Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Showtime You've sold out?
Speaker 4: She wants a had a hole cake and hid the evidence.
Speaker 1: Oh here, I just found myself and you missus, are.
Speaker 2: Over to the Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show one two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: Nine Christian O'Connell's show I Can reach tell Today is going to be a really great show. Already, Jack and I'm Ria in the studio. What's the songs on? Talking about mulberry bushes and lemons and all right? I could just take the temperature here and go. It is sizzling. If anything, call it down.
Speaker 1: Guys, we're going to fleam out and buy eight.
Speaker 4: A reason for everyone to keep listening today. Do I have a Mulbury found for you?
Speaker 1: You go, my girl. We're going to get into it.
Speaker 5: And this is what the world needs right now is some heart take on today's show about mulberry bushes and Mulbery's themselves.
Speaker 4: I've got other exciting news. Yesterday on the show, I said I thought my life was planning a surprise party for me, because I talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of talk in my house.
Speaker 5: My daughter had seen the Instagram clip and she was like, oh, you be upset that Biancas nasked you to come to Jackson Brian's party and I went, yeah a lot bit yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: She caved and she told me what the surprise is. It's not a party. It's so good, so seen you this year. It is two days of golf and a stay in Dalsford on Friday night. So we're going to play for two different regional golf courses over the forty eight hour We go tomorrow, we let you leave tomorrow afternoon. We'll play Strength and Golf Course, then stay overnight in Dalesford and then play Hepburn Golf Course Sunday morning. Not you and the boys, No, me and Bianker. Yeah beautiful the way.
Speaker 1: That Patsy had to check because even tho I was like, your wife is coming.
Speaker 4: It's just being beause your wife.
Speaker 5: Is an angel and so but this is risky.
Speaker 1: What happens if you have a bad game tomorrow? No, you haven't thought about that.
Speaker 5: I already can you choke on eighteen holes tomorrow? And sudden it's a very silent dinner and Banchor's going maybe I head home.
Speaker 1: And you come back Sunday when you've licked your wounds. I already when she smashes you.
Speaker 4: She will. She's a better golf for the She's like a junior golf championship winner.
Speaker 1: Do you think she gives you few tomorrow?
Speaker 4: No, No, she will.
Speaker 1: Sudden it's a few more shanks. Not going so well on my birthday weekend.
Speaker 4: Well, if she's hearing this, no, I'll be happy to just play with her and watch her brilliance. I'll learn something from her.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't buy anything but this this, so you'll relieve. No, No, it's not and.
Speaker 4: It's not a surprise party. We're not hosting people at the house. It's not going late into Friday night.
Speaker 1: Nocause half seven seven forty seven pm or anything like that. We can't have any of that. Even on that.
Speaker 5: Golf tripanchor, it's almost six o'clock having that second drink right now.
Speaker 4: We do have an early tea time next morning, so get your rest.
Speaker 5: So do you think that she was planning a surprise birthday party and then sort of read the room a bit like, okay, golf trip.
Speaker 4: No, the golf trip was planned, And now I feel a bit bad.
Speaker 1: For her for.
Speaker 4: Forcing her hand because she pretty much had to tell.
Speaker 1: You on the radio and she had no choice.
Speaker 4: But then I would have spent the next two days worrying about this friend.
Speaker 5: Study noticed that worrying about friends coming around. Hang on this on parked outside. It's not one of my best friends from childhood.
Speaker 1: There's all of them, all the people I care about here. What you done, be anger?
Speaker 4: I mean we would obviously we still would have had fun at the party, but business even better for everybody.
Speaker 2: But Christian connall's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. This coming Monday, it's my daughter's last exam.
Speaker 1: She year twelve. She's in the exam. So I'm now doing all the vcs.
Speaker 5: This Monday it was psychology, and so over the last couple of weeks I'm doing a lot of the flash card revision. There are no physical flash cards now, it's a laptop. You click it one way, if they know it, you click it another way, and it goes into the stool to learn. At the end, you get a percentage yesterday one hundred and seventeen of these flashcards.
Speaker 4: Wow, yes, yeah, yeah, Hey, you're just clicking a button left or right, she's the one who has to know Jack.
Speaker 1: It's it's law, it's legal. Some of these words.
Speaker 5: I was like stumbling and mumbling precedents, precedents, upper house, lower house, it's legal stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, It's so out of my wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: So the last two exams, I've been doing the bulk of the flash cards right English, and then we got into psychology. Okay, And now now i've sadly yesterday I've been I was just say, it's actually brutal. What happened yesterday happen in America. I've been benched, sad it's the rise of She's back again. Sarah's back is doing legal now. Because for me, I don't get too caught up whether.
Speaker 1: Everything Lois is saying is one hundred percent. I'm seeing the answers.
Speaker 5: I think if it's above a threshold of seventy percent, this is good enough for an eight. All right, okay, so I go, yeah, move on. It's like a game show to me that running out time next, because I'm thinking one hundred and thirteen of these, if each one is going to take a minute, I'm here two hours. So we're going to pick up the pace a bit.
Speaker 4: But with legal and contracts. There's so much wiggle room in there, trying to make them a.
Speaker 1: One thing we can all agree about. Law, it's mainly gray area.
Speaker 5: Nothing is written down, nothing has to be exactly the letter of the law. In fact, that's not even a phrase. Is that the letter of the law. So yesterday we go through a lot of some'm like yeah, you know, moving on to next one, and then my wife comes back. She goes, oh my god, Love, I'm so sorry. I wasn't here to do flash cards? Did your dad have to do it? And I'm by the way I said, I am here. I'm next to Lois. I can hear all of this, and Lois goes, Mum, you to step in. Dad is too much of a yes man.
Speaker 1: On this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seventeen, you are going to get one thousand percent, Young.
Speaker 2: Lady and The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show anything we ever talk about on the show, And we're still yet to get into the Mulberry Bush chat, but that's coming up later on rest Assured Show fans and Quality Content fans and Mister Beast fans, please like and subscribe all our videos.
Speaker 1: We call it Late La Party.
Speaker 5: You can always chip in about anything you've heard us talking about, even if you go back to the old podcast for the show late we called it Lake Sila Party. Late s La Party literally is are subjects of the first email from Holly visa Late Late, Late, Late Late to the party brackets six years late. Oh wow, Hi Christian, Jack and Patsy just discover the show, and so I thought I'd go back and listen to show one six.
Speaker 1: And a half years ago.
Speaker 5: Wow, we well done, and I want to share a few of my highlights on the first year that you were on air.
Speaker 1: Phrase that pays I literally don't remember that.
Speaker 4: Oh that was Yes. That was when Hamish McLaughlin was our football correspondent and we gave him a phrase that he had to work into the commentary.
Speaker 5: Live commentary in seven Now, having been here a little bit longer, understand I can understand why.
Speaker 1: People got upset by that.
Speaker 5: Obviously, people care about foot and they don't want to hear Hamish bless him having to say ping my band with various and the monkeys are coming and funny, we let's get some of the audios some of these and playing in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: Actually because he did. He was a great sport.
Speaker 4: I remember by the end of the year we were biddle with him because he didn't do the Grand Final.
Speaker 5: One Now in anyone, why would he? He's a thoroughly probably one of the most pro pros around, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Grand Final? Good fun?
Speaker 5: But that was really good fun the Grands kicking balls ahead of the Grand Final. One last stream, hoghly download smile. Remember the winning song from back Bangalo as well Bungalow? Do you remember one stream of.
Speaker 1: The band playing at one entry day mansions?
Speaker 4: They were so good, all good. I'm going to take up that album.
Speaker 1: Again Facebook Marketplace. Price is right.
Speaker 3: I used to love that shame.
Speaker 1: Can we bring that back?
Speaker 3: Can we please?
Speaker 5: One of my favorite ones was a mobile crematorium ourself right, Christian when you first made it to number one in Melbourne, But it was for the nine till ten hour of the show.
Speaker 1: In radio.
Speaker 5: I'd always try and crunch and find good numbers amongst bad numbers, And the first number one we got was that we were number one from nine am.
Speaker 1: Every other record show would ended.
Speaker 5: But nine till ten am. Wow, we we will rocking it, I say to vocals, and then Christian. I remember every day you used to get so annoyed that you could never find any actual excited winner. And it wasn't until show number one hundred and twenty two you said, finally an appropriately excited winner. I'm still looking for some of them. Sometimes when you hear you'll hear us.
Speaker 1: A lot ago. Hey, you've got a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that on this day mystery.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. Don't judge me, But do you what was how did that? What was that?
Speaker 6: That was when you I can't remember any spec Actually I do remember. Example, there was you would have like a confession about yourself. So there was one guy from work who Jack actually got upset about this.
Speaker 4: He said, don't judge me, but.
Speaker 1: The one about the left to lift. I don't know. Let's move on. I remember trip.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 5: Think about that golf trip, the mystery there and power banded Friday.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Holly wish I haven't gotten too that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kicked the lift doors closed when he saw me coming in the morning, so he didn't have to ride the arpader with me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sure you remember it wrong. Move on, party, Let's move on.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys, my late little party Jack, come on, come back from.
Speaker 1: The dark sign not today of all days.
Speaker 5: Morning guys, my lengtheler Party is a long lasting, continuous streak of playing Solitaire on my iPhone every day since two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's.
Speaker 1: The longest streak I've ever heard of two thousand and one.
Speaker 5: I have played at least one game every day since two thousand and one, whilst sitting on the toilet.
Speaker 1: Christian? Is that two streaks?
Speaker 5: One playing Solitaire, the one was playing on the toilet sitting Andrew, you've got into a new game that someone recommends, squared or Yes.
Speaker 4: When we were talking about streaks last week, they someone texted and said squared all. So I brought it up. I wish I didn't, because now I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's sort of like word ll but everything you can go instead of going straight across, you can go every which way, diagonaled down. You should try it, but I warn.
Speaker 1: You, But again, is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Is it words?
Speaker 4: You're trying to guess words you're trying to guess.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they can be diagonal, vertical, yes.
Speaker 4: And they they can be yes, they can go backwards, yep, you can. Any direction is acceptable, except you can't jump a ladder.
Speaker 1: Right. But I have never getting the many things that I could lean into.
Speaker 4: How did I got?
Speaker 1: Is like, I'm not even going to google it? You know, I'm interestedn't wear that restaurant.
Speaker 4: Is over the weekend. I was so addicted to it that it's like word or where they only give you one game per day and you've got to wait till the time changes of the rotter.
Speaker 1: I Christmas Day comes again tomorrow for us, and.
Speaker 4: That I googled the time difference between US and America, so I knew what time the game would refresh. And then I got even more excited when I opened my laptop and saw that I left Friday's game there unplayed.
Speaker 5: Time Christmas Eve twice in One Day World dot com. Uh, this email comes from Jane. We're talking about hitchhikers on the show.
Speaker 1: Recently.
Speaker 5: One Holidays, my mom and dad headed off in the car for a family holiday. We're only about an hour into the trip and it was a nine hour trip. We spotted a hitchhiker. My dad stopped and picked him up and made my mom sit in the back and the guy up front, who whispered to my mum.
Speaker 1: So he so he can't stab me in the back.
Speaker 5: We we carried on another eight hours with this strange who appeared to be quite trunk. We picked him up and then just fell asleep. My dad wouldn't let him come into a hotel. We had books on the way. He had to sleep in the car. The next morning we completed the trip, made it to Hearth to Perth, sorry, and we dropped this this hitchhike of at his parents' place in City Beach in a really flashed triple story.
Speaker 1: Were said his own mom and dad lived. The guy thanked my dad and then said, did one of those power moves. Here's a little something for the for the fuel. Hand him on one.
Speaker 5: Do what's that like three hundred meters these days of fr prices. Normally when someone does that, you go wait untill they've gone, and then you go like, oh, one buck going to Christian Jack and Batsy your sistant just showed it the morning and Patsy mentioned about mint chocolate thins. Later on that week, I walked into Audi. One of the first things in that Middle Lisle is. They've got a whole load of mint chocolate Thince. I got a whole load of these emails. They are still available. Worry that they know what around anymore? All right, As always, whenever you want to chip in with anything you hear us talking about on the show, you can email me late to the party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 5: You off to Ladies Day today, Patsy, No, I'm not drinking all.
Speaker 3: Day power drinking.
Speaker 4: No, you haven't seen you down at the page in photos.
Speaker 1: She was at some Langham affair. I noticed.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell here, right They nice to.
Speaker 1: Come along Jack's birthday week.
Speaker 3: Well it's mainly ladies.
Speaker 1: Well we're pro ladies, the Sinker Ladies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do it every year. It's beautiful, beautiful, beautiful on a Friday before the Derby Day was very nice.
Speaker 4: So Chris doesn't even go no.
Speaker 3: No, no, just for mummy that day.
Speaker 1: You've been on Ladies Day though you've been to.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Oaks Day. Really, yeah, I thought you would right in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: Show a lady mosh pit.
Speaker 4: Carnage.
Speaker 1: It is the six o'clock tonight, just carnage.
Speaker 3: Now the fashion out there today will be women spend thousands. They'll look sensational.
Speaker 1: And now, Patsy, you've got a parking problem.
Speaker 3: I have got a parking problem, and I'm hoping boys that you can help me with it. I was parked parallel yesterday doing some errands and I did not feed the meter because I was ducking into the shop, which I parked right out in front of. And I thought, you know what, of.
Speaker 1: Course, just if you're new to the show, when Patsy says running.
Speaker 5: Errands that were parked outside the shop, yeah, shotgun on the laft.
Speaker 1: Case in case the police show up, still smoking from a previous hit. But yeah, okay, doing some errands and.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know what, I'm not going to feed the meter. I'm literally going to be two minutes. So when I got back in the car, I was checking my phone and I saw the Gray Ghost, the parking inspector. They call them the gray Ghost. Yeah, because their uniforms.
Speaker 1: Great, you haven't heard of it.
Speaker 7: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 5: But it's a lot of this right, just sort of impress me. And that's what you don't know about this strange because you're fauner.
Speaker 1: But here in our land we call them the great ghosts. And I look around the team and everyone else is like, du no idea, the great.
Speaker 4: Ghost Oh, yes, they're the great I thought they wore high veers.
Speaker 1: Do they?
Speaker 3: Maybe they've changed out my way there they're a gray uniform. We call them the gray ghosts. Anyway, I could see him walking and I thought, oh, I don't have any change. I couldn't be bother getting out and feeding the.
Speaker 1: Spirit, isn't it? If any way, we could all be like that.
Speaker 5: Evidences can't park anywhere ewhereancys or lorries can't do their essential business.
Speaker 3: But I was wondering, can they book you if you're sitting in the car if you haven't if you if you haven't feed your meal?
Speaker 1: I would guess yes.
Speaker 4: Confrontational though you have to look them in the and then you'll be knocking on the windscreen going hello, I'm right, yeah.
Speaker 5: You think anyone's really played that all the way through, even if their car is getting winched up until it away they're in the back like I'm not moving, Then you're coming for a ride or the back.
Speaker 3: But I'm just what I guess they can because it's you have infringement. Yeah, you haven't fed your meter anyway. So I got scared and I drove off.
Speaker 1: I think you have what It was still filling in the admin.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he wasn't about to book me, but I could see him. It was like three cars away, and I thought, I either have to get out and pay the meter.
Speaker 4: I want you to stay just for the curiosity of the question of us. Would you have booked you if you were sitting there in the front seat.
Speaker 5: Well, let's find out that must have happened to Peo. But nine four one four one oh four three you ever seen the Greek.
Speaker 2: Ghost The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, two questions right now? You ever heard of parking attendance as Greg ghosts corner, Patsy, you all call them grey ghosts. Patsy was in the car yesterday and wants to know. Then, Patsy, the question today about your parking concern.
Speaker 3: Is can you be booked for a parking infringement if you're sitting in the car but haven't fed you meter or it's run out.
Speaker 1: Christian Gello.
Speaker 5: This my wife got but while sitting in the car breastfeeding our daughter, the meter ran out. That pretty average from the ticket inspector. Also never ever heard of them referred.
Speaker 1: To as great This is news to me, Christian news to me.
Speaker 4: Now, I never got Remember I tried to appeal one that I got for having the flat tire.
Speaker 1: What happened? What did he get back to you?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: They got back to me.
Speaker 1: I just said no.
Speaker 4: They said no, we've seen no evidence that you had a flat tire. And then I sent them like, we're taking it to the mechanics and the replacement, and then they're like nah, and then they get to write like and we feel there's no further that needs to be had on this matter.
Speaker 1: Chris is on the line. Good morning, Chris, Good morning. So Chris. First of all, then you ever heard them called great ghosts? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, Yeah, that's a pretty common one. Sorry, sorry to dampen you there, but yeah, that's that. They've always been known as the gray ghosts or gotta ghosts or whatever because they seem to be able to just pop up and then disappear. You'll get a ticket without even noticing it and then you look around and there's nobody.
Speaker 5: All right, so and hearing about what's your take on what's happened to Patsy then in a question about can you be find in the car?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So there was some policy changes a while ago. Down on Tuak Road, I think it would have been Donnington in Melbourne. There was, unfortunately a fellow that had passed away in the driver's seat of his car. He obviously parked up and then maybe felt unwell or whatever and had a snooze and didn't didn't wake up, and he got a ticket put on his car while he was in the seat, obviously deceased, and that came under investigation later and they had to make.
Speaker 1: Some fine because he could have been there.
Speaker 5: He's still you're going to do a chat in the big house.
Speaker 1: This guy, he's been parts of it for years.
Speaker 9: So I think they I think I had to make some policy changes for that.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 9: I've had the experience I've been parked sitting in my car a little over the time of the spot and the guy has actually come up and knocked on the window and said you have to move. And I was eating my lunch at the time, and I said I'll just finish my lunch and he said, no, you have to move now. I'm booking you so.
Speaker 1: Picnic at the moment. Haven't got to my means having you open this? Why how dag Greg goes? Has I caught you?
Speaker 3: At least you gave me the chance to move and didn't just like instantly find you a guess?
Speaker 9: No, that's right, No, that's it's a look, it's not a not a bad system. They up a bit of an unfair wrap. I think a lot of the phrase I don't think that's a name they enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Chris, thank you very much. You killed me. Have a good day.
Speaker 9: You're welcome. Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian on Show.
Speaker 5: If you need any reminding about the pedigree and the class of Ronan Keating. In the nineties, it was in one of the biggest boy bands in the world, Boyzone, huge all over the world. They sold back when there were records twenty six million songs around the world, and then goes on to having an even a bigger solo career, selling some of like twenty seven million.
Speaker 1: Records around the world.
Speaker 5: You might remember some of them when you say nothing at all, which is in the movie notting Hill number one in seven different countries, and we just played life is a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Ronan, lovely to see you.
Speaker 5: You and I used to work in the same building, so Ronan and I were rivals.
Speaker 1: On Breakfish Radio. We were listen to this us we were we were no.
Speaker 7: Not really, I was learning from you.
Speaker 10: I mean, look, I came in as the new boy, and I remember you had the big show.
Speaker 1: So you finished this year?
Speaker 10: Yeah, finished it, finished it and I walked out ended June, I think our end of July.
Speaker 1: And did you enjoy it?
Speaker 7: I did? I loved it.
Speaker 10: It is as you know, it ages you know, really started to grade on me. And all the things that I missed out on is because I was going home and getting to bed earlier.
Speaker 5: The kids are putting you to bed. I know, they're going dan to light where they thinking dance a light way at seven o'clock, you see, alcoholic.
Speaker 7: That's what some of the people on the Sholves would do. They've got to bed seven or eight o'clock at there.
Speaker 10: I said, what's it's only when you start to get a bit of time then before the kids to bed, and you get to sit down and watch a box set or whatever the hell you set?
Speaker 1: What you've got? DVD? Exactly? TV series you're gonna watch? Where? Just watch a DVD or police academy.
Speaker 5: Oh now you're talking, now tell me this. We had a look on chat GPT right tip t in roading? You ever put yourself into chat ChiPT?
Speaker 7: No, I don't even know what that is, right, Honest to god, you don't.
Speaker 1: Know what chat chept is? Of course you do? Ai?
Speaker 7: Oh ai? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Well called a chat gpt right? Is this right?
Speaker 5: You were a trady, you were a carpenter. No chat ChiPT they're raving about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I mean we built a house in over the last five years.
Speaker 1: When you say weed, do you mean obviously got people into do well. Yeah, but you know we got ripped off by dodgy builders. Yeah, we got ripped off.
Speaker 5: In this country. There's a bad reputation about some Irish builder as well. The Irish builders didn't rip you up.
Speaker 10: There was English and Irish involved and they ripped us off.
Speaker 1: And the hell rips of ronan key we call a pop star attacks. Honestly, I was talking to Ed Sheer and he got shafted as well. Right, there's got some dodgy guttering or drive.
Speaker 7: It was a little bit more than that.
Speaker 10: But my wife ended up taking on the job of construction company, set up a construction company.
Speaker 1: She became the architect, she became everything. She did the whole job. And I was on site. I'd come home from magic breakfast and you will barrow put on the clothes and there I've been, you know, the drilling me.
Speaker 7: Hand or whatever. Baptism afar.
Speaker 10: I remember there was lads putting plaster board up and and I came in and says, what can I do? When he says, oh, you wouldn't at that plaster boarder, I didn't have a cut plaster board.
Speaker 7: So I went outside. YouTube how you.
Speaker 1: Figured that outstart.
Speaker 5: Of putting up the blaster board and bringing it in great So I didn't know you had a trade pass.
Speaker 7: No I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 7: I worked in a shoe shop before. Boys on.
Speaker 5: Is it crazy? So you go into that bad at sixteen? You know, now you're a dad and you see what sixteen is like. You're still a young kid.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my eldest boy is twenty five, so it's mad. By the time I was twenty five, I had left boys on and I had had him my boy, and it gets crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean life's.
Speaker 10: It's thirty years, Christian, thirty thirty one years now since I joined them.
Speaker 5: But how do you look back on that period of with life now? Can you see it differently? Do you appreciate it in a different way? Because I think you guys were so famous, like Megastar's famous.
Speaker 7: Well, to be honest with you, it feels like a different person. I don't, you know.
Speaker 10: I look at it and I think I'm looking at somebody else's life.
Speaker 7: We don't.
Speaker 10: I was just talking to someone about it yesterday. Bless him that the awful news. Youngly in pain on what happened. You know, I think that the record industry has a lot to answer for with the way that artists are protected as such, especially at such a young age. He was sixteen, I believe when he when he drew in one direction. You know, we didn't get any training. There's no media training. Nobody comes and tells you how to do an interview or or what to say or you know, how you should say something or whatever.
Speaker 7: Whatever.
Speaker 10: You know, there's nothing there, And I think they need to be protected like when you do The Voice or you do X Factor, any of these shows, we have basically psychologists.
Speaker 7: Who are there on hand to help need that. Yeah they do, you know, they get the chair.
Speaker 10: Doesn't turn, or you know, they get told that it wasn't a great performance or whatever. You know, they devastated, so you need somebody to help them down easy, you know.
Speaker 1: And none of that was.
Speaker 10: There for supply for boys on when we were sixteen and sometimes as god.
Speaker 7: Knows how scared I am now, I don't know, but I'm look.
Speaker 10: I try to keep me feet in the ground and realize that I don't believe the hype too much. People need to be protected more in this in this bloody famous world or whatever that means.
Speaker 1: And you know, because the pressures there now way more than ever before. Yeah scary, I mean social media skilled. Do you want to be in a boy band now? I don't think I would, to be honest with you, rather be a carpenter. Yeah, I think I run that pass the board.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I think what's a good better at us?
Speaker 5: This is a guy who sold about fifty millions what any former middle aged boy band?
Speaker 7: Perfect?
Speaker 10: Well, Actually I was talking to Gary Barlow he's in Australia at the moment.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 10: You take that boys out here and I was seeing them tomorrow and I I think we have we've kind of well we've lived a very similar life, but both of us I'm at a very similar stage in our lives now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe we will start a band.
Speaker 1: The tour us.
Speaker 7: We've been talking about doing something together.
Speaker 5: So maybe that's what you do do you know what is time for a middle aged old boy band? There you go, Yeah, oursel tours, you just do afternoon shows.
Speaker 1: Come on, we can sell a little bit more than ours, please, Kristen, my god, this space that I said, I know what they are. They're a good time year had a good time.
Speaker 10: All right, you do a few warm up okay, great, yeah we do the warm up there, that's a good Then you go to the MCG now and now I.
Speaker 7: Like where you've gone. Absolutely thanks.
Speaker 1: Now tell us what Oaks day you're looking forward to performing? Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, performing today? And I've been at Melbourne all week obviously. I performed on Tuesday at Melbourne Cup with Ricky Lee one hundred thousand people. The reception was phenomenal, it was really it was incredible. I kind of put out the mic at the end of one of the songs and they sang the line back to me and it was just this wall of voices. It was so powerful. It was really special. So you're very much looking forward to performing today.
Speaker 1: You show me someone who's owned a horse I have. Yeah, yeah, big mistake, huge, huge, huge. Did you lose money?
Speaker 7: Give anyone advice done by a horse?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I lost a fortune.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't win anything?
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 7: Actually we did have one win.
Speaker 10: Yeah, down in Limericks somewhere in Ireland, one of the big major tournaments.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a major. I think it was sold for that. I wasn't going to get any better.
Speaker 1: It was a nightmare, all right. Lovely to see you too. You do really well.
Speaker 7: I don't know about that. Thank you, you do too. It's like a smile on your face.
Speaker 1: You know how to smile. No, I know that I didn't. I didn't smile. So last forty six, thank you very much for coming in.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. Come on in to Darren Christian. You have to be of a certain age to remember when the term gray ghost was the rage. I hear you Darren okay, the old lady of radio, grand old dame, shall we say Darren okay?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that what used to call it back in the day?
Speaker 4: Pertly, I had one caller who said they used to drive around in mini mookes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't remember. Well, that's way before my time.
Speaker 1: That would be the sixties on nothing was before your time.
Speaker 3: Were living in we were living in the sea along conversations.
Speaker 1: She broke the news about the Big Bang. That's when the world heard about it. The big has happened.
Speaker 5: That will no celebrating if anything, letting you gloat, letting you glow. Now one the team, I like to think, on this team, we have a policy where if anyone is ever upset anything on the show or doo with how we run the team, or the atmosphere here or the culture here, they must be able to come forward and use these really these microphones that we are we we don't own these microphones.
Speaker 1: We're lucky to have them.
Speaker 5: And sadly, before today's show, I came in Jack and you weren't hearing a beloved team that came to me in a state of what I can only describe emotional distress.
Speaker 4: I hate to hear that I was Oh my.
Speaker 5: God, well I've invited that person to bravely step forward today and add some words about what has happened here.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sorry, Patsy asked earlier if I was a bit off, And yeah, I'm a bit off today because I feel it's easy to be betrayed by your enemies you expected. But what hurts the most is when you're stabbed in the back.
Speaker 1: If it's me, can I just say sorry right now?
Speaker 4: Apology? Accept it?
Speaker 1: But it's not you?
Speaker 6: What someone I really look up to, someone you know, I see like a big brother on the show.
Speaker 1: You right, Jack, Dusty, Let's cut to it now. He's waking up. Now he knows what you've done.
Speaker 4: What what is it?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: How can you look us in the eye?
Speaker 4: I honestly, wow, I feel I've done nothing wrong, and that will be most likely my position about a month ago I brought to you.
Speaker 6: You know, every time I says I work really hard.
Speaker 1: On them as well, and thank you for that as well. Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that I spend a lot of time trying to find great fact to intrigue.
Speaker 4: But an you're talking about when we do the time where it's like kitchen movies and you're like, oh, what's Australia's favorite kitchen instrument.
Speaker 5: He had a great one Friday with the horses. Horses Can't Get Lost came.
Speaker 4: From Actually I've already retold that to people over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a similar theme.
Speaker 6: Because I had there was a great one I found about geography songs exactly a month ago, and Christian, I think you have the audio.
Speaker 1: Wind the team. There's a point in this.
Speaker 5: How specific closer to the people on the International Space Station than you are to any other human being? Good?
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 5: See how animate is you now know? Guilty man has no d what? He laughs real loud?
Speaker 4: But what do what is this show for but to learn things and then to take them out into credited, to take them out into the world.
Speaker 1: Two words double dipping. Carry on with this heartbreaking story of deception.
Speaker 6: Then I'm listening to Hamish, a great podcast again, listening to my mentor Jack.
Speaker 1: You're learning, you're learning your pause ever listened to this?
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy? I actually have a better fact about the International Space Station.
Speaker 9: Jack.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even my factor today, but if you're standing on this island in the middle of the specific ocean, so it's Easter Island or something, you are closer to the humans on the International Space Station than you are to any other humans on Earth.
Speaker 1: That is a good fact.
Speaker 5: Now, obviously suspicions must and raced you the high quality of this because they can't move on.
Speaker 1: Did you get that fact again from Jack? And here's it when.
Speaker 5: Someone offers you that that's a chance to credit the other paymaster you have.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that part.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's rewind from the hamers Nati podcast. Did you get that fact again from Jack? Someone on your radio show said it.
Speaker 4: I can't even remember where I heard that. No, but it wasn't from the radio show.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It's just in the back of my brain somewhere. That is bad manners, thank you.
Speaker 1: That is bad. Yeah, you say bad matters. That is something else. Went from the genemic title the radio show.
Speaker 4: I think you got to when you do the radio show and the podcast, like on the same day. So much is happening, It's moving so fast.
Speaker 1: You a conflicted man.
Speaker 4: The brain is blurry. Where's things coming from? Who said what? Who said? Which show? Am I on you forget I.
Speaker 2: Want to get that fact again from Jack.
Speaker 1: Someone on your radio show said it.
Speaker 4: I can't even remember where I heard that. No, but it wasn't from the radio show. It's just deep in the back of my brain.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that second bit.
Speaker 5: I had the first part definitely not from the radio show deep in his brain.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a credit to Rio, then I think you.
Speaker 1: Credit radio show.
Speaker 4: The fact was so strong that it went straight to the back of my brain and set up camp there as if it was a factor.
Speaker 1: Were rting credit free. Well, I'm sorry you had to hear all.
Speaker 4: This has been healing.
Speaker 1: Some ears could never heal.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian O'Connell's show Yesterda.
Speaker 5: On the show, we were talking about sayings that you and other people get wrong, and we've had a whole load of emails from you guys, and you can call in now as well.
Speaker 1: Nine four four one O four three.
Speaker 5: This is an incredible email from a podcast are called Paul Phipps. Christian finally should mention miss sayings because I heard one the other day from your very own newsreader Patsy when you were talking about hitchhikers. You guys seem to miss it, but these big old ears didn't. The show title too, and be fine. This audio is don't laugh at samurais from the twenty second of October twenty twenty four. I've attached the moment Pat said it. I'm sure the phrase Pat's meant to say was not bat an eyelid, but she said batter an eyelid. But then when it comes to Patsy, who knows she's probably batted many an elid to get to red carpet event.
Speaker 3: I do it all the time. This is nothing you I always miss up.
Speaker 1: Saying to whatever ones. But this is. This is a great spot by Paul.
Speaker 3: Back in the seventies and eighties. You're right it was commonplace. It was absolutely you wouldn't better an eyelid.
Speaker 5: This is some Kyle Christian Jack and bats in my house and well known for getting sayings wrong and send them back to front. There are two sayings in particular I can never get right. First one is mutton dressed as Ham.
Speaker 1: I prefer your one. I'm gonna start, Can I do that? Car?
Speaker 5: I prefer Mutton trested's ham instead of the commonly used Mutton Trestor's lamb. It just doesn't come out right. Then one other one I get is the white elephant in the room. I never realized I was combining two different saying white elephant and the elephant in the room until my husband just snapped one day and.
Speaker 4: Went enough an individual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Christian, I have two for me. This comes from Shari and Berrick. I say they treated me like the escapegoat instead of scapegoats the escaping goat, and I often say I knew it right from the gecko.
Speaker 1: Put them right from the get go.
Speaker 5: Many years ago, we used to work with the bloke in the office who used to say two ones. It's the squeaky will that makes the most noise instead of the squeaky will gets to grease. Another one that used to say a lot was for all intensive purposes instead of for all intents and purposes.
Speaker 1: That comes from Greg.
Speaker 2: Look Christian Connall show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show right now on the show. Then you're miss saying so it might be you might be somebody else. Christian, me and my mates merge these two together. It's the bead A Catholic does the post shit in the woods completely.
Speaker 1: It's not the idea of a Catholic. Bet, it's the better catholic. Doesn't post it in the woods. Tim, Thank you very much, Christian.
Speaker 5: I am forever splitting the image until my husband cracked at one. Don't tell me it's a splitting image, not splitting image. Is it best thing since life's bread or the best thing since sliced bread?
Speaker 3: I'm glad I'm not alone on.
Speaker 1: These PASTI what's another one that you do as well? But the cash in the checks?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: I said to Chris the other day. Don't cash checks you can't cash. Instead write checks your body can't cash.
Speaker 1: Jan, Good morning, Jan, welcome to the show. Oh hi Lee, Jan. So what as miss sayings that you do?
Speaker 13: I used to work with someone who always heard the best signs, and her favorite was she was always at the end of her feather.
Speaker 5: It's better than being at the end of your tether or at the end of a feathero is so fragile.
Speaker 1: Jan, thank you very much for showing that one. Have a good day.
Speaker 13: Are you welcome you too?
Speaker 1: Bye? Chamain, Good morning, Charmain, good morning. Welcome to a show. So miss saying Chamain, yes.
Speaker 13: Making in to meet instead of making ends.
Speaker 4: Meet Hen's meat.
Speaker 1: Now is it? You guess that? What got that one? Confused about the Hens meeting? Yes?
Speaker 13: There, well not they were meeting. It was just making hens the meat in the meat to make the food, you know, like a.
Speaker 5: Hen pie or a BLT, but an HLT with hen letters and tomato.
Speaker 1: It's a market price is a dirt chiep? Aren't they for hen?
Speaker 13: But it could have been nice if they're actually meeting.
Speaker 1: Meeting Charmaine, thank you very much for calling. No worries. Good morning, Justin, Christian, good morning, welcome to show. So what is your wife constantly saying? Saying? She gets wrong?
Speaker 8: So my wife's constantly saying in the walls instead of in the walls.
Speaker 5: So it sounded like we've been in the walls recently. We've been in the wolves recently.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she seems to have thought that it was a means of saying that she's been bouncing off the walls.
Speaker 1: I love the whole thing. Are you rational behind it? I love it? Justin Justin, thank you very much for sharing mate my pleadure.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Ken. Good morning, Ken, Yes, good morning, lovely to hear from you at Ken. Didn't you call the show about two or three weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Ah, No, not me, Ken, lovely.
Speaker 1: To speak to a new can thank you? Thank you?
Speaker 14: You?
Speaker 1: What do you offer us? Ken?
Speaker 8: Look, we were away once the morning. We were sitting around having a drink and my wife came out and said, that's better than a poking the stick with a sharp eye, and.
Speaker 1: She had a couple of drinks as well.
Speaker 8: We happy, how.
Speaker 1: Ken, Thank you very much for calling him?
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's any under twenty year olds called Ken?
Speaker 4: Not under fifty?
Speaker 1: Mate? Ready? No, I reckon there's a I don't know something.
Speaker 4: I don't know any people my age at thirty six called Ken. Really never met a Ken?
Speaker 1: Perhaps you know thirty something? Can?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Not thirty second?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I've got an uncle who's probably over sixty here.
Speaker 1: Great, thanks for taking part.
Speaker 11: You're in a young listening to the conversations my boy uncle over six after Kenn's dead.
Speaker 1: But if he was your live in the one hundred and ninety does that help the Big Barbie movie?
Speaker 3: Someone might have taken inspiration and called their baby Ken.
Speaker 5: No, I don't reckon, there's you're not getting the test. Welcome to the world, Baby Ken. Seven pounds of eight pounces. I don't know if there's any young Kenny.
Speaker 4: And what's young to you?
Speaker 1: Under twenty?
Speaker 3: Oh that's no, that's too young.
Speaker 4: I reckon you'll find someone on fifty is impression.
Speaker 5: Producer Kate, And I bet you've got a family member up in Queensland called Ken.
Speaker 4: I have a niece called Kenny, female Kenny, really female Kenny?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: What's the short for?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: Her name is just Kenny or worth for Kington, Kenden him?
Speaker 1: Sorry that I think.
Speaker 4: Kenney is a popular girl's name I've not heard of before.
Speaker 1: Wonder's gone mad. They better not be called Jack? All right? If you're a young Ken? So what do you think teenagers called Ken? Is that young?
Speaker 3: Let's say under thirty?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: You're saying under fifty?
Speaker 4: There's none under fifteen?
Speaker 1: Okay and nol So just tell us what's that Ken short? From him?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show, The Name Game as in coming up in five minutes time, chat to cooler a lovely guy called Ken, And I still realized that we heard from another lovely Ken about last week, all the week before, and that Ken was also shared not just a name with the Ken I was chatenty five.
Speaker 4: Minutes ago, but the kind of mature voice.
Speaker 5: You got it, my friend. Vintage is what I heard. Like a vintage car. You know, we go look at those beautiful, clean, shapely lines built to last Ken's and then I've been wondering, are there any young Ken's? Ken is feels like an old timey, dependable name. You know, he said you can rely on a nighbor called Ken in our jump leads. You can't start that car.
Speaker 1: You go and see Ken at fifty two. Of course he's gonna have that. You're on holiday if you've got to put your.
Speaker 5: Pins out your text Ken at number fifty two, good old Ken. However, are they young generation? Are they using that fine name? Or is it an old timy name that's just going to pass by the way.
Speaker 4: I can't think of any young Ken's.
Speaker 5: Christian, I don't think you'll find a Ken under forty. Let's find out, Pauline, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi, how are you? Yeahah? And Pauline, do you know a young Ken?
Speaker 13: Yes, my son.
Speaker 1: He's twenty years old and his name's Ken.
Speaker 13: His name's Ken, he's father's name. Well, but His name's Kenneth, but we call him Kenny or Ken. His father is Kenneth, his grandfather was Kenneth, and he's great grandfather was Kenneth.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, this is amazing. First call, he goes from a life.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so he was. His father said he was Kenneth's the fourth.
Speaker 1: So is he Ken the fourth? That's incredible. What a majestic name.
Speaker 13: And he's twenty.
Speaker 1: He's twenty. He's got that age again, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: So do you think we find anyone under the You heard of any other young Kennys.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't because that's not really a voluntary Ken that was passed down to him.
Speaker 1: No, it's an honorable Ken though. You know fairline.
Speaker 13: No, Mummy didn't want to call him that. I had no choice. Daddy named him before I could get down there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Ken is loving all of it, especially the phrase mummy. We'll hear that. Well. What we're dealing with, though, is a Ken legacy. Here. We are, all right, Pauline, thank you very much? You call okay, thank you Mary. You know a young Ken under the age of twenty.
Speaker 13: I do, indeed, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 5: Good morning to welcome to the show. Sorry, formalities. First, it's the Ken stuff as real. He fitzing me up today at the moment, Mary, So it's a young new generation Ken.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 13: I work in a primary school and I have a little boy in prep. So he would be five years old and his name is Ken.
Speaker 2: Five year old Ken, a five year old Ken.
Speaker 5: New generations that star wars, Yeah, new.
Speaker 13: Hope, gorgeous little boy, full of personality.
Speaker 5: He's embodied the spirit of Ken from the whole elders of Ken's who are alive in him.
Speaker 13: He has He gets up to all sorts of mischiefs. So it's not a reliable Ken.
Speaker 1: Lovely. I think we start a new feature once a week called my Name is Ken, and I just.
Speaker 5: Quickly interview anyone who is called that great name, Mary, Thanks calling him.
Speaker 13: No worries, Thank you, Bye.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, this is back.
Speaker 6: Do you have a name that's a pain? A name you always need to explain well with man, my name as in Jay you.
Speaker 13: All the one my name is as in Carlsen's girlfriend Jane Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to.
Speaker 5: Shame anyone I did ever guess on that caller to welcome to the show, as.
Speaker 1: In the sun so loud. Yes, very good caller. Three, good morning.
Speaker 13: I would have to say my surname as in good.
Speaker 1: A, hello, mate, greeting.
Speaker 13: Mate, mate, mate, the.
Speaker 1: Most honest surname ever. If you've got one of those names, that's the pain. We turn it into a game. We try and work backwards and guess what your name is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. Christian, there is a Ken in your daughter Lewis's school year.
Speaker 4: That's creepy.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is not sure if that's not my wife for my daughter, but thank you, Christian. My son is in grade one. One of his classmates Ken. This is exciting times, everybody. Christian, I have a uni friend called Kenny's twenty one Ken's are alive and well they're out there, Christian, Christiana my teacher. I also with Kenny my class. He's in the year twelve. Lee, you don't teach my daughter lowis to you, by the way. All right, let's get into it the name game, as in are we ready to play Patsy?
Speaker 1: You ready to play Jackie boy? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Always?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: So you come on here. We don't know your name, so we just go. Caller one, two, three, and four. You give us that one line clue you have to give people when they don't understand what your name is. We're trying to guess what your name is, all right.
Speaker 1: Caller one, Hello, Hi everyone.
Speaker 13: Every time I tell people my say name, I have to say, as in Koala.
Speaker 3: Bear mattress, No, no way, true, nye.
Speaker 13: I'll give you another one.
Speaker 9: If that doesn't work, I have to say, as in the chocolate caramelo.
Speaker 13: Yes, Koala was a little bit chicky, but yeah. I always have to say, as in caramelo, Koala.
Speaker 1: Well done. Did they get it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? No nice clue. All right, thank you very much, have a good day. Thank you bye, Let's go to cooler two. Good morning, cooler two.
Speaker 9: Hello, Pan.
Speaker 3: Rabbit, Wendy, No.
Speaker 4: Rabbit, pumpkin, No, they go winner.
Speaker 1: Peter one of Jesus' mates, the Disciples. Are you Peter, Disciples.
Speaker 13: King of the Mountains?
Speaker 5: Oh Brock, Yes, thank you very much, Patsy. Caller three, Good morning, Hi. Hello, are you you're going to be a game right now?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello? Hello?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah, your yeah.
Speaker 13: So this is my surname. Who is Jesus.
Speaker 12: Christ, Savior, god Son of god Son of God Godson.
Speaker 1: Yes, really really, your surname is Godson, yes.
Speaker 13: And then my brother, My brother is a vicar, so he's known as the reverend.
Speaker 5: That that is what's something nominative determinism we often try try out on the show.
Speaker 1: Wow, amazing scenes. Thank you very much for corning in this Morning.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian, we have a mulbed tree on our nature street. A couple of weeks ago, I picked a bucket of the berries. This tree is at the costco of Mulberry's. It's still heaps. I noticed our posty also out some sounds to them and delivery drivers. So have you got a mulberry bush then?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: No, we have neighbors who have a mulby tree, and that I would agree with that. There are so many it feels unlimited, and we've been picking them every day.
Speaker 1: Do you like the taste? I love underrated more than a raspberry or strawberry, even a blueberry.
Speaker 4: You know why mulberry's aren't in our supermarkets is just because they don't travel as well as a raspberry or a BlackBerry, not because people don't like the taste.
Speaker 5: I originally thought they were legal in this country. There are some plants that are illegal here because they're bad for the ecosystem. I'm not sure if the mulberry falls under that real Could you have a loo cong gooogle?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: So is it mulberry native or not?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's a pommey tree.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a pomy tree.
Speaker 5: I remember there's some old sort of in a nursing rhyme we used to sing around spring, Here we go around the mulberry bush.
Speaker 1: The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, here we go.
Speaker 5: I think it is to do with symbolism, to do with renewal and cosmic order.
Speaker 4: Maybe they just mulberry's could be that as well.
Speaker 5: I also seem to be someone who was forced to go to a Catholic school when I was a kid. I think it's one of the few bushes that are mentioned or trees that mentioned the Bible, along with myrtle, and I think mulberry for some reason is mentioned in the Bible as well.
Speaker 1: You tried the mulberry's bats.
Speaker 3: I don't reckon. I've tried the mulberry. Are they quite sort of precious?
Speaker 4: Are they easy? They can't have them in super supermarkets because they won't travel that. Blackberries they can actually pick before they ripe, put them in the punnets, and then they're ripen over the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: Isn't that appeasing word to say punnet delicious punnets of fruit?
Speaker 4: Mulberries won't, and mulberry is not technically a berry more closely related to a fig, even though it looks so much like a BlackBerry.
Speaker 5: I wish I had a neighbor who had a fig tree that I could pick friggin cheese pants.
Speaker 4: Right, guys, we have a fig tree, but the possums eat the figs. We need it before the now you got to you have to get some sort of special net. And I don't know much about special Yeah. The guy we got the house from, he said, like a big hannaut for the tree. Yes, he actually put the hairnaut on the tree. He's like, I'll put before we leave.
Speaker 1: A tree condom to guarantee it safety.
Speaker 4: And then the possums got through the net. They got up under the net and haven't bothered to put another net on because I don't need a load of figs.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a delicacy that we can with some cheese or reverdy expensive.
Speaker 3: Your lemons though, like I just can't rave enough about Jackson.
Speaker 5: You got massive. So it's the Mawi bush in your golden or is that neighbors?
Speaker 4: Did you say two doors down at the front of the.
Speaker 1: Guard and they don't mind you picking them?
Speaker 4: Well, it sort of leans over the front fence.
Speaker 3: Oh well then it's yours free game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 3: Absolutely it is.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty much on the b to see, like, hey, do you mind if we have a couple of those?
Speaker 4: We didn't ask? And actually yesterday we went in because Gordy gets on my shoulders to pick the ones up higher.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we went inside the fence line.
Speaker 1: Because that's actually trespassing.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of the ones on the outside have been eaten.
Speaker 1: So you are you now leaning over?
Speaker 4: Have we actually went inside the gate.
Speaker 12: Gate?
Speaker 4: This is so brazen and open gate is an open invitation?
Speaker 5: I think, Oh no, now I remember that time. Do you remember when you brought an illegal swipe card cloner so you could break into Rio's apartment or friend's apartment and use the pall there without.
Speaker 4: Them knowing yes, it didn't work, but that was my idea.
Speaker 5: Yes, Christian Connell Show podcast go on to Christian Fun Fact, Mobbery, Robbery, Lee's are the soul soft or some nutrition for growing silkworms?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Susan.
Speaker 5: To now on our time waits to two hundred and fifty doll suspend at mity ten. Mighty ten is the Mighty helpful hardware store providing expert advice to make your DIY projects successful.
Speaker 4: Can I say something about silk before we move on?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 4: I bought those silk pillows that I was telling you about because it's meant to make your hair less, curly and freezy in the morning. And I can't help but look at the whole pillow case and go did this all really come out of worms? This whole thing isn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: Are you doing a bit? Sorry? I wasn't sure whether it was a prank or something for Instagram. No, you're just amazedly.
Speaker 4: Like it comes out of the back of worms.
Speaker 1: How many do you think it goes to make one pillow?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I would love to know.
Speaker 5: Email Jack direct your dem in with those answers all right today. Meanwhile, on the radio show for the time waste today on thanker travel agent day?
Speaker 3: Oh does anyone use them anymore?
Speaker 14: Crazy?
Speaker 3: With the internet store?
Speaker 4: You does?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 4: It's all our videos?
Speaker 1: Did he want to use Quinson?
Speaker 6: Who's from the country and I assume possibly never been on a plane before.
Speaker 5: I don't know country party. He hadn't when he went to England. It was the first time he's ever left Australia.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 6: He used flight Center to book a flight from Melbourne to Sydney.
Speaker 1: But not And if you go an international you'd use them right.
Speaker 4: That's when you're like putting together an itinerary.
Speaker 5: Interstate for such a short trip. You're not walking into your local travel agent.
Speaker 1: I've got the money in cash savings for a couple of months.
Speaker 5: Wow, and some facts here that's in a color time you're here in Hamish and Andy. Australians are the most well traveled people.
Speaker 1: In the world, very cultured to believe that.
Speaker 5: A study of one hundred and seventy countries, Australian's top of the list for the most countries traveled per person, followed by Island, Newsland and England. The shortest commercial flight takes less than two minutes. The flight between the Scottish islands of west Ray and Papa west Ray, West Rayan's going to go and see dad nineteen seconds.
Speaker 4: They're two different facts. You just rolled into it like we were still talking about Australians going.
Speaker 1: Over two different ones on how about those silk ones?
Speaker 5: So guys, all right, we're looking for travel bands today, Travel bands, bike and the Mechanics Silver, Frankie Rose to Hollywood Gold Raft Punk Silver?
Speaker 1: Is he a choking there? Men and Kim were so big in the eighties. Oh my god, Melway's and Kim they went lost, Jackie boy? What have you got? Travel bands?
Speaker 4: Eagle Eye, Fairy.
Speaker 11: Very good, you're like Fairy Gold, Huey Lewis and the cruise also Gold, tour pack no tour backers, gold plus.
Speaker 1: I heard there's a travel agent so in America it's.
Speaker 4: Called tour pack and a of bus. I left the worst.
Speaker 1: One in the last that's bronze. All right? What have you got then? Travel bands?
Speaker 2: Textament The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian who ever tried fig jam?
Speaker 3: I'd love to know if anyone's making my mom Mike, some will bring you something. If she's got a.
Speaker 5: Batch, please love some all right, we're looking for your transport bands.
Speaker 1: Travel bands. You really jacked them up.
Speaker 5: Let's go Bester and show two hundred and fifty dollars suspend any ten Mikey and the mechanics.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just got it. Took me a second. The travel card for the public transport. You can see how it's written the rest.
Speaker 1: Of totally yeah and the rest, but everyone can hear it as well. Silver to be fair.
Speaker 5: Jack As spent two minutes watching how they how silk worms make silk.
Speaker 1: Video focus themselves.
Speaker 11: Amazing blimp biscuit gold, he said.
Speaker 5: Lady car Car Gold Tractory Amos, that's good silver. I thought it was Goldie Rickshaw Astley Gold, Lisa left I moped instead of Lopez gold plus and does anyone ever reference these left I logez Naith, well done the uncanny BMX men. Silver that's from Danny emmin Emirates em Emirates.
Speaker 1: Bronze Ute two silver. Boutier Gold. That's very good.
Speaker 5: Stephen Harris, well done for Boutier Quantus of the stone Age Gold.
Speaker 1: Roman Keating. You know he's in nine Energy c in Australia. He's out today.
Speaker 5: One Unkynie Smith Bruno cars silver, the Google.
Speaker 1: Tolls silver plus.
Speaker 5: All right, check you boy, who's winning the two hundred and fifty dollars to spend a ninety ten Today.
Speaker 4: World under Stephen for Boutier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Boutia, very good, well done, best in show today.
Speaker 2: But Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about tomorrow's show Today we return tomorrow, friends, bang straight into Friday.
Speaker 1: How that happened Friday? Tomorrow? What mine's are blowing? Right now?
Speaker 5: Onto my show? We'll have a brand new naked out for you. Hopefully more of your misheard sayings as well, and I really hope we get stories about this. Cash and money are not the only way to pay for goods and services. Rio share your story mate.
Speaker 6: My parents are basically used as an unpaid daycare center by my sister Alex. They got two little boys until recently I think mom and dad started getting fed up. Alex and Benedict, my sister and brother in law, live next to this beautiful seafood shop in.
Speaker 1: Sydney, very famous.
Speaker 6: Dad has negotiated an arrangement with them whereby if they look after the quid, the skid.
Speaker 4: If they look after the kids, they get.
Speaker 1: A squid all right bad. You got this strange old family there in Sydney. I know it's a bit different between the Melbourne. They've got squints instead of kids.
Speaker 5: He gets a kid stopt.
Speaker 6: Dad loves cookie, especially seafood, like he will do big mud crabs or fish or whatever, but he's really.
Speaker 4: In his squid ear at the moment.
Speaker 1: To get into it.
Speaker 6: So now every time they look after the kids, they get paid in squig wow squints in exactly.
Speaker 5: I remember I was asked to do some sort of corporate thing where you're hosting some kind of annual awards to write, and you get asked to do a lot of these, and I didn't fancy doing it, and so they said to me, look is it, because obviously you've got to pay. You've got to pay commission to your age. And I went a kind of bit of that went, what if we gifted you something directly, what do you like?
Speaker 1: I went wine.
Speaker 5: I got paid in a hamper full of lovely wine and cheese for doing his four hour awards hosting.
Speaker 1: I think it was something like Butcher of the Year. I didn't get a single set nor in my age, and I got some amazing wine and cheese. You can try and get it out of some of the whole breeze still breaking down, So what have you been paid in on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 5: You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, DoD AU.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening show. We're back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast