Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street. Wretchmen, this is the Christian o'conn all Breakfast Show on Melbourn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, it's five minutes past six Thursday morning. We are just about a launch show number fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jack, Good morning, Christian, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Pat's yay?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Actually, yeah, yesterday I did my first ever stand.
Speaker 4: Up gig here in Australia in secret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my wife I made her promise not to turn any one, and the wife and kids knew, not that they really gave a damn anyway, but yeah, I did it last night at Coheny Legend Dave O'Neill's weekly comedy club at the Grand View Hotel out in Fairfield, the Funhouse. Oh, I do you know what? Overthought it all week?
Speaker 4: I been worried about it. It brought us in.
Speaker 6: I mean, yesterday you guys ganged up on me and said I was a backstabber for not coming to drink Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is a private thing. In the evening, I didn't. You don't need you hear me enough? Running my trap for four hours every morning, the last thing you want to do is hang out in the evening. Have listened to me drone on as well? So, yeah, I did it last night. It was It was just great to do. Havn't done a stand up gig since I moved over here, so four or five months and not doing any stand up, and I loved it.
Speaker 4: I was meant to do ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I did around twenty minutes, so overran a bit typical DJ to say, but I loved it. There was a great crowd last night, and it was a rum and a pub. If you have been there to a fun house, that is a great night there.
Speaker 4: They were brilliant and they and people laughed and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't invite you.
Speaker 4: Your folks place is nearby. I was just around the corner.
Speaker 3: Very pleasant out that way. It snary I've never been to so far my four months here was.
Speaker 7: Jack the brun of you. Jokes though, what was your material that you did well?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't make any sense to people don't know who I am talking about a radio show that's only been on air for like fifty but yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I'm well known in that area.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but it was great fun.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: So this morning show, we got a lot going on this morning show. We've got a brand new clip for the early morning game that you have devised.
Speaker 6: I've taken it upon myself to make it, and I want it to be harder than your one.
Speaker 4: Yours? What did yours go? We got other shows? Yeah, so three shows and shows.
Speaker 3: It would still be running this morning if I hadn't said too much.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to give it any clues, good man.
Speaker 3: All right. Then yesterday in the afternoon, when the kids coming back from school and I was watching some TV with them before heading out, they like this TV show. It's an American sitcom starring Kevin James, big American comedian.
Speaker 4: Funny guy. I like Kevin James.
Speaker 3: Might see him in Paul Block More Cop one, Yeah, Paul Block More Cop two, And he's always in every single Adam Siler movie as well. I'm a fan. And I also like this TV show as well. It's called Kevin Can Wait sitcom second season.
Speaker 4: I remember King of Queens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's at that was what was in it as well, she really funny. She's got a new show, brand new season, and something horrific. They they killed off his wife at the end of season one.
Speaker 4: That's not a sickcom.
Speaker 3: That's what happens in radio, right.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, that's what happens in dramas well.
Speaker 3: And so they've got this new kind of love interest who's also his boss.
Speaker 4: Bizarrely was also his wife in King and.
Speaker 3: Queen's obviously shafted her in, so his actual wife it is dead. And obviously, because there's a family sitcom, it's not referred to at all. One line the only episode is going through the post and one of his kids is like packing their lunch to your school, and he just goes, I miss mum too, and they move on.
Speaker 5: Oh that's it.
Speaker 4: However, there's a new love interest. We referenced it, so it's okay, the new love interest.
Speaker 3: It's his boss, who also happens to be living with him, helping him out. I've not seen this woman for a couple of years on TV. I developed an instant crush for her, and remember her being very pretty, she's aged beautifully. She's got even better, like a fine wine or a grape cheese. I couldn't sennything to kids like chit is.
Speaker 4: There is her name we know? Is it Leahmani, that's it?
Speaker 3: You remember the power.
Speaker 4: It is even a great sounding name, Lea Remi.
Speaker 7: She very famously broke away from scientology.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 5: It was really controversial.
Speaker 6: I don't know that she turned her I think she was born into it, wasn't.
Speaker 7: And had got into a lot of trouble for speaking openly about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, el Ron Hubbard and these people don't like that at all.
Speaker 3: Leah Remini.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 4: Meet Christian O'Connell. Just feel right. It's going to wreck the show for the kids if you make my marriage. But yeah, you're right, Jack.
Speaker 3: I couldn't saything to them because they'd be creeped out by if then the old man is going to be excited.
Speaker 4: When's the mum coming back on again?
Speaker 3: Can we watch it again? Kids?
Speaker 4: After it?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 5: She your hall pass?
Speaker 3: Now? I haven't told my wife about this because she won't watching you with me, so she's on up this time of the morning.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 3: So but there are sometimes there are people on TV in sitcoms, various TV shows, even cartoon characters before when I was a teenager, Jessica Rabbit Kato. Oh, yeah, that you've become you have a kind of TV crush on yep.
Speaker 4: Have you ever experienced this at some point? Of course, my mine as a kid was.
Speaker 6: And this show might have passed you by because there's a kid shown the nineties. But The Secret World of Alex Mack was this show about a kid who had superpowers and she she would have only been in early tens, so how far I was as a ten year old?
Speaker 4: She was my yeah world? What about you, Pats? Who was your TV crush?
Speaker 5: My TV?
Speaker 7: I can think of movie ones, but TV ones probably Will McAvoy on the news Room.
Speaker 4: Well is that Jeff Daniels.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I loved him in that role.
Speaker 4: Quite an holded guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, very handsome.
Speaker 4: And so when we went to watch Dumb and Dummer, were you like.
Speaker 5: No, different? No, that was different.
Speaker 7: No, his character in the news room, she's got defensive there.
Speaker 4: His character now was so obvious because he's a news reader and you're in newsreader. Oh the way bangs his script at the end of report.
Speaker 3: She was banging me like that.
Speaker 5: I'm a married woman.
Speaker 3: Stile it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lira mean you meet Christian the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This morning, we're talking about our TV crushes. We're asking you who was it for you? Nine four one four one four three. So good morning, Good morning Christian. Okay, so we're promising not to judge each other's Okay, I just sort of another one to do a quick Google search. There's something creepy about Google images, isn't it?
Speaker 4: You always to Google. I don't want to read anything about them. I just want to look at them a page of the many photos at once. I just typed in Heather Lockleiar TJ.
Speaker 5: No, she's gone off the rails.
Speaker 3: She No, she has not gone off the rails. Heather Locklear will.
Speaker 4: Never go off the rails. Bless her.
Speaker 5: Okay, she cut her boyfriend's nose off.
Speaker 3: Wait, why would you do that?
Speaker 5: Allegedly? Yeah, she's yeah, she's in a bad way.
Speaker 3: You can't just say that there and then go allegedly. That doesn't even illegal gets out.
Speaker 5: I think she's been charged with him.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe a newser is saying I think he's such a funny and.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I could say anything where anyone here in Australia go allegedly.
Speaker 4: I think that is wild though, Let's move on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is what women do. They love to just sprinkle that bit of doubt or great in our dreams, don't they. Heather Locklear is innocent whenever she's been accused of Sue, good morning.
Speaker 5: So about this which is having a little fight.
Speaker 3: So Sue, who's for you?
Speaker 4: What's ther TV crush?
Speaker 6: My TV crush was Lewis Collins, who played Body in the Professionals.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also had a TV crush on him as well.
Speaker 8: Oh just a Body or Doyle and I was definitely Body.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was an absolute stud.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he.
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 10: He was just everything.
Speaker 9: He was a bad boy.
Speaker 7: He looked great in a suit and he could just bring it in the action.
Speaker 3: This was in case some of you it made it over here to Australia, that show, didn't it? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I just I loved it.
Speaker 3: I've got a whole I've got all the DVD's, I've just I just loved that show. And he was he was my dreamboat, that guy.
Speaker 4: So they were in something called c I five.
Speaker 3: You know, when theres to make up initials not m I five, it's c I five two undercover agents. But there were a couple of young guns and Lewis Collins was They're both good looking guys. Lewis cons was really good looking. Do you know he came very close to being uh James Bond. Yeah, he would have made a great James Bond.
Speaker 12: He would have.
Speaker 6: I got very excited and then it all got taken away because Ubby Broccoli.
Speaker 3: Didn't like him or I don't thought Wikipedia on the maintaining his page there suit that's great. The poster on the wall sorts, so thank you very much for that. When we day Kerry, good morning.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, hi, my JV crush was Elsie off.
Speaker 3: A Standard That is one of my best friends, the out of the place him. I'm going to have to tell you seriously, I'm going to google in my friend Shane Richie is Alfie right, No, no, no, seriously, I've got his number on my phone. He that guy. You know what, Shane would love that, that's another story. He will be amazed. You'll maker's year that the fact that anyone in Australia even knows who he is.
Speaker 8: He was so so hot.
Speaker 3: Olfiet Moon Shane Richie so what's he like our screen? Oh, it's great fun Yeah, it's a really really funny bloke. Yeah, that's so funny, Kerry. I'm gonna have to let him know. He will he will download the podcast. He'll have heard no shows, right, but he will download this one because he's been mentioned on it. That is stunning.
Speaker 4: Oh, Kerry, that's a great one.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 3: I will talking about your TV crosses this morning nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Luke going, I'm pretty good, Luke.
Speaker 3: What was your TV crush Fisher? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Home and Away?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and even now today she's still gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Home and Away neighbors. I think for a lot of hormoner boys gave us a lot two words heals, Yes, definitely, yeah, yeah, definitely, and a certain light bouncer as well, hormones.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Patses have been taken out the back to have a chat with our lawyers here and the lawyers of Heather Lockleier. Let's move on, and also to take all of that previous thing out of the podcast to get the show on air. Caroline, good morning, good morning. So who is your TV crush mate?
Speaker 11: My TV crush is Jason eccles, who is Dean with Winchester out of Supernatural?
Speaker 3: Ah right, yeah, yeah, yeah, big show. That is a good show, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah it's fantastic. But if you're asking who it was, is Dirk Benedict the eighteen? Yes, yes, he was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a very good looking guy. He studays as well. Thank you very much, you cool. Have a good day you too, by all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's go to we got here. Sue, good morning.
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm very good? Thanks for asking. I hope you're well this morning as well. And who is your TV crush?
Speaker 14: Richard Anderson? Richard Anderson here was Magi.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: He was in another show recently, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 4: That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, miss mcguiver. So you like a man who's basically a human Swiss army knife. Whatever situation he's in, he can fashion a canoe or kayak out of a paper clip.
Speaker 15: You got it?
Speaker 3: What more?
Speaker 14: What more can you want in the man?
Speaker 3: He's the ideal man. Richard Dean ands and mcgiver. But that's a great one.
Speaker 4: Sue. Thank you very much, Scotty, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Goes.
Speaker 4: Okay, who was your TV crush? Your first TV crush?
Speaker 8: My first TV crush was Jane Butler.
Speaker 6: Jane Butler, no Diana from from the original V series.
Speaker 5: She ate rats for dinner.
Speaker 3: That's the one confused with Heather and Lock. Come on.
Speaker 8: She also went on to star in Mission Impossible.
Speaker 3: To all right, So Scott, thank you very much. You'll always good to Chutch. Scott. Have a good day, Angela, good morning, Good morning, Angela, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Your TV crush was You're gonna laugh.
Speaker 11: Chuck Norris Walker Texas Ranger.
Speaker 4: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 16: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm a happy married guy, but I am always attracted to Chuck Norris and Walker Walker Texas Ranger.
Speaker 4: What a TV show as well?
Speaker 9: It's on every night.
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 9: It's on every night on Channel one.
Speaker 15: And you know what I like about it?
Speaker 4: What do you like about Chuck Norris's Walker Texas Ranger.
Speaker 15: He's fit and he saves everybody.
Speaker 3: Sadly, my wife could say neither of those things about me. Angela.
Speaker 9: It's just, you know, it's great.
Speaker 15: It's just that he's a man.
Speaker 8: He saves everybody and it's.
Speaker 3: I love it he does, and Ben in episode goes by at least two or three times an episode he will round house somebody as well.
Speaker 4: And that's I want to mark of any TV show. And it's a great call. Okay, take care, I have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: It's time for this.
Speaker 6: It's six thirty am and time to play the early morning game.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a song to me, jack Ah clever clever.
Speaker 4: At first I thought it was a fader.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's going on that?
Speaker 4: Because I don't save everybody. I like Chuck Norris.
Speaker 3: All right, so how this works? The We've got a little clip. It's a load of sound effects on the short clip. You listen to the sound effects, you've got to guess what the song title is. Yesterday, it finally went after three shows. It shouldn't have gone, but I said too much, too much when someone said it's Phil Conins and I stupidly said which Phil Collins song? That was it? The door was open, Land of Confusion. So you now have a brand new clip for everyone to.
Speaker 4: Guess that's right.
Speaker 6: I think I've made it harder than Land of Confusion. I think it'll last more days. So you've gotta beat three shows, no answers, you get to four.
Speaker 3: Yere already a Hall of Famer. So again, it's a song that you'd hear on this radio station.
Speaker 4: It's a song we've played in the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, ah, okay, the last two weeks. All right, So here's how it works. This was the one that had been going for the last three shows. This is Land of Confusion. You get the plane landing and then a lot of fusion. This is the clip. I don't know what song this is. Naughty Boy, Naughty Boy. You've done what I did. You chuck a load of stuff in there so you could think it's about possible of thirty two different songs. It's all ralphin naughty Boy. Let's have a listen again. This They are clues to a song title.
Speaker 4: What are some of the things you hear in there? Say what you hear?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, give us a call now then with your song title.
Speaker 4: Guess it's nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Al right, this is how this works. It's six thirty am. Time to play the early morning game. It sounds like a song to me.
Speaker 3: Undo that it is a bit afraid all right, So actually setting the brand new clue.
Speaker 4: You listen to the clue.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of sound effects and they are clues to a song title.
Speaker 4: Here is the brand new one.
Speaker 6: Initially it will sound like just a kerfuffle of noise, but each of those sounds adds to the title.
Speaker 3: I'd like to thank you for accidentally saying one of my favorite words, kerfuffle.
Speaker 4: Kerfuffle.
Speaker 3: You hear it sometimes like an elderly relative might say, well, they'd had a few drinks and then got into a little bit of a kerfuffle. I think a kerfuffle is just the same as a brew haha. A couple of drinks and things got into a kerfuffle and almost spilled over into a ba.
Speaker 4: Right, brew haha is a step up from against it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is from the friendly, more friendly, exceptable kerfuffle. All right, let's hear some guesses from the chorus this morning nine four one four one oh four three For the guesses, the guess is nine one? Coome oning Craig. Yes, here you're going, good morning, Craig, put him CHRISTI, how are you? I'm good? Sorry Craig, as my little phone system is playing up there. Yeah, pretty good mate. I hope you well this morning as well. And what is your guess? Oh?
Speaker 14: Sick a long shot?
Speaker 8: Ah, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: You know what. That's how my that's how my brain feels this morning as well. Do you know what? I'm going to give you a prize for that. That's how everyone feels at ten to seven is too early?
Speaker 4: Do you even remember the band or artist?
Speaker 8: I said it before I spoke to the lady.
Speaker 3: Let me let me ask producer Becks. She might have made a note of it. Producer Becks, help our friend Craig out here. He's forgotten cig.
Speaker 14: It's money, Pink Floyd.
Speaker 4: There you go, and GRAI do you remember why you thought it was money?
Speaker 16: Oh? Just a few little kicks and noises in the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not money. But thanks Craig. All right, Craig, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Terry. Good morning, Terry, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Terry? And what's your song? Guest, then brand new clue, and what do you think it is?
Speaker 14: I think it's Radio Gaga.
Speaker 4: Radio Gaga. That would make a lot of sense, like the flicking around the different at the start.
Speaker 3: Not radio all right, tough look Gary, Terry, smart guests, Let's go to my phone.
Speaker 4: Syste is completely crack.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty good, Nick, all right? And what's your guess?
Speaker 3: A whole lot of love? That's it. Jimmy Page wrote about the Simpsons when this came out.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that. It's not that, Nick. Sorry, you have a good day, all right.
Speaker 3: Dane is next, Dean Dino, how are you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good, all right, Dina. What's your guess?
Speaker 16: I guess is a song called the Way of the World by a band called max Q.
Speaker 4: How did you get to that?
Speaker 3: Dean?
Speaker 16: Uh, just the start of the clues you've given me, that's exactly you're not exactly, very very similar to the start of the song. And and the alephant being Michael Hutchins been big, big performer, and uh, and the chicken clock at the end where where he's obviously passed away. I'm not quite sure if that's gonna be any.
Speaker 3: Documentary coming on here making a murder, making a radio feature.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast now we're listening to Dean.
Speaker 3: I love the high level thinking.
Speaker 6: That's why it's more clever than what what you've come up with.
Speaker 4: It's not right, but thank you all right.
Speaker 3: One last guest, Damien, Yeah, all right, Jamieen, let's make you than The last guest this morning is what do you think?
Speaker 4: The song is?
Speaker 8: My yes is Remember the Time by Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: It's not Remember the Time by Michael jack Dory had it then I see played. All right, it's back Monday morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So we've got a busy show if you did. Eight lots going on. But first before we move on, time for the weather.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago I gave out my mobile number and said, what was I going to do with that?
Speaker 4: Is form like a WhatsApp group.
Speaker 3: So farther about two hundred people in it, and there are about twenty or so spaces left. So if you do want to get involved in this large WhatsApp group, it's four eight seven O nine eight for double two and every day I leave one of two little voice notes and you can leave them as well. Four eight seven O nine eight for double two. And one of the things we've found we found in many characters, remember the private detective? Yeah, have you got that group?
Speaker 6: Big al And then he drifted into the shadows, never to be seen again.
Speaker 3: We don't know where he is right now. He could be in the events Jackie, could be telling.
Speaker 4: Your more likely pats, oh come.
Speaker 3: And we also found this guy called Big John who's taken upon himself every day to leave me a voice note. The moment I get up a quarter of US four, it's already waiting there for me.
Speaker 4: He leaves the weather report for us.
Speaker 3: We burned out at the start of the show, but over the last two days he's a mia missing in action.
Speaker 4: However, he is back this morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, Big John here with your Thursday morning weather report.
Speaker 17: Currently sitting out of my work site out in sunshine. It's currently five degrees but it feels like one, so it is a little bit chilly, certainly not as chilly as yesterday morning, though we are chasing the top of fourteen degrees today. There is an eighty percent chance of rain from late afternoon. Details so the umbrellas are out back to you, Christian.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Big John. So yes, and I said yes, even I'm not sure if Big John's going to do the weather. If any of you've has to leave me a voice note.
Speaker 4: Well, it hadn't heard from him, so I didn't. Well we know he's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this morning there's a couple of new weather correspondents who had his and the show's back.
Speaker 12: Amen. It's three forty nine in the morning, the weather updating case. Big John's gone a wall again. Currently it's only two degrees feels like negative point nine to five.
Speaker 3: Then there was this guy Anthony, who is his star. He's the guy give us the first lyric for our song for Melbourne, kick Kick, kick him in the arse, And that is this guy, and at tells Carlock.
Speaker 13: Morning, Christian, it is very agrees at five forty and a top of thirteen degrees. Listening to you to hear my voice.
Speaker 3: Five minutes later, it leaves you another one like he's found some more weather, like he wandered around the cornerway. There's a bunch of weather over here, but a towel, Christian.
Speaker 13: With a change of rain at twelve o'clock new from six orderated twelve o'clock Awkate and called great called sixth twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: Hopefully again there's a chance to Maine at midday, Big John saying at four o'clock, perhaps, what are you saying with the official report?
Speaker 5: I'm going to go in between. I'll say two o'clock.
Speaker 4: All right, so you can split the difference fair enough. That's great, all right, Come and up next on the show. Then up there you can hear the latest.
Speaker 3: The songs almost done are anthem for this great city, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago we found out Melbourne been knocked off the number one most of All City spot by v Enna.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Lord mess that a.
Speaker 3: Cap about this, and then suddenly Gonan maybe uh the Falla of Vienna had that eighties song about the city by Midshew and Ultravox that just might swaye the judges. So I immediately commissioned the Young Artists singer, songwriter, poet laureate Artists in residence Jack Posts to try and write a song about this great city. You straight away side telling Jack what he should mention you know all that that Mark's here?
Speaker 4: What does what does Melbourne mean to you?
Speaker 3: And the people were suggesting lyrics as well, like Anthony, and then Jack went to Ona and a a writer's retreat to come up with some lyrics and he actually did an amazing job with these lyrics, and then we got blessed. This is whether song became a hell of a lot better I think than any of us could have imagined. Guy called toe Hyder, how do we come across this great guy?
Speaker 6: Chris who does the music at this station, knows him through music circles.
Speaker 3: I guess in Melbourne. Chris is a nice guy. He does not move in music circles.
Speaker 6: Okay, here he suggested him. We reached out to him. He was lovely enough to lay down his vocals on this track and he's awesome, incredible, he takes it to the next level.
Speaker 3: So it was so good we thought, Craiky, this is now becoming something. We need to add some other stuff. So I thought maybe Hamis mcglockin could have had some famous commentary. Some songs do this to give a bit more emotion. And then for a week we were looking for a kid's school choir got nowhere. Liz from the Vocal Group got in touch with us. They recorded it Tuesday night. So yesterday, after the show, we even started to film a video yep on the roof heel of the building. If you remember yesterday, beautiful, beautiful day, we're up on the building where we are in Richmond and the Placko Building which has got an amazing view. You've got the MCG in the background, the amy. It was a crystal clear day yesterday. Tommy Bananas, who does all the film for the show, he had a drone up there. I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: Did you see the size of that thing? Tiny?
Speaker 5: Tiny?
Speaker 3: I saw some of the footage. It was all filmed in four K, which is far too much high quality for what we need. Tell you, what, oh my word, what I mean? What a highlight for me? Pretending to play a guitar fulfilled a lot of frustrated dreams in me. And it was sad how quickly I went from I just do this for the sake of the camera to in my mind, I'm actually playing the guitar that's not plugged into it.
Speaker 4: Looks like good.
Speaker 6: Tommy's already started cutting pieces of you doing the guitar solo.
Speaker 3: I saw some of it and I just felt really embarrassed, like I went somewhere and you didn't need to all see it, and you pulled it off. You're just saying that because you want the footgers to go up there.
Speaker 5: You didn't look too embarrass Yesterday it.
Speaker 3: Was about we've got a crowd mob that also work in this building, not everyone here from the show of the station, but also November were kind enough to come along and sing the song three times. And it's if you remember a lot of eighties and nineties music videos where they ran out of ideas, let's go to a rooftop, all right, Well let's get it was always on the rooftop, so we kind of did that. But anyway, I should you want to hear some of the songs. So is this pretty much on the nose now? We're almost ready to release it for charity.
Speaker 4: Which it's so close to being released.
Speaker 6: What we're going to hear now is not the full version, but it will include suggested lyrics by Anthony, our listener Genius Hamish's commentary. You'll hear the guitar solo, which in the video clip will you be you Wailing?
Speaker 4: Around you even will on your back for a while like the Young Brothers. It was a kind of bomb marsh. Then I really won't place.
Speaker 3: I start off thinking I was Keith Richards, then Springsteen and then ac DC.
Speaker 5: Then like a cricket and couldn't get up.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get out.
Speaker 3: I thought, just stay down now, I just stay down here and now and start it out and then the kids quiet. So here it is song from al but we're aiming to release this for charity. But here is your song right now.
Speaker 6: A song.
Speaker 3: We will catch me if we want.
Speaker 18: No Melman and middle Day, but now Vienna leave with just seconds to go, one last ball of the guy Paul in dispute. Melbourne burst out of the middle. They break them the inner tap and now another Melbourne, we're under fifty somehow picks the kickaway. The city holds its great Melbourne wins.
Speaker 3: Are you getting goose bothers? You get the fails?
Speaker 4: And then picture the video claim that this is Christian picture that no one needs to picture that.
Speaker 3: In how great does kids quite sound? Professionals? Everybody, I think this sounds absolutely but it's nothing to do with us. It's the people who have given up their time for free to all come together over the last two weeks. That's all we've got to this. I love it.
Speaker 4: I have no shame of that.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, awesome.
Speaker 3: Jack wrote every single word of this without without your lyrics you always are, this wouldn't be how it is now.
Speaker 4: So I told hardly got excited the kids school choir.
Speaker 3: So here's the plan I'm hoping my tomorrow. If I trouble is though, I've asked producer Becks to look into this. Now. Producers works really hard on the show. Hasn't known too much about technology. She's from the countryside, okay. And the other day I said to what she was throwing a stone at a plane yetting metal Dragon, Metal Dragon. I said, no, Bes, it's an aerrorplane. I've asked her to look into how we can put this up as a charity download on the internet. The other day she was at the backhit trying to put it onto a wax cyinder. I said, that is not that is not how it works. Backs okay, so bear Weathers tomorrow I give you the full details.
Speaker 4: But what the aim is, we will definitely do this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I really want to do this. I want you to be a download.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great song for this great city and we're going to do it for charity as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: There's no other song that I've been as two more in the last week and a half after seeing a Jimmy Barns documentary I've goods. Before I moved here, I didn't know too much about Cold Chisel.
Speaker 4: Now I'm all over it. That is such a brilliant song.
Speaker 3: And when you, I hope you do, go into the Jimmy Barns documentary Working Class Boy, you'll hear that song in a different way as well.
Speaker 6: I love when that happens as well, because I'm the same. I've always known that song, but not until this week have I always turned it on in the car and just listened to it in a different way.
Speaker 3: You we even appreciate Jimmy singing in it as well, the rawness and the voice too. We got the latest news and spot on the way and then between now at eight o'clock we'll be going through our internet history. We'll been googled during the last twenty four hours. There are a couple of words I was looking for yesterday Pommy wires and I need to see what the Australian translations were for I'll tell you why next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time now for us to share our internet history, the lives that we have online, the things that we google. They say so much well what we've got going on in our lives. So yesterday evening didn't tell any of the team. My wife had kids knew. I went out and did my first stand up gig here in Australia last night. Terrified all week.
Speaker 6: Did Sarah go? No, no, no, no, no, does she ever go?
Speaker 4: She wouldn't go come into one that one.
Speaker 3: My wife believes that she has huge powers, so she'd be too wide that her nerves would somehow infiltrate my tiny thin membrane of a skull and I'd get up the go. My wife here bending my mind. So no, no, So I went last night, and thank you much to comedy legend Dave O'Neil who invited me to his comedy club that he does every Wednesday night at the grand View Hotel in Fairfield. The Funhouse lost Mooney was headlining last night and he let me go up in the middle. I had a fantastic time. I absolutely loved it. However, obviously stand at comedy, the words matter, and some words are very very specific, and sometimes just getting one word wrong can totally ruin the preceding three minute routine.
Speaker 4: It's hues you attaining if you breathe in.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it changes the emphasis on one word and you'll ruin the whole routine that you've just painstakingly set up. So yesterday I was overthinking this first gig and as some new material that I want to try as well about moving here, and I need to know that certain words would they still translate here?
Speaker 4: Did I know?
Speaker 3: Need to swap out the local translation here in Australia?
Speaker 6: And you had to google it because you can't ask your friends because you're doing the whole thing in Steake.
Speaker 3: So three needs I need to work out for the word for the stream word for a supply eye teacher, you know when you have like a relief teacher. The other one was underwear or underpants, would you know what I'm talking about? And a scooter or a moped. So I looked on Google and it was all, you know, it's like everyone's got different opinions. And there was a trip Advisor for and I think this is this is again no way, which is why then I had to ask you guys. I didn't say what it was for a stand up geek. I just said, look, I need to find out these You were actually more help? Are show? WhatsApp group was more help than Google? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thank you? So I call a substitute teacher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I would go vesper for scooter is what I suggested, rather than moped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So are you actually more helped? So that's what I was googling yesterday? What were you having to look at yesterday?
Speaker 6: In Patter's news she talked about a wreatha Franklin, lying in repose, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You and I mentioned it during the news, didn't we.
Speaker 3: We said what does that mean?
Speaker 4: I didn't know what it meant.
Speaker 6: So I've googled it and it means the body is on public viewing. And so how long is a wreatha Franklin able to be publicly viewed?
Speaker 4: For the next ten years?
Speaker 3: Varnished another layer varnished like once a month, just to check that.
Speaker 5: Her funerals on Friday. But Elvis was the same thing.
Speaker 7: I'd say they would take her back to the home, perhaps at night, and then bring her back through likely.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not being quite a science.
Speaker 3: They come back to.
Speaker 4: Back in she's in the front room. I don't know. Don't's line. They're okay, just for the spurts. But honestly, how do they do it? Is there a line?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Do people line up?
Speaker 5: I don't think it.
Speaker 7: It's free and she's there at a local she's in a home city of Detroit and a memorials seemed not a funeral home, but like a.
Speaker 4: World leaders they do for certain world leaders, they.
Speaker 5: Do Diana with a big one. You'll remember Christian.
Speaker 4: That was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Well, I was trying to think who I would go living celebrities now if they hypothetically died, who would I line up to say goodbye?
Speaker 5: That's true?
Speaker 4: You guys who you would go and visit?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: So you'd make pilgrimage?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would you make it? Would you make?
Speaker 6: Would you travel and line up and go and say goodbye to the Springsteen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Definitely?
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to? Are you allowed to actually.
Speaker 3: Like touch them?
Speaker 7: I think you can when there's an open probably not someone I'd love to do if it.
Speaker 3: Was Springsteen and less hope he lives forever and ever now names all of us. I just want to put my hand on his hand to go thanks boss, and then I just walk off.
Speaker 4: My guess is there would be a rule against that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think the famous people.
Speaker 6: Definitely, people sticking their fingers in their mouth up to Springsteen.
Speaker 5: Cutting locks of hair to people are just.
Speaker 4: I think that's parts of anything happens to Brian Adams.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, don't even let those words leave in your mouth. You wash your mouth out, Christian.
Speaker 4: All right, give us a call.
Speaker 3: And who would you queue up for if they were in repose nine four one four one oh four three. Someone actually on the line right now, Damien, Damian, Who would it be for you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: I actually rang up. I'm actually a mountician, so I actually appear the body so they can be looked at.
Speaker 4: Did you do Aretha?
Speaker 8: I didn't do Aretha. I wish I got it read. But now I'm here in Australia, so we do any anyone. Well, most people that die there are involved, and that's what it's called and that's what gives people the opportunity to come and have a viewing. Usually here in Australia it only goes for a few hours before a funeral, but overseas it's the culture here that it can be done for days.
Speaker 3: And tell me this then, who actually decides what outfit they were? Is up the family because of Etha, but that it's got this beautiful dress on these beautiful red high heeled shoes as well, Who decides all that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the family all decide all those things that happens here in Australia as well.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, all right, Damien, thanks for your name.
Speaker 1: No worries by the Christian who Condell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three yesterday on the show, I shared my vision, my dream then for our idea. During the Grand Final, it's a Grand Final NaNs lining up to try and kick the footy ball the furthest. Will they do the fifty? Who knows? So that's the dream. We are seriously going to do this. This is definitely going to happen the Grand Final. A load of grands kicking the ball so you can kick at the furthest and the grand that does kick at the furthest. And when I see how we're going to measure that. Imagine that the Olympics. You got Jack out there in the old white They always have that white sort of lab assistance coat, don't they, And the little wheel, the clicking wheel they used to have at school sometimes to go along measuring the meters. Whoever, which ever grant is the golden ground and kicks at the furthest wins one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Are we going off the first bounce or going wear the ball lands?
Speaker 3: Do you think, oh, I hadn't thought about that. What do you think is fairest?
Speaker 4: Well, you won't if it's where the ball las lands.
Speaker 6: If it were bounces and rolls, we'll be able to see straight away who's won, because the ballers.
Speaker 3: Filled you like they're having tennis hawkeye, because some of them might contest. Some of those old deers can cut up rough, you know, start the old potted angel and salty attitude.
Speaker 6: You know, right, maybe Tommy can do a drone go bird's eye view down and we can hawkeye exactly where they're bouncing.
Speaker 3: This is definitely happening, And the great news is yesterday I just mentioned that I know what. We had a couple of grands that called in there in their forties fifty said yeah, I'm up for that.
Speaker 4: I reckon, I'll even kick at the fifty.
Speaker 3: So if you are up for this, or you know your nan who might be up for this, this is now officially happening, even so that at eight o'clock, five minutes time online on our website is the entry form. This is now a thing. And the good news is we even have a sponsor, get out Pancakes.
Speaker 4: Do you like pancakes just the concept of pancakes in general.
Speaker 3: No, when you think of pancakes, what's your favorite place? I need you to say pancake parlor.
Speaker 4: You know what I would have said, pancake parla. Love a pancake parlor.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you think of pancakes, I only think of one thing. It doesn't feel right without the word parlor at the end. So I heard yesterday from Mandy David, the MD of the pancake parlor. Yeah, they heard about this. They want to get involved. They obviously someone the might there. They sponsor the Western Bulldogs in the afl W and they love this.
Speaker 4: They're up for doing it.
Speaker 3: I think it. Don't know about you, but for this relationship to go up a level. I think if they want me to, you know, talk about any of their commercial messages, be a lot better if this team had a tummy full of pancakes. Hard to do it on an empty tumtum. Pancake parlor parlor us up tomorrow, please.
Speaker 4: Pancake Fridays, Yes, Friday tradition. Music's all by request. The pancakes are delivered by pancake parlor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doesn't get any bit out.
Speaker 3: Also, I guess when we do this, we need to find a ground to do this. But it is definitely happening. We are they're going to send down a food truck to think about this. Nancakes, the pancakes, pancake, nancake.
Speaker 4: But where all I aid them too, obviously absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But it's the eating starts tomorrow morning, pancake. I don't want to take over too much. Like the grands are now going to a pancake instead of a ball?
Speaker 4: Do they?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, we just got to eat the pancakes, okay, that so yeah, thanks, and then we've got to sponsor them from the pancake parlor. But we need NaNs, We need you, so if you are up for this, GIMMICKL nine one four to three and then the official entry opens this morning eight am online on the station's website.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time for this week's isolated Vocal. We've been doing this for the last couple of weeks, always the same time, just after the eight o'clock news on the show. I'm addicted to these isolated vocal tracks. You can find them easily on YouTube. They are amazing. If you listen to this radio station, then you really appreciate good music. It's not about R and B Friday, It's about rock and roll every single day. And these isolated vocals you hear these amazing artists in a totally different way. This is a time when they were in a studio and they were using their voice. Since before auto tune or anything like that, people who really had to know how to craft their voice and use it. And so when you hear these isolated tracks, all the music is stripped away and what you're left with this to raw, raw, undeniable talent.
Speaker 4: It makes you appreciate what they do.
Speaker 3: And then we play the song that is taken from after we've had to listen to it. Last week it was Haunting with Chris Cornell. This week, on a slightly different tip, we go to the Beach Boys. Beach Boys, we're all familiar with the harmonies, but when you strip away all the music. Haven't listened to this, it just it gives us goosebumps. So we listened to this one half an hour ago. Anyways, this week's isolated vocal wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 4: If we were older?
Speaker 19: Then we wouldn't have two weeks so long?
Speaker 4: And wouldn't it be nice to live.
Speaker 3: Together in the kind of rule where we be long.
Speaker 19: You know it's gonna make it then nice where we can take a niccent twogether?
Speaker 4: Wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 19: I way have a happy times together with news I wish every Christmas?
Speaker 4: Who wouldn't it be? And now this?
Speaker 3: Listen to that song on Gold one oh four point three Beach Boys, The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: This week's isolated vocals. We do this every Thursday. If you ever find any I promise you now now you know about them.
Speaker 4: You can't know.
Speaker 3: You will go and spend time today at work when you should be working, going on YouTube, having a deep dive and find these amazing tracks. Does anything you really like think well sound great on the show. Please let me have them. Email me Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au. Good news everybody, it's officially open. We're now taking your entries, your NaNs, NaNs, we need you for our grand final grands lining up to kick the footyball, the furthest the winning grand You get thousand dollars to spend on boost because that's what they tear it up at the age you don't care anymore. You've raised your kids. You actually cut it up rough at the weekend and go wild. So NaNs, you get one thousand dollars. That's your prize. So NaN's we're looking for your entries right now. The official entries are open on our website Gold one oh four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: Do you think we should also offer them a lifetime supply of pancakes?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll speak to my friends with a pancake parlor who have come on board as a sponsor. That would be great.
Speaker 4: What is a lifetime supply of pancakes one a month, no a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kit parts to make your own pank or do they have to drive it round to.
Speaker 5: You to deliver it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's but you would want to warm, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you go in and yeah, you go? I think you'd go in and say, Hey, it's me. I won the Grand Final.
Speaker 3: It's me again.
Speaker 4: You know you saw me last week the week before.
Speaker 3: If I even see me for the last eight years, I'm still eating my prize every single Friday.
Speaker 4: There sat there with your knife and four all right and head online?
Speaker 3: Then grands if you want to enter our Grand Final Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Christian, you missed the trick.
Speaker 3: Maybe the Grand Final could have been sponsored by Nando's. Maybe maybe for the day we do this right, I can get the pancake parlor who have jumped aboard to be the nancake parlor. Could they make one giant nan cake that all the NaNs nibbilon are a massive? Can we find out wor the world's biggest pancake? And can they make the world's biggest nan cake for when when we do this? All right, So yesterday after the show we were talking about and we got on the subject this because as my fat I was asking, what is the word over here for a relief teacher, a supply teacher, and these poor human beings. As an adult now, they were cannon fodder for us, horrible little kids. The moment you came into school and they were like and some nervous looking person got up there, shaking and sweating, couldn't even look.
Speaker 4: You in the eye. Went mister Harris, isn't in today. I'm a relief teacher.
Speaker 3: You were like, oh my god, oh just sucks a free period. It was the games you were playing to torment these poor people who you knew, You're not proper teacher. You haven't you haven't got you haven't got the qualifications you have. You're you're no different to me really in your mind. And that was now that you look back thinking, imagine someone would have gone home probably crying the horrible games.
Speaker 5: What's like the mentality of I'm gonna I'm going to break you.
Speaker 4: It really was a competition to what we had to do to break them.
Speaker 3: As well, so anyway, we want to hear the stories of the games you played to teachers right nine four one four one oh four three. Tommy does all the brilliant filming on the show. He has an unbelievable story. This is this is some story, Tommy Bananas, please share this one with us.
Speaker 10: We had a relief teacher, mister Siddler, and we had him on a Friday afternoon and unfortunately for him, every time he'd turn around to face the board, we would one person would hop out the window, until by the end of the class he turned around and half the class had disappeared.
Speaker 4: I love that. I just love that. That is such an amazing one. We should try that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We producer Brat, you're right there.
Speaker 3: Christ's thought the paycakes. What else studio please four one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So the official entry is now open at Gold one I four to three dot com to au for our grand final. Haymus mcgoughlins has been texting there you and nin in the last twenty minutes, saying that it's where the ball bounces, the first bounce or were first lands that's where we measure from. Yes, great, all the text, Tamish. We are still looking for an official commentator. We've got the pancake parlor. I mean we need this is his weirhouse.
Speaker 4: Nothing from the guy. What's it going to take money?
Speaker 3: That little cutie won't dance for anyone unless you put some money in his breast pocket.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, pancakes, Okay, pancakes fine.
Speaker 3: All right, And so we're talking about the games used to play with the relief teachers.
Speaker 9: Louise, good morning, guys. We had a relief chancher, probably a first gig, and we're in year eleven, and she came out and she was really proud. She had a weekend and she'd bought her first car.
Speaker 16: She bought a little Mini.
Speaker 9: Well, the guys couldn't couldn't resist. The whole year eleven boys in the class went out, picked up her car, carried it and wedged it between two affordables.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, that's amazing when you love to have seen that, Louise, that's a great one.
Speaker 8: No, we're the room she had.
Speaker 9: They're six inches clearance, all right.
Speaker 3: Louise, thank you very much for that. Thanks all right, have a good day, Karina, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty good. So what was the games used to play?
Speaker 15: Okay, so this was back home in New Zealand and mister Isaac. Nobody really liked mister Isaac. He was our math feature and we were fifteen years old. So my job was to call him down, I said at the back of the class. My job was to call him down and help get him to help me with a mask problem. Now, while he's leaning over the desk helping me, a couple of the boys had got the erudite glue, the strong glue that you mixed together. They put it on the chair. Then they gave me the signal and i'ment Oh, I've got it. I understand. Now you can go back to your seat. Now the whole class was in on it, so nobody asked for help, which meant that he sat in his chair to the whole hour. Then the bell went and he went to go and get up.
Speaker 4: Oh that's amazing. I love the team.
Speaker 6: Guess what we're finding about all these stories is the camaraderie it has within the class.
Speaker 3: In destroying a person's life. That's great. Thank you very much. One last one, Sonya, Let's make it be you, Sonia. What did you do with the relief teacher?
Speaker 14: Yes, she will. She was an ex model and she'd walk around the school with her nose in the air like she was too good for us. Slowly your students, And when we knew we had her, after recess, the whole class went into the room. Anything that was that nailed down was turned upside down, chairs, tables, We wrote her name upside down on the whiteboard. We turned one of those big display boards over. We took all the the displays from the teachers trend everything upside down, the bars, the book boxes, absolutely everything. We all ran back around the corner, hiding, trying not to laugh and pupa At the same time, we could hear her high heels coming to the classroom and she just because I just imagine her face just standing there, just looking in the room, and all we could hear was this, oh my god, you were so it was so good. I wish we had a phone to take a photo, but.
Speaker 3: It was that.
Speaker 14: It was that I'm not a news coming from her, and that was we just all burst out laughing and we all have to go in that room. But Honestly, anything that wasn't nailed down was turned upside there.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant.
Speaker 14: So it was wonderful. It was one of the best says of high school. I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sonny very much for all the things you get up to New Zealand day. Hello to Catherine who has listening to all this shaking. She actually is a relief teacher right now, sat outside the school listening to all this. And we have our job here is hopefully try and cheer you up and get you set up for the day. We ruined our morning. She's down dreading going in. Listen, Catherine. I'm sure the kids now don't do that at all. We've got actually, i'll give you her tickets. There's a brilliant comedy that's coming out today. It's Australian comedy Star on Eddie's side. We've got some VIP tickets. You can have some of those. I hope today isn't too bad. News and sport coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three every day this week. Then VIP packages to go to Red Hot Summer Tour. This VIP package includes your tickets helpful also where you get some merchandise to sign signed it. I'm my Jimmy Barnes and you get two beverage vouchers. That's what it says here on the t seas two beverage vouchers.
Speaker 4: And spend them all at once.
Speaker 3: Take it easy to have one and wait a couple of hours, come back and get them one to really appreciate those free beverage vouceers on us. So the way we're doing this, we're doing OSSIOK. We give you a classic song from the amazing line up Barnes. He's obviously playing Jone Jet and you have to sing your way there for Ossioki this morning, sing as we played it earlier, and we become addicted to hearing this song again and appreciate it after Jimmy performs it so beautifully in his new documentary Working Class Boy. This is what you've got to sing today. You're going to try and do flame Trees justice for the fame.
Speaker 4: You come in with us next line.
Speaker 3: So it's more of this. It's not the big it's not a big belter Jimmy bars today. It's more of the it's more the all there isn't the soul?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you channel some soul? Right? Are you ready to ever go as to demonstration?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am all the travel and there ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: On a channeling what he says that you go through some deep hormone troubles. All right, go back, find the soul, find the soul, travel.
Speaker 4: Name nothing on a set back to this town.
Speaker 3: Well that was great, that was good. Okay, p Tincos, you're ready.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to charge into our demo.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: She is a queen of soul on the show for.
Speaker 20: The travel, and there's nothing else they can sept that to this down timing misim.
Speaker 3: Was absolutely terrified, sort of thing from a horror movie, you know, where you wake up and above you is that singing that and that? Oh no, please, all right, let's hear yours then call it now ninety four one four, one oh four to three, good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So tickets every single day this week VIP tickets.
Speaker 4: Actually they go to Red Hot Summer Tour.
Speaker 3: They're doing ey Saturday and the Sunday, the Saturday, the nineteenth of January at at Mornington Racecourse. Completely sold out within about an hour, so they've hadded nextra day. It's the next day. It's the Sunday, the twentieth of January. You can still get some tickets through Ticketmaster, but we have your VIP tickets right now. You are singing your way there today. Go back to Jimmy Barnes. You's gotta be the great Jimmy Barnes, but more soul for Jimmy Barnes. On this song flame Trees, Mo. You come in with the next line, close your eyes down, A great man does down. Do we think this is going to be a tougher one or an easy one for the contestants?
Speaker 4: I think they're more exposed.
Speaker 3: I think it helps you do what Jimmy does. He closes eyes, he goes inward and then goes outward.
Speaker 4: Through the heart.
Speaker 3: Thank you. All right, Let's go to Alex. Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 14: How are you going?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 4: All right, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to be Jimmy Barnes? Yeah, okay, let's bring the soul, Alix.
Speaker 6: Good luck for the man.
Speaker 20: He is nothing else say that?
Speaker 4: Oh I thought that was good.
Speaker 3: Okay, well done, great first effort. Sandra. Yes, it's not really a question, but yeah, Sandra, are you ready? I'm ready?
Speaker 4: Okay, good lotment all up, and.
Speaker 15: There's nothing else to set bar to this town.
Speaker 3: For me, that's a kind of like really nice little country western vibe to what you did there, Sancho. Why don't stay there, Kerry?
Speaker 11: Yes, oh god, don't don't.
Speaker 3: You find take your take your breath. You ready?
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, all right, good luck, use the nerves.
Speaker 21: Okay, all up, and there's nothing else concept far to the term.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, Kerry. You say you were nervous. That was wonderful, that was a delight, and you're singing that at home. I'll get the image of you in the front room by your window or something.
Speaker 4: A yeah, I mentally.
Speaker 3: Imagine that was great.
Speaker 4: Can well done?
Speaker 3: He did great? Stay there.
Speaker 4: It's very strong stuff today.
Speaker 3: Kathleen Hi.
Speaker 4: All right, Kathleen, Hi, standard off you go do it.
Speaker 21: And there's nothing else can say that to this town.
Speaker 3: That's good, Kathleen, Nice, Try nice, Try fingers down a black board, nice, try, Kathy nice.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Actually, the guys the other days you're on the first day stunk it up.
Speaker 4: This is a name. This is a name.
Speaker 3: STI stik.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, that's pig p I d.
Speaker 4: That makes you so much.
Speaker 3: Pigs on the line, on.
Speaker 4: The line, pigs on the prow.
Speaker 3: You got it now, pig Are you ready to bring the soul of Jimmy Barnes to us?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I am all right, let's see pigs can fly off you go then.
Speaker 21: Exam and nothing.
Speaker 3: Let's scrap the soul and just went for the power, the shocking or pig Man.
Speaker 5: That's like when I am up the car bucking?
Speaker 4: Is it checking out time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: One last go, let's got to use Sue. Good morning, Sue. Hello, Hello, alright, So okay, I'm wondering what what was going on there?
Speaker 3: Mate? All right? You ready? Sue?
Speaker 4: Good luck?
Speaker 13: The la.
Speaker 5: Exa nothing?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 4: Who goes into life? Sing off? Lockdown?
Speaker 6: My nomination is for Kerry because she overcame her fears. She was us, but she's fantastic.
Speaker 4: And who is that pig? He's got to be pig.
Speaker 3: Pig Man took us somewhere. Pig Man's back. He's in the final dare you pig Man?
Speaker 6: Don't want to throw out, but I can I request from pig Man. Then pig Man. I love the energy. Just a little more gentle.
Speaker 4: My advice to you.
Speaker 3: Go louder, go big you are you are singer for the final. Okay, off you go, good luck for the.
Speaker 15: And nothing go.
Speaker 6: Do this.
Speaker 3: Carry you ready?
Speaker 15: Ready?
Speaker 3: All right? Kerry?
Speaker 4: Okay, good luck mate, Off you go for.
Speaker 21: The and there's nothing there.
Speaker 14: I can set that to this time.
Speaker 5: She can sing.
Speaker 3: Look at him. He wants to give it to pig I like, Kerry, I'm going to give you the tickets. You did really well there, mate. You enjoy have a great time there again. Enjoy those bread Bridge vouchers, won't you? All Right, Kerry, well done. I'm really sorry pick Man. He's hung up now we've lost to listen. They're and a dear friend.
Speaker 4: All Right, news is coming up next town, the brand new at work time Wister.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three should be going to take us to pig Man three minutes past night and good morning, it's the Christian who gona Web show Time for your at work time waster, Jenn. If you heard yesterday's show was showing some good news. My favorite part of the show the live reads and the live adverts that I do. And there's a great one, very new cat festival, festival for cats. They get off their face on cat nip. You know what's in man for cats? I just get off it for three days and cat bands turn up.
Speaker 4: And is the best celebrity he's going to be there?
Speaker 3: Well, we all know goes. Cat Man's in town. You know cat Man. He's playing live as well. So we're at this cat festival. What cat bends would be on the bill if there is a cat festival?
Speaker 4: What what catmans are playing?
Speaker 3: I've got snaw patrol, poor troll, okay, catnip Stevens, short.
Speaker 4: Hairy styles, short hairy styles?
Speaker 3: Good? The dead mangled birds on your bedroom floor?
Speaker 4: What have you got them? For cats?
Speaker 6: She had to throw a rat away two nights ago because Mum.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't do it. And I'm temporarily staying at mom and Dad's house.
Speaker 3: Your parents have got cats?
Speaker 4: She's got a cat? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: How does your talk get on with the cat? How they get a lot?
Speaker 3: They're gett along fi, they're okay, yeah, why do they do that? Bring in a dead animal and go look at.
Speaker 4: Half feet as well? I don't want the rest.
Speaker 3: And of course to our cat friends listening lovely pets.
Speaker 6: I have the Smashing Permpkins, Ah Bronze, the Bay Kitty Rollers, Nice Silver, Bob Meally, Oh god.
Speaker 3: Very very good, the Dead mangle Birds on your bedroom floor anyway, right, the best one we get you in the next ten minutes when Jack marks the morning ten minutes time off for grabs again. Fathers Day Sunday. We've got a Navman dash cam, so text yours in cat bands for the Cat Festival coming to Melbourne. Oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much three of us were just talking about. Well, I thought we were talking about Norman Baits. Perhaps I was talking about some guy called Raymond Bass.
Speaker 4: The Killer from Psycho Raymond Bass, that right, the smthing.
Speaker 3: About right your boy ray All right, then today's that word time waste that a cat festival is coming into Melbourne. We're trying to wonder what bands are going to be headlining. Are you ready to Mark? I'm ready feeling Dion Fellen, Dion very good, Gold Cat's Domino.
Speaker 4: Ah, Yes, took me your second silver.
Speaker 3: Very good, Narrow and Croydon, North Earthwind and Furbuls.
Speaker 13: Gold.
Speaker 4: What Charlie, Tabby Winnette, that's good. I was trying to do Tabby as well. I couldn't figure anything. I couldn't I gave. I'll give that a golden catty. Can we have you mew on the end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: H Okay, Tabby Winnette. Uh Puff Tabby Puff Daddy. That's a great one too. That's a golden catty.
Speaker 3: Meal, Keith Purban, Keith Urban, very good, gold, nice Kitty Berry silver plus. Michelle wood On filling Young Cannibals, Fine, Young Cannibals.
Speaker 4: Almost their silver powder whisker. Mm hmm. That's good. Have we got a cat tribute band to powder Finger?
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 4: Paul Kelly, Paul Kelly, Sivil plus Martin Frankston, her Jam.
Speaker 6: That's a golden can.
Speaker 3: Paul McCartney, Paul McCartney from the Beatles, everyone, Paul McCartney.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you didn't, you gave, you gave Paul Kelly, you went like poor Kelly and then just Paul McCarney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: I didn't delivery. Jane and L would have let you down. Michael Katson.
Speaker 3: Takes a while while.
Speaker 4: That's a silverl plus the late Great David Miowi Golden Catty.
Speaker 3: They're running away with these today, the per tenders, Christy, that's good, yeah, gold Stratoss's bag straight in there with the bang deep purple.
Speaker 4: Very good Civil Plus.
Speaker 3: Tom Cat Jones, Tom Cat, Tom Cat Jones.
Speaker 4: Interesting different Civil Plus. Why don't it's litter box twenty? I couldn't figure one with little box fur fighters gold and one at the end.
Speaker 3: I mean, this one, I think is one of the best ones we've had on this feature. In twelve weeks we asked for cat bands and they've just done this.
Speaker 4: I mean, how does someone come up with this? Ben in mind that we're not paying them.
Speaker 3: Cat just texted in the word.
Speaker 4: I stared at that for a minute ago.
Speaker 3: I don't get that hat No just cat.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a singer called Matt and it's a player in his name.
Speaker 3: Who are we giving the nab man too? We could have give away a load of these. These have been outstanding, but who gets it? David Miowi cat all right, let me go back?
Speaker 4: Who did I giggle most? I love Meoi? What are some of the other ones, that gold golden caddy. What I mean, you're the one?
Speaker 3: I can't you make it? Note, I'm sure our Lightning producers would have been writing them down.
Speaker 4: I've got them all golden Caddies. We've got Tabby Winnette puff Cat was a puff.
Speaker 3: Caddy, Puff Tabby Taddy, third Jam Yeah and David why not producer bre she was making it out of those? All right, you win the Navman dash can for Father's Day this weekend. If you want to get yourself one or one we one for you Dad this weekend Navman dot com.
Speaker 4: Do you well?
Speaker 3: Don everyone the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast show gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: I forgot to say earlier, right you were getting ready for your news you were?
Speaker 4: And the toilet.
Speaker 3: Producer Bes who comes up with so many classic lines. I mean, we are gifted to have this person. She works really, really hard on the show. However, I'm not familiar with the area that she's from. But the more she says, I get the feeling is she from hill.
Speaker 4: Billy's She's not from the city, right, Okay, she's from coast.
Speaker 3: So yesterday she was actually saying to me about she asked me how plaines work right, because she's got to get the one next week. No, she said, well they shouldn't be able to get up in the sky. And I told you that I caught throwing stones at a plane and she was yelling metal dragon No. And then we were talking about cats. She came in about cats. She was like, do you like cats? So well?
Speaker 4: I'm a dog guy.
Speaker 3: But you know, she goes, all cats are it's just licking themselves. I went, what she actually becks? Have I got this right?
Speaker 4: Am I miss quoting you?
Speaker 3: What did you say about cats? No?
Speaker 4: I said all they do is lick themselves all the time.
Speaker 3: That's what you said, is all they are. That's all they are. That's all cats aren't. That's all they do is lick themselves all the time. Anyway, that's the best of bects for today, Metal dragons and cats.
Speaker 4: All they do is lick themselves all the time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three We.
Speaker 4: Are back tomorrow morning playing all your songs. Hold to show We do it every Friday.
Speaker 3: Is all requests if you go on to our Facebook page OC one O four. I don't know what happened to me there oc one O four to three and let us know what song you want to hear.
Speaker 4: Plus, now the entries are open.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your grands to try and enter our grand Final. We're looking for grants to try and kick the ball the furthest. Whoever kicks at the furthest Jack had been measuring it at one of those little clicky things we had at school. You win one thousand dollars. So the entries are now open. We'll look forward to hearing and seeing some of them tomorrow on the show. You need to head online to Gold one O four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 6: And pending one thousand dollars plus lifetime supply pancakes.
Speaker 3: I need to speak to the pancake parler about this first of all, but let's just put up, as they say in this industry, this is pencil that in for now, and we'll work out what's the highest number of pancakes that the pancake parlot are happy to give them.
Speaker 6: Or, as Pats would say earlier this morning, allegedly a lifetime supply of pancakes.
Speaker 4: Allegedly all right time.
Speaker 3: Today's show is Metal Dragon No Huggy's up next. Thanks for listening, Have a good day.
Speaker 1: Jon O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three