Speaker 1: Well, Mitch and Laura, I do have some news to share that I have already sort of sort of shared. But I didn't ever think this day would come. But I said yes to the dress.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you've chosen a wedding dress. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's so funny because I think most people spend their life, like, not spend their life. I shouldn't say that, but a lot of people think about their wedding. They think about this time in their life, what it's going to be like, what they want, the dress that they'd love. I know a lot of my friends had folders of dresses save Yeah.
Speaker 2: So many little girls grow up dreaming about their wedding and dreaming about what that day is going to be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I grew up in the Marty as a tomboy. I didn't grow up dreaming about my wedding. And so when I realized, I was like, Wow, I'm thirty seven years old, this is actually going to happen. I'd better start thinking about it. I didn't really know what I wanted, but I found this amazing designer actually sort of threw you, Mitch Stephen Khalil, and I went to him with like all these different ideas of dresses that I loved a bit crazy, like some of the stuff I'll tell you one day.
Speaker 2: Like what you want to see it, but.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, there are a lot of stuff that well basically, he was like, have a think about different aspects of dresses you liked. So I did, but you can imagine I'm not a very artistic person like that.
Speaker 2: So you like, I want a Peplin skirt, but I want big f fee like yeah, shoulder pads. I also want to train that goes like seventeen stories, and.
Speaker 1: I want a hat, and I want to whatever. Like, it was so many different aspects that we got there, and he was like, I love all these ideas, but not together, and we had to wind back a lot. Anyway, I am, we are creating a dress that I think we have finally finished with. The sketches are done, we're doing the calico fitting. I think it's incredible. And I did put it on the fake one because it's not major. And yeah, I was a little bit a little bit teary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you tell your mom or your sister's.
Speaker 1: Or do you have a moment depressing? Really No, my sister lives overseas, so she didn't come with me, and my mum is five hours away so she didn't come on this. So my like friend slash stylist came with me.
Speaker 2: But I would have died to come with you. I would have loved to come, but you've already said that we're not allowed to see the dress until the wedding day. I will, I would literally, I will do anything. I will. I will borrow there. I think I know what it looks like. I know I'm going. I just know. I just think it's classic.
Speaker 1: You know when you get a jewelry box and you wind it up in that little you know, think about things bins around like the ballerina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's ballerina coded.
Speaker 1: I don't really scream ballerina.
Speaker 2: Did you try on any actual wedding dresses that were like finished wedding dresses and how did you feel when you put them on?
Speaker 1: I tried on two that's it over and two over two months, and I cried the first one and no one else did. That was all good, and then the second one was not me. So I didn't have any feelings. I was like, get that off me. But you know how everyone's like you have to try everything on to see if it's you. I was like, take that off me right now.
Speaker 2: To be fair, though, I mean how everyone says that. And I went into my wedding dress fittings having a very clear idea of what I thought I wanted and my dress was nothing like that original and I tried on heats of different things, and it was the dress that I never would have thought I would wear, was the one that when I put it on, I was like, Oh, this is it? Like, I love it.
Speaker 1: I feel the same this stress is. This isn't going to give anything away, but this dress is not what I thought I would wear.
Speaker 2: Has been seen at your fiance?
Speaker 1: No? Really, nah, I don't want him to see it. But you know what I think we're going to do. I think we're going to do a first look so he will see it before everyone else.
Speaker 2: I love that because also it means that then you kind of like get all the nerves out of your system before you walked on the aisle. But to be fair, I think one of my one of my most special memories about my wedding day was walking down the aisle with my two little girls were there and walking down the aisland seeing that at the other end, and like the look on his face was really special.
Speaker 1: I really want that. I don't want to do it to do a first look, but I want to free up the timel know where you'd usually go and do photos. So we're going to do the first look to get all of the photos out of the way so that the rest of the time we spend at the reception with our family, like idea, I don't want to get married. All of our families have flown from around the world and then we're like, hey, back in two hours while we do photos. You know, so cute.
Speaker 2: We're so excited for your breath.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a great time of year and free, Like it's going to be cold and it's just going to be a lot happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be snowing, and I like, you guys are really trying to throw people off the scent. It's going to be hot, it's going to.
Speaker 1: Be a long sleeve dress and the monsoon season season, So that's.
Speaker 2: A you've chosen.
Speaker 1: Everyone's Iceland