Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The show began seven years ago twenty eighteen. Only pats and I remain Wow, the founding father and mother. So much has changed as I look around survey the kingdom around us now, Patsy, so many corpses and you have killed all of them, are buried in the reign of terror.
Speaker 5: Musto, You're the hardest one to kill off found So you'll come.
Speaker 1: For me one day never and it will be my destiny. I will bound down and say, finally, it will be a pleasure to be destroyed by the one and only radio killer, NonStop thriller betweena giants. Do you know actually there are I'm in a studio right now that is this full of joy. It's like a Santa's grotto in here, and it's full of these beautiful cards that so many of our gorgeous listeners have taken the time to go in, right out and send. And what's magical is I'm reading all the messages and there's something really moving about handwriting because you don't see it these days. It's Texas emojisus easier, but it's also quite transactional. And actually, when you see someone's handwriting, it's like their voice. It's so unique to them. How they even spell my name or how they do their teas. It's different for all of us. And so there are so many beautiful cars we've got up around the studio today. Some of the people that have actually gone to the effort of sending these cars with these some beautiful messages and sharing in that are going to be called and receiving one of seven really big prizes. We have over twelve thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to Ians to give away today on our seventh birthday. Ian S were one of the first sponsors to actually believe that I would still be here more than a year. A Rob from that was the first person I met about five weeks into the show, took me out for lunch and he's become a great friend and support of the show ever since then. So it was really great on seven years to actually be doing something Robin's team at ian S. Some of these I must have said good morning to Pam, She's just messaged me, and I'm glad she's clarified something. Christian, have a happy seventh birthday. Congratulations on creating an enjoyable show to listen to. I sent you the card, but I thought was a young Christian dreaming of being on the radio. Now, Pam, I did see that yesterday and he got to be honest, it's startled me. It looked like Christian who's had a serious car accident. So now I didn't save last night because I was worried that there was going to bomb under the car or something very From Pam. It was a threat like stop radio or this will happen. So you have a choice, Zippy. You've had almost seven good years. That's enough now. But Pam, I didn't realize that was young Christian. I'm dreaming of being on the radio. Look at him now, Yes, thank you very much. And I've got one here from Emily Hughes. This beautiful. Yeah, it's like a well, it's a three dimensional card. She's she's colored in and drawn the flag of Great Britain and the flag of Australia and she's created a podium with seven on it. Did Christian a team? Happy seventh birthday. My name is Emily Hughes. Do you remember in cars and that when you write to people you put your name in up from full name. Yeah, like a young rapper. My name is Emie Hughes. Don't you forget it? And then in a different ink, you know where they've looked back at the work she's putting in a different inkit eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Bless.
Speaker 1: There's two times. There's two stages of life where you mention your age and Emily's aging. Then very old people when I'm seventy ninety, I'm seventy nine. Old age mentioners. I used to call them, I'm seventy nine, you know, Emily Hughes eleven. Don't you forget about it? DJ coming at you so Emily Hughes, thank you very much. Congratulations on being on air for so long. It is twenty seven years. At the end of the year, you guys are our favorite radio station. You also have the best jokes in the world from Emily Hughes. Emily Hughes, that is a beautiful thing you've made there as well. And then one of the ones I've got so many questions about. Someone has sent a carden but they've put your face Patsy on a stamp. Oh like the Queen. Well, it actually looked like a dictator slash tyrant. To me, I have a small, aggressive country that's becoming the next Russier of like a mad tyrant who's threatening the world with a big laser. They are going to point at the moon and destroy all of Ustoria.
Speaker 4: We'll call it.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you get that's not legal though, is it. You can't just put your own photo on a stamp.
Speaker 5: You know you can go to oz post and get I think you can. I think they read a great idea.
Speaker 6: For Australian icons, you know, cav Freeman, Dawn Drones.
Speaker 1: I would have to bring you in this stamp. But thank you very much. I show them who sent them in.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go On podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning to Shane in Sydney. Thank you very much for joining the show. In the last six months. In the days leading up to beginning my first radio show here in Australia, and you have to bear in mind I'd had the craziest two weeks. I literally eleven days before I started my radio career here in Australia, I'd finished a radio show that i'd done an absolutely love for twelve years in London, a radio show we had two and a half million listeners, and a lot of those listeners had come with me from my previous breakfast show that I'd done for five years. So for seventeen years I'd been someone's constant, and some of those listeners had gone from being forced to listen to me during the school run, to go into university, to meeting partners, getting married and now forcing their kids. So I've been through all these transitions in the life. So what it meant was, in the last couple of weeks of my show, I was getting this mass, mass, outpouring of love from people that I've met before, but you have met in a way, And so I went from that to the biggest pandulum swing you can ever have a knife to actually been hated within two weeks. I went from hero to zero within two chilling weeks. The other side of the world where people literally had this feeling of like arms followed going no, no, now, God, he's English as well, I don't know you, and what I do know about if.
Speaker 2: He's really English nine in.
Speaker 1: The morning, not in the morning, maybe the afternoon maybe or real late at night when I'm half asleep and I can't even work out Godey's English, it's going back to me. It was a really violent swing and a remain not that for an awful long time. But one by one people were so kind. They unfolded arms and they start to give the show a go, and you welcome me into your life. And so without that, over the last seven years and increasingly the last couple of weeks, people still coming to the show, and that thank you so much. We don't get to have this magical kind of from my wife and I now in our fifties. This is an amazing A second, I like to tell myself it's a second act or is it second? Let's say a second the corner. It's funny how when I said the final acts, I looked at Pats stop it that tyrant's face and a stamp is all I see as she stamps me. You know, like at the end of Inglorious gust Face Carver, you know who the carve will be, Betrina Jones.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, though, what you've done, Christian.
Speaker 1: And also I have to just say, right, it's amazing the transformation and you Patsy, as you're now launching your second season of this incredible podcast, as you're starting to stand in your own powers now outside of what we've done together on the show, it's amazing. It brings me so much joy seeing the rise in new Patsy from where you were. I remember when I chat was the first person I hired, and I said, I need a really good news reader. I've always worked with great news readers. And the boss here said, hey, there's this woman betweena Jones and I think she could do so much more. And I remember I went to speak to Patsy and at the time, you're wearing these very big missus mangle glasses another one, and I was like, she was actually incredibly intimidating, Like she just sat there. I was like, you having to be a big I got good intentions already make it in Australia. They learning to be part of it. She sat there and she looked through me like I've heard it all before from people like you, and they're walking away going she's awesome, also genuine. I'm actually a bit frightened. No, I did feel that, and I think I think that's actually a thing I still am. That is the relationship. You're awesome, Pats, and I'm slightly scared by you when you bowled in here a couple of weeks ago and pointed at me and went, if you got feedback for me? Now? Intonation in life? Is there anything you can say soon? Hey, have you got any feedback for me? That's that's an invitation? Yes, you feedback from me? No, I never will.
Speaker 5: I remember our first interaction very very differently, and it was so refreshing. And I've never had this in radio where I didn't know what your expectations of me were other than obviously read the news and do it well. And I said to you, you know, I think I might have said, you know, what do you need from me or something? And you said something very simple, And I will never forget what you said. You said to me, I just need you to be yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and actually your journey of the last seven years, you're being more and more yourself on air. And I actually remember you're saying, please, if you don't find something funny, I say, don't laugh. And but to be fair, you've stayed aggressively truth to that. Maybe just ease up just occasional once a month but I remember saying to you, please don't because it's so hard for women in radio to forge a career. It's a lot easier for a guy. It just is stacked in our favor. So the fact that you'd even got to you know where you are past this says a lot just about how great you are. But I remember saying to you, please don't ever tell me what you think I need to hear. Yeah, and then you went, well, what if it's awful, it's rude, and I said, well, let me worry about that. Bit that we have a lot and those are some of my favorite bits. Some most shocking bits the show don't come from me. They've come from old mate. And there the tyrant on the stamp.
Speaker 5: But it is refreshing because as a woman, you are typecast on a lot of in radio, a lot in the past where it's like you need to be a laughing track or you need to be this, and I know that is the last thing you would want from me. So I want to thank you for helping me become find my voice really, and also I've learned more about myself personally than I have I think is a brasil In the last seven years, so thank you and celebrating you today because what you've managed to achieve in that time no one in the world has done. And I'm so proud of you as the whole team is, so thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Well, perhaps that's a lovely thing to say, and thank you for saying that. But we don't get to have the show if it isn't for the amazing the team that have've made it over the seven years, the team right now, but also the people that have come over gone over the last seven years. But Patsy, you are a massive part of whatever this show is. You're a huge part of that. So team that's also now turn to Patsy and go well done as well. You had to put up with an awful lot for me sometimes, so thank you very much. All Right, we're going to take a break when we come back. That's enough sugary stuff. Christian, get on with the goddamn show. I Get what you want is coming up next.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Please don't stop swaying and dancing on my account. Rio it's just having swaying, don't speak sort of thing you do in the bathroom when isn't that so happy that I love doing that. There's no one around and you find yourself dancing and don't you kid yourself looking mirror like? But he could have been a professional dancer. What could have been? Oh my god, Parallel lives, Michael Flatley, Christian O'Connell. I met him years ago and I'm sure he was looking at me thinking I would have been a great breakfast show. So I'm looking at me going I had feet of flames as well doors Me and Flatley, guys strap in. We're about to start changing lives with gifts. Seven of these big gifts to give away thanks to Ian S and Bosh. Now at quarter to eight, we're giving away a big price. It is this. I've never heard of such a thing of majesty. If God could make fridges, I'm pretty confident that he would make a quad door fridge, and he would gather a team from the engineers and eggheads at Bosh. He's what that level of attention to detail and engineering.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jesus, you get the left door, Holy Spirit.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then Mother Mary or so she gets you on the quad. So it's not Trinity, but it's it's the quad. It's a sign different way of him working. Actually anyway, this thing has been given away to quarter to eight. All right, we'll tell you how you're going to win it. But everyone listening, you win a big price this morning at quarter to eight. This quad door amazing megafridge. Yeah, mega fridge. I mean you have to actually take units out to fit this in or ask family members that aren't really pulling their way to get out and make way for the quad door fridge. We've got a fridge room now. Yes, angels sing, and there's also six of the prices. And the way I'm doing this then the people have been kind enough to go to oz post fill out a card and these days when you fill out a card or write a letter on that, it actually hurts your hands. Yes, that's such a good point. A couple of weeks ago and I was like I was getting cramp right, and I was a third of the way through, like should I type this? Should have typed this? But then it's impersonal typing it, and it's and it's so hard because actually our spelling isn't very good and also I didn't get a pen license. If you've ever seen anything written by me, it's wonky donkey.
Speaker 6: It shows there's no pen license.
Speaker 1: But some of the people that have gone to the effort of sending me these birthday cards on today's the seventh birth of the show, seeing their handwriting is just so lovely. But I appreciate the effort, right It's it's effort just to listen to the show and be part of the show that way, but to go and get into the post office paint fore stamp, and ninety percent of you have actually done recorded delivery and it's about ten bucks. That's the bit I'm astonished by that you would care enough to spend ten bucks to send me a birthday card. So I'm actually gonna throughout the show, we're going to call some of you. You haven't asked for the gifts, but we're going to give it to the gifts of people that actually haven't asked for them. And we're going to surprise some people right now. So the people about to speak to have all been told that there are about one thousand people on the lines right now, and it might be one of them. That isn't strictly true. It's just them. But anyway, let's start the giving now.
Speaker 7: Saven years off Christian show.
Speaker 1: It's a sollarbration.
Speaker 8: Peez, God saven.
Speaker 1: This for you all right. First of all, good morning too, Noony, Michelle Noonan, happy birthday, Thank you so much. And Michelle Noonan, thank you very much for your beautiful sharing card and you express posted it as well. It was my heart, I replied to you straight away, Michelle, my heart really goes out to you and your family. And I don't understand if you don't want to go into everything that has happened to you of the last five years an your beautiful husband. But I was just so moved by what you how strong you are, being a strong center like so many women have to be in tough times. It really moved me with all of that that you took the time to go to the post office and send me such a big letter. So thank you so much, Michelle.
Speaker 2: Noonan, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: And do you know replying to me was the best thing because I said to my husband what I was going to do, and he just shook, he said at me.
Speaker 1: So I was like, that's the kind of support you need in the long term marriage. That's what you know. You've got a keeper. I goes, don't bother, don't aim high.
Speaker 8: He won't care.
Speaker 1: I won't even get to him. But no, I loved it and it really touched my heart, Michelle, which is why I wanted to send you the reply. Now, Michelle, we're going to give you the dryer.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 1: Really you got it, my friend. It's a Bosh eight Keno heat pump dryer is come at you, noony y, we begin the winning with the mighty Michelle Noonan a goddess.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and congratulations on creating such a wonderful show.
Speaker 1: Bless you and enjoy that heat heat dryer. Okay, I will all right, Thanks Michelle, Noonann, we go bless you, Ludy go to Now we go to beautiful words, great writing as well. We should have here Greg. Good morning, Greg.
Speaker 10: Morning Christian, Happy birthday to you and all, and hello to Petsy and Rio later show.
Speaker 1: Listen, Greg, what a beautiful card you Now tell me this. Did you use a ruler or can you write that straight?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 10: I must admit I didn't use a ruler. I mean it's not my writing, suddenly said, it's your writings like a snail calling across the No.
Speaker 1: I loved it now, I read I read it twice. It really moved me. I must thank Stella as well. You're part of a double out there, Greg and Stellar. It's like sixty singer you know, on tour on RSL somewhere this weekend. Greg and Stella. I love but no, you said so many lovely things. We're going to give you the Bosh induction cook top.
Speaker 10: Oh jeez, we wrapped. Thank you. That's let's that's fantastic, Christian, thanks very much.
Speaker 1: Now, Greg, what this means for you and the mysterious Stellar is you get faster cooking, reduced energy consumption because I haven't met Stella, but she strikes me someone that uses up a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: So it reduces Stellar's energy consumption. And there are seventeen power levels for each cooking. Wow, Greg and Stellar do? Wow, Greg go, Thank you very much, your car man, thanks for listening.
Speaker 10: To love the show. And it's just a great started. I thank you, Kristener. It's fantastic, great lessure.
Speaker 1: It's very kind of you to say a LOWD. Let's try.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 1: This was an incredible card. It really leapt out of me yesterday when I opened it. Made by you Amy. Good morning, Amy, Hello guys, Happy birthday Amy, Amy. How long did it take to make this incredible card for me.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of a rush.
Speaker 1: It was an afternoon, but it looks like you spent all day on this thing. It's a me that pops out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well at work, I made a well, I helped make I paid the city a few weeks ago, so I had a bit.
Speaker 12: Of a practice.
Speaker 1: It's so good. And also I love the fact toy you've made an old school transistor radio but in the shape of a heart.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, everybody loves gold.
Speaker 1: No, I love this. It's really good, so Amy, thank you very much. It really lit me up yesterday. Would open this up after the show. It's a beautiful thing you made. Thank you very much for doing that. Amy and Amy, we are giving you a prize.
Speaker 4: You are in Wow.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? No, I'm not. You're getting a bosh unlimited. You'll never stop vacuum me. You can't. You can't turn off. It's an eternal cleaner.
Speaker 3: Child.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a life of endless, infinite cleaning.
Speaker 12: It sounds brilliant.
Speaker 3: Thank you so very much.
Speaker 1: Guys pleasure, Amy, enjoy that infinite, unlimited rechargeable vacuum cleaner. Amy, thank you very much. Your lovely words and you can't take care.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christian, thank you very much to Kirsty Isles. Trying to hand deliver a beautiful birthday car to me this morning at six, but in the dark. It is dark this morning. I couldn't find the actual part of the Palaco building or a postbox. You're right, it's a really strange, mysterious Gotham city building. We're in amongst these sort of municipals, sort of healthcare provider level crossings, and then there's a race your station on the second flour. I'm so sorry went out your way. We would love to have you coming. You could have come into the students said hello, Kirsty. I feel really really bad about that, but I get it yet it is impossible, but thank you. Hopefully you didn't come out of your way for that. Patsy, how was your big lunch yesterday? You were doing You looked amazing in your dress.
Speaker 5: It was lovely. We had a Laura Ashley.
Speaker 1: Ashley, yes, a UK designer. Beautiful.
Speaker 5: No, not in any way, shape or form British. But no, I went along. I did pack so I had a beautiful dress.
Speaker 4: I was very happy with the dress.
Speaker 1: Something very expensive designer from Masachi or Gormou.
Speaker 5: Oh no, yeah, just an online purchase, very very ingenive. Not sheen, no, no, not.
Speaker 1: Keep guessing. No.
Speaker 5: But I did bring a lovely pair of boots to wear with it. Lovely pair of beige Swede boots. But you know, when you turn fifty.
Speaker 1: Huge jab fifty three. So let's be honest, shall we. You know, let's let's let's own it.
Speaker 5: I do own it, not fifty three.
Speaker 1: It's not what you're saying when you when you just had a birthday today.
Speaker 5: I just, you know, wearing heels. Some days you really got to be in the mood anyway. So to come to work in the early hours of the morning, I had just worn my trusty old white Sketches, which I will say had just as friend, No, not the old person's friend.
Speaker 1: I went in there about three months ago, and I thought because I just walked by and they looked so comfortable, and had a quick look on Google and there were five thousand and five star reviews. Right, wow, five thousand men saying so much comfortable. Yeah, just forget what you think about the preconceived of this. So I go do you know what. I'm at the age maybe I won't comfort. I go in. The guy goes to get me a pair. I had a moment of kind of essential acts and I got up and went, you're going and I went, what times you shut? You put the box here? I went five o'clo. We were going to do this. Yeah, my wife needs you to look at some They walked out. I'm not there yet, Pats there soon.
Speaker 8: I love the choice.
Speaker 6: It's a lifestyle choice.
Speaker 1: It is over style choice. No, but it's a confidence choice. You're saying now that comfort matters more than things. I don't care how you look something.
Speaker 5: I love these sketches so much. These are my third pair of worn out. The other two I've got the exact same model of shoe. But what I'm wondering is is it socially.
Speaker 1: People like you're listening right now, which ones you well? What are they? The sketches what?
Speaker 5: I don't know what the model is, lady's own five or I don't know what they are. But they've got like tiny.
Speaker 1: Little tongue five lady feet five with like a.
Speaker 5: Silver tab on the back of them.
Speaker 1: Got them at my love them, love theming. Itn't blinging it no crusty for nice?
Speaker 5: Is it okay to wear them to a social It's I'm finding that more and more people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a person on a cruise.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you're a nurse and you're in the hospital, perfectly.
Speaker 1: Nurse of news is Florence Patsing Girl.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast o Asius.
Speaker 1: What's the story? Morning Glory, Good morning.
Speaker 13: It's the Christian O'Connell's show Gold one oh four point three last year when the unthinkable was announced but the Gallagher brothers Lim and no were actually going to do the unthinkable, and having interviewed them both separately so many times over the years, Liam had always been up for a reunion. Noel was very much never up for him, and a lot of people like, what's brought the mat together again?
Speaker 1: Is it the millions and millions and millions. I'm sure that's factored into it. I don't think it's all about that they've been offered so much money to do Glastonbury just as a one off show. You can you two just be on the same massive stage one hundred feet apart at gaston The pyramid stage is huge. You don't have to talk to each other. You stand there, you stand on the other side of the wing. You weren't like twenty million each. They still said no to that. I think it's about them getting into their middle of their life. And I think it's their mum who's not been very well, Peggy, who's had too many Christmases where her sons can't be at the table with her. I think it's all of that. And I saw an interview last year where one of their I think it was Liam's son, said that obviously Liam and No have children now, and they're in their twenties, so they're not kids. Don't fully understand why their two uncles don't speak to each other. And obviously they've gone online, they've listened to the music. They know this family story, and this happens to families all over the world, from like the Raw family now fractioned and two brothers that that can't be together in their fifties and so, and they said it started to become really awkward. Why they they were worried about going to talk to each other because obviously they have so much to talk about. The dads were in one of the biggest, most important bands in the world, you don't even get to talk to, you know, a family relative like that. Crazy, And so I think that it became a bigger, bigger thing. Whereas that really going to be the legacy of Oasises. They were just two brothers that couldn't get back together. So it's an amazing story and rock and roll has these stories. And when it was announced last year, what was incredible. I never thought I'd ever see Oasis back together, and it's just like they both were like it was just I couldn't see how it could ever happen. And then when it was announced, it became this incredible global news event. And over the last couple of years, the biggest demand tickets have been Taylor Swift. And I was with my daughters last year at the MCG the Eras tour, and it was incredible. I saw what it did to all the wide eyed fans that her music really really speaks to them, It connects them. They're drawn to Taylor Swift. This was me an Oasis when I was in my twenties one. I had no money. There were two working class boys like me from very poor backgrounds. They just lit so many people up. They're about dreaming big. They actually dreamt big, they made their dream happen and living it large, and that's what you want from your rock stars. Now rock stars don't speak and behavior like that for very good reasons. Okay, back in the nineties they were that energy where you could dream big and actually make it happen. There was something very magnetic about Oasis and the way they were. I haven't seen them live over the over the years. You know, the live show isn't really about the quality of the music. It's about the connection with the fans. I saw it Tyler Swift, completely different acts, but the same that wide eyed what it's like to have your favorite band that really just connects you in ways you don't really fully understand. So what I'm saying is this news that is now only that last year was next year. They're coming to London, They're coming to Australia, They're coming to Melbourne, getting tickets, trying to get tickets. That now is now next month. They've been rehearsing over the last couple of weeks. I can tell you I've got friends who've been to the rehearsals. Lim isn't even there yet, No wants have grown ups in the room, for a while. First of all, before we've beat the old Luce cannon in I reckon E's going to do it like two days before they go on stage. You know, all right, we've done the hard work. Brother, You turn up and do your bit, okay, just wander on stage and stare at the crowd menacingly. So this is that's an amazing prize. I am so jealous to be there in London at Wembley Stadium, which is an amazing venue. Ninety thousand people. How many sold out nights are Wassis doing in Wembley.
Speaker 6: Seven and seventeen in the UK. That's sold out in record record time.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest demand for a live concert ever in the UK, Bigger than Beyonce, bigger than Taylor Swift and fat for men and women of a certain age. This is our eras tour, This says actually my era. So I've finally worked out what it is and I know it is for a lot of people, but just a huge demand here in Australia for the shows in Melbourne Marvel as well, just selling out so quickly. So we're going to fly two of you to London July the twenty fifth and that's the first night in London. Andre and I were just saying, I'm actually jealous because to be there when those two boys walk on stage together and then start up whatever the first song is, I wouldn't be surprised if it is, what's the story Morning Glory? Like they pick it up like the sixteen years of animosity. It doesn't matter anymore. It all just dissolves the back. Who cares why they're back. We get to have it one more time, to re experience that joint. You're not just reconnecting with a band into left fifties. I think actually you'll reconnect him with that twenty or teenage version of yourself. There's always that band where at some time in your life they come to you at the right time. They're like they're everything too. And that was the otis from you in many people all over the world. So this is an amazing price. We're going to fly two of you to London. We can put you up in a great hotel right in the middle of London. So even in London in the summertime, well theory in the summertime. So don't we put that in the tea's and c's. He did say it should be summertime, but I haven't been through so many of those UK summers it can be a bit sketchy. Hopefully it'd be summertime. It should have been through it summertime. You'll have a great week in London and on that Friday night on behalf of the show, you'll be reviewing it. On the Monday back, you'll be there to see history, basically rock and roll history in London. So the way you do this, I want you to I want us to go to a fan. Obviously, I am aware that this is a great prize, but I really, my heart really does want to be giving it to someone that is an Oasis fan that isn't just doing this to get a trip to London. And I'd understand, and if you want to do that, please don't take part of this. I want it to go to a fan that is really going to be one of those whoever is you're taking out there, whether you're looking at each other, will always remember this. I can't. It's even better in a way seeing them when they're at the peak of their powers in the nineties. There's something more magical about something which didn't look like it was ever going to happen. You'll be part of rock and roll history to say, oh I was there, I was actually there the opening night in London with all of that energy and excitement and joy again. So the way you do this, I'm asking you to pick an away song, anyways of song. There are so many to pick from. Write your own lyrics about why we should pick you and send it to me. The number one thing to remember with this competition, we've done this company us before, wildly entertaining. You know what I'm about to say, Rio, this is not a singing competition. You do sing, but this is not idle. It's not X factor. It's more about energy and passion and haven't seen the boys lives so many times not great life. Sometimes not great life, too much drink and the rest of it doesn't look up vocal course, lads, not great life. It was never about that, you know. It's more about the energy and the passion and the enthusiasm. That's what's going to win this sweet So it's sing it and win it. To go and see Oasis live in London. You can email your entries. You've got a couple of days and weeks. You write your own lyrics to any Oasis song about why it should be you winning your way there? Email your entry. You can record it on your phone, video audio the Little Voice memo. We give all these details up online as well. But the most important thing you need to know right now is you need to start thinking about an Oasis song and start thinking about your own lyrics. Are you going to sing it with who might be coming with you or is it just going to be you? Email me your entries when they're ready. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au, good luck, let's do this.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Did you know Kevin Sheedy as a connection in Oasis through at Uniting? What don't drop something like that? A grenade? Do that in the Fishponds? Scottmanfirs. That's all they said. Maybe try and get him on or Dave Matthews the g WS Giants who is there and tells the story. It's a great story, you love it. I know nothing about this. We have to find out. Is it a good story?
Speaker 8: Rings a Belle?
Speaker 6: I can't remember what it is, but there is a connection.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, we've had Kevin Sheedy on them before. Actually, who's conning Christian. He was brilliant, very very funny. All right, Scott, well pick up the case on that one. Now today is seventy years of the Christian O'Connell Show and thanks to one of our first sponsors to jump on board. In fact, he was Rob from n S got together with Bosh. They're helping us celebrate our seventh birthday. Bosh end of financial yearsl ends Monday only Ean s. We have some big prizes to give away and the way we're doing this was surprising people who sent me a birthday card.
Speaker 7: Seven years of Christian show.
Speaker 1: It's a lobration.
Speaker 8: Peez god seven.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, let's go to sending me a beautiful spark golden, golden card. It's you, Deborah, Deborah, thank you so much for the birthday card. It's beautiful. Hello, Hello Debrah, Hi chust.
Speaker 5: Seven.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much, so thank you so much to take the time to make such a beautiful handmade card as gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you.
Speaker 8: I did that with my neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh kind And you wrote a poem as.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, well, very quickly we did.
Speaker 14: Come up with a little one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a new one. No, no, this one, Yes, that one. It's your birthday today, but a cake we cannot bake. Our cook is long time broken, so we hope pity can be take It's a haiku, right, okay, Yes, we'd love to win the oven forever grateful, we would be all right, Yoda Gold is a champion rest radio station. Enjoying our special day. We hope you have a blast just like we have had listening for the seven plus year is past. That is beautiful, Yes, Debrah, Yes you can help the oven well.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 1: A Bosh Serie two electric built in oven with pop out controls for an easy to clean front. I wish I had an easy to clean with pop out controls.
Speaker 12: Thank you, thank.
Speaker 9: You, thank you, thank you girl.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Me actually maybe takes down at the end the zebra. Listenbra, and hopefully for the opening and the first Millia bake and the of and invite that neighbor round. Huh.
Speaker 14: I will be, I will be.
Speaker 3: I'll be baking up my muppin.
Speaker 1: Woh okay, lovely, all the boys come running in the yard when those muffins are around, all right, Deebra, thank you very much, Thanks Christian, thank you now let's get to Tony with an Eye. Tony with an eye, good morning.
Speaker 3: Oh, happy birthday Christian.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, Tony, open up your card. It's leanam Niesel on the front there as well, which really made me laugh. And then confettis and glitter spilled all over my hands. I was marked yesterday glitter. My mother was up. You've been to a strip club, I said. Card from Tony with an Eye with an eye, thank you very much for this beautiful cake. And I've got to give for you. I'm giving you a beautiful washing.
Speaker 12: Machine, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: It's a front loader as well, proper great washing machine by Bosh. You've got eleven watch programs, Catton Easy Care delicates so you can tackle any load. It got me right in the fields, all right, Jeles, you enjoyed that washing machine, not Jews Tony doing the wrong thing. Tony, Tony all the emotion, no one, are you're going to be quiet? Was like someone flipping as to what it is. What's happening to Tony with that? I the glitter and Tony, I no, I'm taking that oven off you. You're getting it. You're getting a dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Brilliant yet Yes, she did.
Speaker 1: She did. These people you give them, give them a treat like that, Tony. Tony get dishwasher, stainless, stale freestanding dishwasher. It's yours.
Speaker 3: Awesome. That is awesome.
Speaker 12: New that much.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thank you, Tony. Glad we clear that up. Jeels, guess what you're getting, Joels, Jewels, You're getting the washing machine. Thank you very much. Thank you birthday. That's why it's your birthday today, isn't it, Jewels, Well.
Speaker 12: It is because I just want to wash the machine.
Speaker 1: Yes you have, yeah, I mean, oh, grabby hands. Tony tried to get it, but I was like, you got Tony with an eye, Tony tools, you get the washing machine. I knew that was all meant to happen like this. It's all going for a while today. And also thank you. This is obviously a moon Pig card. It is so funny. It's really really clever. It really made me laugh yesterday when I opened it up. Thank you.
Speaker 12: Oh I hope you get the Christine spelt on the front.
Speaker 1: I got the Christine. There's a lot of good jokes in there. And also now on the inside there's a couple of photos obviously taking the effort to go and find. Now there's one I think we did a couple of years ago. Are you the woman in the photo?
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's that's our billboard.
Speaker 12: And my husband nearly died he was in You called him.
Speaker 1: To get the message on there on the billboard.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you are so kind you gave them all the billboards and he was so wrapped up.
Speaker 1: And how is Marc.
Speaker 12: He's amazing, He's absolutely amazing Christian. He's done such a great recovery. It was a really long hard struggle for bypass. But no, he's doing great.
Speaker 1: Well send him all our best as well today as well. But a big day for you guys. Marco, thank you very much for the message as well. But there's a photo above that with me, Pats and a woman. I don't think it's you.
Speaker 14: No, No, that's not me.
Speaker 12: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, Oh, that's a lady. That's that's jewels. No random woman who's gotten this moon pink car from you? Just like to look at her?
Speaker 3: Is she younger than good?
Speaker 1: I don't even know where she is out there?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: I have we need to put this woman up. Who are you? Mister lady? In my birthday cards, and I know.
Speaker 12: You asked for handwriting, so I actually will. It's stinger written. I had to upload the whole alphabet and it's very wonky writing too, but that is my writing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, is that what you did? God? That must have taken a lot of effort.
Speaker 12: Did take a lot of effort?
Speaker 1: Well stop it? Anytime someone uploads their finger writing, is it really touches me? Jules said, no, the best to Mark as well. I'm going to try and find in this mysterious woman is Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd love to know she'll go back to you.
Speaker 1: All right, So everyone got it?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: You want to the washing machine, didn't you? Jeels? I'm just checking.
Speaker 3: I did want to watch machine.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Thank you for all the love of laugh over the year.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. Likewise, thank you very much. Everyone happy. Yeah, Tony want that discu didn't she? She made that very clear.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast, Christian O'Connell show, Your chance to call in and win right now an amazing prize.
Speaker 1: So many prizes today, seven big prizes thanks.
Speaker 13: To I and S.
Speaker 1: This is a big one open to you right now on the phones. Most born phone thirteen fifty five twenty two. It is a Bosh stainless still six hundred and five liter quad door fridge. Now we're up to speed with the try door fridge. The big ones and then the draw the freeze often laid in there, small shallow drawer for chock ices, magnums and such. Maybe some peas you want to put in there as well, bigger drawer down a moment, your chips and stuff like that. Anyway, I don't need to get into how you audio fridge, but just in case any of you who are in confused about the tri door system, how do you go from three to four?
Speaker 6: You couldn't, you'd be a madman.
Speaker 8: You can.
Speaker 1: So sometimes I don't want to open that big old freezer drawer up and go like god, all this other stuff in here, because I'd rather have two doors for the freezer down the bottom. Why can't down below have the life that the two big doors upstairs have? What's this call this whole kind of you know upstairs downstairs draw We're not down to an abbe.
Speaker 6: But it couldn't be done Christian engineering mirror.
Speaker 1: That's the egg EDGs that work out. Bosh, you've got double doors and down the bottom to be like Mummy and Daddy upstairs with the big double doors. Everyone gets double doors. You get a quad door fridge. How do you get this?
Speaker 8: A mad.
Speaker 1: So sad fine.
Speaker 6: To call their team Christian pigx up so can.
Speaker 1: Oh washing? This is obviously saying when Jack was on the show and you never thought you'd get that check. I bet if I asked you to sing it now, Oh yeah, you'd sing like an angel. Win your.
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Jackson could be on the show for g who rio, I'm.
Speaker 6: Matter payfune try it anyway.
Speaker 1: The first person to call me on thirteen fifty five twenty two from a payphone wins the quad door fridge. Wow, payphone, payphone, payphone.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey Christian here today Then June fourth, twenty twenty five, seven years of the Breakfast Show, We've been given away six of the seven big prizes so far. The last and final one, thanks to Bosh and Es, is this megafridge. It's a quad door fridge. We asked you to be the first person a pull over and find a good old fashioned payphone and give me a call on thirteen fifty five, twenty two. You're ready.
Speaker 7: Seven years Christian show.
Speaker 1: It's a so lobration.
Speaker 8: Heeez god seven?
Speaker 4: Yes, yo.
Speaker 1: On the line now from a payphone? How don't believe in East Gippsland? Is that you, John?
Speaker 14: Yes it is so we can hear you.
Speaker 1: It's like you're on the moon.
Speaker 14: Where are you, buddy in a payphone in the too?
Speaker 1: Yes it is, yes, so East Gibson, isn't it? Oh? South Gipsland? Okay? And how did it take you long to find the payphone?
Speaker 14: Oh no, I just I just live near it, so out of the.
Speaker 1: Door, so a very short trip forew to win.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, I couldn't believe it. I was thought, Oh I got to the payphone. I oh man, I forgot the number and then we had to run back in and get it again.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what those delivery drivers ines have got a bit of a drive out from the Bridge City out of Gibson with a mega fridge. Fridge lugged that out there. I love it, John. So do you need any fridge buddy?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that good. Yeah, I'm always in for the who is it you're wired to fridge?
Speaker 1: Twenty four to seven? You can wake me up at two am and say you've got a new fridge, and John, I understand. Did you also send us a birthday card?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I posted off on Monday.
Speaker 1: I won't get it till next year from next thing.
Speaker 14: No, it's not that bad. I put priority post on it. You'll probably get it today.
Speaker 1: All right, Well listen, I'm so glad and that you're the winner from the payphone there and John, enjoyed the fridge, and thanks for sending me the card. I look forward to.
Speaker 14: Reading to get fantastic. Thanks very much. I love your show listen since day one.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you John.
Speaker 14: You guys I just laugh every every day.
Speaker 1: Oh blessure. Such a lovely thing to say. It's a joy to do the show with people like you. John. That would enjoy being part of the show as well. Thanks to walking to the bottom of your road to get that pay phone.
Speaker 14: All right, joyout fifteen twenty steps.
Speaker 1: They're the hardest steps in life, those first fifty. And John, you made a get a nice drink for those removal guys are coming out of that fridge in your place.
Speaker 14: I'll try and look after it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you, John, take care, well done.
Speaker 14: Thanks very ruts.
Speaker 4: Christian Christian O'Connell show go on.
Speaker 1: Podcast, Christian, you sound, by the way like Jeremy Irons in Die Hard when you were talking about you must call me now from a payphone, simple simon, met up, hymen, great spot? All right, coming up next?
Speaker 8: Believe it or not? What you gotta be?
Speaker 1: Justhing me.
Speaker 8: Like we are you with Cheryl who married?
Speaker 1: Who was with?
Speaker 8: A Sheryl.
Speaker 4: Who married?
Speaker 8: A Hunt has what?
Speaker 1: Every Wednesday on the show, we look for your stories of coincidence and chance Call me thirteen fifty five twenty two.
Speaker 14: When I was.
Speaker 9: Born, it was either a debate that I was called Jennifer or Stephanie. My middle name's Catherine, start with a C. And we got neighbors a few years ago with three girls in The names were Jennifer, Catherine, and Stephanie, and Katherine's felt the same way.
Speaker 10: I had a new guy start at work. We're chatting away whatnot, and he goes, hey, did you ever go out to this bar a bit half an hour away?
Speaker 1: I go, yeah, yeah, I did. What are the odds of this?
Speaker 10: I had invited him back around to my house in the group of our party. Wouldn't know this guy from a bar of soap? Look back at my snapchat and I'll find a video of this guy.
Speaker 1: Makes you want to do a quiz? Now, would you know this person from a bar of soap? I've never, ever and on we has heard that from. Added to my ever increasing list infinitist of Ossie's sayings a live what are the odds? Has happened? Twenty minutes ago we gave Tony with an Eye a brand new tishwasher. She's just gone to use her sixteen year old one. It's just packed your She just emailed me, Yes, what are the Tony with an Eye? All right over to you now. Your story is thirteen fifty five twenty two. It is eight o'clock Wednesday morning. So far this is the midpoint of the show. In any week. We haven't given away one thousand dollars for our instant Calder of the week. It could go with your story of coincidence and chance. By the way, just tune in for the first time, you think. All right, so these stories of coincidence and chance, are they about consumer goods breaking down? They're not. But I won't be mad if you have got any order today.
Speaker 4: Okay, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Our first today. Then we have Doug Welcome to the show, Doug Christian Doug, what are the odds?
Speaker 15: Well, my story is that when I was at nineteen, my friend and a few others decided to move the teacher's car and twisted twisted his and they went into hospital. So I said, I'll come and see you Wednesday, Steve. And then on Wednesday I turned out to be quite a sunny day, so for the climb, I go, is it not going to go to Steve, I'll go for a bike ride instead. And I went for a bike ride and got hit by a car and they ended up taking me into the same hospital and the same room, straight across from Steve.
Speaker 10: While his family was.
Speaker 1: So you were going you were destined to go meet him that day.
Speaker 10: I should have just done what I said I was going to do.
Speaker 1: In my mind, was it that car you tried to move that actually knocked you off on that bike?
Speaker 15: And even the next day they're going, come on, people need this bed, you know, like I'd set this whole thing up and got plaster on my lead from hip to tell what.
Speaker 1: That's a nice jo wrong? Doug, thank you very much his story. Yes, Hello, hello, Bob, Welcome to the show. What are the ards.
Speaker 11: Bobby Boy, Okay, I had a bait. He's down deceased. He's been going for about ten fifteen years now. He was a Vietnam veteran.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 11: And when he was coming home on HbA or Sydney in the late sixties early seventies, he must have had a really bad time over there, because when he was out in the Gulf of Vietnam or where we're on the way home back to Sydney, he threw his dog tags overboard when he came home. He came home and then he died of cancer.
Speaker 16: A fisherman from Vietnam obviously pulled him up in his debt or on his line, found the dog tags and did some research and sent them back to his family here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a beautiful story. And they've got them.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they got the dog tags and he threw overboard on HBO Sydney on the way back home after twelve months in Vietnam.
Speaker 1: What incredible story.
Speaker 11: So what are the odds of that?
Speaker 1: You're right, Yeah, that's pretty That's a big one. I've got to be honest, Rob, that is a bob That is a big one. What a beautiful thing for the Vitnamese fisherman to do as well. He got a time and effort to send them back.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly right. Yeah, if he picked them up in his dead or on his own or however they fish over there, obviously did some research to the name and number and everything and sent them back to his family, and his wife has still got Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're right, thank you you call. I've actually pulled it myself in the phrase fish over there. You're right. You're right, those Vietnamese and the same in my homeland. You don't. Don't even get me started about how in people fish. You're right, it's Vietnamese fish, went out fish. They use their pinkies to catch fish. That's how they do it over there.
Speaker 4: You know the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian Happy seven years on the show. Today, you and the team have given me laughter, smiles and tons of useless information. Perfect. Thank you very much. I know you wanted to handring cards, but at the moment I'm holidaying in Cairns, but I want to tune in today to say happy birthday to you and the team. Lorraine. Thank you so much. That's very connor you do on your holidays up there. I love the way Lorraine, Lorraine gets it. She signs off here Lorraine bear rackets as in grizzly very good. Yes, yeah, that's back tomorrow, this time tomorrow. Actually the name game, as in all right, what are the yours? Before Patsy's news in five minutes, let's go to great Name Ruby. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi Christian, have your birthday, Thanks Ruy.
Speaker 1: Now what is your story for? What are the odds? What have you got for us?
Speaker 2: So, basically, my dad was born in nineteen sixty eight and he was adopted when he was a baby. He grew up in Sydney with his adoptive family, and then when he was in his forties, he found his birth mother and reached out with her and learned that she'd had kids not long after him, and they had all gone to the same high school together and had been in the same like sporting settings and group parties and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, that is so that is so spooky for him to do work through.
Speaker 2: There's photos of them like at the same house parties.
Speaker 8: You're treating route.
Speaker 1: They had no idea of the incredible.
Speaker 2: Collect idea, not at all. Now. One of his sisters looked a lot like him too, So yeah, it is spooky.
Speaker 6: My older sister, Kimberly, she's adopted from South Korea, and we went in April to go, you know, on, to just start the journey to try and find her birth mother or father and see what.
Speaker 1: We can find.
Speaker 6: And haven't found anything yet, but it's a beautiful to go on. It is very emotional and I'm just it makes me so happy that he was able to find them and reunite. It would mean the world.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're still in contact now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. She's a part of our lives. So it's like I have an extra grandmother now.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 1: I love these stories where suddenly you've got an extra, extra part view, isn't there there's an extra the family expands. Yes, what a beautiful story. Ruby, Thank you so much for trusting us and sharing that as well. So very health felt story.
Speaker 2: Thanks a good day, Thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye, have we got here, Lorii, Good morning, Lorie.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christian, Happy birthday team.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Laurie Pleasure. You've been listening for long? Have you come over recently?
Speaker 3: Know this the whole seven years very rarely missed the show.
Speaker 10: Love.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Laurie. Thanks for being part of our lives as well. Now, Laurie's story for was mate.
Speaker 3: When I was a child, now I'm in my sixties, I was. My mum used to read me a book that was donated to my aunt. My aunt, so she's now she's passed, but she's about one hundred and one. She was donated. She was gifted a book as a reader when she was in grade one for good reading. The book was called Budge and Betty and we lost it, never found it. And years later, when my twins were growing up, they were teenagers, they had a friend whose mum worked at a regional library and that was closing down, and she gave us a box of books and she said, go through these books, you might like them. And in there was the book that was donated to my mind. Yeah, and in it is inscribed gifted to Audrey Brown for great reading in grade one. Now we worked out the book is at least ninety years old, and I've taken a photo and sent her to her daughter, who has confirmed it is the actual book.
Speaker 1: Want to cry?
Speaker 3: What for a wrong? Yeah? So all these years later I now have in my possession, the book that belonged to my aunt that I got read when I was a child, so I was probably three or four years old.
Speaker 1: And it's so much more than a book, isn't There all these more generations. So do you say ninety.
Speaker 3: Years it's at least ninety years old this book so much has happened showing that time, and we don't know where it went and where it got to or it. Yeah, all the.
Speaker 1: Young kids that would have read it and read it and enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and looks it's very tattered and torn and everything.
Speaker 1: And you consumer, I think a bit ted fi.
Speaker 3: I've been read in loved and obviously knew, but like, it's just such a key mistake. And now my daughter is in early childhood and I'm giving it to her as the next generation to take it on and give it and she'll have it for her children to read to them.
Speaker 1: So, you know what, not that long and it will go into one hundred years and beyond.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: There's something about the magic of children's books. I have virtually you know, you can't keep every keepsake from your children book. Virtually all the books I have kept and when you touch them. I bet it's saying with this book that special books, especially children's books, right, because their joyous things, children's books, they have this incredible energy to them. And about when you touched it again, you felt that almost like a magnetic energy to it when you touch them.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the wonderment of how I learned to explore as a child about what reading was all about. And I've tried to instill in my children that reading is an exploration of life and all the dreams that you can have. And now my daughter's doing that with her generation of children she's teaching, and it just warms your heart. It's just really warms your heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wonderment is a beautiful word. I love that word. A couple of years ago, I was going to do a podcast called Wonderment. I just I didn't have any idea what it was. I just loved the phrase and so I but I absolutely love the phrase wonderment. You're right, that is the power reading it is.
Speaker 3: It's the power of passing on and like for me, you know, my mum would be so thrilled to know that reading through that will be the fifth generation going through that book. It's gone through five generations, and then when my daughter has her child, it'll be the sixth generation. We'll have that book and keeping it going. And she said it'll pass through history again. And that's where it excites me that reading is still such a universal thing that we can all be part of, because like these days, you know, we've all got iPhones and iPads and all that, and we've lost that wanting to learn and read and enjoy. You know, there's nothing better than sitting in a corner and picking up a book and sitting in the sunshine and reading.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's the best thing. Well, just losing yourself in the book. And the important thing is that kids are listening right now. There's so many great powerful distractions your phones and your game stations and playboys now. But what reading does and why it's really important to because it gives you empathy. Because if you can't read a book and not empathize about a character you don't even know, whether that's Harry Potter. You have to enter into somebody else's world and imagine what it's like to be them, and right now, they're One of the things that we're losing is empathy for each other. It's a very angry time to.
Speaker 3: Be alive to where their thinking is, where they're going on their journey. It's the transportation of you going into their mind and where they're taking you on a journey of what you're reading. And yeah, I just loved That's what reading is to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lauria, it's the same to me. Literally, my life was changed with my dad. We didn't have a lot of money for new books or books and meals growing up. That dad took me to the local library where it's free, and reading changed my entire life. I still read three or four books a month. My dad in that moment, introduced them at the age of nine. Of the joy of books changed everything for me. I learned more from books i did at school. I wasn't gring to school. The books change my life still do now anything. If I'm ever any good at this is because of reading. That's it for me. Every single week of reading something, I love it. Laurie. This has been like it's like listening to a Ted talk and no, no, a better Ted talk actually, because it's spontaneous and the way you have a like a word magician that comes from someone who has a deep love of learning and reading.
Speaker 3: I think that's just old age.
Speaker 1: I think no, no, that's mastery. That's mastery. That's not old age. That is mastery, Laurie, that's what it is. You should know that now listen. A very small gift, but I'd love to say thank you, because you never know who's listening when you when you have conversations like this on the radio. We're doing the show and it bubbles along and it's all froth and it's lovely. And then sometimes it's lovely about the show we have and people like you, Laurie's when sometimes you can dip a bit deeper into a conversation and I love that what you said about the joy of reading and that powerful story. You never know who won't we be listening right now, a kid who's having a tough time, or actually just Fanci's reading because somebody outside of Mum and Dad said you should read. It's good for you. It really really is. It did transform my life and still does and you know what it's done for your family's love as well. So as a small thank you, I'd love to give you one thousand dollars for our Call of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Oh no, honestly, your your story and just what you said is so powerful reminder to all of us about the joy of learning and understanding what it is to be us and be alive.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Christian. That really makes my day.
Speaker 1: How many books can you get with that? Can I come down bookshopping with you? Maybe one or two for me?
Speaker 3: Well? The surprising thing is most of my books come from Vinnie's or something.
Speaker 1: That's a great place to get them. Though.
Speaker 3: I volunteer, and so does my daughter. We do.
Speaker 1: That's what you do. Yeah, you are those people, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Volunteer we do. What a lovely we get it. Thank you, Christian, and thank you for the show. I love it. I listen to it every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Worry Lurie. Really beautiful chat. It's a real joys chat to have with you today on a very special day for us. Laurie, You're awesome. Thank you very much for your story as well. So mad and enjoy spending that one thousand dollars you can actually buy a finish.
Speaker 3: I donate some money to them too.
Speaker 1: All right, good on you, all right, thank you a deep joy for all of us, and we'll have everyone listening right now. Thank you very much, Lorrie. That's lor there. What a beautiful mind of the joy of books. She's our instant call of the week. How could it be anybody else at Lorry This week all thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. Tax time is trade in time at Mercedes Benz Berrick, The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you Tinamu. Just coming up for twenty tonight professionals.
Speaker 5: Ever, why stop now? Oh?
Speaker 1: I knew she couldn't maintain that of kindness? Can even make three hours? Well? We read a book, Patsy, What a great price? Today on the Best in Show, I know you love the Japanese restaurant on Collins Street Yakimono love. Oh well, now, dear listener, you can live like producer Rio. Make your next Colins Street outing unfigettable with a Japanese inspired feast and yakemono dinner on us. Today is thank a real estate Agent Day. They thank you so much, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Have you got your shoes back yet?
Speaker 6: Actually I should thank Jesse from Barry Plant for looking for my black vans. He did a group text to everyone that was at the inspection.
Speaker 1: But he's at Monday group text, isn't it where people are worried about speaking to a real estate agent.
Speaker 6: Yes, actually that's a good point. Yes, I still haven't had any bites.
Speaker 1: But I think who ever got yours because they've got a bigger size than what they were. They've got a ten when they're a nine, they've got the better deal. You're you're the one that's actually uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: He just wear a fig of sock.
Speaker 1: I'm walking away. They may have actually discovered that actually there's a bit more room in that ten. Yes, you know. Yeah, I knew a friend of mine who, at forty seven realized he'd been wearing the wrong shoe.
Speaker 5: Size is as a woman, though your feet do get bigger after you've had a baby. Like your feet, your nose does get bigger.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm wing up half a size, really, from a seven.
Speaker 1: And a half to an aunty. All right today, then we're looking for your real estate. Movies con in sixty seconds, God freehold Willie Silver, a viewing to kill. Oh, God gets very busy. People get very narky with each other, moving Miss Daisy Silver and commission impossible. Oh very good God, woh yeah, what have you got real real estate movies?
Speaker 6: I've got ray White Chicks.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that is gold plus very good.
Speaker 3: Going Going Gone girl.
Speaker 1: That's bronze and Biddy Elliott also gold as well. Well done. What have you got there? We're looking for real estate movies? Oh four seventy five three one oh four three, good luck.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, your time waste today? Real estate movies. You're ready to mark? Western show off to a great Japanese restaurant, Yakimono calling runnings, Oh, very good, goal smart one, gav open Homer, The Lisa Academy, Oh, clever golf, What bid Mamma's house? These a very good weekend at Bernie's open house. And here, well done, dude, wears my shoes. You've made it into the time waste. Say you've been anointed by the listeners. Mark, well done, Big Mumma's Townhouse. Silver, Dude, wear's my vans? Along Cane Barry Plants Silver, Harry Squatter, go on, very good. Finally, dude, where's the section thirty two? Very good? Who's the best in show today? The Lisa Academy Lisa Academy wedder Nicola, thank you very much for being part of our show. You are the show, We are the show. We continue tomorrow see them take care.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast