Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 3: Brady or what our windows day?
Speaker 1: That's my world risen the dust only good zabug all day.
Speaker 4: I've done much, but yeah, I'll big.
Speaker 5: Get and what I want.
Speaker 6: It don't matter where Radne.
Speaker 2: This is the pickup.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, everyone, It's the pickup with Britt Hackley and Laura Ben Happy Friday.
Speaker 4: What are you doing this weekend? Laws?
Speaker 6: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 6: You really put me on the spot there.
Speaker 4: You don't plan that far ahead, dude.
Speaker 1: I've got both kids by myself this weekend, and it's the first weekend without Matt here because.
Speaker 6: He's in the I'm a sleb jungle.
Speaker 1: So Sunday night, everyone, Premiere, go and watch I'm a Celebrity.
Speaker 6: That's what I'll be doing.
Speaker 4: Yep, So you're parenting this weekend? Gotcha?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be at the park.
Speaker 1: Everyone well vibes big show today, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm getting married this year and I am well, I'm still in the planning stage. I feel like I should probably have planned it by now because it's not that far away, but I haven't.
Speaker 4: And I put a call out on me insta.
Speaker 3: A couple of days ago asking for other people's wedding regrets.
Speaker 4: Because I wanted to know as I'm making like these final preparations. It's a lot of pressure planning a wedding.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want to do anything that I'll regret, and I don't want to miss out on anything.
Speaker 4: Later of that I'll be like I wish I did that.
Speaker 1: I can imagine from that call out, what are your wedding regrets? A lot of people would have said their husband or their wife.
Speaker 6: At the time, Overwhelmingly it was the groom.
Speaker 4: A groom is my biggest regret. But I'm gonna go through a few of those.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put the call out for you guys to call up and let us know what's your biggest regrets to ask so that I can plan the ultimate wedding. I know I'm not going to regret the groom, but I don't want to regret anything else.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I also did something at a cafe this week, which might mean I could never go back there because I'm.
Speaker 6: Still horrified by it, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And before we get into all of that, we do have that pick me up song, and I have finally won and we are going to play tub Thumping by Chumbawamba, which I know that means nothing to anyone. But this is our anthem, which is a weird anthem. I know because there is one part in this song where the lyrics are A drink, a whiskey drink, a drink of vod could drink, a drink, a side drink.
Speaker 6: A drink, a lugg a drink. They drink a lot.
Speaker 1: But the reason why I say it's our anthem, what I actually mean is that it is the anthem that our kids want to put on all the time, and we just have to like mumble over those words so they don't hear it. This is Lola in the back of the car, absolutely breaking it.
Speaker 6: Down to tub Thumpy.
Speaker 7: I again, you never hear me.
Speaker 6: I did not do that. I you keep you had it here first.
Speaker 1: Everyone, if you get knocked down, get up again. You're never gonna keep us down.
Speaker 3: She really does hits those keywords, doesn't she got down again?
Speaker 6: Down? She only got those She's three and half. Give the kid a break.
Speaker 4: I will I do no such thing.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get into the show. It's a pick up.
Speaker 4: Britt.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have those moments where you completely misread somebody else's body language or what they're trying to get across, Like just when you think to yourself, how can we be so deeply on different pages?
Speaker 6: Often often I had Lola and I my my three year old.
Speaker 1: We went on a little one on one coffee date, right, gonna spend some cute time together. And we went into a cafe to get some baby chinos and some banana bread, and it was cute. And standing behind the counter is this guy who I know from when I was like fourteen fifteen years old, Like we used to we used to do sports together, and I used to have the biggest crush on this man, like I was obsessed with him, which obviously I'm not now I have a husband and I have kids. But it is still always that little bit startling when you see someone who's like a blast from the past. I still get those little butterflies, just like no butterflies, but just a bit like.
Speaker 7: No, but that feeling, that jolt where it takes you back.
Speaker 6: I'm like, God, do I need to still impress this man? I don't know, just like the feeling of a bit weirdness.
Speaker 4: How do I look.
Speaker 6: So so I order these.
Speaker 1: Firstly, I order a baby Chino, and Lola's like a bit of a handful, so she's like yapping away but also like yelling at me at the same time, so I'm trying to keep her in line.
Speaker 6: I order baby Chinos. I order myself a coffee.
Speaker 1: Midway through the order, she changes her mind wants a hot chocolate, so then I'm changing the order. Not a big deal, all fine, all very manageable. And I go to pay and the machine's not working and I was like, oh, it's not working, and he was like, yeah, it's not working, and I was like, no, the machine's not working. This exchange happened for far longer than necessary, when he was just trying to give me the coffees for free and be nice.
Speaker 6: Read between the lines. So anyway, I walk over to the side.
Speaker 1: The coffees come out, and Lola's got a baby China when she's got a hot chocolate because somehow the order got screwed up, and now she's got a double so she's double handling two things. And she goes to take a sip of the hot chocolate and she paws it straight down the front of herself, so she's screaming.
Speaker 7: She's burning a friend new hot chocolate on a skin.
Speaker 1: It's a baby one's no worry about it being too hot, but she's covered in it.
Speaker 6: She's crying.
Speaker 1: So I grab a whole heap of napkins and I'm trying to still have a conversation with this guy at the same time, and I'm like mopping her up, and we're like half having this really fragmented conversation.
Speaker 4: You're still trying to flirt.
Speaker 6: I was still trying to I was like, my husband's in the jungle.
Speaker 4: No, it's stuffed on.
Speaker 1: So I'm mopping her up and I have all of the tissues in my hand and I'm covered in coffee and it's all over my hands, and we're still chatting away, and then I'll go to say goodbye, and I was like, oh, thanks so much for the coffee.
Speaker 6: Is really nice. It's nice to run into you.
Speaker 1: And he puts his hand out and I was like, oh, like a.
Speaker 6: Bit high five. It's cool, weird, weird, but I'm down and I find another adult and ages.
Speaker 1: But I had heaps of coffee on my hand, so I kind of just gave this really weak high five.
Speaker 6: I just high five their end of his fingers.
Speaker 3: Nothing worse than a limp handshaker and a limp high five, or when you don't make the it was don't connect.
Speaker 1: It was the saddest limpest high five I have ever delivered.
Speaker 6: And he just looked at me silent for a while, and then I.
Speaker 1: Looked at him even I was like, well that was a bit awkward, and he goes, no, I just I just want your rubbish.
Speaker 6: He was gonna put the rubbish. He didn't want your.
Speaker 1: Lips second life and I and I high fived him with a wet coffee head. So now he had a wet hand and then he just had to He just kind of like wiped it on his leg.
Speaker 6: And anyway, I'm never going back there.
Speaker 7: And then You're like, does this mean my chance is gone?
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Did I tell you my husbands in the jungle.
Speaker 4: This reminds me.
Speaker 3: I had to have a laugh. The same thing was going viral not that long ago. There was like a family that was baptizing there a daughter, and there was like the up on the stage. I don't know how this works, and I don't know the name because I don't know all the technical names. I'm not really just but they were baptizing the daughter and there was the bowl of the pond of water or whatever it is, and then there.
Speaker 4: Was the priest water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so they went to baptize and the priest went to put his hands up and I guess do like the cross or something.
Speaker 4: And she mustn't have known, but.
Speaker 7: He was really slow and old, and as he put his hand across him, she.
Speaker 4: High fived him across them. I find him like across the holy pond. And then and then he looked at.
Speaker 3: Her and was just like continued with his prayer and she was and it was all on camera and she was like, oh my god, the priest is not high fiving me over baptizing my child.
Speaker 1: Man, we walked out of that cafe and even while it was like, Mum, that was lame.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll call it together.
Speaker 3: Speaking of regrets, Laura, as much as you regret that, give us a call next. What did you regret from your wedding? Besides who you married, what did you regret or what did you wish to do differently? Maybe we're gonna be taking your calls after the break, guys, give us a call if you have gotten married and you have any kind of wedding regret or you wish you did something differently In hindsight.
Speaker 4: I'm planning my wedding.
Speaker 3: I'm getting married to my wonderfully beautiful, handsome, lovely fiance Ben later this year, and I put this call out on my Instagram a couple of days ago. I was like, Hey, tell me, what do you guys regret from your wedding, because I just wanted some inspo to make sure that I book in or I do everything that I want to do. I don't want to leave the wedding wishing I did something differently.
Speaker 6: It was wild.
Speaker 3: I had like a thousand people write their regrets on my post, and it just got me thinking of now I'm overthinking and I'm panicking, and I wanted to speak to you guys.
Speaker 4: About your regrets.
Speaker 3: But overwhelmingly, the number one thing that came through was people saying they regretted the groom, which I thought was very funny. But the other thing that came through probably the most were people saying that they.
Speaker 7: Wish they had a videographer.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of people book photography and they don't think of the video and then time goes past and they're like, oh, I wish I could watch it, like watch it happening and watch the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem is we booked a videographer, but then the cameraman stood in front of the camera and so we got a video of his back like hour in time.
Speaker 4: Ah that did you pay for that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So much money.
Speaker 1: Actually it was like the one thing that happened at our wedding, which like the aftermath of that was like the most disappointing. So Matt and I had learned like a really special, silly first dance. He'd just come off dancing with the Stars, so he really I wanted to like learn this dance, and so we had booked this videographer who were not cheap, like they were very expensive, and we got the first dance video sent to us, and it was weird. It was like close up shots and like zooming and zooming out and like shots to like like kind of like b roll of flowers and stuff like really pieced really pieced together, and it was a super ARTI edit and wh then we asked for just like the straight shot of the first dance and it got sent to us and it was literally fifteen seconds and then a figure just walks in front of the camera and then there was nothing else.
Speaker 7: Producer, Grace, you got married last year, not that long ago.
Speaker 4: What did anything you regret?
Speaker 6: So far?
Speaker 3: The day was amazing, But probably the only thing I regret is in the lead up not being stricter with the dress code because I wanted people to go full out.
Speaker 6: I wanted people in gowns, in everything.
Speaker 3: And I just don't think I was mean enough because people rocked up wearing Birkenstocks. Sneaky.
Speaker 6: People went to your wedding in Berkeley Stocks.
Speaker 7: That is Jean's No.
Speaker 1: You put black tie on the invite and people arrived to your wedding in jeans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were cool jeans. They looked great, but it was just not what I wanted. Birkinstocks's next level though, And he was wearing a vest over a dress.
Speaker 6: No, that could be fashion.
Speaker 4: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, though, when you say you wish you were more strict on the dress code, Like, how strict if they rock up and they're not wearing appropriate a tie? You're sending you Nana home. Nana can have the vest, all right, Nana? Where you're birkenstocks. But I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 4: But this is what happened to me.
Speaker 3: Right on my dress code already, I put no thongs and we know how that went down. Half of Ben's European side thought they couldn't wear g strings to the wedding.
Speaker 6: Do not wear any underwear. So dude, you need to.
Speaker 4: Be very very clear.
Speaker 6: We've got Ella.
Speaker 7: Ella's called up, Hi Ella, what do you regret.
Speaker 4: From your wedding?
Speaker 8: So I had a little bit of pre wedding dishes, and so I had a few too many mimosas.
Speaker 4: Oh you you were.
Speaker 6: Drunk walking down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Imagine saying you're like your wedding vows and just slurring through them.
Speaker 4: How drunk were you?
Speaker 8: Not drunk but a little bit tipsy to the point where I did take a little bit of a tumble walking down the aisle.
Speaker 3: But I did take Oh, oh my god, imagine Commando rolling down your wedding aisle because you've had tu many mimosas.
Speaker 4: Claire's on the line, Hi.
Speaker 7: Claire, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hilaire?
Speaker 7: What do you regret from your wedding? Or what do you wish you do differently?
Speaker 4: I don't want it to all the regrets.
Speaker 5: And so my biggest regret would be spending so much time before the day worrying about the weather.
Speaker 7: Okay, it was an ounce or ceremony.
Speaker 5: Yes, So we were supposed to be getting married on the beach, and I spent literally the months beforehand, you know the thirty day weather forecast, just watching that every day, and of course it's changing. One day it's raining, one day it's sunny. Had all the plans in place, and on the day it just went all went to pop.
Speaker 3: My producer, Grace is just handing me the photo from your wedding time.
Speaker 7: You are understating how bad the weather was.
Speaker 4: The umbrella couldn't be more inside out.
Speaker 1: O mind. God, Claire, you look absolutely beautiful. But yeah, you're trying to, I guess, make it to the alto. You're trying to walk down the aisle.
Speaker 6: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I didn't know where I was going because she was in a hurricane was out. I had no idea where I was going to get married when I was walking in that spot in that photo.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think with weddings you can only worry about the things that are within your control, because there's no point stressing about something like the weather. And some of the most incredible photos I have ever seen have been from weddings that have been taken on rainy days, like magical, magical rainy wedding photos are beautiful, but also that photo.
Speaker 3: Is incredible, like that is such a different cool photo. And I have heard that if it rains on your wedding days.
Speaker 4: Actually, good luck you.
Speaker 6: Guys, still together? We are okay? Great? Thank god?
Speaker 1: Well, look coming up. Something happened recently. You guys might know. Matt has gone into the I'm a celeb jungle. He has left, but the reaction from when he told our girls that he was leaving was not exactly what he expected. And I don't think he's going to be rushing home many times soon. Put it that way. Now, you guys are probably aware, but I'm a celebrity. Get Me Out of Here premieres this Sunday, the nineteenth of January, and it is on ten and on ten play.
Speaker 4: How exciting.
Speaker 1: The reason why I am very excited about it this year.
Speaker 6: Also I was very excited about it last year, Britt when you were on it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, good cover up.
Speaker 6: I mean I was though I was there in your corner cheering on.
Speaker 1: But this year is a particularly big one in our household, and that's because my husband, Maddy Jay, is a contestant on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here. And he's been gone now for a week, like pretty much a whole week. He's been over there sending me photos of zebras and whatnot.
Speaker 6: Because it's so cool, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: And the only reason to clarify he's sending pictures is because, like for those couple of days before the show starts, you still have your phone, so he's obviously like seeing his stuff center back.
Speaker 7: But now he's going off grid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's pretty much off grid now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he goes in like the actual filming of it because it's all live, so it starts on Sunday night. But it's been a really big transition for our girls to kind of understand that dad's going on a tea TV show and that he's not going to be able to contact them from anywhere. It could be two weeks if he does really bad, but it could be six weeks, which is so long to go away. And Matt does so much for our family and for the girls, like he does most daycare drop offs because of the radio show, he does most pickups as well. He's just like such a constant part of their every day. And when he sat them down to tell them how it was going to go and to tell them that he was doing this show, our two girls had some very very different reactions. We talked about it recently. Matt came on to do an announcement episode with us on Life on Cut podcast and he shared just how differently that experience was between our.
Speaker 6: First daughter and our second. Have listened to this.
Speaker 1: What was it like telling the girls that you're leaving, Because so Matt's known now for a couple of weeks, and obviously we've both known for a couple of months, but you only recently last week told Marley and Lola.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when I told Lola, I wasn't expecting much of reaction.
Speaker 6: Because Lola hates match, she doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like me at all. It went down exactly as I expect. I was like, look, I've got some news to tell you girls. Is in the morning. I sat them down and I said, Daddy is going to be going away for work for a long time. I'm going to go to Africa. And Lola instantly goes girl's Day. She did not care at all, and Marley was like, wait, where are you going and what's happening? But also, I now know, in hindsight, I shouldn't have said Africa or mentioned the show name because she's been telling everyone.
Speaker 6: She's told everyone.
Speaker 1: So Molly's just started vacation care at her new school and she's told all the kids.
Speaker 6: She's told all the teachers like she's like, my dad's a celebrity everyone.
Speaker 2: I said to the teacher, I'm actually going away for work next week, and she goes, oh, yeah, you're going on I'm a CELEBT. Congrats, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I was like, ah, so when we say this is the announcement, yeah, sorry Chilton, Channilton do so much work. Everyone had to sign a non disclosure agreement. Good luck getting Molly made to sign that non disclosure agreement.
Speaker 6: Honestly, she has told every single person we've come and gone.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure what you expected though she's five.
Speaker 6: I know we didn't think it through. We just didn't.
Speaker 3: It's so funny that Lola obviously, very obviously has zero concept.
Speaker 6: Girls don't know. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: She does so Lola has this thing called parental preference. So apparently kids grow out of it by the time that they're three.
Speaker 6: She's almost four. Hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: We're still waiting, but she does not give her dad the time of day unless it's like a fun activity, unless we're at the beach or where you know, he's rough housing. She doesn't want him at all. She doesn't want him to wipe her bumps. She doesn't want him to feed her dinner. She doesn't want him to get her out of the bath. Nothing of like the nurturing parental stuff is Matt able to do because she will just scream at him and say.
Speaker 6: I want my mom. So honestly, when he told her that he was going away, she has.
Speaker 1: Been stoked, and unfortunately for Matt, she's still pretty stoked. But maybe this has been gone for a week, the poor guy.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is what she needs.
Speaker 3: Maybe this like long period of time, like a month without him. Maybe this is like, oh, hang on, what's this feeling.
Speaker 4: I think I miss him?
Speaker 7: Like maybe he's a learned trait she needs.
Speaker 1: I hope that that's the case and it's not just sick of you. But he comes back and She's like, what's this guy doing back?
Speaker 6: What's your name again?
Speaker 8: Boso?
Speaker 4: But we got rid of him.
Speaker 7: Now she'll miss him, she will.
Speaker 6: But it is on this Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Everyone, whatever you're doing, stop, drop and roll and put on channel ten and everybody vote for Matt because we want to keep him away from Lola for as long as possible.
Speaker 7: Do we want to vote him into the eating?
Speaker 6: Yes, I voted him into everything.
Speaker 1: I want to see him do the challenges, like I just want to see him bomb. He will vomit. He's got a terrible stomach. He's got a really weak stomach. I think the thing is Matt would do really well in all of the scary challenges, maybe not so much snakes, but like heights and activity, all that sort of stuff, because he's a bit of a thrill secrets it is. But I think anything that feels like innately scary, like snakes or is truly disgusting, I think he's going to struggle with. And I also think he's going to really struggle with the eating. He will be starving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my biggest struggle was the eating, the vomiting and the no food. But the vomiting was worse, like eating the intestines and stuff is way worse. I'd rather stuff all right.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to wash it on Sunday night. Everyone. That is it from us for the week.