Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut. I'm Laura, I'm Brittany, and this is our Saturday radio show. Every Saturday, we bundle up the very best bits and we bring it to you right here in a sweet little warsl best bits. I don't know if this is the best bit, but we do speak about.
Speaker 1: I moved into your house, Laura, and you like you sold it to me right you moved out. You moved into a bigger and better place, basically room for the kids with a.
Speaker 2: Yard run around.
Speaker 1: And I moved into your house because I had my dog, Delilah, and I needed some space. What you didn't tell me was you have the neighbor from hell. And now it is too late for me. I'm locked and loaded into my lease and she's causing she's causing me some proper havoc. I hope she doesn't listen to this.
Speaker 2: Actually maybe no. Everybody who listens to the podcast knows about this neighbor. I used to tell you all how she used to hose down my washing constantly. And I'm very glad that I don't have to deal with her anymore. But I have so much sympathy for you, brit because if you haven't lived this neighbor, like, if you haven't lived this experience, you wouldn't believe how bad she is. Okay, I almost want a doctor, but I won't.
Speaker 1: You told me she hosed your washing, well, Mitch chu, and I can confirm that has escalated.
Speaker 2: Let me just say that, Yeah, she hosed a human. I was there. I know I was also part of it.
Speaker 1: She also hosed the Chris Mitch brought me because croissant when I was seeing a range jew a COVID croissant and a green juice. Not only did she hose Mitch down, but the croissant got caught in the fire and I didn't get the croissant.
Speaker 3: But I had words with her. Remember like she mumbled something under her breath. Maybe she put a spell on me.
Speaker 2: I think she told you to stop talking. Please, No one can stop me from talking.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I also had something very unfortunate happened to me this week. I sent a text that I shouldn't sent to my cleaner. Yeah, and we'll just leave.
Speaker 4: It at that. You've really made a mess of it.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that she'll ever be my cleaner again. If it makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: We know I've sent the wrong text for some one one hundred times, so let's hope that you came out on the other side.
Speaker 2: But we have so much more than that coming up. Let's get into the show.
Speaker 3: It's a Life on Cut radio show around Australia. Brittany Hockily and Laura Burn. It's wedding season, guys, lots of weddings.
Speaker 4: Yours are sooner. Laura, you just have one, Bri.
Speaker 2: I did not. We've got something.
Speaker 1: I had a wedding. I went to two weddings. But I'm so far from getting married.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. I know. We keep talking about it, and we probably will keep talking about it until it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mine is four weeks away and we're so unorganized and I don't know. I think I think I won't get that excited until it's the day. Is that a really bad thing to say? No, don't tell Matt. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think it's because it's so much of a I can only imagine it's much of a build up and so much stress that I don't think you can get excited until it's there.
Speaker 3: Some stress in juice in your life, Laura, because you've accidentally you've sent an embarrassing DM or tech.
Speaker 2: It wasn't embarrassing, it's chruy, Okay, I was just these guys in the break. So it's got nothing to do with weddings. It's got to do with my cleaner, is what happened? Okay, my cleaner. We have a beautiful cleaner. Her name is Paula.
Speaker 4: We love Paula good.
Speaker 2: She is divine and Paula comes in and she cleans until that house is so sparkly. It never looks like that, but she's amazing. But anyway, Paula's got away been on holidays for the last oh maybe seven weeks. She went back to Columbia to see her family, and she left me with no cleaner and two kids and no time. So we found a new cleaner just to fill in while Paula's gone. We found him. What's the what's the site? Yes, it was okay. BRIT's like loves an air taskar, so she got me onto air Tasker. I found a cleaner and air tasker amazing reviews. We booked her in. She came the other day and we didn't meet her. This was a very ballsy thing. But I just left a key out, so never met the cleaner. And that is wild off air task it is, isn't it. I know people that have been robbed off Air Tasker. I think that is wild. I just I'm very trusting. This is a wild as you saying it's okay to marry your cousin last week.
Speaker 4: I'm still not like every one.
Speaker 2: I'll never be over that everywhere to say it's okay to marry your cousin. I said it's legal at.
Speaker 4: The wedding in a couple of weeks. Let's just keep an eye on the family table.
Speaker 2: I might do a DNA test, pluck some of those hands out. Wait, wait, my cleaner story. Let's get back on track. Everyone, all right, So I left the gey out the Air Tasker. Cleaner came, at least I think she came, she said, she came, and she said, please, you know, release the funds, because I came and cleaned the house. And I got home and it looked like some things had been moved around, but not really cleaned very well right like it was. I mean, it was like like a fifty percent job, nothing like what Paula can do. Let me tell you that. So I send Matt a text message which was like, quite angry your partner that, yeah, yeah, my partner, Matt. I send him a text message the very first thing I do, like walk in, I'm like, okay, I can't believe that wasn't done, can't believe for how much it cost. I feel very very angry by this. So I sent Matt quite a angry message about the cleaner, and I was like, the house looks like a piece of shit. It couldn't possibly look worse. It looks like she's done nothing. What are we paying her for? And I sent the text message. Didn't hear back from back for a little while, but I get this text message back about fifteen minutes later, and it just said, I'm sorry you're so disappointed with the service. Can you send us to cleaner? I sent the text message to my air task cleaner. Well least she got it the message around and clear. Well yes, what did she say? Just that? But you still want me to pay off? Didn't give me a discount? Did you ride back again?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Not yet?
Speaker 2: You have left her on red. Did you pay her?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why you don't sound her confidently? I know I did pay I'm going to pay her out of guilt.
Speaker 4: She took you jewelry, Yeah, she's like, jokes on you. I took your kettle.
Speaker 2: I paid her out of the kig. My actual tactic was that I was going to ask for a bit of a discount, and I don't think I can after I just insult her and swore out of everyone. She's not giving it back. Okay, I did it out of guilt and pity.
Speaker 4: We've all had an experience like this.
Speaker 3: When did you accidentally send a text to the person The message was about give us a call, and I don't think you can top that.
Speaker 2: I feel some people have probably done it in their relationships.
Speaker 1: Which it all the time, really, yeah, all the time, think about many things at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can never run saying you're thinking about the person and then you send it to the person. That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's get some horror stories.
Speaker 3: Call us thirteen about six five talking a wrong text, wrong person, wrong time.
Speaker 4: We've all done it.
Speaker 3: You will sent a text which is meant to be about the person that sent it to that person.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you know what I once did? I mean, we all know about the cleaner story, But I once an ex. Well, it wasn't next my friend at the time, Steve was his name.
Speaker 4: That sounds so fake.
Speaker 2: It was really his next, Steve Glass. We were best friends, and he sent me a text message and said, hey, I have feelings for you. Would it be okay maybe if we go on a date or something. And I sent a text message to my girlfriend that said Steve just asked me on a date, as if I would ever date him, And I sent it back to Steve. Oh I did the opposite.
Speaker 1: I got asked out by a really hot guy, like a really really beautiful guy, and I took a screenshot of the conversation to send to my friends.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I sent it back to him. I sent the screech of nothing more lame is there? When you're just like you got to just admit it because you can't get out of it.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is it, but like, let's let's hear I don't know. Surely someone out there can make me feel a little bit better about it.
Speaker 3: Maria in Brunswick. I'm thirteen one, I sixty five. Hello, who did you take?
Speaker 6: Guys? Harry going good?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: So I sent a snap to the person I was talking about on Snapchat. Basically We're going to a Coldplay concert. And it was kind of like someone that I was somewhat seeing at the time. We had waited in the line all day and then we got there and they were like, oh, I want to stand at the back, and I was like really pissed off at the whole situation. The next day, I'm having a mad rant about it, like I can't believe we waited this whole time waiting for this concert, Coldplay, favorite band. We're at the back, mad mad rant, And I've.
Speaker 6: Sent it directly to them, sending it to all my friends.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 7: I was like, like an unfriend kind of situation.
Speaker 2: It was an unfriend situation.
Speaker 4: Very diplomatic from Maria too.
Speaker 3: It was no unfriendly conscious act coupling, all right, Kate Who did you message Kate?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hi, Yes, so I messaged my boss instead of my boyfriend one day when I was job hunting.
Speaker 9: Oh so yeah.
Speaker 8: I sent them the link to the seakad and basically said this looks way better. I'm definitely applying. And my boss wrote back saying, what's the.
Speaker 2: Oh what happened?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: What was the end result? You still worked?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 8: No, the relationship went down hill pretty quick. It wasn't a really great hence I was looking. But my boss and my boyfriend had the same name, start was the same initial, so it was very easily done.
Speaker 6: I should have been more careful.
Speaker 2: There was another conscious un coupling goodness with me.
Speaker 3: Thanks Kate, Hannah wrap it up for us. Who did you accidentally text?
Speaker 1: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm mortified even talking you about this, but we love it. I was sending a message to my boyfriend and I was just a full sexy my lingerie and I send it to my dad.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what level of laundree?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: There's like a one or two and a three, Like there's the seage read there's like where the nipples pop through?
Speaker 2: Was it a photo?
Speaker 6: It was a photo? Look? It was it was pretty reveally.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait wait, wait, how did you accidentally send it to your dad? Because you were thinking of your dad at the time, Like, how did the dad come into the picture?
Speaker 6: They've got very similar names. So well, my boyfriend's same day and there was dad, And I only just messaged my dad that day anyway, so I was sort of just and it was in the heat of the moment.
Speaker 2: And what did your dad say? What'd your dad say back? Was he just like dig eight?
Speaker 6: He just avoided it? Really, we both used that awkward but that did not happen because like he said nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, forget Dad, I wasn't thinking of you.
Speaker 4: I swear bonding experience. All right, we've got to ask Guncut. Next. We get a listener's qualm on and we answered the best as we can.
Speaker 2: It's completely unqualified enthusiastic that way.
Speaker 4: I really shot at that.
Speaker 8: Ask Uncut.
Speaker 2: So ask gun Cut is an episode we do on the podcast every week. It is where you write in you're deep, you're dark, you're burning questions and we do our absolute best to answer them. Now, we received one this week and it was a very long ask gun Cut, So I'm going to summarize it but basically the woman who wrote in she is a FI faux worker. Now, she said she works in flying, So she works in the mines basically, but she said it's a very male dominated industry that she works in. And she has recently fallen in love with a guy who she works with in the mines. Now they've taken their relationship a little bit more public, but he's been keeping things kind of on the DL. And it turns out the reason that he's been keeping on the DL is because he's going through a messy divorce. At the moment, they're not separated, apparently they're still living with each other and he's working through it. Now she's already I know, I can see everyone's faces. She's already invested in him, and she wants to know. Does she wait and wait for him to work it out with his wife as in like go through the divorce proceedings, or is this just a big cover up and he's actually still happily married and she's a side piece.
Speaker 1: Look, historically speaking, I'm going to say he's probably still married and he's pulling the wool over her eyes. That's where I mean, like, that's where I want to go straight away.
Speaker 2: You know, that was the first thing that I thought. I was like, if you think that maybe they're still happily married, they're probably still happily now.
Speaker 1: You know why I say that is because it's not like this was brought up at the beginning when they started dating.
Speaker 2: She's only just found this out.
Speaker 1: If you really were going through a divorce and it was taking this time, you'd say that when you met someone and started.
Speaker 2: Dating, yes, not just like it's obviously that.
Speaker 1: She's discovered something or something's come out and he said, oh, yes, yes, you know, we're together, but it's not good. It's like where we are separating, I'm calling bullshit.
Speaker 2: I feel like when people can say, oh, oh, it's just it's really hard, we're trying to work through stuff, like they always are going to overinflate it to the person that they're cheating with. Right they're away, was going to say, oh, my relationship, it's been really difficult. I bet if you asked his wife if they're in a difficult phase, she might have a different feeling about their relationships. She might have no idea that they're having hard times. It's difficult because we're for a child. Maybe that's it like they're probably in very difficult.
Speaker 4: So it's probably difficult because he's FIFO. That is a tough life to live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is, isn't it? Advice in this situation, I think unless you can be absolutely sure, like one hundred percent sure that they are separated, they are going through the divorce proceedings, he's moved out, they're not still living together, then I think I would cut my losses and make some separation from this situation. Yeah, I agree you, I mean I agree to.
Speaker 1: I'd be tapping out. And there's plenty of fish in the sea. There's plenty of stones in the mine.
Speaker 2: Is that something? Capacity of males out in those mines? Find someone else.
Speaker 3: Get slide into the DM's Life Uncut podcast and we'll get you on the show. If you've got some question that needs answering or a conundrum, we'll do our best.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 4: Joining us on the way today is Rob Mills, Millsie. He's got a new book out and he's a good egg Millsy.
Speaker 2: We love Mills. He's talking all about his experiences with masculinity. Just one of these overachievers. He sings, he dances, he acts theater. He's handsome. He's written a book.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's a reason we love him because he's absolutely Brilliant's been.
Speaker 3: A lot of wedding talk on this show. Brittany, your sister got married. She had two weddings.
Speaker 1: It's wedding season, isn't it. But I don't think that means you have to have two. But yes, my sister had two weddings. Lawyas getting married soon or I've got a lot of friends getting engaged in married.
Speaker 2: It's really the time for a single people to feel it warmer. That's why everyone wants a warm weddings, so they do it at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the year. We need some winter weddings, guys. Spread it out because I wone go get married in the snow.
Speaker 2: I'm worried it's going to rain. Bluddy Lannina, good luck. No, I don't believe that it is good luck.
Speaker 3: Well listen, this Australian ex girlfriend has sparked some wedding chat online. She's selling her wedding ring and it's caused a wild debate on the internet.
Speaker 2: Somebody is trying to howk that Tiffany's ring like they're trying to hok it on Facebook, Marketplace it's nice.
Speaker 4: It's a big rock.
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that? Okay, it's a one carrot ring. It's quite beautiful. It's set in platinum. It's valued at twenty three thousand dollars, and she's.
Speaker 4: A fair price Laury. You'd know who Tony Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, that seems a bit steep, but it is Tiffany, so they always put things up a bit. Okay, twenty three thousand dollars and she's selling it for eighteen thousand, five hundred and this is which he's written bargain compared to current Tiffany pricings of one carrot rings at twenty three thousand, six hundred dollars. I am letting go of this beauty at eighteen five hundred dollars. The condition is close to brand new, never worn much. Sorry, no receipt as I obviously didn't buy it for myself, being transfers only. Now this has sparked a huge debate between whether it is actually okay as a woman to sell an engagement ring when the wedding has been called off.
Speaker 1: I mean it depends because if he has done the dirty and if he's cheating, well then yes I would be going and selling that ring, I'd be adding some mayo, I'd be adding some inflation. But if she has cheated, then no, I think that she needs to leave the ring with him.
Speaker 3: Look, I think this is a case. Really at the end of the day, no one else can bust this. But other than Laura Burne, let's do law's laws.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So we did do a little bit of a research into this, and assuming that it was a traditional engagement, the laws are, if a woman who has received a ring in contemplation of marriage refuse to fulfill the condition of the gift, she must return the ring. So basically, if she oh yeah, I like that? Did that turn anyone else on? So basically, if you change your mind, you have to return the ring. It is no longer your property. The second law is if a man refuses to carry out his promise of marriage without legal justification, he cannot demand the ring in return. So if he's the one who decides that he doesn't want to get married, he can't ask for it back. But there's nothing about cheating in this. I feel like it's a diplomatic way of saying cheating, right, No, because I think that that's debatable. What if you cheated, but you still wanted the marriage to go forward, then you don't like that. Those rules don't apply.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So if he cheated but he still wants to get married, and he's not the one to call off the wedding, then she technically can't keep the ring, is how it would be interpreted. Is cheating not legal justification?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is that not against legal justification? You need a lawyer, you know, a real lawyer.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I just good point.
Speaker 2: You just love it, you just love the sound of Well. No, because I think ultimately, cheating is a moral thing. It's not a legal thing. You can legally cheat on someone. Trust me, I wish my ex would go to prison. You can cheat on someone and it's not a legal thing. So I think unfortunately, when it comes to actual money and which is an engagement ring, just because someone's cheated, that's not enough of a basis to say that that then passes the ownership of that ring.
Speaker 1: On producer miss here for next week, Dragon, we could get a divorce later on the radio show Jack, we could ask some hard questions.
Speaker 2: We absolutely can. Okay, I've got some questions here for some scenarios that I think we need to ask a divorce law Britney Hockley doesn't believe laws laws. I did the due diligence and still not good enough.
Speaker 1: I'd like to have some curiosity, that's all. I'd like to see where you got your RW degree from laws Laws.
Speaker 2: It's from cis.
Speaker 4: Actually the case closed for now. You might pick back up next week.
Speaker 3: Joining us now, guys, Rob Mills, actor, singer, Broadway star. He's now an author to his brand new book, Putting on a Show manhood Mates and Mental Health.
Speaker 4: It's a good read. It's available everywhere.
Speaker 11: Hello Mills, e guys, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Rather, how has it been since launching the book this week?
Speaker 4: Really good?
Speaker 11: Actually, really great response, some really good reviews, Like people have already read it within the week, which is for me, I'm like a two or three week before I can actually finish a book. So some people have actually picked it up and written reviews about it already.
Speaker 2: So do you sound surprised by.
Speaker 11: That about people reading books?
Speaker 4: You're like, well, a lot of.
Speaker 2: People have actually left me a review and read it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like you came on the podcast recently. We absolutely love you. The book is absolutely incredible. I don't think you should be shook that people are loving it. I mean, for me, I take about a year to read a book. In all honesty, I'm it's like I drink I read a book like I drink my coffee, like very very slow in the state of a coffee after a year.
Speaker 11: No, I think it's Yeah, I'm wrapped, and I'm hoping the response. It's one of those sort of word of mouth kind of things because I know most my audiences mainly women, but the book is definitely for so maybe women will give it to their partners. But yeah, I'm just wrapped that it's out and that people can get some tips and tricks or just you know, a bit more about myself, but also about the state of the world, of the manly world that we're in or the less manly world that we're in.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of the manly world that we're in, you are a theater loving and forty loving man, and those two things don't usually sit together, or we don't expect them to sit together.
Speaker 10: For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they should exactly. You speak about this in your book and also in some of the discussions we've had. How do you think masculinity is changing look along with a lot.
Speaker 11: Of things, we're sort of getting moving away from stereotypes and things are becoming more fluid. We're happier to sit in the gray area. I imagine a lot of mass media and probably social media is trying to put everything to be black and white.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: This is like just really curious for myself. We met you quite a long time ago. We won't put a number on it on Australian idol. So you're obviously first and foremost you are a singer, but you have done a lot of acting. You actually one best actor I don't know if it was in the UK Australia, but it was for Neighbors. You've done a lot of other acting. You're in Wicked next year, which is a theater production.
Speaker 11: I just launched Wicked, but I'm not doing Wicked.
Speaker 10: I am.
Speaker 11: An ambassador or for Wicked the show itself, as an original company member. They asked myself and Lustie to your act to launch the show.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get you a job on there. Then sorry, it.
Speaker 11: May or may not be doing another show next year, which I can't talk about, okay.
Speaker 2: So obviously we'll get you back next year to launch that show.
Speaker 10: But no.
Speaker 1: But my question is, because you started as a singer on a reality show, but you've done all these acting and you won these actor in awards. Did that just happen organically or did you go to an acting school and do that and just we didn't hear about it.
Speaker 11: I did drama and year nine and y ten, and then I changed schools to go and do drama and you eleven and twelve. But I dropped out at the end of year eleven because I was too scared to do it in front of people. I didn't think I was any good. But years later I picked it back up by falling in love with musical feed outro.
Speaker 2: It has been almost has it been twenty years now?
Speaker 4: As you were on Idol?
Speaker 2: I mean I literally just said I was gonna put I might happy to just throw it out it. But because like that is a long time and a lot has changed in the reality TV world, would you ever do another reality TV show?
Speaker 11: I think I've done them all. I think I'm all out. I think I've clocked it. I think I've clocked the game of reality TV. But I go in to try and be a pop star on a reality show. No, whould I like to go on a show that challenges me and something in going to show that I think I can learn something from from other people.
Speaker 2: Yes, we can't wait to see you on Survivor. Then yeah, that's confirmed.
Speaker 11: No, nobody needs to see me angry.
Speaker 3: Hey Milsey, we've got a bunch of headlines we've collated than the girls have a pile of headlines written about you. It's a game we play on the show. Are called headlines, so some are real, some are fake. It's your job to debunk them. You're good to stick around and we'll quiz you out.
Speaker 11: Love it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: Rob Mills is here.
Speaker 3: His brand new book, Putting on a Show manhood Mates and Mental Health is available now and he's going to debunk some of the headlines that.
Speaker 4: Have been written about him. It's a show staple, right, ladies.
Speaker 2: Headlines is your opportunity to tell us exactly the true story of what lies beneath. Whether it's a headline or a headline, let's.
Speaker 4: Play head lies.
Speaker 2: Rob Mills turns down offer to host the new series of Australian Idol.
Speaker 11: Oh that's really good. I wish it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Here's a headline. Now, if you had been offered the job, would you have done it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean I love I love doing workshops for kids across the country, in musical theater workshops and performance workshops. So yeah, it's right up, my Aley and I also got to host The Young Talent Time a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Greedy is coming for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, I love Tweety. I'm so rapp that he got the Job's so wrapped.
Speaker 1: You too, You're too diplomatic, okay, go star. Rob Mills reveals how I got my swazy body.
Speaker 11: Well, that sounds that sounds that sounds like a truth. That was really hard of it.
Speaker 4: That's real, that was true.
Speaker 2: What did you do to get get a body like that?
Speaker 11: Lots of training? Looks a good eating. Yeah, I would just say it's the old thing. It's sirventy percent training.
Speaker 4: The other answer as.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the old happens in a kitchen kind of thing, isn't.
Speaker 8: It in the kitchen?
Speaker 11: All right, I've got another like a beer.
Speaker 2: Okay. Rob Mills and Georgie Tunney have monthly relationship check ins.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 2: God, these are all true. How does this help? What is a relationship check in each month.
Speaker 11: Usually it's like a drive in the car or a long wall and it's just kind of what it'll be done. Well, that sounds very corporatey, doesn't it When I say.
Speaker 1: It like that?
Speaker 2: We sit downe for a board meeting once a month.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, we got a whiteboard, we go through the pros and yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, we got one more Rob and this is a goody. I hope to God that this one's real.
Speaker 1: Rob Mills strips down to g sturing at Clavelli Beach in Sydney after announcing his engagement because he now has a swazy body.
Speaker 11: It does sound like, mate, don't.
Speaker 2: Oh damn it. I was hoping there'd be some pat pictures to go along with that headline.
Speaker 3: All right, Mills is new book, putting on a show manhood Mates and Mental Health is available now you can grab it, have a good read, get it out there, guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, MILSI great to have you on the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks ry supporting mental health months as well.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it, are you?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Alleged It's a Life Uncut Radio show. Brittany Hockley and Laura Ben Saturday Morning. Laura Burn just nods her head y, it is it is it is us.
Speaker 2: It's because you pause and it's the life uncut radio was do you forget it? Because he's like, is it the podcast? Is it a live show? Is it the radio show?
Speaker 1: Book?
Speaker 2: We do everything together? You do and all our time together?
Speaker 4: Now what's going on? Britt actually speaking of doing things together? This is so funny.
Speaker 3: Brittany now lives in Laura's old house. Your rental was up, and BRIT's like, I'll take it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just can't get enough. I think it was more that it came out of convenience. Earlier this year, I moved to a house in Bronti and my two bedroom apartment that I was living in in Bondi was bacont and we thought it would an easy trade because britt has a dog. I had a dog that that apartment has a great outdoor area. So she just moved in and I moved out. So there's this lady. This is the problem, right, this is the problem. Having the house great.
Speaker 1: There's a lady that lives upstairs and she's a bit no I want to say crazy, but she's got some problems.
Speaker 2: Now she's the worst part of that apartment. She's an older lady. She sits outside all day.
Speaker 1: And what she used to do to Laura a few times was when you would be outside putting your washing out right, you'd put on the balcony. She would know it's there, and she would purposely pretend she's water in her balcony, so that water would go over her balcony above us and onto Laura's balcony.
Speaker 2: So she did it a few times, and I caught her doing it. So she would go out. She would look over the balcony, because you can sit out there. That's where outdoor patios the furniture stuff is. She would look over the balcony, she would see my washing, and then she would start hosing down her balcony, so all the possum, poo and everything would start floating off and just trickle down onto my clothes.
Speaker 3: It happened to me too, when you had a co I dropped you a croissant and was trying to help my sick friend, and she was hosing me down.
Speaker 1: She woked, so she watered Mitch Churry right mit, wait for it, Mitch Churry was on the other side of the balcony giving me a COVID croissant.
Speaker 2: And she knows in the day she comes out, she started to water Mitch. Then Mitch get this.
Speaker 1: A couple of days ago, Laura and produce a Keisha of our podcast was We're having a meeting at my house and I was walking them out. So we're all standing outside at the end of the balcony and we were saying our goodbyes as I'll see them out the gate, the three of us.
Speaker 2: Ten thirty in the morning, broad daylight.
Speaker 1: She walks out with her hose and hoses all three of us down outside.
Speaker 2: We were so we were standing.
Speaker 4: There close to the eye.
Speaker 2: But it's truly comical, like it's like we're out there chatting, so she can obviously hear that we're outside. You hear the glass doors open because she's only on the balcony directly above. You hear the glass doors go and the slide. And then she turns the hose on and just walks over to the side and starts hosing us.
Speaker 1: She literally hosts us down, and you're like, you literally say an excuse, excuse me, like Dona, we're here, and then you just hear it.
Speaker 2: Turn the pressure up more. She does, spraying hard.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's do a community service call out. If you've got a bad neighbor and you want to get it off your chest, we'll open the lines and you can vent to us because we know what it's like.
Speaker 2: Well, if you have a worse neighbor than that, she also put a combine. That's another story.
Speaker 4: She's doing a lot of to talk to the therapists.
Speaker 3: Right, will take your calls now, thirteen one oh sixty five. What's your beef with your neighbor? Talking neighbors from hell or like above neighbors. That's still a neighbor, right, it's your above floor neighbor.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I like, one of the walls has to be touching.
Speaker 1: So my ceiling is her floor, and my balcony is underneath her balcony, and she waters me daily like she's watering the plants.
Speaker 2: I don't even think. I mean, we have multiple neighbors in the apartment block next door. I like some of them. I don't like some of them. I think if they're in a close enough vicinity to you to where you live, and they impact you in any way, they're your neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yep, so brit has them. It's been your neighbor. I've had neighbors from hell. I think it's an Australian universal experience. So thirteen one oh six y five, get off your chest. We've got Maddie. Hi, tell us about your neighbor from hell.
Speaker 8: Hallo.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, I'm starstruck at the moment.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, keep going, you more more more more.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 5: Me and my husband got home one day and our neighbor had chain sawed our tree down from our front yard. She had pulled up all of our garden and had actually gone into our backyard and re arranged all of our furniture.
Speaker 2: What do you think she's at the wrong house? Why did she come into your backyard? The front kind?
Speaker 5: She was crazy from the day we moved in, always doing all sorts of things. But this was our final straw and we contacted the real estate. We were like, we have just had enough, so we moved.
Speaker 11: It was great.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's breaking into That's what I said.
Speaker 5: I was like, she's literally come onto our property, into our backyard as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, you think she's been watching too many renovation design shows?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to I'm thirteen six five Ocean. Hey, what's your neighbour story?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: Hi, I was at your live show last week and I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much, Thank you massive OGFIM, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We're so glad you had fun. We're still buzzing from it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it might be when my neighbor is I lived on the Central Coast in like suburbia, and they won't let us park the car in front of their house, like on the street, and my sister like slept over one night and had her car park in front of their house, and we woke up in the morning and they reversed their car deliberately, like millimeters from the front of her car, and then left the note don't park in front of our house, park across the street, Like totally ridiculous.
Speaker 4: What my Mum's this person?
Speaker 3: My mind, My mind sits out the front of her house, peers through the Venetian blinds and would bark like a dog if anyone parks out in the front.
Speaker 2: Of her house. No, do you know what, You don't own the street.
Speaker 4: I know, but people get very territorial of their parking spot.
Speaker 2: No, because I think when things like this happen, it makes me think, God, your will must be so little to be so angry about something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, sure it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, sorry missus Cherry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, she loves you guys, so I shall be really cut to hear that.
Speaker 3: No, I kind of get that, but that is very annoying when you've got a neighbor who's leaving your notes. All right, let's go over Ellen. I'm thirteen one, I six ' five wrap it up for us. Ellen, your neighbor from hell?
Speaker 4: What are they doing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: Actually, where the neighbor from hell?
Speaker 2: We had a confession.
Speaker 6: So our dog he dug under the.
Speaker 9: Fence and our neighbors had a whole coop of chickens, so he ate one of their chickens. And then we felt so awful about it, so we baked them a cake, We sent them money, we took them flowers.
Speaker 6: We felt awful.
Speaker 10: And then that night we're going to knock on our front door and they come back with a tray of spring rolls, which they always make like delicious food, and they use a lot of their own produce. But as we were eating the spring rolls, we realized the spring rolls were these of chickens.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, they gave you the dead chickens in spring roll is that what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Yes, we put two and two together and there was their chicken was inside these spring rolls.
Speaker 2: From hell. That is you guys are even now you can start fresh.
Speaker 10: As we were trying to work out, like is this revenge or what.
Speaker 3: Is the dog in your bed for the time being, Ellen, I think that's probably for the safety of the animal.
Speaker 2: Goodness made closer. Yeah, don't take food from your neighbors.
Speaker 4: Goodness may all right, that is us for the day. We're done, ladies. What's on the pod?
Speaker 2: Okay, we have an awesome episode coming up on the podcast this week. It is such a saucy, sexy, wild little episode. So we're interviewing a woman named Jess and she is the owner of a sex club in Sydney. It is called Our Secret Spot, and it is it's not even underground. It's just literally a sex club that runs from a Thursday through to a Saturday. You can buy a ticket and you can go and have a real wild time.
Speaker 1: And we find out all about it, and you guys aren't going to find out about this, but what's wild is off air. She told us that there's a couple a listers that have been going there but I mean, we're not going to spoil that, we're not going to tell that she's made a sign of an NBA. But but it was absolutely wild and I'm thinking that maybe we need to do some team bonding at.
Speaker 2: The want to go to the EPIS Club? What do you guys? Reckon? Would you go?
Speaker 4: I have a Christmas party there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's have a Christmas in the orgy room.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, bring the scene presents, secret Santa.
Speaker 2: That is it from us? Guys. Please don't beget to tell you mum, te dad, tey dog tea. Friends and share the love because
Speaker 4: We see when week