Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello munchkins, It's Flex and Frooms on the catch Up podcast. As you know, this is a daily podcast. I hope you've been enjoying it. We've been getting some nice dms and the podcast ratings. I want to show you a bit what goes within the sausage in the sausage factory. They're looking good, so thank you for putting your little thumbs behind us and yeating us up towards the top.
Speaker 3: It's totally a sleigh hot and sexy.
Speaker 2: Today we're going to be talking about a story. We're wondering if it's the most romantic thing ever or if it's the most night marrish thing ever. We talk about romance. I think we try to get to the bottom of what romance.
Speaker 3: We talk about romance ever, I think we talk about dating. Yeah, we did. The whole thing was about rong generally. Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This segment we're talking about romance flex and I disagree. Yeah, I'll put it that way, I think.
Speaker 3: But it's good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, totally, I say, while I'm fighting back tears.
Speaker 3: As I'm pummeling through, I'm like, romance is everything.
Speaker 2: Look, we don't really say, eye to eye, there is some conversation around trauma that I don't agree with. Yeah, I think we're going to have to circle back and talk about this later.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's cool because we've never actually talked about romance before. You've talked about dating. And I think that dating is a destinational tool. Where you want to take it is up to you. But I think people often forget what they're doing it for. Similar to what I was saying that people think that feminism is an identity and not a destination, Like, we are looking to change the world, and this is the ideology we're using as a guideline to get us there, not just so you say you're a feminist? Now what is that like?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 3: What you know? So similar to dating, there's so much discourse on it. The Internet is saturated with it. And for what?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What are you working towards? What is the plan? Why would you endure so many of potentially troubling scenarios, dangerous scenarios, unsafe scenarios or like joy full scenarios, temporary scenarios? What is it for? Personally? For me, it's stories.
Speaker 2: I already have enough, and you have some great stories. I do I do, I do, what to do? Okay, let's let's get to it. Tell me what you hold on?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on before we get to it. I think in future we'll have to talk about the differentiation between dating, love, romance, intimacy. I would love that. I say romance. You said love. This is not the same to me. I know. Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm going to grab a pen right now and put this in the diary to talk about next week. Okay, just saying it. Sometimes we say, oh my god, I've got to talk about forget about it. But we will circle back to this.
Speaker 3: Let's get it about it.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? Flick and a.
Speaker 3: Couple of shows ago, I asked for me if she distinguished between people being nice, kind, or good, and that started some really great discourse on the internet. We're still inconclusive about what those things mean and if they even matter, but objectively speaking, they're all positive things to be called. I haven't stopped thinking about it as well, because what came out of that conversation is that people think that being nice is insincere, and that it is a product of social norms and respectability politics, where you are more concerned with how you're perceived and manipulating the situation than being yourself right, And so I was thinking, if we're choosing nice kind of good, we both said that we would be perceived as nice and not kind or good. But I would say, like, I make it a point to be uncomfortably myself to a point where I'm like, we're all gonna get with it. Like, if there's an issue, I'm addressing it. If there's conflict, we have to have it. If I'm upset with you, I'm gonna let you know. But I don't think that takes away from me being nice, Like it's very sincere approached me to have. But I was thinking about in situations where respectability has trumped or like politeness has like trumped my ability to just have my most honest response. For example, I don't often get into like ubers these days because they drive, But when I do, I used to do the extra communicator to think, oh, hey, how are you going, and like what's going on and how's your day been and whatever? And I would get stuck in the most cooked conversations with the most cooked people, and I didn't feel completely safe to opt out because they know where I've come from, they know where I'm going and I'm in their car, so then I'm like doing the whole like yeah, you know whatever, it's all good. And I thought to myself, what would life be like or even that situation had I not have felt so much pressure to be polite like everything, but my personal comfort was prioritized for this random person that I paid to take me from A to B. Then I think about that broadly, like in any context where you walk into a room and the one thing you want to do is just leave your headphones on and not talk to anyone, And of course you're hey, going, yes, good, What would you think the world would be like? What would you be like if you do you feel any pressure to be polite? Maybe I'll start there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It waxes and wines. Definitely the past. I didn't because I knew if I were polite O it end up being meaner, because like, if I had to talk to people, I would be terse almost, So it's better for me to just completely ignore. Yes, yes, yeah, that's where I was at.
Speaker 3: I'm the same.
Speaker 2: I've had some really cooked ubers of people, like doing flat earth theory, and I've made the mistake of being that really nice at the start. I think they're just like sitting in there all day listening to podcasts. It cooks the brain, Like this one, How would life change? I just think it would be like being on the internet all the time. I think politeness can be the start of so many conversations that you wouldn't usually have. And yes, sometimes they can be bad, like in the Uber, but sometimes being polite can be a gateway into having really great conversations as well. If we didn't have to be polite, if we didn't have to take the headphones off, then we would miss some really serendipitous moments that can change your life.
Speaker 3: That's lovely, It's true, Like I've had baby, got to write that down. Yeah, yeah, book, I will credit me this is yeah. You get eighty cents per work. It's a tricky thing because I think that I have grown to appreciate social norms just because of what it's afforded me in a society that does not like people who look like me. So I'm like constantly feeling like I need to disarm people to be like you know what, like I'm not going to do this thing, you know it? Please and thank you and whatever. And then I interact with people who do not look like me, who don't feel the same pressure to, you know, go through life gently, who are just reckless beings with no regard for people around them, people that they're impacting because there is no direct or clear consequence for them that they can see. I see that in ways with my dad sometimes in what way, Yeah, just talking a lot, not asking people that many questions.
Speaker 2: Like not doing things that my mom. My mom would be held to a different standard to my dad. So I can see that in practice in some aspects, just between men and women of that age necessarily. Yeah, very interesting, good to consider. But yes, I still would choose nice over good or kind because I love to have a nice, smiley vibe and a wave and nice and then we go away so we don't have to continue talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing nice for now. Think I want to do good or kind later on in future? Yeah? Not now?
Speaker 1: It flex and frums.
Speaker 3: I need you to tell me. Is this the sweetest story you've ever heard? Or is it a nightmare? It can be both, but I'm thinking it's it's leaning more towards one. I want to preface this by saying I just hate when love stories sound even remotely nightmarish, Like, you know, we've had our ups and downs, but you know she's always been there for me. Yeah, you know, we fight, we fight like foe, but she's the one. I don't like that because I feel like it's some kind of propaganda to get women in particular, to settle into not only traumatizing situations, but unfortunate situations because in heterosexual dynamics they always say that marriage is like a more positive experience for men that it is women. Of course, as we know in a patriarchy. I digress. So this story is about Sharia Wade, let's just call her Wade, who met this guy Boyce on Hinge. They tried to meet up twice. He canceled both times, and on the third time, she was like, look, if you're calling to cancel again and don't worry about it, don't ever call me again. He countered that immediately with an offer to meet her in five minutes in the car park of a fast food venue in America could pop Eyes, it's like KFC. Basically, they said that they talked so long that he had a meal that he bought from across the street. And they also shared a sunset and first kiss. Already, I don't like it. He's canceled two times. The third time not a date or anything. He's like, well, fine, meet me in the parking lot. And then you meets you in the parking lot. You talk for so long that you now are eating in the parking lot, looking at the sunset, kissing. It's like, these are thirty year olds. Okay.
Speaker 2: They sit in the parking lot together talking and she sings room for the first time. It's very romantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, woll okay. So, after about a month after their first date, he asked her to be his girlfriend. She agreed, but not before asking him to make it known that he was as she put it off the market. So soon afterwards, she laid out a plan for their future together. She said, I'm going to need you to move in after six months, and then he was like, what are you talking about? I bell you know you And six months later he had moved in. Oh, this is not really giving romance. Yeah, it's feeling a bit like entrapment. But I don't want to say too many compromises. After compromises, she says that they definitely couldn't stop talking to each other and that he said that their connection felt really awesome and that they'd known each other for a long time. On a group friend trip, so they went with a couple of their friends. His friend thought it would be the perfect time for him to propose to his girlfriend. So the friend buys a ring unbeknownst to the friend and says he had bought a ring so you can propose to your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Heavy what he just has some drama. It's always nice when someone gets engaged in a trip away.
Speaker 3: It's bizarre. Then they get married and this is what he captions the photo. Imagine you've waited your whole life, You've met who you think is the one They post the wedding photo. What would you expect the caption to be? I love her period, This is really great. I found my person, you know best ever whatever he says, met on hinge, the rest is history, haha. No pressure to take her on any fancy dates or to expensive restaurants, just good old conversations and alignment with our goals. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Why God, romance be romantic? Why? Like I had a bit of fairytale juice into it? Like at least be poetic. It just spooks me so much, the trials and tribulations people go through to find the one.
Speaker 2: Then he says meronie rest is history. Personally, I love the caption. I think it's funny and self referential. So many people go on Instagram or Facebook and go met my person like this is the best day in my life. Number one. It seems a bit disingenuous to me. I feel like it's something that people expect themselves to do. I'm right now forecasting what I would say if I was to get engaged and I reckon, I just go yay and like heat for emoji's exactly.
Speaker 3: I would much refer an emoji that feels far more genuine than this, like self reflective, because what the self reflection shows, I mean, even when they're retelling the whole story, like the first meeting was flippant. The decision to escalate into being more serious was a demand. Getting married was instigated by a friend on a trip, like it was you were coerced into it, and now you've come to the end. And of course there's no flavor to it because it wasn't a flavors some experience and I'm always thinking how someone chooses to narrate their life is very interesting because you can pick any of the words that exists in the whole wide world, and you pick the ones you pick right. And so generally, when there's something that's happy or romantic, you would choose words to suit that environment. If something was serious and sad, you would choose the appropriate words. These words, whether or not they were intentional subconscious, are saying too much to me. I don't really mind about the performance of the publishing. I just feel like the thought of someone being single is far more scary than being in a dynamic that doesn't scream excitement. And it's scary to me.
Speaker 2: In the dynamic that doesn't scream excited, I think.
Speaker 3: People fear singled and more than just latching on and taking what comes with it. If you had to think, or if if you had the tools or the opportunity to conjure up the most ideal romantic scenario, like the one where you're like, I can ask for whatever I want and this genie the bottles is gonna give it to me, you would not write we met in a parking lot and then we had a kiss, and then we ate chicken and found on his car, Like you would not write that. And I don't like how in telling this story, it's like reverse engineering romance into it and even then it was flailing. But what I find to be the most interesting thing about it is when I saw this on Twitter, the comments were divided, people like, you know, marriage and partnership is functional, and so what is the issue that how they found each other is functional? Not my issue? I say, marriage is a business, marriage is a partnership. I get it, But I'm like, I feel as though, like people are so embarrassed to want romance that they oversimplify what should be really loving and beautiful and genuine into this whole Like you have to move with an in winning in six months. This has to progress, and the friend like, get engaged now it looks good. Do that now, I'll buy the ring. Don't worry about having me back. Like these things are just insane to me. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I quite like chilled. Let's imagine this woman has been through a romantic relationship, perhaps a love bombing. Like for me, I associate overly romantic gestures as insincere. That's my general Yeah, that's trauma. It's not though I haven't had any trauma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but trauma's not just like what has it been what you've experienced, like we take in everybody else's life experience. That's the issue with the world we've created.
Speaker 2: It's just like people wanting there's different preferences, Like romance isn't for everyone. I don't think it's necessarily about what you've seen or what you've been conditioned with. I make a personal choice that I don't like it when someone's like soppy with me, or.
Speaker 3: But what do you where do you think personal choices come from? Do you think you can out the womb as a baby placenta still attached being like at it like suppiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I guess my thing is that romance isn't always the best.
Speaker 3: You're taking this hyper specific thing that I'm saying about my experience and you're internalizing it as a general assessment of the world. So you're like, I don't think it's the best thing. Like what you go through in romance to find your person. I would hate to get to the end, like quote unquote the destination or the goal and for that to be what it looks like like you don't get gas lit and experience like you know, weird non consensual things and you know, have your head scrambled to get to the destination. Have someone be like, you know, my friend bought the ring and we hung out in a car park and you know, just like old fashioned goal alignment. No, I would rather be single. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got a hard disagree with that. I liked when he said the last bit, which is we just aligned on the same goals and next y because I think romance comes from not gestures or not Instagram catchrons. I think it comes from things like meeting someone and being like, yeah, I really like your values, you like mine. I find romance in other ways that aren't any of the ones that we just described, like what I haven't decided yet, but anything that we just said in that, I'm not thinking, oh my god, I would definitely want to be single rather than have someone meet me in a parking lot and we eat chicken together like my ideal date. I've said this over and over again.
Speaker 3: No, so you're oversimplifying it, Like you take what I'm saying and then you oversimplify it. How I don't get it. I'm saying that like to want and yearn for love, there's romance intertwined. Otherwise people wouldn't be like, oh, you know, I want to connect with my friends with benefits I got like intimacy, romance, connection you need for me, shared value, shared goals, Like that is like basic for me. But I'm like, I don't like how like society has made love and romance a very practical affair because of how much it intertwined with everything else that I'm like, when can it be fantastic cool and like fun and sweet and silly in conjunction with all these things it needs to be Like when I get to the destination, I want to be so moved by what I've experienced, and I'm like, oh my god, I could write poetry like I'm seeing shit differently, like I've got rose colored glasses on, like I'm smiling because I'm like, Wow, I've unlocked Nirvana.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing that you want that for sure?
Speaker 3: What else is there to want in terms of like anyway, we've done too much, We've said too much.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on KEDA.
Speaker 3: The thing about Free Me and I is that, up until doing this show, we were Internet acquaintances, right, So there's not a lot of pre existing knowledge about each other, which is exciting because I learned when you learn, and vice versa. The thing about miss Frumina Liscinda Frum's Price, real name, not an alias, is that she is a LinkedIn influencer. And the thing that gets me is, I didn't know anybody in creative industries were using LinkedIn in this way, like maybe to have it as a professional CV. But Mistermini is making statuses, she's writing articles, ral think pieces, she's commenting, liking, engaging. She's got like five hundred followers.
Speaker 2: You said five.
Speaker 3: Thousand followers, which is huge considering that environment, Like it's a very niche space to exist in. And I feel like if I'm hearing about this for the first time, then most people are, So please explain to us what is your affiliation with this corporate app.
Speaker 2: I started Linkedinning when I was in the first year of UNI. I think I said this a few episodes ago, and I gave myself the challenge of wanting five hundred connections because the minute you hit five hundred, it goes five hundred plus, so there's no more like tally. And I'm someone who used to get nervous about ratios, and I can't follow more people than follow me and et cetera. So hitting the five hundred was my big males. So all through UNI, I'd be adding anyone making connections started up, and then I'd go on it all the time to try and find jobs. Then I got a full time job in media, so I didn't really anymore. Then when I got made redundant from that job in twenty twenty, I was like, my whole thing now is to be a corporate boss. So I wanted to completely take the piss out of corporations. And of course there's a lot of corporate chat on LinkedIn. Some of it I find really funny. Other times you do read articles that are really helpful. So I started posting everything there, posting about corporate jobs that I was doing, brand partnerships I was doing, and just fostering a community where I'm getting out of bed, I'm saying good night, sweeties and doing a little kiss to camera that looks ugly, you know, like I'm bringing some flavor to what is usually quite a uptight and it's.
Speaker 3: So necessary because you're making it appealing to me. I'm like, well, through mey's there and you're enjoying yourself and having a good time. I want to come. Same with be Real. I'm like, well for me is that I want to come too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got a join one, and I just find LinkedIn to be a great place to I think some people are migrating away from putting their what's it called, like accomplishments on Instagram. So then if you, if you work with brands quite often, it's good to have a LinkedIn page to say, look at my LinkedIn didging everything. And it's also like the done practice to explain behind the partnerships. Yeah, I love that kind of give context.
Speaker 3: I put it on my website though, gotta.
Speaker 2: Get on the LinkedIn. Okay, everybody gets notified and you rise to the top. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: So excited because this feels We've spoken about this briefly before, but we'll touch on it in more detail in future. There's this new app called be Real. It's all about like tackling social media authenticity. I don't like it. I think that it's really hard to be authentic on a platform that was made to be contrived. Everything about documenting your life on a phone is contrived because you control how people see it when they see it. What angle they see it from the moment they see it. The whole thing fake, not in a bad way, just in a really like obvious way. I always say to myself, if I'm gonna be on the internet, I might as well do what I like in the way that I like. And I like talking about business stuff on a social media platform.
Speaker 2: It's so genius I do all the time because I post about what we're doing and I go to tag you and I have to just do flex mummy. Yeah, if you look through the animals, you'll see there's.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, I'm letting down the team you really have.
Speaker 2: Quietly, I'll give you some tips when you sign up.
Speaker 3: I really do want them, though. This is I'm so excited. I'm really stoked anyway. I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Froomes.
Speaker 3: Hello, it is Flex and Frooms. I am Flex. I am obviously a radio presenter of Catera, also an author, a CEO, a vampire lover and Apocalypse cure co truser, a tinfoil hatter about you free me.
Speaker 2: My name is Frumy. I am vibes chilling. I'm just doing my own thing in my own lane, and I really like frogs. But one thing that I also like is reading books, and I love writing. I'm a writer as well. I have a newsletter that I post most.
Speaker 3: Weeks plug it Frooms World on substack. It's free, it's free.
Speaker 2: And what I like to write about is just whatever I'm feeling and thinking and trying to make it entertaining in my own way.
Speaker 3: And you do it so well.
Speaker 2: Thanks Han. At the moment I am writing a book, I'm in the process, say yeah, right, I'm in the process, uh huh and.
Speaker 3: Putting pen to paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm to key activity tappening. And a big part of it is it's not gonna be it's going to be a nonfiction book. It's not gonna be a fiction book. So therefore I'm gonna have to talk about people that I know, something that we do on the radio show. But the difference with the radio show versus the book is the book is in perpetuity and you're often talking about personal things, Whereas on the radio show, I can like use aliases, I can fudge some of the details, whereas if you're writing a book and it's personal, you have to be telling personal stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Something that I think about when I've read other people's auto This is going to be an autobiography in my book, but I've read autobiographies and essay collections by other writers, and they talk about people X's friends, family members in a way that is so serol and spotlight on them, and they're like shitty behaviors. I want to know what actually happens when you do that. What is the reaction of people that you're around that you talk about. Have you ever considered that.
Speaker 3: All the time. That's why I try and make it a point not to talk about people that we know well unless it's in a favorable light, because I don't think people are consenting to be judged in that way. It's just not fair. And also I'm taking into consideration that memory is so flawed, and also there's so much other like residual stuff that affects the way you view something happening. Like I always think about miscommunication because it's one of my biggest pet peeves is not being understood as I intend to be understood, And so I try and learn how to find the extra words and be really articulate or be candid and communicative, and like, I still get misunderstood all the time, and so I wonder, or I worry if I would have write about how somebody made me feel and attach their name to it and make them responsible for that that half of that shit was my own issue. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tricky thing. I ask Becky Lucas about it. I asked her about the process of writing a book, because hers was quite personal, and I asked her, what was that like writing about people? You talk about specific people. In one of the instances, she talks about this real estate agent falling backwards downstairs, and it was how it's the funniest thing she'd ever seen. And she said, well, yes, I've definitely had backlash. And it's difficult because I always assume that anything I put out there would be mostly ignored and barely absorbed. And I think that's because I have this weird feeling that I don't exist, or more so, that I don't fully engage in life and am mostly observing. I think I definitely pissed off a few people with the book, mainly a rich woman who hearts to babysit for, who would get drunk give me her fur coats and diamonds and then insist I return them in the morning. I do have some guilt about it, and it's unfortunately a side effect of what I do. I don't have the answer as to who's in the right. I think it's probably a moral to use people's lives as fodders for your art. But I think if people were to stop doing it, then art would maybe suck. So yeah, I guess you have to be comfortable sacrificing your moral code and occasionally being disliked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you comfortable with that?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure yet.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm wrapping.
Speaker 2: I'm not cut sure. I think i'd get people's consent, Like I'm going to talk about my mum and my dad and I will take them along the process because we're very close. But it's going to be true.
Speaker 3: But you know, when you say you're getting someone's consent, how responsible do you feel for if the way you presented them, whether true or not, land negatively, Like, for example, know how each hold them a Laysia trip with your parents, and how you rubbed the sarte skuas on your dad's bed so it looks like he pooped himself. And then when I posted the TikTok, I thought that the people would have known that you were a child when you post them when you did that, right, but they assumed you were an adult and that you would ruined your parents' marriage, and so they were like, oh my goodness, this is such a shame, Like why would her dad do that? This is so terrible blah blah lah, And everyone's speculating about your family dynamic and whether you ruin the relationship. You know, why were they fighting? And like do your parents always fight?
Speaker 2: I totally didn't even say these comments, but the answer is yes, yes, which bit yes they always fight.
Speaker 3: Nah. But in that instance, like are you prepared for this idea that you know you might present to them in a way that you think is funny and kind and hilarious with all the little contexts and quirks of how you know them, But when it reaches the world, they're like, oh my goodness, this is cooked.
Speaker 2: Anyone that I'm gonna write about is going to be around for every part of the process. And I trust them, and I know, oh yeah, maybe like.
Speaker 3: Differently, yah, when it gets taken differently and it's like, oh my god, Freemi's problematic friend and you're like, oh wait, wait what Like that was a very honest story about x y Z that we that were sharing to be like open and whatever, and everyone's like that's so cooked, Like are you prepared for that kind of reality where it doesn't land in the way that you intend it to, Because that's the tricky thing about things that are honest and comedic and just realistic, like people put their own stuff on top of it and decide that like, this must have been what you meant.
Speaker 2: I guess that would be hard. I think yeah, because if you're writing about people that don't have any experience sharing their feelings on the Internet or whatnot, they're not used to people misinterpreting things. You can't please everyone, and there's always going to be someone who is misconsdering what you're saying, regardless of if it's personal or not. So I would just be with the person that I'm writing about and say I don't care, you know what I meant. And people always misconstrue things, and I think they would understand.
Speaker 1: That you're listening to Flex and frooms on Cada.
Speaker 2: I have been going on to wiki how. That's not Wikipedia, it's a thing called wiki how. Again. It's kind of like this site called Cora that flex really like it's often frequented by people thirteen and under when they're trying to learn about things. It's like going to a forum and asking questions and knowing that it's always going to be PC. This one is called Wiki how, and you can type anything in, like how to bake a cake, how to make friends, and it will give you the steps alongside pictures of how to do it. Now, these pictures aren't just normal stock standard pictures. They're illustrations that always look scary, like I'm looking at one right now and the fingers don't have fingernails.
Speaker 3: It's very so intentional though, the fact that they've gone out of their way with someone to illustrate it, like, these are great drawings.
Speaker 2: I love that no fingernails. So what I like to do before I come into CATA is do a random selection and find something that doesn't relate whatsoever to us or we what we need to learn. So this is one that is called how to get rid of first day school jitters. Everyone's had school jitters? Have you Brookie, our producer a little bit?
Speaker 3: Do you remember it?
Speaker 2: I just remember not wanting to go, like to roll call first thing in the morning, so i'd intentionally like be late.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, RONC call is so lame. It's just all random, so that you're not even friends with me. It's about I don't even know these people. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's a d cut. So what it says before preparing for school is this, prepare for your first day. So you want to get a map and then draw where you're going to go on the map, which I think is pretty crazy. Number two, check your school's website for information about your classes. It's giving type A three. Prepare some answers to popular eyesbreaker questions now that I can get behind, because when you first enter a class, you sat around in a circle and you're going tell us one thing about you and your favorite color or whatnot, and that puts you on the spot. So I'm glad to be doing that. Mine is pink, and I like rollerbating. What's yours? FLEXI see you have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go home and prepare the night because I feel like, Also you say your favorite color, everyone starts like retrospective, being like, yeah, I know, I see that in you, because you should do this. It's like it's not that deep. I can say what my least favorite colors are what teal like an Auberginie eggplant maroni? Yeap not a fan? Yeah, I say those two. I totally agree.
Speaker 2: I hate till makes you feel sad and frustrated, and I think this applies to most places where you go somewhere for the first time, when you first meet someone and whatnot. And I personally have a few methods that I employ, and that includes smiling, talking less, and listening more. Oh really yeah, let the other person dig themselves into a hole. I don't want to say anything too incriminating. I think when you're nervous, you tend to waffle on and then you're going to say things. And you know, some people I've had this before. You have a first meet with someone and you walk away and you're like, that wasn't me at all. I don't know what came over me, and what is that In retrospect, I think it's just trying to feel conversation and agreeing with somebody when it's actually completely in opposition.
Speaker 3: To your views.
Speaker 2: That's a doozy. Can you remember any times in your life where you've done a first thing like first date at school, first date KTA where you felt.
Speaker 3: Nervous yes, but nervous.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 3: When I feel nervous, it's usually because I'm aware there's an expectation of who the environment expects me to be and I don't want to do that. So like walking onto a set is not nerve wracking for me, But then having two parrot lines I would never say, or like having to be a caricature of myself makes me really nervous because I feel like I'm looking up for my best interest. But I mean, we'll We're in an industry where people don't do the same. I'm always like, what's gonna happen? Like, how are you gonna cut this? How are you gonna edit this? How are you going to protect my likeness? When this goes elsewhere? Makes me nervous, And you get it when people I only get really nervous based on someone the way someone's interact with me Off the bat. Someone meets you for the first time, and the first five things that come out their mouse is You're fierce, You're like slay, get it, cis get it queen. I'm like, oh, okay, I see what's happening here. Say no more stereotypes. You're a girl queen, girl boss. Yes, sleigh hunty. She's so sassy and I've said three words. Hi, I'm flex yes.
Speaker 2: Ma, Ma, He's so bold of you. How do you be so authentic?
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms?
Speaker 2: Now? I was on Instagram, that is my little catch cry for this flex and Froom show. But I came across this fact that I thought would interest you, FLEXI. Apparently you don't actually need to drink eight liters of water a day. So conventional wisdom and health advice advise as humans that you need to eat five vegetables a day, three pick two pieces of fruit or whatever, and drink as much water as possible. Now, eight liters is.
Speaker 3: A lot of water living two glasses one bottle maybe.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you talk about that and you say, crap, I haven't drunk enough water today.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 2: You only need to drink as much water as your body needs and not.
Speaker 3: My body needs. Don't say these things. Give me a number.
Speaker 2: So the eight glass actually eight glasses of water a day, not eight liters. But that came from advice in nineteen forty five and actually had no medical bias. You should just drink when you're thirsty, because your body is very good at judging when it's low on water, so if you drink when you're thirsty, it maintains your body's water level within about one to two percent of its ideal state, and for most people that's absolutely fine. Even for athletes, a loss of around one percent is considered to have a negligible impact on performance. So only need to drink if your thirsty. Everybody, stop taking in this misinformation that's making you feel bad about not drinking water.
Speaker 3: I think that's the thing though, Like I'm constantly thirsty in and I applied more litbum.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I drink, but then it comes with its pitfalls, which means going to the toilet constantly during the day.
Speaker 3: That's nightmarish.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more, Tune its kDa on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.