Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good? Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. I am such a Monday loser. So is my wife. So is our house, so is our family, so is our front room. I did a thing yesterday with good intentions. But sometimes in life there is a big difference between intention and impact.
Speaker 1: That's my story of yesterday.
Speaker 2: My wife has had been mumbling over the weekend about God damn it, Chris, this rug rug? Does it look filthy to you? And it was like a great rug, so I can't really see it. But I sometimes think that a man's eyes men's eyes DNA wise, I think don't see in exact great detail that women's eyes do. Agree the amount of time I go, I can't find something in the fridge, and I go, where the hell is the mayonnaise?
Speaker 1: And it's just in front of me, slightly the left. Have you had a boy? Look? Wow? I just didn't. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: You know, amazing those orc eyes you've got, so I couldn't notice that this gray rug is apparently looking a bit lack last year. So I came home, you said, thought, you know what, I'm going to surprise my wife. I'm going to clean this bloody rug. You know when you start something out. Why did I even bother with this? First of all, this rug is about four metres by four meters. That's a perfect square. I have to move the couch right, the L shaped couch off it by myself, right, that's hard work. Then I have to drag it outside to the deck.
Speaker 1: Era. I thought I'll clean it somehow, So again you try.
Speaker 2: It's a very dense, heavy chain milky like.
Speaker 1: I'm not how how do you actually move? This is so if they're not meant to be moved.
Speaker 2: So it took at least forty five minutes to get it ounce the back deck. And then think, I'll draper over the table we've got out there so I can beat it with a brew and clean it. Okay, So even that's like, that's like a workout. I didn't bother go into the gym. I was at the court. The muscle's being burnt here. Joe Rogan needs to get rugs in his gym. So I get it all up. I get a broom, start whacking it game. Dust is coming off, and I thought, do you know what?
Speaker 1: She's right? This is a dirty ass rug. I know, I do. I'll get the garden hose out, put some put some sense to me. It's ruined it.
Speaker 2: It's world pats and again my eyes, I didn't even see it as wood Do you know what fabric?
Speaker 1: I saw it as Ruggy? Yeah? Actually I would have no idea what fabric? Any?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I killed Ruggy? Wait?
Speaker 2: So what has it put morning fresh like all over it? You know, like just wash a liquid all over it? Right, and then starting to get the hose out straight away, it's like bubbling.
Speaker 1: Up and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I'm looking at my watch going she's backing back to it. Oh god.
Speaker 1: Then it's like going all over the wooden.
Speaker 2: Deck, soapy tail tale SuDS. This thing just doesn't look right. Immediately I can hear the rug almost going.
Speaker 1: A rug killer, rug killer.
Speaker 2: Ruggy is dead, and so what what are you going to do with a massive four by four meter rug? Now?
Speaker 1: Well, do you know his problem?
Speaker 2: That is mine? My wife says, we can't. This is never going to be the same again. You need to deal with this.
Speaker 1: And you can't sell it. No one's gonna buy, No one's gonna buy back. I could put a marketplace. You wouldn't even get it away for free.
Speaker 2: No, once it's tried out, the things, even the smalking, right, I let the dog out right half four.
Speaker 1: That rug is still soaking wet.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to be dry in twenty twenty five. This is a problem for next year. I'm gonna try and sell it a marketplace, slightly dishuffled, but real clean.
Speaker 1: Ugly asser Ug. The Christian o'connall Show podcast