Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: I saw this TikTok again. All the tiktoks that I like that I bring to the show don't have audio. They're simply text space. What can I say. I'm a writer and a fantastic one of that. If you ask flex mine.
Speaker 3: She's a fantastic one.
Speaker 1: She has one fan it is me, Thank you, queen. This is very interesting.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking a lot about the initial stages of dating someone and the emotional Rollercoat said that that is some people are built different and can handle it. Others become an emotional wreck. Now, this TikTok says.
Speaker 3: It's from the username of the therapy girl underscool.
Speaker 2: Underscore me when I learned that dopamine release is highest during romantic uncertainty, which is known as anticipatory dopamine. So if you're out here chasing them, waiting for their text, hurting yourself with the inconsistency, so you think it doesn't mean something. Wait, so you think it means something, it doesn't. It's not your soulmate, and you've got to come join me on my therapy podcast. Incredible branding there, I forgot that.
Speaker 1: It was a brand house.
Speaker 2: I was just deep in it, and I got to say, I think this is a theory that holds up.
Speaker 1: Been thinking about it a lot lately.
Speaker 2: With my girlfriends and also having conversations with other people. I believe that when it comes to dating, it's the one topic that every single person in the world young old toddler ninety year old actually cares about. Like I was at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago and just talking about dating. It was actually with Chantell Oder and the sexologist, incredible sexologist, and at her house like.
Speaker 1: She had friends over.
Speaker 2: It's like a very communal, big fun house. She had these people over that I had never really met before, three guys and one of their girlfriends, and we all sat on the couch having dinner together. I hadn't met any of them before. And I was talking about dating with Chantell because of course she's a sexologist. And I was telling this thing. Why does everybody's eyes light up the minute I start.
Speaker 3: You say dinner party and we're hoping, just praying someone out there is struggling and needs advice.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna say? Oh, he didn't text? Let me see them moroble.
Speaker 3: Okay, our eyes can listen with joy.
Speaker 2: It's honestly sickening. But dope meine and romantic uncertainty. As you know, I'm very interested in dope mein amongst other chemicals. Do I really understand how they work it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Have I listened to five episodes of human and I've made up my whole personality trait?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it the only way that I connect with men? Potentially?
Speaker 3: Do you remember? I don't know what we were reading or talking about a couple of weeks ago, but they were saying, how like if we're talking about the way dope mean and serotonin affect like men and women differently, the way that I read it, I'm going to describe it like a game. Okay, So, like the way that men receive dope mean is like more potent or like whatever than the way women receive it. We live in a very dope mean fueled well, and so women should be also focusing on like increasing their serotonin because it's like they're able to like get more value from serotonin, whereas dope mean it's just very like highs lows highs lows. Serotonin's more sustaining or whatever. This person on the internet seb and you get dope mean by like these quick tasks, right, like scrolling a video, funny joke, funny joke, eat nice food. Dope mean you get serotonin and like oxytocin from like cuddling and sharing a compliment and speaking about your feelings and feeling safe. All of those things are far more sustaining ways to feel good.
Speaker 2: I don't know who said this because I'm wondering if it's sexist coded, because.
Speaker 1: Everything is sexist coded. Look at the world we live in.
Speaker 2: No o, babe, But let me have this one the one time I try to talk about it.
Speaker 1: It's amastic, Moniker.
Speaker 2: Dope mean is not only about reward. It's also like you get dope mean from it like encourages you to go for things.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a thing that spurs you on.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was just like I ate Krispy Kreme, I have dope mean, But it's like dope mean pushes you to go for the Krispy Kreme, to pursue the person, to pursue the job, YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: Because you know the lengths that one goes through for a vice, right, like, let's say, think of the lengths you've gone to to like get like a cheeky maca's meal when you're hungover, on your on your deathburd yet somehow you muster up the energy to go brush your teeth, put on us it, leave the house, get your keys, get in the car, drive down the road, turn left, go up, go through the drive through.
Speaker 2: Speak horrible, imagine literally, that's why the mac is up is incredible.
Speaker 1: Shut up? Where are they gonna give me money? Guy? This is actually absurd.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you haven't got any money from you that talking about it every newsletter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's too desperate.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.