Speaker 1: I love that you've literally just walked in, and you've walked in and a wing.
Speaker 2: That's how I walk in the room.
Speaker 1: Where have you been?
Speaker 3: What have you been doing? By the way, Paul's on zoom, we can't say why. I've been told I'm not allowed to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well not until after the court case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's an interlockery agreement involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trevor.
Speaker 3: Trevor Long is here. You're only here because you need a place to stay.
Speaker 2: Who sponsors this show? How are you affording me?
Speaker 3: There's no Sponsorgo we should start making up fake sponsors for this show.
Speaker 1: I don't think you should given you too.
Speaker 3: Maybe it'll be something for like blue shoe or some sort of stiffy cream.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you say.
Speaker 1: Can you read this live read for cholesterol Medication?
Speaker 2: I'll do a live read for the Man Shake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Man Shake. Actually, you know what, what's that brand that sponsors everything? The dot com? The Ball Clippers, the Man Skates. You wouldn't be great with Man.
Speaker 2: Skates' lifestyle website. They've never reached out. What does that tell you about they're design to be involved with me?
Speaker 3: They would just be like that. Those Clippers would just get caught in his shoulders somewhere.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're worried he'll actually take his shirt off and show people what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will just stick with.
Speaker 2: Getting buff guys to shave themselves.
Speaker 4: Thanks, That's why they keep coming to me.
Speaker 1: I swear like any raiser knew your body would just look like it was burning down the Amazon. Come on, mate, what's wrong? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I was actually just going to grow a beard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm desperately trying.
Speaker 2: You'll hit puberty soon, Paul.
Speaker 4: I'm desperately trying. Yeah, I hope one day to look like Gordy.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, don't hope that any years ago.
Speaker 1: I found it.
Speaker 3: I found an old photo of myself the other day with a beard, and it's just really yeah, it's oh god, it's all kinds of no, I look like I'm from Paul's country.
Speaker 2: So I in the late nineties into the early two thousands didn't just so now I just just call this stubble right, and this is long at the moment, but it was full, like not crazy beard man stuff, But it just looked unkept like I didn't care because I didn't you been my passport photo at the time was horrible.
Speaker 1: You would have looked like a homeless terrorist.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where I was going with it. It was really the kind of thing that you really didn't want to present at an airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I got a new passport, but.
Speaker 1: You enjoyed the cavity search. It works out now.
Speaker 2: And then you got to get some action. I married a long time, you know, sometimes you got to find a he is this on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've never listened to I don't know how you start the show or anything.
Speaker 1: I do love how you rocked up in your snappy little coopra.
Speaker 4: Still, how was how was that going through?
Speaker 2: Best thing I've ever done?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so so in love with it. You do look cute in that Thank you mate. Yeah, it's funny. And I've always been a hatchback guy always. And then so I went to the one of the launches because it was one of those events, Paul, where there was a you know, drive days with the Murtoring journals, and then there was a fancy lifestyle thing influences. Yeah, I feel like there was some people I knew there, but anyway, and it was a pr person I'd never met before, so I just took the invite. It was the I wanted to go, so I'm like, yeah, sure cool, and drove the car and instantly in my video, like ten minute video. I wasn't even there for more than two hours. I just went on buying this car, right, and then I broke an embargo because I wasn't told there was an embargo, because they didn't think that anyone at that event would actually write a review. So I'm just like, I got home and wrote the review and you know, no drummers. And then someone reads me and goes, you know, it would be great if you just held off on that. I went why, and they go, because everyone else is holding off, And I went, well, why didn't you tell me? Mate? They panicked, panicked because I'm not shut up, Oh my god, panic because no, they panic because people like Paul would have lost their shit that a bunch of bunch of them are holding off on an embargo and all these annoying influences are now posting and I'm out here putting a reviewer, so look me with them very early, because.
Speaker 1: With all your respect, I don't think little Pablo is going to be threatened by your little review which was probably written on the bonnet of your car with a crayon and some butcher's paper.
Speaker 2: Listen, and we're.
Speaker 1: Spoken about it.
Speaker 2: We've spoken about other people in this industry, for whom you know, Paul Malman have worked with before. Trust me, they care.
Speaker 4: You know, you're absolutely spot on, Trevor. And the frustrating thing for me is I'd actually much prefer that system where you just get home and you just get it over and done with. But we have this ridiculous thing that if someone breaks an embargo by ten seconds, it is the end of the world. And to me, I just I really just think it's it's so stupid. I would just prefer to do it your way.
Speaker 2: And for me it was hilarious because initially it was just can you just take the word review out? Because it wasn't really detailed. It was just impressions more than anything. But could just take the word review out? And then a couple of hours later it was like, actually, could you delete it?
Speaker 4: There's so much.
Speaker 2: At that point, I'm like, yeah, I want to buy the car, so I'm hoping to sweet talk them here. So I took it down and everything didn't do me any favors on the car just quietly, so I shouldn't left it up. But anyway, so my first car was a say It Ibeitha and Paul that that's the reason I bought this car because Cooper is basically the brother or the sister or the love child of say It. And for me, this is just my world coming back, and so it's fucking perfect. My wife calls it a middle life crisis. I don't care.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're a virgin all over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, nerdy little virgin all over again. Love it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny true if they have we had the chance of two of the Cooper factory in Spain, and is it's a bit like the Czech Republic where everyone just drives a Scota. In Spain they're all driving Sayats and yeah, it's just crazy. And it actually it's an interesting brand because we're say It is a bit sort of a bit more sort of conventional Volkswagen like Coopra is like totally the opposite. It's it's sort of young, adventurous. The styling is really out there, and it's funny. The Spanish just just kind of do their own thing, which is just hilarious within the Volkswagen group, which is just typically German exactly.
Speaker 1: I think it's great though, Like we saw some of the stuff coming out of the Munich motor Shower that trip you just did. It looked great, right, Like they.
Speaker 2: Pushed the boundaries of the concept cars and then the real cars, Paul. They don't look that.
Speaker 4: Far off, Yeah, exactly. If you look at the Taviscan, which is their suv electric car that's coming, the concept looks virtually identical to the production car. And I think that they've just given Coopra all of that leeway to do kind of whatever they want. And it's great because you have all the Volkswagen underpinnings, so you know that it's been engineered correctly, and they've just been given a bit of latitude when it comes to design and sort of making it look really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And look, the thing is, I've always I've wanted an electric car for years. I just couldn't buy Tesla. There's fucking many of them on the road right now. It is just so Camri like, isn't it. It is hard to not look at it and just go I just don't feel you don't you want to be unique in your car.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I I think at the moment with the EV landscape, there really isn't that much to choose from, and you're right like Tesla are everywhere. I think the new ones look really cool, but pick of the bunch in terms of uniqueness is definitely Coopra.
Speaker 4: Actually I don't actually think they look cool at all. I just think that they're all. They're available in what like five colors, and every cheap person gets a white one, and then everyone who wants to look cool gets a red one or a blue one, and then the rest are just these pedestrian colors in between. I just that they have completely lost their appeal.
Speaker 1: This is coming from a guy who's going to wipe.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, what's your view when you own a car? What's your view on a small update aesthetically? So, for example, if I just bought a Model three, I would be out of my mind with the fear of that new look coming to Australia any month, any year, any whenever the hell it's going to be, because you're going to feel so old in the in the bubbly little thing you've got.
Speaker 4: Now, well, you know what I messaged trevoron threads about this exact same thing. My dad. I literally told him there is a Model three coming. He just ignored me, ordered it, and then he got his car delivered, and like literally four days later they released the update, and I said to him, Dad, are you like, do you even do you not listen to me?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I do? Dad?
Speaker 1: Does he know what you do?
Speaker 2: Do you think you're into crypto?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. That's the thing. People will just get whatever they want, and in this instance, he was getting it for the tax benefits, so he wanted it sooner rather than later. But ultimately with Tesla's the problem I have is that updates just appear randomly for no reason. And while the software updates and stuff are great, they are very much becoming a legacy car company now by doing visual updates, changing prices, doing discounts to clear stock. It is just another car company now that is dressed up as a big tech player, which.
Speaker 2: Is credit to them, though let's be real, that's credit to them for getting to that point and for having the volume that we are looking at them as if they're, you know, a camera on the road. It's just I'm still flabbergasted by how well they sell given the price people are paying. And I just I think in one of our other conversations, I talked about how it frustrates me that people buy a toy at a Corolla without driving a Key or a Hindo. Right, they just buy it because it's the trust in this brand.
Speaker 1: There's a brand loyalty there.
Speaker 2: But people buying Tesla's because I actually don't know why. Is it because they think it's the only way to get an electric car that's got a charging network? Is it because they think it's the most innovative car on the market. Did they drive a pole Star or anything else like that? I just don't think they are. I don't think people are driving other cars to find out whether or not it has the appeal.
Speaker 3: Well, here's one thing I think that stands out with Tesla, right, is literally the charging stations alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't disagree at all, but I think that if you absolutely analyze ninety percent of ev owners, most of them don't need to go anywhere near a public charger. Bloke in the in the office behind mine brought a Model three and a couple of years ago, and I said to him once time as I passed my mate. I've got a charger at the front of the office if you ever want to use it against mate. I've never been anywhere but at home, just plugged into the wall because I don't need to and I i've.
Speaker 4: Had it, doesn't have friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably are you charging your current home? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I installed a wall box at home, and even even with a normal power point, I would never have run out of time or anything at this point because I've never driven so far that in a day in Sydney that I needed to. And I took a road trip to my mum's a couple of weekends ago, stopped at Scone in the interim charger, stopped at Tamworth and the Tesla charge, and then drove all the way home without charging. Like that's the only time I'll use a public charger is when I do a road trip. And road trips are covered by the networks. It's really just the demand that's going to kill the road trip. And I made Paul, you'd be amazed. I drove on a long weekend in school holidays and there was no one at the interim a charger in Scone and who was They're fine working and there was only one person at the four Tesla bays in Tamworth on a public holiday long weekend. So I told the kids, we're gonna have to wait. We might have to que YadA yaddija was it was an absolute breeze.
Speaker 4: It's ironic because you've prepared for it. It's the other time there would be people there is bloody AI. But to your point, Gordy, the test chargers, I think it's actually a bit of advertising because a lot of people will have gone to a shopping center and seen Tesla charges and in the back of their mind they think Tesla is the only electric car brand. The charges everywhere and thing that's happening at the moment in Europe, and literally every CEO had little running notes whenever they had media come up to them, they had to talk about the influx of Chinese vehicles in Europe. They are absolutely decimating the local car market there when it comes to pricing, and Europe is about to come out and slap some tariffs on China for their cheap electric vehicles, and BYDS is within a whisker of overtaking Tesla as the biggest full electric car manufacturer globally. I think the same will happen in Australia. While t Tesla has a great run at the moment, ultimately the pricing is still higher than what you would pay for a Chinese domestic market vehicle, and I reckon we'll see the Chinese take even more of a leap in the electric car market in Australia pretty soon.
Speaker 3: So they should. Really, there's a lot of good competition out there. The Corpora is doing great stuff. I think by d Famously is a fantastic.
Speaker 6: What I miss there nothing I've forgotten about the drama that started all this bullshit.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Do you think of what happened?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Are a fantastic product, and I will I will not hear anybody looking forward to the Seal.
Speaker 1: I am looking forward to the.
Speaker 3: Seal, the the Dolphin, the Porpoise, the Mermaids or the whatever the John West addition.
Speaker 2: What do you think all of the Dolphin Sports Edition, whatever the hell they're going to call that?
Speaker 4: Look, I think the names are a bit silly. I don't think they really migrate all that well to English, but I think their cars look the Dolphin, I think just looks a bit curious. We've got one in the office at the moment. But I think the rest of them look great. And I saw the what is it the seal you.
Speaker 1: The the SUV version looks great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that at the motor Show and I thought that looked That looked fantastic. So I reckon look that they're going to price these really sharply, and BID has got their their act together in Australia. They're teamed up with Eagers, who has this enormous dealership network in Australia, and I think they are really going to kick a massive goal in the next sort of year or so.
Speaker 2: It does feel like they had a plan and they realized there was a better plan, do you know what I mean? Like whol Kmart tyront Auto my car it's called now you know, it was a great idea in principle on paper, but it actually would have not served them well if they were selling in this volume they're getting now. So the Eagers think the only thing that got them going. I just wonder whether I wonder whether they're pricing too much based on the market and not based on what the cars are worth exactly. They're pricing against MG, and MG's pricing against them when and I think a Dolphin, what are they thirty nine eight or something like that. I think Dolphin should be a thirty two thirty three thousand dollars car. And if they were, my god, it would be it would be a massive, massive market. But I just feel like they're with obvious, you know, smarts, they're taking advantage of the fact that they can charge that much. But I'll go back to charging for a minute. I charged my car for I've got the numbers, but twenty minutes at the Tesla Tesla station eighty something sends per killer what hour they're charging.
Speaker 6: That's honestly, that is that, you know. I often when Paul, I don't know what you say.
Speaker 2: When people say how much does it cost to charge only, I always say it's about the third of the cost of a petrol car. If you were to use a Tesla charging network in a public way, in a non Tesla, you would it would not be one third. I didn't even think it'd be half. I think it would be at best two thirds of the cost. Because it is enormous, and I worry that people are going to build themselves into a world where they think that the long term cost because everyone all these car companies. They say, oh, but the you know, the car is expensive up front, but the four year cost the life of the car is.
Speaker 1: This and that.
Speaker 3: That's what Tesla say. When you buy the car, actually put it in writing. I will actually put it how much they expect you do that.
Speaker 2: With a BYD and you assume that you're going to charge at other places. You're at the behest of Evy charge Fox and Tesla not putting their prices up like petrol stations do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean it actually can be non financially viable to do electric cars in a public charging way. You've got to have your shit sorted at home, and preferably you've got to be in the world of solo. I'm not there yet, but I'm close. I drove my car down to three percent battery and then charge it to one hundred, just purely so I could get a calculation off the wall boxes to how much it would be twenty one dollars it cost me at home to charge. And I'm like, there you go, that's one. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I tell you one thing.
Speaker 3: Though my parents are looking at getting a Tesla. They have an underground car park. I am praying for thermal runaway.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: As soon as that happens, I can finally get a house in Sydney. It'll be just the best thing in the world.
Speaker 2: It is actually though, withithstanding your little concern for your parents, it's actually a major issue. Yeah, Like government and other developers are looking at not allowing them of charges in underground car parks and that's a huge issue for the government take up of evs because they have some vehicles that can't be parked in open spaces because of the gear and stuff on board or whatever. Mate, that's a that's a big problem. I want to I don't know that it is a big problem yet.
Speaker 3: I was going to bring this up when when John kddogan comes in as well, because he's like, he's got quite a.
Speaker 2: Bit, hasn't He found the niche on YouTube, which is people fucking hate EV's and will listen to you talk about that. I've watched more of his videos in the last two months than ever because his research, his way to articulate it, and his passion for the thing is brilliant. And it's like, mate, he's just gone, these things are getting such good views.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to keep going with that That's a good thing about John though, like whether you agree or disagree, Like he's got a well thought out argument.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like Paul's got.
Speaker 3: You're pretty much responsible for putting charges in your apartment building, which I'm assuming has got underground parks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we actually rolled out the full charging infrastructure at our apartment building. We've since sold that apartment But what actually happened after that, we got a letter from the Body Corporate Group for that apartment building and seventy five other apartment buildings in the city, and it was a subsidiary of Central Equity, so a big company. They've actually recommended to all of the owner's corporations that they do not install any EV charging equipment in any of these buildings until the government releases some kind of regulations around it. And it's a real tricky one because the government's regulations aren't going to be able to change the fact that if you get a vehicle with a lithium ion battery catch fire and it gets thermal runaway, that it is very difficult to put out, So their regulations aren't going to mean anything. And if the regulations are that you have to have bigger water supplies in apartments. It is going to be so cost prohibitive. Anyone that's ever dealt with the fire services company will know that doing every the most minor thing is astronomically expensive. To just totally change pump systems, piping and water supplies within apartment buildings, it would be impossibly cost prohibitive for some of these minus corporations who are dealing with huge increases in insurance costs and the like. So I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, there was something one of my neighbors works for, like the New South Wales Fire Safety blah blah blah is getting on our local community Facebook page saying yeah, saying, look, they shouldn't be installed underground.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't be there. We've been warned there is. It's basically really tricky at the moment for fire departments to put these sorts of fires out.
Speaker 2: My concern is that it's kind of like the scooter and bike drama that's going on at the moment. It's a legitimate problem, but it's a legitimate problem because of idiots who buy cheap shit on Ali Barber or wish dot com and it doesn't pass Australian safe regulations. You buy an electric scooter or a bike it Harvey's or JB's, I'm telling you it's not going to explode as long as you use the included charger in the same bike. Right. But you get someone who buys one off in China and they plug in random charger into it, or it just doesn't have a battery management system, that's what's exploding. My concern is that we actually haven't had that I know of proven fire where it was the car at fault or an authorized charger. Right. So the wall box that I bought in Australia and the qualified electrician I had to install it, and a car that is clearly meeting regulations, I'm pretty confident that mine is not going to just go up in flames. But I joined early on, when I thought I was going to get an Atto three. I joined all the Facebook groups. The number of people in those groups that are just telling each other where to get these wall boxes, these charging cables and all this shit. It's like, mate, does any of this meat Australian standards? And that is where it's all going to come undone. I don't reckon it'll be the charger. I don't reckon it the car I reckon. People have cheap shit cables in between, and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Happens with phones as well.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: That's probably what caused that, for instance, to backpack a fire, right.
Speaker 2: Exactly, it would have been a bike that was absolutely not bought a Jbhifi. It would have been plugged into a charger and left on and it didn't have a battery management system, and up it went. But how do you You can't regulate that because you can't regulate what's coming into the country in the post. So we are in a situation where you have actually have to regulate to assume that shit's going to go on. And therefore, you know, basement installs may be a problematic thing for buildings, and that obviously causes a whole raft of other issues when you try and move towards evs with off street parking and all that kind of joy.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting one because it's so rare. It is kind of rare, like an EV fire, but it also doesn't mean it's not.
Speaker 2: If you read a photo expert, that's that's the thing. He's unpacked every single one, and it's been brilliant like that one of the Paul Did you see that, it's like a fucking car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We wasn't in the car.
Speaker 4: For fuck's sake. What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Come down, Trevor Jeans. It's annoying. You're going to have a heart attack. I thought, just just calm down. I'm worried about your health. How is that going, by the way, No, not good. Did you get that thing fixed on your bum na?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna leave it there. No one's looking at it anyway.
Speaker 4: Speaking of things that people are looking at, we we were watching your stories when you're over at the iPhone launch. A couple of questions I had. Did they say anything about the Apple car that they're sort of rumored to be working on.
Speaker 2: No, nothing at all, And I'll tell you why, because they're not working on a car, the Apple car. Do you remember the rooms about Apple TV an Apple Physical TV back in the day. It was like during the time of the Steve John's biography. I reckon what happened back then is exactly what's happening now with the car.
Speaker 4: I reckon they did.
Speaker 2: They did fuck around and look at a TV and they did the business case, and they went, why would we build, you know, TVs try and get two percent market share when we could build a little box that any TV could run. And then it evolved into an app. Right, So the car, I've got no doubt they thought about a car, They looked at the man all that stuff, and then they went, you know what, why don't we just own the digital infotainment of cars? And that's when they Earlier this year they announced that the next iterations of Apple Car Play would in fact be your dashboard, not just your infotainment, but you're interconnectivity with the car. So they'll be widgets for the air conditioning and all that shit. And I'm sure BMW will be first with this, as they were with a lot of the stuff. So the next iteration, and I think the final iteration for the Apple car is just that your phone plugged into the car or wirelessly. More importantly, will be what you see in front of you. It'll all be you and customized and personalized, and it'll be another battle of the cars versus you know, human beings wanting to run their own infosystems. But yeah, I don't think there'll be a physical car in the same way that Dyson looked at a car but publicly went we're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: They did kind of make a concept though, I've.
Speaker 2: Got no doubt Apple made a concept, but they're not going to release that. They never would, but Dyson. I thought it was fucking really cool that Dyson went, here's what we did. It didn't We didn't. We couldn't make it work.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because you always hear like little bits that oh, they're in talks with Kia, or they're in talks with Yun Day and blah blah blah blahlah. But then but they are well, but also what if they're they do build a car that's an absolute premium product that's not necessarily going to be for main use.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could be completely wrong, obviously, but I just think that every time you know some of the rumors, the way you get to get a great story is you hear a rumor at a bar or something. Right, you hear a bloke from Apple Talk and a bloke at Hoyonda, and you go, hang on a minute, what the fuck's going on here? Well, actually, they were just talking about how they're introducing a new, better Ultra wideband chip into the next generation iPhones, which will mean that you can unlock your car in an even better way from your phone and all. Like, it's just they're just improving all of the ways we use our phone today, like unlocking your car, entering the car, starting the car, and using the photament and dashboard. They're just going to make all of that better. And for that reason, of course, they're working with all the car companies, but you know, some of them might be talking to them, but some of them might have breached really bad embargoes or NBA's by telling people they were working together. But yeah, I don't think a physical, real vehicle will come.
Speaker 4: Well. I actually that brings me on to the next thing I was going to ask, which is the new version of Apple car Play. I've just upgraded to iOS seventeen, and I really like that new layout and the way that it's set up. And I really also like the concept of them ditching a manufacturer infotainment system because they're just most of them are just a pile of shit and just very poor to use. And you get in the car, you plug your phone up, the only thing you touch is car Play, So why not just make the whole thing car play. Do you reckon that that means cars will become more secure or do you think that they will become more prone to hacking? A tense if it all is through the one sort of software stack.
Speaker 2: Great question. I reckon more secure because I think Apple is so ridiculously crazy about privacy that they don't want to be associated with the potential for any you know, interactivity from the outside with a car. So my guess is more secure, I reckon in the long run with that kind of setup. And I think it's fascinating. You're right with like info tament and may. I read every review of the Cooper Born. I watched every video, and one of the things that stood out to me a couple of times was people bagging that it didn't have sat NAV, Like, it didn't have a sat NAV built in? What the fuck do I want a sat Nay for no, you don't one never touched. I've been driving review cards for years. I've probably twice used the built in sat NAV, and that was probably because I hadn't pared my phone and was in a hurry.
Speaker 3: And then, yeah, manufacturing navigation is always And in.
Speaker 2: Fact, it was only two nights ago that I found out that when I'm using Apple CarPlay in my Coupra and I'm using Apple Maps, the guide, it's the arrow navigation appears on the fucking instrument cluster. I have no idea. That's like a BMW style thing. And I'm like, this is shit hot. That's the kind of stuff that that the car companies are doing that just makes it a better user experience for the average Joe. And I think, like I think I spoke about this before, my biggest bugbear is Kia and Hyundai not allowing their most premium vehicles to have wireless Apple car Play. And it's because they don't.
Speaker 1: There is something going on there though, right.
Speaker 2: I've spoken to them and they said to me, basically, Apple and Google require that if you're using wireless Apple carp Play and you get in the car, that when you turn the car on, car Play comes up, because that's obviously what you wanted as a human. But Kia and Hyundai want you to first see their beautiful, you know, million dollar infotainment system and then click Apple Carpet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can still do that, like my car's got wireless and everything comes up and you just choose the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it comes up by default with car play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but as a choose able icon, and that's what he doesn't want. That's the oddest detail ever though. Really that's what it boils down.
Speaker 2: They want you to know they've got their own infotainment system and they've spent so much time and effort and energy on the UI and it's nice, it's probably one of the better ones out there.
Speaker 1: But still see all that it would just come up as an icon though.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine spending seventy thousand dollars on a Keya Carnival Platinum Edition right now and not having wireless CarPlay. That is absolutely wild to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that one though. I feel like it's just all it would be, would be an icon coming up on the on their screen.
Speaker 2: That it would be. That's what Kia wants. But Apple and Google, the way it works, it just comes up by default. So it's it's basically a stalemate in the negotiating table. And because Google and Apple have held their ground with every other manufacturer like BMW on everyone, they have to hold their ground with Kia and Hyunda.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, that's crazy, but I just think that that is the dumbest move, because it totally boggles my mind that you can get into a base model Yuda where wireless car play works perfectly fine, and then the or you spend the less features you get the other interesting one as well. I heard on the grapevine that they were having issues with the new iPhones, the fifteens overheating, and I think it was specifically with BMW wireless chargers. Is that a phone issue or is that a wireless charging protocol issue?
Speaker 2: I don't think it is specific to the wireless chargers. So I've been using the iPhone fifteen since the date was announced, so like a week and a half before it was released. I've been using for a long time. But well just timescale mate, Okay, it's important to note, and I've never had the issue, right. So what they determined was that there's a couple of factors. One is if you do you know, when you set up a new phone, says do you want to restore via the cloud or direct If you use the cloud and you've got a decent amount of you know, photos and storage and everything in the cloud, and you're using apps like Uber and Instagram for some reason, there was a couple of apps they isolated, those things were all just chewing it in the background. The cloud was continued to back up while you went away and used the phone, and all those things combined was just drawing the power and heating it up. So I think, if they haven't already, they're putting out a software update and that will avoid the issue. I think when you the BNW wireless charging issue, I think if you're in that situation where you're backing up from the cloud and stuff and then you're charging, it's always going to Like if you have any iPhone in any car, if you're running wireless car play ways and you're wireless charging, you've got heat from the charge, You've got heats from the GPS and of the broadcast of the signal. It's gonna overheat. It's gonna get hot. So there's only so much they can do to control that.
Speaker 1: I always find though, when you've got an iPhone and a wireless charger and you're using wireless car plays there's always interruptions.
Speaker 2: The tolls interrupted. Do you notice that I've not worked it out, But you're a wireless Apple car play and you go through any toll gate, it just skips the music.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: You know what it also does if you're on a phone call in some cars, when it does when you go through the gantry and it has that half a second skip, it actually introduces lag in the phone call, so you end up talking over the other person because their signal is coming in half a second later. It is the most curious thing in the world. I've noticed it a few times now when I've been driving back on a phone call and you go through a gantry, and one time was when I was doing a radio interview.
Speaker 2: So you end up with this horrible outcome.
Speaker 4: It was horrific. So I think that's fixed now because I haven't had that recently, But that is a weird one. It actually raises the question how much is that shit emitting If it's able to interrupt your phone while you're driving through.
Speaker 2: Have you ever put your E tag, you know, not on the wind screen and just left or whatever. Yeah, it works, it's it's it's scanning. Let'll tell you.
Speaker 4: It's actually fun to measure the level of output from those gantries, just to see if it's actually frying your brain.
Speaker 2: You're getting the equipment and standing in the middle of the motorway made for great social con I'll tell you one thing I did discover recently on that trip. There's a new when we're talking wiless charging, there's a new wireless charging standard coming. So right now the standard is called chea spelled QI, and you will see this little logo on all the cars when it's whiles charging cheap annoyingly for cars because we all know there's like a six year lead time on these things, this will be a while off. But the new standard is basically mag safe for everyone. So you know Apple's mag Safe, where you put your phone on something and it magnetically attaches, so it's sent. The reason for that is it's centers so that it's the most optimum charging, right, So all phones will get and we're probably talking next year's Samsung's or maybe the year after, we'll get this GI two, which is stupidly what it's going to be called. It should be called magnetic attached or something. But here's the benefit of that for cars, and I think it's better in cars than any other use case. When BMW and everyone else introduces G two, you won't have this situation where you've got to fucking find that spot and if you heavily break in the phone moves, it stops charging. I mean it's great to have the big phone, which is normally the one that's all the charges are made for. But if you've got a smaller phone, it's sometimes hard to find that sweet spot. So that what the magnetic attach will be a game changer for cars in six years.
Speaker 4: Also, just checking Trevor, is it is it called the g spot.
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't know. Actually I found out. We're trying to still look for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, see Gordy's filthy that you came up with that one. No, it's a good good gags in your contract that you do all the gags.
Speaker 4: Leave the jokes to me champions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I seen some of those lately. Oh hey, this is just completely off topic to Tesla semi right, the big, big, big trucks. Did you see any of them when you're over there?
Speaker 2: Not on the road? One at the Peterson Museum. Yeah, and I haven't seen one on the road.
Speaker 1: Because there've been anyone to love by Pepsi at the moment, right.
Speaker 2: A lot, I don't know what's a lot?
Speaker 6: Does he he drove one? You know how he's crappy Kasha whatever it is yeah, that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's driven pretty much every time he drove the roadster, but he drove the truck and it's funny you watch him come out of this this lot and you can basically hear the suspension make noises when as it goes over a very small gutter and the comments are whild It's like that doesn't sound good, and yeah, it's not a good look, but I mean it's an exciting thing. I'm more interested. Have you seen the Edison truck guy in Canada? No, No, you should look him up here. He's created he's you know, typical Canadian, but he's very very green. He's got this plan to be in all Canadian. But he's building this truck called the Edison Truck. And it doesn't look like a tesla at all. Right, it looks like a Bedford from nineteen fifty. But it's got a diesel generator in front of the cab, so it's got like, it's not a cab over it's you know, a big, big nose style and all that's cool, but a big diesel generator so that it's like a Chevy Vault or a Holding Vaults. It can charge the battery as it goes so he can get more range. And the thing is he's built this thing to a point where every part is obtainable essentially, you know from Super g Bordo. Like every bolt, every suspension, every coil, everything is just stuff that you can buy. He looked at the headlight. It was like one hundred dollars and it's a thousand bucks for a Mac headlight. So he's kind of building this people's electric truck. Took it to a show recent It's really cool.
Speaker 4: You should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the original version, and he's made a modern money. He's pretty big on TikTok. I'll send you both the link at some point. Yeah, it's really cool. I mean, it's just cool to see people mucking around and kind of innovating in that space because it is a bit head zone.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, I don't know if you saw recently, some bloke got a small dent in his Rivian. I guess it's like a single cast or something like that. They it was thousands and thousands of dollars to fix. And I think a lot of new cars these days, they're expensive to buy, they're expensive to ensure, and then when you have an accident, they are out rape justly expensive to fix. And I've just imagined in ten years time when someone owns one of these secondhand it's it's just going to be a throwaway item that's just too too cost prohibitive to actually fix.
Speaker 5: Can you send that to Paul because I don't have his number? What a little bitch, bitch send it to Paul. I'm not doing that, Edison Motors, No one cares. I just Google imaged it and it really wasn't that impressive, And I just like.
Speaker 2: No, it's an unimpressive looking thing, one hundred percent. But when you when Paul deep dives into that TikTok account, he's going to really He's going to really.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, sure, sure it.
Speaker 4: Does look interesting. I think it's it's a great concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's that's that's a very diplomat. It looks like absolute showers a sympathy.
Speaker 4: It. Actually, it looks really interesting and.
Speaker 2: That's the production well, the concept version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think it's I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: That is a pretty pretty solid batter way. Is it really very cool?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 1: Have you been cruising for bitches in the new Coopra Stillborn?
Speaker 2: I've had the car a month and a half. My wife hasn't even sat in it. Yeah right, because so she took the piece out of me as a midlife crisis car. For the three or four months I had to wait for it, and we had to go down to Saint Leonard's at one point and we were early, so we stopped at the dealer and I wanted to show my sixteen year old car and stuff, and so she refused to come into the dealership. But why we convinced to come in and just sit down and wait. She had a look at the car. She's like, you should have got in that fucking color and all this kind of stuff. Then she sits in the back and she goes, she's only got four seats, and I went, yep, it's only got four seats. And she doesn't know that's an option that I talked because it's the interior pack. And she goes, we've got three kids, and I went, when was the last time all five of us got in our Mazda two. Okay, we own a fucking key a carnival for Christ's sake.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I am in massive trouble for buying a four seater for a five family.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's only a matter of time before or your wife leaves you and you're stuck with your robots and your bloody all this tech crap. You're in fact, you'll probably come out as a robosexual.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not going to comment on whether or not that'll be an exciting time for me. But we're happily married, thank you, and I don't see that changing while ever. The kids are with us, and she keeps saying the kids are going to stay with us forever, so that maybe that's the only.
Speaker 4: Thing I hope I've got. This is Sydney.
Speaker 1: We need a place to live.
Speaker 2: Well, I thank you. That's the hard thing, you know. Like I got a kid who's getting his l's getting his peas in two months. Like I'm old, Like I'm he's in year twelve. Now, I'm an old man.
Speaker 3: I know you didn't need to bring your kids into it. We can just look at you and tell you are very old. Did he sit next to Jesus in primary school?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. It's actually not bad.
Speaker 1: Did you have a fuck? I would have thought I.
Speaker 2: Would have gone just a little bit more like just modern old. That's Jesus is just a bit too far and you know not I go for the twenties as opposed to the zero's.
Speaker 1: Did you get a BJ from Dame Melly Melbup.
Speaker 2: Wow, she wasn't putting out at the time.
Speaker 4: He's run out of question. Question Trev. When you mentioned that you had the iPhone before it was released, does how does that operate? Is it similar to a press car where they sort of send it out to you to return it once you're done. How does all that stuff work?
Speaker 2: So Apple's probably the most rigid of all the companies, and it's so good because you know what you expect. So you go on the trip and there's normally maybe ten people on the trip. You don't no one knows who got the call because they don't tell you what you're doing. You just get taken away to meetings, and you might be taken to the iPhone meeting. So you go to a meeting it's about the iPhone. You kind of go, yes, I'm getting the iPhone. Then it used to be they give it to you over there, but these days they wait until you get back in your land. And the career comes that Datia house with pretty much one of everything. So I've got every version of the iPhone, every cover and all that stuff gets sent. The watches and everything arrived between. So you sign an agreement that is your review Agreement NDA and everything and it has a loan agreement. It's for for me, I can't speak very wrong, but for me, all my all my Apple devices are pretty much one year, so I like, I know, And I got an email two days after receiving the new ones from the Apple loan account that said, you've got these these devices due back and it was all last year's phone. So box them up and they send a career and they take them back. So yeah, they're very It's a great system because you know what you're like some stuff it's like, am I keeping this?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 2: I've got to send this back to I need to keep the box, like it's really annoying. So Apple stuff, it's great. There's a shelf in my office which is just all Apple boxes. I find the box, put the product back in, send it back and yeah, you get normally a year like all the You're not saying that's the life cycle of the product, but you know, I've got a Max Max studio and a Mac Mini and and a laptop, and like I'll send stuff back early because I don't need all that shit sitting around. But yeah, it's pretty much that way, and it's it's just like cars. You know, there's a there's a there's normally one embargo and one kind of soft embargo. The first embargo is normally the Tuesday. What they did this year was really annoying. It was a Monday night of Tuesday, not a Wednesday night embargo for the watch, the phone, and the I can't remember what the other thing was, but three different things, and you you know, there's only a certain number of people to have that. And then back in Australia, all the other journeys or anyone that didn't go to the event will get a briefing that week and they'll probably drop their reviews the day it comes out, so you probably a few days after embargo, but you know, you're still pretty early on before people get the phone.
Speaker 3: I saw something during the week which I found really interesting. I was probably a TikTok or something like that, but about the there's like people at Apple that just designed the boxes, and there's something like within like like the psychology of you, like when you open up an Apple box, it's supposed to it's supposed to be slow.
Speaker 1: You know, when you it's kind of like you can't get the thing out. Yeah, you can't higgle it. That's supposed to be like some sort of anticipation, sort of like similar to I don't know if you slap the poke's and waiting for it's.
Speaker 2: One of those mental it's like jingles and stuff like that. There's a reason they work a certain way, Yeah, one hundred percent because when you take when firstly it's that slow drop of the box opening, and then the way they choose to cover the phone, it's it's now a white cover and appeals off just really.
Speaker 1: Beautifully in a weird way satisfying, right, it.
Speaker 2: Is oddly satisfying. The one if you ever get to do it, that is probably the most amazing is their mac what do they call it pro display or their studio display big monitor, because it's a massive box, right, but you open it up and there's it's all cardboard, there's no styrofoam, there's no nothing, but the engineering inside is such that you pull two bits of cardboard apart, like open it like a butterfly, and the thing kind of raises like it's fucking wild that the whole box is a mechanism as well. Yeah, and then you know you get this beautiful machine inside it. There's no one else that does that, no one else.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I wish they did that with cars.
Speaker 3: I don't know how, but there's there's a couple of people I watched that have, like, you know, will take premium cars Bentley's or whatever.
Speaker 1: As they get delivered to the dealership, they'll come in some sort of you know, zipper bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a Porsche nine to eleven GT three comes in basically a white you know, has matt suit of its own. Yes, and you see people.
Speaker 1: Box these things mr and all that so good.
Speaker 2: I would have I would have happily peeled off all the bits of plastic on my car. If they gave me a list, I would have done.
Speaker 1: Dealership should definitely do that because an option like there's there's almost such an anti climax when you go pick up a car. It's like, oh, would you like a coffee bottle of water? Whatever.
Speaker 3: They pretty much just flicky your keys and go, you know, how to work the tech, Yeah, okay, see you later.
Speaker 2: I was blown away by how much time they spent with me on the car picking it up it was. It was an excellent delivery because he sat me down and he pressed every button. The only thing he didn't tell me about was the fact that there was that nav thing, and I don't think you knew it existed. So he went through every setting. It was like he wanted to set the settings up for me, and I'm like, I actually want to do this later and I want to choose that later. But it was good to see it all that it was there. I thought they spent a reasonable amount of time. I was blown away that they don't do pre delivery at the dealership. There's just a big fucking factory up at Mount Kringo north of Sydney where a bunch of dealerships all under the Alto group. Just all the cars go there and there's just a production line of pre delivery and ceramic coating, whatever the hell you choose to do, and then they get chipped to the dealer basically ready to put in the showroom. So it's changed from back when I worked to Suton City Holden and there was pre delivery going on back in the workshop efficiency.
Speaker 1: I guess, well were you doing back there?
Speaker 2: I was just the office point man. I was just making coffees for people around and data entry. I remember doing data entry must have just been repetitive because I learned the number pad on the keyboard so well. Even to this day, I can without looking, I can do the number pad.
Speaker 3: They were actually there was nothing there. It was just like we need to give this like he's got special kids, some stuff to do.
Speaker 1: Here, you have some number It's a real job.
Speaker 2: But I didn't even get to really drive cars around. But you know, yeah, I thought it was cool.
Speaker 1: I love that. You're questioning that later on in life, No, I love it. It's like, oh wait, hey, god, this doesn't add a sudden.
Speaker 2: City Holding was fun fact, the first Holden dealership in Australia to have that back then new style of the of the rounded edge on the on the sign, the big new weird looking signs, the ones they ended with when that was launched. It was sometin City Holding. And even more fun fact, all the fonts were Italic when it first launched, and they looked at it and went, fuck, we don't like that, and then they ripped it all down and put it up non Italic and that was what rolled out around Australia.
Speaker 1: I love that. That's a fun fact to you.
Speaker 3: Another fun fact italic font fuck bringing the content, Trev.
Speaker 2: Now tell me.
Speaker 1: About you, Pavelo.
Speaker 3: What's what sort of exciting delivery stuff have you obtained over the years.
Speaker 4: I wish I had some fun fun facts like that.
Speaker 2: No, actually, that's kind of as genuine as the last one.
Speaker 4: We've got a story going live in a couple of weeks where we drove a pair of GC three RS's and one of the things we did as part of that story was actually unzipping the car. So it came to the dealer in that full sort of thing. But the problem was we started unzipping the car, I got to the back of it and it had a massive dint car and the guy and I hope he didn't actually get into trouble, but his job is checking all the cars when they come off the trucks, and that's the reason they actually unzip it while it's on the truck because if it is damage, they pass on liability to the truck driver or the trucking company. So this was the only car in that batch that they hadn't checked and it had massive dint in it. So yeah, that's part of the reason they don't allow customers to do pre delivery because they could pick up all of this stuff and then make sure the customer actually then takes the car away. So yeah, that was a that's my fun fact.
Speaker 2: So can I ask is that obviously arranged? You arrange that with owners of the cars, because I mean that's pretty awesome thing to be able to experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these were two press cars that they were preparing for the launch, and the story that we're doing is that we were running the two cars in. They needed fifteen hundred k's on them before they could exceed six thousand rpm. So we were running the cars in doing a country in our back drive from Melbourne to the Bend. So these these are going to be sold to someone eventually, but in the interim they were going to be press cars, and you know, the owner was Push Australia the cars. But I think just based on the process that they went through, you also wouldn't want customers seeing that environment because to me it was just a workshop. But to a customer who's spending you know, these cars are now eight hundred and fifty grand on the road. For a customer who's spending that kind of money, they don't want to see the back of house stuff. They just want to turn up and car on and do all that sort of stuff. But little do they know people are already sat in it to take a petrol station and all this sort of stuff. So it's quite quite a fascinating process.
Speaker 3: How devastating would you be to pick up? Finally you get your Porsche GT three rs and it's got a bloody DNT in it. I remember taking my stinger to get like a paint correction done. Shout out to I think they're called Atlass body Works, but they had a goal Wing three hundred sl the nineteen fifty four you know famous thing that I think Lindsay Fox has got one. And this thing was starting geez it was good, and I said, wow, what's what's wrong with this car?
Speaker 1: It's like it looks fine. Did you guys just finish it? He goes no, no, no, Look up the back round the back.
Speaker 3: There was like just just devastating damage done to the back of this.
Speaker 1: Absolute classic car. And what had happened was the owner of it had paid like Cathay Pacific some one of these big airlines extra cash. Please look after this. This is you know one of the rarest cars in the world. Blah blah blah blah blah. And one of the one of the straps while it was in transit in the air had come off and bashed the car around up the back and you just go. And they had to foot the bill for it. Not the not the owner, sorry, the airline had to foot the bill. Yeah. Whatever airline that was, by the way, I don't know if it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get suit again.
Speaker 2: It was an airline.
Speaker 1: It was an airline.
Speaker 2: It so I feel like you're like being sued. Look, it's bad.
Speaker 3: You want to if I thought that we're a decorated soldier in a Ben Robert Smith's kind of way.
Speaker 2: It means they're paying attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, they're listening. How is your performance on the nearburg Ring? How'd you go? How'd you go in your little Audie high car? This is the best story.
Speaker 2: So we we were trapped in Europe. Okay, So I book a one way flight to Berlin every year for the big show I go to over there because I assume the Apple of Launch is going to be the week after an Apple will fly me from Europe to San Francisco on their home right. So I book a one way flight. I'm a cheapskate anyway. Then the rumors come out the Apple event is going to a fucking week later, and I'm saying to my cameraman Robert, we're going to be fucked here.
Speaker 3: This is a very long setup. I just wanted to know about the nearby good luck.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, what are we going to do for a week, Because it's cheaper to stay in Europe. So I go, mate, let's drive across to Paris, because there's he can go to. Here's something you can do in Paris. I said, But on the way, let's go to the neurburg Ring. So that's me. I'm keen. I want to do it. I look it up and there's track days, and there's tourist days. I go, fucking beautiful. There's a tourist day on the Tuesday. That's when we'll go excellent. I watch every YouTube video on the newburg Green website. It's not narrated. It's cartoons that tell you that, you know, you got to put your indicator on, you got to overtake on the left, you've got to obey the signs. Whatever the fuck. You know, it's just it's really obvious. It's very simple. So we turn up I've rented a fucking houty just to get from Berlin to Paris, and we turn up outside of the neurburg Ring and it's a fucking cue. There's like a hundred cars and I'm like, wow, this is like because I'm expecting Mount Panorama. I just want to get on and drive around at sixty k's an hour and experience the track. Right. But let's say there's one hundred. Two of them are off the off the shelf cars like my fucking Audi. The rest of them are fucking race cars. I'm going, this doesn't feel right, this is weird, man, And I'm like, we've got to do it, and I've got I'm here, I've got to do it right. And so we fucking download the app and I put the money on and you scan a QR code and you're on and i'd start, you know, I give it a bit, but I'm going, like a hundred and fucking people are just going past me at a raider not and I'm going, oh ship, and see I would have I would have gone right, I'll give it a bit of clappy, but I gotta I gotta mate with me in a passenger seat and being a passenger with some dick in a road car gone fast rental rental, right, and so fucking I'm driving ring Man and I've got like the full video of I didn't obviously post, but just so much of me going oh fuck, where fuck? This is bad. This is not a tourist day.
Speaker 1: This is bad.
Speaker 2: This is this is the ship you see on YouTube.
Speaker 6: And I realized at this point this they have track days that are organized, you know, Porsche and shit high at the track, But then they have these two tourist days, which is when any dickhead with a roll cage can come and smash it into the arm coot like you see on fucking YouTube.
Speaker 3: So basically it's really a free for all because you can. It is a tourist day, so it's open. But like the so called rules, they don't really know speed them.
Speaker 2: It's you know, there's no posts. I expected, like bath, let's just see one speed sign and just go. Yeah, I'll stick around fucking one hundred and thirty hundred and fifty on the long straight, I'll go fucking one hundred and ninety I'll do what I can do, but on the corners, I'm keeping it cool here brother, and I made I'm halfway around going this is fucking bad because there's no way off. It's twenty kilometers. You can't just pull off, and I had to do it all.
Speaker 4: You know, it was It was funny, Trev. I actually just listening to you say that, I think a lot of people don't actually know how it works, and just to you know, you obviously can use a computer, you can research it, but to still not know what a tourist day is just shows you that I actually think they need to have genuine tourist days where there is a speed limit and you can actually just enjoy it. Because I was the same with you, I ended up we did a story with one of the rental car companies and if you want to take an actual faster car on there, the excess for some of these cars is like thirty thousand euros and that's for like an entry level BMW, nothing even special. And the entire time I was on there, I was petrified that I was going to get in the path of someone going fast and write this car off and be up for a fifty thousand dollars bill for a car that's worth ten grand, and it is the most intimidating thing in the world. And I had no interest in going back unless it was on a closed event where you knew who was on there and what cars are beyond there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I looked up that there's a lot of companies that will rent you essentially a car with a roll cage, and I've been open at Tesla, and I looked at that. I probably would do that again next time, because at least I could go at it with a bit of confidence and not get in people's way, because that was the thing. I was in people's way, no doubt. But yeah, it's a beautiful track. I really wanted to just drive it. I just wanted to see it. And I think that I would pay twenty bucks to if there was a two hour window where you could go and just experience it, I would, and I think they should. And Mate, I posted the video knowing i'd get shit canned for it, especially from the locals, and they're like, there is no speed, da da da rental car company. They're going to fuck you, They're going to bill you. And I made I read the rental agreement afterwards because I shit myself. Trust me, they had nothing on me because I can't remember what the clause was, but essentially it's only if you break the law, and I didn't break the law, So actually it wasn't illegal to take the rental car on it. I just I was wearing the risk. If I did something wrong, I was fucked. But because I'd got off and I was okay, there was no recourse. They could take the car that already been returned. They can't bill you for something that didn't happen, so you know, look, I was in the way, but it was a fucking fun experience regardless. And I anyone that's into cars like we are, I do think it's an awesome thing to do if you do it right, If you go in and you do it right and you know what you're getting for. You need to know. You need to watch all those videos and realize it can go wrong real quick. And there's people there with a fucking you know, Mercedes GT Black Edition fucking flying around.
Speaker 6: These are race cars, and it's it's wild. It is not a Baptist tourist drive. Well, there's a choice of words.
Speaker 2: Fucking people. I don't care whose translation, it is tourist drive is a shit name for it.
Speaker 4: Can we agree? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Even though I'm a dickhead, it's a shit name for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of those things you genuinely want to do, but man, like an AMG blaring past you at two hundred k's whatever, It's just you can't have it like that.
Speaker 2: You know. The best thing is I got a speeding fine in the email two days ago from somewhere near Cologne. I was doing one hundred and ten hundred zone. Now you've had fines here in Australia. What do you think? Don't get in if you know what it is. How much do you think the fine was? Gordy for one hundred and ten hundred zone on a German auto barn It's about three hundred here, I reckon for a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a feeling it's really high, either really low or seriously high. I'm going to say. I'm going to say about fifteen hundred bucks. I don't know where I've heard this before.
Speaker 2: Twenty euros, oh get out. Yeah, I'm like I didn't even notice that on my fucking credit card.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 4: You know the thing that they do over there, which I think is fantastic. On an auto barn, the speed limits they have them, the fines aren't that expensive. If you were to do the same level of speed over the speed limit off the auto barn in a residential area, mine is significantly higher. But what they're saying is on the auto barn, you know, stick to the speed limit. If you don't, it'll be a slap on the wrist as long as long as you're not going too crazy. But if you're in a residential area, we're going to go to town on you. And I think that is exactly how it should be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: The Germans are great drivers, like hands down.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was a great experience. I've driven Italian auto strata before, but never the auto barns. And there was a lot of roadworks, to be honest that like, we came across roadworks a lot. Mate. We're in the left lane, fast lane. I was one hundred and forty at one point and man, I can't round a bend and there was a fucking truck, you know, the big cross roadworks on I'm like, should you have not warned me of this? It was just there It was a bit sketchy at times, but there was probably more roadworks than than there was open stretches, but it was it's sometimes nice to stretch it, like you go on fast, you pull in and Rob was with me and he goes, why are we pulling in? You know, wait, wait a second, and I just go look at that, and I'm going At one point I said, I'm just going to find out how much they're doing, right, So I just tail them and it was two hundred and something. I got to Titland when I'm out, but they're flying like it's wild wild.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for coming to the Trevor Long Show. Everyone you asked me.
Speaker 2: You want me to listen to you talk?
Speaker 4: You can trust me. No one wants that they use it at Guantanamo Bay to get prisoners to yes my voice, no, Gordy, Okay, I've had a cupfull of you. We got six hours a day of him that they just played.
Speaker 1: That's right, number one, baby, number one right across.
Speaker 2: Who's number two?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They're very far way down. I can't see that far down.
Speaker 2: Number one FM.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but hang on, no, no, no, In the afternoon, I'm beating your mates a bloody two GB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just gonna say, beating.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck out rock SALTI.
Speaker 2: Loyal mate, Sorry, pick and stick.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's good to see, it's.
Speaker 2: Great to be here. Where do I send the inots?
Speaker 4: Who's the sponsor?
Speaker 1: How much would you?
Speaker 4: Genuinely? Lawyers?
Speaker 3: How much would you to our lawyers? That's right, they'll probably wipe their ass with that one too.
Speaker 2: Sponsors.
Speaker 1: No, we should get a sponsor.
Speaker 2: Probably should.
Speaker 1: What's your business called?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: G A?
Speaker 1: Hang on? Hang on, No, I'm not being a smart ass. I genuinely I know.
Speaker 3: You gave me a beautiful heart and an umbrella which is in my car. I love it, wear it every day. Now, let me think about it.
Speaker 2: He's great because the new hat doesn't have it written on the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks good.
Speaker 2: Can I have one of those?
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got to Actually I do. I do have something to tell you. Your hat that you gave me. I genuinely loved.
Speaker 1: Right, and I wore it, the bad black one with the metal badge and very nice right. It felt very premium, which is surprising because it came from you. Right, So I wore that I believe it or not, I wore it to a gym. I was actually going to the gym.
Speaker 6: It was the first time an em merch went to a gym. I can tell you that I wear that shit every day. Well, here's the thing, here's the thing. I wore it to my country club gym, right, and I took it off for a brief moment in time, and I went outside and I got in the car. I'm like, oh, bloody left the left my hat next to the thing. All right, I'll get it tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: I'm here tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: No worries, country club. It's in his locker.
Speaker 1: Someone fucking took it.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Someone took its, right, Cordy. So the new We've got two new hats. One of them is the exact same hat, but with this rubber logo on the FT's good and this one is called Racing Stroke.
Speaker 1: The color, how come you didn't get like blue red like the BMW and.
Speaker 5: The colors of the f TM logo, which is okay, it's becoming a bit racial, now, isn't it racial?
Speaker 1: These are my colors of my tripe.
Speaker 2: What's uh?
Speaker 1: What's that? Who ha run the side?
Speaker 2: That's the logo.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the Oh, that's the business.
Speaker 2: Put the logo on the back instead of I just got smart. I just got to the point where it's like, you people don't want to wear your logo on their hat, but they don't they like to support you, right, So this is a hat that you can wear without feeling like you're walking around with a fucking.
Speaker 1: And do people indeed support you? Yeah? Sell the merch.
Speaker 4: Merch? Do you have?
Speaker 2: The umbrellas are exclusive because you can't post the fucking things. Some stubby holders, some key rings, some lanyards and hats chopp dot, eft.
Speaker 1: N or com. Sorry what was it called?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: Is this called car expert dot because that's one, isn't it? Yeah? Nearly, I nearly forgot.
Speaker 1: The car expert merch.
Speaker 2: They're focused on building their business. I'm focused on just spending my money. You're going to choose your factories wisely, Paul, I'll hook you up with my merch guy.
Speaker 1: What I'm just let's I'll hook you up.
Speaker 2: And I think Paul's audience is obviously very loyal, so I think they would they would love to support we have merch to me. My son wears the shirt and I've got the cup in my office.
Speaker 1: I have sent some. Yeah, you have you got some?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. While you're looking that up, can I tell you a really funny story about support and punters. It's on the bottom of every article on my website. It says you know you've got a little buy and says buy a Trevor drink if you like this content by a Trevor drink. And it's a click a button, but you don't drink exactly, it's half the joke. And you click a button that takes you to PayPal and you know you can send me money, right. I probably you had like thirty people send money right you.
Speaker 1: Like one of those three weeks ago gets out on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Totally three weeks ago, I got a five dollars donation buy me drink? Right cool? Cool cool? And then about a week later Blake emails me. You go just wondering if you got my donation and wondering where that goes? Is it for a charity or something? And I wrote back and.
Speaker 6: Said, mate, it's a It literally says the e f GM drink's fun. It's you literally bought me a bottle of sun kissed. He fucking thought he was donating five bucks of charity via the website The least Wow, Yeah exactly, that's where it was going.
Speaker 3: The least you could do is actually buy a bottle of sun Kissed. The least you could do is start drinking again.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I don't need any more.
Speaker 1: Way, here we go. What was the last time you had a drink?
Speaker 2: Bob Fulton's farm when I killed a pig with my bare hands. Probably don't want to do that again. What is that a weird stak? Now?
Speaker 1: Is that a historical story?
Speaker 2: I should know?
Speaker 1: Okay, so how long ago was your first drink?
Speaker 2: My first?
Speaker 1: Sorry, your last drink?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I've and Ruski around birthday time.
Speaker 4: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Just when I thought, just when I thought you couldn't get anywhorse, all of a lumined Rosky around a certain birthday of an ill umben Ruskies.
Speaker 2: That's my drink, I thought.
Speaker 1: You can you come across as a cocksacking cowboy kind of guy.
Speaker 2: I've never had a cocktail of any sort.
Speaker 1: It's not a cocktail, mate, He's in the next room. Come on in mate, I wonder where your other guy was. He's been lubing up as he Yeah, well for you, that's what that little hole in the wall is over there, a little hole. Thank you for coming in, Trevor.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm here, I really don't.
Speaker 1: I do enjoy you coming in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go downstairs right now and check out your cool pruck. You had some clothes hanging up in the back seat. Are you living in your car now?
Speaker 2: I've got the Today Show in the morning.
Speaker 4: You dig in?
Speaker 1: Sure, sure you are. I've got the Today Show in the morning. You've got half your fucking wardrobe in there, and it's all about the Today Show? Are you gonna Are you going to take those clothes to the Today Show and just be like, all right, this is the best. This is the best washing machine you can get. I've got my clothes in here right now.
Speaker 2: No matter I'm gonna take. I'm going to unpack all of the carnival load of fucking speakers that I've got to take in and then I'll get changed.
Speaker 1: What's your specialty, I'll do the second WA's your little segment.
Speaker 2: Music and speakers?
Speaker 1: Music could say, why didn't you get me on the for that? I'm perfect for that.
Speaker 2: I know who you are. You're in my phone as Gordo. I forget your name?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: What are you wearing? What is that stupid dog?
Speaker 2: Ted Lasso?
Speaker 1: I thought, so God, you don't like Ted?
Speaker 3: No, I love Ted Lasso. I just would wear the fucking merge of a fictitious TV show.
Speaker 1: Gordo d o E.
Speaker 2: Gordo with an O.
Speaker 1: That spelling's as bad as your bloody car reviews on whatever your business is. Do you know what I'm This won't even be edited.
Speaker 2: I'm over my contract.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to throw it straight out normally edit this ship well a little bit? Yeah really yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: Too much top and tail?
Speaker 1: Do you know what everyone's going to be like? Where if you were like? This podcast hasn't been on air right for about four weeks. I've we've had to take some time now. My wife had surgery and blah blah blah blah. But to cut a long story short, I've been getting some serious brownie points at home because I've been pretty much a single dad way she's been bed bound. So I thought, I mean, you're pretty much my brownie points and cashing them in. Get your tits out. We're going to Thailand me and yeah, okay, one trip to Thailand.
Speaker 2: Pink fucking loosest unit. I know, can you? That's ely.
Speaker 1: Let's go to bloody Thailand, me and you, we'll go to a ping pong show. We'll get to a ping pong show.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how this show exists.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: They put onside there?
Speaker 2: He's why everyone? How do we sign off?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 4: Hang on? Hang on?
Speaker 3: This is where you This is where you shut up for a second because our show it's not yours. We're not sponsored by a bloody, stiffy tablet company. There's lots of merch coming and there's swapping bloody factories or something.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Gusset Machines. Plast's happening. Hey, so listen The Drivers Show dot com dot au, whether you're listening to us on iTunes, Spotify, please leave us a five star rating, a funny comment as a review, and yes like share do all that.
Speaker 2: You're idiots, both of you. I don't know why you do this