Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian o'connald Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week, we were up in a Gold Coast, first time I've ever been up there since we moved to Australia, and first morning there were having breakfast and I ordered a just a sort of breakfast and the lady comes up about two months later too, I'm sorry, sir, we weren't.
Speaker 3: Able to have you able to have a hash brown. I went, all right, okay, She gues there is a nationwide shortage of hash Browns, and I went, what she's I'm not making it that way, No, in Australia.
Speaker 4: She was, Yeah, it's a major problem.
Speaker 5: I'm seeing you can't even get fries at some places now, O kidding potatoes why?
Speaker 3: I think those are the floods and stuff because of the weather conditions.
Speaker 2: Right, So do you think people are stopped paying them in freezers or something. I'm tending to go and look around and get something. Give them a way to listen to my hash Browns. He's obviously like golden hash brown.
Speaker 5: This is also just a rumor, but somebody told me that McDonald's is starting to do potato cakes and they bought all the potatoes.
Speaker 4: Hid Wake up, Wake up sheep.
Speaker 2: Moved on to the potato conspiracy Netflix stockow and it's going to eat spud seriously. All right, what did you catch? On Holiday?
Speaker 4: Nine? Four one one four three, Andrew? Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't believe what I've caught.
Speaker 4: What have you caught? Andrew?
Speaker 7: It would have been about fifteen years ago. My wife and I went to Vietnam and I was eating raw meat and I caught a parasite that went to my eyeball. And I've still got it from this day on. And about two years ago it died and it's still in my eyeball.
Speaker 3: So it's sun took over.
Speaker 7: It was from eating raw meat.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, point alert, it turns out that's not that good for you raw meat.
Speaker 7: It's just a delay, that's all. But yeah, so I've still got it at this day on. But every time I blink, I can actually see the outline of the worm.
Speaker 4: You're kidding me?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Much drives me mad?
Speaker 1: Andrew?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I already lost my eyesight.
Speaker 4: Thing do nothing. Medical science can't help you.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, they couldn't do anything. They just said, you've just got to wait for it to die. And every time I blink. It is still the outline of the worm in my elbow.
Speaker 2: So you've got like three eyes in a way, there's your two and then you got the old mates off there as well.
Speaker 1: And now that he's.
Speaker 5: Died, does he stop causing your trouble? Are you back to nor great?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you see his corpse? Can you see his outline of his corps?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 4: Oh, you gotta wait for that to break down.
Speaker 7: I don't know. Apparently it just stays there till it eventually disappears.
Speaker 5: That's what I had trouble going to sleep. But imagine closing your mind, you're like, there's that.
Speaker 2: Oh, Andrew, that is incredible, mate. Thank you very much your story and thanks for the show.
Speaker 7: Happy New Year, No, thank you you too.
Speaker 4: Michelle. Good morning, Michelle, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 8: Guess what I caught?
Speaker 4: What do you catch? Michelle? Babies, skapies, court scabies and pirates ship scabies. How do you keep scapes?
Speaker 8: Well? You get it from a really debatable motalent to bottom. As an north I was just New Zealand.
Speaker 4: Again, clean up.
Speaker 8: We were on a campavan holiday. Anyway, the Campa van breke down, so we had to talette for the rest of the holiday, and we didn't have much choice because we didn't get to book in anywhere. And yeah, that's what we got. That's what we brought home from news.
Speaker 5: Oh my, so it wasn't just you.
Speaker 8: No, the whole family got it. There was five of us.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So how do you get scabies of the phone? So how do you get with the scapes?
Speaker 8: What do you do weet a week? And they're all pretty itchy? And I just thought, you know, I say people something like that. Anyway, I went to the doctors and he's like, oh, you've got scabies.
Speaker 4: And laugh.
Speaker 8: Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and what did he prescribe or treatment plan?
Speaker 8: You get a medicated cream and you've literally got to smother yourself from head to toe in this sick white cream.
Speaker 2: Creams together back days together, get that cream on each other. That's your holiday trip, the itchy family. Yeah nice, Michelle, thank you very much, No problem.
Speaker 4: We went up for a big old long drive one day.
Speaker 2: It was like a couple of hours outside of Queenstown, right, and never saw there was you know, all those remote looking be and be's they've got like.
Speaker 4: A slight swing in the wind.
Speaker 2: This thing said, now with Color TV, oh Flex.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So apparently we are in a nation wide shortage of hash Browns.
Speaker 4: Found us out.
Speaker 2: Last week at a cafe Mermaid Beach up on the Gold Coast. I ordered my breakfast and they loved it. Lad he came back and said, we won't beable to get you that hash brown. You can have some extra vocado. There's a nationwide shortage affecting all of Australia of hash Browns.
Speaker 5: It's sad to know that hash brown is so far down on the list of potato based items. I guess you've got your chips potato cakes, but hash browns should be really up the top. But no one's producing.
Speaker 2: Any no, which is very very sad. So we one of those morning. Is this true? Have you had a hash brown the last couple of days? Please let us know where are they? Weed all all flock that to have one these delicious delicacies. You found out that one of the supermarkets is limited is how many potatoes we can.
Speaker 5: We can only buy two packs now coals and they're considering a one pack purchase limit. Perfect Emily, You're kidding.
Speaker 4: Scott, Good morning, Good morning here you go. I'm good Scott. Happy new year, Happy.
Speaker 6: New year, first time caller and one year listener and he knew in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: So anniversary, this is a sweet anniversary for all of us, Scott.
Speaker 5: And you finally called it the most important time hash.
Speaker 6: Watch because my daughters are asking to me so much because she's got no hash brands. We've had no hash brands in our local coals for about six weeks.
Speaker 4: Six weeks.
Speaker 6: Chips, their chips are saving, frozen chips, potato gems, there's just nothing. The only thing left in there is that the smiley faced little things and the sweet potato chips were still no one wants those.
Speaker 5: We like the.
Speaker 2: Orange chips, no, no, no, Scott's for six weeks in Barrick there's no chips, no fries.
Speaker 6: Think and I've got another calls then this is the one in eating rice. I've gone to very the calls as well and there's been nothing. It's just what daughter's gone crazy to go to Audi and there's not even easy there.
Speaker 2: So Scott, is she this kind of age where hash browns about the only thing she eats?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Breakfast all right, Scott, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much for and happy anniversary. To joining us on the show as well. Scott have a good year.
Speaker 6: We have a good day.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 2: We need your calls on HASHWA four one four three one Here Tim, good day, Tim Batch of basics. Everyone turn the old radio now, my friend.
Speaker 4: You know the rules. There we go by Tim hash Browns.
Speaker 2: You had any Tim, Yeah, I might hope one this morning from Macer's Where find Jeloe in Geelong.
Speaker 4: We've got a long drive out so Geelong macers have hash Browns. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You don't know how lucky you are in Barrick. There's been a shortage, nothing in six weeks.
Speaker 4: Maybe they've brought all the potatoes are in okay, Jim, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast