Speaker 1: What have you eaten in the last forty eight hours that has made you fart non stop around the house? Edit, It's just it's constant. I can hear it from across the apartment. I'm in the bedroom in.
Speaker 2: The living room, to be it's a smaller apartment.
Speaker 3: This is what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: It's like a whales making a mating call.
Speaker 3: Pretty willing, is that you?
Speaker 1: And it's just Laura relaxing on the couch with wine in hand, of poor children, lollers in your arms, going please someone rescue me.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Live Uncut. I'm Laura, and I'm really sad that it's not Brittany you to.
Speaker 1: Those part is made bus that come over making sure everything's okay.
Speaker 3: It's fine, buddy, it's fine, okay.
Speaker 2: I'm really sorry that that's how we started this episode. I'm really sorry if we're in lockdown. We've been spending a lot of time together, too much time.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back, is it, Yeah? It is. It's always nice to get the call up.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a very very special episode for you today, and that is because we are getting to know our brand spanking new pilot, Captain Jimmy. We have Jimmy Nicholson on the episode and we're going to get to know a little bit more about Australia's brand new bachelor.
Speaker 1: I always get a little bit jealous when the new bachelor comes around.
Speaker 2: Why is it because you're like, you see the new girls and you're like, oh, maybe those girls are hotter than my girls.
Speaker 1: No one's hotter than you. Well, as you pull out a clump of hair from your head.
Speaker 2: I have postpartum hair loss.
Speaker 3: You are stunning, my darling.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Our love for each other has gotten deeper over the years, very deep.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: But I'm very excited for the new Bachelor. It's just it's interesting that, you know, all eyes are on this new guy and I'm this old, haggard, dad, boded ex bachelor.
Speaker 3: He's like, you remember me. I used to be pretty and.
Speaker 2: Handsome making TikTok videos.
Speaker 3: That's all I've got now.
Speaker 2: It is a very big thanks to Starbucks at home, who are bringing you this content. And we were supposed to be sitting down with Jimmy and having a heart to heart over a cup of coffee. However, because of COVID. We've had to do this in a very safer COVID safe way. So this is a zoom interview now, and Matt and I are just sitting here having a Starbucks fine Espresso capsule coffee. Now, Matt, do you want to just tell everyone before we.
Speaker 3: Sorry continue, I want you.
Speaker 2: To tell everyone before we start. How do you have your coffee in the morning these days?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that disgusting. You don't like it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we get our coffees mixed up and you have a sip of mine and it looks like you've just had a sip of petrol. But my coffee is a flat white large with three shots.
Speaker 2: It's not that I feel like it's a super petrol. I feel like my balls just got blown off, Like I literally feel like I am jacked.
Speaker 3: On pre workout. I love it.
Speaker 2: And then he spends half an hour in the toilet afterwards. So if you're going to come in with the fart jokes about me, that's what you do with your mornings.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed talking to Jimmy. And obviously they're not going to pick a crap bloke to be the bachelor. They're always going to pick someone who's you know, he's very intelligent, very well spoken, but he is delightful, he really is.
Speaker 2: And we did actually put a call out to you guys to get all your questions, things that you wanted to know about Jimmy before we sat down with him. Now, there were some very questionable questions that came in. One of our listeners wrote in asking us to ask Jimmy for her bra back. We didn't ask him that. I didn't want to put the guy on the spot, but we did ask him all the things about his past, about his past relationships, about his upbringing, why he wanted.
Speaker 3: To do the show, whether person he's after.
Speaker 2: He's in love now and he is very very much in love. His face is the face of man who's very happy. So we're really excited to share this little bonus episode with you. And next week is when The Bachelor starts, So it starts on Wednesday, the twenty first. That is going to be the first episode where we can get a real taste of who Jimmy Nicholson is.
Speaker 3: On Channel ten as well.
Speaker 2: Laura Byrn, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Those playing at home question for you. You don't have to answer this, but I'm going to put you.
Speaker 3: On the spot.
Speaker 1: Will we do more podcast episodes on The Bachelor doing little recaps?
Speaker 3: Do you think we will? Or will we just give it a bit of a wide berth? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we put this out there to you guys as well. We are considering doing a Bachelor recap episode each week now. We haven't completely decided yet whether or not that's going to happen, but it's in the works potentially.
Speaker 1: We if only you lived with somebody who could also podcast co host with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wonder who it could be.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know what they say, never work with children, animals or Maddie Jay. Anyway, guys, let's get into the chat with Jimmy today. We have here, the man, the myth, the legend, the one and only. We have Jimmy Nicholson, who is our brand spanking new pilot, Jimmy joining us on this season of the Bachelor. Jimmy, Welcome to life on Cut.
Speaker 4: Laura, Maddie, lovely to meet you both, and thanks for having me here.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting that this is the way that we're meeting over a zoom call.
Speaker 3: This interview could go any which way.
Speaker 4: Jimmy, Oh yeah, I'm ready for it. Should I bring my new partner in as well?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know, we want to meet number.
Speaker 2: One out.
Speaker 3: Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Laura did say, she said, just remember this is my podcast, not yours, So I'm on my best behavior today.
Speaker 4: So we know who wears the pants in this relationship, then right, you could establish that.
Speaker 2: Well, we're sitting here on zoom, so I means debatable whether either of us are wearing pants right now. But the way that we always kick off every single episode that we do is we start with an accidentally unfiltered story, which is basically just you sharing with us your most embarrassing story, and we're here for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm still trying to defend myself on this one.
Speaker 5: To this day, I think I was about fourteen, maybe it probably would have been fifteen. I was getting ready to go to like my first party. The theme was pimps and hose, so I wasn't sure what to wear. And back in the day, so we're at that house we're living in, so Dad does all the washing and like cleaning in the house. It's a very modern household my family set up anyway. So Dad's outside and I didn't realize. He was outside hanging up the washing on the line, and I was inside and searched on the computer. Pimps and hose those days, like the pop up thing was big. Anyway, as I searched, I pressed, like you know, search on Google, and this website popped up, you know back in the day where you click on one link and then suddenly like the pop up. It just my whole computer screen was filled with the most like heavy pawn to see as a fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: And anyway, and some pretty like some acts that.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think existed at that at that age.
Speaker 4: And as that all popped up, Dad came in from outside. It was dark. He came in and walked in and he's like oh, And I was like oh oh. And he's like, well, what is that?
Speaker 5: And like our families, like mum's a psychologist, we're a really cruisy family. You guys will see you'll meet my parents on the show that they're really really relaxed. But it was so awkward because Dad obviously saw he thought I.
Speaker 4: Was having some special Jimmy time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like under normal circumstances, if it was normal porn, he could probably be like Okay, that's like, that's acceptable. He's young exploring his you know, all that kind of stuff. But this is really full on stuff. So I spent years and years defending myself and I still think I'm defending myself to this day that I actually wasn't searching that stuff.
Speaker 2: So Jimmy, look, we're not gonna shame you if your fetishes. But also this is a very elaborate story that you have come up with to try and cover up the fact that you were googling porn when you were fourteen.
Speaker 4: Like, well, look, I mean, I'll be honest, I probably was, but not this stuff.
Speaker 3: What did you end not to the party?
Speaker 2: He went as a hope, Oh.
Speaker 4: I can't remember. I'm too traumatized. I probably didn't go too traumatized from that little incident with dad.
Speaker 1: Jeez, hey, Jimmy, quick question when it comes to coffee, how do you take yours hot cap?
Speaker 5: Which I have been told is incredibly feminine, but I'm going to roll with it.
Speaker 2: Which do you know what, considering that you're a Bondai boy, I'm actually really impressed by how normal your coffee order is. Was expecting some like sort of chiric larte or something.
Speaker 4: I saw a late with half an equal, yeah, and it was I do a pink keep cut. You know.
Speaker 2: Caring for the environments very important. But I want to go back. So this whole purpose of this episode was because we wanted to give our listeners an insight into who you are, all the reasons why you wanted to do the show in the first place. But let's wind it right back to your childhood. How like your upbringing. Tell us a little bit about who Jimmy was before Jimmy was a pilot.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm watching lots of port.
Speaker 4: Is this after the porn addictional?
Speaker 5: Before after a traumatizing event when I was fourteen with my dad. From then onwards, look grew up on all the beaches, typical kind of beaches like style, a lot of time at the beach, spent a whole bunch of time on pit water, cruising around on my tinny with my mates.
Speaker 4: So that pretty normal childhood.
Speaker 5: Because I was just like little tanned looking kid, but kind of like I used to I think I was a bit teased.
Speaker 4: Like I changed schools early.
Speaker 5: On, so I went from Avalon to Mona of our school because my sister, the Golden Child got into the classes there, which is like the it was called the OC class anyway, so I had to move schools. I spent my first like the early days at Mona of our public school, hanging out with my sister and Reese's and lunch because I didn't have any friends. So that was a bit of a rough little but then I established myself. I got there, it was all right, probably a bit of a different Jimmy that you see now, and then through high school was right into my exercise all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: I always knew I wanted to fly.
Speaker 5: That's in the family, so dad flies, My uncle was a pilot, cousin's a pilot, grandfather was a pilot. So yeah, it was kind of, you know, it was the obvious progression. But I finished school and I didn't want to goal into aviation because you know, you could lose your medical or something and then you screwed. So I went and got a degree, finished that and then started flying. And I've worked for a regional airline for a little bit and then got a gig flying the jets with Jetstar.
Speaker 4: So rest is history.
Speaker 1: I think the good thing about growing up with an older sister is the fact that it gives you a real advantage when it comes to talking to girls and understanding the opposite sex.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would agree with that.
Speaker 5: I was definitely brought up by my sister and my mum and they're both psychologists.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, you two, so you're in trouble.
Speaker 4: Nothing's off limits. So it's been good.
Speaker 5: It's nice to have that open relationship with my mum and my sister were I can talk about like sexual things, anything and justsch it's all good.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that Matt is asking these questions and it comes from like his own personal relationship with his sister and his mum. He's really really close with them. And I think when we went through our experience with the Bachelor, the one person who he leaned on so heavily was his sister for her support and her guidance. And I mean every time we have an argument now he still goes through his success. She's that point of compact for him. But Jimmy, we did when we put out a call out telling our audience that you were coming on the podcast, we did ask our listeners if they had any questions for you. Now, it would seem that maybe you were a bit of a Bachelor before you were the Bachelor.
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: So we had a couple of people slates, but no the one I wanted to bring up, and that's because she's not here to defend herself. Brittany Hockley heard you guys matched on Tinder. They have had a couple of chats. What happened there?
Speaker 4: I actually think it was hinge.
Speaker 5: I haven't watched a whole lot of Bachelor, but I did watch your season and then Honey Badger's season. I got around as well because I thought it was really funny and I tried to watch a few days. Anyway, I remember seeing Brittany on there and I was like, she's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you pick her? Or?
Speaker 5: You know, years later, I was in a relationship and then came out of a long term relationship. I've been single for a few years, and then you know, got on the apps as a lot of people did last year, and I think I matched with Brittany and I was like, oh, she's the chick from the Bachelor. Anyway, we were going to go on a date at a coffee day and I think she flaked me. From memory, I'm pretty sure she flaked me, I know outrage.
Speaker 2: Brit was pretty good at picking really crappy guys to date. This is going back last year. She's very happy in a relationship now, but any like normal, decent guy that came along she could find a good excuse not to go on that date. So maybe that, like that's like a tick in your corner or tick in your box.
Speaker 5: Well, obviously my dating app game wasn't too strong because I was still single up until well recently. Maybe I came across as boring. So I'll wait for an apology from Britt for flaking on me.
Speaker 2: She'll slide into your DMS. Can you tell us have you had a horrendous or terrible dating story that you can share.
Speaker 4: I've had one.
Speaker 5: It didn't eventuate to a date, but there was one particular girl who I can't remember how I met. I think it might have just been on Instagram. But I suggested that we go on a date, and I was like, cool, so and going into it first date, you know you're going to pay as a guy, and I've got no problem with that. But I think, like I wanted to suggest where we go, so I love Italian food, so I was like, let's go to like a little cozy Italian place, you know, I have a drink, have some dinner. And she wrote back and said, oh, what about this place and suggest to it and googled it literally the most expensive restaurant in Sydney. And then I was like, oh, and I don't really like fine dying anyway, but also this place was like hugely expensive.
Speaker 4: I think I would have been paying like six hundred bucks. God, and so I.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh, I just thought maybe Italian that first date, you know, like let's keep it kind of low key. And then she's like, what about this place and then suggested the second most expensive restaurant in Sydney, and I was just like, So I went to my I had a female roommate then, and I was like, Alisa, what's the go here? Like am I having a shaka here? Like should I be? Should I be going? And she was like no way, like she's just taking you for a ride. When I said suggested that the Italian place might be more appropriate, she said, well, don't you like good food? And I was like I do like good food, but you know, so in the end I just said to her, Hey, look, I think we might just give this miss sure, guys used to you might be used to guys like taking to these places and stuff, but you know, I just want to.
Speaker 4: Get to know someone.
Speaker 5: And even with my long term X, like we would go to those places on like special occasions, so I'm not going to take some random So anyway, it didn't eventuate in a date, and that's the rest of it.
Speaker 4: I called it off. Well.
Speaker 1: I thought being a captain, every first date would just be, hey, what do you want to come into my plane? That would be the suggestion that I would throw out every single time.
Speaker 4: You can't bring out all the big guns in the first day.
Speaker 2: See, I reckon. You probably had a photo of yourself on your Tinder profile of you as a pilot, and she was like, this guy's a baller. He's going to take me to a rest. But also I Matt and I were having this conversation earlier, so you kind of get lulled as the girl on the Bachelor, you get lulled into this false sense of lag fancy fancy dates. So yeah, like all of the stuff. Now fast forward four and a half years later, We've got two kids, a massive dog, we live in a two bedroom apartment. She got very, very real, but you get to still take your girls on dates like the dates that you would do on The Bachelor.
Speaker 4: True, I get.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, I mean, look, I'd love to take my girl flying when we're both announced and the finales over.
Speaker 4: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: But also, like I think some of the most low key days dates are isis Like, I mean, I'm curious you guys going through the process together. What was the first date that you went on after the whole theories?
Speaker 1: I think thinking back, it was as simple as going to your sister's place for lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean things are still pretty weird when the show first finishes and then you can be out in the world together. You almost don't want to be out in the world together because there's so many paps and there's just so like you feel like everyone's watching you. So for us, we kind of just spent so much time by ourselves, like in our own home, doing nothing like it was like and that for us was what we wanted.
Speaker 1: Because I think, yeah, do you remember, I mean, like the peak of interest with paparazzi is just after the show finishes. Now they won't even look twice at us. But I remember driving to your sisters.
Speaker 2: I could literally walk out of the house naked and no one would give a bus and they'd be like, that's a crazy person.
Speaker 4: Again crazy.
Speaker 1: But when it came to that date, we had like six cars. It was like a modicade of cars following us.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: So it's just, you know, doing anything low key is what's most exciting and appealing after the show.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's interesting, Yeah, because it's to be tough. You go through You're doing all.
Speaker 5: These amazing dates where you like, no date is off the cards. You're doing all these incredible things, and then all of a sudden like finishes and it say like, oh what do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Oh should we go to the park?
Speaker 2: Or I think it's actually a really nice adjustment, like you know you do, especially if that's not a world that you're used to, Like for me, being in that batch situation and like you know, going on the helicopters and having these really lavish experiences, that's not normal for me, and if anything, sometimes those things make me feel a bit uncomfortable. So it was I loved being able to come off the back of the show and just have the normal things and really give the normal relationship a go, but you guys aren't there yet because you would be. Well, I like that we've kind of skipped ahead one. I'm very happy that you're in love and that you've found someone and you chose someone. Yeah, me too, But you guys would currently be in a situation where you're not able to see each other, Like you can obviously text and stuff, but you can't be together right now.
Speaker 1: Actually, Jimmy, when it comes to her name in your phone, do you obviously you can't have a real name, because if that pops up, people will see it and it will give it away. Do you have a fake name that you're using at the moment.
Speaker 4: I've got a fake name.
Speaker 5: She's got a fake name that I referred to as but actually I had to change it. It was a fake female name, but it was someone May. Apparently it was too obvious. So now she's a male name in my phone. Some sending some really very lovey dovey messages to a male name.
Speaker 2: David has very sexy legs.
Speaker 4: Good to hear it, David, love her.
Speaker 1: Your dad is going to see your phone and there's going to be like Russ and the message is like I love you and miss you so much. Your dad's like line is going on.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, can you tell us did you apply for the show or did you get approached to do it?
Speaker 5: I was approached, So I had a message on Instagram one day from a talent scout and it just said, Hey, would you be interested in going on a dating show? I wrote back and said, it depends which one, because there's a lot of dating shows out there, and some of them I absolutely wouldn't go on. I had eight months off work last year, so I had a lot of time to think, and like, I had that really important of time to myself as well that you need after a long term relationship, where I needed to go off and travel by myself and do all those kup of things that are really important to do before you actually settle down and get married, you know, learn to live for learning mornings, waking up by yourself, all that kind of stuff like you want to It sounds weird, but I feel like I needed to learn to live with myself outside of a relationship before I got into the final relationship. So it came at a really good time. I'd had like enough time being single and doing my own thing, and yeah, I got the message and I was like, Okay, maybe this is like there's a sign here, so I'm just gonna roll with it and it probably won't work out.
Speaker 4: They probably pick someone else or whatever. One thing led to another and I got the gig.
Speaker 1: So what hoops did they make you jump through to get the role? Because I had about twelve interviews even though I've been on the Bachelorette. Oh really, how was your process of being interviewed?
Speaker 2: So he was like, though they wanted me.
Speaker 4: Problem they asked me to.
Speaker 5: So initially you do some like skype interviews and stuff like that with some of the talent people, and they were asking about your dating history, you know. I think they wanted to find out motivations all that kind of stuff. Once they realized that I was genuine, I guess, and then I actually do want to meet someone and maybe do it. A day in the life video of Jimmy. I just literally like filmed myself from waking up driving a Parmi where my parents live, going for a surf, a lot of like hero shirt off stuff. But I was just like, ah, this is like I can never show my mate's this video. And then a little bit of like some flying stuff as well, because I wanted to, you know, at that stage, I was like, actually I kind of want this, like this would be a really good opportunity. They get some amazing girls on the show, and I feel like if I do something, I do it like I put in one hundred percent effort with it. So I made this little video, very cringe worthy video, sent that in and then and then it just snowball. Then from getting the nod from the network, it was then trying to get time off work and Jetstar was great. It's good timing to ask for leave with everything that's going on, So they were really great and rest is history.
Speaker 1: So did you have sessions with a psychologist that broke down exactly what kind of person you're looking for?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I spoke extensively with a psychologist about just about like my mental I guess you have to do a psych they have to analyze me as well figure out where I'm at. And then I think it was a date producer about exactly what I was looking for in.
Speaker 4: A partner as well.
Speaker 3: What does your checklist look like?
Speaker 5: Good aviation pun there, Maddie, Well done my checklist. It's basically just like I just wanted someone first and foremost. I really want someone that's a nice person. Like a deal breaker for me is you know when you're like you're at dinner, you're go on a date with someone, You're at dinner, and someone's really rude to the way it all like they just think they're kind of above everyone else. I think it's just like such an unattractive trait. So for me, I was like, I just want a nice person. But okay, obviously you need the attraction of those type of things, but outside of the obvious, someone that I can have a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a laugh with.
Speaker 5: And I mean, look, even looking at your relationship, like you guys actually just take the piss.
Speaker 2: Out of each other and oh we hate each other. Yeah, it's great, perfect, we're just doing this for media. Still, we're just you know, the kids are just like I mean, it was just a bonus. The kids just happened by accident, both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just happy to have someone that I could do TikTok dances with.
Speaker 1: That's what When the psychologist was like, what are you looking for, and I was like, someone that can dance and likes TikTok.
Speaker 2: Things abspiral terribly out of control. We literally, like I said, we went from yachts to TikTok.
Speaker 5: Here we are well, never been happy on twenty twenty one. I think it's great that you can just take the piece out of each other. And that's what I want as well. It's really important. I think that, yeah, you want to marry someone that you're attracted to and all the rest of that kind of stuff. But some advice I was given by a guy who has been in some very unsuccessful marriages, a guy I fly with. He was like, mate, just marry your best mate because when you have kids and all the rest, he said, the romance kind of will fade a little bit up and down. You just want to be with your best mate. I think that's kind of what I was looking for.
Speaker 1: When you have two kids, the romance does tend to subside a little bit.
Speaker 2: Hey, you still drink it the well, you're fine, settle it down to tad just to look it does. And I think, like hearing that from someone who has had failed marriages, I think for us, like, the best thing is that we are such good friends and like even if there's weeks where you don't feel romantic, you're not like and it's bloody exhausted with two kids or any kids, you know, and relationships kind of run that roller coaster. But I completely agree. I don't think prior to this relationship I realized just how important that sentiment is. Now I'm very happy. Look how lucky we got on the show, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I'm a little bit annoyed, slash offended that you didn't reach out before filming started and asked for any advice from me.
Speaker 5: Outrageous, isn't it, they said to me. Obviously it's all confidential and everything. And I actually ran and so I was like, Okay, I'm just going to try and go into it and like do my own thing. But I did run into Tim Robards at the gym at Fitness First. So he was there, he was training, and that's where I trained every day. I hadn't seen him in there much, but I was like, I'd just been given the nod, and I was like, I don't know what I'm getting myself into here.
Speaker 4: So I went up and just asked him. I was like, I was gonna ask him face to face.
Speaker 5: So I was kind of freaked out that like someone would find me like messaging people or whatever. Because it was all with the NDA and everything, I thought, Okay, he's an opportunity to have a face to face chat with Tim. But actually, Maddie, I think we've got some mutual mates. And they were saying when they found out, they were like, oh, you should have asked Maddie, and I was like, yeah, I know. I just didn't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was scared of someone like reprimanding me or something like that. So yeah, I'm sorry. Can I ask for advice?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: It's okay, I completely understand.
Speaker 4: Can we be mate?
Speaker 1: Well, look, we'll see how the rest of this chat goes. When it came to filming, were there any big surprises or did it play out exactly like you would expect.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what to expect, so everything to me was a surprise going into it. You know, night one, where you're standing there on the red carpet and you know you're not used to the cameras, You've got these beautiful women walking towards you. I just didn't want to be too nervous, so I just would just slip up and not be able to be myself.
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to try and relax into it.
Speaker 5: It took me probably about three or four girls chats with about three or four girls before I felt like, okay, I can just kind of bim myself a little bit here.
Speaker 4: I think the chat at the start would have been horrendous, like.
Speaker 5: My responses to their questions the first few questions, like after a while, I kind of just forgot all the cameras are there. But I didn't really know what to expect going into it. I definitely had a few moments where I was just like, what is going on? Like, especially after you have a bit of like romantic time with someone and then I mean, you guys would remember this, and then they just sort of say, okay, thanks guys, and you suddenly realize that there's been like twenty people watching you pash another girl.
Speaker 1: Slash a couple of million people on TV as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, that too, So that's weird.
Speaker 2: What were the girls like? And can we expect to see some drama? I think the last couple of years, fighting and the drama in the house has been something that's definitely played a pretty big role in the show. So what can we expect in regards to that?
Speaker 4: So this year, the brief that they told me was that they wanted to tell a love story. They wanted to steer away from the drama.
Speaker 5: So you know what it's like, you guys finished the show and then you just chat everything about what happened and some of the stuff that I've found out since leaving, I'm like, what they said this or that happened?
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 5: So look, the important thing is for us, Like, I'm super happy and me and my partner girlfriend would have want to call it, we're super happy and like, so I'm really happy that it's worked out for us. So yes, it's a love story, which is great, but also there was a shit ton of drama as well that went down, which some of it I knew about and I was involved in, and some other stuff that I just had no idea. So yeah, I think it'll I'm really looking forward to watching it because I think I'm going to find out a lot of things that I never saw from the start.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you're looking forward to watching it, are there any episodes that you were banning your now partner from watching or are there anything that's gonna unfold where you're like, I reckon you should check out of this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, you're like all of it.
Speaker 4: Great question.
Speaker 5: Look, so I didn't realize that that you know, it's like you're on a date and that's like one day of filming. But I didn't realize that they might show. For instance, apparently in one of the episodes, I think I kissed three people. So for me, it's not like you're kissing three people in one day. But I was like, oh yeah, I was like, maybe just like.
Speaker 4: Watch something else, Olympics or something that for that one just kind of just read a book.
Speaker 3: Three people could be a record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jimmy had his Olympics going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't want to go in there and just like and just kiss everyone, because you know, you need to suss out if there is that physical connection. So you know, of course there was a little bit of kissing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think it's going to be weird seeing myself kiss on national television and also weird for my probably even more weird for my partner seeing me kiss the other girls.
Speaker 2: But now, I know you haven't asked for my advice, but I'm going to give it anyway because you're on my podcast. But the thing that I think with Matt and I so many people ask that question. So many people ask me if I was jealous watching the show back or how I felt watching it back. And of course there are some episodes where you feel a little bit like, oh, I don't like that. That makes me feel lucky, like you know, the person I love is kissing someone else. But the thing that really sort of galvanized us and I guess made me feel really confident in every episode I watched. The whole thing I didn't miss an episode was the fact that there was nothing that came as a surprise to me, Like Matt had sat me down and told me every single thing in detail, and it made me really feel included, and it made me really feel like he respected and cared about the way I felt, and that even if it was an uncomfortable conversation, to have that uncomfortable conversation was more important than hoping something wasn't shown on TV. Yeah, that's my recommendation is sit down and just be super honest, and then almost you have to draw a line in the sand and say, our relationships started the day that you chose to be in a relationship with me, and we both kind of walked away from that whole situation because it really it does kind of start again from day one.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, yeah, so I'm just going to write some notes here. That's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's great advice. And do you know what we've actually had on our first rendezvous that we had together. So for those of people that don't know what the rendezvous is, it's when you get taken off in secret to hang out with each other. So on our first one, we sat down over a boller red and just I think it's great that I can be I'm just so open and honest with her, and I've never had to keep anything from her, and probably some things I've told her just about just anything like history of Jimmy or all that kind of stuff, maybe she wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Want to hear.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, well, I don't want to start this relationship, which will hopefully be my last relationship on like lies and for.
Speaker 4: Me to feel like that.
Speaker 5: I don't want other people to say anything around her, whether it's my mates or any of that. So I sat her down and I was like, let's talk about every single thing that happened. Ask me any question you want, and I'll give you my honest explanation of exactly what was going on. So I feel like the hard work for us is actually done.
Speaker 4: We pass that now.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you're at a point right now where there are so many skeletons that are coming out from the closet. I remember one of the most wildest rumors that was made up about me was a painally I had a secret male lover over in person, and I remember the guys at Channel ten were like, hey, you can tell us, be honest, are you dating a guy in Perth? And I was like, I'm there's no truth to that at all, and they were like, okay, sure, And it was just one after the other of these wild rumors that come.
Speaker 2: Out to be fair. Though, that gentleman who started that rumor still continued to email us until about a year ago. Really, we would get random emails from a guy who was completely in love with Matt. This is a whole other story, but so Matt had like a die hard and I don't even know if you call it a fan. He was convinced that they had had a romantic relationship and he was really upset with me that I had stopped their relationship from happening. So who knows there could be some truth to wow.
Speaker 5: So was it quite hard Mattie to not give into the temptation to maybe just like send him a couple of nudes to get a bit of cash money.
Speaker 2: Well, times of tough. We've got two kids now making two top videos.
Speaker 1: Except now I look at some of the and I've seen you with your shirt off, and I'm like, surely that's going to be enough to try and draw him away from me towards you when it comes to those dates. What percentage were you topless?
Speaker 5: Look, I didn't want to come across as a wanker on the last thing I want to do is come across as a wanker on the show.
Speaker 4: And so I get it, like even on the first night, you'll see me take my top off. Yes, And I was just like oh, And for a split second.
Speaker 5: Of me, it was like one of the girls asked me to do something and you'll see how it all pans out. But a split second I was like, Nah, I'm not doing it. My mates are just going to cringe and I'm going to cop so much shit for this, And I was like, oh, I'm already here, Like let's just I'm all in. So the lid comes off a fair bit.
Speaker 3: Absolutely nothing wrong with that kid.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just like, whatever you dip the towe in, I may as well go all in. So I'm preparing myself for my mates to hang a lot of shit on me. That's all right, It's all part of it.
Speaker 2: What was the hardest part of filming?
Speaker 5: I actually I'm used to doing the big day thing, like you know, from work. I'm used to working hard, so that it was all fine. I think the hardest part for me was the Rose ceremonies because got everyone standing there for a long period of time, and it's pretty brutal sending people home, even at the start, even if you haven't really formed like strong connections with some of the girls that you still like. People are putting their lives on hold to come on the show and hopefully meet someone, and they're like they've already gone way out of the comfort zone and saying things and talking about their emotions and feelings, and it's brutal, like sending people home, and they just got harder and harder.
Speaker 4: So that was my least favorite part about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I know that you probably can't answer this question properly, but do your best I'm like worried if I'm going to get in trouble from publicity on this one. I think, like exactly what you said, It gets harder and harder as the show goes on, you know, like because even if you're not in love with someone, you care about them. You know, you care about their feelings. You don't want to hurt someone's feelings either. And each week that it progresses, the greater that relationship or that connection has been formed with that person. So I think towards the end, and especially I know with Matt, like saying goodbye to number three and number two Elise and Tara was so hard for him, and watching that back think was probably the hardest thing for me as well, was watching how upset he was saying goodbye to other people. Did you know early on that the girl that you were with now was the girl or was it really something that when you got to the end you had to make a decision.
Speaker 5: Some of the advice that Tim robots when I chad z him in the gym, in the gym that he gave he was he said, it's really difficult trying to date twenty three women at the same time, he said and it's quite difficult to figure out from the very beginning. It can be like drinking water through a via hose. He's just like, take it day by day, and at the very start, just think about who perhaps you don't see any connection with, or you don't see any future with. So he said, almost like as kind of rough as it sounds like, treated as a process of elimination, just like each week, don't focus on exactly who you want to end up with trying it just helps you deal with it all at the start.
Speaker 4: So I used that. So I remember the first episode, it was full on, everything was happening.
Speaker 5: I definitely the girl I'm with now, I of course noticed her and I was like, Wow, she's stunning, But for us it was definitely. It progressed a little bit later for us it wasn't. I don't know if it was you'd say love at first sight, because I think obviously it was like, I think she's amazing and lust at first sight. But it wasn't until I actually got to know her that I realized, yeah, okay, we're onto something here. And then that just grew stronger and stronger, and actually since filmings, since we stopped filming, like that's the real test, right when you're the cameras are off and you're spending that time together and our I would say, our relationship is now like at a whole another level as well. So yeah, which is a positive sign for us.
Speaker 1: I keep thinking to this chat you had with Tim at the gym, and if there's anybody else next to you, guys on the treadmill, going.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what are these guys talking about?
Speaker 4: They're getting deep, can real deep? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was kind of strange going up to him and I was like, oh, h s, sorry interrupt your workout that you're clearly headphones on everything. But I got that gig you did like a couple of years ago, and he's like, which one, And I'm like, on the neighbor's one.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was a bit weird, but it was good advice.
Speaker 3: So Jimmy, just confirming you are in love right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Is this the first time you've been in love or is this something you've experienced before in your dating life.
Speaker 4: I have experienced this before.
Speaker 5: I've been into long term relationships, so I guess this will be the third time in love. The whole drop in the olbomb stuff. I take that that really seriously, and I wanted to not say anything that I didn't mean. I have dropped the album. And it's actually quite scary that you can meet someone on a TV show and for it to go so well, like yeah, it's as I said, for us after the show as well, we're super super.
Speaker 2: Happy you're preaching to the choir. I mean, I think for us and especially for me, like I never expected. I think I hoped, and I was like really excited about the experience, you know, but I never really expected that I would be able to fall in love with someone on a TV show, that I would meet the guy that is the father of my children on a TV show. And the crazy thing for me is that, like it wasn't until I was in that environment that I actually met Matt and I thought, I was like, holy shit, I'm in trouble, Like this is actually real and this is happening. And now when I meet people who either doubt it or think it's all fake or you know, they question kind of like, oh, how could you possibly do that, I'm like, I'm the converted, Like I know, I thought the same thing. I guess that that's one of the reasons why Matt and I are still so invested in the show because we genuinely know how much it changes people's lives and that without it we would probably I mean, we may have met with Live in Bondy, but we probably would not have gotten together because the show gives you a very unusual environment to get to know someone. A lot of people don't or a lot of people assume otherwise, like you're not having sex on the show, Like there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of are you Jimmy, No, there was absolutely none of that. No, many days without that. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: It changes, It changes things, you know. It gives you like three months to really get to know someone without all of the other distractions that you have in a normal day to day and out in the real world, which kind of leads me into my next question. Why do you think you had hadn't found the person or the one in the real world.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think definitely when it comes to my past relationship, I had two amazing relationships, and I cannot fault both of the girls, but my last girlfriend, particularly as we were older, and she was exactly everything that I was looking for in a partner. But the thing for me was that I had this realization that this is leading towards marriage, and I don't want to marry someone and then get cold feet after you have kids and stuff like that. I wanted to make sure that I had that time myself to do my own thing, and so I was truly ready that I could just be comfortable in relationship and be happy and live the happier after.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't say that it didn't work out.
Speaker 5: But in the last couple of years since meeting people and dating, I think the problem with modern day dating is and with the apps and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: And this is something I realized when I was in the house, is you don't have Instagram.
Speaker 5: You can't stalk someone, you can't speak to their mates, you can't speak to your mates and find out, you know, what their reputation's like. You've got none of that. So it's like none of that peripheral stuff is there. It's literally just like raw. You have to take everything that person says as gospel and you form those connections based on just chatting. So it maybe realize that like you get on the dating apps, you're swiping left and right constantly, you're just looking at people's like what they look like on.
Speaker 4: Their profile picture.
Speaker 5: Before you go on a date with them, you've already stalked them. So it made me realize that actually, like maybe I got too caught up in that. Maybe everyone gets too caught up in that when they date. I think stripping it all back to the raw, like two people meeting it just worked for us, and it's it's weird, but it.
Speaker 3: Has I think.
Speaker 1: You know, people always say, what's it like when you have to date twenty plus women? It must be so full on having so much to choose from, And it's actually I think it's the reverse. I think a normal life you have too much choice when it comes to apps, you have such a high churn, like you know, in a matter of seconds you can get another match, another match, another match, and it actually it's such a unique environment where all of that is taken away from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You focus on the people that are in front of you, and you're not constantly I feel like maybe people are always looking something better and better and better, and they're only going off face value.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think you're right, but it's weird.
Speaker 5: Dating twenty three women at the same time is like you know, and I say this to my partner hours, like the whole time you were thinking about one guy, well hopefully about one guy, and then like, you know, but the whole time, I'm trying to think about twenty three women and trying to navigate all of that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it's a learning curve.
Speaker 3: So what does the future look like for you now?
Speaker 1: Have you got a bit of a roadmap of when you want to have those milestone moments like getting married and having kids.
Speaker 5: For me, back to normal life, get back to work, and then yeah, when it comes to kids and all that kind of stuff. Like I'm thirty two this year, so I feel like when you meet people when you're a bit older, you kind of, I don't know, you don't have to wait the typical time period that you probably would earlier on. So if it feels right, marriage in the next couple of years, and then I'd like to have kids within the next.
Speaker 4: I don't know, three to five years. I'm not getting any youngest.
Speaker 5: And I feel like it's really nice and knowing how like I feel really really certain about this girl, and actually I'm really really positive about us in the future as well. My shit, we're going to be like another statistic of the Batch franchise, which.
Speaker 4: Is great, but you kind of wouldn't think it would happen going into it.
Speaker 2: This makes me so happy, like I just have all the warm I've got all the warm fuzzies. Guys.
Speaker 1: The other question I want to ask is can we go flying Laura and myself with you sometime soon when we're allowed to be in a confined space without risk of COVID.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll say it here first, I promise you I'll take you guys flying, and you can come. We can do like a double day. How does that sound.
Speaker 2: Matt's just upset that you didn't call him and you went to Tim Robarts.
Speaker 3: Because I go to that same gym.
Speaker 4: I've never seen him there.
Speaker 1: I actually saw you guys having the conversation, and I was like, that son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Feeding me again.
Speaker 5: It probably would have made sense to contact you, Maddie, because you know a couple of my mates and they had said that they know you and you're really approachable and stuff. But I was petrified of having any evidence that the show would come down to me, so I had to do it face to face.
Speaker 2: So we did do something a bit naughty. No one knows this. Don't do this, Jimmy. But Matt and I very sneakily once met up outside of the rendezvous that were organized with Channel ten, and it was very naughty. But it was well before the show had started airing, and it was well before there was any media attention around us. We went to you booke abb this is how stealth we had to be. We booked an airbnb in the middle of nowhere. I went there twenty four hours before Matt came, and I went and I really under the cloak of darkness with a hoodie on that I stayed inside the whole time. And then Matt came the day later, and then he left the next day, and then I left twenty four hours after him. Like we we full on went stealth mode.
Speaker 1: I remember being so petrified that there was someone in the bushes taking a photo and it would just be the undoing of the show. You know, everybody works so hard you don't want to spoil it for the viewer.
Speaker 3: And Laura was like, just come and see me, come and see me. I'll be there.
Speaker 5: Mind, you probably could have had the exact same thing with the network paying for it. If you had to just ask them for another rodov But anyway, look, that's that's cute.
Speaker 4: You did it yourself so totally tally.
Speaker 3: Although they were like, we can do it in a week and Laura is like, I need it, I need it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I absolutely do not recommend this. The amount of anxiety that we had to live with because of that, it was not worth. It was not worth a twenty four hour rendezvous.
Speaker 1: Actually, I do want to ask, Jimmy, you look like somebody who can keep a secret at the moment within your circle of family and friends.
Speaker 3: Who knows the result?
Speaker 4: Well, my family all came on the show.
Speaker 5: They'll feature quite heavily, so my immediate family know, and then a couple of my best mates know.
Speaker 4: And that's it.
Speaker 2: That's a few people.
Speaker 4: What have you done, Jimmy, You brew on the show. They're rock solid.
Speaker 5: They're sworn to secrecy because also because they kind of featured on the show as well. So guys, generally, if my mates from school and stuff ask me, all they care about is they just.
Speaker 4: Want to punt on it. So they're like, who's pick sports? Bet?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't care who it is. I might want to watch it, but yeah, can you tell me who it is so I can get some money. So I'm keeping your mother to see it.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, thank you so much for making time for coming on the podcast. We fucking love the Bachelor here. I mean, it's no surprises there, but it's so great to meet you and to be able to have this little insight into who you are before the show actually starts. And for everybody who's listening, the show does start next week on Wednesday, which is the twenty first of July, and that is when we can see Jimmy falling in love and hopefully he's another disgustingly beautiful statistics from the Bachelor family.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, love the chat.
Speaker 3: Thanks Jimmy go away.
Speaker 2: If you guys have been listening to the podcast over the last couple of weeks, you will know that Britt and I are currently supposed to be on break We're not. That's why Matt is Hugh filling in with his time to shine. We just want to say a very big thank you to Starbucks at Home for making this episode happen, and we will have some episodes out for you next week. We are going to be revisiting our favorite episodes from the archive. Whilst we have another week off on this beautiful break of ours you locked down in Sydney.
Speaker 1: You could include maybe the other episodes that I was co hosting, just as an idea.
Speaker 2: Are they your favorite?
Speaker 3: Well, they're the only ones.
Speaker 1: That I live to.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you really think? Anyway, Guys, you know the drill. If you haven't followed us on Instagram, we're at Life Uncut Podcast. You can jump into the Facebook page as well, which is Life Uncut Discussion Group. That's where all the saucy, juicy, meaty stuff goes down. And if you want to send us a question for asking cut or for accidentally I'm filtered, slid on into our dms there as well.
Speaker 3: Well I come back? Or am I done?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: How many my episodes will I be?
Speaker 2: And do you keep asking me to pay you every time you do an episode?
Speaker 3: I work hard, I should be paid accordingly.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Guys, tell your mom, tell your dad, tell your friends, tell your dog and your cat, and your neighbor and just everyone. Just spread the good old Life Uncut word and share the love because we love love.
Speaker 5: Baba Baba by Komba Baya
Speaker 3: Ba