Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Friday afternoon. We're here.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: We made it at the end of the week.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'm a bit sniffy, guys. I watched The Whale last night.
Speaker 2: I saw it on stand. It's on stand now.
Speaker 5: I wasn't expecting, like I need to watch something, so I went understand and then The Whale popped up and I was like, you know what, I'm going to do?
Speaker 4: It it is. I walked out of the cinema in tears after I watch that. It is so beautiful. I mean, it's really sad, but it's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: I haven't actually seen it because.
Speaker 4: You're crying this weekend.
Speaker 1: I thought that was too sad from what everyone kept saying was so sad, and I just haven't been in the sad mood yet.
Speaker 5: It is sad, but you know, you're an actor and you watch Brendan Fraser and as.
Speaker 2: Am I and he's so good.
Speaker 5: You won the Oscar for it, and it was so well deserved. So is Sadie Sink from Stranger Things. But Sadie think in this is so good, that acting is great. And then it just took me by surprise that it was on stand. I watched it the whole thing, then went to bed like one.
Speaker 2: I am well.
Speaker 4: I also think if you're a parent and you watch this show, it just makes you. I mean, it's good for anyone who has young kids. You really kind of had these moments where you're like, cherish my relationship with my children because it's all around him trying to reconnect with his daughter, and it's just like you, you can't help but feel so sorry for him. I'm with cry again, get your chocolate.
Speaker 2: And he's a big boy, and he's a gay man. It's really sad.
Speaker 3: I'm sad thinking I don't even now.
Speaker 4: Guys on the up now. I mean, we've got a big show. You've got a bone to pick with Mitch. What happened?
Speaker 3: Jim straight? I do back off, my boyfriend.
Speaker 5: I know exactly what you're going to bring up, and you sure you're going to if you want to bring it on the air, that's your prior.
Speaker 3: Bring it. Oh it's bitten Burrott.
Speaker 2: All right, bring it.
Speaker 5: You're on the pick up, Britt, Laura and Mitch, thanks for being here right now. Rushing to Chemists Warehouse to get half price off the so Novas vitamin and it excludes bulk sizes, chemist warehouse great prices every day.
Speaker 3: Oh I got a big bone to pick with one of you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what have I done.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a hint. It's not Laura the book.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a process of elimination? There, I'm guessing it's me.
Speaker 3: I just feel like you're ruining my relationship. Oh that's it's very hard.
Speaker 2: She wanted to get talked to a therapists. Perhaps.
Speaker 3: No, so Ben's here, My partner.
Speaker 1: Ben is here from overseas and is here for such a short time, and last night very no, I live alone, so just Ben to night.
Speaker 3: Last night, I'm on the lounge.
Speaker 1: Ben disappears for a while. Twenty minutes goes past, and I hear none other than Mitch Mitch True and in my bedroom. And I'm like, Mitch is in my bedroom. And I was like, but Ben's in my bedroom. And I was like, hang on a minute.
Speaker 4: They're just cuddling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just snuggling.
Speaker 5: I'm newly single, so you know, no.
Speaker 1: And it was I creep in there, and Ben's sitting there like twirling his hairs like he's back in high school. Mitch and Ben are just voice messaging each other non stop, like this obsession with each other.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait, this is what Mitch does. This is exactly what Mitch did when we became friends, and then he became friends with Matt and then I would walk into the room and they would just be on the phone to each other. And I'm like, Mitch, you haven't replied to my message. Why are you speaking to my husband?
Speaker 2: Don't you bring this to me. I'm not the other woman.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 5: Your men. Check your men, because they come flying to me. They do know, Yeah, you check the receipts. I don't reach out first. Matty, Jay and Benjamin all come crawling.
Speaker 1: Are you saying that this is not one sided? Are you saying that ben is matching your love and obsession.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to get my d MS from Ben open on Instagram. The last message Ben sent to me was Mitchie, what's your number? What's your numbers?
Speaker 3: Instagram to fine, So.
Speaker 2: I gave you my number and we've been texting.
Speaker 4: He called you a pet name. Wait, I'm invalidity on this.
Speaker 2: Show me your phone and my fingers get to Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe is and I think I think you need to give me my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: But no, I think it's uncomfortable when you think a relationship is mutual but it really is just one sided.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's one I think it's I think no Ben.
Speaker 1: I know Ben is such a kind person, but I I feel like his loyalty lies with me.
Speaker 2: Quite, can you guys just quite for a second. I was going to give Benn a call. Hello, Hi, it's Mitch.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you? Man?
Speaker 5: Oh? Jealous?
Speaker 2: Was it nice? I can see you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You called everything? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man a good girls are just chucked out. I though't say hi, monsieur.
Speaker 4: That's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you miss me? Or do I have to? Is it awkward now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I hoped.
Speaker 1: I wish you didn't do nature.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's hard. The dinners.
Speaker 5: We would have so much f We could do like a like like a Maca's run, or get a soft serve like a mcfl Yes, yes, why don't we do that? Because you've got the different time, zon, why don't I pick you up? We're gonna mac flurry brick can come.
Speaker 2: But she gets tired, so oh yeah.
Speaker 5: The couch. We're up facetiming, and then she's like, wakes up and she's missing out.
Speaker 3: You cheats.
Speaker 4: Then I'd probably leave brittant home asleep on the couch too.
Speaker 1: Mcflurry's I can't believe you have been having a bromance behind my back.
Speaker 2: We are we are mcflurry brothers. Yeah. I love you man so good. He's my favorite person in the world.
Speaker 3: Babe, I love you. I love that You're gonna go have you actually are having a name?
Speaker 5: That's how you know he loves me. He's in bed, button ake and he still took the FaceTime call.
Speaker 3: Did he wake you up? And you took that call?
Speaker 2: I also know when something's up, and something was definitely up.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll chat soon for mcflurry see a bed see tonight. I love him so much.
Speaker 4: He's a good sport.
Speaker 1: That actually just makes my heart warm to know that he just like loves you because I love you.
Speaker 4: I think it's also cute when Britt's like, hey, then when are you thinking about proposing to me? And he's like, I haven't been, but Mitch, I miss you. Yeah, he's cute.
Speaker 2: Late night, all right, we're back after this.
Speaker 5: It's the pickup with britt Laura and Mitch rushing to chemist warehouse.
Speaker 2: Great savings every day. Now.
Speaker 5: As we know, Brittany, we diagnosed you on the show earlier in the year as having technick medical diagnosis.
Speaker 2: Laura, look at that neck on.
Speaker 4: Her it's a hunchback. More so, it's the bulge.
Speaker 3: On the back of the bulge.
Speaker 1: I diagnose myself with technic because I get constant migraines, and I think it's.
Speaker 3: Because I look at my phone too much.
Speaker 5: All technique yet, it was a fad that came out early fab which is people are developing something called technic, which is like they look like a little bluegle Way because they're gonna hump on the back of their neck from looking down on them.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is a legitimate thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've moved on. Technique is a thing of the past.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thank god we finally moved past.
Speaker 5: Technique is done a group of people over in probably the Scandies. It's always the Swedish people that are doing these research for always very forward thinking. They have worked out that by the year twenty one hundred, so in like eighty years, humans will not look like what we do today. I've printed out a piece of paper for you all. I've got this render for you. This is shocking furniture.
Speaker 2: Not real. I've created Enna. So I've got a photo of Anna.
Speaker 4: We're gonna look like my great grandma.
Speaker 5: Look, this is apparently what humans will look like in eighty years, based on current work from home situations.
Speaker 4: This woman clause no, no, no, no no. This woman in this picture is legitimately eighty years old.
Speaker 2: No no, no.
Speaker 5: She's got red swollen eyes and bags because she has a remote work from home setup and she has to work from her.
Speaker 3: Hang on, this woman has claws, she's hunched.
Speaker 1: But then, I'm also just looking back at this study that you've brought us.
Speaker 3: This study is from someone called Furniture at Work that are trying to sell work from home furniture. Is there any part of this that's ringing?
Speaker 2: Belf let me read the stats. Furniture at Work explained Edna that.
Speaker 1: They have a sale on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Edna unfortunately displays many physical effects because of her consistent use of technology, screen exposure, and poor furniture use.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the.
Speaker 3: Last time I let Mitch run. Guys.
Speaker 4: Also, why is Anna? Why has she got so many like she literally is eighty? Why has she got so many wrinkles? Like her face has fallen down? That's got nothing to do with looking at a screen.
Speaker 5: We're gonna put this photo on the pick up socials, but if you keep reading, they're so awful to Anna.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: Na's also put on a lot of weight and has a weak immune system due to inefficient fresh air and exercise.
Speaker 1: How was there I'm genuinely concerned how there was nothing about this article is picture or where it's from?
Speaker 3: The jumped out at you and thought maybe this was not legit?
Speaker 5: Where the hilarious? Also in the render, she's wearing like really dirty clothes. That's got nothing to do with the work from home set up. They've really just done a dirty.
Speaker 3: You drop your chicken nuggets on your shirt when.
Speaker 2: You're eating in bed, and then you get in with your claws.
Speaker 4: Anna has given up on the life, is what Anna has done, but is having a hard time. Why have they put her in such tight lie crafts?
Speaker 2: But they've got.
Speaker 3: Swollen limbs apparently. No, I actually don't mind that ribbing. That ribbing outfits quite in Laura and Anda's in.
Speaker 2: Head to toe skims. She's good money whatever. Work from home she.
Speaker 3: Too, She's got a great names.
Speaker 4: Okay, look, just moving on from Anna for one second. I do think though working from home has its own liabilities. People do it from their bed, They do it from their couch, lying down, So real, hasard?
Speaker 3: Are you in on this furniture?
Speaker 2: Ad by?
Speaker 4: Now the stand up?
Speaker 2: All right, back after this on the pickup.
Speaker 5: It's the pick up with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Help support your general health and well being with Agna Vitamin C one thousand two fifty Chewa built tablets now just seventeen ninety nine at Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 2: Great savings. Every day, I.
Speaker 3: Am coming in with something a bit different for you lot. Today I'm coming in with a quiz. Oh yeah, I want to test your knowledge of Australia.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: The reason I want to do this is Australiana.
Speaker 3: Australiana. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is there a reason why you felt the need to test how Australian we are?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Today's the day I feel like an absolute moron and now I want to know if there are other morons in this room as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, we need quiz. How do you think we got the gig? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's correct, that it's all done, don't worry about quiz.
Speaker 1: No. So my partner Banning's over here from Switzerland and we were having a lovely walk and he looked into the rainforest and he said, isn't it nice to think of how many monkeys during their living their best life? And I was like, oh, babe, we don't have monkeys here, and he's like what He's like, oh, us foreigners.
Speaker 3: We just thought there were monkeys everywhere.
Speaker 1: Then he proceeded to ask me about all these other animals. Do you have these animals here? And I was answering with confidence because I didn't want to look like an idiot. And I was like, I don't actually know if that's an Australian animal, but I didn't want to admit that to him, So.
Speaker 2: You thought, let's take it friends.
Speaker 4: So you're like, you're the idiot about Australiana, and you want to see if we are also equally as inept accurate, okay, perfect, the quiz is cold native or not? Okay? That about two seconds and two minutes ago. I don't know if I'm going to be good at this or not, Like there's a chance I'm going to be great. I also might surprise myself and be terrible.
Speaker 2: I think I'll be fine to be perfectly honest. So let's do some game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you really strike me as like secondary crocodile, dundee. If you're ever to come back in another life, meet you with an acubra on.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 3: Native or no. I'm going to start with some easy ones.
Speaker 4: Elk, is it an animal or a tree? There's a tree and there's Okay, No, they're not native.
Speaker 2: They're not native, of course they're not.
Speaker 3: CAP's crash.
Speaker 2: We're gonna now this Laura.
Speaker 1: Headless chicken monster, headless chicken monster. Is this a real name?
Speaker 3: It's a c cucumber.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not its real name.
Speaker 3: Next? Okay, liar bird native native? Correct?
Speaker 2: No correct?
Speaker 3: Numbat no wrong?
Speaker 4: Wem bat is a Numbbat's not a numbat?
Speaker 3: Is native?
Speaker 4: Oh damn it?
Speaker 2: Yes, ship, I don't even know what a numbad is.
Speaker 4: Neither you.
Speaker 3: The pangolin, Oh not native? You have to confirm to pangolin is not native? Correct?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: But a penguin is the jugong?
Speaker 4: They're native.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 4: A from Africa jugong. They're the things that swim around.
Speaker 2: They're not do goong in the water.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say no, dogong. What people used to think were mermaid Back in the day, they had a big, big.
Speaker 3: Tail called a cea elephant and it's native.
Speaker 1: Double the black footed ferret, the black footed ferret, I'm going to say yes.
Speaker 4: I'm sure we've got a few ferrets in the wild.
Speaker 2: Guys are not a very good Laura. Correct.
Speaker 4: I wish we were going against each other because.
Speaker 2: You're at this Do the big one to end them all?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: The big one worth a thousand points, the anti.
Speaker 4: Ta, the anti eater. Yeah no, and a kid is native, but an anteita is not native.
Speaker 2: I just to have some drama in this game. I think it is native.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys were a team, But Laura wins hard.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I body love animals. I love the zoo. I'm that I'm that loser at the zoo that reads all the parks.
Speaker 3: You've got a wrong. Still, it's hard. It's sometimes it's hard to know.
Speaker 4: There is not one single person sitting in their car that knew what a headless chicken monster is. Not one, not a single one. And if you did, can't wait to the phone to ring off the hook.
Speaker 2: All right, we're done, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: Back on Monday, see guys, well.
Speaker 2: And what are you up next?
Speaker 5: If you missed any of the show this Week, Podcast at All on the free iHeartRadio app, See you Monday, by bye.