Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Show podcast it. So it's a good sign when the guy opposite for you is a slumped over his chair praying for help. I've been there, poor guy, You're in so much pain.
Speaker 2: It's seazy enough, and it's getting stiffers and stiffer as we go. I pulled my back yesterday trying to do a dead lift at the gym, which if you're not doing it right, is a dangerous lift.
Speaker 1: And then what a humiliating place to hurt it as well, because those gyms.
Speaker 2: Are I'm already intimidated in there.
Speaker 1: Seriously. It's like when you go to a gym, there are two types of people out. There are women there who relaxed, who are comfortable in themselves and their self esteem, and then there are men. And they're not men, actually are they. We're boys. You're looking around at the bigger boys. You know. Even when I go into a locker room, I'm not forty eight, I'm a teenager.
Speaker 2: They're going to see with me with the town, take my lunch money.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going. It's fraught with tension in a gym.
Speaker 2: So when I pulled my back yesterday, I felt so vulnerable because you were paralyzed for a little bit with pain and my knees.
Speaker 1: When those big apes could pick you up and have away with you, use you as a beach ball.
Speaker 2: There's nowhere to go that I desperately wanted to stand up and walk it off.
Speaker 1: So were you really on the floor?
Speaker 2: I was on the floor and that all I could do was wrap my legs up to my chest.
Speaker 1: And what were the other dudes doing?
Speaker 2: They? I mean they look the other way.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see a guy like that.
Speaker 2: You know what it is? Actually, you're right that the women are the people who came up to me and said like, hey, can I get you anything? I'll get your panadolega want.
Speaker 1: To see it because they fear that could be then one day they even talk about it, they could absorb some of your weakness.
Speaker 2: Can't stop my reps to help another.
Speaker 1: On the floor. Lived hard, Live hard? How long were you down for?
Speaker 2: Oh? Twenty minutes? Oh yeah, what did Frankie boy did?
Speaker 1: He must have felt so wayful.
Speaker 2: He was so he felt so bad because he said, he was like, this shouldn't happen on my watch. I'm sorry that this happened. See again, this was going on that, my goose goose, I bet if there was a way for him to sacrifice himself.
Speaker 1: And yes, it's all your fraid. I'm gonna smash right back up, Jack so we can be down there together, brothers. Anyway, it's amazing whenever you talk about knackering backs, right, you don't say you've hurt your back. You actually use the F word. Actually, because I even I swapt I felt so sorry. Yes, I swat messages with him and said to our wife, Jackson a lot of paints once he do when he's f his back. That is the Latin medical term. It's the only word. It's so bad. You can't use mild language, Rob, but for this morning on the Money Show, we must use mild language.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But you said I've knackered my back, don't you say so? One O this morning? Where did you knack your back? I didn't mind lifting the couch and had to actually get taken into hospital and kun do the show for three days. So I do know, Jackie boy feels you did yours in the gym. Yep, my friend Iris Johnny, who like your friend Jeremy the vegetarian, Guess what is Irish? Irish he's actually in my phone is Irish Johnny. I've known him like twenty years. I know he's Irish everyone he speaks to him, it's crystal clear. Johnny is still Irish.
Speaker 2: But to me iris Johnny.
Speaker 1: When we were single, we were in a I think the kids used to call it disco thecky uh in while swing in London, and he when he was drunk, he used to do the splits. But as he got older, you can't be doing that. And then that was the last time Irish Johnny did the splits on the dead floor, on the dance floor. And you know, when someone's in painstry away, it's terrible. Your first fraction is to laugh. Uncontrol of me. I have no regret to this day. Johnny is Irish Johnny. And he was screaming. I just thought he's mucking around, or he'd bashed his balls or something like that, you know, But no, Johnny, Irish Johnny could actually get up. He actually had surgery on his back. He done it so bad and he tore his ars. He actually tore one of his glute muscles. They had to get an ambulance and it is awful. You've ever been in a nightclub where they turn the lights.
Speaker 2: On, light's on, a music off at a nightclub is the weirdest environment you've ever been.
Speaker 1: People who were about to get it on together when they see the old light. You're not six or nine. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.