Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything Good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I've started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Siders to oh four seven five O three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there. And now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Pats Money, coome Onrning, Alex Money, good morning, Rio, good morning. What an incredible couple of days ahead of us now for armchair sports fans it is on Small RL AFL Smagasboard Sports Swedish smaggas Bard You've got the you got AFL's back footage back tonight NRL and also F one as well. And then tonight the Matildas in an extraordinary game. Again it's the the Uranian women's team, and they showed so much courage the other day playing anywhere with them things going back on in their homeland, but also refusing to sing the national anthem. I don't know if anyone's seen this story. You talk about courage, they were they were told by the regime. They must sing the national anthem not to embarrass the regime, and they defiantly didn't sing it on Monday night's opener against South Korea. Incredible. I hope they get an amazing reception team. So yeah, it's an incredible couple of days. Absolutely. Now, Alex, are you going down to F one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I am today. So I'm going to take my son Max. He's four years old. He cannot wait. So from his kindom, he's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna remember any of this. Hopefully he does some of them, just ticklarly in front of the TV. Tell him he's there. Can I come instead of him? Because do you know this? You can go and have a little looksie around today if you live nearby. Yes, like a post code bias. It's hilarious. You know, we gotta do it.
Speaker 4: You gotta print off like a utility buill to preyer that you live in the area. So I'm going to print off my little gas bill and I'm going to take it off to the F one and go here you go, guys, I live just over there.
Speaker 3: Can I come in?
Speaker 1: There's sure income? It's so unfair and what do you get to do? Just wander around around? Incredible. You'll see all the teams getting ready with the cars and do the walk.
Speaker 3: The drivers walk around the track as well.
Speaker 1: But it's unfair. It's only if you live nearby. Other sport would do this.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got to put up with the noise as well.
Speaker 1: For the next four days. So I love the fact that you just got a print off a utility bill and in no way it's that fakable. It's thought proof. There's nothing online now where you could do that in less than sixty seconds. You're going to have a million people down there apparently live round Albert Park, but we will. Now it's a crazy thing. You just got to pitch. So what they're going to be going through everyone's gas and electricity.
Speaker 3: Bill pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lewis Hamilton's going to be going, no, this one's fake.
Speaker 4: Nice try mates, And he's like, make sure you do it at work today because we haven't any paper at home.
Speaker 3: I've kept forgetting to buy paper for them, so I'm going.
Speaker 1: To do it today at work. Well, good luck trying to print anything off because someone here is the queen of print and stuff on. Do you remember that three out your page NASA document?
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 1: Why were you printing off the NASA logo knows what book goodness knows what kind of sleepers sell your parts of parts? And then the other extraordinary thing, what just a way of this year? How now just in the last seven days, So seven days, seven days ago, if you said that we would be getting emotional plane coming into Australia from the Middle East and emotional scenes of families being reunited, Koshi Koschy being reunited with his family. I was getting emotional hearing him how he was looking forward to seeing his family. We would have gone, you crazy, what's happened in the last seven days? But yeah, so the first flight to land into Sydney, pats is that?
Speaker 6: So it's the first repatriation flight out of the Middle East since all the hussle from the weekend about.
Speaker 1: To that we're calling it.
Speaker 6: I was trying to put it nicely, but yeah, the first two hundred and then the government sending over about five teams to try and get any Aussie strandard that want to come home.
Speaker 1: This sounds like the set up to a new Chris Hemsworth movie. What do you mean five teams of trades.
Speaker 5: No repatriation teams?
Speaker 6: So you know, experts in that field about you know, organizing passports, flights and getting people back.
Speaker 1: Well make sure they printed off. Yeah, YouTube's bills as a four more, there's nothing stronger than that.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: The other week on the show we were talking about spotting celebrities and shops. She won't believe what I saw yesterday out Centerling Carl and Jackie. Oh, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 7: Come they passed the means test.
Speaker 5: For that incredible.
Speaker 1: Perhapsy how was your day yesterday?
Speaker 5: Had an interesting day.
Speaker 6: Our daughter, who is fourteen, is doing her Duke of Ed at school, Oh good honor, which is brilliant worldwide scheme, and they have to do three things. So they have to do a three activities essentially one volunteer and she's cooking at the local soup kitchen near school, which is great. Another skill has to be like a skill essentially, so she's going to do piano for that and keyboard in a music class in the third.
Speaker 1: By really lowering the bar, Duke of Venery used to be you used to have to live outdoors for a week in the UK. It's really extreme.
Speaker 5: Oh really, you know you.
Speaker 1: Have to go like hiking an Orienta and they camp out for like a week. There's like the bronze silver gold version of it, the gold one. I think it's about ten or twelve years ago. I was invited to Saint James's Palace to do a speech tour recipients of the Goldward Ones. I'm doing this speech and then the main man comes in other jick, Yes, Prince Philip starts heckling me back, and his nineties right, I've never seen him before. My low really funny. It was yeah, I think it was ninety two at the time, ninety one to incredibleness. But it starts heckling me right. And I then said to him, are you here to get your not dead yet ward? And he sent me a note a couple of days later he just signed it jus still not dead yet. These kids had like lived outdoors for a week. It was like really extreme what they've done.
Speaker 5: Oh well, maybe she's gone the easy way out, so.
Speaker 1: Might be the Australian version. Eat a tin tam, befriend a hobo.
Speaker 6: So her third activity has to be physical. So she said, you know what, I'll just walk the dog. And I thought, oh, okay, what you called.
Speaker 1: Duke right now is spinning in his royal gray What dog? What the dinosa? What the dinosaur? Yes, that's a dingo. Some of them like that. It's a big dog, to be fair.
Speaker 5: Probably is in extreme sport. And we found out this dog is called far Lap, a big boy. He's very dull.
Speaker 6: He's not quite a great day in size, but he's not far off it anyway. So she took him for a walk. Only he saw a cat walking along and bolted. Well, oh my goodness, so.
Speaker 1: She's wearing that's not in the news. Shear last tense. He saw a cat. He ate a cat?
Speaker 5: No, no, I didn't eat it. He just likes to chase them anyway.
Speaker 6: So he pulled her with such force in the lead that she like flew out of her thongs.
Speaker 1: No, maybe new listeners need to know this. It's like a sort of quarterly event on the show. Pantsy will have some tool store about someone being propelled through the air seriously away of Patsy, who was once butted by goat.
Speaker 5: I was butted by a god to hoterrific.
Speaker 1: Got air out of her gun boots. The gun boats are still in the mud right now. Pers He hasn't landed evidence.
Speaker 7: Your family needs to tie up their laces.
Speaker 1: Got more hawks.
Speaker 6: It was it was like a It was like a reinvention of that, only it was already this time the thongs on the pavement to get or she was flying almost horizontal to.
Speaker 1: Wonder woman.
Speaker 6: Anyway, So I don't know, she might have to get another physical activity because that did not go.
Speaker 1: Did you do it?
Speaker 5: No, we didn't have it.
Speaker 1: In some sort of nerd school, it would have done it. No.
Speaker 8: I was more debating in the in the debating realm. Yes, I didn't have time.
Speaker 1: I may have What are you the debate captain?
Speaker 7: I was the debate captain?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I was a third speaker, so I would come in at the end and then.
Speaker 7: Wrap it up.
Speaker 1: So how many were Was it timed? Yes?
Speaker 7: So you'd go and you'd get the topic.
Speaker 8: Then you'd get an hour to prepare and then you'd get Each team has three speakers, and you can speak for about seven to nine men.
Speaker 1: And so are you selecting from the team. Do you have a big team?
Speaker 8: Know that you pretty much go through in a team of three or four, there's three speakers, and.
Speaker 7: Then you've got sort of the guy on the benches now we're.
Speaker 1: Going to do next week on the show Debate Week. You've got a song, a song or an ad break to prepare start the Debate Championships. The inter Show Debate Championships next week.
Speaker 2: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: This week on the show, we've been trying to recreate Brick, Brian Brick. What is in a classic Aussie pub? So if you've got any things you think have to be in the pub, let me know. You can text us four seven five three one oh four to three. You can also call this morning on thirteen fifty five twenty two. After the show yesterday, I was thinking what are the most common named pubs in Australia. I know in the UK red line is number one. Nice, hundreds of red lines. Then it's like the King's heads, Queen's arms and stuff like that, but it's the red line. And in the UK you give because there are so many pubs, or well they used to be there dropping by the way. Now sadly you give directions by the pubs. Should we go? Yeah, if you see the red line pub you've gone too far. Turn around and you'll see the kings, the King's arms. That's when you know you're there, all right, So what do we think. You're in the top ten most commonly named pubs in Australia. Railway number two, Railways a number two. There are eighty two.
Speaker 5: What about terminutes?
Speaker 1: Not in the top ten. I would have had a guess at that as well. It feels like it's the top ten.
Speaker 9: The Shakespeare No tattersals, Nope, not in the top ten.
Speaker 7: Lord Nelson, No, you do see a lot of those.
Speaker 1: Victoria Hotel is in the top ten. There are thirty nine Victoria Hotel. Yeah, okay, think about this country and think about when pubs first came along. What would they want to attract. They'd want it to sound fancy, the local.
Speaker 3: No, like horse, Yeah, the horse and cart.
Speaker 1: That's the number one. The Royal Hotel. Oh, two hundred and forty four, two hundred and forty four, Royal Hotel. And of course no one's calls them. You wouldn't say, I'm going for a drink, come and join it down at the Royal Hotel. You just called the Royal Yes, all right, so that's the number one, number one, it's the Royal Hotel. There are more pubs called the Royal Hotel than anything else. In Australia. But what's a number two? Think about any way you've ever been, you will always see these ones. It's always this.
Speaker 5: Not the Grand or something.
Speaker 1: The Grand is it number four? Pats, There are seventy three pubs named the Grand in Australia. It's commercial, the commercial, commercial hotels. I didn't ruin us oell with that many.
Speaker 3: One in my hometown.
Speaker 1: There you go. Then it's the Railway at number three, with eighty two pubs called the Railway, The Grands at number four, then the Exchange Victoria is a number six, the Crown, the number seven. At eight, you've got the Imperial.
Speaker 7: Familiar with a lot of imperials.
Speaker 1: Then it's the Star yea, and then coming in hot at number ten, the Club. I've not seen many of that. I've not seen many of those. The Christian O'Connell show podcast What is in Every Single Aussie Bub? This week they've announced they are looking to build an Australian themed pub in Vegas on the Strip after Eneel was there last weekend. So we said, look, the Americans, they won't know how to do this. Let's help them out. Let's kind of recreate the classic Cosi pub brick by brick. What do you see there, Christian? Those bowls straight from the seventies that have learned they're made of wood. They put chips or nuts in them, Yes, that salads, and they have not been topped up since the seventies. An old camping out the front with a bowl of water, waiting for its owner to have a few quiet ones and fell chatting up the barmaid. You're right, there's always some guy on a felled mission trying to impress the bar mate. Just been thrown out by his wife or divorced.
Speaker 3: Ten skins.
Speaker 1: Yes, the pub needs to drive through bottle shop. They're often actually bigger than the actual pub. Some of them are a macular Yeah, beautiful, huge real estate Christian. The country pub needs toilet door markers showing the silhouette of a lady with a parasol and a man's one. The men's on top hat and cane. What year are we?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: What century were we in?
Speaker 7: The modern?
Speaker 1: About the time I just put my head around the door and just look for the long trough My problem?
Speaker 8: You know why they use like the different chromosome ones like, yes, I don't know which one I am, which one is the man.
Speaker 1: Probably a duke of edbus thing. Just work out what toilet is what, and you've got your duke of e. Christian, what were you seeing? Every classic Aussie pump, the long metal trough with like six yellow urinal cakes and the old school metal flush chains now no chase smell as well, Yes, Christian, Every Aussie Barny's a bistro that turns into a nightclub after the meals have been served, with a light up dance floor, like the movie Saturday Night Fever. We'll have to disagree that. I'm not sure it's exactly like the movie Saturday Night Fever Sunday Fever Dream. Yes do you? Then? Always had then the old mobile disco. Oh you guy, the guy unloading from is like you or the vinyl we.
Speaker 6: Had that you go for your palmer and you'd be unpacking it.
Speaker 1: This guy's coming out getting all the getting the lights some week ost smoke machine.
Speaker 7: He wasn't exactly Tiesta or.
Speaker 1: Way before Fred. Again, well he was called Fred.
Speaker 5: So we didn't know any better.
Speaker 1: We love that. Some of the ones we've had so far, these has been incredible. Michelle, yesterday with the cutlery handed to you, wrapped within an inch of it's life, stuck down with what looks like a spot of spits. It is, it's really swallowed in this very tight Steve had seven main doors to the bar, but only one of them actually opens yep. Photos of local horses winning regional race meetings. Garlic breads an entree on the menu. Brad had council workers in uniform having a really long lunch. That'll be happening today at so many pubs around Australia. Dartboard uncomfortably next to the pool table, footy tipping leaderboard, Condon slash tampon Spencer and the ladies that only takes coins. Narel had photos of random celebrities that have visited over the years loose or omitting toilet seats. It's never correctly fitted, there's never Someone with a big ass has destroyed these toilets and is going round Australia destroying toilets. And this show will not rest until, like Scooby do, we unmask who this perpetrator is.
Speaker 2: To the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, those under those foot wrests in Australian Pums were the trots to drop the peanut shells. That's what needs to be there. No, that's how they need in cinemas cleaners. They're going to pick up all our crap. Floor. Have a trough there, a little foot rest. Chuck your carton's in there, right there? You go? All right? What is in every single Australian pub? We're trying to recreate the Aussie pub? Good morning? Two two first names. Matt George. You can't forget the old guy. The barfly sitting in the corner has been there since the dawn of time. They probably built the pub around him. I love this bit of detail here from our friend Matt George. Haw's a mobility scooter with the rain cover parked right near the door. Assie flag stick it out the bag and right. Probably got the flag pole outside the house as well. The other thing in the men's and women's toilets we're talking about. What do you see in every single loss? You pump uh no fancy hand sanitizer with the pump, good old tiny tiny tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny tiny tiny sliver of a bar of soap.
Speaker 7: Yes, that about four thousand people that's been there.
Speaker 1: You're right, and delicately plays pubic hair. The worse from the Queen, isn't it. It's a tiny, tiny little sliver. You know. I'd say it's time to bring back the bar of soap.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it is nice. I think it's better to shower the bar of soap than that sort of shower wash.
Speaker 8: If I've had a big workout, I'll use the power molive goal.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love. We need to partner up and do a collaborate with them Golden fair Man palm olive goal.
Speaker 7: It's heavy duty. When you get a lot of gunk.
Speaker 1: I caught it in a prison wash. Yeah, get a thick l up. Ohmy heating rivals, un mistakable smell lemon. And also I want to bor a soap that doesn't have is an overly fragranced Yeah, I don't want a lemon myrtle. Yeah, you know, sandal wood or leather.
Speaker 7: I'm a man widow.
Speaker 1: Denko rub the soap bar. I want lemon, myrtle or hibiscus.
Speaker 7: Maybe it should be the new Chemist. You know how they do fragrances.
Speaker 1: Maybe we do soap collab collab. Yes, Patsy, what do you see in every.
Speaker 5: Pum Well, there's got to be a mixed grill.
Speaker 6: Then you surely you know, you get a chopped the steak or sausage, maybe a results sides, yeah, egg on top.
Speaker 1: If you're lucky, steak, Diane sauce.
Speaker 5: And the bacon. Don't forget the bacon's.
Speaker 1: A heart attack on a plate.
Speaker 5: Basically, yes, then you cover it into tomatow sawce drown.
Speaker 1: It, the side of type two diabetes to go please, and a very limited range of sources if you're having a steak as well. So now we've got fifty seven different types, you know, and they bring out even the mustards. There's a go mustard guy. I see him in restaurant. Wait, that's his job. It just comes out with the mustards. You don't see him doing anything else. He's got like four different mustards, some around the world, whole green, American, French, English.
Speaker 4: Almost bravy mushroom yeah yeah, big gravy boats yes source.
Speaker 1: You know what else? Is also there?
Speaker 4: A white plastic phone on the wall the wives and partners to ring to see if their husbands are still there. Yeah, I know there's phones, but I trust me, this phone is still used to this day.
Speaker 1: Harry's still there. And don't get it, don't get it. She's calling. They're on the Attorney Sea water and another one has been born. Don't pick it up? What do I tell it? Very?
Speaker 3: I'm on my way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just left now he hasn't. I witnessed this as a child. I know.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Quite a few people messaging the show. The other thing you see in every single Australian pub or you used to see tabletop arcade games, shout out Moon Patrol, Moon Patrol with Moon Patrol. There was another one that I'd always have, pac Man, and then there was another. God was it Gatta girl Gariga? Someone to know some game, right? I need some help this morning. I really really need some help. This now is going to become a show and tell I brought something into studio from home. This is a real life deaf con situation. I have a deep love of sharpie pens and they're always on me. However, I came home yesterday I didn't realize there was one capless and that is like pin out of a grenade in my back pock it. I'm sat on the couch having a cup of tea my wife, we're talking about our days. I get up and she starts screaming, I've left a stain on the couch from a dark black, vivid, angry scar of a sharpie pen that's leaked onto there. So we start googling. Then we started going to AI AI help us AI fire up AI, Come on chat GPT. Sharpie panicsays, go get some rubbing alcohol. We're like, what is rubbing alcohol? We've got drinking alcohol. But I don't think pouring a peanut or a nice shearss on this is going to help chat GPT. It ain't that smart. After all, you haven't got street smarts.
Speaker 7: Rubbing alcohol is one of those things you never have.
Speaker 8: Also, before you hang a picture rub the wic propol.
Speaker 1: Proposes it was a thing during lockdown when we're told her to start drinking. It was RFKG or trump or boris.
Speaker 6: So one of the bozos, isn't it just like MYTHI though I don't know metho methylated spirits.
Speaker 5: Is that anassy thing?
Speaker 1: No? I know what you mean. So I found her hand sanitized it just basically they're recommending something wh's got a high alcohol content. So this hand sanitizer was seventy percent. I start putting it on it just changes it to indigo. The stain remains. So it was as we went to bed last night, my wife looked at it, you know when she sort of looks at you, you see what you done. I brought it in this morning. It's still it's faded, but it's there. It's always going to be there.
Speaker 7: The same one, yeah, same one.
Speaker 1: Out scene on the radio. It's the couch to have. So this is all woven fabric, which apparently makes it harder because it seeps in right. So I got sad out as well, just you know, it always solves everything. So sadly couldn't do this, and then I put it on a cool wash for an hour. That did nothing.
Speaker 6: You can get a can't you get like a color corrector at the supermarket?
Speaker 7: Yes, there's one.
Speaker 8: It's called Doctor Something's color corrector.
Speaker 1: I've used Doctor Nickerbocker. I there a song about him from the Whiggels Nikoba Nikobuck number nine. He likes to dance and sing on time.
Speaker 8: I had one of a white blanket that I put in with like red undies or something in the.
Speaker 1: White red Undies.
Speaker 5: Don't know, Okay, let's all the.
Speaker 1: Gays do it. Red Undies. Wow, anyway back to my stain? What a segue? What do I do with this? It's woven fabric? Color correct. I must have seen my wife and I must have said the phrase woven frabrick two hundred times yesterday you never said anything. And then it's the thing. It's the catchphrase of the week, is Chris, this is woven fabric. You couldn't have put it on anything worse. It's a woven Is it woven? Or just what is that?
Speaker 7: It looks pretty woven to me?
Speaker 5: Is what do they call that? The bumpy stuff?
Speaker 8: The bookley looks like that's trouble.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. This is a lot cheaper. It's like if you touch it, pats it's like Hessian sat like you sit on this on shorts. It's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: On the old is a linen.
Speaker 1: It is a thick ass fabric. It's more like a doormat.
Speaker 7: It's a classic, like natural.
Speaker 1: What makes us worse for stutter? I just did the old. I don't worry about that. I'll just flip it over. However, sadly, on the reverse side, is this horrible kind of Ladies nineteen six? Is Hosier?
Speaker 7: It looks yes, No, no, no, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's the composition with fabric is key.
Speaker 6: Here as to how we get it out, you need a Shannon Lush who's like a nussy cleaning expert.
Speaker 7: Who is Shannon Lashon?
Speaker 6: No, Shannon Lush, We'll see she will know what fabric it is and what interacts best with the fabric to get the stain.
Speaker 1: So, thank you. How do we get hold of Shannon Lush? Let's go on, we say her name three times and she materializes on the phone.
Speaker 7: I just look, she's the Queen of stain pain.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I think I went to see that lady once in soho queen.
Speaker 7: Of what, the queen of stain pain. So you've got stained pain, so.
Speaker 1: Much pain right now? Mainly the pain is from my wife.
Speaker 7: You need miss Lush, you need miss.
Speaker 1: Lash I think that's someone else. How do you get hold of Shannon? No? Sorry, Shannon? Who is Shannon Lush?
Speaker 5: Let's see if we can email.
Speaker 1: I'll be gettings speaking to the manager of Shannon No, can he come round speaks? If it's cash, he'll do anything right now. It's just for the gig.
Speaker 2: Christian Condor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you for caring. About my couch sorry texts Rio just came round to my side of the studio and can have a look at it. I showed him the vivid stain from my shampypan this on this couch cover that I brought in today to see if anyone can tell me how to get it out. I went, no, you can't carry on like that. You can't, you cannot carry on. And then ask a very important question, where on the couch is this cushion? All right? And also the number one thing people want to know moment, what is the couch? If you've got it, Rea recognizes it from the seat cover, what is it? Freedom? It's the Freedom l Sorrento. Yes, you've got it. Pats, have you got it? No?
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 6: I've got leather because of that, because no, with the kid you wipe it clean. You could just about, you know, hose it clean.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, I've just seen half the team produce of Sarah also as the Freedom Sorrento. People are going to think we've got a contract with you. I wish we had, would have saved the silk quite a few dollars. Actually, I am open to be a new ambassador. If you free live reads, suddenly you know push.
Speaker 6: Names in a hat and someone can donate their cushion to you, So then it's all new against How do you say that?
Speaker 1: Listen here has a great idea, Christian. The solution to cushion gate is closer to home. Rio said, he has the same count. Simply order him unsafe workplace. We don't do that here. Simply order him to give you one of his order. I wish you had that power over this team. Go home and replace your Christian. Go out to my house right now, Christian this way happy Sarah, happy Christian, unhappy Rio. But as meet Love said, two out of three a bad Christian. Follow me for more life acts, Jason, just throw me under the bus. Christian morning Fresh dish washing liquid that actually made the most difference yesterday, more than the hand sanitizer. But it's only just turning from dark black. I mean black is black, and it kind of dark black. Yeah, and you have dark black, but that is it's indigot, it's a vivid scar. It's still there. Christian is simply buy a new couch. That pillow is never going to be the same. Even if Shannon managed to get it out. Is this going to have now an overly white bit of it where it looks scorched. It's going to leave a tour in shroud mark there, get a new couch. The only way Sarah's going to be happy again, Christian, take the cover to the dry cleaners. This happened to me with a whiteboard marker. They will get it out. I don't think they do that.
Speaker 7: No, I reckon they might.
Speaker 3: That's actually a really good idea shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm slightly intimidated by a local dry cleaners. The last time I went in, he accused me of being poor.
Speaker 6: Ah, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well he had a great, big life size poster of Oscar Piastre in the window. And do you know my and goes, oh, you have known his family in Oscar for many years. I wash his uh, his racing outfit. When he comes back to Melbourne, he brings like he years money, watches them all. And I went, oh, apparently he lives around the corner from me. He goes, no, no, no he doesn't. That's a rich man sport. You're too poor to him And and I went, and he went, I went, I'm on the radio, and he goes, he goes you own the station. I went, no, you're poor. Wow. He's a legend there, him and his wife been running it for like fifty years. I'm slightly if I take that in, I'll have an hour being told off by him and his wife. You're right, you should have your velvet on hermin couch told you about. That's Wolven fabric, not leather or anything cheap passed. So hopefully we're gonna passy. Thank you very much for as always when winning situal, I just helping, not at all. Passy just sent us a link to the website for Shannon Lush. That's just the first place anyone that the world's greatest producer plan. I thought you might have it in that news rollodex. You know we got all the world leaders Elbow Shannon Lush.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I have a death colm one situation at home. I have sharpie pens all the time. They're always on me. Sadly, one of them obviously must have lost its cap. It's in my back pocket. It's leaked from my backside onto a sofa couch cover. If you're playing along at home, mister freedom cerinto it has to be. It can only be into that woven fabric. I tried sad, I tried everything on it. I tried hand sanitizer, put it on a delicate wash cold of course, for an hour, and I did nothing. So I brought it in today pleading for someone to help me. One name has emerged, and they say that in times of need, the right hero or heroin emerges a lady here. Suddenly the name kept being cried to the gods, Lush, Shannon Lush. And if you say her name three times, she materializes and sure enough she joins us on the show. Right now, Shannon Lush, Is that you, Shannon? You come in my hour of me? Thank you, Shannon Lush?
Speaker 11: What have you done to give me?
Speaker 1: Shannon? First of all, thank you for coming over to the bright solid o here on FM radio. I understand your every Monday night on Talk About Radio. But thank you for coming and seeing us on the FM side of the dial.
Speaker 11: Thank you, not a problem. What have you done?
Speaker 1: Well? I've a sharpie black sharpie has basically bled into my sofa couch cover and it's like a woven fabric. I don't know a woolen. It's a couch it's called the Sorrento from Eat Them an l shape one. It's almost like a Hessian sack washed canvas. Is it washed canvas?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 11: And you know the fact that it was Sharpy brand definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I carry them all the time. Yeah, black, I'm afraid.
Speaker 11: Okay. You just need to use white spirits to remove it. That's not vodka, so don't drink it. It's called white spirits. It's not methilated spirits in between metho and turps. At the hardware store you'll find it comes in a small bottle. Sometimes it comes under the name of Shellite. It's ninety nine percent liquid hydrocarbon. Just use a small amount on a cotton bud and just rub it over until it comes out. Once you've removed it, you'll need to remove the white spirits, and you do that with a cake of soap in the bathroom, just normal bathroom soap that you wash, you place the hands with, lightly damp it till it feels sticky, and then you just scribble on it like it's a crayon. Rub it out with a cold damp cloths and then evenly damped the entire panel. That where you don't get water marks or what looked like spots. Lift over after you've finished.
Speaker 1: Shandon, How do you know this off the top of your head.
Speaker 11: Oh, I don't forget and my experiment all the time. Have not been doing it since I was born.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, So I need to get so the most more things to get the white.
Speaker 11: Spirit Yeah, yeah, white spirits and a normal coca baths and so there was.
Speaker 7: A lot more steps after that, I've got to say.
Speaker 1: And I can see you once you got about the shannon. There's about five five different damp cloths. I'm concerned about the bit scrubbing it again like a pen.
Speaker 11: No, okay, we'll run through it again. Please, while we're running through it, I want you to imagine yourself doing it.
Speaker 1: We're going through the stained window and play school now. Yes, all right, So I I get the I get the methylated spirits.
Speaker 11: No, white spirits, not metal.
Speaker 1: Is that white vinegar? Because I've got some of that same thing?
Speaker 11: Isn't it's ninety liquid hydro carbon. It's white spirits. It's called white spirits.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: Sometimes it comes under the name of shell.
Speaker 1: Right now, I've got I think my wife is to do with her nails. Is that like, now, polish remover. That's the tone.
Speaker 7: You's the first step. This is crazy. You're just gonna get what he's.
Speaker 6: Doing this, so Sarah will do it.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know my why she said you did it? This is your problem, I said, I'm taking it into work, all right. So white spirits, soak.
Speaker 11: On it called white spirits. You use cotton bud, dip it in the white spirits, and you just draw with the cotton bud again and again, and all the chappie pennant mark is gone. Once it has gone. Get a cake a soap in the bathroom, lightly damp the cake of soap, scribble on the stain like it to cray on, and then you just rub it out with a cold damp cloth. Wow, and you damp the entire panel so it doesn't get warm.
Speaker 1: Will now, Shannon, thank you very much. How will that work? Because this is almost like you know, we're coming up to sort of sixteen eighteen hours.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: Now, the deal is with staying is that it's basic chemistry and so then as you know what you're doing it doing it, it's it's easy. What if I left out?
Speaker 1: What if I left this for a year then played this back and then did it. Would it still work the chemistry?
Speaker 11: Yes, of course it was the only different I'm leaving it for a year with a shovy ben because the inch sets harder and harder. Would need to stop in the ink first with blitering. But that's the only thing that would be different. But that would take a long time to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know when you feel an ink stone as it age is, it gets of this crispy feel to the edges of it. Yes, that's because it's the air dry. It goes hard, almost plastic, right, and you would need to break it.
Speaker 1: Down all right now, Shannon, one last question? What is the worst stain? What is the worst stain to ever try and remove?
Speaker 11: There isn't one. Wow, No, it doesn't work that way. Chemistry chemistry, it's fun.
Speaker 1: That's like your Charlotte Cohen's phrase. It was elementary for him, but it's chemistry. Now. Listen, a lot of people be listening to this and they might want to contact you. What's the best way for them to do that, Shallow Lush.
Speaker 11: If they want to hear or get this stone to remove by talking to me and they contact in through the radio. Otherwise the books are available the contact to the radio. Don't use websites. I gave up on that. It was just too hectic and I don't see people in person anymore. People were bringing me at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Join sorry about that. That's parts of my show. It's just not good Yeah, no, it's not good enough. All right. Hey listen, Shannon, lovely to speak to you, and thank you very much. You havel have a good day.
Speaker 11: Not a worry thing, so have don you see you Lada.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, we need to see you trying to do this. It's clear you're not paying attention. This is what it's like being married to me. Once there's more than one step.
Speaker 7: I'm like you could see the lightly of your eyes.
Speaker 1: It sounds like three or four steps. This got real complicated. I'm sorry. I don't need having got a degree in chemistry, Shannon lash Christian, can you ask and then a lush how to remove sharpie from a leather couch? Did she say used milk? I think that's what they're using, a tued era. What are you going to get in a time machine? Christian? Any stain or fabrick use a dissolved dishwasher tablet. I didn't actually try that yesterday as well. It didn't work, honestly, Christian, have you considered just turning over the cushion? Oh god, I thought of that. Have you considered turning back the dial? Of course I have. It's got an atypical underside, right, is that what you call it? It's like a horrible spongy thing on the underside. It is get me a typical all right? After eight o'clock this morning, more stained chop. No, I'm joking.
Speaker 7: Do you have a name that's a pain? A name you always need to explain well?
Speaker 1: With man my name? As in game now over the next couple of days in Australia, Wideline fever back NRL's back ef one is here, Midfield is playing a run tonight's but right now Dune the next twenty minutes. It is on news versus sports, versus himself versus me, me versus news and sports. What are we talking about? The name game? As in, if you have a name that's a bit of a pain, we turn it into a weekly game. My daughter, youngest daughter Lois every day when she has to speeds some on the phone. They keep calling her Lewis. She gives Lois as in Lois Lane. So you have got one of those names. You'll have a one line explainer that you have to do a lot. We use your clue that you give people. We try and guess what your name is to call it now. You get a prize if you stump the show. We're playing next. Here's how went down last week. Caller one off you go.
Speaker 11: My name is in wind Galereusto, Gail, you got it? Call the two coome on first name as in the name to Shakespeare, play.
Speaker 3: Hamlets symbol, Yes, call the three.
Speaker 5: Good morning my last name as in a.
Speaker 1: Book, novel story, no picture, No, what do you do in the book? Read? Read?
Speaker 2: Read?
Speaker 1: You won't be anything. Why do I say pictures? Because you literacy rates ain't great in this country. I won't like to be a picture, but some of you would read. Anyway. Have you considered turned the cushion over? Give us a call now to play the name game.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I've just ordered a book of Shannon Lush's We should be getting commission on that may You just tuned in. You missed a solid twenty minutes of the show, probably even an hour Tompy, half an hour of Good Just Champagne, Radio Stained chap and then we managed to land with the Big Kahoona and that was the big guest of the year. Frost Nixon, O'Connell, lush Hues. You had to be there all right time for the Name Game, as in, you come on air, we do not know your name. You give us a clue. Me and sim Patsy are trying to race against each other and the clock trying to guess what your name is. Team. Are we ready to play? Let's do it? Coil Spring Cold sounds like you're still cold.
Speaker 5: Sky Bird.
Speaker 4: Bringing on pats Prime time too wow, too hot to handle in the red corner screen, ob.
Speaker 1: Your ex next to it.
Speaker 5: Let's get it on all.
Speaker 1: Right ready, caller one, Welcome to the Name Game.
Speaker 2: Hello, My name is.
Speaker 11: In a character from the show TV show Dynasty.
Speaker 5: Crystal Alexis Colby.
Speaker 11: Yes, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Love that I was more of a Dynasty fan than Dallas.
Speaker 5: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like choosing this child?
Speaker 1: You've only got one? Are you choosing their? Are the dogs? Presley? It's not even a choice. Let's get a call it too good morning, welcome to the name game. All right, Christian, thanks for calling off you go? Good luck.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, I'm the greatest sponsor of all times.
Speaker 6: You guys got it?
Speaker 3: Oh I think I got that?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you were snoozing on the goal line. Caller three, Good morning, Hello called three. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 11: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Okay, good luck?
Speaker 11: Okay. So my point is baby farm animals Joey.
Speaker 3: Oh no, calm.
Speaker 11: No, i'd be said of my name.
Speaker 1: You never know. We've heard some strange names, some strange names. But you're right that might be a bit too a thank you, piglet for calling you.
Speaker 5: Nursery.
Speaker 11: It could be found in a farm and baby nursery.
Speaker 10: Yes, oh okay, chick, chick, chick.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't want to be rude here, Chruss, you're a chick.
Speaker 11: I'm a chick. Your is what I did for a living growing up. I want to check out cheap.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? All right?
Speaker 11: Thank you very much, into many trouble but yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, piglets, thank you very much. Let's got a call a four hair coimonic collar four. You're live on air.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 2: My surname as in too farm animals.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're back at the farm. What is it the farm special this week? As in too farm animals to farm animals? Oh twin our sheep, kangaroo peer of monkey horse?
Speaker 7: Why do we start with guess one animal?
Speaker 8: Sorry, you're not going to get it if you keep.
Speaker 11: Do you need to do you need the clue?
Speaker 1: We need a clue?
Speaker 11: Okay, I give you a clue for the first one.
Speaker 2: Bacon, pig, pig, piglet, pig.
Speaker 1: Pig, pig piggies.
Speaker 2: Now you listening to the next animal, horse.
Speaker 1: We don't just ship were to move on? What what? What? What? What is your name?
Speaker 11: Pigram?
Speaker 1: We would have been here for weeks. I can't even remember the second step that I've got to do for that state. There's no way that is above our pay grade or this show. Have you heard the show? Thick as anything? We are. We're going to part two next, No more fire mental clues.
Speaker 2: Producers Christian Code Show podcast There were.
Speaker 1: Time wasted coming up in five minutes time right now, Part two of The Name Game Morning two. Angela Parlisi, Christian, your segment this morning was a sign to me, if you do have a stain of the week with Shannon. Please consider me. I have porcelain tars in my bathroom, and my beautiful female dog often peat on them. They've got well, I'm definitely not doing that feature. Now. This is the kind of stand in what we're going to do. I'm not getting a Showbi's legend. Those are the right words, Showbi's legend, like Shannon Lush. You know what's incredible, how all the radio producers had the number on the phone. Yes, if I said get Chris Hemsweather, I don't know where to begin. Shannon Lush. They've got two numbers in US trading radio pature is Shannon Lush and Honey Badger. That's what we need. That's all you need. That's what you need. All right. We ready to do part two of the name game, as in, you come on and you give us a clue to your name, We try and guess. Let's go to call it one. Good morning. Hey, here you're going, I'm good, welcome to show, good luck, thank you.
Speaker 2: My name is in cartoons.
Speaker 5: Disney Bugs.
Speaker 10: Now No, no, Wilma, no.
Speaker 1: Daphne used to do older, the older cartoons more than any Blueto, Felix.
Speaker 12: No, Okay, times out now, so what is the what is your name, sir?
Speaker 11: My last name as in Warner Warner.
Speaker 1: Brother great one. Yes, I'm going to explain it to you. I'm going to tell people Warner has your Warner brothers. Yes, brilliant clue. Hey, that's a great one. Thank you very much for call him. Thanks man, I know I got a call it too. Good morning, Hi, here are going, I'm good. What is your clue for us?
Speaker 11: My name is in popular TV robot?
Speaker 13: Oh Rosie, Nope, the TV robot Dexter, Tess, tweaky, m.
Speaker 5: What are those things of doctor the darks?
Speaker 1: That was the Daleks. The d just said that. I just said that, what is your name? We're out of time.
Speaker 13: Bender Orender the robot.
Speaker 1: Shame on us.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that. That's a great one. Thank you very much, great clue. Thanks you calling caller three. Good morning call three.
Speaker 11: Hello, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm good, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling us. What's your clue? Good luck?
Speaker 10: It's my daughter's name as in Robin Hood maid Marion, No Sheriff.
Speaker 2: No, Nottingham.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Tights, no Arrow, that is that her first name?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: That's her first name.
Speaker 1: Love. Oh my god, what a great name.
Speaker 11: It's a fun name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. Hey, listen, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Surely you don't need an invite to get into a wedding that you've been invited to.
Speaker 8: No, you don't need an invite, but you need to know where you're going and when, and what to wear, and what are the timings.
Speaker 1: And who is relying on you know what to wear? Truss up smart?
Speaker 7: But do you know what time and where it is?
Speaker 1: You did not? I do. I can't sound air.
Speaker 7: What time do you think it is?
Speaker 1: Five? I know it's five?
Speaker 7: Okay, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Yes see, I.
Speaker 6: Know I had to get I couldn't find it in my inbox, so I had to get Rio last night to reced Caitlin's wedding invite.
Speaker 7: Just to make in your inbox.
Speaker 1: You were not invited. If your names are on the list, you ain't coming in. Oh, that could be a real nasty cold scene drama at radio wedding. So much radio drama already, we don't need to be adding to it. Guys, all right, today on the time, where so We're looking for your athletic bands up for grabs for the best in show Gold Cast Group, Rass for you and three mates, Athletic bands, Rage against the Rowing Machine, Silver Hella, Tom Petty Hella to Pety Michael, your same bolton. I'd love to see your same boat with a mulley. You know it's growing out. Hurdler notes, you can't take those two on the fifteen hundred people. Chase, I'll try, Louse you read now, you gotta be so fit to them and a baseball ace of bass Ria.
Speaker 7: What have you got lebron Jovi?
Speaker 1: Oh that is that's very good.
Speaker 8: Goldflowers, she's out of the wedding, she's onto the court. It's squashed spice.
Speaker 1: No it isn't it's bronze. That's actually no shoots, missus. You probably don't know. HiT's the post again? Who's playing for.
Speaker 7: Messi Higgins?
Speaker 1: Oh that's very good. That's gold.
Speaker 9: He's back, Karate, Pierri Silva and Shaky Wilson. Shaky Wilson's gold as well. All right, we're looking for your athletic bands. Text them in, will mark them next.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Time waster. We're looking for your athletic bands. Best in Show Gold Class group pass for you and three mates. There's a lot of very good ones today. Great work everyone, Let's go Athletic mans Zzy Squats, Silva stread into a Phraser, Javelin Manson, God, what a sight. Uh, Tom World on the Olympic Sees The Olympic Sees silver plus Cardio B.
Speaker 12: Gold.
Speaker 1: That's from Tracy Wareham, No gout gout God so smart. Wow World, Thank thank you, Sue Harmon for no gout gout. Greg Luganis Morissets.
Speaker 7: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: So good. Nate, well done, Greg Lagana, shout out, Gregg morisets In Hurdle Gurus Silver, Panic at the Discus Silver plus, Artic Jim Junkies Silver, Chris cross Country gold. Yeah, that's good. Simon Shirley, well done. Snoop Dodgeball Bronze, Tough Lump BRep System of a Downward Dog go Mark, what done? Jim Morrison Bronze, DMX Racing Silver plus, Lana del Relay Oh Gold, Cory well done, Backstroke Boys silver plus match Box drop and give me twenty. That's very good. Frederick Barbell Streisened silver the b G that was fast. No, that's that's the one of the weeks. That's the b G that was fast. I love that County Moral gold. We call that be what's going on with that was gold? I put it into a can not really we don't have the on the show, So consentual curling Heidi Gold Christian with but you return this week. I'll be listening to the Screamer jets, Oh godl LA's good time eat topic, Oh Zeitgeist, Johnny, how far can you run?
Speaker 12: Gold?
Speaker 1: That is so funny? Johnny, how fun can you run? Nick well done? Medal as anything, Silva, David Bow and arrowy Cold. There's so many good ones. Chris well done, Pan Tara Hammy yelling and carrying on stage well, Joshua Cavana burpgs silver Geez, that was fun still funny, protein, powder finger silvera al right, who is off to the cinema?
Speaker 8: So hard to choose by the late entry from p.
Speaker 1: G that was fat so fast one. Joshua Cavna is the winner, okay, but runner up g she was fast. Kathy Torpy, all right, we are back. I actually thought was saying goodbye. It's the weekend for some reason Today Show has had a Friday vibe.
Speaker 7: Tonight we can just call it the weekend.
Speaker 1: Now right now, how things are in the company. Yeah, better be the good guys. Be the good guys. Happy comeback Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 2: Boss Christian O'Connell shar Go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Here's a chemist warehouse. And save more money every year on your regular medication with discount prescriptions in every store, every day.