Speaker 1: It is a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's Friday morning. Welcome to the show. It's the Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three. Good morning, fellow baker's Hello, how do you feel tired? Irritated? Tell you what I do? I know a lot more about how to make a cake, and I know even more about how not to make a cake. So we've all agreed not until six thirty this morning are we going to see each other's cakes? All right? And then they're going to be loaded into producer rios car. He's driving the station Black Thunder to Matt Preston's place, where they're going to open up a table on his nature strip, put the three cakes on. Matt Preston's going to come out, have a little wander around, if he's brave enough, eat some of the three cakes, and then judge the winner and the losers as well. Right, that's what's going to happen in an hour's time from seven o'clock this morning. So before that, Joe, next half an hour. It is Friday on the show, which means it's double thumbs up Friday. We go around the team, tell you about the things we're into this week. Patsy is the queen of this feature each Friday. Everything we talk about, by the way, if you want to find out more on them, we'll get what the name was of a product or a book or TV show. You always find it on Facebook and on Instagram. You can find the show there. That's our home or Facebook and Instagram. It's very easy. The Christian O'Connell show. Patsy, what have you got for us?
Speaker 3: I've got a book this week.
Speaker 4: I'm going to start off with Eddie Jcou and it's the Happiest Man on Earth and it's a beautiful book. He's an Australian Holocaust survivor. He's one hundred years old, wow. And he usually does the talk circuit of universities and just community groups and talks about his experience in Our Schwitz and he lost all of his family members in Our Schwitz and then was liberated from Our Schwitz and eventually made his way to Australia with his love. He's ard for over seventy years. But the thing about Eddie, he has this most beautiful message of positiveness for a man who you could understand could be bitter about his past. He is not at all, and he spreads happiness. We've got a clip of one of his talks.
Speaker 5: Good day, I teach and share happiness with everyone I meet. Happiness does not fall from this game. It's in your hands. If you're healthy and happy, you're a millionaire.
Speaker 4: Isn't it beautiful? So it's a really good book for right now. It's a book about resilience. It's a book about perception and staying positive and finding the beauty and every day, even though some days seem darker than others. So you can get it anywhere. It's called the Happiest Man on Earth. It's Eddie Baku and it's nineteen bucks at Big w but you can get it anywhere. The second thing I want to highlight this week is the penguin parade down at Philip Pilots.
Speaker 2: It's gone viral, It's got it all around the world.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. So we tuned in last night with ords to watch this. Seven hundred and seventy thousand people globally tuned in Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Nice, but this is a wow.
Speaker 2: We're looking for new things at the moment, we were running out of TV shows on stan and Netflix. We need new destructions. And I guess this isn't quite innocent about just penguins waddling into water.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. So there's thousands this about.
Speaker 2: So what do you see it here? You just see the penguins squishing in and sliding in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they come out of the water on dusk. So from six pm hit YouTube or Facebook.
Speaker 2: They we're now watching them live.
Speaker 4: Well I don't know, they might get stage fright, but they come out of the water and they burrow on dust, going to their burrows to sleep for the night.
Speaker 2: And it's going to have to check it out.
Speaker 4: Thousands of tourists go down to Philip Arlor, don't they. For years that's been going on and now we can finally see it live streamed and they narrate it. They have specialists talking about it. So Audrey loved it. We all loved it actually as a family.
Speaker 2: So then he started cheating on cake baking like that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing double Thumbs Up Friday. We talk on a Friday, but the things were into at the moment, Jack post, what have you got for us?
Speaker 6: I don't feel like we bring enough snacks into this segment. Double thumbs up. We're doing teas or movies.
Speaker 2: I've got dips today. Oh great, well, not one, but two dips.
Speaker 6: In the process of making these cakes, I had to get wheels for my tip truck, which we'll see later, and I summer upon these Oreos covered in Cabri chocolate. So it's two of the powerhouses of combined Oreo Cabri coming together.
Speaker 2: And how does it taste so good?
Speaker 6: I was in danger of eating too many that I wouldn't have any wheels.
Speaker 2: In the so it looked like your truck's been hijated.
Speaker 6: It came into box of twelve. I needed eight for the truck, and I actually was thinking, like, could I get away with just six wheels? Could have four wheels Oreo covered in Cabri and then another food based one. Bianker and I have been trying to find these places that do like a home delivery, but then you cook the meal that they would have had in the restaurant, but they give you like the sauces pre made, and they give you the wine from the restaurant. We found this great one that is only on online. We found them on Instagram called and you're gonna laugh at the name but they called pepe pasta.
Speaker 2: And for them very small serving.
Speaker 6: Pepe pasta. We found them on Instagram. Not to be I tried to google them and I couldn't even find their website. So just try and I guess look on Instagram. But the food they delivered, which is a really simple pasta to make, and then the sauce you just heat up and it was so delicious, Oh my god. Yeah, and then the bread it came with is just so awesome.
Speaker 2: I try that. So it's just pepe pasta on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Yep. And then the guy comes at like they deliver it in a pizza box, all the different ingredients you need, and you cook it at home.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? We're all looking for these things to do right now. We've got another couple of weeks ahead of us, and who knows what after that. Tomorrow night we're doing me and a couple of other friends. We're all doing it on Zoom and they keep trying to pull me back into Zoom because I refuse to do any more quiz nights. Anyway, they found something I have done. It turned up yesterday Tomorrow night for two hours, we're doing an online wine and cheese tasting send to you already got delivered the wine and the cheese, just like little samples and stuff like that, and you will go through it together some a couple of reds and some whitesnat but you do online together. There's a couple of us all doing it. Yes, I'm back on.
Speaker 7: Zoom Christian O'Connell show podcast, going around the team at the moment for double thumbs Up Friday.
Speaker 2: Anything we talk about on the show you can find on Facebook or Instagram. Along with Pepe Pastor, which Jack recommended earlier. It's a Christian O'Connell show. You'll find us there. Two dips from me. This comes from my obsession with the air fry. Weekends to me just means hanging out with Yeah, okay, family and all that, but really the air fry.
Speaker 6: What can I put in that magic black box?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Jack, it's all about that. The weekend begins with the air fry being turned on. Two dips here. First one this is I mean, it just makes me so happy. I'm putting it on everything at the moment, even toast in the morning. It is chili lime mayo.
Speaker 6: I know I would love that.
Speaker 2: Oh God, it's so good. The brand that make it they do, and a couple of other like really good ones, like a sousaid they do. It's very well. It's called Doodle's Creek. I don't know what they're doing down in that creek, but it is God's work. Who's going Christians coming up in a week's time. I'm gonna speak to one of the chef's there down at Doodle's Creek, mister Doodle, Oh, please cook me up with mister Doodle's. This chili lime mayo is mind blowing. I'm always buying various sort of dips and stuff like that. Sarah's maybe being on a hole for a while. But I was in the shop the other week and they'd run out of one and normally go to and I saw a guy go to get this, and I said to him, is that good? He goes, It's the best chili lime mayo I've ever had. Wow, you know I'm not. I'm quite easily sold to. I went. I bought not one, two of them in case it ran out again. And it is mind blowingly good.
Speaker 6: So what are you dip in at the moment?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 6: The cat my fingers.
Speaker 2: I've got the cats for anything. It's so addictive. The other thing is if you are going to be cooking as well, there's a lot of great barbecue sauces out there. The best one I've ever had, this isn't My recommendation comes from Hamish Blake and Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce.
Speaker 6: We got there. We got it as well.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 6: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 2: Now here is a snack genius. Dip it South. You put fifty to fifty the chili lime mayo from those geniuses down at Doodle's Creek. We're in the Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. You stir it together like a Marine rose sauce, and my friends, heaven awaits you. What is it?
Speaker 6: It's so doing it today.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it Jack, let me know asap, all right. The last thing is this actually was recommended by Jack on YouTube. There's a lot of great stuff on YouTube right now. If you're looking for a really good sign, it's my phone. If you're looking for a really good stand up special free of charge on YouTube, great American stand up, it's called Joe List. He's got a great stand up specially on YouTube. There's a lot of comedians now who're just trying to make some money. They're just putting their work out there for free on YouTube. Joe List brilliant. Brilliant looks like the kid you know that you had in new class at school. You can't believe that he's actually an adult, but really funny hour of comedy. The other thing that is so good on their still is your recommendation Jack about Rick Biatto.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, he's great.
Speaker 2: So this is a guy who's a musician and a producer and he breaks down songs intros, outros, drum feels, breaks it down And I'm not a musician, but the way he does it, and he walks you through how it's all made and recorded like classic songs and what makes them classic is fascinating.
Speaker 6: It will give you a better appreciation of songs because he'll say, like Oasis Wonder War, which is one we've talked about before, Like, oh, what Liam Gallagher does there is so clever. He goes from the first note of the scale to the sixth note of the scale, even if you don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: I don't quite understand the language and of the way music is recorded, but I just find it really interesting. Anyway, This week he's done this new one right. I'm a massive fan megafan of led Zep and one of those songs is called Ramble. On this one, it has an acoustic guitar intro on the one and only Jimmy Page. Many musicians have tried to recreate this and got nowhere near it. Lots of producers have tried to recreate this. They can't quite get the sound, even on pro tools. They can't reproduce because it's the alchemist Jimmy Page. Rick b Ato has done a ten minute special where he finally finally cracks it. He's tried it so many times. Just the intro of this had me fixed.
Speaker 8: As a music producer, I always loved the way songs were put together, especially the sonic elements of them, beyond the melody in the lyrics.
Speaker 2: I love sonics.
Speaker 8: I love sounds, guitar sounds, bass sounds, drum sounds, and one sound that I've always wondered about is the acoustic guitar from Rambalan led Zeppelin. When I did my what Makes a Song Great? On it, I sold the acoustic guitar and I thought, what is that? Doesn't sound like any acoustic guitar I have. About a month after it came out, Jimmy Page had a picture, this picture that was on his Instagram and he said it was from the making of led Zeppelin two. And I'm looking at it and I can see that he's playing in a major chord in the fifth position.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking that's like ramble on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I've got no idea what that means. But then he goes and tries to recreate the sound and it's almost there. Then he puts it through pro Tools, which is Commuter software which can do anything. It's not there. Then they have another look at the photo and he sees where Jimmy Page is holding his fingers, and he goes back and he nails it the whole It's only eight and a half minutes. It is fascinating, even if you're not a big led Zep fan. There's something about how unique sounds are made. You know, stuff that we hear that we don't really need to know how they make it, But when someone pulled back to the curtain, it's actually really really interesting. So can't recommend that his music videos on YouTube. If you've got kids that are into rock and roll, get them to check out Rip Byatto. He is brilliant on YouTube. It's all there for you.
Speaker 7: Christian I connell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday was the final bake day for this Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 9: But great Australia take.
Speaker 10: Off like give me cake, give me cake now.
Speaker 2: All right? So the last three days me, Jack and Pats have been trying to do a classic cake from the Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake book. The only person I really need to speak to on today's show is your mum. You know when she said the rocket broke her at one am when she did it, it broke me yesterday about half nine in the evening. Yep, I'm not the same person I was on the show yesterday. There's something that's been knocked out of me, and it's when that cake fell over yesterday at half nine. It's tilting like the leaning tower of pizza, which a rocket ship shouldn't do. It's it's not I try to do my best, but that looks a mess.
Speaker 6: It's an amazing photo that you put on your Instagram, a mid you got at mid fall. The photo that was taken yes literally with the pet.
Speaker 2: Panic on my face when I realized the hours are put into it. It was just I've got an uber in today so I could try and guarantee that it wouldn't fall over it yesterda even I was like, what's the point it's falling over in the kitchen. I don't even know how it fell over to I tell you what, though, there is a clear, clear, clear, clear, clear winner. As we would have thought. Anything Patsy does always does it one hundred percent. Your train looks better than the one in the actual book.
Speaker 3: I think that's too kind.
Speaker 2: Really is fantastic. It makes me want to be ten, and it'd be my birthday today. It is just if my mum made that for me, you'd just be the happiest kid in the world.
Speaker 4: I just, honestly, I was traumatized last night. By the time I was finished, it was.
Speaker 2: Took men by ten to seven.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wrapped up about six start.
Speaker 2: Until seven, And even the kids are like, what's you doing all day?
Speaker 11: Off?
Speaker 2: Putting off inevitable Jack? Yours looks great as well.
Speaker 6: At lest we all have an entry. I mean, I think we surprised ourselves this time yesterday we would.
Speaker 2: Have you think I should still send that to Matt Preston thought were just to send your two. He can't see that you've got it standing up a fairground sort of helter skelter.
Speaker 4: I reckon, you've got the hardest one, Christian, that's really hard.
Speaker 2: You sound like a teacher, and I was patting that kid on the head, you know, teacher.
Speaker 6: We're going to put a photo of each of them. The rocket, the tip, truck, and the train all have to go up because I think we've I think we've out done ourselves. I didn't expect him.
Speaker 2: To be Look, you two have outdone yourself. The rocket has done me. Okay, I tried everything. I gotta be honest. I didn't bother looking at the recipe after a while because there's not a lot on there.
Speaker 6: Just go after pictures and you can well.
Speaker 2: I think I went off the reservation with that state of that rocket today. It has got some sort of bass that you've made with it with like cardboard and Tim Foyle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's meant to, yeah, meant to look like rocket boosters. So I see that you've bought those in separately. Are you going to try to re constructed?
Speaker 2: Did that this morning before the show and it starts to fall over again. The base isn't strong enough for some reason, it's extra thick. Have you seen that rocket gets thicker at the bottom? As the kid said, Dad, you've made a mountain. Okay, kid's got hips and those hips don't lie, Jack, So are you.
Speaker 6: Gonna yeah the carbody made, which yesday I'll quote you are saying, will be the easy part.
Speaker 2: That's easy, really hard. Actually, every element to do with this was really hard. So I settle team obviously. Now we're shipping them over now to Matt Preston's house. So after seven o'clock this morning, live on air, Matt Preston's going to look at all of these and pick a winner and have his comments about what he actually thinks of all these cakes. Okay, mine needs to go in the stand to try and make it look a bit more rocket. Yeah, we want him to look like the I'm telling you now, once it goes in there, it's going over.
Speaker 6: So he's only going to split second message.
Speaker 2: A second ago, I see what's oh, and it's gone okay, So it's going to be really really quick. The timing of this is very important. This morning, we're going to put the photos up online on our Facebook page. And Instagram, so you can have a look now as well. Judging is going to be at ten past seven this morning. But I'll tell you what, Jack and Pats you work really hard. Yours both look really good.
Speaker 6: Wait, we've all worked really hard a hard see it in the cakes.
Speaker 2: Just hear the defeat in my voice. It really has U reily hated me.
Speaker 1: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jack Post two producers. Everyone knows. We're on the clock now to get these cakes to Matt Preston. He's got to be done by seven point thirty. He's going live to Sunrise to talk about Plate of Origin. His new TV show starts this Sunday night, seven o'clock on Channel seven. Jack Post two producers. One of them looks like he's off to do a shift right now at foot Looker with an unnecessary black and white striped shirt that he's got on the notice he's put a jump over the top.
Speaker 6: Level, get the size ten's out of the back.
Speaker 2: You turn up like that looking like Jimmy foot Locker. I'm going to say something anyway. They're in the left, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Please don't say what.
Speaker 2: They were just stuck in the lift for about a minute. None of the three of them will bother to press the down button. Actually, they're just sort of catching up about weekend plans anyway. One thing I've learned this week, many things I've learned this week about this been my first ever time baking a cake. One of the things I didn't wantize so much cleanup is I felt like it's in a Dexter episode, you know, just having to do the shoes clean up. There's this stuff everywhere. It's that real gloopy, thick, buttery congealed mess. You got to get the tat really warm. It's got grease butter all over your fingers and everything.
Speaker 6: If I could have my time again, I would like Dexter does put plastic down everywhere, it really did. Like the icing that everywhere, the icing sugar mixture, like.
Speaker 3: The bienna stuff that crane.
Speaker 6: Is just terrible.
Speaker 2: I was meant to use food diet just thought who cares?
Speaker 6: The food was the easiest part.
Speaker 2: I was just taking out stuff that I just thought I thought, I judged was not necessary. You need to get put vanill escence in it. W it doesn't matter, it doesn't. And the other thing I was using things in the kitchen I've never used before. Right, I didn't know he had something called a kitchen aid, and I didn't know that these are highly covered items. We brought it out from England three years ago. We've had it like six years. It's only when I was looking at Instagram all the comments and like every other person man and woman going oh yeah, I love those kitchen aid mixes, I'm thinking, oh right, I didn't even know how to tip it back.
Speaker 6: Well, the problems like.
Speaker 2: Higher equipment like a digger. To me, I'm like, there was one lever that flipped it back that had a lock on it, and another one that had ten different mixing speeds. Sure you only need too.
Speaker 6: And then it turns it on and the problem is the lock mechanism and the mix of speed look exactly the same. So I kept when it's in fully upright position with all the icing on it, I kept turning it on to I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to shining the chocolate factory everywhere.
Speaker 6: Last night I was looking at the absolute bomb site that I made in the kitchen with all this cake max.
Speaker 2: It's like a kid's been cooking, isn't it.
Speaker 6: And then remember that the football was on at this weird time of four o'clock in the afternoon. I wanted to watch the bombs play like a matine match, just like pleading with Bianca. Had to make a deal with her. If you clean up the kitchen, I'll make an extravagant date night on Saturday Night. I'll cook dinner, I'll do everything, There'll be candles, will vibe it out. Please. I don't want to look at that mess anymore.
Speaker 2: You do. So what are you going to do for date night?
Speaker 6: I have no idea that improvised I left over cake.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you want to go and see some amazing sites I want to not ser facing site, go on to our Facebook page or Instagram, whichever you're into more. Having a look for the Christian O'Connell show, you will see the three cakes that the next fifteen minutes on the show are going to be judged by Matt Press Christian O'Connor.
Speaker 9: But great Australian cake.
Speaker 10: Off like give me Kate, Give me Kate now?
Speaker 2: So this week an idea that I regretted within hours once soon as the enormity of the task. We decided to take on one of the classic cakes that your mum's and dads you might have made for your kids over the years from the Women's Weekly. It's an institution forty years old. This year Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book. Some amazing cakes in there, some impossible feats of engineering. As we found out during the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 6: We tried to get the hardest cakes in there. We're not just making the number seven and the number one. We did. You did the rocket, I did the tip truck. Patty did the front cover of the train.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not the same person that spoke to you on the show yesterday. I have to be honest. Something has been altered in my DNA. I got broken by the rocket. It just it's taken something out of me today. I'm not the same person anyway. That's Coss Now live to guys back on our TV screens seven o'clock this Sunday night on Channel seven, Plates of Origin. It is the one and only Matt Preston. Matt, Good morning, Christian Jack Hay.
Speaker 12: You feeling that if you pitch are hard on the rocket the rocket man, that's legendary hard, you know, the train trainer, anything that's got height and his cake case.
Speaker 11: He's not designed to your buildings down. Its rockets out of sad. I speaking. If you don't get things right, if you don't bake it right, if you undercook it, it's like trying to build it mud.
Speaker 2: Well that's what it felt like yesterday evening for me to be honest, Matt. But listen, first all, thank you for doing this. At the moment, I know you're on TV doing Plate of Origin on Sunday Night. I've got to say, before I moved here about two and a half years ago, we were huge fans, me and the kids of Australian Master Chef. I thought it was a fantastic show. We used to prefer more than the British one. It was a lot more positive and supportive. I mean, I've never seen a TV show that had a cast bigger than the Game of Thrones. We're like five hundred contestants and someone only left every three months. Each episode was nine hours long. To love watching it, So thank you for doing this, man.
Speaker 11: And you could never know you can never know who was going to go home. They like Game of Thrones, you never know it was going to be who was going to be off next? Yeah, it's great. And I think and I think that positive that that kind of positive title also totally runs through play of origin positives. That's going to be joyous. Love of food is what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like the Food Olympics, is it matte?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Look, you know what I'd say, more like a World Cup. You know, you pick, you've got, you've got ten teams, you get your underdogs, you get.
Speaker 2: Your favorite in Australia crash put them all together.
Speaker 11: Well I'm not I'm not going to get drawn it drawd into that famous year when we both made the Qrner Finals and you are the great football and measures inventative and look, look, I think I think the idea is that you really want to see a kind of a snapshot of the best with any Every culture's got and every every country has got a couple of apps, sort of ripper dishes that they put up. Obviously France it's they have got a big, thick witch cookbook. But someone like Vietnam or or Venezuela, you know you got some delicious out there, you know, some great street through So I think I think that that's the idea we want to find out, want to find out some great so we also want to find out the stories behind those through and what those dishes mean to the seeds.
Speaker 2: So here here in Melbourne, hopefully you will have a representative of smashed ava you know, smeared avocado on to show the world what you do.
Speaker 11: And look, this is very interesting because you being being a new arrival to Australia class Australian food and smash davo, which is something that's obviously traveled around the world carrying the Melbourne flag with it where it was. I think a lot of people here still see Australian food as being you know, partner chips, you know that that kind of models for poe meat and three vegs. So it's it's nice to see the modern Australian team, you know, doing stuff that using digitous ingredients and that that reflects why australiing cuisines, which we've got so many different things to go through the meat three beds and the golden sirup dumplings and the parmi all the way up to that stuff is adopted like the Brits like like spaghetti, bolonnaise or butter chicken.
Speaker 2: Now listen to these cakes. You're about to see them, so outside the front of your house.
Speaker 11: Are I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Be scared. Two of them are really good, actually, Matt, two of them are very very good. And then there's the rockets. Okay, but do you have you got any memories of this because it's an institution, this book. You know, so many mums and dads, sleepless nights.
Speaker 11: And look, make it, make it, make it making comedy cakes you know, or that that kind of cake they grabbing stuff is. I love it. I mean I used to go to the Together to the Melbourne Show just to look a bit of the cake decorating section of the show, which is unbelievable. And I think everyone everyone's got you take pops, everyone got reinspired by decorating cakes. I'm more I'm more a slaps and butter writing on it and let let's get into it rather than intricate, intricate manufacturing of of a perfect reference replication of an Arty D two or or Yoda. But but I love the skill, and I love your bravery, and I'm going to start walking up now, and I love thee I put on my protective gear.
Speaker 2: For this Christian Christian O'Connell show Podcast let's say I go live to Matt Preston, who is in front of our three cakes. Matt described the carnage. Describe the scene.
Speaker 11: Oh, oh, dear, okay, well, you know, you know what it is. It's it's like someone's trying to hide the disaster. In the middle of the table, we we've we've got a rather a rather a lot of beautiful train sitting along. It's got it's got popcorn flowers, the steam coming out of it's it's it's funnel. We've got we're gonna go. We've got a dump chuck with the words jack beautifully piped and on there and and but that that's that's that's that's pretty impressive. It'sloadly with Dolly's And in the middle, we've got what looks like what looks like, oh, I don't know what it looks like. It looks like halfway were in a moose, between between a moose and a strange tower which I believe is supposed to be a rocket ship. And what concerns the most about the moose is that only most most about the most about the moose rocket ship is that is that whoever made this one didn't even bother to cover the cardboard wings or horns or or maybe their fins with silver foil properts. It's leaning. It's leaning. Okay, I do like the addition of sun prints all over it. But yeah, look I need a bit. I need a bit of time to soak in the cardige and to appreciate, to appreciate that the pain that's going into these fishes, because I can see that this wasn't easy.
Speaker 2: That much is clear.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 10: Right now, where's.
Speaker 9: Gastral like?
Speaker 10: Key, Give me Kate, Give me Kate now?
Speaker 2: Three cakes. There can be only one winner this week. Of the last forty eight hours, it's been like a road of trials and errors or errors for some of us. But there has to be a winner this morning in our first ever inaugural maybe last, great Australian Cake Off, three cakes. We went in hard, we went in big, We dared to dream. You picked three classic cakes from the Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book. Jack Post went for the tipping truck. Patsy went for the train. I went for the rocket. Live from the nature strip outside of his house right now, where all the best cake judging competitions are always done. We have Matt Preston, who's about to announce the winner.
Speaker 11: Over to you, Matt, right, Christian, My Matt's has your lines. Your line's breaking up. But I don't know when I'm here to judge a cake competition, a competition or stage and into I'm looking at the three cakes. We've got the train cake from Pats, We've got the rocket cake from Christian, and we've got the tip track cake from Jack. Now let's start off with the train cake. Wow. Wow. You know, you know, sometimes hard work pays off, and it's paid off in this case. This is a magnificent train. The red engine, a yellow and blue caboose, loaded with colored popcorn, beautifully dyed sound straps, wheels made out of mint slices. The detail here is amazing. The little colored ice lolly sticks that look that formed the form of the sleepers under the train. But the way we've got a little kind of almost what looks like polar mints forming the form of the couplings between between the train that's carriages, the smoke coming out of the the out of the swift role. Jimmy, Pat, your cake is magnificent. There's only one score I can give your cake and that's a ten on ten. It's so it's an example. It's an example about why great cape design makes things look brilliant. You've done a beautiful job. I've cut it open. The the cake looks homemade, and it looks tender. You've done a beautiful job. Okay, now the tip track you know, look, you know what I always think would take their prest You look at it. No, immediately, that's a tip truck. That then when you're half away there and and and what what what it says on the label and what you've given us on the table is absolutely a bright green trip tip truck. I'm slightly concerned about the fingernails or what like green fingernails on the front. And there's some sort of hood ornament, a hope or else it's something else, But that's tip track, load with lollies, a bed underneath of of Scotch fingers, bright green, bright green eyes thing, beautiful piping of the of the wind screen, and I'm particularly liking the piping of the I'm particularly liking the piping of the uh the little wintering wipe that that's really impressive. I would have probably liked, probably liked a little bit of a little bit more neatness. But but you know, it's a really creditible job. Let's just have a look at the cake. It's a little bit let's have a tap of it. You know that that that's something that sounds like it's a bit Oh, oh I might need to I might get that.
Speaker 12: Oh I'm trying to get it really.
Speaker 11: Uh well, well, you know, you know what you know, if you're going to build something with structural integrity, is important to to to get the cake right. Jack. Look, look, you know it's it's a it's a great cake for looking at. I'm not so sure about eating for but really, you know, Jack, you have absolutely crushed our last our last contestant. You have absolutely crushed the rocket cake. By by Christian, I mean your your your tip truck cake is maybe four points clear. You know it's it's it's a it's a solid seven and ten Christian o'clall. You've it looks like you've never baked before.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had it? I haven't. That's you're quite right. There is the first cake I've ever baked.
Speaker 11: And well, you know, and on which case you've got to be You've got to be commended. I think, I think, I'm sure Pat's probably baked that first cake, which he was about five. And your cake looks like look like it has been baked by by a five year old, but a five year old without a five year old with with with with aspirations. So you know, you know what, you got to say that it's not very good. The icing, the icing is come toy. It looks if you imagine, if you imagine, if you imagine that we got Picasso in to to imagine a rocket ship cake, it would probably look like this, a vague, a vain, vain kind of similarity. Look, if you, I would suggest lose, lose the wings die, the icing gray, and it could easily be be a kind of Game of Thrones tower you could we could probably get away with that. Maybe maybe fashion the wings into dragons and you know, improvise around around the line. But really, I think you probably need to stage what what's called in the trade of cake intervention, and once lockdown is over, I need to send Gary Meagan around your house give you a lesson, because because honestly, it's not that hard. Let one other question. I've got a horrid fig I mean, there's nothing wrong with using packet mix. But but have you cooked the pack mets. Let's go down the middle of the cake.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's oh.
Speaker 11: It's coming over. You know what, you know what, it's a it's a little bit dense. Christian is supposed to be a thundering. Is it supposed to be a spunder a breeze block?
Speaker 2: Ideally a sponge German.
Speaker 11: You know what, if you're going to build a tower, you're probably wanted to want to use bricks, and and you've managed you managed to transfer that transfer, transform that cake mix into what was very close to a brick. But you know what the mazing is. Yeah, yeah, you gave it a go. It is it did stand up. It is vertical, and and you know you're you obviously you're obviously rescue the cake by rebaking it. And I love you know, I'm being a bit I'm being a bit unfair here. And it's got the red cap on the top, it's got the it's got the spikes on the side with the candles, and I reckon if you were if you were a small kid going turning up to your party and your dad would bake that for you, you'd be beside yourself with excitement because because you know the hard work, the hours to sweat the page.
Speaker 2: Forty seven year old man, but a forty seven year old man has done us over two days from mark out of ten for the cake.
Speaker 11: Oh you look, look you know leok me honest, you understand that when myself and mannor and Gary Judge would we'd rerecord it.
Speaker 2: Please give me your theast mark out of ten.
Speaker 11: Matt, Well, well, if pats cakes are ten, then yours is probably a shoe. And I've got and i've that, I'd say i've played. I've said two of those points for having it go.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Patty, Well done, Patty a great winner. Well done, I deserve winner. When Patsy's cake does look it looks better than the one in the book, Well done, Pats.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, Matt Preston, thank you very much for doing that this morning for the last half an hour. You can catch Matt back on Place of origin. Brand new show starts seven o'clock Sunday night on Channel seven. Matt, hopefully we'll see you properly in the studio when we all get out of this. But thanks for being such a good bought this morning and doing.
Speaker 11: That, guys, lovely doing that. It was lots of fun. I'll tell you some video you'll love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, great, love to see you saying zero.
Speaker 9: Ten Christian Hello.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Beatty be honest, she got to be made up without? Ten out of ten judge by Matt Preston is very good.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, My mum will be so thrill.
Speaker 2: She told Audie how well she did. She got ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Oh and she did not help. She licked the Beaties. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure if we did fingerprint technology on that cake, we see.
Speaker 9: The only Yeah, okay, alrighty everybody.
Speaker 2: So yesterday on the show Time Waster was animal celebrities because there's alwayshigh brown here on the show, and Jack dropped a great fact about squirrels.
Speaker 6: A squirrel can survive impact from any high survive an impact from terminal velocity. So you could drop a squirrel from the sky and it'd hit the ground and it would run off and be alive. So I'm looking for other great animal facts like that. Who doesn't love a great animal fat Yesterday someone sent me one about seahorses. I know that seahorses mate for life lovely. But do you know that when they travel together under the sea, they do so holding hands?
Speaker 3: Oh that is sweet.
Speaker 6: I'll give you another seahorse fact. Please do this is I'm scratching out my memory here, but I think a seahorse can turn from male into female.
Speaker 2: Wow, phats just going? Oh nice for them?
Speaker 3: You know dragonfly.
Speaker 2: Today, David?
Speaker 4: Or how lovely dragonflies? When they mate, dragonflies make the shape of a love hearty cute?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It feels like a Hallmark card sort of thing. Car that's got no but a place in biology anyway. That's all looking for this morning. We won great animal facts though. Nine four one four one oh four three tesk, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning Christian. My amazing animal fact is that when our packers give birth, the term is actually unpacking.
Speaker 2: That is cute.
Speaker 6: That's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're unpacking the our packer.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good animal fact. You're not saying it's not a squirrel can't die.
Speaker 6: Why did you leave a big silence there?
Speaker 2: I didn't because I was just looking for some reaction from the team there. I like tess as fact. I think it's a lovely fact. I tell my kids this weekend.
Speaker 6: I think the squirrel is still the high water mark. I know I bought it to the table.
Speaker 2: I'm saying this, so you're saying the squirrel is a train of today's show. And Test arrived with what the dump truck? Or have you forgot the rocket? Rocket? Okay? She said the dump truck? Okay, all right, Tests, have a nice weekend, mate, take care.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, podcast, Christian O'Connell here, I hope you're well. Hope you had a good week right now. Then we'll turn the show over to you. We only want to hear about amazing animal facts. Jack has given us a great one. Have you got another one that's as good as his square? Or one? Jack? Once more? Please?
Speaker 6: I read just this week. A squirrel can survive impact at terminal velocity, so it could drop from any height, land on his feets, and squirrel away.
Speaker 2: Christian dolphins and humans are the only animals that mate for pleasure.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I said yet, seen it, experienced it.
Speaker 2: Dolphin boy. We call him every day he's down there.
Speaker 4: Dogs, though they're always keen to hump a leg, can't they be.
Speaker 2: Seen as listen. This is called speculate about animals doing it? Okay, China, as always do a family fun show. I don't want to hear about dogs dry humping people's legs.
Speaker 6: I think after eight what do it?
Speaker 2: Animal mating facts? Alright, Debra, thank you very much your dolphin in fact, Patsy, take it easy just because you want the cake competition.
Speaker 6: We don't need friskys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave, good morning, Good morning, Dave. What's your amazing animal fact for us?
Speaker 11: A dog can smell a steak on the moon?
Speaker 2: I mean, how can they test that? I mean, he's at a barbie on the moon and the dog's on ah. Do you hell? That smells great? He's going to burn that though?
Speaker 6: Is that buzz?
Speaker 2: How is this quantifiable?
Speaker 11: Dave?
Speaker 2: I want to believe it. I want to imagine it. That's why dogs bark at the moon. How do you know this, Dave?
Speaker 11: It looks it came from a very unreliable source.
Speaker 14: Just you know, it's just full of fact that it is completely unchecked.
Speaker 2: Patsy. We called her headed news. Thank you very much. John, good morning.
Speaker 11: Lake Christian. Did you know that see ors when they sleep they hold hands so they don't Crystal Park.
Speaker 2: This is just it's something with the sea horses traveling together holding hands. I love that, John, What a lovely thought.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's one of my favourites.
Speaker 2: It's lovely.
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 2: Nature just better behave at times than us humans are where we get it wrong?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, John, very much.
Speaker 6: You called not a problem.
Speaker 2: I think it was making for pleasure. No, stop it, Pat Terry, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Christian. Did you know did you know that how a wolves how a specific frequency that doesn't echo.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I do you know that a duck's quack cannot echo really same frequency?
Speaker 6: I believe maybe they're talking to each other, the ducks and the wolves.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and thirty eight mega hurts. You don't know two hundred and thirty seven anything in between that's no.
Speaker 7: Echo, Christine, Christian o'connald Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Were looking find animal facts. Animal facts is what we're looking for right now. But amazing animal facts in the lead at the moment. It's the fact if you just children this morning, you're now going to get an amazing animal fact to tell all your friends about this weekend. Dogs can smell a steak on the moon. I want to believe it.
Speaker 6: I want to believe it, but I don't think it's ever been tested.
Speaker 2: Someone's are come in on text, good morning Dean.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 2: A dog can't fake a yawn?
Speaker 6: Why would it want?
Speaker 2: Why would want to?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 2: And Hi there, little boy? How are you? And he's going, I'm not this again? Yeah, so tired. It's good to bed. I don't want to go out for that walk. They're always up for shamigs dogs, aren't they? Even if you wait them from a deep slumber and throw a ball, they're like, ges go it, yes, come on, let's go. All cockatoos are left handed o. Yeah, well left winged. Yeah. Female bats give birth while hanging upside down, catching the baby in their wings as it drops.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a great one. Bald eagles voices sound so ridiculous that Hollywood and TV shows dub their voices. We're trying to find audio of this. I need to hear. Does a bord eagle sound? Dolphins back to them again. Dolphins have lifelong wingmen to help them find other mates. I do do this already. In the New Scientists a couple of years ago that dolphins have kind of names for each other. They recognize each other even if they haven't seen it for each other.
Speaker 15: A couple of years ago, Steve, yesterday, Dave, they still went around, you know, Dave, And unlike most big cats, tigers love to swim.
Speaker 2: Who knew Dave's on the line, Dave. What amazing animal facts have you got for us? Mate? Good morning morning, Christian? Yeah, good well, I hope you're safe and well.
Speaker 11: Dave? What's that?
Speaker 14: What's your amazing fact? That the certain species of spiders and also butterflies that every year migrate or trans migrate from Europe all the way across the North America on the golf stream.
Speaker 2: Trans fly, trans migrate word for the day. They're people migrate, not migrate, they're trans migrating.
Speaker 14: Yes, they go from one country to another from Europe all across.
Speaker 2: I thought they went from one sex to another outstair traveling. That's quite amazing.
Speaker 14: They travel something like ten thousand plus kilometers in the golf stream.
Speaker 2: What's a fly will do that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 14: What they do the spiders and the butterflies together, No, they don't, otherwise the spiders would have a snack them the way over.
Speaker 11: I reckon.
Speaker 2: It's like peanuts and a long hal.
Speaker 6: I know I shouldn't eat this because it's it's helping me travel to the USA, but I'm so hungry yet.
Speaker 14: What the spiders do Christians? They go to the highest part of where they live, into a tree, for example, they put up a spiret, and that gets longer and longer and longer. Eventually gets picked up by the wings and they get taken up into the golf stream and then they fly all the way across the world.
Speaker 2: Come, you've been up the absence overnight? No, No, I've not seen that sort of hallucinate. This one lay off the accents day.
Speaker 14: Scientists wondered years ago how these species of spiders got into North America and they die. Some studies and they found out that's how they go.
Speaker 2: They transmigrate just to get to the airport and hop on a plane and getting some luggage, isn't it would.
Speaker 14: They The amazing thing about it is that actually semi freeze while they're up there, so high up that they go into a sort of coma and semi freeze all the way across.
Speaker 2: Get touched into the free wine.
Speaker 6: That's to travel.
Speaker 2: I love transmigrating.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 14: Christian it's one of the most amazing facts.
Speaker 2: That's a great one.
Speaker 14: More species of spiders and butterflies fly all the way across the world to North America from Europe.
Speaker 2: Ye brilliant, Dave. Thank you very much. Have a good weekend, mate, Stay safe.
Speaker 1: Christian hell Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're looking for amazing animal thanks this morning. Kangaroos and EMUs can't walk backwards. That's why they're not on the Australian cut of arms because as an you go forward, it's not backwards. Thank you very much. Yeah, yeah, Now, someone texted in earlier about the fact that bald eagles their voices sound so silly that Hollywood dubs their voices. We've got audio. Now this is the screech of a bald eagle. I don't know me, but I don't find that silly.
Speaker 6: It's just it's more I guess it's more high pitched, I would say, than what you expected.
Speaker 2: What do you want to be.
Speaker 9: My eagle?
Speaker 2: Watch out? I tell you what is amazing? Have you ever heard of tortoise? Mate? Get ready for this. We told my new producer go and get this. I could tell you wasn't sure. This is amazing.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 6: Where did you find.
Speaker 2: A sort of nature documentary? Once right, I paused it was laughing so hard.
Speaker 9: This is a tortoise mating.
Speaker 2: It's like an old ma hanging upstairs. Go on, tarry the tortoise. Wow, amazing. All right, then let's go to lines. Right now, we've got Sebastian on the line. Good morning, Sebastian.
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, any morning. You're playing out clips of tortoises mating. It's a good show. Sebastian. What's your animal fact?
Speaker 14: The fact is that bears can climb trees faster than they can run.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying. Yeah, so they might be just they might be just walking behind you and you're out running thinking I'm getting up this tree, because they're already thinking once you get up, you see me kind out that tree, I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Bread and butter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you don't even know that about bears. That's a lesser known fact about the bear. Heyept, that's a great one, thank you. Yeah, he knows it was great as well. Catch catch catch catch up, catch you back Darren, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning j Him.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good. Down he got an animal.
Speaker 14: Fact for Yeah, look the giant Pacific octopus.
Speaker 11: He's got nine brains and three hearts.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: And blue blood?
Speaker 2: Well check another one of the same as the old Queen the old lizard lady.
Speaker 6: Fact, you've changed your tune since you first got here?
Speaker 9: Is that right about?
Speaker 2: So nine brains for the octopus. Correct, at the end of the tentacles, Well, they're they're within the arms and one in the head.
Speaker 6: Yeah, brain's in the arms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess because they're so far away from the actual mother Load. I don't know, Jack, I've always want to say mother Loader on the radio. Done it? Check out our life? Go long? Okay, Taran, thank you very much. You call me every good weekend. Let's move on. Patty, Good morning, Patty's everything's going to be giddy today. I think it's had too much cake mix last night for me, Patty, what's your amazing animal fact?
Speaker 16: Good morning, Christian. Did you know you could burn goldfish?
Speaker 2: You can burp a goldfish?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 6: Wow, like you burp a baby.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 14: No, no, you're similar.
Speaker 16: When they're laying on their side, you you rub their stomach area slightly until they burn, and then they're laying up up. Then they're upright again.
Speaker 6: Why have you got them on their side? Shouldn't you keep them in?
Speaker 16: Do you think they did? When you think they did, they're flyting on their side in the water. It's because they need burking, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the kids out pet goldfish and sounded they all died. They got a goldfish? Is e called popeye?
Speaker 6: What were their eyes swell up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's horrible. Their eyes like bulge out. They're dead, floating on the surface. I didn't realize if I've got them ount of gaining a litle tummy, Robbie might have just had a bit of introgestion. Gassie in the eye that springky food, rich Darren, good morning.
Speaker 12: Woodpeckers have an air at the end of their tongue so they can listen to the insects inside the tree.
Speaker 6: That is that's great.
Speaker 2: You know what that's like a stethoscope, isn't it from nature's candle?
Speaker 12: Similar?
Speaker 2: I gets it, Darren, Thank you very much. You cool. Might have a nice week, can you do that?
Speaker 16: Christian Day?
Speaker 1: Hello Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Last Time Waster of the week. Maybe there this week? Great Bryce, great service as well. Discrepancy records. Seventy thousand LP's available online Google Discrepancy Records. You've got one hundred and fifty dollars worth of vinyl. You know I came out today in nineteen ninety one, I remember buying it on vinyl Pearl jams. Ten. Oh my god. Yeah, I'm gonna listening to that night family. Be really pleased to hear a cake pitchers crying the hours. The sad thing is whether you get ten out of ten or for me a very jet Rio just said to me, because he was there right with Matt Press's, he said, it was a really generous two out of ten that I got. Oh, come on, we saw the state of that cake. You should have gotten nothing, I.
Speaker 6: Think marked for I can't believe it stayed up the whole morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Yeah, Patsy's the winner. Patsy's an amazing cake, got ten out of ten and deservedly so as well. She did an amazing job. All right, then, so baking movies, with all the baking this week on the show, has this opened up a love of baking for the show. No, I will try again.
Speaker 6: Next week, really, yeah, no, you won't.
Speaker 2: I guarantee put money on it.
Speaker 6: You'll try and build the rocket again next week.
Speaker 2: No, not doing the rocket. I'm going to try and make a cake next week, a basic cake. I just want to know I can make a cake.
Speaker 6: Had about double the icing left over, and Bianca said, oh, well we can bake something else and use the green icing on that. It goes in the bin.
Speaker 2: All right, are your baking movies today? Pi Rex of the Caribbean, PI Rex the dish.
Speaker 6: Don't know it, it's clever.
Speaker 3: It's a brand of casserole dishes.
Speaker 6: She said, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well she's queened the cakes today, so Patsy marked that one.
Speaker 6: Please give that a go.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Two out of ten. Rocket Man Gold, Fairest Buder's Bakeoff. Fairest Buder's bake Off. Oh brother, we're tart thou Silver plus much ado about muffins. Gold, Thank you Jack. What have you got baking movies?
Speaker 6: Scones in sixty seconds?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Silver for functionary.
Speaker 6: Twenty four hour Tarti people.
Speaker 2: Oh no, gold, that's very good, twenty four hour Tarti people.
Speaker 6: The perks of being a corn flower.
Speaker 2: Bronze.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's obvious. Obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Curious case of Benjamin butter.
Speaker 2: Silver.
Speaker 6: I'll finish, I can do.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time out to mark the time waster. Today's we an the week of shows? Who are baking on the show, it's baking movies, frosting, nixing, right start Gold, what and Tim Master Baker and Commander Gold Sifting Private Rhyne Silver, When Harry baked Sally Silver? Dude, where's my cross on?
Speaker 6: Silver?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not strictly. Ten things I hate about chew. It's a type of pastry, isn't it chew pastry?
Speaker 6: Maybe they're just talking about chewing on the baker goods either way, Bronze.
Speaker 2: Either way, Sorry, Chitty Chitty bun bun, Gold cakes on a plane, Gold, David in Sunbury World done, the Dark Cape Rises, Silvern, Silence of the roast, Lambs silver.
Speaker 6: Not really a bake, No bronze hundred.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, where's my structure in this rocket cake? Some's obviously seeing the photo Gold, the Hunt for the Red Velvet Cake Silver, mars Pan's labyrinth. That's very clever.
Speaker 17: Yeah enough, funny bronze flank Tanna, silver, rush flower, deer gold, Harry's batter and the Philosopher's Scorn, Silver, toofa The.
Speaker 2: Whisk of Oz Silver, Beauty in the Yeast Deer Gold, Risky Biscuits, Guardians of the Ghetto Silver, ten Things a hair about YouTube recipes, Gold, the ads is the ads, Menisteric Cakes, Rising in the Oven, Silver, Eat Prey Loaf, Gold, blend it like Beckham silver and finally today glazing Saddles.
Speaker 6: I think it's gonna be risky biscuits.
Speaker 2: Risky biscuits. It has to be. You've got one hundred and fifty dollars to go and spend, get whatever vinyl you want at Discrepancy Records. All right, then here's what happened this morning, after three days of furious baking action on our first over great Australian cake off, Are we ever going to do this again?
Speaker 11: No? I am not.
Speaker 6: You can bake as much as you like. You get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but I can't say it was overly enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Right. So what we did the Classic Woman's Weekly this is forty years old this year, the Classic Women's Weekly Children's cake Bookcake. We each chose a recipe from it. We did pick hard ones. That's fair to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would, I say, we have the three hardest in the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patsy went for the train, and a Jack went for the tip truck, and I went for the rocket. This morning, live on air, Matt Preston back on TV this Sunday night, plate of Orange and brand new show from him as a seven o'clock on sunder Night on Channel seven. Here's what he had to say about the cakes.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, okay, Well, you know, it's like someone's trying to hide the disafter in the middle of the table. Yeah. Oh, I don't know what it looks like. It looks like halfway between a mood and a strange tower, which I believe it is supposed to be a rocket ship. Your cake is magnificent. There's only one score I can give your cake, and that's a ten on ten it's okay. Now the tipcrack there's a solid seven and ten. Christian O'Connell. It looks like you've never faked before it and on which case you've got to be commended.
Speaker 2: But the forty seven year old man's done us over two days from mark out of ten for the cake.
Speaker 11: Yours is probably a shoe help to those points for having it go.
Speaker 1: Zero.
Speaker 2: Well done. Patsy deserved winner as well. Check out all the photos on our Facebook page and Instagram as well. Tyler. Today's show is Steak on the Moon. We are back Monday. Monday is seven Days to Go and to Who's Calling Christian twenty twenty Christian
Speaker 7: Christian christ Oconnell, Christian o'connald Show Podcast