Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast. Hey we're back. It's Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Today we're going to be talking about j LO. Jennifer Lopez, now known as Jennifer A. Fleck changed her name. I'm unsure of that, but also it's her prerogative. It's her choice. FLEXI will be changing your last name even when you get married.
Speaker 3: If it sounds good like my initials at LA currently, you can't really get any better than that. But if it rolls with the tongue, it's tricky. Because my name's Lillian, it doesn't like Lillian Price. Oh oh, if I had a brother, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got a brother.
Speaker 2: I could be Listender Henkenhi, that's giving strong.
Speaker 3: People think I'm German because of my last name, and I think, yeah, I think that if you had that last name, they think you're German too.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even tell you you've never heard of it. Pretty cool and unique. I'm not going to change my name purely because my name is Litender Price.
Speaker 3: It's a great name, isn't it sounds good? I mean some people have names that are worth changing. It's either it's not flowing, it's not memorable. It's just not giving. If you're going to do the paperwork, I would change both names, like I would add if I'm changing my surname, I'm making flex my legal name yep, Lilian Flex. Maybe I'd hyphenate it or whatever. Then I'd add in a middle name for flavor.
Speaker 2: Like then.
Speaker 1: Give me something to work with, babes, give us something Rose.
Speaker 3: Aurora, something nice, you know. And then I don't know if I would fully change my name. We've got a hyphenate, babe, you change your name, husband, he'll change.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I'm thinking. Middle name Froomes. Obviously I don't need to legally change that. Anyone wondering I do get the DM every month makes me realize that you don't really care about me, because if you did, you'd know my middle name's friends. I'm going to name my child Heath Froomes Price after your mum.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's sweet.
Speaker 2: You got to keep the Frooms in the name because obviously it's going to die out. My sister and I the only Frooms left in the whole world.
Speaker 1: Well, there was Paul Frooms. I did google him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, not related though. If you're not giving me an inheritance, were.
Speaker 3: Not related anyway, today's episode.
Speaker 1: You're only gonna have a boy child. I don't want a boy child. But you're gonna name You're gonna name her Heath. I'm gonna name her. Give me a sec. Okay, I think I've.
Speaker 2: Told you this Rosie and Ellie, because I told my grandma told you this year. No, I told my grandma when I have a baby, I'm gonna have purple hair and name my kids Rosy and Ellie.
Speaker 1: I see that's so clear. I'm not gonna be a ballerina, obviously. I see it so clearly. I believe you.
Speaker 2: Ellie and Rose though, like they're not my favorite names. I do love Ellie, but like it's very common.
Speaker 3: I like floral names, but again they've been done. And don't you want a unique kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you give him a bit of a complex.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call my kid Remington. You call him Remmy.
Speaker 2: Remington is a brand of appliance flax.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about.
Speaker 3: Like I'm gonna continue my mom's like colonizer name thing you got Max?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Remington is like rim job. What I'm just giving room job? Anyway, continue, we need like.
Speaker 3: A bow bizarre And then I'd call him Billy or something, give him like interest flavor, and then his middle night would be like rex Pyro Pyro, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like pyromaniac?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I remember like one of my old bosses, her kid's name is Jet and I was like, thank you for adding some slavor into this kid's life.
Speaker 1: She was big in two thousand and four. Probably that feels like the age of the Kid and the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go on with the show with one final thing. Okay, you see trends, and as a parent, I'm thinking, like, don't you want to go against the trend?
Speaker 1: Or is that me having a god complex? What is the trend?
Speaker 2: Right? Like? The trend is like yeah, things like Remington and like Earnest and y and yeat, Like, leave my king.
Speaker 1: Out of this.
Speaker 3: Either way, it's gonna have a classical name that's good for optics, a feral name that's just the fun joke that's taken too far, Like call him him Steggles, that's my king.
Speaker 1: Never like is that your real name? Yeah, my mum's really cool Ingham Chicken. I'll call him Remington's Pigeon Pattinson.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough, Tom Foller, let's get into the podcast.
Speaker 3: Flicks and today we are celebrating the launch of Netflix's brand news show Heartbreak High Wow. It is what it sounds like, high school based series, but it's from an Australian perspective because everybody is in it is Australian and not in like a weirdly stereotypically like. I don't resonate with this at all. It's cool, I really I'm liking the vibe of it.
Speaker 2: Directed by Graciotto, a great young Australian director.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: And to celebrate that, we're talking all things high school now. Yes, we're a couple of years out of it, not too many, not too much now I'm twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a couple.
Speaker 3: But not too much. We can't reflect on what that was like for us now. In particular, I want to talk about sex. It's a huge theme in the show. Naturally, it probably is the cornerstone of what happens. Look, let me not give anything away. I don't know anything, but I have read a few spoiler articles. But I was thinking about what we did or did not learn in sex lit the class with theyre supposedly meant to tell you all about the birds and the bees and what you are meant to do and I'm not meant to do. But I don't recall receiving anything quite helpful, did you?
Speaker 1: Honestly?
Speaker 2: The only thing that I remember is very stereotypical, and sometimes I wonder if I just made it up?
Speaker 1: Is year nine learning how to put a condom them? Oh the banana thing? I feel the same way. Did that really happen? Or do we make it up? Do it yourself? Yeah? I never once have put a condom on anything. It's not my job. What on anything? It's not my job. Have you ever tried to do it? It's not my favorite task. It's not really ever done it. And I do I have because safe sex is the best sex.
Speaker 3: Putting a little ferret Okay, not too much? Sorry, sorry, but yeah that's a big thing, because let's push that to the side. Then if we don't recall whether or not we were taught how to put on a condom, then what did we learn. I do remember the rhetoric that if you have sex you will get pregnant or an STI that was a given number one. And also sex is what parents do.
Speaker 2: I got the slideshow of this is what Gonneria looks like whoa all the different sexual transmitted infections.
Speaker 3: Like actual images, like photos, not just illustrations.
Speaker 1: Private school is different.
Speaker 2: That's going to pick the field that I die on Travis School.
Speaker 1: Private school is dear friend, I can imagine too.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a class you would have taken seriously because I think that it was maybe in third that we weren't taking it seriously.
Speaker 1: So we didn't.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, girls, now, I know that you don't want to listen to this, but and so we just acted accordingly. And I'm sure at the time there would have been active teenagers in the class. But even so, I just felt like, do you know what it reminded me of. It reminded me of going to UNI and having my lecture would be like, well.
Speaker 1: This is all theory.
Speaker 3: You'll learn the practical stuff when you are in the workforce. Yeah, that's kind of what what sex lit felt like. You know, it's all theory and you'll know what you need to know when you're out there getting it in.
Speaker 2: Totally getting near it, getting near it definitely definitely theory. When I had sex lit, I was very far away from doing anything, but my friends weren't so it was good to like corroborate with them. So is this really how it goes? Yeah, they tell me yes or no. A bit scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the gossip that hearsay, here's how and do you really like Yeah, yeah, definitely. And everyone was always so enthusiastic and definitely like, oh yeah, that's definitely how it goes. Nobody would ever say that's not how it goes, or I don't know what I'm talking about, or like I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What that is. You have to feign it. You have to feign it. That's too much.
Speaker 3: Well, good news is Heartbreak High comes out tonight only on Netflix, and to celebrate the launch of the new series, Netflix is inviting all of us to the Heartbreak High Uniform Shop. It's open only this Saturday and Sunday at five twenty King Street, Newtown, Sydney. Go there, get some threads, meet some people, reminisce on the good old days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to have a bit of a flashback Friday. Yeah, flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: I freemymy old Yes, live in a shond Pisces loves a croc and a chicken schnitzel sandwich eaten with a knife and fork.
Speaker 1: Say no more. That is my life now.
Speaker 2: I live with one other woman. Her name is Izzy. She is single, brown hair.
Speaker 3: What I thought she's in a relationship. Nah, who's the ones I've got a boyfriend recently.
Speaker 2: Oh, Eliza my bestie. Okay, easy, I live with her another bestI of easy Isa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I say she's single because we're both very eligible and it's nice to put it out in.
Speaker 1: The oph Yeah, of course me too, Me too, And don't you forget it? Are we gonna tell a friend when we become coupled?
Speaker 3: No, okay, I'm doing the big reveal. What I got something to show for it.
Speaker 1: Because I've been questioning.
Speaker 2: I saw someone on your Instagram story the other day, but it must have been a woman, but also no shaded if it.
Speaker 1: Was a man, we do a soft launch anyway.
Speaker 2: I say this to say me and my housemate's us two together, and I get a bit lonely at night. Okay, it's a loneliness that is subliminal. For example, I'm not sure if this is related, but I've been struggling to get to sleep lately. My throat is closing over. I still haven't gone to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: We should figure it out, like as a priority. I don't like that for you, it's really gross.
Speaker 2: So I thought maybe a stop gap is to sleep with somebody. So last night cooked for ravioli with my housemates. Good into compensation, Yeah it was. I said, do you want to sleep in my bed tonight? We should have a sleepover, like get all giddy and excited, and she said.
Speaker 1: Yeah we' She was receptive. Yeah, She's like, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: So she slept in my bed last night, brought her own pillows in. I slept like a baby, really.
Speaker 1: To the point where I want to tell her sleep my bed again. Should we just do this.
Speaker 3: You to reduce her rent for that she's putting in work in her own house.
Speaker 2: But it was great and she got a good sleep too.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is, because I'm one of those people who doesn't sleep well next to someone because.
Speaker 1: I'm a log and I'm out right.
Speaker 3: But I didn't know I was a light sleeper until I would find myself irritated by someone moving or shaking or adjusting the blanket. It all just feels contrary to what I need, which is stillness, silence, and consistency of temperature, of movement of noise. You can't have that with someone there. But I'm glad it's working for you. I think it's interesting how you were able to I guess like phrase it in a way that wasn't It sounds strange, but I guess like she was keen, so it's not strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's no tension there, simply vive. So what are you gonna do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to try and convince her nightly once a week night before I set over at my other girlfriend's house, slipping in her bed.
Speaker 1: But what's going to happen though through me? When you develop?
Speaker 3: Because clearly now that you're aware that when you are sleeping alone it's feeling difficult or whatever, we deduce that when there's someone else in the bed it's helpful for you. But will you build a tolerance where right now it's slightly difficult to sleep alone? But what if you never can do it again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to find a partner or a chuaba. Yeah, maybe a dog will help. Yeah, I think it would.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, babe, But I love hearing it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately for you know, women, the gender pay gap has increased in the last six months. It was thirteen point eight percent and now it's fourteen point one percent. So what that means is that a.
Speaker 1: Full time male will earn.
Speaker 3: Eighteen hundred and seventy dollars and ninety per cents as opposed to a full time working woman will earn sixteen hundred and nine dollars. That's a difference of two hundred and sixty foot dollars a week. And we have to remind ourselves that the gender pay gap is not referring to men and women being paid differently for the same job. No, it's the difference between average earnings between men and women. So rip, let's get our sh money up, girl bosses for the win.
Speaker 1: Very so let's start firing. What's that not?
Speaker 2: How is it that we've become becoming more progressive in thoughts and vibes and yet the paper is not well?
Speaker 3: This might mean that maybe we aren't becoming more progressive in thoughts and vibes. It's a sham, it's smoking mirrors. It's good for optics, but not in practicality.
Speaker 1: It's very upsetting.
Speaker 3: For now, it's not great but we'll keep a close eye on it. Thank goodness for the Daily US for that piece of news.
Speaker 1: Big Daily Os fans here. It's huge.
Speaker 3: If you want like news that's easy to digest, that you don't have to sift through a bunch of words to get to like the nuggets, I would recommend them. It's on Instagram too, so didn't need to type anything else.
Speaker 1: This is flex and froomes on Now.
Speaker 3: The kind of news I like is the kind that is almost like watercooler talk, like you don't need to know that all the details, but it's something I'm going to tell the next person you interact with.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about so and so?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: What happened? So?
Speaker 3: Heather Morris, who you might remember as the blonde girl from Glee Cheerleader but Yes, was on a podcast recently and her and the co host were having a little bit of a chin wag about Virgo season, and that reminded Heather that she has this amazing.
Speaker 1: Story to tell about Virgos. Right, love it? What is it?
Speaker 3: She recalled being at an audition for Jlo and Jello's been in the press a lot recently because I guess you know, she's getting remarried to Ben Affleck. They were together once before and now twenty years later, their bag it's really like cute and amazing or whatever. But anyway, she has this like hot sip and I'm oster Dome. I'm like, I don't know if I would share this, Like if I had some juicy goss about one of our industry peers, I would.
Speaker 1: Keep that off the record. Shit with me, yeah, but off the record.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I'm not like I would gossip with you, and we'll keep coming back to it for weeks at a time. But this is like to the world anyway, and Jennifer is definitely gonna see this anyway. So Heather says she's at this dance audition, and she explains how like, most of the time at a dance audition, you're not getting paid to be there, and you've been there since ten am learning the choreography. You're auditioning until six pm. It's a long, arduous day. You're feeling judged, you're feeling stressed. You are, you know, among your enemies essentially, because if you don't get the job they do, it's a problem. So what happens is Jalo walks in the room at the end of the day when auditions are about to start, and says, and I quote, well this is a paraphrase from the experience, but she walks in the room and says, thank you so much. You guys work so hard. And by shell of hands, if there are any virgos in the room, can you please raise your hand?
Speaker 1: So naturally they're.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, wearying, So the virgos reveal themselves and then Heather explains that Jlo whispered something to her assistant, looks at the group, then thanks them for coming in.
Speaker 1: But it was the end of the road for them. That was it.
Speaker 3: Point blank, You're done. You're done. Imagine the scenario. You've been breaking your back learning choreography. Jalo's just walked in. It's time to show her what you've achieved. And she's like, yep, pans up, virgos, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the road is done. The road is done.
Speaker 3: And then like hand to heart, the palm to heart, the sincerity that one hits different and they had to leave. And so I think it's pretty terrifying to think. I mean, it is discrimination. Unfortunately, when you are segregating a group based on something that they can't change, and that is the basis of why they're not able to work. Textbook discrimination, like.
Speaker 1: It's not good, should be a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Granted this was a bajillion years ago. Well I'm imagining it was like back in the days when Jaylo was touring. Let's say it was ten years ago, twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Times have change. I don't think that could happen.
Speaker 3: But then the Devil's advocate in me is like, if she's paying them, why can't she say who she wants to not work with.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I had some time to think about what issue Jayla would have against Virgo's broadly enough to remove all of them from the room. And then I was like, oh, let me do some googles about her exes, because that's a good place to start.
Speaker 1: If usually when people think strongly.
Speaker 3: About a star side, it's because they've had a negative experience with them close up. So I'd be a parent, a sibling, or an ex and in this instance, Mark Anthony her ex husband Virgo and she's probably like what they take that for years, like a decade plus, so like she had like a one on one time with a Virgo. Maybe she recognized the traits were so traditionally quintessentially, virgo wasn't going to risk it, wasn't going to risk it. So I did some googles for your benefit, of course, for me and anyone else who's not across Star signs on broadly, what are like positive traits and the negative traits? So we know so virgos are generally logical, hardworking, artistic, observant, faithful, kind, patient, responsible, reliable, modest. The negative traits is that virgos are allegedly ruminative, critical, stubborn, uptight, worried people pleasing, frustrated, easily, overly, independent, irritable.
Speaker 2: And picking it sounds like you shut it.
Speaker 3: No, they go to my chart just like an areage a lot of water. My areas is like ready to fight all time. My water's like everyone needs to leave me alone so I can cry in peace, vulnerable. You're ruining my vibe. My vibe is precious. Areas is like fuck those people fight them anyway. So I'm like, okay, cool. I'm in two minds about it, right. I think often we don't look at the arts like real jobs, and so we allow she like this to fly very easily. It's like, oh, well, they're dancers, and like, you know, she's a celebrity and she's allowed to have preferences and whatever. But in a traditional sense, if you're applying for a regular quote unquote job, a traditional job, and at the group interview, they said, okay, all the pisces please stand up. Okay, great, thank you so much. As the end of the road for you, be like, no, it's not gonna fly. You go straight to Twitter? Yeah, will you go to the City Morning Herald?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I think based truly.
Speaker 3: Like this can't happen. You're discriminating me on the basis something I can't change.
Speaker 1: It would not fly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is just a really obvious example of something that happens often, Isn't it isn't it?
Speaker 3: Well, this is not an obvious example. This is a cooked one, but I feel like people are. The general consensus has been like it's a funny joke, like ha haha, virgas is so hard to work with. But I'm like, you know, you take that out and you replace it with any kind of minority, like okay, wait a second, it's over. We can't do that. We can't do that. But then I was thinking like Okay, great, we know the qualities are the people that she refuses to work with. What about you, If you could only pick five people to work with you for the rest of your life, what qualities do they have to have and what qualities would rule someone out?
Speaker 1: Point blank?
Speaker 2: Period Number one would be full understanding of pop culture and what's happening. I need to be around people that know what's going on. For example, Eliza and Madison, my two best friends, abreast of everything. Yeah, they know more than I know, and therefore we can talk and they get where I'm coming from. They need to have an understanding of my vision and my mission so often they need to be someone who's been friends with me for over five years to see where I came from.
Speaker 1: Where I'm going Big one to Big one.
Speaker 2: I need to work with somebody who is willing to have hard conversations because I'm very much like I say, I'm m Karen.
Speaker 1: Something's bugging me, I'm going to bring it up.
Speaker 2: So you have to be like a receptive to it and not get upset because I'm willing to be I'm willing to get feedback as well. I have chosen I've worked with before and people that I've enjoyed working with are people that have a sense of humor obviously, but.
Speaker 1: Like respect my vision.
Speaker 2: Like we needs to work for a publication, and I'd work with a videographer to just be us two Jordan Coles who both worked with his dog. He listens to everything that I want and goes through whatever I want, but also injects his own flavor in a low key way. I don't like working with people who are dominant for no reason.
Speaker 1: Leave that to me. There's only one big Doug in this room.
Speaker 3: It's a tricky one to that point, because I feel like, you know, you kind of choose who you work with in some sense, but then you reckon with the fact that you can't have it all right, Like they can be creative, but then they suck on emails or whatever it might be. But if I had to pick, and it's the five people I'm working with for the rest of my life, I would say that everybody needs to have a specialty in something. It needs to be their thing. And I think that's a bit contradictory to how I like to shop in the world, being like a multidisciplinary person or I'm like I want to do everything a multi hyphen now, bit of this, bit of that.
Speaker 1: But that's my job. That's my job.
Speaker 3: As for you, pick a skill and do it well. Be a marketer, be really great at finance, be really academic, have a lot of cultural context, be culturally sensitive, whatever it might be. But you need a thing that you can champion. I feel like ambiguity is like the death of progress sometimes because if you don't know what you are good or not good at, then you can't really get a lot done. That's number one. Number two I would think it's someone who I always refer to. It's like like good house training. Like some people you just can't take places because they just don't understand optics and they can't like code switch.
Speaker 1: They can't badly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things they can't like adjust based on the environment. It's to surprise them every time. And I think in when the stakes are low, it's fine, but there are too many situations where it's like, of course you don't like that person, Babe, we're in a work environment. Put on a smile, please please, or you know, of course that client is annoying. It doesn't matter right now, like be polite.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 3: You can't really teach someone because it's like you gotta get it, or you get it or you don't. It's like people who are raised in a household where your mum would invite over her friends that you did not like, but you'd be like, hey, missus whatever, Yeah, it's so great to see you.
Speaker 1: It's a skill on the phone to grandparents.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hate it so much, oh so big, so frush up. And that's a really big one for me. Good vibe And this is such a tricky one because I think that like everybody assumes.
Speaker 1: They know what a good vibe is.
Speaker 3: I don't mean always on, I don't mean always optimistic, I don't mean always extroverted, but recognizing that the vibe is something that needs to be adjusted, and it needs to be tended too frequently. Like a fire, you can't just leave it there and assume it's going to keep blazing.
Speaker 1: Bring the wood.
Speaker 2: Don't you say about people running around to try and find the best party, Yes, become the party exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So I have this theory about parties and partying and it's a very Sydney thing to lament the environment.
Speaker 1: There's nothing happening.
Speaker 3: It's not good running around hoping that the next venue you go to will provide the party for you, not recognizing that it's to you, bab.
Speaker 1: The party is the some of the guests. So what are you bringing to the energy.
Speaker 3: You can create a party just too. Sally and I are always the party when we go up, because we like, we are here to enjoy. Okay, if there are games being played, we're playing them, Conversations being had we're having them, drinks being shared, we're buying them. It's necessary be a good vibers like it.
Speaker 1: And also.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I look that I only can just put my finger on now is people who are naturally empathetic because so much about what you have to do in a work sense is just relating to other people and understanding their perspective and knowing how to tread carefully. And I'm a bulldog. We can't all do what little does. It's not helpful. But if you have other people around you who are like, wait, this is a better approach. This is a calma approach, this is a nicer approach.
Speaker 1: It's like help necessary, lovely.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you're looking for a job at Flex Mummy Incorporated, don't come for.
Speaker 1: Me, send it a CV. Please send a link.
Speaker 3: Don't just send well wishes in the DMS.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, you're listening to flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flexie as you know, as my co host, I have Karen Rising. Yeah, I have a high pitched voice that's ready to come out when i'm disrespected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're thirty years older, you would be perceived as a Karen even before you started speaking one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, which is okay, it's fine. I'm fine with it because then you can surprise people that you're not a Karen though you know that really isn't in my.
Speaker 1: E it's not your story.
Speaker 2: I was walking around Centennial Park this week.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with it?
Speaker 3: Gorgeous, huge, it's like a dog park, a wedding park, botanical, botanical Guiden type vibe with not enough flowers near Sydney City.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I was going for a trot with my friend and around the Inner Ring.
Speaker 1: It's where horses go. It's also a horse park with pop at all. Oh yeah, it's one big circular park.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so the in its is the grasslands. Then there's a big road that's shared by cars, bicycles, horses, and then you know an outer an out of shrubbery yep. And then you're at the roads, the main roads. That's exactly what it is. I highly recommend you go and visit it. When if you're in the Sydney area.
Speaker 2: Walking past and I'm seeing dog pooh everywhere and horse poo and I'm feeling a bit yuck about it, I was sorry. My crocs are like very tread heavy. You can wash them because they're rubber. Yeah, that's still. And it reminded me of this time I was.
Speaker 1: In Melbourne with my mum.
Speaker 2: We walked past this woman with the dog. The dog did a pooh and we're waiting like this one's gonna pick it up, doesn't pick it up. My mum is a Karen. Oh, like I said the first time, you revealed it subtle Karen, what is a subtle caron?
Speaker 1: Like in this instance, she wanted.
Speaker 2: To ask the woman why she didn't pick it up. Okay, anyway, the woman walks another ten meters, the dog does it again, she doesn't pick it up. And this is on a sidewalk with high foot traffic.
Speaker 1: So busy, busy, busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so I'm trying to step in it and my mum was ready to sound off.
Speaker 1: Just raging. Do you have it bad? My mum was ready to sound off. Excuse me, that's how the Karen operates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But it's got me thinking, like I still remember that moment.
Speaker 1: Should have we said something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You didn't end up saying anything? No, I told mom you can't you know, I can't be saying you silenced her, You censored her? What would you do well? In this instance.
Speaker 3: I'm big on picking my battles because I am a confrontational person, but I don't care fundamentally, So in that instance, I'm like, the right thing to do would meant to pick up the dog pooh, But you didn't do.
Speaker 1: The right thing.
Speaker 3: Great, Like people don't do the right thing all the time. Why am I now going to take on the burden that you should have took on. There's not my business. Let me keep going right. In some instances, though, if it was actively affecting me, I would do something. I try not to be a warrior for conceptual causes. Yes, yes, like a dog owner should know what to do. If she's choosing to do the wrong thing, then like that's the hill she's going to die on. And I don't think me a stranger reprimanding her in that instance, it's going to be the kick.
Speaker 1: That she needed.
Speaker 3: Had she been my friend in my inner circle and acquaintance, I knew would prefer to say something.
Speaker 1: If it was my friend, I'd be letting it go.
Speaker 2: I'd be cackling with them and just bush saying, who's going to step in it?
Speaker 3: See I'm different. I'm like, I think about the knock on the knock on effect.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: I can't change the world, right, Like, I don't think that me telling a stranger how to be is going to be the thing that changes their life. But I can impact my inner circle, my family, my friends, my community, these people, the people that follow me on Instagram, Like, I can definitely do my work there. And I think if everybody felt that way, like you, you are responsible for the people that are in your like web. Right, she was in my web, So I'm like whatever, and walking down the street, you deal with them.
Speaker 1: Nice blend you with those boundaries.
Speaker 3: So what would you do in future, like now that you are about to be a dog owner? That is your community dog owners?
Speaker 1: It is it is.
Speaker 2: Look I say this often. If I didn't do what I'd do for work, I'd be a ravaging beasts telling people off. But unfortunately I can't do that. That stuff backfires these days.
Speaker 1: These days, so act to the good old days. Yeah, to do what you want, say what you want, go.
Speaker 2: Back to being like I was a Karen before I even Carrent existed, and that's when it was a lot more acceptable.
Speaker 1: But now we've been put in to line for better or less.
Speaker 3: There are definitely scenarios where I'm like, in publicum like, it's not my business, but I'll make it. Like if I'm seeing like abuse someone like yelling really hectically or being rude to like.
Speaker 1: A cashier, I'll say something.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've been waiting my whole life for this. I was raised by Liz for this. It hits my heart. I'll do something about it. I'm not a pet person, so I'm like, it's like if you spat your gum out, I'm like, you shouldn't have done that. But if you've done it, now, what am I going to do about it?
Speaker 1: Exactly the same damn flecks and fruits.
Speaker 2: A few days ago, I was wearing a tracksuit pan here it was Pangaea.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think maybe in my head, I say Pangayer.
Speaker 2: But it's probably Pangaya to be fair, I don't know, could be either. Anyway, I was wearing that tracksuit sustainably made, very beautiful fabric, and I'd curled it up at.
Speaker 1: The top like you folded in the waist, folded.
Speaker 2: In the waistban I'm like, And then I had this flashback, this like physical sensation flashback of being in school and curling my shorts, my trackies, my skirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, feral behavior.
Speaker 2: And we're also on the Flex and Frome's Heartbreak high set today. So we're sitting in front of these books, these tables, bells, phones, and it's got me reminiscing about certain fashion and lifestyle choices we made in our high school years. Other things I did. I want to know if this was a happening thing in New South Wales. Yeah, I'm Victoria Country Road Duffel Bags.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And I actually think that was so premium, Like I don't think I don't even think I got the Country Road one. I couldn't afford. I got the sports go on. I think it was like twenty bucks less, maybe thirty bucks. I think it was like forty, and the Country Read one was sixty I'm gonna say maybe even eighty. Yeah, but I was a sports girl and I had the red one with.
Speaker 1: The rainbow handle.
Speaker 3: You know how it is, I did.
Speaker 2: I was traded to a country road one at one point I got the denim with the black straps.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it was vibe. You have been a material girl. They don't make like you anymore, can they really don't.
Speaker 1: What else do you remember doing in high school? Stylistically?
Speaker 3: I remember wearing Doc Martins a lot, but it was that was a very rebellious thing to do because everyone's wearing dunblops, Volleys, ballet shoes. That was a big one. But I was trying to project like a miss. I'm an anarchist. I need the skaters to love me. I'm putting in work, right. The real work happens at the bus stops three fifteen, Yes, but it's what happens.
Speaker 2: At the bus stop at my school. There were all these buses that would come through the school to pick us up. And I was at Stop J, which went to Mount Waverley, Glenn Waverley and the southeastern suburbs surrounds. And yeah, you'd be standing there with your ipoddy curls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the skirt. Be serious.
Speaker 2: I've got my hat off, which you had to wear your had after school, but I've taken it off and I'm vibing dream Matt Moosea.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't do it. I didn't do that, didn't have my color? Is that trauma? I don't know. That was a big one.
Speaker 3: Also, I didn't partake in this, but there was a subset of women in my year and above who would wear pacifiers like dummies around their neck and then suck them during class.
Speaker 1: I swear down.
Speaker 3: It was a whole thing that coincided with when people would wear there's really tiny kids bags like cartoon characters Disney under it. I would wear in that same era, I was doing Doc Muntons and a Champion bags. There's like a little tiny then no books can fit in this, by the way, it's the bags for aesthetic. Then you carry you a folder because you're studious.
Speaker 1: Well I had a lunch box, Oh I was?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 1: Who was packing my lunchbox? Obviously my mum? See this.
Speaker 2: I can't relate to girl spoiled little brat rodabuster school, but often like the take to school.
Speaker 1: With mummy's car.
Speaker 2: Whoa mummy daddy drive to school, me won't sleep in whoa other things that I loved Snapchat, see.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I don't remember using Snapchat, used BBO. Remember hearts a lot showing your age, babe. Also, while we're talking, I just did my b reel. So yeah, we've still got it. We may referateing the be real has occurred. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, high school was a weird one. Honestly, I don't know. Do you miss it?
Speaker 1: Be honest with us. You're a liar enough. I've already made fun of you once before. You're on edge. I know what you want. We're done here. You peaked in high school. You want to go back. You have fond memories.
Speaker 3: The fact that you know how far down your feet to scroll to find high school relics is beyond it.
Speaker 1: I could probably from memory. I see that my face would tag. Actually, you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.