Speaker 1: Question. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a funny old world, isn't it. Just add this email.
Speaker 3: We've never done this topic, but someone's put up Weird Things that have been stolen?
Speaker 2: Straight away? You know what's happened? What has happened overnight? Question?
Speaker 3: I might have a new question for the show, Weird Things that have been stolen? Today is rubbish bin collection day, but bins out last night as usual's night. It seems someone decided to steal. They actually stole the bin and all the rubbish in it. It's gone.
Speaker 2: I've had my bin stolen before. It's actually so annoying because you have to ring the counsel and wait for them to come in bin. But they've had a look around the suburb, right that. That's your day starting at that knocking on doors. It's a folko of it. Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Yes, please get Roonda. I've got your email. You must be listening. Let us know what the street is and what the bin number is. They're all on the side. Let's see we could track this missing bin down and bring it home where it belongs to you.
Speaker 2: Ronda. Yeah, some side here there, all right? Make us say wow.
Speaker 3: That would have actually made me say wow. For the last remaining golden smeth kettles. Have you got a story that's going to make us say well? On nine four one four one o four three stay seecred.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning, Christian and co. My story is for the first four hours of my life, I was a boy. Technically, the doctors told my parents I was a boy, and they named me Dale, and then I am now married to a Dale with two kids.
Speaker 2: Wow. Now, I hope you don't mind me asking this.
Speaker 3: When you say technically that you can only lead one to the conclusion of an appendage.
Speaker 1: Maybe some swallowing a swollen bits down in.
Speaker 2: That area, the docs just called it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is back in the eighties, so they.
Speaker 2: Are I'm not really christ a very different time.
Speaker 1: I was born blue, I'm pretty sure. So they had to rush me off. Yeah so there, and then, of course back then you sort of don't go with your children. So the doctor's rushed me off. Dad's gone and made all the phone calls to the family saying.
Speaker 3: We're going with get the cake mate.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Dad was a big cricket player too, so you probably had all these aspirations for me. So the doctor came in. The doctor came in about four hours later and said to Mum, I've got something to tell you.
Speaker 2: Dad. Do you think they were drawing straws outside? I'm not getting that. I'm a doctor. I should have known.
Speaker 1: I should have had another in the birthplace. But mom's first into tears because she's gone on, He's dead, isn't he? And they've gone on, You've got a little girl. So then yeah, so and then love wanted to call me Casey. Dad didn't like Casey, so they called me Stacey.
Speaker 3: Amazing story. But you're now married to Adele.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, we're being together.
Speaker 2: Make you marry Adele. He's desperately that Dole name in.
Speaker 1: The family outdoors with a shutdown.
Speaker 2: That is worth.
Speaker 3: Yes, if you have what any you wants, Stacy a brilliant, brilliant story.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for sharing. No hurry, guys, all right, have you got.
Speaker 3: A story like Stacey there that's going to make us say, well, we'll take some more next. This is the Christian o'connells show podcast. Have you got a story that's going to make us say well? Chat to a guy yesterday while we went for coffees. Tommy cannot wear watches. He makes them stock with the He literally makes a watch stop after a day or two with the high electrical current activity in his body. What if there's anyone else to call that anyway? It made me say well yesterday when he told me, what is your story? That won't make us say well? Like Stacey being originally for four hours dal nine four one four three, Tia, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Good morning, guys. How are you?
Speaker 2: We are good tea? I hope you are this morning. What is your story that my makers say? Well?
Speaker 1: Well, guys.
Speaker 5: My brother Jason passed away many years ago on March the eleventh, and each year as it comes around to the anniversary, you know a little bit of a memorial remember remembrance for him. This year, on March the eleventh, I was on the train and I decided to play his favorite album, which is No Life to Live by Metallica. Put the album on, I close my eyes and that's a couple of minutes. I opened my eyes and there's a guy sitting in front of me with a No Life to Leather T shirt on. So I say to him, bro, like, look like showing my Spotify. So I'm playing the album That's your Shit, And I said, look, what's your name. My name's Tia. He said, my name is Jason. His name was the same name as my brother.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: On the anniversary that my brother died, I was playing this album.
Speaker 2: It was you manifested it. You manifested it, you called it into your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was so cool and it was just you know, it's just one of those beautiful times.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you feel the presence of your brother?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, I did that day anyway. I guess I do that day anyway, Marcill Evans every year. But to be able to put on the album there's the dude with the T shirt. Ask his name. His name's the same name as my brother.
Speaker 2: Show all right, Tia, you definitely can have one the Golden kettles.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, guys, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You for sharing that. Take care Sarah, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good and.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to hear your story that might make us say, wow, what is it?
Speaker 4: Well, about twenty years ago, October Long weekend, I took the kids to Melbourne. While I was away, the house was broken into and my jewelry box was stolen. In that jewelry box was a double strand pearl choker that belonged to my great grandmother. Devastated beside myself. Ten months later, my father's staying and I have a dinner party and one of the women walking with that pearl choker on her neck where you just started, I could not believe it, could not believe it. You know, we thought it had been gone and lost forever. And it turned out that her fiance had bought it from a respected jeweler in a country town. Yeah, and it had been hopped by a known drug addict, and he was just shocked, shopped that he had bought stolen goods.
Speaker 2: So what did they do that I handed.
Speaker 4: To you, Well, my my name. We lived on a farm, so my neighbors were there, and I grabbed Ricky and I said, Ricky, Margaret is grant.
Speaker 3: Get the fork and a shovel, corner them, get that stand polchow them.
Speaker 4: And she had to tell she had to tell John, who was the respected doctor in Adelaide. In not an Adelaide, I'm in Adelaide. And he he just went white.
Speaker 2: Get a quick map here.
Speaker 3: I mean several respected people got the respected Joe, respected doctor.
Speaker 2: I know, it was just incredible choker off woman.
Speaker 4: Well John, I mean we didn't say anything to her. John, you know, put it in his safe the next morning and he we ranged the police and yes, the police, whole police investigation. I finally got it back the following February after the girl had gone to court and it was in the paper and fair rang yeah.
Speaker 5: Carol affair rang me.
Speaker 4: They wanted to do a story and I.
Speaker 5: Suspect I'm not joking, this is true.
Speaker 2: Did you were you want it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I chose not to put Oh no, no, I don't put my face on national key. I mean the pearl chokers, it's worth tens of thousands not. You know, it wasn't just a trinket.
Speaker 5: It was Yeah, I love a pearl choker.
Speaker 2: Is it because of the double strand?
Speaker 4: Well, it's got a very substantial diamond clasp on it.
Speaker 2: So double class or single.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's a single class.
Speaker 2: But it's quite quite beautiful piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the funny thing was that my brother was out from Canada and I said, Nick, is that that is Grand's That is Grand's pearl. They are Grand's pearl to Nick said, because they were, you know, so old and it's mistakable.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what this is like the greatest. This should be a movie. Agatha Christie a genius. She never came up with the story this good. It's like the dinner party scene.
Speaker 2: Is as World Jokers. It's one of those books you read that need to have the family tree on the inside so that you know all in the forward. Now a new name appears, Nick, the brother don't dun't do?
Speaker 3: Was he the highly respect the respected doctor, the respected jeweler, and then John.
Speaker 4: Was It was on page three of the local paper.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was on page one, bigger than the Double Joker story.
Speaker 3: Now, Sarah, this is a story within stories, wrapped in a story, wrapped in a double Joker with a single class. You have to, I mean it's not up there with a priceless air room like that, but you can have one of our cold and single class lovely.
Speaker 4: Thank you. But I listened to you from laid on my phone every morning.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you, thank you. We're sending them to.
Speaker 4: Adelaide, lovely, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And when you get it, go take that respect to Jule as we can price it up.
Speaker 2: Put it in John the Farmer's safe? Which farmers are safe?
Speaker 3: I think Ricky was the farther. It's like a phone call version of kludo? Was it, Colonel Mustard? I need to rest.
Speaker 2: Actually rem ed
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast