Speaker 1: Just posted by a couple of Mitches. Hello, yeah, hell a, you release yourself for the rude shocks of young adults. You know, I take cognition vitamins every day.
Speaker 2: I think you need to up the dice now.
Speaker 1: Is Mitch Julie and Mitchell Coos hollo you Hello you Hello Mitchell. Big week for you, huh, massive week for you for you.
Speaker 2: Not for me, massive week for me.
Speaker 1: It was a massive week for me. I am brain frightum on like four hours sleep, and I hope you don't mind. I know we're wrapping up. We only have this less than five episodes left. M on that what.
Speaker 2: Last episode two fifty I very confidently said, well, we're down to the final five in fact after this episode, but then there are four left, and my darling Sewan very kindly pointed out that's completely fucking wrong. Why because two fifty one fifty three, two four, two fifty five that's five episodes. Oh, you're right, Like you know when people say, oh, I don't count to ten one two, No, you just skipped a second. You meant to start at zero, like a stop watch doesn't start at one, does it? Anyway, that's fucking irrelevant. It is now we're into the final.
Speaker 1: Final five, Final five. But I do want to say, now that we've officially started the final five, do you mind if I do something we've never done on this show? Of course, I just want to start the show, yep, and I don't want to waffle at the beginning. I've got some news to share it. Can we just start well formalities? If it's your first time listening? Well, is it just me? We start every episode they're saying with an is it just me? Each something we've noticed, hate or appreciate. We don't tell each other what it's going to be. However, I have a fucking feeling. I know what this is going to be about. Also proce Keepy Jenner is here?
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi Jenna a third wheel Radley?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Are any of you unemployed?
Speaker 4: That's cruel? Don't say like that.
Speaker 1: It's just you? Unfortunately, Yes, yeah, let's jump straight to it. I have some news. So I have left Kiss FM arn and I am no longer going to be on the network. In twenty twenty five, I will not be on the radio in any capacity as as far as this message goes, And that time of recording, it was not my decision I was. I was given alternate options at the network, but they not what I wanted and not at all the cattle rol level that I have been doing for a decade.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone saw this coming. Of the newspaper headlines saying blindsided, and I was like, fuck, that's the perfect word for it, because no one saw that coming. Joint me to play the announcement you did on Kiss for any of our idiots that might have missed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, this is on the pick up one of my old shows.
Speaker 2: Oh you're still there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: We'll get to all that info, but yeah, play it before we start the show today.
Speaker 2: We a sorry, is it just me on the fly? It sounded like you were starting an ad before we get into today's episode. Thanks, Hey, before we.
Speaker 1: Start the show today. His program's brought to you by Redundancies. I shouldn't keep going before we start the show today. We and I have some news that I really don't want to have to share. But we have some show news, yes, and really big changes to the show. Yeah. So late last week I was informed by the powers at b at Arn, which is the parent company, that they have identified my roles and my position here at the pickup with you two as roles that won't be returning in twenty twenty five. So I just want to say that it wasn't my decision, wasn't my call. I really wanted to stay on this show with the two of you, and that I love working in radio and I love working here. I have been told that it's, at the end of the day, a financial decision for the company.
Speaker 2: Mitch. We also want to.
Speaker 1: Say, oh no, don't, don't know, no, don't because listen, the critics said that a gay man and two girls on radio wouldn't work, and now we're hysterical it's not going to be good.
Speaker 3: I am jealous at the people to get to work QUICKI next, well, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to, but you know our hand has been forced. Listen. I am so grateful, I genuinely am for what they have given me over the almost decade I've been here, almost a decade. You know, I started on the Kyle and Jackie Oh Show when I was nineteen and I was their burista. I made their coffees and let me tell you, I was a kid who dreamt to have a show like this, and now I've had a show like this, and now I've got way more time to dream of more dreams and head on out and doing this show and connecting to the audience that are listening now, and working with you two and having every show at the radio station. I cleaned the toilets in this building when I was twenty, you know, I started here. Yeah. Actually should go back to HATEHR to discuss that.
Speaker 2: But Mitch, you are a brilliant broadcaster, and this is this is the biggest loss to this network. You're not being here, it really is. Fuck.
Speaker 1: Thanks for making me realive that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I should have checked if that was okay.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful mess.
Speaker 2: Did you just wing that or did you sort of have a speech prepared?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I had some notes prepared ahead of time in dot Points, the first time I'd ever prepared for any radio in my whole life. Actually it was my goodbye announcement. But I just want to say that, Yeah, it wasn't my choice. I wanted to stay, but my hand was forced. This industry is going through like a big upheaval. Times are changing. But I think you get loud into such a false sense of security when your job is what we do you know, I think we're lucky. Radio podcasting is different to radio. You know, we have such control over this this show and this medium and what we get to say, but radio like, it's a different beast. It really is. And I think I just thought that I was part of the furniture and I was safe.
Speaker 4: You know, I think everyone did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fact, that would explain to our dy. It's why you were missing from last Monday's episode because you told us the reason you couldn't do it, and we were like, is this that joke? You know, I didn't believe it because it was just so far fetched to us that that could happen.
Speaker 3: We were expecting you to be like, just kidding. I was still waiting.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this all in good time. But it was the day that we were recording and you guys were in the studio and I said, I'll be ten minutes. I've just got a meeting. I thought I was going to get given what of cash? I don't know. I'm doing so well. The ratings for the show are fantastic. They got to get me a bonus, and then a lady from HR was in there. I'm like, oh, this is not good. So you know, I just want I have had some of the most beautiful messages I've ever received in my life from people that listen to the show and my radio shows, and I just need to say thank you.
Speaker 2: It obviously would have been a shock at first, and it's different for everyone. When some people, for example, get made redundant, they're like, sweet, I'm out. They see it. It's like a blessing. It's so different when you see a future at the.
Speaker 1: Business, when you're being told that you have a future, and.
Speaker 2: Also it just does a reason to believe you don't that's right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I understand financially, why why it had to be done.
Speaker 2: I guess, and I feel like correct me if I'm wrong, and I want to put words in your bloody mouth. I feel like now you can see it for what it is, just the financial decision, because at first, when that initial shock happens, you obviously can't help but take it a bit personally.
Speaker 1: Well, either that or it's deeply personal. And I mean, as much as I like to joke and throw around all these bits on the show and both shows like I'm a ver, I don't think I've pissed anyone off.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh my god, the thing I was stunned by. I've actually got a few comments to read out, because sometimes if radio shows get axed, you'll see people in the comments being nasty, being like, oh good about time. They deserve that.
Speaker 1: They're I switch off at this time every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think again, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think I saw a single comment like that. To not be trolled, especially on Facebook and daily mail, and to not be trolled and have everyone go what that sucks thing? It for what it is, that's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very sweet, Mitchel. I think the one thing that shocked me out of everything, and you know, as guarded as I am and as devastated as I am, I'm ready to talk about the fact that they used a headshot of when I was fat in the paper. I mean, for God's sake, they use an old headgshop when I was twenty four. That was for each of I think I think that was a contracept of diaphragm. Sam took that photo, oh that one. Yeah, yeah, I completely forgot about that.
Speaker 3: The photover I'm actually cut it out of the newspaper and it's actually stuck on my desk at the moment.
Speaker 4: Well that that article because I just think it's just you're in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: Page three. I don't know how the hell am That's pretty good. I'll take it pretty good. But it's like blindside, a gobsmacked radio star cut and then it's me.
Speaker 2: Like the photo. But I don't imagine there'd be many photos out there of you looking devo.
Speaker 1: No, there's not many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they wouldn't be able to pick a stocking me to be looking sad.
Speaker 1: Jenny. Can you google Kissfir Mitch Chery because this has never happened to me, and you know, I'll take it. Baby.
Speaker 2: I got papped, really yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought someone getting the Pepsi was taking photos of the Pepsi Palace because of its architecture. Right, I might look at that guy with a big, big lens with you leaving the building.
Speaker 3: The headline reads, You'll be right, mate. Laura Burn and Britney Hockley support axed co host Mitch Jury as the exit Sydney's Kiss FM studios.
Speaker 1: It looks like I'm being charged with manslaughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like they're escorting you because you're standing in the middle and they're both LinkedIn arm each It looks like you're in handcuffs and they're escorting you, like you'll do this peacefully.
Speaker 1: I'm embarrassed. I look horrific. You really don't look horrific, crumpy. It looks like I'm disgraced, Like it looks like I've been let go because I've said something really problematic and in the same week as Alan Jones in the present.
Speaker 2: Did you know that was taking photos?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't, but the girls who clearly like I don't know, they must be used to it. The girls are very famous, but they're like, I think someone's taking out photo and then so I don't know what to do. No, I look, we joke about it, but I have to say.
Speaker 2: Can you let me know as soon as it's not too soon to joke. Because I had to stop myself when that post went on Instagram, you announcing that you were leaving. I had to stop myself from commenting something smart, Arsie.
Speaker 1: What did you want to what was it?
Speaker 2: I was going to comment that thing that close friends often do when there's a pregnancy or an engagement announcement, and it was going to be like I'm so glad we can finally tell people. I was like, that's going to be funny too exactly, no one knowing, but I would find that you when's it not too soon to make jokes? We can finally tell you.
Speaker 1: A little sooner. It's a little soon, you know. And the thing is, I had messages from idiots and the listeners, and I don't know, I think I hoped people could tell how much I loved being on those shows. Yeah, and the night show especially was like my my baby, Like I did next Your Midnight. I hosted the late night show that I worked on, The Thinker Girls before that, that's where Mitch and I met and HQ HQ, it's where Jenna and I worked together. We met and then I had the show to myself and then I love that and it rated its tits off. It did really well and I was so happy with the show, and we got great guests and it was brilliant, and I just, you know, I actually am devastated and got it.
Speaker 4: I feel like we all are, though, we really are.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it's going to be your acting story that we'll be able to tell in years to come. During your I don't know, some sixty minutes or Australian story or something. A lot of people in the industry have one. You know that Hey, Misch and Nandy were acted very early in their career.
Speaker 1: Said to me to help to cheer me up. It was very sweet.
Speaker 2: Christy Swan was axed.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, but it's not about your talent or anything. It is financial.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read some of the comments. Katie said, I think all the members of this group this is in our Indurian idiots. I think all the members of this group can say with confidence that this decision is not a reflection of Cherry's talent. And you create brings so much joy and comfort to those who hear it, and it's evident in your interactions with others that you have a heart of gold. I'm so sorry this happened. And you have such a crowd of humans in your corner rooting for you and who are excited to see where you land because you have so much goodness to give. See, that's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: That's that's really nice.
Speaker 2: And then Kate said, have a feeling that CHERI will need another trip to the smash room. I have a feeling that's actually why he did join us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the subtext with the smashing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's continue with the show. I'm still on air, by the way, for the next couple weeks. It's my choice. And I do want to say, actually, because there are a couple of comments, the ending of this podcast has nothing to do with the ending of the radio show, and it was actually, I mean, that's just a sick way the world works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just pure fucking bad luck, weird coincidence.
Speaker 1: No, but people have tried. I saw some comment as connecting dots that aren't there to be connected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Justin said, oh my god, this is terrible. I guess this is why the podcast is ending. Also, since the two of them will know be with iHeart No, so not the case.
Speaker 4: How will I will still be with iHeart?
Speaker 1: General will still your heart. But also the way that the structure that this works is we own this podcast. Yeah, we're the bosses of the show, So we we give our ad space to iHeartRadio and then they they sell them and that's how we both make money whatever. But it's got nothing. The contracts are completely separate, and it was unfortunately one of those things in the world and the universe. That was a shock, a bad coincidence of timings.
Speaker 2: In fact, what you've actually just the kind of leads me into my it gym as well. Do you want me to get into it right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah. I just want to say thank you to the idiot, Thank you for you too. You've been amazing. Friends, and to anyone that said to listen to me on the radio, it will not be the last time you hear me.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously not.
Speaker 1: God, you have no platform. Now. I went from three to zero in a week. It's all right, onwards and upwards.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Let's do your reach, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Is there a you need tiny part of you that sees this as a good thing? My cutting, the tiny part of me that sees it as an opportunity.
Speaker 3: At first I was so angry, but now I feel like, I don't know, it's like opened a new door, you know, this could be such a positive thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, there is a little there's like a fire in me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry not, I was fired. It's what I was trying to say about. Sorry, sorry at me. No, No, there is a little fire in me. But it's like I can sense that it's burning, but it's not a full, you know, stoked fire.
Speaker 2: Yet, what do you mean, Well.
Speaker 1: I have that in me, and I go, yes, there's so much I want to do. But you've got to understand that, like kiss and broadcasting and being a radio presenter was in my DNA exactly. So it's my reality has been turned upside down. I spent more time in the radio studio than I have in my house, genuinely.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no denying that that everything's been turned upside down. But also having said that, am I right in saying that this is the only place you've worked in media?
Speaker 1: Yes? I had a brief din as a life saver that I was.
Speaker 2: Like, not including coals and shit, But this is the only place you've had a radio job.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I suppose there obviously is like a sense of loyalty right massively, even a little bit of Stockholm syndrome if you don't mind miss that.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, you're probably right. I mean, yes, you were definitely right. When I was told I it was like, it is so personal because you can't take it any other way.
Speaker 2: And also I will say that we recorded an episode with Kate Langbrook hasn't come out yet. We're saving that for next week. It is stick around. And at this time you hadn't been let go and you were talking to Kate about how much the job had become almost like Groundhog Day. Your exact words, you described it as an old old candle melting down. It kills you. Yes, you were being dramatic, but there is truth behind that because no denying that you fucking loved the job. Ye, you appreciated it. You valued it because obviously it's a good fucking opportunity. Why wouldn't you, But also it was taking a little bit of a toll, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you want the truth, that's why the podcast part of it is ending, because I was we both.
Speaker 2: Were, as we said at the time, too much juggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was exhausted and I've said it before before I'd even chosen to leave this show and those shows were cut. I was doing, I am doing what is it? Five? Ten twelve shows a week, twelve content shows circ de Salah don't even do twelve shows a week, and they're flipp it like.
Speaker 2: Not even alphabe, but can do fucking twelve No, Cynthia, I'd like to see you try back exactly, to be honest, and it was I was exhausted.
Speaker 1: But I don't want this to be picked up or taken by anyone that I wasn't grateful, loved the jobs, or gave it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I said, no denying that. But that's why it's easier for me than it is for you to see it as an opportunity to spread your wings, basically, because I don't know how to describe it without sounding like a bitch. How do I describe it? It's like say it because Okay, well I've known you for fucking years, right, what is it seven?
Speaker 1: If it's seven years seven or eight?
Speaker 2: And the whole time i've known you, you've been so vivacious and energetic, full of life and colorful. Yeah, but it's just been maybe in the last year or two that that colorfulness there's a bit more gray in there because it's becoming so groundhog day ish. Yeah, And obviously you'd be a fool to throw in the towel. And so I think this is where I'm getting a bit woo woo. I never do this, but I'm getting weo weoo I think the universe was like, I'm stepping in. He's never gonna quit. In fact, you've been house hunting. You were about to fucking sign a mortgage, making me more beholden to the job. The universe was like, nahap, get out.
Speaker 1: You're not the only person that I said that. Isn't that weird? And it's also apparently in my Satin's return.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: We need to get.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Hang on, here's a comment from Demi. All these doors closing will only give you all the freedom in the world to open some new and exciting ones. I just know you'll play a huge part in the future of radio or TV or both. He's the nail on the head, Demi.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet, I know, but it's just as scary, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you're obviously going to get another fucking gig. No one doubts that at all. But even if it doesn't happen immediately, God, wouldn't a fucking gap year be the most gorgeous thing?
Speaker 1: Oh Mitchell, I don't.
Speaker 2: Have to do anything. You can do what you want. Follow your curiosity. I know, so fulfilling, my.
Speaker 1: Grace, my grace, my producer craz goes to me, do I come to Gochella next year? IM, I can't.
Speaker 2: I care you, Canchella. And that's what I meant about the last couple of years. Things that used to excite you no longer were as much. No they were because your mind was like, it's either work or recharge two things. But now you can just play well.
Speaker 1: So if you want the truth of it, like you kind of fit I got into in Stockholm syndrome is the perfect way to describe it. I just got into thinking that that was all I had to give, or the only product I was ever going to give, you know, because you get so good at a product, like what do they say, seven years in a job, that you're a professional, Like you finally mastered your craft. I'm up to like nine. So I was like going in and it was it was so easy for me to get out there, get a couple of easy gags, and continue on the radio that I'm excited to stretch a new side of my brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People have been saying to us for weeks, I'm so excited to see what you guys do next. Fuck me. Yeah, Now they mean it more than the world's your oyster.
Speaker 1: Our reunion's going to be so fucking live stream. It's going to go crazy.
Speaker 2: And now I could be the one to make fun of you for not having a full time job.
Speaker 1: I have make fun of you. I admire and I respect, but the irony is not lost on me that now we've a very similar situation.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 3: Also, like it's normal to have that fear as well, and I feel that like that fear will also drive you for sure. So don't beat yourself up about being scared and stuff, because I feel like that's normal. You've this has become your life. Yeah, and now it's just to explore more options and it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: And it's ally but also you're very safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Am I being able to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because it's like you're going to end up homeless, not being able to pay rent up work, you know what I mean. Like you're in a good spot to take this on.
Speaker 1: There's a payout, like, you know what. That's the truth of the matter is this industry is in a shit spot, right and it's no medium. Yeah, it's no one person's fault or no one company's fault, and it's keys to say around. It's all the networks, right, you know who is fucked. It's the little people who don't have a profile, can't get on a podcast and can't go and do a dinnerly deal, you know, like it's it really is frightening. And then there's there's such a small pool and it's dwindling day by day of roles that they can take. So I'm very blessed and that's not lost on me that I get to come on here and waffle and chat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just wanted to say that, Yeah, I feel like you're in a better spot today than you were even last week. I feel you've had time to process the whole thing, right, Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, I'm better. But you know, there's highs and there's lowers. It does, Evan, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's also important not to bottle things up talk about it, and I feel like that makes you feel better as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said, thanks guys, it's very nice.
Speaker 2: If I could wrap this whole conversation up, it would just be you'll be right, You'll be right, Yeah, no one's doubting it. Yeah, you'll be fucking right, hear here.
Speaker 3: So we do too early for that, as Helen Keller once said, this podcast.
Speaker 2: Is fucking dope you're listening to Is it just me? Okay? Coming up in Wednesdays, episode number fifty two, a new round of will It Yes.
Speaker 1: No, the segment no one asked for.
Speaker 2: Hey, you started it?
Speaker 1: I know, but bos are what off? Now? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to tell you now? And should I save it to Wednesday?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I like a surprise, because basically.
Speaker 2: Will it if you're if you're fucking new here is when we do weird food experiments done? Will it block our own dog?
Speaker 1: I watch the that we decided was it? Was it the cherry ripe chocolate block, which.
Speaker 2: We later found out is actually yeah, yeah, I think it was the Was it the ginger nut?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, that was done?
Speaker 4: It amazing.
Speaker 2: And we also did will it Blend, which is where I just turned meals into SMOOTHI it's like a meat pine of big m into.
Speaker 1: A smoothie reversed, engineered and I had to guess the ingredients.
Speaker 2: And we've also done will It Cream, which was a di y ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you're talking about that night with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And it didn't on that night.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely did nothing.
Speaker 2: I've got a brand new will it another food experiment? I can tell you if you want.
Speaker 1: Do you know Jenna? I have told her, fuck you're doing car hoots. It's like my redundancy meeting all over again. Two people privy to info that I know nothing about.
Speaker 2: Well, we had to figure out something because someone's been moping.
Speaker 1: Don't you start me. I'm allowed to mope.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you haven't given me the permission to be. It's not too.
Speaker 1: Too soon, so let's keep it a surprise for me.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's coming up on Wednesday. Meanwhile, should we head to the phone for me to get one of our beautiful idiots on for an Is it just you?
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Ours are a bit mopey today, like speaking of moping, so let's get someone on. We're going to Victoria today. Back us Marsh, backus march back as march Marsh. We'll ask your Chloe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some just sound and me I don't know, backus Marsh.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi Choe.
Speaker 5: N Oh my god, Hi guys. Nothing. I'm just at work at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you do?
Speaker 5: I work at a car wash?
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god. Can you describe to me the most revolting car that's ever come your way.
Speaker 5: It's not even the cars, it's the people.
Speaker 2: Of course, you just want to give them a rints too.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh my god, I can't even shay you what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. What do people get mad about? What the car isn't polished up to their standards.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's mainly just like the cars aren't clean enough. I'm like, well, you have to hand scrub it properly, and.
Speaker 2: Also they have to pay for the xy clean, right if they want it done perfectly exactly?
Speaker 1: Well, how long have you listened to the show?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, my friend shout out Georgina. Hi, she showed me. I think it was the episode where you started micro were they?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was in season two ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think that was like either before COVID or just.
Speaker 2: Started or okay, well listen, we haves pronunciation.
Speaker 1: I believe it was got back when we're doing those remember that. All right, We're gonna let Bradley we know.
Speaker 2: About Bachus Marsh. Where where the fuck's that?
Speaker 5: So BACKA smash is basically like forty five minutes from the city, pending traffic, and forty five minutes from Ballarat.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's been such a nice position.
Speaker 5: It used to be like the stopover town, like gold mining era.
Speaker 1: I believe gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Have you been to Sovereign Hill?
Speaker 5: I did. I haven't been like in a few years. I think the last time I went I was in primary.
Speaker 2: Bradley, it looks lovely backus Marsh anyway, Yeah, you're right, Bradley, he's ready to count you win, Chlo, have you got it? Needs to just me? Ready to go?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Here we go? Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Is it really therapeutic to write out a small list of inconveniences for your enemies?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait for them?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like so you don't want to wish grievers bodily harm towards someone. Never So two months ago I started a list.
Speaker 2: Oh this sounds fantastic. So like this is the punishment you're manifesting for them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh my god?
Speaker 1: What did I make a paper cut?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Read the man?
Speaker 5: So if you want to pick a number each, I'll go so far.
Speaker 2: How long's the list? There's forty, I'll go thirty seven my favorite number?
Speaker 1: All right, No, you just individually?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you start thirty seven?
Speaker 5: So thirty seven is I hope your candle never burns evenly.
Speaker 2: Horrible when that happens.
Speaker 1: Bloody tunnel and you can never get that hump, can you. Now, there's always a candle hump or a hill And no matter I light the candle, that hold on the side and try to burn it.
Speaker 2: And people tell you if you put a bit of foil over it, it should even it out. No, it never works for me. It never works for me.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic or all right.
Speaker 4: My turn, my turn, okay. Number twenty three.
Speaker 5: Twenty three is I hope when you're building a flat pack finish and see one piece to the side and never know where it was meant to go.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's the best and it's going to be a little bit ricketty for its whole fucking life. That thing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's amazing. I swear they put extras in just a funk with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a drive puzzle. It's an adult puzzle, all right.
Speaker 1: Give me Chloe thirteen thirteen as if you haven't had enough bad luck, that's my lucky number.
Speaker 5: This isn't going to do well for your ego. Chury okay, God, I hope in a group's photo. The person who's taking a photos finger is over the lens, only covering your face.
Speaker 2: That's fucking cruel.
Speaker 1: That would upset me.
Speaker 2: Great, God, it's so funny.
Speaker 5: You get what you get and you don't get upset.
Speaker 2: All right, Am I going to be greedy for asking for another one? I'm loving this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know I would read the whole list to you guys, So go for it.
Speaker 1: Gus, give us a couple of notables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, you tell us your favorites.
Speaker 5: I hope you always get a trolley with a broken wheel the worst. Oh, this one's actually happened to me, and that's why it's on the list. Yes, I hope every time you say something funny, no one but the person next to you shears it and repeats it and everyone laughs.
Speaker 2: That happens to me all the time. You know who's actually the queen of saying exactly what I said, but louder and then claiming the laughs riving reporter Oscar all the time, and I don't let him have the win. I'm like, but no one ever sides to all Right, one more give us your best? Yeah, no, not one more?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need more? What about number seven?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I'm seven.
Speaker 5: Oh op. When you cook chips in the oven, they never crisp and it's always soggy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know oven chips have They never work? Oven chips never work for me. Are either too burnt or they're wet in the middle and cold.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they feel very mashed potato.
Speaker 1: I agree with.
Speaker 5: You, I say, air friers for the wind.
Speaker 1: All right, thirty one?
Speaker 5: Your age thirty one?
Speaker 1: Shut up? Not this sweet?
Speaker 4: It's actually mine.
Speaker 5: I hope you order clothes online or you buy in store and get them the wrong size and you can't return it because it was a sale item.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is fantastic. I don't want to say that I have a favorite. Is it just you call? But this is fantastic. Are you in our group, Chloe?
Speaker 5: I'm not as active as I would like to be.
Speaker 2: Please post the full list?
Speaker 1: Yes, good idea.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, I'll do that right now.
Speaker 2: No, not right now, wait till the episode comes out. It'll make no fucking sense to anyone.
Speaker 1: Yet, everyone's like, shut up, you boys, make the content.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I bet the bullet there you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So idiots head along to Enduring Idiots. There's a link in the show notes if you're not already part of our Facebook group so you can see the full list. I actually can't wait to see it myself. I mean, did you come up with all of these yourself? Yep.
Speaker 5: I will say about ninety percent of the list has happened to me and that's why.
Speaker 2: And you're like, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, I do, actually have to amazing. I'd love to its great, all right, cloth.
Speaker 5: Something happening to someone and be like, I don't want that to happen to me at all.
Speaker 2: Right. We'll make sure you message Prize keep It Jenna on our Instagram and she'll send you your umbrella umbrella.
Speaker 1: Do I get an umbrella? Yes?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 2: You get an umbrella?
Speaker 3: Oh? My?
Speaker 1: One of how many?
Speaker 4: No, there's five left?
Speaker 5: My lucky number.
Speaker 1: Five. Give us five before you go. Number yeah, number five, number five.
Speaker 5: Number five. I hope McDonald's mess up your order and you don't realize until you're already home.
Speaker 1: It's always the chips or the sources or just not in there. Chloe, this is one of the best calls. Is great. Thank you, love your hen, Thanks for calling the show. Hi guys. Sorry out all right, Well that was great.
Speaker 4: I loved that.
Speaker 2: And if you want to be one of the final is it just you callers on this podcast and win yourself one of the unbrowners and a tope bag because we're gonna get rid of them before we exit for good. You can DM whatever's on your mind to our Instagram at a couple of mitches, or send a text to this number. I'll thought till nine a two zero two nine on the fly, sorry, bucket list on the fly. Yeah, I just thought of this. Should we try and get before we finish a straight male caller for an if it just you? I don't think we've ever had one. I could be wrong. Please it's mostly women engage, which nothing wrong with that. There are people, but I just love for the novelty for something to be.
Speaker 1: Like good a fella time we thought we had when we were Gasolin. It was Mitch that fucking top from I remember sound. The show has got me through some dark times with my gorgeous boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Cloth that guy. Yeah, let's do it anyway. Sorry, we were we on the thought. That's good.
Speaker 1: On that note, we are going to go Yeah we better. Yeah, thanks for listening everyone, it's been a big week.
Speaker 2: Definitely been a fucking big week for you, right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it has Jesus? Is that man sort of charge slaughter?
Speaker 2: It's twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just slaughter? Really, I mean, you don't put anything before it. You know, someone called me out on my former radio show. They DM me and they were like, you need to stop saying ladies and gentlemen. And I want to. I want to be so inclusive and I actually actively try, but there's just not a good gender neutral term for ladies and gentlemen that has the grandeur of ladies in gentlemen?
Speaker 2: What about folks?
Speaker 1: Let me try.
Speaker 2: I don't hate welcome Hello bugs. Yeah that just sounded like you said hello bags.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of bugs bunny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, all right, I don't know. Oh, everyone everyone.
Speaker 2: Works, Yeah, everyone's fine.
Speaker 1: You can't say guys, no party people.
Speaker 2: Radio?
Speaker 1: Hey, party people please? No, that was never the radio I made for your last show?
Speaker 4: Can you say party people?
Speaker 2: Do you have any stories about like fuck ups you made when you were new to radio? But it's early it's early days. What do you mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm still grieving. I'm not ready to look back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was more celebrating how far you've come.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sweet. Now. I took the radio station off her in the first couple of weeks, and my boss said, made, if you do that again, we're going to send you back to radio school. And I just had an that's to radio.
Speaker 2: School, which is so impressive in itself. By the way, Oh okay, we don't need that, comprete. Yeah, because also I had to learn how to use the panel, and and remember, how do.
Speaker 3: You use that?
Speaker 2: I know, and with your memory after a gap year, you look at the panel and go, fuck, what is all this? Now to riding the bike, I recognize don't know how to use it, and I'm very rarely used it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, what bikes or radio panels? Yeah? All right, we'll see you guys in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Talk to you very soon. Idiots.
Speaker 1: So yeah, fine?
Speaker 4: Is it just a podcast by a.
Speaker 2: Couple of minches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcastuff.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add refound secret segment on the end. We pretend the show is done, but it's not. We just have a little yap for a while, catch it up and planned here.
Speaker 1: God, it has been a fucking weekend.
Speaker 4: I can imagine.
Speaker 1: I notice we got over review. They're obviously waning because we're wrapping up, so people think why bother?
Speaker 2: Well, I disagree with that because if someone stumbled across our podcast and I think should I listen, I reckon the most recent review should be Yes, they're gone, but it's worth the beam. Yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening, yeah, well we got a new one top shelf from Chris sad. It's ending, but this podcast is one of the very best worth going back and listening to them all.
Speaker 2: Come on you what was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Hassel, I think he said Crease Joel Creesy's written. I wish you all every success for your careers and thanks for the podcast. It's been nice, different, unusual.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that.
Speaker 1: Love that, So please guys, come on give us a little review. Does it honestly helps a lot?
Speaker 2: Literally, as Oscar would say, please please please pay us my star.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I love that gorgeous original song.
Speaker 2: Sweet So I'm at the time of record. By the way, it is Seawan's birthday today, Happy birthday, Sean, Happy birthday, And I'm slightly furious because my plan was ruined. I had this slightly evil plan to make him almost question or worry that has Mitchell forgotten? Because I was going to say nothing all week, even on the before his birthday, say nothing and have him think has he forgotten? And then the plan was to get up extra early and be like, here are your presents. I'm all that haven't forgotten. But then the fucking florist that I organized to have flowers delivered on his birthday to his office, they delivered them a day early.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so it blew the surprise.
Speaker 2: Yes, because he sent me a photo be like I love them, thank you so much. And I was like, fuck, now we know that I clearly remembered the birthday. Yes, yes, yes, And the florists actually today they sent me this huge apology being like, we've just seen we caught the delivery day wrong. And I was like, you know what, a day early is better than a day late. I'll forgive you.
Speaker 1: So did Sean still appreciate the flowers? He still love them?
Speaker 2: Yes, he still did. But then also the night before his birthday, another surprise got ruined because I bought him tickets to see fuck what's it called? It's some play? At Belvoir Street Theater.
Speaker 4: That has august Osage County.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I've been in august I Sage County.
Speaker 2: Really at the reason that I got tickets to that, it's because it has Pamela Ray, the Chicken Plate, the freak on Wentworth. I got tickets like a Saturday matinee.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous, perfect for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know right, It's also quite a long shot, so I was like, you'll get the matinee. But the reason I got spoiled is because Sean mentioned something about his plans for Saturday afternoon, and I went what Because I was so confident, like what would he be doing on a Saturday afternoon because normally if he has plans, I'm involved, and I know we didn't have plans. I was like, what the fuck are you doing Saturday afternoon? He ruined the surprise because they had to tell him what I planned. And yes, he made himself available. But then I was like, your actual birthday is going to be shipped now. No flowers, no tickets. The only thing he got today was his present from Isabella, which was a bird bath.
Speaker 1: You got Sean a bird bath?
Speaker 2: Sorry, and got a very selfish gift give, but it was more for her. There were birds to.
Speaker 4: At least she did it on his birthday, thinking.
Speaker 1: I was to give your old apartment. You've got plenty of him for a bird barth.
Speaker 2: Now, in fact, it looks heavier. That thing is going to blow away.
Speaker 1: You think it's fake.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you a photo of his bird bath. Actually, I'm like, I need something sturdy because it gets windy on the bloody pent house balcony.
Speaker 1: And she pick it up? Where did she get it?
Speaker 2: She clicking collected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you have many birds on the balcony?
Speaker 2: Yeah's mental for them. She's never more alan.
Speaker 1: She loves to yep, doesn't she?
Speaker 2: It's n y E p T yep.
Speaker 1: What does Connie do? Does she me?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: She goes?
Speaker 1: Does she then mew? That's not classic?
Speaker 4: But lately she's been sneezing.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a bella.
Speaker 5: Do they really?
Speaker 4: Because I was here? Yeah, Like she woke me up last night because I heard.
Speaker 2: It's such a weird found the cat the cat sleeves here we go. Look does that not look heavy? Oh?
Speaker 1: That looks very It looks like it's made of like an intense metal.
Speaker 2: Not the case, and they sent tent pegs to hold it down, which I assume you would do it in a guard.
Speaker 1: I can't do that on a figure out a way to scroll down. Get some sticky What does the feet look like?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, yeah it does.
Speaker 1: So it's not metal. It's like plastic, is it?
Speaker 4: Oh that's so annoy It was metal.
Speaker 1: I think you could just get like a three M strip and sticky it stick to the ground.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that would be strong enough.
Speaker 1: I'll just get like a like a nice decorative heavy sandbag.
Speaker 2: Sand bag.
Speaker 1: I don't think they make them. It's my drag queen name was King in the stage decorative.
Speaker 2: Sandbag, Sandra Bag.
Speaker 1: Call me Sam Sandra Bag. Oh funny, Well, happy birthday, Seane. What are you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: We're just gonna grab a pub me or nothing fancy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cute. Yeah, you want to tell people? Oh did you say this on the podcast or is this one? We're being actual personal friends. Isabella on the leash.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't think I have.
Speaker 1: Oh, but your walks Isabella his cat on a leash, not red.
Speaker 2: But Sean had the day off work, which is rare, and he's like, I'm going to go for a quick walk. Do you want to come with me? And I said, yeah, oh, come, and then he goes, it's such a shame that Isabella can't just come for a walk with us, and I was like, hang the fuck on life bs before Sean, I did have to take her for walks because the vet said she was fucking.
Speaker 1: Overweight, she was porky. She s trimmed down, yes.
Speaker 2: Majorly, And so I was like, I'll get the leash. We'll take her with us in the prem, take her to the park and then let her out of the prem and see if she wants to wander through the trees and shit, maybe nipped some bird ye. And then as we're leaving the house, we've got a message in one of the group chat's been like who wants to wfb as in work from Bowlow And so I was like, fuck it, Sean, We're taking the cat to the Bowlow. Now they're going to get the shock of their lives. And it's a few of my friends down there working at the fucking bowling club. It's like in the beer garden with some drinks with their laptops and we just turn up with a fucking cat and pram hot pink leish. It's a big milestone. It's Abella's first BOWLO.
Speaker 1: Tripped by the look of that photo. She looks terrified.
Speaker 2: Didn't love it?
Speaker 1: Photo? Enjoy idiots Facebook, Bella, what about where it? Mitches? The other day signing mugs, which, by the way, is still available if you like to buy one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're coming towards the end of mug. Member, we're more than half way through.
Speaker 1: It looks so cute.
Speaker 2: Fact, well more than halfway.
Speaker 1: It's almost the end of Why do I think it was the fifteenth today?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with her?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, as almost the end of November. I mean, if you want to mar a couple of minches dot com dot but I said, I said, hi, Connie Isabella.
Speaker 2: You both went you idiot, and she looked at you like what a fool she did.
Speaker 1: She she's fat phobic though, because when I was really overweight, she was terrified.
Speaker 4: Because you called her fat.
Speaker 1: Well, it could bond over that it was we could connect. She knew and I knew.
Speaker 2: You know, did you also lose the weight by being kept on a leash?
Speaker 1: Only that one time?
Speaker 2: Anyway, That's that's what's been happening. In my week. And that's what's been happening in your week, Jenna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing much, really hanging with Connie. Connie has been sneezing. I called the vet yesterday and asked, what's the problem. They said, don't worry, she's been eating, which she has. So yeah, that's been my week.
Speaker 1: How much does it cost to have a telehealth with a Vetinarian?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't pay.
Speaker 1: Oh you're free.
Speaker 2: Wait did you not go to the actual vet? It was the telehealth?
Speaker 3: No, it was just a phone call to the receptionist who then asked the vet, right, because I can't make my way to the vet because I don't never car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get the pram. Fucking took Isabella to the vet in the prem the other day. I wasn't even there. What a big stepfather daughter of a bonding moment.
Speaker 4: So I love that.
Speaker 1: Mortifying.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. They sent me a quote for the fucking dental work she needs done. Oh no, she needs a couple grand they said, at least eight hundred, at most one and three hundred, depending on how fucked they are.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: And they yeah, if we don't intervene now, and we let the teeth get worse, she'll go off her food. And I was like, well, you're also telling me she's overweight, so which one is it? Which one you want?
Speaker 1: I feel like veterinarians just make up issues and they got to stay in a job somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mechanics, because I don't know any better say to me or actually, bro, I know you only need one new tire, but you actually need three new ties. These ones aren't roadworthy. I can't be like, yeah they are, I don't know what roadworthy times stress, you have to trust them.
Speaker 3: Luckily, I called the event like half an hour before they closed, so I don't think they wanted me to come.
Speaker 1: So they were like, she's fine, cat tail fust crush it up for you.
Speaker 4: There's a hack and.
Speaker 1: That's actually smart.
Speaker 2: Sorry you go no.
Speaker 1: I was just same with the Cole's Delhi when you're like, what's what's the best and they're like, this one could be fucking anything. I don't even know. They're a twelve year old. I've got no clue at the best deli meat.
Speaker 5: Is, you know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hacks, I tried your hack twice a couple of weeks ago because when I had to get my tires replaced in the car. I had like three hours to kill it Broadway Shopping Center and I'm going to get me a bootstuice and I remember what you fucking told me, which is if you order a medium, they'll end up making too much and then be like, oh, we'll just.
Speaker 1: Give you a large.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, didn't did not fuck They've.
Speaker 1: Cottoned onto it. Jeanine Ellis has been listening to it to yourself. I should have. You've got to really take advantage of the young staff. So if you've got like one of those girls in a bandanna who clearly plays netball and you know he's almost done with a sert for it Tafe, She's not going to give you any extra. But the new Hirey, beautiful blonde Lucy, she'll accidentally make too much.
Speaker 3: After the smash Room, I went to McDonald's because I felt like one of their slurpy things, the slushy thing. They accidentally did a large instead of a small.
Speaker 2: So I got that. Yeah, how good?
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just out No, I just checked my I got a notification and by the time that I looked up, you both stopped talking and it was clearly my point to speak, and I had nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, we hope this podcast two percent better today. That's all so sweet. Oh my god, there's no an need to stay.
Speaker 1: You know how many people said to me, I hope you feel percent better this week.
Speaker 2: That's sick.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet, It was really nice.
Speaker 2: I still haven't decided what I'm going to say in the final episode. I can't just say two like it's any odd episode.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: The fucking is honestly anyway by.
Speaker 1: A so in a couple of days, Pat.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of meters.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.