the James Bond side.
Speaker 2: Is she doing this? She's recounting this? I'm doing all okay, all right, because I was going to say that's really.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and two, she released the James Bond theme Die Another Day?
Speaker 2: Oh how did that Die Another Day?
Speaker 3: Or the like weird voicing. He comes out and says it's the worst Bond tune ever recorded.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: He has a point.
Speaker 2: I think he's run even from a fan, he has a point. Two thousand and four, still she necessary.
Speaker 3: She wins some award Best Tour. He's quote publicly Madonna best in live act since when she's lip syncing. Sorry about it, but I think everyone who lips in is in public on stage when you paid like seventy five quid to see them should be shot.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, that's.
Speaker 3: Me off her Christmas card list? But do I give a toss?
Speaker 2: Noh?
Speaker 3: Two thousand and five, So and asked him again about those comments. He said, it was just one of those off the cuff things. I haven't got Tourette syndrome. But I can't cend to myself. Why should I? But let's leave it at that. I don't want to go any further for Christ's sake.
Speaker 2: Right, he's always angry, little bit, very angry guy.
Speaker 3: Both up for Golden Glow Best Movie Song in twenty twelve. He says she's got not a chance of winning. She wins over him?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Were they both nominated?
Speaker 3: Her husband David hang On back? Uh huh? Twenty teeny twelve twelve?
Speaker 2: What was she?
Speaker 3: A song? Was called Masterpiece? What was that from that terrible WE movie that she was in? Or called w E or Weekend or something?
Speaker 2: And what was he nominated?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it was an animation? Probably it would have been an animal an animation. So she beat him.
Speaker 2: I think to two enemies who were once friends, who we know become the deepest of enemies. What did you say?
Speaker 3: The husband got involved.
Speaker 2: The husband David Fernie.
Speaker 3: David furnished posts on his Facebook as brilliant, god I missed twenty twelve. Brilliant when posting on Facebook meant something, He writes, Madonna best song off.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you just know that was done from bead.
Speaker 4: That's so true.
Speaker 2: You know Elton was propped up next to him on many silken pillows. I reckon he popped his two payoff because he was really and they were just going to town, and David goes, I'm going to fix her little record.
Speaker 3: Really towards from bed. Twenty twelve, Dona does the halftime show. Oh yes, super Bowl. Elton's advice to her, he's such a bitch. Make sure your lips ink good.
Speaker 2: Did she respond to any of this, By the way, she's never responded. I'm sure she has never responded. For her not to respond, that is quite extreme.
Speaker 3: And he's the final one, best for last Okay, what year twenty thirteen? Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster, and it couldn't happen to a bigger She looks like a fair ground stripper.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. All right, we just applaud the sleigh. Oh that's Bruce.
Speaker 3: He dropped the sea.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: It couldn't happen to a big ground fair ground stripper.
Speaker 2: Fair ground, So what fair ground has a stripper. It's the starter's that's just all up into the air car. I grew up going to the Echo in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: You're a royal Melbourne show boy. And after all that, they still hugged it out. What a buck up? What a buck If there's someone in your life whose husband wants posted on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Off, yeah, there's hope for you and absolutely like minimize your talents, which the rest of the world would go are in norm.
Speaker 3: And if there's that old friend of yours that one time called you a fair ground stripper, take from this story.
Speaker 2: Forgiveness all right, we love redemption.
Speaker 3: I think he'll kick off again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. Also, because she's dug up, the body is in her, alluding to their dark part. Love it, love it, love it. Since we're in the realm of celebrity and we're talking about redemption, this is a twofold story. Go the round, kids, It's a tale of redemption for someone who possibly doesn't deserve it. Now we don't know even how to begin to process that. I'm not saying the person doesn't. I'm saying, but when you hear the circumstances, like the kid might.
Speaker 3: Think, are we getting the cook of sound effect? Ready? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's not mal Gibson sugar tits. I wish it was. Oh, I love him. I've never found him.
Speaker 3: Hotter, never found him hotter, malgibs it.
Speaker 2: I never found him hot all during that oh except with the face painted with Oh yeah, William, what was his name? Wallace? You're William Wallace? Or I loved him or I'd love him. Just smudge some blue paint on your tongue. I've got a blue tongue.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the joke.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if you could say it or not.
Speaker 3: I can always see your blue tongue.
Speaker 2: Anyway, where were we? It's not about him, all right? This is so interesting, and this actually poses the question you know, we were saying last week this We could know more now in this world than we ever know. We have everything literally at I think knowledge. So I've got to ask you, Nathan Valvo, do people bother to google?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 2: And the reason that I ask you this is I bring you Exhibit A.
Speaker 3: I sometimes do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sometimes do too. If you're running a multi bill dollar car company and you decided to have someone be the face of your car, yes, do you think you can google them? And and this is what I bring you. I bring you Matthew Broderick.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, yeah, great husband of SJP. Yeah, singing dance in Matthew Roderick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And car company goes Ferris Bueller's day Off. Of course, not just any car company, Honda. He's the face of the new CRVE. It was a homage to his role in Ferris Bueller's Day Off and it with the ad was called Matthew's day Off. And I think they played it at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Sounds very super Bowl s.
Speaker 2: It does, doesn't it. And the campaign was part of an integrated multiplatform advertising effort. Oh I love that so a lot of money and it was released during that It was directed by the director of The Hangover.
Speaker 3: So you're talking over you, someone's gurgled.
Speaker 2: Do you know of any problem with Matthew Broderick doing oh car campaign?
Speaker 4: Umm?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Should I I'm going to say no. The only thing I can possibly think which has nothing to do with. Oh no, yes, I do. Okay, let me deep recesses of my mind is singing.
Speaker 2: Okay. So in nineteen eighty seven, Matthew Broderick was driving in Ireland when his car entered the wrong lane, resulting in a collision that killed killed two people. Give me an appropriate sound effect, rip.
Speaker 3: Not hullabaloo, the pressure on the pressures on for the right button.
Speaker 5: What do we have for that?
Speaker 2: That supper sarray, No, you realize it needs.
Speaker 3: Something has three sound effects and you turned to her. He killed two people.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is what I mean, the full horror of what I don't know what he has done.
Speaker 3: He was and it's his fault.
Speaker 2: He was driving on the wrong side of the road because they drive on the opposite.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: He killed two people in a car and then a car company decides no admittiedly.
Speaker 3: How old was he when he did that.
Speaker 2: It was nineteen eighty seven, Oh man, I can't do the maths.
Speaker 3: Very young.
Speaker 2: Probably it was obviously post Ferris Bueller's day off houses. So he was charged with vehicular manslaughter and he could have got five years in prison. However, and this is all.
Speaker 3: After Ferris Bueller. Yeah, was it so after that.
Speaker 2: Movie there must have been must have been. The charges were later reduced. I think there's still what I gathered from my deep ish style, there's still some annoyance in Ireland about this, that the charges were reduced and he was fined one hundred and seventy five dollars. Yeah, give it a sound of.
Speaker 3: Feat that's his lawyer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's his lawyer and him, and it's JP. I don't think it even met her yet. How's that? And he was going out with Jennifer Gray, she was his girlfriend at the time. She's written about it in her memoir Out of the Corner.
Speaker 3: The name of the memoir, Yeah, out of the Corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, No one can put baby in the corner.
Speaker 3: Oh you know her story, don't you. No, she did, she fixed her and ended her career.
Speaker 2: That the whole story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. That's the end. That's not as exciting as killing two people. But I mean wrong Joye in literally like why my campaign was twenty twelve, So this is very up to date with your deep dive here.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought he just did one.
Speaker 3: Hang on, please bring us things that are thirteen years old.
Speaker 2: That's even worse, he said, he's even close.
Speaker 3: You think people don't google anymore? I think.
Speaker 2: One of them sitting right in front of me. Whatever he did that campaign.
Speaker 3: We car campaign didn't google it? Did you?
Speaker 2: Why did I suddenly you think.
Speaker 3: It was now? Because I was thinking, while they're interested in him, now he's not interesting now.
Speaker 2: It couldn't have been.
Speaker 3: What year was the hangover, like twenty five, twenty twenty two, thousand and five.
Speaker 2: Or something happen. Hell, okay, let's ignore. Let's ignore.
Speaker 3: There's been another crash on this podka. Do you know what good she has that? I mean, that's pretty wild that you could.
Speaker 2: I say that there's no there's no date on here.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's pretty wild that your whole stick there was bagging out someone for doing what you just did. But no, I get it. I didn't remember. I did know that Caitlyn Jenner also is responsible for someone dying in a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, and that was recent and.
Speaker 3: She's gotten away with that.
Speaker 2: She hasn't done a car campaign.
Speaker 3: No, she hasn't.
Speaker 2: You're right, she's going to put someone in a car campaign that has literally killed two people in a car. I don't care if that happened. When with Henry Ford. You can have it in any color except black. I don't care if it happened in the nineteen twenties. The point remains, it's a really strange thing to do.
Speaker 3: It's also the plot of Succession, the TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but does he do a car at No?
Speaker 3: But just it. It's the secret bubble and a bubbling along.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I forgot the.
Speaker 3: Google feature that no one uses, that I always forget to use, and it is a life changer. You just need to know.
Speaker 2: That's too much French, by the way.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I've never seen her in fact life. I don't even know that your mouth can go up at the corner two twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the last time you saw that twenty and twelve. That's the last time you googled anything. You've got a hot tape on the y two K bug.
Speaker 2: You know what? It was never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, cook her up, thank you. There's a sound effect that will work. So the Google feature that no one ever uses, and you should use it, and I always forget about it. You open the Google app.
Speaker 2: How do you open the Google app?
Speaker 3: You just get the app? Google app, download app download Google got Google. Yeah, but the apps you need to do Safari. So you just opened the Google up.
Speaker 5: No, actually, I've got duck jun Okay, will it work with dak duckar whatever?
Speaker 3: Open Google? Why?
Speaker 2: Because they don't harvest your data?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, thank you, fingers getting to work out, workout today. If you like the hat sash has got on, if you like that bottle, you just press that and it takes a photo of it and then brings it up where you buy it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 3: That's it. I know that sounds really dumb and simple. You can't take a photo of a person. I can't buy it. You're wearing a plain blue top. You need a little bit more specific to you.
Speaker 2: So you're like, okay, all right, take these pants. This will taste yet, all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Because these you get the okay microphone card.
Speaker 3: On, well, at least it will bring up something similar.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, So here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm taking a photo, taking a photo of Kate's pants. They literally just came.
Speaker 2: Up and what are they? No, that's not then, but.
Speaker 3: They are identical to them, but very similar. So if you wanted those pants, you could easily buy any of these and it matches, right, No, what's the bottom that I had?
Speaker 2: What is it? They're very close? Yeah, but they're not the pants. Those three to three quarter ones are an abomination.
Speaker 3: Well, Google, don't lie, and I use that a lot.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's it called Google?
Speaker 3: There's a little square next to the search bar. Looks like a little camera.
Speaker 2: I say to you, showers will make a video, actually, and we'll put it up. Let's put a video up.
Speaker 3: I have another tip for you online shoppers, Online shoppers.
Speaker 2: I've got shoes.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I've just found something online. You want, find something your mind you want.
Speaker 2: I've got shoes that I ordered and I had to get them from Japan. I saw them in Japan. I couldn't get them to fit me because the biggest size in that country is thirty nine and I'm a forty. So I found them online. I got them delivered. I ordered a forty. But for some reason, they're like sideshow Bob size feet. They're so giant.
Speaker 3: Different countries, different numbers.
Speaker 2: No, but forties universal, forties universal. Now I can't return them. What are they going to do?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't help.
Speaker 2: Okay, proceed, Have you got a button for that?
Speaker 3: When you're when you're online shopping and you're looking at the product you want. Save the photo, like right click it or drag it out on your desktop, put that into search, and it brings up that product everywhere.
Speaker 2: With the lowest prime and I just.
Speaker 3: Look for look at all the prices.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to do any bad.
Speaker 3: Does that makes sense? I don't know how to do anything, so you will just be able to find where I.
Speaker 2: Don't have desktop. I don't have. This is my computer.
Speaker 3: In twenty twelve, my computer and I have an iPad. Uh huh, you can still there on the phone. I think save image.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, I do. That's patronizing. I don't want to know anything else about twenty twelve. By the way, you brought me a celebrity feud.
Speaker 3: I did from four four I know, and yeah, because it resolved two weeks ago. Let me say this to you in my defense back in the news.
Speaker 2: Matthew Rottery only finished spending the money from his Honda CRB campaign last week when he brought Sarah Jessica Parker another brownstone in New York.
Speaker 3: You know it's been a while, Kate. Four Secrets to Living Longer. Right, This isn't technically a secret to living longer. But a bunch of buckheads did send us this, and I did laugh because well, Hilda is her name? Hilda, and Hilda turn not our buckhead.
Speaker 2: No, no, Hilda. Mom and dad have an old German girlfriend whose name is Hilda.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not her.
Speaker 2: No, she's also getting to live long.
Speaker 3: Could be her? Is she one hundred and five?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, Well this Hilda is one hundred and five from we'll find out.
Speaker 2: But to Derbyshire, I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, an English helda Englishilda one hundred and five. Now I will make a generalization here, and I would say that one hundred and five year olds are probably a bit frail, would you think.
Speaker 2: I think you can. Absolutely we don't believe in being ages on this pod, but I think it a hundred and fun frail. You go, frail? Maybe some brittle bones, right, Maybe waking up in the morning you would always been let this day be my last? You know, it depends how robust you are striding into the future.
Speaker 3: Have just offended all our one hundred five five year old listeners?
Speaker 2: Okay, but maybe not. Maybe they're the exception that proves the rule. They're like I can't wait to see what this year holds. This is going to be the best year of my life.
Speaker 3: I would think if they were in my care, I would like to keep a cautious attitude to behaviors, events, activities that we plan for the one hundred and five years old.
Speaker 2: Perhaps that you're careful with them.
Speaker 3: Hilda turned one hundred and five. The nursing home gave her a rave for her birthday.
Speaker 2: Rave a rave, a dance some dim an.
Speaker 3: Ed m DJ fluro lights.
Speaker 2: Did she want it?
Speaker 3: Well, let's have listened to Hilda.
Speaker 2: Okay, she'll keep on going.
Speaker 3: That was the chaos that it was. The interview Hilda at the end about her ravening party at one hundred and five years old?
Speaker 2: Did you say you wanted to rave for not particularly enjoy every minute? Ah?
Speaker 3: My only question is why did they do it if you didn't ask for it?
Speaker 2: No, that's really weird.
Speaker 3: Not particularly No.
Speaker 2: Don't enjoy every minute of it.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why, do you think so?
Speaker 2: Maybe because they knew the spirit of her was ravy. Yeah, and she wouldn't even know that she enjoyed every minute in.
Speaker 3: Her first rave.
Speaker 2: I find indecent and I never want to see it. Here we go, you know, on the news where they've brought you death to spare, destruction, decay, depression, and then at the end they tried to cheer you up.
Speaker 3: With the cat stuck up the tree, dog on a surfboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're like and then night night everybody leaving people cata tonic with grief in the fetal position, and they've just said, oh, they make a little pun or the weather man got a little something right. Sometimes those stories are about the oldest people in the world have gone skydiving.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not on board.
Speaker 3: I'm not young people skydiving.
Speaker 2: No, but particularly be aged.
Speaker 3: Get Hilda down from there.
Speaker 2: I don't. And I'm worried now about Hilda because the people that will force her into a rave against her will are the same people that would put her on a cessna flying over an open powder and give her a little take off that floronet sound.
Speaker 3: It's time to put on the parachute. You're getting in the plane.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, but I love her.
Speaker 3: We love Hilda.
Speaker 2: I love you, Hilda.
Speaker 3: I have a too old a rave, but God unbucked I am so but love you.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's twenty and twelve, when we were at the cusp of everything positive. What Yeah, except for some of us who had murder on their minds. The buck Up podcast is hosted by me, Kate Langbrook and him Nathan Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French Audio and sound by the magnificent Jack Lawrence you might call him Jack. And Dom Evans. Oh We're lucky.