Speaker 1: Chris Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're going to do our Midwek schools.
Speaker 3: Now, this is where we ask you to ever think, are you winning or losing the week? So far as we're in humday Wednesday, have a think? Are you doing well this week? Are you winning or losing your week?
Speaker 2: So far? Jack? What are you up to?
Speaker 3: Jack's got to leave in You're out of here in fifteen minutes. Only Chack will book a piano tuner at nine am.
Speaker 4: I can only I'm working to his time.
Speaker 2: He can walk to your guys and tune that piano anytime.
Speaker 4: So that is my first loss to of my Midwek scores. I am down this week. The piano. Are you depressed? The keys and they don't spring back, It's all going out of tune. It's an old she's an old thing. And the piano tuner can only.
Speaker 3: Do n Tell me it's an upright piano. Yep, they look beautiful. I love upright piano, so I think they always look great, don't they. So how long have you had it?
Speaker 2: I've only had it a year, But a minute.
Speaker 3: You've had it a year and suddenly the piano the turn around rate in your house.
Speaker 2: Have you put the heart rack up? Yeah? No, I have.
Speaker 4: Today when they first moved to piano. So it's family friends who gave it to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: First I thought, oh great, it's free. What this is awesome free piano. Didn't realize that it would cost two hundred dollars to get it, transport it, and then another two hundred dollars to get the piano tuna to tune it up. Now it's only been a year and the keys are starting to go. It's already out of tune. So he's coming today to essentially say whether it's worth keeping or repairing or junk it. And I don't know how you junk a big three hundred kilogram upright piano. But he can only do nine am this morning, So thank you again for letting me have an early levers pass at eight thirds today. Then, also I mentioned on the show yesterday the mum ruined the Lego Master's Grand Finale for us. We had it on catch Up, Ready to Go. We watched it last night. It was good, but we knew the outcome.
Speaker 2: Shame.
Speaker 4: And then and this is the kicker and you hate this sitting down to watch the Grand finale of Lego. Go to the cupboard to get a treat. What are we going to watch with chips chocolate? What's it going to be? Nothing in the cupboard and we had to eat cooking chocolate as our dessert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 3: Once you've said to your stomach, I'm getting you a treat. Stomach doesn't understand when you let it down.
Speaker 4: It would be the equivalent of telling you, doug, hey, we're going for a walk and then just not like leaving the house.
Speaker 3: It's actually cruel you actually come. I struggle to regain composiuon rebalance myself. I am irritable and very very I think the phrase is inconsolable.
Speaker 4: So have you stooped as low as eating the cooking.
Speaker 2: I have to have something. They'll find something in there.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is you once you out, there's not You don't get the treat that you want to do.
Speaker 2: So you're losing the.
Speaker 4: Week so bad, stated of.
Speaker 3: 'con podcast doing midwek schools where on Wednesday, middle of the week we ask you if you're winning or losing the week so far. Christian, I'm winning a new job starting today, getting out the house. Finally, that's on Ethan, congratulations and enjoy you and you found freedom. I'm winning Christian a way to deliver concrete to the TV show with the Block?
Speaker 2: Do you drive a van?
Speaker 3: Because someone with the block and Blaze and order a van last night cut me up on South Road.
Speaker 2: They were hammering it along the road there and you cut me up. So that was that you.
Speaker 3: I'm actually pleased, hopefully to win this week. Favorite excited. I've also liked you.
Speaker 2: Jack got someone come around today to my house. But I respect that the show finishes at nine and I'm not free int all. Then you probably just got lucky with the hours that he could do. I told him.
Speaker 3: I told him the time I wanted as a Christmas present, I was told by my wife that I could get a vinyl turntable. Now you might be thinking, why have you got at Christmas was five and half months ago. Sometimes I've become too obsessed with stuff.
Speaker 2: I remember you looking for ages.
Speaker 3: It's overwhelming. Right you start to read up about the best kind of sound systems to get. First of all, went down a rabbit hole for weeks, whether or not what kind.
Speaker 2: Of speakers are they?
Speaker 3: Are they on the floor, because that gives a certain sound quantity apparently or are they on a stand the speakers? And this is just to have Vinyl music in a room in my house, right, and I'm on the wall.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have my twelve favorite album covers.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a cool idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Buy the turntable. And anyway, then you get into what kind of the wires can affect the sound and the coaxorce and all this I gave up. It was all just like two overwhelming. And then I said last week to get a guy out to give him my first quote. So today there's a Vinyl man coming out to give me a quote about turntables and what you do with the speakers. So I think these days you have to have something called a pre amp or an amp or some that to go with her to get that right warm crackle, to give it the sound it deserves.
Speaker 4: And how do you find him? Is he a true audiophile who knows about the different conductors of the copper in the wiring.
Speaker 3: Last year someone came round to wire in a TV we do only just moved into the house, right, and I was saying, oh, yeah, I want to get a Vinyl turntable in he goes, I shouldn't say this. I don't my company I'm currently working for do all that. But actually the old company I work for, there's a guy there who's a legend him.
Speaker 2: I've got him coming out today.
Speaker 4: Why do you sleep on it for five months?
Speaker 3: Because I got to information starts. I'm scratching as I don't don't know why I became just it was I was frightened and making a wrong move.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the best song. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: But if anyone does know what anyone else I should be talking to as well, because I'm not very good good quotes because they always do that thing, don't they?
Speaker 2: Okay, how am I sure when to spend? And then whatever you say, they chuck a little bit more on and go yeah yeah, yeah yeah, get a good one, could get a good one. Awful little bit more you could get.
Speaker 3: And the sound quante with that one, just that extra extra bucks just makes a big sound. So I'm nervous about getting the quotes. So I need to get a couple of vinyl legends out. But it's a very specialized area. But anyway, I'm super excited about it, about being able to play fine and again hopefully in my house. I just like, there's nothing that beats the sound of vinal to me.
Speaker 4: And when you choose your top have you chosen your top twelve albums to put.
Speaker 2: On the water?
Speaker 3: I'm like, have you ever tried to anyone trying to ask me to big a top five or tellery I'll take weeks on that.
Speaker 2: I' obsess over.
Speaker 3: I can't sleep my idea of hell and someone saying what's your top alm is no. I've even opened up a pinteresta count no terresta count. I'm cutting and pasting images and could the twelve look like that? Oh no, no, no, I need two Stones albums on the hang on? That means only one Boss album? Which one? Do I going for the album I love the most? All those iconic one Who's this twelve album really falls.
Speaker 2: It for me? Or for guests? Do I go for Pink Floyd that? I can't it? One with the Rainbow thro the Prison?
Speaker 3: But it's not my top twelve albums, but it's a great album covering. When you think about great album covers, there used to really be an art form and great album.
Speaker 4: You're puddy more thought into it than the rock and roll hall.
Speaker 3: Of now you understand why I've just stepped away, for it was stressing me out too much. Anyway, I'm super excited by the Vinyl guy coming at eleven thirty day. Patsy, what are your middleweach scores? Are you winning or losing this week?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 1: I'm winning by a trillion times a trillion. I haven't let a lot of people know about this. You guys know it obviously because it's very private and I didn't want to be defined by it. But I actually marked five years cancer free yesterday, and I'm so excited, So I'm all fine, there's no one needs to stress. I'm fine, I'm healthy. But I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and my brother was a year earlier, almost to the day, so we've obviously got a genetic link there that we didn't realize until that point. And I'm kicking goals and I'm here and I'm so blessed and I've got so much to be thankful for. So I don't think anything through the year could top the day Chris and I had yesterday and the news that we had so five years. So each year, as it progresses, my odds are getting better and better.
Speaker 2: Oh congratulations. Amazing.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and good on you for stepping forward to telling people as well, because people do.
Speaker 2: Please full you. That's amazing you. So five years yep.
Speaker 1: Five years, so I'm very very excited by that. But what I will say, if you feel that something's wrong, I had kidney stones, They've probably saved my life. That's how they diagnosed it was I had these kidney stones, and then when they looked, they thought, well, hang on, there's something there that shouldn't be there. And they got it very very very early. So that was definitely an added blessing. But I sort of felt coming up to it even before I had the stones. I just had this feeling that I don't know whether it was a woman's instinct, but something wasn't right, and I thought maybe I was being a bit new writing. You know, I was a mom with a three year old. I was tired, and I thought, look, I'm just run down. But I should have listened to my instinct then. But luckily when a time was on my side, so you.
Speaker 2: Did, and you're alive thanks to that as well.
Speaker 3: And you celebrate yesterday five years clear, which is incredible. What a terrifying ordeal that obviously we weren't working together and Jack and I did really know you. But that must have been a hard time to go through when you go through all the treatment, especially because you know, we know what been a mum means to you. So to come through all of that darkness and come to the other side to have yesterday must be very special for you and Chris and to us as well.
Speaker 2: Work with you and love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks guys, And it's you know, it's not something that already is something that I wi should never happen, but I've gained. I sort of try to focus on the positive, what it's brought to my life and that every day matters, and to make every day matter and don't waste any day and tell people. That's why people might think it's weird how I say on air, how I love the both of you, because I do tell people that you love them because it matters, you know, tell them that you love them. What's to be ashamed of opening up and showing your heart.
Speaker 2: Oh, bless you. I love you, pat We absolutely door working with you.
Speaker 3: Patsy. I love you too, mate. It's great news that you five years. Congratulations to you and christ as well, guys, all right, lovely pats, thank you very much. Puts a bit of shade on Jack and Ie one about whether we're winning or CHACKMONI I don't have it, no spread in the in the pantry. I'm running out of trees. But great news, Patson.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast